PDA

View Full Version : FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Liquid Shadow
February 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Found a bug. When I'm in victory road and I have to fight my rival for the last time, the game freezes when he sends out meganium. I chose my starter as totodile.

linkandzelda
February 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
thanks. i know about that one and its hopfully already fixed.

link

lankan_warrior4
February 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hey, just wondering. You said the release is 1-2 months sooner, so does that mean in one or two months or a bit later. Also, if I start playing on the beta 1.1, how far will it go upto? And once you release your full hack do I have to restart all my progress?

Thanks alot, your hack looks amazing!

Joey_Dice38
February 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM
ok i have played alot of unfinished hacks and im looking for one that is actually finished completely. when do u think u will be done with it?

Keyaki
February 14th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Download the Liquid Crystal Patch
Have a clean Fire Red rom - Google this
Download an IPS patcher - http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=12077 (The attached File) Works Fine
Have a Visual Boy Advance, Patch the Fire Red rom and rename it Pokemon: Liquid Crystal.gba(For easy reference), Put the Liquid Crystal and the Visual Boy Advance into a folder on their own and drag the rom over the VBA and it should start up :)

Okay, i'm sorry but i don't fully understand, I have the IPS Patcher and a clean Fire Red ROM, but the rest I'm stuck, i don't fully understand

EDIT: nvm, I got it to work another way

Zado
February 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hey, why don't you release the almost finished version earlier ? I will probably have no time to play on 1-2 months from now and I really would like to play this game

Sportsmaniac1322
February 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Enough with asking for release dates and asking for them to release it earlier. It's like a slap in the face to the developers. Let them do what they do and they'll release it when they think it's ready. Don't be greedy.

Zado
February 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I didnt really mean to be such a bad guy as you make me look. I do understand your point, but I just wanted to put mine here too, so let's just respect each other ok ? I didn't mean to offend nor bother anyone.

Thx

PokeFreakBror
February 15th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Great hack i love the graphics :) but... what's the point about the weather keep changing? Is it ment that it happens or is it a glitch? Oh yeah... Prof.Oak doesn't say anything when you see your rival in the intro. And when you battle alex for the first time he sometimes walk through a person and so does your rival in the second battle and in that battle the game freezes when he sends out his starter. And the first route theme... well it sounds like... i don't know. And i once had an egg, one fainted pokemon and my starter. Then for some reason i could battle the double team trainers in the second gym, and i sent out my fainted pokemon and my starter. This hack is gonna need some updates :P

Feraligatr master
February 15th, 2009, 03:05 AM
I have played this hack and am quite impressed, but due to the Meganium glitch at victory road i am proberly going to leave this until a new beta or something is released. Anyways good luck with this and I hope the finished product lives up to its hight expectation rate.

NightFelix
February 15th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Status
"KANTO is 98% finished. Adding in missing bits and extras"

Oh yeah! New version!

deadlyangel91792
February 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
so is ALL jhoto complete???? i wanna be sure how long ill be playing before i go to far also i LOVE the music its so awesome all the remixs sound great

yoshi12370
February 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'm stuck in Azela town because every time my rival sends his starter the game freezes...

Feraligatr master
February 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM
so is ALL jhoto complete???? i wanna be sure how long ill be playing before i go to far also i LOVE the music its so awesome all the remixs sound great

All of Johto is finished in the current beta, and it seems that all of Kanto is soon to be finished.

As said before im looking foward to the next release ^^

boomilk
February 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Great mod of the Crystal version so far. However, i really find the constantly changing weather conditions very annoying.

linkandzelda
February 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hey, just wondering. You said the release is 1-2 months sooner, so does that mean in one or two months or a bit later. Also, if I start playing on the beta 1.1, how far will it go upto? And once you release your full hack do I have to restart all my progress?

Thanks alot, your hack looks amazing!

the beta 2 will be released hopfully within the next month or 2. i suggest you restart whenever a new beta is released. its apain i know but you get the best experience.

ok i have played alot of unfinished hacks and im looking for one that is actually finished completely. when do u think u will be done with it?

done? quite a while. im aiming for completion by july/august time.

Hey, why don't you release the almost finished version earlier ? I will probably have no time to play on 1-2 months from now and I really would like to play this game

well thats not my problem. i will release it when its ready. not sooner.

Enough with asking for release dates and asking for them to release it earlier. It's like a slap in the face to the developers. Let them do what they do and they'll release it when they think it's ready. Don't be greedy.

thanks dude. i aggree.

I didnt really mean to be such a bad guy as you make me look. I do understand your point, but I just wanted to put mine here too, so let's just respect each other ok ? I didn't mean to offend nor bother anyone.

Thx

yea its np. i bet people are eger for another release.

Great hack i love the graphics :) but... what's the point about the weather keep changing? Is it ment that it happens or is it a glitch? Oh yeah... Prof.Oak doesn't say anything when you see your rival in the intro. And when you battle alex for the first time he sometimes walk through a person and so does your rival in the second battle and in that battle the game freezes when he sends out his starter. And the first route theme... well it sounds like... i don't know. And i once had an egg, one fainted pokemon and my starter. Then for some reason i could battle the double team trainers in the second gym, and i sent out my fainted pokemon and my starter. This hack is gonna need some updates :P

yea i know about that stuff. the weather changes randomly so its meant to be like that.

I have played this hack and am quite impressed, but due to the Meganium glitch at victory road i am proberly going to leave this until a new beta or something is released. Anyways good luck with this and I hope the finished product lives up to its hight expectation rate.

thanks. the freezing battles is a problem i know. it happens randomly so i dont know how to fix it :|. i need someone like Mastermind_X to take a look into it.

Status
"KANTO is 98% finished. Adding in missing bits and extras"

Oh yeah! New version!

thats right :D its 99% done now :P

thanks and yea the whole johto is complete. i put more music in today that hopfully people will love. that includes a new route 29 :P

I'm stuck in Azela town because every time my rival sends his starter the game freezes...

yes. the way to get around that is to choose totodile. thats who i chose and didnt get the error.

sound cool this game, :) hehe

xd. it is

All of Johto is finished in the current beta, and it seems that all of Kanto is soon to be finished.

As said before im looking foward to the next release ^^

great. thanks fro the suport

Great mod of the Crystal version so far. However, i really find the constantly changing weather conditions very annoying.

yea i thougth when i was making it.. you either love it or hate it. personally i love it so its gonna stay for now.

update: things are moving lightspeed on the deveopment side. there actully isnt much to do before a nice new reease of beta 2 :D im at beta 1.73 atm

link

lordtomato
February 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Excellent hack.
However, the scripting and mapping is a tiny itty bitty bit on the shabby side.

I frequently find map squares that I can cross when I shouldn't be able to, and vice versa, item balls that crash the game, and of course, the battle freezes.
Also, some small tile errors.

LaZ, the battle against you (Saffron->Cerulean) freezes the game. I chose Cyndaquil as starter if that helps.

I enjoyed playing this hack! Great work! :D

Pendragoon
February 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I don't think what starter you pick matters as to the battle crashes, I chose Totodile and it crashes at the second rival battle. (happened 3 times and I just gave up on it) so if that could get fixed, I might actually be able to enjoy this hack as it is looking really good from what little I have gotten to play so far.

linkandzelda
February 17th, 2009, 10:43 AM
im sorry to hear these battle glitches are in the way. problem is it happens randomly. whats worse is im guessing its corupt asm. me + asm = phail lol.

it does matter what starter you pick as there is 3 differnet battles for the rival. some crash and some dont.

link

monkeyboi
February 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
downloaded it yesterday and just thought i'd let you know that the kadabera in the final rival fight also freezes the game, as well as the slowbro of will (the first elite 4 member (i cheated to get psat the rival but i can't get past him to see if anything else freezes the game) i picked cyntiquil for a starter.

linkandzelda
February 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
thanks dude. i fixed both of them. if you have hacking skils guys then just make the pokemon of the freezing battles to one level 5 poke or something.

remember i said that beta 2 will be a complete remake of crystal with everything thats doable... well please ask me if this or that will be included guys. i need this because i'll forget to put something in. also i might have decided not to put something in and then i'll tell people why if i have.

thanks in advance.
link

ps. the quicker people ask the faster the beta will be released :D

lordtomato
February 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
How will evolutions for eevee to umbreon/espeon be included, if at all?

Disturbed
February 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
LaZ, when do you want the... dunno if you released this yet or not, but the "other" maps? How many more months do I have? xD
Best of luck, friend! :3

linkandzelda
February 17th, 2009, 05:36 PM
How will evolutions for eevee to umbreon/espeon be included, if at all?

moon and sun stone like suggested. i cant think of any other good way.

LaZ, when do you want the... dunno if you released this yet or not, but the "other" maps? How many more months do I have? xD
Best of luck, friend! :3

hmm. 1-2 months i would say.

link

hashtag
February 18th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Just a quick question...

Will you be putting in the battle tower by Olivine City?

deadlyangel91792
February 18th, 2009, 04:37 AM
i have a few questions what will you do about the empty square in vermillion city will you be adding something there? (im still in jhoto so sorry if you already did),how many legendarys will be available and will there be events for all of them??? if so will they have there own OW sprites,also i think itd be really cool if there was an event (like a legendary one) where you meet ash (red) misty and brock and like help them do somthing or prevent some crisis ok thats all i got sorry if this is too much i saw one of your other posts that said to put up questions so thats what i did

linkandzelda
February 18th, 2009, 04:42 AM
yes. but only with levels 10, 50 and 100. also you will be able to use items in battle too. trainers pokemon wont be randomly generated either. they will come from a set list.

link

i have a few questions what will you do about the empty square in vermillion city. will you be adding something there? (im still in jhoto so sorry if you already did)

i'm planning something for there but no idea what lol

how many legendarys will be available and will there be events for all of them??? if so will they have there own OW sprites

All the legendarys will be avalibe with OWs :D. some have events and some dont. i'm not saying which though :D

also i think itd be really cool if there was an event (like a legendary one) where you meet ash (red) misty and brock and like help them do somthing or prevent some crisis ok thats all i got sorry if this is too much i saw one of your other posts that said to put up questions so thats what i did

Well im not too sure about that. of course there is reds battle at the end...

link

Sarcastic Prince
February 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM
All the legendarys will be avalibe with OWs :D. some have events and some dont. i'm not saying which though :D

Hmm, if so, are the Legendary Pokemon's OWs MD styled?

linkandzelda
February 18th, 2009, 05:28 AM
i have a few questions what will you do about the empty square in vermillion city will you be adding something there? (im still in jhoto so sorry if you already did),how many legendarys will be available and will there be events for all of them??? if so will they have there own OW sprites,also i think itd be really cool if there was an event (like a legendary one) where you meet ash (red) misty and brock and like help them do somthing or prevent some crisis ok thats all i got sorry if this is too much i saw one of your other posts that said to put up questions so thats what i did

Hmm, if so, are the Legendary Pokemon's OWs MD styled?

nope. emerald style mostly :P

Sarcastic Prince
February 19th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Hey, Linkandzelda, are
there any updates on the Hack?

Chimchar 9
February 19th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Hey i haven't posted a while on here, so hows the hack going atm ??
Good luck !

linkandzelda
February 19th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Adding in the final touches to kanto :P. theres still a few bits to do as im thinking of new stuff all the time.

just to say if people are expecting the battle tower in this release then im sorry xd. it will be in the release after. aka beta 3. same with the bug contest :P

link

Feraligatr master
February 19th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Well i can't wait to play the next beta however i was wondering, do you have any plans to make a harder version i.e. higher level trainer pokes and wild pokemon etc. I really do think it would be quite an addition to such a great game.

LepperMessiah
February 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I am really excited to play the final version of this ^_^
Looks AMAZING!!

linkandzelda
February 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
thanks guys. i was actully thinking of an option to have a second playthrough where the trainers and events get much harder :P you'd get to keep all your pokemon and items and there would be extras too.

its just an idea but i think it sounds quite good. it wouldnt effect wild pokemon though.
if that isnt so good then i'll make an x version probably.

link

LepperMessiah
February 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
THATS A SICK IDEA!!
Making it like an x version is perfect :D (for those who don't wanna play through again).

btw, will the place where you battle Red be implented??

linkandzelda
February 19th, 2009, 02:49 PM
THATS A SICK IDEA!!
Making it like an x version is perfect :D (for those who don't wanna play through again).

btw, will the place where you battle Red be implented??

so i should have the option to play the x version? in the normal rom when you start? or you play through normal version then at the end you get asked if you want to play through it again on the x version?

i decided to leave the epic battle with red out... the most important battle in gsc............ i dont think so LOL. of course its in. i loved that battle xd.

link

LepperMessiah
February 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
so i should have the option to play the x version? in the normal rom when you start? or you play through normal version then at the end you get asked if you want to play through it again on the x version?

i decided to leave the epic battle with red out... the most important battle in gsc............ i dont think so LOL. of course its in. i loved that battle xd.

link
I'd say put the option at the end, cause people might think no at the start, then half way through the game they reconsider and spaz :)

and it is an epic battle :P

rhonie8k
February 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Wanted to say this is a great hack and i love the way it plays. As you know there are a few glitches il probly restate a few but im gona name a couple i found that caused me problems. On a side note chicorita was my starter. Its stated yoru rival on victory road frezzes you sending out his starter happend with his kadabra for me. the other idk if its been stated. Sighn in olivine freezes you the one by the ocean wher eyou will probly leave to deford. In the aqua hide out in the dragons den 2 or 3 items froze me. There was a set of stairs in the hide out as well i beleive theres a fork some where in there and if you go down the right stair case [may have been left its the one thats a dead end] you cant go back up. Great game again sorry for grammarical mistakes and reposting glitches that are likely stated already. Great game though.

linkandzelda
February 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
thanks guys and yea those bugs i knew anf are fixed.

i might put the option at the beginning andat the end :P hoes that sound?

link

rhonie8k
February 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM
that sounds like the best idea soem people will want to play though first and others will want to get beat down from the startif you can do that that should make every one happy except the people who are never happy

JeisonKen
February 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I love it, and I just started playing. This is a great hack and everyone should get it. Both yours and Zel's Pokemon ShinyGold are awesome.

