PDA

View Full Version : First- and Second-gen fans unite!

Master Electrician
August 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Okay, this is for those of you who enjoy a good evening with that battered old copy of Blue.

Who had a nerdgasm when you saw the Indigo League DVDs in stores.

If you've noticed that your list of favorites tends towards Pokemon that are a decade or so old.

If realizing that makes you feel hideously old.

In short, this is for the people who fell in love with Red, Blue, and Yellow, who remember the rabid fervor they had on the release date of Gold and Silver. Who cried during "Pikachu's Goodbye" and thought Professor Ivy was a lousy wench who was no good for Brock.

This is for the fans of Pokemon through Crystal or the end of the Orange Islands arc.

Phoenix_Mew
August 3rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
YAAAAAAAAY ME! I love these gens. I'm so glad to be here with jooooo!

Espy Psyche
August 4th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I'm nearly twenty, been playing ever since R/B came out here in the US. Sis makes fun of me because I still play, says I'm too old to like Pokemon and that I should like to watch the news and politics and such.

Ambellina
August 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'll join! I'm 20 & have been playing red since it came out (still do ^^) Huzzah to you, for making such a fine fanclub!

Phoenix_Mew
August 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
YAY FOR THINKING BREATHING WORKING ADULTS WHO STILL LOVE POKEMON!

Master Electrician
August 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I still remember my first ever copy of Red. Its battery died and I got rid of it. Made me sad on the inside. *laughs* No one gives me crap about playing anymore. Advantage of topping the average male by three to six inches.

bman2414
August 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I should dig up my old blue and yellow copies. I love the old pokemon the best. Explains why Charizard is still my fave now as I play through Diamond.

nickstr
August 5th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I know I belong here as I said yes to almost everything on the first post except for crying during the episode "Pikachu's Goodbye" it was the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later" which had that effect on me. And also I was neutral on Brock leaving during the Orange Islands as I did not have any strong feelings toward him. Personally, I started out with Red and remember the day I got it too. I got the game for my 12th birthday in May of 2000 along with the players guide and a brand new atomic purple Gameboy Color. And that Christmas I got Silver along with the Pikachu 2 virtual pet and I also got the G/S edition Gameboy Color in the spring of 2001 which I still have to this day and it still works perfectly.

Phoenix_Mew
August 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Well let's get a discussion going!!

Who's your favorite Pokemon, then?

I am absolutely in love with Raichu, and always have been.

nickstr
August 7th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I like several Pokemon but if I had to pick my favorite from generation 1 or 2 I would have to say Starmie because it is tough and can cover well for its weaknesses.

Ambellina
August 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Starmie for me as well XD It's so cute & it learns some pretty decent moves ^^

Banjora Marxvile
August 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
1st and 2nd gen favourite pokemon has to be Scizor! I like the bug type and Scizor looked cool

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
*Jumps through glass door in rabid fanboy craze*
MUST... JOIN... CLUB!!!1

Kanto and jhoto were probably the best things ever to come out of pokemon.
and there is still one question that still ponders me.

If mewtwo is a stronger clone of mew, then.. why is it #150?
and mew #151?
I know that mew isn;t catchable in the old games,
which makes it #151, but since there were only suppose to be 150 pokemon,
doesn't that mean mew SHOULD be #150?

nickstr
August 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
It is confusing to me too but then again don't bother trying to understand why this was but I think it has quite a bit to do with the the fact that you did not need it to have a complete Pokedex in those days since it was event only.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It is confusing to me too but then again don't bother trying to understand why this was but I think it has quite a bit to do with the the fact that you did not need it to have a complete Pokedex in those days since it was event only.

true.
it does make sence in some ways,
and other ways it doesn't.

but nothing really makes sence in the pokemon world anymore.
exactly, what are burgers made out of?
Tauros? Miltank?

I rest my case.

sirboulevard
August 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Can I join?

I have been in this series since 1999 and I miss the times from 2002 and earlier just because the series was so much better then. I miss Misty being a regular cast member on the show, I miss the Johto region, I miss the hillariously terrible graphics of RBYG (wait, I can just pull my gameboy out for that). I've been a fan of this series for 9 years now and I havent looked back.

