PDA

View Full Version : question of curiosity about mirage island

aceglen
July 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Ok, i know how to get to mirage island, with the whole "numbers" reseting every day. so, what if one day, you were lucky enough to get to mirage island. what would happen if you saved there, on the island, and turned your game on the next day? would you still be on the island or in water?

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Mirage Island is found on Route 130 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Route_130) in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby_and_Sapphire) and Emerald (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald). However, it can only be visited under rare circumstances. Every day, a random number between 0 and 65535 is generated by the game. If this number matches the ID number of any of the Pokémon in the party, Mirage Island will appear in the game. For this reason, many people have been tricked into believing that Mirage Island does not exist.

t3hjolteon
July 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Slight correction: The number that determines passage into Mirage Island is not your pokemon's ID number. Each day, a random 16-bit number gets assigned to Mirage Island. If this matches the last 16 bits of any of your party pokemon's personality values, you will be able to access Mirage Island. Personality values are used for several traits including Unown letter, nature, whether your pokemon has its first or second ability, Spinda spot pattern, etc. This particular part includes the byte for your pokemon's gender value as well as another part which as a byte is only used to determine whether a Wurmple becomes a Silcoon or a Cascoon.

Every pokemon's personality value is different (it is extremely, absurdly rare for there to be an exception). This is why you can change your party around and get another shot at whether the Pacifidlog Man sees Mirage Island. It is a very improbable occasion (65535/6 = only a 1 in 10922.5
chance per team of 6 pokemon); I have never been to Mirage Island once.

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Slight correction: The number that determines passage into Mirage Island is not your pokemon's ID number. Each day, a random 16-bit number gets assigned to Mirage Island. If this matches the last 16 bits of any of your party pokemon's personality values, you will be able to access Mirage Island. Personality values are used for several traits including Unown letter, nature, whether your pokemon has its first or second ability, Spinda spot pattern, etc. This particular part includes the byte for your pokemon's gender value as well as another part which as a byte is only used to determine whether a Wurmple becomes a Silcoon or a Cascoon.

Every pokemon's personality value is different (it is extremely, absurdly rare for there to be an exception). This is why you can change your party around and get another shot at whether the Pacifidlog Man sees Mirage Island. It is a very improbable occasion (65535/6 = only a 1 in 10922.5
chance per team of 6 pokemon); I have never been to Mirage Island once.

Is it?? I believe its like the lotto.
But sure, i can't contradict your opinion, its YOURS.

t3hjolteon
July 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Bulbapedia's got it wrong. :/
I'm very certain it's fact that the personality value determines passage to Mirage Island.

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Bulbapedia's got it wrong. :/
I'm very certain it's fact that the personality value determines passage to Mirage Island.

OH?????
So where did you find the information?

t3hjolteon
July 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Serebii.net's covered it in basic on the Game Mechanics section of the webpage. Also, I used to be a member on the Serebii forums, and the question's been asked and answered before.

Also, people's experiences with Mirage Island (changing their party around and then being able to access the place) support that.

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Oh thanks dude!! I really appreciate it.
By the way, is it that awesomely,super duperly rare??

Cassino
July 27th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Guys, you're completely to be missing the OP's actual question.

Unless it's glitched, I can only think once the player gets onto Mirage Island, it won't disappear regardless until the player has left. That's just my speculation but it's the most likely answer... Even round here, I doubt there's anyone who's gone there and saved as well as being active enough on the forums to notice this thread. :/

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM
^oh sorry...
I think nobody has been to that wretched island & save as well...

aceglen
July 27th, 2008, 10:22 PM
jeez so if this island is so rare, whats the point of even having it?

Sooi
July 28th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I believe that there are some rare berries to be found there? I'm not sure however.

Ninja Caterpie
July 28th, 2008, 12:48 AM
It's the only place to get a berry that ups attack when on low HP.
It's also the only place to find wild Wynauts.

Sooi
July 28th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Don't you mean wild Wynauts because you get a Wynaut egg anyway in the game ^^.

.emerald
July 28th, 2008, 05:10 AM
jeez so if this island is so rare, whats the point of even having it?
Because of the berries.
I believe that there are some rare berries to be found there? I'm not sure however.
Yup there are.

Its called a liechi berry.

Don't you mean wild Wynauts because you get a Wynaut egg anyway in the game ^^.
Um...No i don't think so...
Maybe its a special wynaut?

Azonic
July 28th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Nope, they're just regular Wynauts. The only thing that's special about them is that some of them are pretty high leveled and pretty low leveled. Levels range from Level 5 to Level 50.
---
You'd be in the water on Surf the next day.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
July 28th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I dont see whats so good of the Leichi Berry, I have been on that Island before (without cheating) and I did pick up that berry. First off it takes forever to grown and second I only get one Leichi berry right after planting it =(

:t354:TG

Sooi
July 28th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I don't really think, you're supposed to plant it. You're just supposed to keep it, like a one in a lifetime thing.

t3hjolteon
July 28th, 2008, 07:10 AM
No, Liechi berries are plantable. They take four days to grow, but if you water them once per day you will be able to receive two Liechi berries during harvest.

Demeter
July 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Nope, they're just regular Wynauts. The only thing that's special about them is that some of them are pretty high leveled and pretty low leveled. Levels range from Level 5 to Level 50.
---
You'd be in the water on Surf the next day. What happens if you don't have a pokemon with surf in your party?

JollyRoger25
July 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I've been there. Not that great, found a level 26 Wynaut, and some good berries, but there gone now, I replanted one, but its been like a couple months and they still havent grown, come to think of it, neither have my other berries, hmmm. Anywho, I did not save on it, but I guess it wouldn't dissapaer as long as you were on it, guess mind you.

El Gofre
July 31st, 2008, 03:51 AM
What happens if you don't have a pokemon with surf in your party?

Then you wouldnt be on the island in the first place would you?

.emerald
August 1st, 2008, 04:31 AM
I dont see whats so good of the Leichi Berry, I have been on that Island before (without cheating) and I did pick up that berry. First off it takes forever to grown and second I only get one Leichi berry right after planting it =(

:t354:TG
Lucky!

No, Liechi berries are plantable. They take four days to grow, but if you water them once per day you will be able to receive two Liechi berries during harvest.
Cloning or dup would be a lot easier..

What happens if you don't have a pokemon with surf in your party?
then how would you get there??DUH...

Gold warehouse
August 1st, 2008, 04:48 AM
I replanted one, but its been like a couple months and they still havent grown, come to think of it, neither have my other berries, hmmm

Ever heard of the berry glitch?

Guillermo
August 1st, 2008, 05:00 AM
I would say You would be surfing in water. I would never try as it is a total risk and getting to Mirage Island is a great opportunity. My Leichi berry from Mirage Island grew just fine.

Guitar God in Training
August 1st, 2008, 06:59 AM
I wonder if anyone ever picked the Leichi berries then planted one in the same soil on Mirage Island only to never find it again. :D

JollyRoger25
August 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Ever heard of the berry glitch?

But I have Emerald, does the berry glitch effect Emerald?