(I don't know which is better though. XD)

infmaniac
February 19th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I love it, and I just started playing. This is a great hack and everyone should get it. Both yours and Zel's Pokemon ShinyGold are awesome.

(I don't know which is better though. XD)

damn right this hack is totally the best one out there. Really cant wait for beta 2. Not sure if ppl noticed this but, this is to LaZ, on the pokedex when lookin for an area of a pokemon it shows the area of kanto only. This will be a problem for the suicune entei raikou event. Be cool if u can fix this but i understand if its too difficult to do i can't see how it can be fixed tbh. Anyway good luck love the hack!

Feraligatr master
February 20th, 2009, 04:18 AM
This will be a problem for the suicune entei raikou event. Be cool if u can fix this but i understand if its too difficult to do i can't see how it can be fixed tbh.

That is also the case with Shiny gold, however im sure Link could proberly make the dogs run around kanto, that way they would proberly show up on the pokedex map, plus that would make an intresting change. If i recall correctly though, isnt Suicune captured at the tin tower in an event?

linkandzelda
February 20th, 2009, 05:39 AM
yes he is captured there. also there is no way to make the dogs run around on the dex. i already impleneted them. its just a random battle with them in the grass thats only around johto. also if you run from them then you can still catch them :D

link

Feraligatr master
February 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM
If that is the case then it surely will add more and more hours of gameplay. Anyways as said before good luck

ph34rl355
February 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
when you finish this game i will be youre unswerving loyal servant.
i LOVED crystal and always wanted a remake so im happy to see this happening. :D
good luck ;)

LepperMessiah
February 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM
i know this is late, but ya...

that's a great idea ^_^

pokecrystal451
February 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM
First of all, I love this hack and can't wait for it to be finished.

I recently restarted my game and came across a new glitch I didn't see mentioned anywhere else. I used totodile as my starter, and had it evolved, I think at level 20, after beating Falkner. I went to the pokecenter to get the egg, but after getting it, Elm's aid bounces off the door when trying to leave and the game restarts. I also can't pass because the miracle seed person won't let me through.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or could it just be a problem with the original rom i used?

linkandzelda
February 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM
thats an issue in beta 1.1 i think. you have to use 1.0 to get past there and then use 1.1

link

Feraligatr master
February 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
A question just came to me concerning the new patch (When it is released). Will it be a patch for 1.1 or will i be able to just use the 2.0 patch to start a whole new game?

linkandzelda
February 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
i'll say this once and its what people should do when a new patch is out. ALLWAYS PATCH IT TO A NEW ROM. and also start a new game. i know its a pain but it gives the most bug free experiance.

this applys for every patch thats released

link

xeladude
February 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The houses get all glitched up when I play. Is there any reason? my rom and patch is perfect :(

Silent Storm
February 21st, 2009, 04:15 AM
My only issue here is the changing weather, it seemed cool at first but now I just think its well.....unnecessary and rather annoying at times, maybe if you consider it you can have a separate version without the constant random weather changes.

That is my only nitpick so far, I still love this hack.

EJames2100
February 21st, 2009, 04:40 AM
My only issue here is the changing weather, it seemed cool at first but now I just think its well.....unnecessary and rather annoying at times, maybe if you consider it you can have a separate version without the constant random weather changes.

That is my only nitpick so far, I still love this hack.

Or have more control over it.

Maybe make it more rare for the weather to change :?

Any updates, you could show us a few screenies of Kanto or of Mt. Silver :P

linkandzelda
February 21st, 2009, 04:59 AM
hmm. i knew this weather would get on peoples nerves soon. well i will make it much more rare for it to change instead of every new map. im not getting rid of it as it plays an important event with certain things.

screenies huh? xD sure i'll upload a few in a bit.

link

Jesterns
February 21st, 2009, 05:35 AM
I cant go any where in the game... Im at the part wth Lake Of Rage and Lance isn't there, he was there the first time before the game froze and now hes not..

linkandzelda
February 21st, 2009, 06:05 AM
Heres some screenies xD:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/bc4eec2df4.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/88a09a7669.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/af50737383.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/82831b30d5.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/fe58da73c2.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/fca8e86394.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/57017bcc9f.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c18b0a57c6.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f8658986a8.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/72942903a5.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5ca6dbce04.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Hope people like them :P

On another note, mini games :D. Like zel put mini games into SG i would like some in LC. problem is i cant think of any good ideas that are able to be done. i have two ideas already that will work but i need 2-3 more. Any suggestions?

Also for every release from now im going to be useing that patching system that rijon used. UPX i think.

link

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
February 21st, 2009, 06:26 AM
Don't worry linkpluszelda I can make mini games for you..

angelas
February 21st, 2009, 07:05 AM
I have an idea from Mystery Dungeon that you might be able to use.

Could you possibly put in a "Name that Pokemon" game? Where you're given information about the Pokemon and then a selection of Pokemon to choose from. If you get about 6 correct then you get an award. You can only miss a pokemons name twice.

Mystery Dungeon does footprints but it'd be hard to put in the tiles for those XD

linkandzelda
February 21st, 2009, 07:28 AM
hmm. thats not a bad idea :D. i had a similar one where your shown 3 pokepics then you have a selection of tiles on the ground and you have to click them in the right order. if you get that right then you are shown 4 pokepics. then 5, 6 etc.

i have an idea how to implemet your idea already so i'll give it some thought xd.

link

shaqattacks
February 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Nice screen shots. Mini games sounds like a cool idea. Can't wait till the second release!

Sportsmaniac1322
February 21st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Will these mini games be released by beta 2? Also, I'm loving the new screenies! Keep it up!

linkandzelda
February 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
thanks guys. one mini game will be in beta 2 im hoping. im doing it right now.

link

Feraligatr master
February 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
The new screens are awesome, excellant work as always. Are you going to give any clues on what this minigame you are working on actually is Link?

EJames2100
February 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
How about one of those games where there is 12 Tiles/Cards and there you have to match them up, so there is 2 sets of 6 different cards, anyone know what I mean lol ?

KefkaPalazzo
February 21st, 2009, 04:29 PM
You mean like concentration?

Sportsmaniac1322
February 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
How about one of those games where there is 12 Tiles/Cards and there you have to match them up, so there is 2 sets of 6 different cards, anyone know what I mean lol ?
I'm pretty sure that was one mini game Zel put in his game, and he doesn't want to copy Zel. I really like the pokemon guessing game someone mentioned a few posts back though. If it's implemented well it could turn out to be a fun mini game!

EJames2100
February 21st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Ahh NVM then, I haven't actually played through SG :P

Nice screenies, gonna wait for Beta 2 before getting too far into this game, I'll try to think of some mini-game ideas for ya :)

YellowPen
February 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM
hey link
im not sure if you have given any thoughts of including this but,

do you remember in crystal, how certain trainers would call you and give you items, like stones, berries, nuggets, poke balls and some random information about famous people, like oak and bill

I was thinking, after you beat them, every so often they offer you something when you talk to them again. Though that might be a bit hard to script

Hope everything is going well :)

Nearsighted king of Ice
February 22nd, 2009, 02:20 AM
when the aide gives you the egg the game will turn back to the title screen

Hellcat
February 22nd, 2009, 02:25 AM
I have a problem with this hack. When I enter in Mr Pokemon's house, I have a black screen and nothing happens. I tried everything, redownload the rom and repatch it, tried beta 1.0 or beta 1.1, change emulator, etc...it's always the same. I used the run through wall action replay code to go on but I can't reach Ecruteak City, path is bloked with trees. Maybe the two problems are linked (link, haha..).

Oh, and my Cyndaquil can't evolve too, each level it begins to evolve but it stops and I have the "...... ?" like I pushed the "cancel" button but I don't do a thing. Didn't try with other pokemons.

Any help is welcome.

Beside this, this hack is freaking amazing, the most amazing is the musics, just the Road 29 one is a bit...psychedelic I think, sounds weird, and nothing to do with this but the Falkner's overwrite sprite is Koga's one, not the one in the screenshots.

Sarcastic Prince
February 22nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
In the Power Plant pic, I don't think the Power Plant looks like a Power Plant to me. Why, you ask?

'Cause there are Cages all over the place. Wouldn't it be better if there
are machines instead?

linkandzelda
February 22nd, 2009, 05:28 AM
yea. im gonna do a huge gsc tile revamp soon for the indoors.

as for the bugs and ideas i like it. lol.

link

Hellcat
February 22nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Wow...great help, I'm stupefied...

linkandzelda
February 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
The new screens are awesome, excellant work as always. Are you going to give any clues on what this minigame you are working on actually is Link?

yes i am. there will be a video when its uploaded xD

I'm pretty sure that was one mini game Zel put in his game, and he doesn't want to copy Zel. I really like the pokemon guessing game someone mentioned a few posts back though. If it's implemented well it could turn out to be a fun mini game!

as said it was in SG. so im not gonna do it. great idea though :P

Ahh NVM then, I haven't actually played through SG :P

Nice screenies, gonna wait for Beta 2 before getting too far into this game, I'll try to think of some mini-game ideas for ya :)

thanks.

hey link
im not sure if you have given any thoughts of including this but,

do you remember in crystal, how certain trainers would call you and give you items, like stones, berries, nuggets, poke balls and some random information about famous people, like oak and bill

I was thinking, after you beat them, every so often they offer you something when you talk to them again. Though that might be a bit hard to script

Hope everything is going well :)

thats not too bad of an idea actully. it would be easy to script too.

I have a problem with this hack. When I enter in Mr Pokemon's house, I have a black screen and nothing happens. I tried everything, redownload the rom and repatch it, tried beta 1.0 or beta 1.1, change emulator, etc...it's always the same. I used the run through wall action replay code to go on but I can't reach Ecruteak City, path is bloked with trees. Maybe the two problems are linked (link, haha..).

Oh, and my Cyndaquil can't evolve too, each level it begins to evolve but it stops and I have the "...... ?" like I pushed the "cancel" button but I don't do a thing. Didn't try with other pokemons.

Any help is welcome.

Beside this, this hack is freaking amazing, the most amazing is the musics, just the Road 29 one is a bit...psychedelic I think, sounds weird, and nothing to do with this but the Falkner's overwrite sprite is Koga's one, not the one in the screenshots.

well i dont get those errors and dont think other people got them either. my only suggestion is download another FR rom from soemwhere else as its probably a bad rom.

thanks also.

when the aide gives you the egg the game will turn back to the title screen

thats a reported bug alreay. patch with 1.0 then get the egg and patch to 1.1 (how many times will i have to say that...)

In the Power Plant pic, I don't think the Power Plant looks like a Power Plant to me. Why, you ask?

'Cause there are Cages all over the place. Wouldn't it be better if there
are machines instead?

yes. as stated a indoor revamp will be done for tiles like this.

Wow...great help, I'm stupefied...

sorry. i couldnt post a real reply early.

update: the mini game is complete and a vid is being uploaded now. i'll explain a bit about it. its a mini game where you are given a shovel and can dig inside this cave for tms. you have a certain number of digs before the shovel breaks and its game over. it costs 2000 or 1000 (confused? just wait and see xD). all the tms are avalbe and so are a few items.

vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XODFGtENxko
theres a clue to the location in the vid :P

this kind of renders buying tms in the shops irelavant but whatever i guess. perhaps it shouldnt be tms but just rare ites that you cant buy. any suggestions?

link

LepperMessiah
February 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
That mini-game is awesome!!
very convinient for getting tms :D

EJames2100
February 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
How about some Mini-Games of Blackjack/21, could be a person in centres and somewhere there could be a tournament with it :P

Have you ever seen one of those whack the pop-up things.
You have a small plastic Hammer/Mallet thing and things pop up and you whack them ?

That's all for now lol

Maybe have 10Tm's, 10 Items, and stuff like that, so it's on a loop sort of thing, make certain items rare, some only obtainable once and etc... :)

LepperMessiah
February 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
lol im addicted to black jack :)

monkeyboi
February 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
the mini game looks sweet just one question.

if you say yes to him the first time would have to pay 2000 cash everytime?

linkandzelda
February 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
thans for the comments guys. the blackjack idea i like but the whacking game was also an idea. but it probably wont be possible. the blackjack game is like a really good idea though. ill investigate it xd.

about the cash. im not saying. you will have to find out :P

link

EJames2100
February 22nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah I love BlackJack myself, play with a PokéDeck, or maybe make certain decks available through the game, sell them in marts, have them as rewards, could go quite far with that one :)

Yeah, the whacking game would work better if it was on a ds game :?

