PDA

View Full Version : Pearl/FireRed Problem

Jamie-0408
July 30th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I recently got FireRed, but whenever I try and load a DS game with FR in the GBA slot it deletes the data on FR. Now, you might say just don't try and load DS games with it in, but I need to connect the two for migration and dongle pokemon.

Any ideas how to stop it? It's really irritating.

-Unknown-
August 2nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Try changing the backup memory, if u did that theres something wrong with your firered/pearl

Jamie-0408
August 3rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
How do I change the backup memory

It's not too much of a problem now cause I can trade to Sapphire and migrate that way, but if I can stop it that would be great, I mean the game itself works fine.

JacobGRocks
August 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
You may have a fake FireRed. Is the game cart light red? And is there a Nintendo logo on the circuit board of FireRed? (shine a flashlight where the connectors are)

Jamie-0408
August 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Right colour and it's got a logo

The game is second hand so I can only assume it was damaged by the previous owner.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 4th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Right colour and it's got a logo

The game is second hand so I can only assume it was damaged by the previous owner.

then what I will do is send the game back where you got it from and ask for another one

:t354:TG

PB
August 4th, 2008, 06:19 AM
You're Fire Red card may have a fault. Mine did, it deleted itself and I had a Dragionair! (but thats not important now ^^;;)

Anyway, the game's memory gets worn out after having it for a long time and does end up deleting itself, so it may be that.

Tyranitar.
August 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I had my Sapphire For Almost 3 years. Still Working. and I have a Fired for 2 years. Thought it's glitched.

evilmagikarp94
August 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
try buying one from a trustworthy source such as amazon and gamestop.