PDA

View Full Version : Card battle subforum?

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 01:24 PM
For some people who enjoy the TCG for making and battling decks, but don't have any good oportunities to test them out, I was wondering if a subforum could be added to the trading card game area, where two people can agree to have a battle by posting their decks, and having a third party that both players approve as the judge to keep track of active pokemon status, randomizing which cards are drawn, ect.

It would be complicated, but for real TCG fans, it would be worth it.

Sparks_67
August 15th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Nice thread and that would be fun now if the mods say you could then ye i just hope i beat pogi.

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I'm talking about the pokemon TCG. It would be complex, but I have a frame of rules taking form very quickly.

Shadow
August 15th, 2004, 01:38 PM
We have something like this on mForums called the Pokemon TCG RPG forum. It is basically just a place to battle. The only difference from your idea is that it is its own forum (which I doubt PC would do) instead of a subforum. It does good, but we have few members so we haven't ahd many. I have no one to play Pokemon with around here, cards or games.

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 01:41 PM
We have something like this on mForums called the Pokemon TCG RPG forum. It is basically just a place to battle. The only difference from your idea is that it is its own forum (which I doubt PC would do) instead of a subforum. It does good, but we have few members so we haven't ahd many. I have no one to play Pokemon with around here, cards or games.

Well, I'm fairly certain that a good portion of PC members are TCG fans, so let's hope this gets approved ^.^

Still working on my first draft of rules, trying to polish out a few loopholes.

Pogiforce-14
August 15th, 2004, 02:26 PM
That sounds fun. I rarely get to use my pkemon decks anymore. But one for other cards would also be a good idea.

Arcanine
August 15th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I like the idea, I mean if it's real cards and all then it would be easy to keep track and stuff (if the judge or the other player got then card then you can go by that and if not then you can find it on a site). It would be something I would do (I got a few old decks myself and only had my brother to play).

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 03:21 PM
I like the idea, I mean if it's real cards and all then it would be easy to keep track and stuff (if the judge or the other player got then card then you can go by that and if not then you can find it on a site). It would be something I would do (I got a few old decks myself and only had my brother to play).

I'm glad you aprove, but just to make certain people are using real cards, would you know a site that actually has the cards complete with pictures so we can see the attacks?

Arcanine
August 15th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I'm glad you aprove, but just to make certain people are using real cards, would you know a site that actually has the cards complete with pictures so we can see the attacks?
Pojo, SPPF, PokSchool (but I'm not 100% sure about PokSchool). Maybe the Community sites too. There is places around for them.

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Pojo, SPPF, PokSchool (but I'm not 100% sure about PokSchool). Maybe the Community sites too. There is places around for them.

Serebii has them, just checked. I could find them on pojo other than card of the day.

EDIT: People wouldn't even have to *own* the cards, they could make an online deck :classic:

Midori Chi
August 15th, 2004, 03:42 PM
That sounds cool,why didnt some-one think of that sooner.All tho,I don't have a deck,cuz I was never really a TCG fan,just a hard core Pok'emon fan.But I could use my friends deck(if thats allowed)If so I'll play(if you make it).....all-in-all I think its a really good Idea.I give it a 9 out of 10(9/10)

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 03:44 PM
That sounds cool,why didnt some-one think of that sooner.All tho,I don't have a deck,cuz I was never really a TCG fan,just a hard core Pok'emon fan.But I could use my friends deck(if thats allowed)If so I'll play(if you make it).....all-in-all I think its a really good Idea.I give it a 9 out of 10(9/10)

Well, if you know the rules, then you can make your own deck to use on pc, serebii.net has all the cards you need, just list which ones you're using.

Midori Chi
August 15th, 2004, 04:01 PM
So I'm guessing that they made it then....Yey!,I'm so happy for you.

~Mike~

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 04:02 PM
So I'm guessing that they made it then....Yey!,I'm so happy for you.

~Mike~

No, I'm just saying that under the condition that they made it, which they haven't yet.

Kairi
August 15th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I didn’t see this earlier in the thread, so if it was already answered slap me—how do you emulate the “random” factor like coin flips and drawing cards?

Arcanine
August 15th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I didn’t see this earlier in the thread, so if it was already answered slap me—how do you emulate the “random” factor like coin flips and drawing cards?
Good Question O_o. Oh well there goes that great idea. XD

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 04:20 PM
[font=arial]I didnt see this earlier in the thread, so if it was already answered slap mehow do you emulate the random factor like con flips and drawing cards?

Simple. There are programs all over that randomize things, or you could use a set of coins, or several throws of dice to work on which cards you draw. Example.

Part of deck that has two flygons and three ranbow energies.