LepperMessiah
February 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
different decks would be pretty sweet, sounds like it would be hard to implement though.

poddish
February 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I have another glitch involving missingno. If you fish with a good rod in route 26, you find a lv.1 missingno, and if you catch it with a masterball, it goes to rattata's pokedex data.

Also, if you use the "pokegear" near the trainer at the northern end of route 26, she will jump like she's going to rebattle you, but will just say what she says after you beat her, and won't battle you.

the fisherman on the docks on route 26 (or maybe 27...) doesn't count as a trainer if you use the "pokegear" at all

Feraligatr master
February 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
I just thaught i'd explain my knowlage on a problem someone else had ^^

The apparant cyndaquil not evolving glitch occours in every firered game. Your pokemon will not evolve until you get the pokedex, and since in this hack you get the pokedex at Mr.Pokemon's house you will be unable to evolve your starter until you complete that event.

linkandzelda
February 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
yes thats true. the vs seeker is unable to be made better. some work and some dont its jsut the way it is.

im really liking this black jack idea but playing with different decks would be impossible. if it was in i would have the player drew random cards from the deck. you wont see the deck. you just see the card. i.e: [player] drew a 6 of CLUBS. hmm. this could be good.

link

LepperMessiah
February 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
still sounds good :D
blackjack is blackjack :D

Magnius
February 22nd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Kanto Gym Battle Remix is almost done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHOcF1u83k

Pokémon Trainer Kenta
February 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
By far the greatest thing I've played. Even better than the original Crystal, and I'm only at the point of Goldenrod. (Just got the Plain Badge) and am loving it extremely! I also have a question and apologise if it's been answered. Who is "Zane?" He seems pretty cool and I'm assuming he's your own custom character. But, does he have any back-story or anything? Just like to get some insight. :)

shaqattacks
February 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
That's good Magnius. I can help with the looping because I'm pretty good at it now. Just an offer.

Sportsmaniac1322
February 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
That new minigame looks really sweet, and I'm drooling at the thought of blackjack! I have a few questions though. Is the TM minigame randomized? Also, will you tell us where the minigame's at, or is that for us to find out?

Also, I think you should put some rare items in there that would be a low find rate, like rare candy or nugget. You could even go as far as putting in another Masterball with an extremely low find rate. Just a thought...

Almost
February 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
so does this mean there isnt all 16 badges if theres only 5 cities?

EJames2100
February 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I was just thinking of different decks in styles, such as play with a Thunder Deck, a Fire Deck and etc... but ah well

Everyone loves BlackJack and everyone knows how to play it also, I know I'd play it for quite a bit lol :)

linkandzelda
February 23rd, 2009, 04:40 AM
Kanto Gym Battle Remix is almost done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHOcF1u83k

great work magnius. keep it up.

By far the greatest thing I've played. Even better than the original Crystal, and I'm only at the point of Goldenrod. (Just got the Plain Badge) and am loving it extremely! I also have a question and apologise if it's been answered. Who is "Zane?" He seems pretty cool and I'm assuming he's your own custom character. But, does he have any back-story or anything? Just like to get some insight. :)

zane is a chacater i added yes. he has no backstory atm.

That's good Magnius. I can help with the looping because I'm pretty good at it now. Just an offer.

that would be good.

That new minigame looks really sweet, and I'm drooling at the thought of blackjack! I have a few questions though. Is the TM minigame randomized? Also, will you tell us where the minigame's at, or is that for us to find out?

Also, I think you should put some rare items in there that would be a low find rate, like rare candy or nugget. You could even go as far as putting in another Masterball with an extremely low find rate. Just a thought...

well theres a clue in the video to where it is. in the beggining xD. it is random how you get the items. its 50% tm, 40% nothing and 10% statbooster.

so does this mean there isnt all 16 badges if theres only 5 cities?

no. in the latest beta there is only 5 badges avalible. in the new beta thats gonne be released will have all the badges. all 16 :P

I was just thinking of different decks in styles, such as play with a Thunder Deck, a Fire Deck and etc... but ah well

Everyone loves BlackJack and everyone knows how to play it also, I know I'd play it for quite a bit lol :)

i would play it for ages myself too. xd. i wonder what the prizes could be.

updates: nothing much. just working on the todo list xD

link

CyberCyndaquil
February 23rd, 2009, 05:15 AM
excellent work, especially the music, the pokemon sprites, the map, everything!!

sab
February 23rd, 2009, 05:29 AM
Wow! This is excellent! This game has the potential to be the best remake ever!

Zado
February 23rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
WoW, you are really active link.
I'd like to know if there are any news about the X mode ( or and X version ).
Awesome job man =)

linkandzelda
February 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
thanks guys. there is some news. ive scrapped the idea of a second playthrough for now. the new mode will be called challenge mode. its the equlvilant to SGs x version. you get to choose at the beggining.

edit: just to say that this challenge mode is a HUGE lot of work. ive started it already but it really is alot of work. i have to go over practilly everything and change it.

edit2: there wont be anything really extra from playing the challenge mode. just higher leveled trainer battles. the wild pokemon battles wont be affected. is it really worth doing it?

edit3: ok. ive offically given up on that idea for now lol. maybe i'll resume it fro beta 3 but definitly not for beta 2.

link

lankan_warrior4
February 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hey this is a great hack. I'm holding off on playing it until beta 2 comes out (because it looks amazing!) and I was wondering a couple of things. How do pokemon evolve that would traditonally involve a trade (ex.Abra and Onix) Lastly, do you think its possible to add a short sidequest involving Mewtwo. Like once you beat the Kanto Elite 4, you could receive an invitation that takes you to a random island where you battle against top trainers. The winner of those events get to battle Mewtwo? (something similar to the first movie.)

Pokémon Trainer Kenta
February 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry if this has been stated before, but I somehow lost the Plain Badge. I realised this right at the point of needing to use strength in Cianwood that it had been gone. Not even on my Trainer Card. And yes, I did make sure Whitney gave it to me after crying. It just dissapeared somehow. Help would be apprciated on this.

EDIT: Is there suppose to be a Ralts that can show up in route 30?

angelas
February 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
EDIT: Is there suppose to be a Ralts that can show up in route 30?

I caught one so yes there should be one there.
It just takes a while to find it.

<-- got lucky big time.

Pokémon Trainer Kenta
February 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Alright I found out what the problem is. I restarted the game and just beat Whitney. Instead of giving you the Plain Badge, she gives you Morty's Fog badge. I don't know why or how, but I at least found out the problem. I now know that you eventually get it anyways.

Also, in addition to the Ralts on route 30, I found a Swablu. Odd to see Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto region. :mudkip;):

EDIT: I have really good sprites of Johto Gym Leaders that you can use (You know, better quality than the original GSC versions.) Not all are mine.

Sportsmaniac1322
February 23rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
I don't think that Challenge Mode is worth it if it'll be that much work. When I played ShinyGold I used the real version because in my opinion that version is hard enough. It would be cool if you could put the 2 versions on the same ROM though.

Also, for the 1st minigame, how about you make the odds 50% TM, 40% nothing, 9% statbooster, and 1% really rare item? You could even go down to 0.001% chance for Masterball. Of course these numbers are just estimates, but you get the idea!

Andydark
February 26th, 2009, 10:18 AM
The Hoenn Pokemon are intentional.

I've seen...

Nosepass
Poochyena
Swablu
Wurmple
Surskit...

rjgbadger
February 26th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I've seen...

Nosepass
Poochyena
Swablu
Wurmple
Surskit...

I've also seen ralts . And a Gulpin, Cascoon/Silcoon, and maybe a Jirachi if I'm not mistaken.

Pokémon Trainer Kenta
February 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I've also seen ralts . And a Gulpin, Cascoon/Silcoon, and maybe a Jirachi if I'm not mistaken.

Jirachi is found in Dark Cave. Take the entrance by BlackThorn City and go down and use rock smash. Go up the waterfall and thru the huge rock maze to find it.

Sarcastic Prince
February 27th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Jirachi is found in Dark Cave. Take the entrance by BlackThorn City and go down and use rock smash. Go up the waterfall and thru the huge rock maze to find it.

Is it randomly found or found by event?

Pokémon Trainer Kenta
February 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Is it randomly found or found by event?

Well, it's just in a spot like Lugia, Ho-oh, etc. and as far as I know, nothing triggers its appearance.

enViable
February 28th, 2009, 02:19 AM
what kind of differences does it have to shiny gold, just asking as I've just completed shiny and cba to play it again just yet lol :p

zel 2.0
February 28th, 2009, 03:20 AM
So, you are planning to make an X version, link. I wonder what kind of differences it'll have since you say there's so much work involved ('cuz in my case it's just one or two days of editing trainers' lineups :P), I think it may have been better to have both modes in the same game (the hard mode enabled after finishing the game normally first), it would have been a change from what we already know, but meh, as you want :)

Jesterns
March 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
I like this hack but Im stuck at lake of rage and Lance isnt there

LoganZezima
March 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM
Just so you know, when you first battle your rival, he says "I,ll show you..." instead of "I'll show you..."

EDIT: And for me, when the Assistant gives me the egg, he goes to the door, turns around, goes towards me, and jumps... Then the game restarts...

EDIT 2: NVM, I switched back to the original version, and it was fine... Just something to fix before the final...

Hellcat
March 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
BTW, do you have permission for using Coronis sprites ?

BurstX
March 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Alright I found out what the problem is. I restarted the game and just beat Whitney. Instead of giving you the Plain Badge, she gives you Morty's Fog badge. I don't know why or how, but I at least found out the problem. I now know that you eventually get it anyways.

Also, in addition to the Ralts on route 30, I found a Swablu. Odd to see Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto region. :mudkip;):

EDIT: I have really good sprites of Johto Gym Leaders that you can use (You know, better quality than the original GSC versions.) I made some, but not all. I did make Seth and Seth Overworld, Chuck, Falkner, Eusine, and Kaz.

well now this is not cool, you have stolen 2 of my sprites and claimed as you own, you have also claimed to make falkner which i know for a fact is made by pixelchu (her name may have changed i dont really know) on pokecharms, and the eusine is from the pokecharms traniercard maker. everything but chuck is also from said card maker.

Pokémon Trainer Kenta
March 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
well now this is not cool, you have stolen 2 of my sprites and claimed as you own, you have also claimed to make falkner which i know for a fact is made by pixelchu (her name may have changed i dont really know) on pokecharms, and the eusine is from the pokecharms traniercard maker. everything but chuck is also from said card maker.

Sorry, huge missunerstanding. I meant to say found instead of made. Gah, I'm an idiot some times. Sorry, really. I'll make the change right away.

Shattermind
March 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM
enjoying the bet so far. keep up the good work.

dargon133
March 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
As with Zel I hope to see if you made some alterations to evolutions by trade. For example, what do i do to get a kingdra if I have a Seadra, or How would I evolve an Onyx to a Steelix. If this isnt too much to ask, is there a list of evolutions that someone can post?

PokemonBroski
March 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Whats he difference between the normal BETA's and the mirrors?
please answer

angelas
March 3rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Whats he difference between the normal BETA's and the mirrors?
please answer

The mirrors are just there just in case one of the regular links go down if I'm not mistaken..

dargon133
March 3rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
I am having a Major Glitch with the TM case as well, the rom crashes as soon as I open it, this means I cannot use HM's! is there a way to fix this?

Seb*s
March 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Really good hack. But where can i find a Elekid or an Electabuzz before get to kanto?
Oh and i keep on running into sandlashes raging from 35 to 86 near olivine.

Cortes
March 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM
This hack is pretty fun as I've just started it. However talk of all these glitches is worrisome. Not that I would know how to fix them or anything so I still offer much kudos to the hack creator.

dirk123
March 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I hope that the Giovanni = Silver's father (from the manga) is at least hinted or mentioned in this game. It doesn't have to be an event or something, just a mention by one of the townfolk (perhaps in Viridian City or something).

rafaljt
March 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Hello
You and Zel both have great idea but theres somthing that isn't well done
Will there be possibility to get evolutionary stones by phone? If not i suggest to add some of them in johto before beatin elite 4. I'd like to beat them using Victribeel or Arcanine.
And btw. are pokemons that evolve by trading going to evolve by lvl up o gems?

btw. Good job man:D

Cortes
March 5th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Where does one go to trade shards?

linkandzelda
March 7th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hey this is a great hack. I'm holding off on playing it until beta 2 comes out (because it looks amazing!) and I was wondering a couple of things. How do pokemon evolve that would traditonally involve a trade (ex.Abra and Onix) Lastly, do you think its possible to add a short sidequest involving Mewtwo. Like once you beat the Kanto Elite 4, you could receive an invitation that takes you to a random island where you battle against top trainers. The winner of those events get to battle Mewtwo? (something similar to the first movie.)

well the evolutions of trade pokemon are mostly by levels. theres a few items to use too but nothing to special.

I caught one so yes there should be one there.
It just takes a while to find it.

<-- got lucky big time.

xd. you sure did. i couldnt find one after loads of tries...

EDIT: I have really good sprites of Johto Gym Leaders that you can use (You know, better quality than the original GSC versions.) Not all are mine.

hmm. are you sure she actully gives the fog badge? becuase they apper on the trainer crdf in a different order im afraid :P

I don't think that Challenge Mode is worth it if it'll be that much work. When I played ShinyGold I used the real version because in my opinion that version is hard enough. It would be cool if you could put the 2 versions on the same ROM though.

