PDA

View Full Version : Oddest looking Pokemon in PBR

Shen
August 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM
What Pokemon just don't look right in PBR?
I saw a Moltres the other day, and it just doesn't look right with psuedo-real flames.

Skaterzpenguin
August 21st, 2008, 08:10 AM
The only thing that looks weird is that I had a shiny pokemon and you barely see the different colors in the game, so yeah there is nothing else to me thats weird and Moltres looks fine to me. lol =]

Shen
August 21st, 2008, 08:24 AM
I'll have you know my blue Psyduck is VERY noticable XD
Moltres looks odd because the fire doesn't seem to match the sprites...
Giratina is a bit odd looking as well. Too...shiny.

Zennerick
August 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpiconani/dpiconani168.gif Araidos is very odd. They also designed it with a lack of detail.

austin00081
August 21st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hm.
I've found that Mightyene looks off, and Delcatty looks too chubby.

kabigon
August 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM
spiritomb looks quite rediculous. It doesnt even look like a pokemon. It's just a rock with a stupid purple face coming out of it.

Sunnybeam
August 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM
Drowzee's nose is too long, and a bunch of other Pokemon move really strangely...also, the flames on Moltres/Typhlosion/Infernape/anything that has flames look really cheaply done, except for Ponyta and Rapidash.

ollieon
August 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM
scyther looks a bit blocky i find
and honchkrows animations are weird

Nashton
August 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM
all of them... i wish they spent more time on the pokemon's looks but MOST of the attack do look awesome.

Shen
August 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Gyarados's mouth looks strange too... And the body is...how to put it, too blocky to be that flexible?

Fiery Dash
August 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
I heard Mr. Mime's look in PBR is weird as well... But I don't have any idea...

Haza
August 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Charizard looks pretty stupid. Also Electivires mouth is weird to me.

Saltare.
August 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
hmm...Houndoom. It just looks to, um, undetailed. While the rest, perfect

Bludycomicsinc
September 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'd say shaymin.It looks like a chia pet.

DialgaDiamond
September 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM
I don't like it when a pokemon does a steel move, it turns silver and reflecty like. So when I used my Staraptor for Steel Wing, it looked like a flying robot...

Superjub
September 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Shiny steelix as it looks clay! Wheres the gold. And Ponyta looks strange to me, weird even....

the bitter end.
September 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
Moltres and Mightyenna, moltres is really weird with those fake flames, and Mightyenna is just odd...

Anyhow, i don't actually have a wii, this is from me watching PBR videos all day yesterday

Skip Shot
September 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
The Game Cube game sprites were better than the PBR ones... and Machop looked horrible. nothing else looked as bad, besides maybe sneasel and spiritomb.

bubblewrap
September 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Gosh, I'd have to say Spiritomb. It just looks so different next to the normal looking Pokemon.

sirboulevard
September 1st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Actually most of them were reused from Pokemon Stadium and really haven't been redone in the 10 years since. All the continuing sprites were designed to look similiar to those ones because in Gen III during Pokemon Colosseum and XD Genius Sonority cared more about getting the RPG mode finished than making new graphics for the pokes (386 new pokemon graphics could have delayed the game up to a year and at the time was a good move). Now there are so many it would be unprofitable to make new graphics for old pokes so they just make new poke sprites to match the old ones and save time and money.

As for what one i thought looked teh worst, i have to agree with Austin00081 and say that Delcatty looks to fat especiallt if you compare it with a Delcatty in the anime, which is quite slender.

Dukey
September 1st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Drowzee's nose is too long, and a bunch of other Pokemon move really strangely...also, the flames on Moltres/Typhlosion/Infernape/anything that has flames look really cheaply done, except for Ponyta and Rapidash.
Typhlosion barely has flames he only has them when he's doing a move

Peach●Pit
September 1st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Dialga looks plastic to me. :/ And Palkia does too. And don't get me started on Shaymin. Also, Darkrai looks like a black blob with smoke stuff. :/

iRawr-x
September 2nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
I think the oddest looking Pokemon is.. Steelix
Its figure looks so ewwwiee, I mean serouisly.

It looks like a silver BBQ on a stick. =D

Rich Boy Rob
September 7th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Typhlosion, no contest. I mean, is that paper sticking out his back!?

Zorua
September 7th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I'm sorry to say this...

but Rapidash. I mean, why? Why must they screw up all the cool-looking pokemon?

And the fire on Infernape's head looks so fake ._.;

squirtle rocks!
September 7th, 2008, 04:18 AM
moltres that fire looks so fake

and spiritbomb wth!:shocked:

poke-scooter-mon
September 12th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I'd say shaymin.It looks like a chia pet.

i thought it was a chia pet?

dinosaur77777hacks
September 21st, 2008, 08:29 AM
my freind says that infernape looks wierd...... but i dont think so

ZBDP
September 21st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Spiritomb.
He looks completely ridiculous.
(Well, then again he looks stupid in D/P anyway...don't hate because of this...if you disagree, fair enough...)

