PDA

View Full Version : Another new member yay......

Ramengan
August 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I joined PokeCommunity a little while ago for Shiny Gold etc., and I decided to actually become active and post. I'm not new to forums in general but I am kinda new to here, even after lurking a bit. Sorry in advance if I post something in the wrong place or mess up in some other way.

If anyone is interested, I am fascinated by the general mechanics of the Pokemon games as well as ROM hacks. So much that I spend hours looking through Bulbapedia learning pretty much everything about how events, battles, damage and status, abilities, and glitches all work. Maybe I'll make a ROM hack of my own someday. Someday...

Neko64
August 11th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hello Ramengan! Lol don't worry about messing up; you're doing just fine. ;)

I am glad you have decided to post and become active. Lurking is fun, I will admit, but reposnding and interacting here at the forums is even better! :D

I think it's cool how you are interested in the mechanics of the games. I am too in a way; I breed Pokemon and ev train them so they are stronger than normal ones. I also remember back in middle school I was REALLY obsessed with glitches in the games. I remember doing a project on how to get Mew in Pokemon Blue in seventh grade. I think I got somewhere between a C+ and a B. xD

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay here and have fun being active and posting around! Good luck on the hack if you decide to make one! ;)

-Neko

Haza
August 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Well, welcome again. I too am a returning member.

Also, if I may point you to some good active threads you should check the Pokemon General Forums and Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Forum.

Hiidoran
August 11th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Well it's great that you have decided to become an active member! It's so much more fun this way; you will be amazed at the difference. ;D
(It becomes an obsession... xD)

A lot of people come to PC just for more information on Shiny Gold. It is a very popular hack and PC was one of the first places that every hosted it. ;D
(So basically a bunch of people joined to download it...)

I can't say I'm that interested in the Pokémon game mechanics, however; I did once have an interest in rom-hacking. I suppose it is very interesting to open up rom images and see what kind of hidden stuff they conseal.
(Like the Safari Zone inside of Pokémon Gold and Silver. ;D)

The Pokècommunity has a lot to offer you, Ramengan.
I'm glad that you have decided to become one of the regulars. ;D
Welcome to the community!

Roy G. Biv
August 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Oh, hello there ;D
I know joining a forum can be intimidating, but don't worry! We all mess up at some point ^_^
except for me, cuz I ish perfect!

Enjoy posting, as Hiidoran said, it becomes an obsession quickly if you don't watch yourself!
Hey, at least it's not drugs or anything :D

Ramengan
August 11th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Nice to know I'm welcomed here.

@Neko64: Cool, I don't think I've ever done a fun school project. I don't know if it would've gone over that well at my school. Seriously about the ROM hack, I don't know what I'd do in terms of story/concept, but I think I could check the forum over there for that. Oh, and I'm too lazy for my own good. X(
If I decide to do it, I'll get more serious about it when classes start up again. (wait, that sounds backwards...)

@~*HazaBaraFatale*~: Well, I'm not actually a returning member, just used to be a lurker, but thanks anyway! I'll check out the DP stuff, even though I've never owned a 4th gen game (me is poor :'().

@Hiidoran: Yes, I admit that the only reason I initially joined was to download the ROM. But already it looks a lot more fun to participate here, and I'm certainly going to enjoy my stay.

And yes, Roy G Biv, at least it's not drugs. xD

Yuoaman
August 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the forums Ramengan, I hope to see you participating in all of the wholesome and not so wholesome activities in the community. And maybe I'll see you around my own home base one day Game Development>RomHacking. Hope you have lots of fun.

Sora
August 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hallo there and welcome to the Forums! :D This place is very fun indeed~ -came here not too long ago herself-

Hopefully you'll have as much fun as I am having. ^___^

Guillermo
August 11th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hey Ramengan, Nice avatar, Poliwag has always been cool in my opinion.

As most people have told you to have fun here i guess i don't have to. So just make sure you read the Rules/FAQ and have a great time xD

See you around the forums

dragonarche
August 11th, 2008, 11:44 PM
hi iam shadow magikarp AKA the guy obsesed with magikarp
anyway re welcome to pokemoncomunity.com
hope you enjoy your stay here
*gives keys*