Also, for the 1st minigame, how about you make the odds 50% TM, 40% nothing, 9% statbooster, and 1% really rare item? You could even go down to 0.001% chance for Masterball. Of course these numbers are just estimates, but you get the idea!

yea thts an idea i supose. im not say the percentages atm for the game. as its meant to be for just tms.

what kind of differences does it have to shiny gold, just asking as I've just completed shiny and cba to play it again just yet lol :p

well it has quite a few differneces. of course its the same gsc storyline with extras on top :P

So, you are planning to make an X version, link. I wonder what kind of differences it'll have since you say there's so much work involved ('cuz in my case it's just one or two days of editing trainers' lineups :P), I think it may have been better to have both modes in the same game (the hard mode enabled after finishing the game normally first), it would have been a change from what we already know, but meh, as you want :)

yes im planning to lol. but it might have to be 2 versions like SG. i cant edit the wild pokemon in the normal rom easily so it would make sense to have an x version. which will most likley be created after the final release of the normal version. :P

I like this hack but Im stuck at lake of rage and Lance isnt there

yea its a bug. sorry. it will be fixed in beta 2.

Just so you know, when you first battle your rival, he says "I,ll show you..." instead of "I'll show you..."

EDIT: And for me, when the Assistant gives me the egg, he goes to the door, turns around, goes towards me, and jumps... Then the game restarts...

EDIT 2: NVM, I switched back to the original version, and it was fine... Just something to fix before the final...

yea. its been fixed already xd.

BTW, do you have permission for using Coronis sprites ?

coronis sprites i cant remember which ones they are lol. i think i have permission. well zeikku got most of the sprites so... i hope so...

enjoying the bet so far. keep up the good work.

thanks.

As with Zel I hope to see if you made some alterations to evolutions by trade. For example, what do i do to get a kingdra if I have a Seadra, or How would I evolve an Onyx to a Steelix. If this isnt too much to ask, is there a list of evolutions that someone can post?

someone could post a list but they are going to change in beta 2 anyway and i dont know what to lol.

I am having a Major Glitch with the TM case as well, the rom crashes as soon as I open it, this means I cannot use HM's! is there a way to fix this?

Really good hack. But where can i find a Elekid or an Electabuzz before get to kanto?
Oh and i keep on running into sandlashes raging from 35 to 86 near olivine.

hmm. i cant remember where electabuzz is or how to get a elekid. the odd egg has a random chance of getting one of the baby pokemon too.

This hack is pretty fun as I've just started it. However talk of all these glitches is worrisome. Not that I would know how to fix them or anything so I still offer much kudos to the hack creator.

thanks. im hopeing for the beta 2 to be glitch free. (to a certain extent)

I hope that the Giovanni = Silver's father (from the manga) is at least hinted or mentioned in this game. It doesn't have to be an event or something, just a mention by one of the townfolk (perhaps in Viridian City or something).

well he was orginaly but ive changed the story line a bit and he isnt inlcuded or mentioned atm.

Hello
You and Zel both have great idea but theres somthing that isn't well done
Will there be possibility to get evolutionary stones by phone? If not i suggest to add some of them in johto before beatin elite 4. I'd like to beat them using Victribeel or Arcanine.
And btw. are pokemons that evolve by trading going to evolve by lvl up o gems?

btw. Good job man:D

well the phone im not planning to put in as i cant think of a better way to implement it xd. im not a fan of the booth idea and also the mem1, mem2 etc. i want the trainers names to show there. there is a way but i need to research it first.

Where does one go to trade shards?

the shards as in red shard, gree shard etc? well i hvent added that in yet. i might of made a shard availble but nothing can be done with it rofl.

update: ive been busy these last 2 weeks and actully havent hacked at all :|. im trying to make time to hack but its difficult with college and stuff.

there isnt very much stuff left to do for the beta apart from the graphical work and a few aditions. the biggest thing is probably beta testing :P. stay tuned for some more updates hopefully.

link

Baby Cynda
March 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Can anyone give me a list of the Hoen pokemon please and this is one great hack

Cortes
March 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I have some suggestions. I personally love the random weather. However, it's kind of crazy and unnatural to switch from snowstorm to rain to sandstorm (what) in the same area in a matter of moments, lol. Also I don't understand what the weird falling black spots are.

Is there a way to keep the different weather to more appropriate locations? Switch it up a little and not have it all at once, I mean.

Also, while it was cool that there is an elemental stone salesman in the Kimono Girls house in Ecruteak, I think he should be removed. It just seems too easy. Perhaps you could have different salesmen that only sell you one stone in a number of different places (like the guy in Ecruteak will only give you one type of stone, then a guy hidden in say, the Rocket hideout in Mahogany give you a different one, etc).

Again, excellent hack; it's a lot of fun. 8-)

Pokepal17
March 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
hmm Cortes seems right. It's good to have a chellenge :P

Anyway I just wanted to ask, could you raise Ralts' encounter rate. It's too low because even you cannot find one.

lordtomato
March 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh yea, the weather occasionally inverts colors. hehe.

snowwhitequeen
March 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM
i have a question...why does lapras never come out?

Liquid Shadow
March 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM

It's a bug. That's why they're called *betas* because they're never going to be perfect.

poddish
March 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
in beta 1 you can get a lot of free potions from elm's aid, if you leave newbark town, come back, talk to elm, then walk down near the right bookshelf. It doesn't work every time, but sometimes if you walk down the middle you get 5 free pokeballs.

Elm doesn't give you a everstone if you show him the togepi. I don't use the everstone anyway, I just sell them for a few $

there are many places where someone says"i" instead of "I"

some trainers have stronger or weaker pokemon then they should for that point in the game ie. zuiku has weak pokemon, and so do the gym trainers. Many trainer's pokemon also have strange movesets

you can walk on walls in some places

here is a big one:
go to blackthorn with a pkemon with teleport.
go in the pokecenter to where you talk to the nurse note: you don't have to heal
go back outside.
use teleport.
you end up in route 41 on one of the whirl islands

the game also has a few other teleport mistakes:
newbark town to olivine
olivine to cinnawood
cinnawood to olivine
note: I didn't try out kanto because I figured that you used the original maps as bases for the same place in the same city.

if you go back through dragon's den, where regirock was, there is a latios and if you catch it, it doesn't go away. Also everytime I went into that room, axel just stood around and froze the game when I talked to him, and when I walked up to the aqua grunts (the first time I went into the regirock room) my character walks up a few steps and axel (out of nowhere) said something, then I walk up again from where I am now, get moved up by a script again and axel (out of nowhere) said something, walk up a few more steps and Giovanni battled me like normal.

If you want to get rid of the teleport problem, try taking the move off of the move list for every pkmn with the move, or try editing the move itself so it only works in-battle.

Now here's a few questions:

where is the dive hm?

Are you going to edit the order of the pokedex to make it more like g/s (meaning the original g/s order, with wynaut and azuril in front of there evolved forms, followed by the 3rd gen pokemon, followed by the fakemon you said you'd include in one of the 1st few pages in this thread)

Are you going to add even more out-of-battle movesthat require a badge, like possibly making a cave that requires sunnyday, raindance, and 2 badges, and has certain spots you can use the moves to change the weather in the cave (ie: sunny: valleys and mountains, and rainy: flooded and only the tops of the mountains are visible above the water.)

Are you going to overwrite the one glitch ability (cacophony) to make it unique, instead of just another "soundproof"

dargon133
March 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
WHen does Seadra evolve into kingdra or how does it evolve?

Ash987
March 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Will you make this into a DS hack when it becomes more common? It could have some mad features.

Feraligatr master
March 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
To make this a DS compatible hack would require a very large amount of codeing, Plus it would mean it would be a completly new hack in general as Link would need to edit Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Even if he did that however i think it would still take a while due to the 4th gen games only been capable of been modified so much.

Katana3
March 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM
sumone needs to put up a list on when certain pokemon evolve... like onix... also i thot that this game was 98% finished... if thats true then how can the game only go up to 5 towns in kanto???
(i only read the liquid crystal page.. im playing and im almost at lake of rage so i havnt finished it to the point where it stops)

also to the link guy
when yur in cianwood.. you can end up walking on tiles in the upper left where suicune is.. also if yu go to the far left while doing this then yur game freezes... and also thers noo way to get out of that jam unless yu use surf while yur standing on a rock thats in the water..

(i really hate it when people make these great games but then errors like these pop up,,, its great to play the game but i hate the glitches.. i guess no game hack can ever be a perfect hack which really sux but i guess it still is fun to play)

pokestewart
March 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Quick question at the very end can you fight RED.

linkandzelda
March 10th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Can anyone give me a list of the Hoen pokemon please and this is one great hack

check back a huge posts and you will see some of the pokemon listed. im not going to list them as 1. i want people to find them and 2. i cant remember what ones i put in LOL.

I have some suggestions. I personally love the random weather. However, it's kind of crazy and unnatural to switch from snowstorm to rain to sandstorm (what) in the same area in a matter of moments, lol. Also I don't understand what the weird falling black spots are.

Is there a way to keep the different weather to more appropriate locations? Switch it up a little and not have it all at once, I mean.

Also, while it was cool that there is an elemental stone salesman in the Kimono Girls house in Ecruteak, I think he should be removed. It just seems too easy. Perhaps you could have different salesmen that only sell you one stone in a number of different places (like the guy in Ecruteak will only give you one type of stone, then a guy hidden in say, the Rocket hideout in Mahogany give you a different one, etc).

Again, excellent hack; it's a lot of fun. 8-)

i have im prooved the weather a little bit by making it less random and making it keep the same weather. the palletes of the weatehr are affected when switching maps. thats why its cocainally discoloured eg the black snow, mud storm and blizard rain (i like those names :P) i cant do much about it tbh but i think its ok to keep it :P.

about the stone salemen. it does seem a bit easy having them buyable all from one place. in the next beta (2) there will ber a salemen for each stone hidden in certain places.

hmm Cortes seems right. It's good to have a chellenge :P

Anyway I just wanted to ask, could you raise Ralts' encounter rate. It's too low because even you cannot find one.

sure. i aggree. although its meant to be a challenge as hoen pokes arnt meant to be in johto :P

that is a bug in the 1.0. its fixed in 1.1 but it has more errors than 1.0 :|

It's a bug. That's why they're called *betas* because they're never going to be perfect.

thats too true im afraid. after all guys this is still on the first beta. there will be bugs for certain. even in beta 2.

I'm going to answer each part of the following post. my answeres in the quote with LaZ:

in beta 1 you can get a lot of free potions from elm's aid, if you leave newbark town, come back, talk to elm, then walk down near the right bookshelf. It doesn't work every time, but sometimes if you walk down the middle you get 5 free pokeballs.

LaZ: thats the infinate potion glitch. im in theprocess of fixing it lol. thats what happens if you change flags to something else.

Elm doesn't give you a everstone if you show him the togepi. I don't use the everstone anyway, I just sell them for a few $

LaZ: hmm. well he did for me. well i'll find out when i beta test soon.

there are many places where someone says"i" instead of "I"

LaZ: yea. my dyslexic habbits...

some trainers have stronger or weaker pokemon then they should for that point in the game ie. zuiku has weak pokemon, and so do the gym trainers. Many trainer's pokemon also have strange movesets

LaZ: zuiku is meant to be zeikku? if so then yea his pokes where slightly messed up i think. about the trainers. i raised the levels by 2 from the orginal but i missed a few out. the movesets have mostly been fixed :P

you can walk on walls in some places

LaZ: movement permission. easy to fix and most have been.

here is a big one:
go to blackthorn with a pkemon with teleport.
go in the pokecenter to where you talk to the nurse note: you don't have to heal
go back outside.
use teleport.
you end up in route 41 on one of the whirl islands

LaZ: that is an issue i cant fix. its a flying position and healing place error. as i think blackthorn has a fake pokecenter. its a shame and i didnt really know about it but hmm. i have an idea to fix it but it will make it not posible to fly to blackthorn so im gonna have to leave it for now. i'll research it bit though.

the game also has a few other teleport mistakes:
newbark town to olivine
olivine to cinnawood
cinnawood to olivine
note: I didn't try out kanto because I figured that you used the original maps as bases for the same place in the same city.

LaZ: could you explain these ones a bit better? if there is more than 1 or 2 then i might have to do something...

if you go back through dragon's den, where regirock was, there is a latios and if you catch it, it doesn't go away. Also everytime I went into that room, axel just stood around and froze the game when I talked to him, and when I walked up to the aqua grunts (the first time I went into the regirock room) my character walks up a few steps and axel (out of nowhere) said something, then I walk up again from where I am now, get moved up by a script again and axel (out of nowhere) said something, walk up a few more steps and Giovanni battled me like normal.

LaZ: please in future put info like this in a spoiler. it dosnt matter anyway as that is completly different now in beta 2.

If you want to get rid of the teleport problem, try taking the move off of the move list for every pkmn with the move, or try editing the move itself so it only works in-battle.

LaZ: that is an option but a cheap one. might be possible though. i'l look into it :P

Now here's a few questions:

where is the dive hm?

LaZ: in the current beta 1.x you get it from the guy in route 35 house after playin ghis game. in beta 2 you get it a different way.