My Favorite Poke? Dragonair, because its awsome, but my second fav and fav Starter is Typhlosion.
Burgers would be made out of Miltank not tauros because will not gore you if you try to turn it into a meal (unless it belonged to Whitney of Goldenrod City, in which case it will rollout you and frustrate you to no end.)

Phoenix_Mew
August 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
YAY ANOTHER SOMEONE WHO IS A LEGAL ADULT HAS ENTERED THE CLUB!

And guess what?

Typholsion is my favorite starter, too! (Well, technically the starter's Cydaquil, but...)

Anime/Mangalover247
August 7th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I must join!!! I still have my blue, red, and yellow versions and I still play them too! Who's your favorite Pokemon, then? I would have to say Pikachu, because he is adorable and kawaii!!

A.B.
August 7th, 2008, 11:47 PM
can i join too?! i think the first two generations were by far the best, especially the first. i was in kindergarten when red and blue came out and literally every kid in my class had one. i would play my blue version pretty much all day when i got home.

I have been in this series since 1999 and I miss the times from 2002 and earlier just because the series was so much better then. I miss Misty being a regular cast member on the show, I miss the Johto region, I miss the hillariously terrible graphics of RBYG (wait, I can just pull my gameboy out for that). I've been a fan of this series for 9 years now and I havent looked back.

YEAH!! Misty was so much cooler than stupid may and max. misty was funny. there's no personality with the new people.

I still like pokemon a whole lot, but its really lost something with the newer stuff.

EDIT:
Favorite old pokemon: Squirtle cuz it was my first. i also like ninetales, rapidash, charmander, pikachu, starmie, the eevees, lapras, oddish, pretty much everything else

Ambellina
August 8th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Huzzah to new members! ^^ *throws confetti in everyones face*
& we have a few Misty fans in here as well, Schweet! ^^

Anime/Mangalover247
August 8th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Yeah I am a Misty fan too :) but you know what would be cool? If they had a version where you did exactly like red, blue, and yellow version but only it was based on the anime so you could travel with Brock and Misty....That would be awesome!!

Amplified Ampharos
August 8th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I love SIlver Gold and Crystal my fav Pokemon is TOGETIC from gen 2

Ambellina
August 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM
If they had a version where you did exactly like red, blue, and yellow version but only it was based on the anime so you could travel with Brock and Misty....That would be awesome!!

That would be pretty cool. Yellow would be a fitting version to do that with!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 8th, 2008, 06:22 AM
WHY??? they should have keeped misty.
but NOO... they had to keep brock instead.
brock's cool and all, but misty was t3h best.

and after misty, all they do is get the female heroine of the region to take the girl poision.
and the weird thing is...
whenever a group member leaves ash's party, they seem... better off?
Now misty is a powerful gym leader, and may is a top cordinator with OMG POWERFUL POKEMON (as serebii is to be believed) evolved from her old wimpy pokemon.

but no one seems to know what happend to max...
maybe he'll come back later is the next region? and be ten years old?
and be a trainer?
meh...

wow, I went tracking offtopic, didn't I?

Espy Psyche
August 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Lol, yeah.

Hmm, favorite Pokemon from GSC...Espeon. Before I knew anything about competitive Pokemon, Espeon's firepower with Psychic heavily impressed me.

For D/P competitive, favorite RBY/GSC Pokemon would have to be Moltres. Now that it has Roost and WoW, I can actually beat stuff like Milotic/Vaporeon with Moltres.

Phoenix_Mew
August 8th, 2008, 06:54 AM
What I would really love to see is a Pokemon game where you get the chance to choose a bunch of things. It would be a massive project, but it would be so awesome.

What would you get to choose?

A unique sprite from an array of say, ten or so for each gender.
The region you're starting in.
Your hometown.
Your specialty (breeding, training, contests).
What order you want to do the regions in.
If you'd like to travel with other people.

Because if that were the case, there would be an almost endless supply of things to do in the first and second gen. Even if they just did it with the first and second gen pokemon, it would be awesome.

BeachBoy
August 8th, 2008, 07:10 AM
What I would really love to see is a Pokemon game where you get the chance to choose a bunch of things. It would be a massive project, but it would be so awesome.

What would you get to choose?

