PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.

HarrisonH
August 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm Harrison. I've played Pokemon since it first came out, and up until the RSE era I had owned every one of them. My interest in the games started to wane with GSC, and after RSE my interest was gone.

A few months ago, a friend of mine introduced me to NetBattle, which brought my interest back, at least for RBY. I started playing, and once I got tired of getting challenge spammed by people playing RSE who couldn't read my profile, I decided to host the only Pure RBY server on NetBattle.

I'm also currently working on a mod of GoldMap that will be for Red (Maybe Blue will work as well), which using the .inis containing the offsets that Coolboyman found and released, will have Wild Pokemon and event support, as well as fix those few maps that aren't showing up perfect.

Gymnotide
August 5th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Pleasure to meet you, Harrison.
It's a shame you're not interested in the games anymore, but to admit, I'm also finding the games a bit less fun.

Ah, NetBattle. I remember that. Does that thing still work anymore?
I was sure everyone moved on to Shoddy :o

Be sure to stop by at the Rules (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723) and the PC FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30600) threads.

Aye, get yourself a spiffy avatar and a colorful signature... Customize your profile... Do stuff!
Go, go, go. Post, post, post! Knock yourself out.

HarrisonH
August 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Pleasure to meet you, Harrison.
It's a shame you're not interested in the games anymore, but to admit, I'm also finding the games a bit less fun.

Ah, NetBattle. I remember that. Does that thing still work anymore?
I was sure everyone moved on to Shoddy :o

Aye, get yourself a spiffy avatar and a colorful signature... Customize your profile... Do stuff!
Go, go, go. Post, post, post! Knock yourself out.
It has to work, or else I wouldn't be playing it. :P From what I understand, Shoddy is only the newer games, and those are the ones which caused me to lose interest, with what I consider their dumbed down battle engine.

While I don't play the games anymore, I've taken an interest to hacking them, which is why I'm trying to make a new editor to work for them. It's working pretty well, all I have to do is fix the hex codes for each Pokemon, and then the Wild Pokemon editing portion of the program will be fixed.

On a side note, I had to edit the links out of the quote or else it wouldn't let me post. =/

Neko
August 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM
OOoo big words for a Neko! x.x;;

Well ,welcome to Pokecommunity Harrison!(I was about to say Netbattle lol). I hope you have a wondeful time here and have fun! :)

I also think I've heard of Netbattle before..from somewhere..isn't it like, when you join and have six Pokemon and battle others online through this thing you download? If so I think I owned it at one point, because I remember having something like that on my compy. The peeps there were mean though, so I stopped playing.

Well, I shall see you around I guess~ I am off to take a much needed shower after two soccer games in a row. x_x;; *death*

-Neko

HarrisonH
August 5th, 2008, 06:46 PM
OOoo big words for a Neko! x.x;;

Well ,welcome to Pokecommunity Harrison!(I was about to say Netbattle lol). I hope you have a wondeful time here and have fun! :)

I also think I've heard of Netbattle before..from somewhere..isn't it like, when you join and have six Pokemon and battle others online through this thing you download? If so I think I owned it at one point, because I remember having something like that on my compy. The peeps there were mean though, so I stopped playing.

Well, I shall see you around I guess~ I am off to take a much needed shower after two soccer games in a row. x_x;; *death*

-NekoYep, that's NetBattle. I personally haven't come across any mean people, just a lot of people who can't speak English. It's fun if you can find the right people to play with.

Hiidoran
August 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Never really did get into the whole internet battling scene... it's just not my things I suppose. :/

None-the-less, welcome to the community.
I'm not sure how much help it would be, but you might find something about Netbattle in the Strategies and Movesets (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12).
(Most people have moved on to Shoddy, it's true.)

However, I'm sure you will have a great time in the Rom-hacking section (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37). There are probably a lot of people who would want to help you there. You just might have a problem with finding people who can actually hack the R/B/Y series very well.
(Darn new hackers! *waves cane in the air*)

Wherever you decide to spend your time at the Pokécommunity; I hope that you will enjoy yourself.
Take care!