Are you going to edit the order of the pokedex to make it more like g/s (meaning the original g/s order, with wynaut and azuril in front of there evolved forms, followed by the 3rd gen pokemon, followed by the fakemon you said you'd include in one of the 1st few pages in this thread)

LaZ: i havent actully thought about that. ive never edited the pokedex before either.

Are you going to add even more out-of-battle movesthat require a badge, like possibly making a cave that requires sunnyday, raindance, and 2 badges, and has certain spots you can use the moves to change the weather in the cave (ie: sunny: valleys and mountains, and rainy: flooded and only the tops of the mountains are visible above the water.)

LaZ: anything that changes the weather will inturupt the system of random weather. i orginally had similar ideas to this but scrapped them :P.

Are you going to overwrite the one glitch ability (cacophony) to make it unique, instead of just another "soundproof"

LaZ: im not sure what that is. explain more LOL

WHen does Seadra evolve into kingdra or how does it evolve?

i cant remember lol. i think its by level. keep levelin git for now.

Will you make this into a DS hack when it becomes more common? It could have some mad features.

that wont be possible as the post below awnsers this:

To make this a DS compatible hack would require a very large amount of codeing, Plus it would mean it would be a completly new hack in general as Link would need to edit Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Even if he did that however i think it would still take a while due to the 4th gen games only been capable of been modified so much.

theres still oportunities though...

sumone needs to put up a list on when certain pokemon evolve... like onix... also i thot that this game was 98% finished... if thats true then how can the game only go up to 5 towns in kanto???
(i only read the liquid crystal page.. im playing and im almost at lake of rage so i havnt finished it to the point where it stops)

also to the link guy
when yur in cianwood.. you can end up walking on tiles in the upper left where suicune is.. also if yu go to the far left while doing this then yur game freezes... and also thers noo way to get out of that jam unless yu use surf while yur standing on a rock thats in the water..

(i really hate it when people make these great games but then errors like these pop up,,, its great to play the game but i hate the glitches.. i guess no game hack can ever be a perfect hack which really sux but i guess it still is fun to play)

the beta 2 was 98% finished. its now 99.3% finished. the beta 2 will be close to a complete remake. just a few sidequests left out.

the cianwood thisng i fixed so its ok :P

Quick question at the very end can you fight RED.

this question has been anserwd already. its yes.

update: well i've been busy the last weeks and havent hacked as i stated before. but im back on track now and should havea beta ready to test in the next 2-3 weeks.

the things left on my todo list are half things i can do on my own and half thigs im waiting ofr other people to do eg graphics from zeikku...

here is what beta 2 will be: it will be complete up to reds battle. hopfully bug free as much as possible. im still thinking this isnt enough to release another beta compared to the first ones... this means i might have a few ideas pop up and i'll add them in. we'll see. stay tuned.

link

crumpton
March 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM
OK, this is weird, I've tried all 3 downloads to workin Fire Red roms, but the game glitches up at the beginning Oak part. What up wit dat?

Pokepal17
March 12th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hey LaZ I can't remember, have you added Entei and Raikou's event yet?

Yep you have. But regarding that:

You wasted a lot of sapce in their scripts by giving the same bit's new offsets. Why not repoint them all to the same offset so you have one bit of script which says:

release
end

Instead of having loads of different offsets with that little chunk.

Still it's a very good script :P

Also

lol @exploding magikarps :laugh:

Arceus8888
March 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
lol hey im a player of pokemon shiny gold X (Zel says its harder but my cyndaquill just lved up like CRAZY) and this game at 1st (while i was at the burnt tower (ur game of course)) i thought "This is nothing like crystal"till i beat my rival (i used walk through walls and caught suicune b4 wakeing the legendary dogs up

Zeikku™
March 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
lol hey im a player of pokemon shiny gold X (Zel says its harder but my cyndaquill just lved up like CRAZY) and this game at 1st (while i was at the burnt tower (ur game of course)) i thought "This is nothing like crystal"till i beat my rival (i used walk through walls and caught suicune b4 wakeing the legendary dogs up

Well crystal was like G/S, just with extras and animations. I think it's similar to the original...
also, why play a hack if your gonna cheat?...no point, if i sound aggressive i'm sorry..my personal life sucks.

but LaZ change my magikarp line-up lol..
I want decent pokes :)

Arceus8888
March 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
well first of all i just wanted to explore it real quick.2nd, i was haveing a very hard time on it so i did that to get a few lv 20-25 pokemon

Arceus8888
March 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
um hey there is a problem with zane's sprite look

jAvAcOlA
March 12th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Is it possible to make the trade-evolvers evolve with an item? Them evolving by level just gives it this really...fake feel. It's one of the things I hated in SG. For example, holding an item called Twised Spoon could evolve Kadabra. I mean I would prefer keeping them normal and having them evolve by trade...but this would be the next best solution IMO.

Arceus8888
March 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM
OGM U HAVE MADE 1 GUY REALLY ANNOYING CAUSE HE IS UNBEATABLE WITH THIS LOOK!

ummm dude this is just wrong look

also lol lucky for u guy who finds sandslashes at lv 36-86 i find them at lv 0!!!

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch
March 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I haven't played this yet, but I wanted to say something anyway.
Crystal was my favorite GSC game (and 3rd and 4th gens are just ripoffs with cool features), so this game will probably entrance me more than Shiny Gold did. And I thought Shiny Gold was really cool.

So, I really, really, really hope this game gets finished; I was pretty disappointed when Crystal Shards went kaput.

(Shiny Gold is still cool, but.. *does sparkly eyes at nearly-finished Crystal remake*)

Pokepal17
March 14th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Hey LaZ, here's a banner I made to show my support ;)

[/URL]
[URL=http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liquidcrystal.png]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7131/liquidcrystal.png (http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liquidcrystal.png)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7131/liquidcrystal.png (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liquidcrystal.png)

Ahasverus
March 14th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Heyh!, sorry about my abscense, but the University is killing my time, I just wantesd to say you n"GOOD WORK!" it seems that the ultimate hack is coming sooner, and I'm still your no1 fan, don't forget that!

Goketsu
March 14th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Just finished playing this =), great hack I especially like the trainer sprite and back sprite of the main male char. I don't like the one on the trainer card but thats probably because I'am biased towards the one Zel has on his hack x). I liked the new rivals too. Anyways great hack , it was really fun to play =D

Terra_Force
March 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
sweet, very nice man...are there shiny's in this? such as shiny starters.

Kentai
March 15th, 2009, 03:29 AM
This Hack is simply awsome. I'm a huge fan of the Johto series and couldn't wait for the remakes of the old games, which were, in my opinion, part of the best ever made!

sy,
Kentai

Pokepal17
March 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Hey LaZ, I found a way to solve that problem you were having with

The TM finding minigame

Just do this at the beginning of the script but use a different var for each tile.

Example

#org @vars
compare 0x7000 0x1
if 0x1 call @emptytile
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x9848A6

#org @emptytile
msgbox @empty 0x6
release
end

#org @empty
= This tile is empty.

Q-Bone
March 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Looks absoloutely awesome!

linkandzelda
March 16th, 2009, 07:43 AM
OK, this is weird, I've tried all 3 downloads to workin Fire Red roms, but the game glitches up at the beginning Oak part. What up wit dat?

try getting the rom from somewhere else. thats all i can think of...

Hey LaZ I can't remember, have you added Entei and Raikou's event yet?

Yep you have. But regarding that:

You wasted a lot of sapce in their scripts by giving the same bit's new offsets. Why not repoint them all to the same offset so you have one bit of script which says:

release
end

Instead of having loads of different offsets with that little chunk.

Still it's a very good script :P

Also

lol @exploding magikarps :laugh:

yes. i agree. it is a space wasting script. it works though :P

Well crystal was like G/S, just with extras and animations. I think it's similar to the original...
also, why play a hack if your gonna cheat?...no point, if i sound aggressive i'm sorry..my personal life sucks.

but LaZ change my magikarp line-up lol..
I want decent pokes :)

sure. i'll change those pokes LOL.

Is it possible to make the trade-evolvers evolve with an item? Them evolving by level just gives it this really...fake feel. It's one of the things I hated in SG. For example, holding an item called Twised Spoon could evolve Kadabra. I mean I would prefer keeping them normal and having them evolve by trade...but this would be the next best solution IMO.

yes. its half and half. some are level and some are items :P

I haven't played this yet, but I wanted to say something anyway.
Crystal was my favorite GSC game (and 3rd and 4th gens are just ripoffs with cool features), so this game will probably entrance me more than Shiny Gold did. And I thought Shiny Gold was really cool.

So, I really, really, really hope this game gets finished; I was pretty disappointed when Crystal Shards went kaput.

(Shiny Gold is still cool, but.. *does sparkly eyes at nearly-finished Crystal remake*)

Thanks dude. crystal was the most ultimate game ever. it will deffinitly get finished.

Hey LaZ, here's a banner I made to show my support ;)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7131/liquidcrystal.png (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liquidcrystal.png)

thanks dude. i'll add it to the first post :D

Heyh!, sorry about my abscense, but the University is killing my time, I just wantesd to say you n"GOOD WORK!" it seems that the ultimate hack is coming sooner, and I'm still your no1 fan, don't forget that!

thanks dude. it is coming sooner than expected.

Just finished playing this =), great hack I especially like the trainer sprite and back sprite of the main male char. I don't like the one on the trainer card but thats probably because I'am biased towards the one Zel has on his hack x). I liked the new rivals too. Anyways great hack , it was really fun to play =D

xd. thanks. i heard that zel is useing the same OW as me in SG's beta 6. not too sure though. just means we might need a new one.

sweet, very nice man...are there shiny's in this? such as shiny starters.

there is 1 shiny. a shiny trade :P

This Hack is simply awsome. I'm a huge fan of the Johto series and couldn't wait for the remakes of the old games, which were, in my opinion, part of the best ever made!

sy,
Kentai

thanks. johto was the best region i think too.

Hey LaZ, I found a way to solve that problem you were having with

The TM finding minigame

Just do this at the beginning of the script but use a different var for each tile.

Example

#org @vars
compare 0x7000 0x1
if 0x1 call @emptytile
setvar 0x7000 0x1
goto 0x9848A6

#org @emptytile
msgbox @empty 0x6
release
end

#org @empty
= This tile is empty.

good work dude. but that wouldnt work for me as the same script is used on each tile.

Looks absoloutely awesome!

thanks dude.

update: still working on stuff. im beta testing atm and found quite a few bugs. i still feel its too empty to release another beta xD. i need some extra stuff.

link

Pokepal17
March 16th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Hey LaZ, what I meant was have that as beginning for each tile, but for each tile compile it with a new variable and then just have a pointer to the main script.

jAvAcOlA
March 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Oh btw...you might want to keep this the same to stay true to the original...but could you maybe get rid of the nicknames for the in-game trades? It's so annoying.

Also, since I see people complaining about Hoenn guys being too hard to find...just throwing out ideas here...maybe have a part where a boat or something takes you to an island with a jungle on it, and thats where you can find the hoenns? Then again that would probably be a whole nother big thing to add in. Eh idk.

foullump
March 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
This game has definitely progressed since the last time I checked in on it! Great work! Looks extremely promising!

jenyip33
March 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
So is it possible to evolve monsters that need to evolve by trade?

destinedjagold
March 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
So is it possible to evolve monsters that need to evolve by trade?

link already replied to the same question.
he made a post for like... 4 posts above your post.

yes. its half and half. some are level and some are items :P

link

Sportsmaniac1322
March 17th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hey LaZ I have a quick question. Awhile back, Zeikku mentioned some graphical changes he's made and said they'd be in beta 2. Specifically I'm talking about the text and HP boxes in the battles. Since I haven't heard anything about them for awhile, do you still plan on implementing them into beta 2? I'll put the image in a spoiler.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/badman10_2007/ahhhp-1.png

shrang
March 17th, 2009, 02:10 AM
aaarrgghh who can you teach Whirlpool to?? I've tried so many Pokemon, none of them can learn it

alureon
March 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM
xd. thanks. i heard that zel is useing the same OW as me in SG's beta 6. not too sure though. just means we might need a new one.
link
Your sprite is amazing you should definitely keep it in, although its up to you.

jenyip33
March 17th, 2009, 08:53 AM
There's a bug with the red garados. Are we not suppose to be fighting that? Because when I fight it, it restarts.

Edit: More bugs: I only have my hms, all my other tms are gone

DragonforceNewStuff
March 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I have a problem, I have downloaded the latest version of this ROM. I have a clean Firered ROM, I patch the IPS LC file using the Lunar IPS with the Firered ROM. I load the ROM onto the gba emulator. The screen will load it display for about 5 seconds when then the screen goes black, and I can just here sounds in the background but nothing there.

Any help?

alureon
March 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I have a problem, I have downloaded the latest version of this ROM. I have a clean Firered ROM, I patch the IPS LC file using the Lunar IPS with the Firered ROM. I load the ROM onto the gba emulator. The screen will load it display for about 5 seconds when then the screen goes black, and I can just here sounds in the background but nothing there.

Any help?

Save as 156k, perhaps you need to change the save format on the top.

Seb*s
March 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Hey, LaZ are all kanto, johto, and hoenn starters going to be obtainable?

apart from my Typhlosion, the egg hatched into a Totodile, iis that only because it's my rival pokemon or is chikorita and the ones from the other region obtainable?