A unique sprite from an array of say, ten or so for each gender.
The region you're starting in.
Your hometown.
Your specialty (breeding, training, contests).
What order you want to do the regions in.
If you'd like to travel with other people.

Because if that were the case, there would be an almost endless supply of things to do in the first and second gen. Even if they just did it with the first and second gen pokemon, it would be awesome.

Holy jaja, that does sound incredible. o_o; I wouldn't be surprised if some anniversary game (Say 50? XD) came out like that, it'd be the perfect gift if so. But yeah, amazing idea.

Well, count me in! :D I'm a huge Johto fan, of course first generation too. So I'd definitely like to be a part of this.

nickstr
August 9th, 2008, 03:45 AM

I happen to be one too if my avatar did not give it away already and not only that I am one of her male fans whose intentions are pure. There are quite a few reasons to play Red, Blue, and Yellow even today and nostalgia is certainly one of them. I happen to be twenty myself and understand how people might make fun of you for still liking Pokemon but think about this, there are people in their thirties who like it as well.

Ambellina
August 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I happen to be twenty myself and understand how people might make fun of you for still liking Pokemon but think about this, there are people in their thirties who like it as well.

Very true. My mom watched it with me when it 1st came out & she's crazy for the games. She'll take my gameboy pocket to work & play yellow on her breaks & people think she's mental XD

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I happen to be one too if my avatar did not give it away already and not only that I am one of her male fans whose intentions are pure. There are quite a few reasons to play Red, Blue, and Yellow even today and nostalgia is certainly one of them. I happen to be twenty myself and understand how people might make fun of you for still liking Pokemon but think about this, there are people in their thirties who like it as well.

I really wish I could find my brother's GBC+GB games. I would play it everyday, too.
even get all three starter glitch in crystal cause I all love tem so much.
Except for totdile. It has to evolve to get my respect XD

Very true. My mom watched it with me when it 1st came out & she's crazy for the games. She'll take my gameboy pocket to work & play yellow on her breaks & people think she's mental XD

My mom keeps mixing me up with my brother because he was into pokemon a lot at my age. "I just had to get my jhoto cards" T_T

Anime/Mangalover247
August 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM

My mom is the complete opposite she hated when I play these games because she thought it was too kiddish but now she let's me still play them and act like a lil kid...so yeah

Phoenix_Mew
August 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
My mom hates that I still like Pokemon as well. Well, then again, my mom hates a lot of things that I sincerely enjoy about myself. Considering I plan on spending the rest of my life gaming, she's not that happy at all. :P

But screw 'em all. I love gaming.

Ambellina
August 9th, 2008, 03:33 PM
But screw 'em all. I love gaming.

Haha! Right on sister! ^_^

sirboulevard
August 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Yeah I am a Misty fan too :) but you know what would be cool? If they had a version where you did exactly like red, blue, and yellow version but only it was based on the anime so you could travel with Brock and Misty....That would be awesome!!

This makes me very happy just reading.

That would be pretty cool. Yellow would be a fitting version to do that with!

I actually thought of that when I was 9 before GS was announced that they'd remake Yellow to add Misty and Brock in. Maybe we should start a hack of it?

WHY??? they should have keeped misty.
but NOO... they had to keep brock instead.
brock's cool and all, but misty was t3h best.

and after misty, all they do is get the female heroine of the region to take the girl poision.
and the weird thing is...
whenever a group member leaves ash's party, they seem... better off?
Now misty is a powerful gym leader, and may is a top cordinator with OMG POWERFUL POKEMON (as serebii is to be believed) evolved from her old wimpy pokemon.

True, but Misty isnt completely happy as Gym Leader. When she briefly joined them around Kanto in Battle Frontier she didnt want to return to the Gym even though she had 30 challengers waiting.

ok, back to 1st + 2nd Gen. What Game was your first and which was your favorite?
Personally, my first was Yellow, but my favorite was Crystal. However, I only completed my PokeDex on Red strangely.

Anime/Mangalover247
August 10th, 2008, 05:37 AM
What Game was your first and which was your favorite?