Flygon (33)
Flygonx2 (34)
rainbow energy (35)
rainbow energyx2 (36)
rainbow energyx3 (37)

And using the program or multiple uses of coins/dice, you would eventually reach the card that is drawn.

program method you would use it to randomize one to how ever many the deck has left, and if you get a number that's been drawn already, you try again.

Coin/dice method you would say for example "Heads, I'll choose between cards 1 through 30, tails cards 31 through 60." and go from there, if you reach a card that's already been drawn, then you re-do your LAST flip/toss.

Arcanine
August 15th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Simple. There are programs all over that randomize things, or you could use a set of coins, or several throws of dice to work on which cards you draw. Example.

Part of deck that has two flygons and three ranbow energies.

Flygon (33)
Flygonx2 (34)
rainbow energy (35)
rainbow energyx2 (36)
rainbow energyx3 (37)

And using the program or multiple uses of coins/dice, you would eventually reach the card that is drawn.

program method you would use it to randomize one to how ever many the deck has left, and if you get a number that's dwarn already, you try again.

Coin/dice method you would say for example "Heads, I'll choose between cards 1 through 30, tails cards 31 through 60." and go from there, if you reach a card that's already been drawn, then you re-do your LAST flip/toss.
What Abby is saying is how do you know the one you are playing is telling the truth? I mean some one could get tails but say they got heads to help them in the game.

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 04:24 PM
What Abby is saying is how do you know the one you are playing is telling the truth? I mean some one could get tails but say they got heads to help them in the game.

That's the next part of my plan: Official judges would have to be appointed, unless BOTH players agree to have someone who is not an official judge act as one for their battle. The judges would have to be people who have shown that they are mature and can be trusted to not cheat.

Kairi
August 15th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I see. Wouldn’t it work better though if you had a program organize two sets of 60 numbers, and that determines the draw? Like it’d give you a list of numbers, from one to sixty in a random order.

Etc. And that would be the order of your cards? A judge would do it and number the cards first to be fair.

Midori Chi
August 15th, 2004, 04:26 PM
That sounds cool,I'll play(once they make it,if they do) my friend has a lot of Pok'emon cards,I meen A LOT!

I wish some one would look at my idea

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I see. Wouldnt it work better though if you had a program organize two sets of 60 numbers, and that determines the draw? Like itd give you a list of numbers, from one to sixty in a random order.

Etc. And that would be the order of your cards? A judge would do it and number the cards first to be fair.

I think I understand what you're saying, if you have one of those programs that could randomly pick a number from 1 to 60. the coin method was if like me, you did not have one of those programs. And as I just posted above, judges would have to be people proven to be trustworthy and appointed to be a judge, unless both players agree to have an unofficial judge.

Midori Chi
August 15th, 2004, 04:30 PM
If they make it,I would like to be a judge

I wish some-one would look at my idea,its called Some-thing cool!....o well

Shiney
August 15th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I'd rather not be a judge until I get a random-number program, but after that, who knows? All I really would like as far as official involvement at this point is being credited for helping come up with some of the finer points.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, they haven't even made it.

Arcanine
August 18th, 2004, 09:14 PM
So did you work out all the bugs and stuff on how this thing will work?

Shiney
August 18th, 2004, 09:24 PM
So did you work out all the bugs and stuff on how this thing will work?

I belive so, though since I don't have access to one of those programs, I'd have to test it out with the coin method. I'd prefer to be allowed to make a thread to actually test it to be certain, but I am unnable to think of anything I've forgotten at this time.

Shiney
August 18th, 2004, 10:38 PM
I hate to double post, but I believe this deserves a post of it's own. I have found a free number generator that will allow people to make random numbers easily at http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Games/Gaming_Utilities/Random_Dice_Roller.html

And I have also created a thread in pokemon TCG forum that informs people that I am accepting an application to test this new idea.

Sparks_67
August 19th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Well very though out shiney but one question what if some people on would like to play duel monsters or mtg. Would there be a spot for them.

Shiney
August 19th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Well very though out shiney but one question what if some people on would like to play duel monsters or mtg. Would there be a spot for them.

Well, I don't know the rules to those games, so I don't know if they would work on a PC battle. But if someone else would like to convert what I've already done to other card games, that's fine with me. It would probably be a subforum in other cards.

Deoxys55
August 19th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I think they should have something like this in the Other Cars section too, because I know no one besides my neighbor who Duels, and he's usually grounded. XD

Arcanine
August 21st, 2004, 12:32 PM
So Shiney did you work everything out and test it? Because I want to beat someone on TCG. XD

Shiney
August 21st, 2004, 01:07 PM
So Shiney did you work everything out and test it? Because I want to beat someone on TCG. XD

I just made a littler error, but nothing I can't fix real quick. Both decks have been posted, and in a few minutes, I'll send both players their hands, ect.