Goketsu
March 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I wish someone would make a walkthrough for this so I could find all the hoenn pokemon
also I noticed a glitch , you're supposed to be able to teach fire punch to typhlosion but the team wouldn't work =/ , the thunderpunch tm did work for it though XD and one of the gym trainers in the ice gym had a ? as a pokemon o.O I forget which because Im past that part now

PatJamma
March 17th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Are the problems with what Pokemon can learn TMs (such as my Delibird being the only Pokemon I have able to learn Whirlpool) going to be fixed in beta 2?

Zeikku™
March 18th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hey LaZ I have a quick question. Awhile back, Zeikku mentioned some graphical changes he's made and said they'd be in beta 2. Specifically I'm talking about the text and HP boxes in the battles. Since I haven't heard anything about them for awhile, do you still plan on implementing them into beta 2? I'll put the image in a spoiler.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/badman10_2007/ahhhp-1.png

This is the part where you start throwing things at me, Well, erm, I'm running windows 7, the paint program on here doesn't keep anything I open indexed, so the HP Boxes won't work, (I guess I could explain to LaZ how to do it, seeing as he's running XP..I think), Now battle BG's 'could' be done, but it's not the main priority.
and The text box is done already :)

Goketsu
March 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Sprites are just one of the things I'm kinda nitpicky about x). I like all of the sprites except for Zane's , I didn't like the sprite on the trainer card at first but it's grown on me x). So far I've enjoyed this game alot more than shiny gold. The only thing I like better about shiny gold is the title screen and some of the rivals (Carlos and Amelia), but I've had alot more fun playing this game. I think once you fix all the little glitches people will be comparing shiny gold to liquid crystal instead of the other way around like now =)

Sportsmaniac1322
March 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
This is the part where you start throwing things at me, Well, erm, I'm running windows 7, the paint program on here doesn't keep anything I open indexed, so the HP Boxes won't work, (I guess I could explain to LaZ how to do it, seeing as he's running XP..I think), Now battle BG's 'could' be done, but it's not the main priority.
That's good that the text boxes are done, because they look great in the picture! I think you should put in the HP boxes as well. It gives it a sort of Platinum-like feeling, which is always good. I'm not as concerned about the BG, but it would just make it better if those were inserted. Basically, if the text and HP boxes are in beta 2, I'll be a happy camper.

jenyip33
March 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I have a glitch where even though i get tms, i only have hms in my bag, so i can't get past the whirlpool at the last gym

BlueShadow
March 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
It is pretty awesome!!! I really like it!!!!

HydeMoonblade
March 19th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Great game, I just went on a quick run through and i found a few glitches.

I cannot fly to Violet City, Cerrygrove City, And New Bark Town.
When in Goldenrod City I am unable to fly anywhere.
At the end of victory road when your Rival fights you it freezes whenever he brings out his Alakazam.
When in the Dragonden in the Rock Temple, when you pick up some items the game freezes.
Also Axel just stands there and when you try to talk to him the game freezes.
When Giovanni Awakes Regirock, Latios can be seen for a split second.
And when I go back to the Rock Temple Latias is standing there and I'm able to battle him over and over again.

That's all that i've encountered. I'm not sure if these are just glitches with the game or if it's just my emulator (VBA 1.8 beta 3)

Also, I want to thank you for making such a great hack :)

Johto Legend 17
March 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
This is looking very good so far. Im hoping you get all Johto and Kanto Music Remixes onto the game because the music is one of my favorite parts of a hack. Also: Has Zel 2.0 given up on his hack? I don't know but either way both yours and his hack are really great.

Seb*s
March 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
hey, this a great hack but i think you forgot to put the karate king at mt.mortar.

volcanicdialga
March 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
NICE HACK WILL IT HAVE SINNOH POKES IN IT (oops just relized cap looks was on)

Sportsmaniac1322
March 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM
NICE HACK WILL IT HAVE SINNOH POKES IN IT (oops just relized cap looks was on)
Read the 1st post. No, there aren't any Sinnoh Pokemon in it since it's a Crystal remake.

jAvAcOlA
March 20th, 2009, 11:29 AM
^That's kind of a bad point being that there are Hoenn's in this.

Goketsu
March 20th, 2009, 12:43 PM
^That's kind of a bad point being that there are Hoenn's in this.
either way there isn't any sinnoh pokemon in this so ya xD

linkandzelda
March 21st, 2009, 05:31 AM
Hey LaZ, what I meant was have that as beginning for each tile, but for each tile compile it with a new variable and then just have a pointer to the main script.

yes i knew what you ment. i'm gonna leave it for now and see if anyone conplains :P

Oh btw...you might want to keep this the same to stay true to the original...but could you maybe get rid of the nicknames for the in-game trades? It's so annoying.

Also, since I see people complaining about Hoenn guys being too hard to find...just throwing out ideas here...maybe have a part where a boat or something takes you to an island with a jungle on it, and thats where you can find the hoenns? Then again that would probably be a whole nother big thing to add in. Eh idk.[/quo

well im gonna keep the traded pokemons names :P

that is not a bad idea. i was thinking something similar but i have other ideas planned :P

[quote=foullump;4441958]This game has definitely progressed since the last time I checked in on it! Great work! Looks extremely promising!

thanks foulump. its thanks to you that i started this (well the scripting parts xD)

aaarrgghh who can you teach Whirlpool to?? I've tried so many Pokemon, none of them can learn it

you can teach it to growlithe LOL

Your sprite is amazing you should definitely keep it in, although its up to you.

thanks. i most likley will.

There's a bug with the red garados. Are we not suppose to be fighting that? Because when I fight it, it restarts.

Edit: More bugs: I only have my hms, all my other tms are gone

strange. must be a bad rom/patch. none else got that error and neither did i.

Hey, LaZ are all kanto, johto, and hoenn starters going to be obtainable?

apart from my Typhlosion, the egg hatched into a Totodile, iis that only because it's my rival pokemon or is chikorita and the ones from the other region obtainable?

yes they are. all starters will be obtainable in soe way.

I wish someone would make a walkthrough for this so I could find all the hoenn pokemon
also I noticed a glitch , you're supposed to be able to teach fire punch to typhlosion but the team wouldn't work =/ , the thunderpunch tm did work for it though XD and one of the gym trainers in the ice gym had a ? as a pokemon o.O I forget which because Im past that part now

hmm. i know the tms leanrings are messed up. atm there about 90% finished.

Are the problems with what Pokemon can learn TMs (such as my Delibird being the only Pokemon I have able to learn Whirlpool) going to be fixed in beta 2?

yes. pretty much.

i do have xp :P (although im going to be on vista very soon)

Sprites are just one of the things I'm kinda nitpicky about x). I like all of the sprites except for Zane's , I didn't like the sprite on the trainer card at first but it's grown on me x). So far I've enjoyed this game alot more than shiny gold. The only thing I like better about shiny gold is the title screen and some of the rivals (Carlos and Amelia), but I've had alot more fun playing this game. I think once you fix all the little glitches people will be comparing shiny gold to liquid crystal instead of the other way around like now =)

thanks. hopfully LC will be more regongnised in the future.

I have a glitch where even though i get tms, i only have hms in my bag, so i can't get past the whirlpool at the last gym

thats strange and i never got it. try a different rom and repatch.

It is pretty awesome!!! I really like it!!!!

thanks.

Great game, I just went on a quick run through and i found a few glitches.

I cannot fly to Violet City, Cerrygrove City, And New Bark Town.
When in Goldenrod City I am unable to fly anywhere.
At the end of victory road when your Rival fights you it freezes whenever he brings out his Alakazam.
When in the Dragonden in the Rock Temple, when you pick up some items the game freezes.
Also Axel just stands there and when you try to talk to him the game freezes.
When Giovanni Awakes Regirock, Latios can be seen for a split second.
And when I go back to the Rock Temple Latias is standing there and I'm able to battle him over and over again.

That's all that i've encountered. I'm not sure if these are just glitches with the game or if it's just my emulator (VBA 1.8 beta 3)

Also, I want to thank you for making such a great hack :)

thanks. the flying bugs i know about and im working to fix them. its actully quite hard to do though :( about the place in the spoiler thats been completly changed and there are no bugs there now :P

This is looking very good so far. Im hoping you get all Johto and Kanto Music Remixes onto the game because the music is one of my favorite parts of a hack. Also: Has Zel 2.0 given up on his hack? I don't know but either way both yours and his hack are really great.

Thanks. most of the music remixes will be in beta 2.

hey, this a great hack but i think you forgot to put the karate king at mt.mortar.

i thought i did put him in lol not too sure though.

update: im beta testing now :P abput half way through kanto just ploughing through and fixing bugs. more music has been and will be inserted. sprites and graphics still need to be done.

i greatly improoved the weather systemt oo. it now stays one weather for quite a while when switching through maps and going in buildings. i think that gives it a much more realistic feel to it.

ive decided. when i release beta 2 i want everyone to post on here if a tm dosnt work with a certain pokemon.

thanks in advance
link

Zeikku™
March 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Is there anyway you can wait until, the end of the term, to get vista?...cos i wanna teach you the HP box thing in that free week we have laz, Paint on Vista and 7 sucks, majorly.
Once thats done, I'll work on other graphics hopefully.

linkandzelda
March 21st, 2009, 10:55 AM
yea thats np. but im gonna be emulating xp from within vista becuase of sappy :P

link

lankan_warrior4
March 21st, 2009, 11:11 AM
I cant wait until this hack is finished! It looks so amazing (especially if you do the textbox idea!). Already thinking about my team:D

Lynx
March 21st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Excellent hack. I just started it, I have a level 10 Cyndiquil now. I'm really liking the weather effects. I do have a couple questions though, if you don't mind.

How would I evolve pokemon such as machoke or onix, since they evolve through trades in the normal games? Also, how do friendship evolutions work? (eevee and togepi are in mind) Are there pokemon from other generations that are catchable, or just the GSC ones?

linkandzelda
March 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM
thanks dude.

Off-topic:
I have a favor to ask all of the LC fans out there. In order to show your support i need everyone who can to sign up to something for me:

http://www.xpango.com?ref=91670128 (http://www.xpango.com/?ref=91670128)

Heres how it works:
1. You signup which takes about 1-2 minutes. Then pick a free gift.
2. You get other people to signup with your referal ID (what im doing here)
3. The number of referals needed depends on the gift you picked. In my case its a 80GB PS3 which needs 30.
4. After you get the right ammount of refferals then you get the gift. No scams. No spam either.

I'm not forcing people to signup and people who can't then thats ok. Please please please can the people that can signup please signup.

This will really show your support :P
thanks in advance

link

p.s. I hope this is allowed. if not then i'll take it down.

On-topic:
Almost finished beta testing kanto. alsmot about to fight red and then theres a few more music to insert and loop. and a few more features to implemet too.

link

Shadows
March 21st, 2009, 03:19 PM
thanks dude.

Off-topic:
I have a favor to ask all of the LC fans out there. In order to show your support i need everyone who can to sign up to something for me:

http://www.xpango.com?ref=91670128 (http://www.xpango.com/?ref=91670128)

Heres how it works:
1. You signup which takes about 1-2 minutes. Then pick a free gift.
2. You get other people to signup with your referal ID (what im doing here)
3. The number of referals needed depends on the gift you picked. In my case its a 80GB PS3 which needs 30.
4. After you get the right ammount of refferals then you get the gift. No scams. No spam either.

I'm not forcing people to signup and people who can't then thats ok. Please please please can the people that can signup please signup.

This will really show your support :P
thanks in advance

link

p.s. I hope this is allowed. if not then i'll take it down.

On-topic:
Almost finished beta testing kanto. alsmot about to fight red and then theres a few more music to insert and loop. and a few more features to implemet too.

link
This seems waaaaay easier then prizerebel.
I'll try it!
Not atm, later.

monkeyboi
March 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM
hey i can't wait for the next beta.

also i couldnt get to website with the link you gave to give you wour points.

linkandzelda
March 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
i forgot to mention something in that refferal thing that i didnt realize. after you register you have to complete an offer for me to get a refer. most of the offers need a dredit card which is why im gonna forget about it lol becuase none will be able to register lol.

link

g12
March 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM
hi im wondering if all 3 generations are in the game and if there hard to find like in shiny gold and did beta 2 came out yet?

killbeast301
March 21st, 2009, 09:03 PM
A few questions:

1)Where can I catch an abra? In GSC it was on route 34, but I can't find it there.
2)How would one evolve kadabra, graveler, machoke, or other pokemon that normally evolve through trade in this?

Sarcastic Prince
March 22nd, 2009, 12:36 AM
Hey, Link! Are you going to fix the OW Sprite
of Zane? No offense, but it's kinda ugly.
And are you going to let certain Pokemon learn TM moves
they are supposed to learn? (Eg. Typlosion needs to learn
both Fire Punch and Thunder Punch)
If these are edited, this will be best Crystal Remake that beats
all the others.

Tropical Sunlight
March 22nd, 2009, 04:19 AM
all the others.
You're forgetting something. This already is the best Crystal remake.
Good luck!

Pokepal17
March 22nd, 2009, 05:24 AM
I hope you fix the worldmap problems you told me about

angelas
March 22nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
For those who want fire punch btw.. typhlosion is supposed to learn it through tutoring not TM's.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Typhlosion_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Typhlosion_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up)

If you look below.. I guess some people think he's supposed to learn it through TM because of shiny gold. Not sure though..

So maybe if a move tutor was put in, which I haven't found one yet (next to the gamecorner and other places at least..)