Omg mine too was yellow, I remember I wanted it so badly because it just reminded me of the anime and I loved pikachu :)...I remember I completed the pokedex but then my friend accidentally deleted the data :(...But I will go back someday and redo it but better :)

nickstr
August 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
My first Pokemon game was Red and I started on it back in 2000 on the day of my 12th birthday. I got the game along with an atomic purple Gameboy Color and the player's guide for Red/Blue. This game has since been lost but thanks to emulators I can still play it.

sirboulevard
August 10th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Thats so sad, man. I still have my red version, but nothing to play it on (I lost my GBA while I was at college). There's nothing like the classics. And I also had an Atomic purple GBC when I started too (weird coincidence).

nickstr
August 11th, 2008, 03:01 AM
That is a weird coincidence but my atomic purple GBC was destroyed and replaced with the G/S Gameboy Color which I still have today and still works. Problem is I don't have any GBC Pokemon games anymore since I lost my Silver too. Again that is one of the ROMs that I have so not as much of a big deal.

Ambellina
August 11th, 2008, 05:50 AM
What Game was your first and which was your favorite?
-My 1st was Red but my Fave would have to be...Silver. It was so good. It introduced day & night which was cool & hept me from thinking that they lived in a world of eternal daylight XD

Master Electrician
August 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Well now... My first game was Red Version, as a Christmas present. My first starter was a Charmander. Yeah, kinda tough given the first two Gyms, but there's no denying that he's a badass choice.

Favorite first-gen would be Alakazam, hands down. He was the first I ever raised to level 100 and in the "Trainer's League" at my middle school, I dominated with him.

Favorite second-gen is Espeon. Yeah, I have a thing for Psychic-types, can you tell?

sirboulevard
August 12th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hmm... I think that pretty interesting guys, but since this thread's going a little dead, to keep it alive I'll pose a new topic: Favorite Character of Gen I or Gen II?

nickstr
August 13th, 2008, 03:32 AM
My favorite character is Misty (this should be obvious because of my avatar) who appears in both generations 1 and 2 along with the Kanto remakes in generation 3.

Phoenix_Mew
August 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
My favorite 1st gen Pokemon: Raichu.

My favorite 2nd gen Pokemon: Umbreon.

My favorite game: Silver.

My favorite 1st/2nd gen character: Misty.

Simple, straightforward, yay!

sirboulevard
August 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I forgot to answer my own question: Its misty too guys (how original >_<) just because she has that special ability to be strong and crazy yet awesome.

Ambellina
August 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Misty here too XD Yea, 1 of the crowd but still proud! (Rhymes!)

Anime/Mangalover247
August 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
This may be a shocker but my fav. 1st/2nd gen. character is Misty...I was being sarcastic...However, my favorite 1st gen Pokemon is Pikachu and my second favorite 2nd gen Pokemon would be probably togepi so yeah :)

nickstr
August 15th, 2008, 01:21 AM
From what I have seen this could be called the Misty Club 2.0 since most of us here like her. I have been doing something related recently which was dealing with emulation of the Gameboy and Gameboy Color on a rather different platform, the Sony Playstation Portable. The system I am working with uses an older firmware which loaders for PSP applications known as Eboots can run. One cool thing about this is that I am not tied to my computer anymore and can now play the games on a device which has a similar feel to a physical Gameboy or Gameboy Color system. So far in Red on this emulator I have defeated Misty and am working on moving toward the Vermilion City gym. And in Silver I have yet to win my first gym battle but I am still going to move on and beat the game.

ollieon
August 15th, 2008, 09:29 AM
the original 2 generations are still the best, my favourites were electabuzz and scyther (pity i had blue)
and i still rely heavily on 1st and 2nd gen pokemon in diamond.
i find myself getting annoyed at the new evolutions they keep bringing in
there are just too many eevees now

nickstr
August 17th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Many of the Pokemon I use on my team are from the first and second generations too except for Togekiss but that is because one team I did was a Misty team a while back. I managed through trades and catching wild ones to obtain all the Pokemon she had on her team and even the ones she has now at the Cerulean City gym.

.Missingno
August 17th, 2008, 04:24 AM
sign me up on my 5th birthday my dad got m a gameboy color and red good times

Ambellina
August 17th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Many of the Pokemon I use on my team are from the first and second generations too except for Togekiss but that is because one team I did was a Misty team a while back. I managed through trades and catching wild ones to obtain all the Pokemon she had on her team and even the ones she has now at the Cerulean City gym.

