PDA

View Full Version : do you think its weird...

kkaitlinn94
July 31st, 2008, 04:44 AM
to not evolve your starter?
on my leaf green game i have a level 76 charmander
and on diamond i had a piplup level 40 something until i had to evolve it so empoleon could learn rock climb (currently searching for a piplup to trade!)
have you ever done that?
i just think the pokemon are cuter when they arent evolved...

caitlynjm_pokemon
July 31st, 2008, 07:13 AM
I think its fine. I have a seedot on level 63 and still growing. I evolved my starter though, just for the moves.

Gold warehouse
July 31st, 2008, 07:15 AM
Yes I do think it's weird =P

Cassino
August 1st, 2008, 06:05 AM
Not at all. I personally prefer having good looking Pokemon over strong ones. You could call me more of a contest person than a battling one. :P

R a i n n s a n雨
August 1st, 2008, 06:09 AM
No thats pretty awesome. I'd love making a Lv. 100 Piplup!!

Roy G. Biv
August 1st, 2008, 06:38 AM
I rarely evolve Pokemon I think look cooler. For example, Dragonite is fat... But Dragonair isn't XD
Disclaimer: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DRAGONITE

ISa56
August 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
No, that isn't weird at all. I didn't evolve my Turtwig until it was level 60.

Jubilation
August 4th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Well, it's not weird at all, just probaly more sensible to evolve them for the stat changes & etc.

.emerald
August 4th, 2008, 04:45 AM
No it isn't weird, i have a lvl. 78 Torchic!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM
I always evolve my Pokemon when they are suppose to evolve. But I dont see it as being weird of some sort

:t354:TG

funnyberry
August 4th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Nope, it's not wierd at all XD I agree with Nanako who said that she prefered Good looking ones. I still have my Squirtle in Leaf Green, and it was some time before I let my Pidgeotto evolve into Pidgeot. Do you think that I'm going to let my Phanpy evolve? Not a chance! :P I only let Charmander and Mareep evolve.

The_G'
August 4th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Not at all. I personally prefer having good looking Pokemon over strong ones. You could call me more of a contest person than a battling one. :P

Thats something I want to do but situations betray me and insists me to evolve. =[
Its not weird , it may be even more of the advantage.

KING KRIS
August 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
not really i evolve them for the better stats

(Dusty<3)
August 7th, 2008, 10:10 AM
nope!
I have a Lv. 100 Chikorita!
<3

Cassino
August 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Thats something I want to do but situations betray me and insists me to evolve. =[
Its not weird , it may be even more of the advantage.
There's something you can make Pokemon hold that stops them from evolving, I forgot what it is though...

Some Pokemon learn moves that they wouldn't unless held back from evolving for a few more levels, but I think that's the only advantage.

Giblie
August 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I think it is fine, I have a lv.94 Ponyta and lv.50 Treecko on Emerald.

Al.Long
August 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I don't think it's weird at all
i'd love to make a team of level 100 un-evolved pokemon
or just go crazy in contests with loadsa cute ickle pokemon :)

and Nanako Nanashima, ur thinking of an Everstone :3

Master Jecht
August 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM
nope its not. I love it when there small and cute. I have a 31 riolu (with max friendliness) and a 40 mudkip

Inferno2991
August 8th, 2008, 08:09 PM
For battles i evolve them but for contests i like having pre evos dont ask why its just what i like, currently im raising a dragonair i believe they look very elegant pefect for contests

raquaza killer
August 14th, 2008, 02:47 PM
my freind has a lv 100 kakuna its sooooooooo weak

Haza
August 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I used to keep it at stage 2 because they always look great at that stage.

Aurafire
August 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
It's not weird unless you're competitively battling....then it's just stupid. But yeah, what's with unevolved pokes being so much cuter?

The Bringer!
August 15th, 2008, 02:16 AM
I almost always evolve my pokes unless I need them to learn a certain move, but in sapphire I have a mudkip at some uber high level (nicknamed IherdULiek xD) and in leaf green I have a squirtle that I plan to not evolve.

Guillermo
August 15th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I always evolve my starter, i prefer strong looking pokemon like Charizard over cute ones like Charmander, it is also good with the moves

ShusukeFuji
August 15th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I do find it awkward. I love evolving my pokemon for the dex data and the strength gains.

Greyson
August 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I dont find it strange.I have a level one hundred abra and cleffa. I traded the cleffa for a level one hundered shiny gallade. People showing off their pokemon on the GTS tick me off, so I have a few of those pokemon to suprise them.

Mr. Pokemon
August 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
No, because your start learns moves that it can't when it evolves, right? I think Torchic can learn Fire Spin at level 25, but Combusken and Blaziken cannot. I'd evolve your Charmander though so you can teach it Blast Burn.

magical umbreon
August 15th, 2008, 02:47 PM
There's something you can make Pokemon hold that stops them from evolving, I forgot what it is though...

Some Pokemon learn moves that they wouldn't unless held back from evolving for a few more levels, but I think that's the only advantage.
Ever stone? I like evolution for all of hoenn starters, and Johto, I don't like how blastoise looks so if i ever pick squirtle i wouldn't let it evolve.

dialga493
August 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I had a level 90 elekid in F.Red and 100 Dratini. They kicked butt!
:-)

MyLittleShop
August 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Well if you keep your pokemon on stage one they learn moves much faster. They can learn moves that stage three cant... but also vice versa.

JesseRocket
August 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
No way! It makes things a little more difficult but i kept my turtwig until like lv 34 and then evolved it, i miss it :(