Lynx
March 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
A few glitches/concerns

-The weather. While it can sometimes be a nice variation from the normal weather, I think the weather effects are too frequent, and too sporadic. A route could be sandstorming and then snowing a minute later. Maybe you could get rid of the effects on certain routes, or limit sandstorming to mountain routes/rain to moist routes/snow to cold routes... etc. Also, there's no sunshine, which my Quilava doesn't like.

-The eevee you recieve is at level 20. This means that whatever evolution you choose will take over 20 levels before learning any attacks of it's element, making it a useless addition to a team for quite sometime. Changing it so that you recieve at level 15 instead would fix this.

-There's a lack of bug catching contests. Clearly this is on purpose, but I still can't figure out how to get them running, unless it just isn't in this beta.

-A few of the sprites are kind of ugly. Growlithe and Rattata have squished faces, and Pidgeotto/golbat/Nidarino just looks awful. (Though I do love some of the other custom sprites)

-To my knowledge there is no espeon/umbreon.

-Trainers use super/hyper potions too frequently. I can understand gym leaders and the elite four, and even some of the tougher victory road trainers using them, but when an average underleveled trainer uses a hyper potion on the first of their five Pokemon, it's a bit much.

-Kurt's pokeballs are weird. All color apricorns turn into net balls, and all you have to do is exit the town and walk back into it for him to finish making them.

-Poison does not deplete your health if you're surfing. (not that I have a problem with this!)

-In the town south of the Lake of Rage, the fake shop sells "Slowpoketails" for 400(whatever the currency is), and the description and image of the item is a green shard.

-On the route to the left of Ecruteke, I headbutted a tree on the bottom of the route and it froze the game.

-The Pokemon center right before the enterance to Union Cave is glitchy. (you have to walk a certain way in order to exit it. It's hard to explain)

-In the department store you can walk in the black areas on the side.

Despite all this, this is still the best Crystal remake I've played. :)

jAvAcOlA
March 22nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
-Trainers use super/hyper potions too frequently. I can understand gym leaders and the elite four, and even some of the tougher victory road trainers using them, but when an average underleveled trainer uses a hyper potion on the first of their five Pokemon, it's a bit much.

I don't agree on this one. One thing that's always sucked in these games is the trainers are too incredibly easy. I think it's a nice change of pace.

Calvo819
March 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
A few glitches/concerns

-Kurt's pokeballs are weird. All color apricorns turn into net balls, and all you have to do is exit the town and walk back into it for him to finish making them.

that is bad.

the rest is good.
Doesnt anyone get tired of waiting a day to get a pokeball?

And to Link, what you should do is set it up in trade format.

Like trade Black Apricot to Kurt for whatever ball it corresponds to

just a suggestion

jenyip33
March 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
A few questions:

1)Where can I catch an abra? In GSC it was on route 34, but I can't find it there.
2)How would one evolve kadabra, graveler, machoke, or other pokemon that normally evolve through trade in this?

1) you know after you fight winnie, and then u keep goign up and just before the building to the park, there's a patch of grass to the right. I caught mine there. It was like that in GSC too.

2) They evolve when they hit a level.

I wanna ask if someone can upload and post/pm a link with a working version with tms and hms available, because my patched version does not have tms and I also crash at red garados.

Zeikku™
March 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Well er guys, i'm beta testing for a while.
I'm gonna say that you guys will LOVE beta 2 :)
it needs work still but it's awesome never the less.

linkandzelda
March 23rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
hi im wondering if all 3 generations are in the game and if there hard to find like in shiny gold and did beta 2 came out yet?

yes all the 3 gens will be obtainable. quite hard to find though. Beta 2 hasnt come out yet.

A few questions:

1. Route 34 there is one
2. I think they evolve by level but i cant rmemebr.

all the others.

Well i like the OW sprite of zane. I wasn't planning to change it. The learnable tms will be done for beta 2 (most of them)

You're forgetting something. This already is the best Crystal remake.
Good luck!

thanks dude.

I hope you fix the worldmap problems you told me about

I hope so too.

For those who want fire punch btw.. typhlosion is supposed to learn it through tutoring not TM's.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Typhlosion_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Typhlosion_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up)

If you look below.. I guess some people think he's supposed to learn it through TM because of shiny gold. Not sure though..

So maybe if a move tutor was put in, which I haven't found one yet (next to the gamecorner and other places at least..)

Well that looks like there is a tutor in emerald. I'll find some way for him to learn it.

A few glitches/concerns

-The weather. While it can sometimes be a nice variation from the normal weather, I think the weather effects are too frequent, and too sporadic. A route could be sandstorming and then snowing a minute later. Maybe you could get rid of the effects on certain routes, or limit sandstorming to mountain routes/rain to moist routes/snow to cold routes... etc. Also, there's no sunshine, which my Quilava doesn't like.

LaZ: Well i improoved how frequent the weatehr changes are. its much better. I cant have sun as one of the weathers becuase it crashes the rom when you exit a house and its sunny. At least if there is a sandstorm then it happens everywhere and not one route.

-The eevee you recieve is at level 20. This means that whatever evolution you choose will take over 20 levels before learning any attacks of it's element, making it a useless addition to a team for quite sometime. Changing it so that you recieve at level 15 instead would fix this.

LaZ: The eevee you recive in the orginal is at level 20 so im not going to change it. Just becuase its usfull sooner isnt a good enough reason for me :P

-There's a lack of bug catching contests. Clearly this is on purpose, but I still can't figure out how to get them running, unless it just isn't in this beta.

LaZ: Thats becuase the bug catching contest isnt in this beta. (neither will it be in the beta 2)

-A few of the sprites are kind of ugly. Growlithe and Rattata have squished faces, and Pidgeotto/golbat/Nidarino just looks awful. (Though I do love some of the other custom sprites)

LaZ: Well most of the new sprites will be added for beta 2.

-To my knowledge there is no espeon/umbreon.

LaZ: Your knoledge is correct. they will be in beta 2. infact they already are done.

LaZ: I like it tbh. it gives more game time :D

LaZ: I havent checked that but im not sure. im still thinking of a solution for him finishing a ball.

-Poison does not deplete your health if you're surfing. (not that I have a problem with this!)

LaZ: I cant do anything about that really. But i didint event notice lol

-In the town south of the Lake of Rage, the fake shop sells "Slowpoketails" for 400(whatever the currency is), and the description and image of the item is a green shard.

LaZ: I need to do the item descriptions and the key items.

-On the route to the left of Ecruteke, I headbutted a tree on the bottom of the route and it froze the game.

LaZ: I fixed that already.

-The Pokemon center right before the enterance to Union Cave is glitchy. (you have to walk a certain way in order to exit it. It's hard to explain)

LaZ: Well it seems to be fine for me.

-In the department store you can walk in the black areas on the side.

LaZ: I fix that already.

Despite all this, this is still the best Crystal remake I've played. :)

Thanks dude.

I don't agree on this one. One thing that's always sucked in these games is the trainers are too incredibly easy. I think it's a nice change of pace.

i aggree. thats why i added the potions.

that is bad.

the rest is good.
Doesnt anyone get tired of waiting a day to get a pokeball?

And to Link, what you should do is set it up in trade format.

Like trade Black Apricot to Kurt for whatever ball it corresponds to

just a suggestion

maybe. although i prefer him making them :p

1) you know after you fight winnie, and then u keep goign up and just before the building to the park, there's a patch of grass to the right. I caught mine there. It was like that in GSC too.

2) They evolve when they hit a level.

I wanna ask if someone can upload and post/pm a link with a working version with tms and hms available, because my patched version does not have tms and I also crash at red garados.

well what do you mean no tms?

Well er guys, i'm beta testing for a while.
I'm gonna say that you guys will LOVE beta 2 :)
it needs work still but it's awesome never the less.

yep. it still needs some work :P

update: dudes. now is the time to break some news to everyone. this is going to have an extedned story after reds battle. the orange islands will be put in. its not going to follow the anime but there will be 5 islands with the names from the anime and a few similatirties.

We decided to add this a while ago but it wasnt 100% decided until last night which is why we didnt say anything. The reason im saying now is becuase im going to include a bit in the beta 2. as a sample. there is a gernal idea for a plot but most if it were just going to wing it :D.

hopfully it will turn out good.
link

Feraligatr master
March 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Extending the story actually sounds like a brilliant idea, Also am i Correct in assuming that trainers in these new areas will be round the same level as Red? Or is Red still going to be the games most powerful trainer?

Anyways Good luck with this and I hope it works out

destinedjagold
March 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
hey link, about Kurt finishing custom pokeballs, maybe you can add on his script where it'll check how many steps the PLAYER already had, like, 500 steps until one custom pokeball is ready for you to get?

not sure, but just expressing an idea. :\

jenyip33
March 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
When I say no tms, it's when I obtain a tm and I check my tm bag, I only have hms in there and the tms disappear.

linkandzelda
March 24th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Extending the story actually sounds like a brilliant idea, Also am i Correct in assuming that trainers in these new areas will be round the same level as Red? Or is Red still going to be the games most powerful trainer?

Anyways Good luck with this and I hope it works out

Well ther trainers will be from around level 50-65 pokes. red is not the most powerfulest. theres another person. who will be the final trainer and the final battle. maybe you can guess xD

hey link, about Kurt finishing custom pokeballs, maybe you can add on his script where it'll check how many steps the PLAYER already had, like, 500 steps until one custom pokeball is ready for you to get?

not sure, but just expressing an idea. :\

great idea. that was the orginal idea ihad and the same in SG (i think) but it intereferes with the berry tree scripts as they use the same method.

When I say no tms, it's when I obtain a tm and I check my tm bag, I only have hms in there and the tms disappear.

hmm. well all i can say is its probably a bad rom you patched onto. or a bad patch. try getting another FR rom from somewhere else and try patching again.

update: i finished beta testing the main story up till reds battle. im in the process of testing all the secret parts where you get items ad stuff.

another thing. i dont know if anyone went into the house on route 35. theres a guy in there who hides around places and you have to find him and he gives you stuff. his orginal purpose was that after you find him 16 times (a hiding place is availble after each gym like the trick master idea) then he moves to celadon game corner which becomes open again as its shut in beta 1. (an excuse for not having to do it for beta 1 lol) i quite like the idea that its looked and you have to do his game to unlock it. but im going to remove the game as its too buggy and keeps bugging up all the time. if people like the game enough then i'll fix it up and keep it. if not then its going to go.

would it be considered a spoiler to tell people the story idea for the exended part?

link

clonex25
March 24th, 2009, 03:19 AM
That would be great if Celadon's Game Corner would be opened. I want more stuff for me and my Pokemon.

Anyway, here is a video link to my Trainer Encounter Themes. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HPNOC5INrM

EJames2100
March 24th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Is it you LaZ ? :P

That game sounds a good one, I'd say keep it :)

And no just like any more of the storyline, keep it under wraps, I stopped playing it a little while into it cause I had little time and didn't want to use it on a buggy version lol, hope to see the final version :)

cacaface
March 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Can you please update the status on the first page more often?

Magnius
March 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIACq4cgfw

Did a new rival battle remix. Might be in beta 2.

That would be great if Celadon's Game Corner would be opened. I want more stuff for me and my Pokemon.

Ah, so mine will be replaced?

Your mom goes to college
March 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Why is it when I try to play this game after I downloaded it, it says 'no image found on zip file'?

dirk123
March 25th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Why do I get the feeling that you better "Drake" (the guy who uses Dragonite, Ditto, etc) and then Zane, or maybe Zane AND Silver (kinda like the R/B/Y pokemon league where Gary already beat the E4 before you...).

I hope the Celedon Game Corner ex-Rocket hideout is open... I was so dissapointed how they removed it -> text from orignal games:"There is something under this poster... oh it's nothing". >_>

Sarcastic Prince
March 25th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I hope the Celedon Game Corner ex-Rocket hideout is open... I was so dissapointed how they removed it -> text from orignal games:"There is something under this poster... oh it's nothing". >_>

Yeah, I was kinda mad and dissapointed when Nintendo
did this too. I was like, "Booooooo!" when that text came out.

killbeast301
March 25th, 2009, 10:33 AM
The guy in mahogany town won't let me pass. I caught the red gyarados, beat team rocket, and pryce, and he still wants me to buy a lava cookie. I can't get to blackthorn city. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch?

Seb*s
March 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM
LaZ, after you beat the Elite 4 will you be able to battle Silver at the Dragon's Den repeatedly like in the original Crystal? I hope so, can't wait for beta 2

jenyip33
March 25th, 2009, 04:40 PM
The guy in mahogany town won't let me pass. I caught the red gyarados, beat team rocket, and pryce, and he still wants me to buy a lava cookie. I can't get to blackthorn city. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch?

You need to go catch Suicine.

Sportsmaniac1322
March 25th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Putting the orange islands in the game is a brilliant idea! I have a few questions that just come to my head. First, are there going to be extra gyms? If there are, will they be different from all the others? I know you said you weren't following the anime, but in the anime the gyms consisted of different challenges, along with a gym battle. I'm not expecting anything like that, but will it be any different?

Keep up the great work! The game's looking incredible, and with this idea I think it might surpass ShinyGold. Keep it up! :D

jenyip33
March 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
It already surpasses ShinyGold! ShinyGold you can't even finish

Is it possible for someone to upload their PATCHED game and send a link to me please? Cause i can't seem to patch a working one.