Really? Wow! Thats pretty awsome! ^^

.Missingno
August 17th, 2008, 05:18 AM
look at this suppot banner i just madehttp://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/primetime1241/userbar663992wn4.gif

Anime/Mangalover247
August 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
look at this suppot banner i just madehttp://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/primetime1241/userbar663992wn4.gif

Dude that banner is amazing, I <3 it!!!

.Missingno
August 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM
hey thanks i will be making some more i hope he is on here soon

nickstr
August 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Really? Wow! Thats pretty awsome! ^^

I am not the only one to try something like that too, someone else on another forum is trying to create a Misty team as well and I offered to help them with it. That would be yet another banner I could add to my signature then as I am in the Misty club and this one too.

sirboulevard
August 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Thats a good banner you need to post the tag in the thread. BTW, love the Misty team thing nickstr.

nickstr
August 21st, 2008, 09:27 PM
That was an idea I had after seeing someone else do an Ash team so I thought I would re create Misty's team from the anime. Starmie is the workhorse of that team though and normally is the one which can KO just about anything. They even cover for their weaknesses Politoed knows earthquake to take out most electric types and Starmie knows ice beam and can take out grass types.

sirboulevard
August 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
hmmm... The club seems to be loosing interest again. New Topic: What was your first party of pokes?

Kabuto
Charizard
Lapras
Hypno
Jolteon
Pidgeot

nickstr
August 23rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Darn, I can't remember what my first party was but I do know that I started out with Bulbasaur. This was a long time ago for me, a little over eight years so my memory about the whole thing is not that good.

.Missingno
August 24th, 2008, 04:40 AM
well here is mine
blastoise
garidose
richu
clefable
nidoking
rhydon
oh yeah also here is the support banner i made earlier and the code
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/primetime1241/userbar663992wn4.gif
(IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/primetime1241/userbar663992wn4.gif[/IMG)
replace ( with [ and ) with ]

Anime/Mangalover247
August 24th, 2008, 04:59 AM
New Topic: What was your first party of pokes?

Hmm..I believe it was

Blastoise
Pikachu
Charizard
Venusaur
I think I had two of the legendary birds can't remember which ones
and then Mew

BeachBoy
August 24th, 2008, 05:05 AM
What was your first party of pokes?

Oh jeez, I doubt I could remember... um...

Charizard
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
Kabutops
Gyarados

I think that was my Elite Four Team.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 24th, 2008, 05:12 AM
well my first team was in sapphire ^^"

but the first "old tyme" game was a stolen crystal from my brother.
my team was:

Cyndaquil
Hoothoot
Sentret

as you can see, I didn't get too far.

nickstr
August 26th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I understand that and I might have played Crystal at some point in an emulator and even then I did not get too far either since I was busy with Silver still. There might be time for me to play Crystal again since school does not start for me until the middle of September and I have already finished Diamond among other games that I have been playing recently.

Anime/Mangalover247
August 26th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I finished crystal before silver and gold X)...I think it was because I enjoyed it more....But I should go back to it someday...maybe this weekend since I have monday off :)

BeachBoy
August 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I finished Gold, then Silver, then Crystal if I can remember correctly. XD You know, I really wish the memory cartridges didn't die after seven years, I'd still love to play them. v_v Who's G/S/C actually work? XD Even if they're on the net, those classics are better in my GBA. :)

Avey
August 26th, 2008, 12:38 PM
For nostalgia's sake, I'll join. In my opinion, the first and second generation games were the best. Not because of the graphics nor the gameplay (which were much better in the later games) but because the Pokémon were original, the games were original and everyone liked Pokémon back then so you didn't have to hide the fact that you played the games. Nowadays, regarding the status quo, Pokémon is at the bottom of the food chain and that has nearly destroyed Pokémon as a whole.

Damn, that's a pretty hard one but I think it went in this order:

Charizard
Articuno
Blastoise
Vanasaur
Dragonite
Mewtwo

That was the team I had after I beat the Elite Four in Pokémon Blue. I managed to trick my friends into trading me their started Pokémon.

