PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Pokemon FIRE RED:: Trainer Backsprite Editing

X-aveon
July 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hi. This is X-aveon. This is going to be a tutorial for FIRE RED.
not ruby, cuz that games easy to hack. yadayadayada. anyways.
you'll need::
a FIRE RED ROM
Tile Molester Alternative
and a good ability to sprite.
vba

first open TM.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame1.png

then your rom::

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame2.png

next, go to view, block size, custom, it'll prolly say 16x16, but make it say 8x8

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame4.png

now, lets go to the offsets! go to navigate, then go to, and type in:: E69F00
it'll take you to where you need to go. BUT WAIT!
it looks a tad bit screwy.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame6.png

time to FIX it. here's how!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame7.png

this is ur result::

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame8.png

now, to make the colors right. open VBA and FIRE RED and go to a battle scene
where it shows the backsprite.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame9.png

then go to tools and palette viewer.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame92.png

then save what is circled...

BACK TO TILE MOLESTER! click palette, import from, then another file and select
your palette!!!!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame93.png

then..... KA-CHOW!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame94.png

here is my edit!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFrame95.png

and now my result::

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/Tutorial%20Backsprite/TileFramezer.png

YAY!!!! And that is how you do it!

BTW, you don't have to repeat all of this to get the girl to work right. it uses the same palette and method. like, once you get the boy to look right, just scroll down a few times and it'll show the girl. HAPPY EDITING!

Tyrantrum
July 21st, 2008, 12:11 AM
This seems good. :)
One thing, how do u do the editing part?
I'm still a bit baffled. :\

flash boy
July 21st, 2008, 01:30 AM
Very nice tutorial I was really confused on how to do this and this helped me alot nice and clear :)

Ashley Tisdale
July 21st, 2008, 05:05 AM
Yeah.. Because i only know Mapping.Spriting..Beta Testing.. i know half of Scripting.. and this one tutors me well Thanks im gonna try it in my hack!

X-aveon
July 21st, 2008, 05:08 AM
This seems good. :)
One thing, how do u do the editing part?
I'm still a bit baffled. :\

if you messsed around on PAINT for a bit, you would see the tools on the left side.
its practically the same. use the higher red circle that i drew on the picture i'm about to post. use THAT red circle to pick the tool you want to color with. then use the lower circle to choose your color. but remember. only use that palette. happy editing!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/FriendsRoxYourSox/TileFrame.png

Yeah.. Because i only know Mapping.Spriting..Beta Testing.. i know half of Scripting.. and this one tutors me well Thanks im gonna try it in my hack!
Thanks for the compliment on my tut. I might come out with more, but i'll reduce the picture size. next time. It's a ginourmous size!

cooley
July 21st, 2008, 07:37 AM
Ah, this is a good tutorial, sure helps me!
Anyways, good luck! And thanks for this too, I really mean it.

Question, how come I can't view the exported .pal file in Tile Molester?

Ryousha
July 21st, 2008, 07:49 AM

Yeha, but tile molester never works , even if i installed java and java script :P.

X-aveon
July 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM

Question, how come I can't view the exported .pal file in Tile Molester?

You need to have Tile Moleser ALTERNATE. you can get it from this thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144651

Yeha, but tile molester never works , even if i installed java and java script :P.

thats not true. its always worked for me. you prolly just don't have a certain file for it. anyways use the link above. it should work after you extract the folder.

cooley
July 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks, It's working now!
But now, everytime I import an image, it gets cut off? Do you know how to fix this?

X-aveon
July 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks, It's working now!

your welcome, and if you need any beta testers for eruption, just pm me. thanx.

Ryousha
July 23rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
How do I paste an image you know to replace Red?

X-aveon
July 23rd, 2008, 05:42 AM
How do I paste an image you know to replace Red?

go to edit & paste. or you could use a brush on the left hand corner.
all remember to use the ALTERNATE version.

Ryousha
July 23rd, 2008, 05:47 AM
go to edit & paste. or you could use a brush on the left hand corner.
all remember to use the ALTERNATE version.

Um can you do backsprite inserting for me? =).

I really hate trying, it broke my rom.

X-aveon
July 23rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
Um can you do backsprite inserting for me? =).