Sarcastic Prince
March 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
It already surpasses ShinyGold! ShinyGold you can't even finish.

Is it possible for someone to upload their PATCHED game and send a link to me please? Cause i can't seem to patch a working one.

Yo! If your talking about this topic, don't talk about
SG.

Reply to Link: The OW of Zane is OK, but it is kinda tall compared to other
people... (That doesn't matter...)
And I like the Fact that you are changing the Learnable TMs.

Tropical Sunlight
March 26th, 2009, 04:40 AM
You're insering Orange Islands?
This is going to be my fav hack! (sorry DJG)
I wish you BOL!

PsychoSk8r
March 26th, 2009, 07:35 AM
This is looking great so-far LaZ, I love the music/tile changes, they make the game feel much more like the original did.

After talking to Elm/Policeman in the lab, if you try to pick up the last Pokeball, it says "This is PROF.OAK's last pokemon", but it should say "This is PROF.ELM's last pokemon"

The Weather changing between each town/route is a little too much. Perhaps create an option to turn this on/off?

The game crashed when i got to the final battle in Sprout Tower <_<

dirk123
March 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
This is looking great so-far LaZ, I love the music/tile changes, they make the game feel much more like the original did.

After talking to Elm/Policeman in the lab, if you try to pick up the last Pokeball, it says "This is PROF.OAK's last pokemon", but it should say "This is PROF.ELM's last pokemon"

The Weather changing between each town/route is a little too much. Perhaps create an option to turn this on/off?

He said in a previous post that he has changed/will be changing the weather.

SamieNiceGuy
March 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Nice loving the new stuff. Can't wait to get a look. also orange island you say ??? this is going to be great and keep extended story a secret.

jAvAcOlA
March 26th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Crystal Onix? ;)

Blah blah stupid rule.

jenyip33
March 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Crystal Onix Would totally be cool in this game

clonex25
March 27th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Here's a link to my remix of the National Park Theme. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBzQLFr8fwk

Kapuxa_Blaziken
March 27th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Is this game going to contain ALL the Crystal music remakes?
Also (I know im not suposed to ask for it but...ive only recently found out bout this hack[I know, where the heck have i been o.O THIS LOOKS AMAZING!] when is the second Beta coming out?

SamieNiceGuy
March 27th, 2009, 09:43 AM
read back a bit you might find out ;) also i don't think you can ask.

also did you say theres going to be up to the 3rd generation ? does that include legends ?

linkandzelda
March 27th, 2009, 12:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HPNOC5INrM

well the game corner is either locked until that guy opens it or its just open when you get to celadon.

Nice encounters there btw.

Is it you LaZ ? :P

That game sounds a good one, I'd say keep it :)

And no just like any more of the storyline, keep it under wraps, I stopped playing it a little while into it cause I had little time and didn't want to use it on a buggy version lol, hope to see the final version :)

:P. its not me. and im still considering whether to keep him...

Can you please update the status on the first page more often?

yes. although im quite busy atm so it dosnt really change lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIACq4cgfw

Did a new rival battle remix. Might be in beta 2.

Ah, so mine will be replaced?

sounds great magnius. keep it up.

Why is it when I try to play this game after I downloaded it, it says 'no image found on zip file'?

you need to patch it to a rom i think.

Why do I get the feeling that you better "Drake" (the guy who uses Dragonite, Ditto, etc) and then Zane, or maybe Zane AND Silver (kinda like the R/B/Y pokemon league where Gary already beat the E4 before you...).

xD. no rocket hideout im afraid lol.

Yeah, I was kinda mad and dissapointed when Nintendo
did this too. I was like, "Booooooo!" when that text came out.

same lol.

have you beaten team rocket at the radio tower?

LaZ, after you beat the Elite 4 will you be able to battle Silver at the Dragon's Den repeatedly like in the original Crystal? I hope so, can't wait for beta 2

well not at the dragons den. but at the pokemon league you can. in certain weathers :P

Putting the orange islands in the game is a brilliant idea! I have a few questions that just come to my head. First, are there going to be extra gyms? If there are, will they be different from all the others? I know you said you weren't following the anime, but in the anime the gyms consisted of different challenges, along with a gym battle. I'm not expecting anything like that, but will it be any different?

Keep up the great work! The game's looking incredible, and with this idea I think it might surpass ShinyGold. Keep it up! :D

well i was planning not to have gyms but to have something different. i cant really say as it gives the story away slightly.

It already surpasses ShinyGold! ShinyGold you can't even finish

No talking of SG's progress compared to LC. and kind of asking for a patched version is the same as asking for a rom... Which is against the rules.

Yo! If your talking about this topic, don't talk about
SG.

Reply to Link: The OW of Zane is OK, but it is kinda tall compared to other
people... (That doesn't matter...)
And I like the Fact that you are changing the Learnable TMs.

well maybe zeikku will do another one. not too sure though. i know what you mean now when i compare it to the other OWs. when i say learnable tms i didnt mean what the tms hold i meant making the pokemon learn the right tms xD.

You're insering Orange Islands?
This is going to be my fav hack! (sorry DJG)
I wish you BOL!

thanks.

thanks. the pokeball text has been done and the weather has been optimized. i like the idea of having it able to be on or off. hw would i implemet that i wonder...

tha battle in sprut tower was fine for me.

Nice loving the new stuff. Can't wait to get a look. also orange island you say ??? this is going to be great and keep extended story a secret.

thanks. i will keep it a secret. there wont be much in beta 2.

Crystal Onix? ;)

Blah blah stupid rule.

crystal onix? who said that? i was thinking of addin him too...

Crystal Onix Would totally be cool in this game

yes i aggree. (in a cave would rule. people would be like "OMG. ITS TEH CRYSTAL ONIX!!!! :O:O:O" lol)

Here's a link to my remix of the National Park Theme. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBzQLFr8fwk

sounds pretty good. but tbh i preffer magnius mix of this one.

Is this game going to contain ALL the Crystal music remakes?
Also (I know im not suposed to ask for it but...ive only recently found out bout this hack[I know, where the heck have i been o.O THIS LOOKS AMAZING!] when is the second Beta coming out?

well it will contain MOST of them. theres a few that probably wont be in. also i still dont know about the rlease date.

read back a bit you might find out ;) also i don't think you can ask.

also did you say theres going to be up to the 3rd generation ? does that include legends ?

yes all pokemon up to 3rd gen availble in some way. including legends.

update: still beta testing the extra parts. im almost done. i have a question. regarding the orange islands and beta 2. i said there will be a bit of the orange islands in beta 2. how much do people want to see? bearing in mind that the more i include the longer the wait :P

link

Chimchar 9
March 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Lool.
I haven't posted here for a while now, but i just want to see how things are going, so is it going good??
Well i wish you the best of luck on it.;)
Good luck!!

Buizel 9 ~

dirk123
March 27th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think you should only show a small part of the Orange Islands.
Perhaps ending it before the game "spoils" your story for the Orange Island

jenyip33
March 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Maybe just the way to travel to orange island and then end after arriving?

Sportsmaniac1322
March 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
In my opinion, you should put enough in the orange islands to give us a taste of what's going to come. Just so we know what to expect and hopefully get us even more excited for beta 3. I don't think you should go too far into the orange islands though. That seems like it's a beta (or two) away.

clonex25
March 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM
New themes in one video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVPpvbfvfKY

@Magnius: I think link has the final say. But great Rival Theme remixes there.

gbhero
March 28th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Anyone know the exact evolution requirements of Kadabra and Seadra?

Zeikku™
March 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
For the beta, I'll do new sprites or at least fix the goofy looking ones like growlithe..
And redo the Zane Ows..
and do the battle BGs..

jAvAcOlA
March 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
crystal onix? who said that? i was thinking of addin him too...

Lol no I wasn't saying that idea is stupid. I was saying the rules where your post has to be a certain length is.

dartdude6
March 28th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I just started playing this and I gotta say that I'm a fan of it. The only problem I had was the music on Route 29. No offense to whoever did that remix, but it just hurts my ears. Everything else about this game is great though. I already like it better than SG. I look forward to it being finished.

Joanna
March 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
My game crashes after I beat Jasmine in Olivine City, as soon as she's done talking the graphics crash to a maroon colour :(

Cholo
March 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
im not sure if u knew about this glitch or not but if save and quit playing when u first enter mr.pokemon's house when u open vba again ur hero sprite will be duplicated and be placed where mr.pokemon should be...u will be controling that sprite and wont be able to get out of the house because of the original sprite blocking the entrance, so u would have to start a new game..
juss letting you know in case ur adding the finishing touched and what not :)
i'm off to start a new game lol...

Goketsu
March 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
In my opinion, you should put enough in the orange islands to give us a taste of what's going to come. Just so we know what to expect and hopefully get us even more excited for beta 3. I don't think you should go too far into the orange islands though.
I agree with that , not that I'm not excited to see it I just think it will make everyone even more excited for the next beta and plus I'd rather have a new beta to play asap instead of later x)

eeveedude
March 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Hi, so far this game is really fun and well made. One thing though, sometimes when I'm looking at one of my pokémon's stats the game goes black and seems to freeze. Btw, I'm using the no$gba emulater, is there certain setting that works the best? Otherwise, great job! =)

Feraligatr master
March 29th, 2009, 03:46 AM
I would actually end the beta at some sort of cliff hanger ending, for example, You could end it as your just about to go and fight a Legendary or start a certain event that has some relevance to the overall island plot.

linkandzelda
March 29th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Lool.
I haven't posted here for a while now, but i just want to see how things are going, so is it going good??
Well i wish you the best of luck on it.;)
Good luck!!

Buizel 9 ~

Thanks dude. everything od going great atm.

I think you should only show a small part of the Orange Islands.
Perhaps ending it before the game "spoils" your story for the Orange Island

ok. np. that sounds great.

Maybe just the way to travel to orange island and then end after arriving?

well thats a bit short. i think showing 1-2 towns of the first island will be enough.

In my opinion, you should put enough in the orange islands to give us a taste of what's going to come. Just so we know what to expect and hopefully get us even more excited for beta 3. I don't think you should go too far into the orange islands though. That seems like it's a beta (or two) away.

ok sounds great idea.

New themes in one video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVPpvbfvfKY

@Magnius: I think link has the final say. But great Rival Theme remixes there.

thanks dude. sounds great. could you pm me your latest looped .s files?

Anyone know the exact evolution requirements of Kadabra and Seadra?

i think its level. im not gonna say though.

For the beta, I'll do new sprites or at least fix the goofy looking ones like growlithe..
And redo the Zane Ows..
and do the battle BGs..

sounds good.

Lol no I wasn't saying that idea is stupid. I was saying the rules where your post has to be a certain length is.

oh right. i aggree with that too.

I just started playing this and I gotta say that I'm a fan of it. The only problem I had was the music on Route 29. No offense to whoever did that remix, but it just hurts my ears. Everything else about this game is great though. I already like it better than SG. I look forward to it being finished.

Thanks. i aggree the route 29 sounds like a sntragled cat xd. the new one is much better.

My game crashes after I beat Jasmine in Olivine City, as soon as she's done talking the graphics crash to a maroon colour :(

strange. could be a bad patching or bad rom.

im not sure if u knew about this glitch or not but if save and quit playing when u first enter mr.pokemon's house when u open vba again ur hero sprite will be duplicated and be placed where mr.pokemon should be...u will be controling that sprite and wont be able to get out of the house because of the original sprite blocking the entrance, so u would have to start a new game..
juss letting you know in case ur adding the finishing touched and what not :)
i'm off to start a new game lol...

i remember that from the first beta. i never tried this though but its fixable i think.

I agree with that , not that I'm not excited to see it I just think it will make everyone even more excited for the next beta and plus I'd rather have a new beta to play asap instead of later x)

xd.

Hi, so far this game is really fun and well made. One thing though, sometimes when I'm looking at one of my pokémon's stats the game goes black and seems to freeze. Btw, I'm using the no$gba emulater, is there certain setting that works the best? Otherwise, great job! =)

hmm. that could again be a bad rom or bad patching as it never happens to me.

I would actually end the beta at some sort of cliff hanger ending, for example, You could end it as your just about to go and fight a Legendary or start a certain event that has some relevance to the overall island plot.

thats a good idea too. i need to think of something good :P

update: doing music/finishing testing atm. most of the gsc themes are inserted which is good.

i have good news. a release date that i MUST stick too. 24th april 2009 will be the release of beta 2. the reason i must release it then is becuase its my 18th birthday :D

link

Dannwe123
March 29th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Yay!!! A release date!! :)

Feraligatr master
March 29th, 2009, 05:56 AM
The relese date is actually perfect, it will give me something to play on until Platinum comes out in the uk ^^ Good luck with this again Link

dartdude6
March 29th, 2009, 07:49 AM
*Marks calendar for April 24, 2009* Where will Beta 2 go up to? Will Kanto be finished?

Feraligatr master
March 29th, 2009, 08:41 AM
As Link stated arlier beta 2 will have the full kanto storyline and a very small/small part of the orange islands storyline

Goketsu
March 29th, 2009, 08:43 AM
i have good news. a release date that i MUST stick too. 24th april 2009 will be the release of beta 2. the reason i must release it then is becuase its my 18th birthday :D

link
x) your bday is the day before mine , that's cool =D I'll be looking forward to beta2