I finished Gold, then Silver, then Crystal if I can remember correctly. XD You know, I really wish the memory cartridges didn't die after seven years, I'd still love to play them. v_v Who's G/S/C actually work? XD Even if they're on the net, those classics are better in my GBA. :)

Yep, all of my old school versions work, thankfully.

sirboulevard
August 26th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Actually, you can just replace the battery. Get a tool for the Security Nut, open the case, replace the battery (its a 2025 i believe), solder it in place and boom! A GSC game ready for another 7 years! :)

nickstr
August 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
That sounds about right, all that happened is the battery died and the good thing is that you can find CR2025 button cells at just about any store. A direct replacement for them if you cannot find CR2025 is CR2032 as the voltage is exactly the same, 3 volts for both CR2025 and CR2032 and the only difference is that the CR2032 is just slightly larger.

sirboulevard
August 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM
We need a new topic. Why are Gens I - II better than Gens III & IV?
Because most of the new pokes are kinda wierd. Gen IV was just terrible.

nickstr
August 27th, 2008, 02:09 PM
It is hard to say for me but a big reason is that the anime had quite a bit going for it at that time especially in generation I but I hated what happened to it during generation II and it was also when I could not wait to watch the latest dub episodes airing on Kids WB but this all came to an end in 2003. One thing that the games had going for them is the unique feel of Johto, it kind of had a historic feel in many of the cities also the Pokemon were unique and creative.

Anime/Mangalover247
August 27th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Why are Gens I - II better than Gens III & IV?

I believe the answer is simple, because they were the originals and usually the originals are better anyways but also they made it fun but it feels they are destined to make it exist forever....

.Missingno
August 30th, 2008, 06:36 AM
because on I it was like wow this is something i have never played before and II mainly because of the fact that there was 16 yep count them 16 gym badges which made them long and the head butt trees and III was decent because it was still sort of original but IIII was just plain bad i hope that people dont start off there pokemon journey on IIII because if they do they will be very disappointed and also I and II had great replay value III did a little but IIII after you beat it it is BORING!!!!!!

Ambellina
August 30th, 2008, 08:01 AM
-Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, Dewgong, Artiucno
Why are Gens I - II better than Gens III & IV?
-the origional is ALWAYS better...always XD

sirboulevard
August 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
because on I it was like wow this is something i have never played before and II mainly because of the fact that there was 16 yep count them 16 gym badges which made them long and the head butt trees and III was decent because it was still sort of original but IIII was just plain bad i hope that people dont start off there pokemon journey on IIII because if they do they will be very disappointed and also I and II had great replay value III did a little but IIII after you beat it it is BORING!!!!!!
Dont get me started. I completed my pokedex for Gen IV in 4 months. I took me 2 years for Red; I never did for GSC (came close but got stuck around 245/251), and didnt for RSE or FRLG. I was very disappointed. I did like the snow routes (which I wanted in Johto), but otherwise Generation IV has been the most disappointing yet. I'll go back to Gens II or III now.

nickstr
August 30th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I never completed a Pokedex back in those days. What I mainly did was to battle the gym leaders, defeat the elite four, and do some stuff afterward then move onto another game. Kind of stupid but then again I am in a very small town (the population is less than 700) and as a result did not know many people who played the games nor had a link cable. Generation 4 added a few things that I liked but then again it was disappointing in some aspects as well but I really like the online battle and trade capabilities introduced in this generation.

sirboulevard
September 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
If I remember correctly, Crystal did have the first Wi-fi capable system. In Japan the Pokemon Communication Center was in Goldenrod City and used Cell Phones to enable wireless trading and battling. That was the basis for the GBA Wireless Adapter and the current GTS/Pokemon Wi-Fi Battle network as well as the Wii and DS's own internet connections. So, we can (A) Thank Pokemon for Wi-fi gaming on consoles and (B) thank Generation II for starting it!

lord_hardware
November 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Firstly i welcome myself to this fine club... my girlfriend is buying me the complete season one boxset for my 18th :D i recently got into hacking and wouldnt dream of having any pokemoin in it that were newer then silver... my favorite pokemon is blastoise :) but im partial to the pydgy evo's... i dont exactly know what it is about the origianal series that made me fall in love with the games and show but their is a brilliance to it that just hasnt been beaten yet... (although medabots caught my eye for a while)...

btw does anyone know the name of the hack that the dude was making that was truer to the anime series?

Midori Chi
November 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

*Locked*