• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Pokemon Started

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Please correct this if it's wrong:

Part One
Pokemon started off in 1996 when Satoshi Tajiri developed two twin games, Pocket Monsters: Red and Pocket Monsters: Green. The game consisted of a complicated version of Rock-Paper-Scissors were each different pokemon had different strengths and weaknesses. You could also roam around the world and discover new places and monsters to add to your arsenal. 1000s of japanese children pulled the games off the shelves. Satoshi had another idea for a game. He had noticed that Green and Red were quite glitchy (there was more ways to get Missingno. than there was greetings) so Satoshi released a new game: Pocket Monsters: Blue. This had graphics enhanced and fixed all bugs (so he thought hehe) and people went crazy to buy them. Nintendo of America were already translating the new Blue version. Then a company who had trademarked the name "Monster in my Pocket" started complaining about the name. There needed a new one. People in Japan had already shortened the name to "Pocke mon" so the name was decided and soon Pokemon: Blue Version and Red Version hit the states' shelves. You're probably wondering how they got a Red Version when the japanese one was so buggy? Well it's simple, the Nintendo of america did some editing to Blue's wild encounter's and said it was a new game called Red. So in order to catch all 150 Pokemon you need both versions and a link cable....

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Thats pretty much it. I have also heard a lot more to the story though.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Could you add anything? I hope I did get everything in, my brain is like an unsorted cabinet...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
well I knoew that before it was released it had to go through serious name changes, as in Koffing and Weezing being Ny and La no lie. Ny being NY for New York and La being L.A. for Los Angeles being two very polluted cities.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
As you can see, it's rather limited on what it says about the history. There is plenty more that can be found. Besides, this was an enquiry, not a game.

Back