I really hate trying, it broke my rom.

sure, just send me a link to your ips so i can get it and insert your backsprites. but please put me in the credits. and i don't steal hacks. the moderators would kill me.
what hack is it for anyways. i'll help people that need it. but not if i'm busy. and im not at the moment. i need to have a picture of your characters too. i'll do the best i can. your welcome. just pm me.

flash boy
July 23rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
A quick question do you have the offsets for proffeser oak, the hero, gary and the heroine at the intro of the game.

X-aveon
July 23rd, 2008, 07:36 AM
A quick question do you have the offsets for proffeser oak, the hero, gary and the heroine at the intro of the game.

no, sorry. but you can find it in unlz.gba.
it has to be in 256 color mode and at #341 i like to use palette 3 the most for it.

ultimoechidna
July 24th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Ok, i paste from a BMP file in my documents, it comes in fine, no bother- but when i drag it and let go of the mouse button, it "Jumps". this is really annoying- any way I can fix it?

X-aveon
July 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ok, i paste from a BMP file in my documents, it comes in fine, no bother- but when i drag it and let go of the mouse button, it "Jumps". this is really annoying- any way I can fix it?

that happens. i know, i hate it. but it always works out for me.

PokeHaxer
July 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
hi. this is friendsroxyoursox's other account. pm FRYS though for help.

X-aveon
July 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM
hi. this is friendsroxyoursox's other account. pm FRYS though for help.

hi this is frys, pm my account for help. i'm just using my other account for other stuff.

Rogs9i5
July 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Thankyou so much for this tutorial. I never understood how to do it before your tutorial

Ice Lightning
July 26th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for this tutorial! I just have one question, were can I download Tile Molester, I've searched the forums and can't find it.

<~F.M.P~>
July 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanx This helped alot, I've been off the scene for a while and forgot alot on how to hack thanks for this tut...also I would like for you to test my hack(pokemon carbon)please pm if your interested.

X-aveon
July 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for this tutorial! I just have one question, were can I download Tile Molester, I've searched the forums and can't find it.

look a few posts above this.

Thanx This helped alot, I've been off the scene for a while and forgot alot on how to hack thanks for this tut...also I would like for you to test my hack(pokemon carbon)please pm if your interested.

i'd be glad to.

Amby332
August 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks alot, this really helped!

Mario_Bones
August 4th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Stupid question:
This works for Ruby too if you know the offsets, right?

Geeked
August 4th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Great Tut, I was looking to do this soon!!

X-aveon
August 4th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Stupid question:
This works for Ruby too if you know the offsets, right?

you can use tile molestor alternate, but you can do it easilier in unlz.gba after most of the trainers. then in won't drag if you don't have it right. its easier for ruby, though.
but i think fire red is more of a challenge so i like it!

THE HACK ATTACK
August 4th, 2008, 07:46 AM
ok dumb question but i tried opening tike molester but it just wont run why is that????

X-aveon
August 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
ok dumb question but i tried opening tike molester but it just wont run why is that????

OK EVERYBODY. I have that problem too. Thats why i keep the zipped folder of it. each time i use tile molestor i delete it. then extract the files again and so on. i know its annoying, but its the best way. GOOD LUCK!

Mario_Bones
August 6th, 2008, 12:18 AM
you can use tile molestor alternate, but you can do it easilier in unlz.gba after most of the trainers. then in won't drag if you don't have it right. its easier for ruby, though.
but i think fire red is more of a challenge so i like it!
So I can just use unlz.GBA for Ruby?

X-aveon
August 6th, 2008, 07:09 AM
So I can just use unlz.GBA for Ruby?
yeah. thats why more people needed this tutorial for Fire Red.

THE HACK ATTACK
August 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah thanks i found a version of TM where the program is a .exe instead of a .tar

Mario_Bones
August 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
yeah. thats why more people needed this tutorial for Fire Red.
Ah, I see. I wasn't sure because I'm new to all this and I wasn't sure what the differences between Ruby and Fire Red were.

Nnmaru
August 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Yayness! I've been needing to know this for a while.
I love people who actually make tutorials for others.
However, I'm too mean to do that. Not that I know how to do anything without tutorials xDD
Anyway, YAY! xD

RockmanEXE
August 13th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Thank gooodness! Now I can complete Pokemon Cobalt! I heart Pokemon Community!