Sounds
September 21st, 2008, 08:48 AM
Spiritomb.
He looks completely ridiculous.
(Well, then again he looks stupid in D/P anyway...don't hate because of this...if you disagree, fair enough...)

true,spiritomb is kinda dull looking...

.Iramet
September 21st, 2008, 10:37 AM
It seems that they did a bad job of making the fire animations for the pokemon, but I have to agree with Austin00081 the mightyena does look a bit odd.

Laterna
September 21st, 2008, 11:56 AM
Personally I love seeing all of them in full 3D, totally awesome *3D cookies* there were some weird ones though, definitely, but in a good way...

I'd say, Spiritomb looks pretty weird, not what I expected, but cool all the same and Roselia appeared a lot smaller than it was portrayed in the anime O.O I think Hippowdon looks odd without all the sand (looked good in its episode though) and Camerupt looks a bit like my dad imo so that's a bit freaky XD

But, as I said before, they all look awesome none-the-less ^^

Guitar God in Training
September 30th, 2008, 05:13 AM
I don't have PBR, but if the animations are basically the same as Colloseum and XD Roselia is too annoying. I know it's supposed to be small, but it's size is just ridiculous.
At least they made up for it by making Jolteon's animations super cute.

UberChomp
October 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Spiritomb is very strange, but not in any means stupid. I think that pokemon that look strange in D/P look strange in PBR, there's no big difference.

Zetta-Chan
October 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Has anyone seen Fearow? It looks like a scrunched up piece of paper with wings!

NoBel_ToKYo ™
October 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
i think machoke looks really, really strange..

and i don't mind rayquaza's animations, as he's on my PBR team now!! mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

..anyway!!

UberChomp
October 8th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Has anyone seen Fearow? It looks like a scrunched up piece of paper with wings!

Fearow has always looked strange and bland.

Shiny-Lunatone
October 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Even though I love Lunatones, they look kind of odd.

Darkrai Lv.1000
October 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
have you seen Typhlosion?
look at his cheap back fire...
and Shaymin in that game looks like a dang Chia Pet!

Dukey
October 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM
LOL Spinda, it can't even support the weight of its own head! XD

UberChomp
October 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM
have you seen Typhlosion?
look at his cheap back fire...
and Shaymin in that game looks like a dang Chia Pet!

Shaymin looks unbelievably cute :/

Turtwigpal
October 9th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Infernape with the fire, and graveler. He looks like a dodecahedron!

UberChomp
October 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Infernape's face looks really creepy when it gets KO. He looks evil. 0_o

Niprop
October 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Bronzong looks like a paper cup with arms, and it looks like all its markings (and eyes) were painted on, Porygon2's feet have a bunch of edges on them compared to Porygon-Z's, and don't get me started with Spiritomb...

El Moss
October 20th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I think all the generations of Pokemon look different in relation to each other, I've played all of the console games so I can see that they are reused and the everchanging attention to detail, etc. between them is just silly...

Gelidice
November 4th, 2008, 08:01 AM
i hate hoe treecko looks, which is sad cuz i love treecko. :(

Godot17
November 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
i hate hoe treecko looks, which is sad cuz i love treecko. :(

I hate Pokemon Hoes too. They look disturbing.

Anyways, Typhlosion looks so... ugh, seriously! And WTF happened to Feraligatr's tongue? I'm Playing SSBB now >:(

Silhouette
November 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I think Scizor looks too much like a robot. He's too.. round shaped. I liked the sharper image of him in D/P.

fenyx4
November 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I haven't seen many PBR sprites so far, but Giratina looks so weird, as if it's gonna topple over at any second and crumble like it's made of cardboard... It doesn't look like it has any muscle or bulk to it, which it should, considering its size... :o

Ryuu Akamatsu
November 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Infernape. His flame is completely still and looks to be part of his fur. The actual flame effect makes this look way too unnatural.

solarstar
November 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Torterra looked much smaller than what the size comparison shows in the handheld games. I am at least glad that Blastoise's hydro cannons are shown throughout the entire battle and not in its shell the whole time like the earlier games.

Blizzard Master
November 14th, 2008, 03:21 PM
WoW no one has mentioned Seviper wich looks wierd adn even more when you hit it. Moltres' flames are out of shync or something, they don't match with the sprite at all. Whom else?...

Drazirak
November 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Alot of them are quite badly done, most fire pokemon have dodgy looking flames, I was quite disappointed when I first saw Infernape.

Stormer07
November 21st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hmm, I would say Moltres and Typlosion- they both look odd to me.

PonAndZi
November 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
When me and my cousin had a DS to DS battle on PBR his Rapidash used Bounce..then it was walking on air.. I'm like wth

I think Mightyena looks pretty weird..to me

Darth Chomuk
November 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
Torterra's size, to me, looks odd. I also thought Spiritomb looked weird too (even though it already was).

Zennyo Ryūō
November 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Spiritomb looks extremely bizarre.