X-aveon
August 13th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Ah, I see. I wasn't sure because I'm new to all this and I wasn't sure what the differences between Ruby and Fire Red were.

ruby's easier to hack, thats why more people hack that. but fire red hackers, my friends, may need this tutorial. I've tried to use zel's old tutorial that showed how to do this, but this is kind of like an upgrade of that cuz now you can actully see what the trainers look like. not like in his tut. not saying i'm better or anything.

Yayness! I've been needing to know this for a while.
I love people who actually make tutorials for others.
However, I'm too mean to do that. Not that I know how to do anything without tutorials xDD
Anyway, YAY! xD

it doesn't hurt to make tutorials, that way people will befriend you more, i don't have a lot of friends, and you'll become more famous on pokecommunity.

Thank gooodness! Now I can complete Pokemon Cobalt! I heart Pokemon Community!

Pokecommunity not the only people to thank. lots of others put time into making their tutorials. you have to thank the person who made it, and who helped.

Shen
August 15th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hey, does this work on Emerald? I'm asking because it apparently uses the same engine as FR/LG.

Aztekia
August 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM
If this game does work with Emerald, what's the code to find the male hero offset on Emerald? On FR it is E69F00, but it seems to be different for Emerald.

X-aveon
August 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hey, does this work on Emerald? I'm asking because it apparently uses the same engine as FR/LG.

i think in emerald, you find it in unlz.gba. idk. i'm not an emerald hacker. if i find any source, i'll reply here.

If this game does work with Emerald, what's the code to find the male hero offset on Emerald? On FR it is E69F00, but it seems to be different for Emerald.

i don't really know. i don't think they have the same engine, after all, they're completely different regions with different features.

RenviLLe
August 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Now, I have the back sprite, but how can I insert it to the ROM? If i's using unLz as well, what number?

timekaiser
August 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM
when i save the obj.pat for the colors it doesnt show up on TM and i cant paste Backsprites onto TM

X-aveon
August 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Now, I have the back sprite, but how can I insert it to the ROM? If i's using unLz as well, what number?

what rom are you using? and that question has been answered many times. its only unlz for ruby and possibly emerald.

when i save the obj.pat for the colors it doesnt show up on TM and i cant paste Backsprites onto TM

first of all, its obg.pal, and i'm not sure about your pasting problem.... but you need to use tile molestor ALTERNATE.

FeKa
August 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
First of all sorry for my bad english.
I'm doing all the things you do, but the palette doesn't work in the rom.
I mean, it shows in the TM even after save, but when I start the rom is still the old palette with no changes.
Any help with this (and yes, I'm using TMAlternate)?

Thanks in advance.

Zeikku™
August 27th, 2008, 04:30 AM
quick question, can i import a slrite with new colors? or do I have to import then pal edit?

Kanzler
August 28th, 2008, 04:03 PM
um, how did u get the d/p backsprite up. Did u tediously paint each pixel? (i made a piplup like that :))

MugenPlaya
August 29th, 2008, 04:44 AM
awesome tut. but when i try to import the pallete, it doesnt show when in tile molester when i save it

edit: nvm still great tut

Platinum994
August 29th, 2008, 06:23 AM
excellent tutorial, good ^^

MugenPlaya
August 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
how do i replace the sprites with an image instead of doing it from scratch
im new to tile molester

Vega-kun
September 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Yes finally Thank you so much!
I've been looking for this forever XD

X-aveon
October 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
um, how did u get the d/p backsprite up. Did u tediously paint each pixel? (i made a piplup like that :))

i got them from a site. credits to the spriters resource.

awesome tut. but when i try to import the pallete, it doesnt show when in tile molester when i save it

edit: nvm still great tut
thanx.

excellent tutorial, good ^^
thank you.

how do i replace the sprites with an image instead of doing it from scratch
im new to tile molester
paste it

Yes finally Thank you so much!
I've been looking for this forever XD
you're welcome.

quick question, can i import a slrite with new colors? or do I have to import then pal edit?
edit the palette, save the palette, then import it into
TMA.

First of all sorry for my bad english.
I'm doing all the things you do, but the palette doesn't work in the rom.
I mean, it shows in the TM even after save, but when I start the rom is still the old palette with no changes.
Any help with this (and yes, I'm using TMAlternate)?

Thanks in advance.

go to it in ape and make sure it is the right palette.