View Full Version : Hello!

August 26th, 2008, 2:29 PM
Hm, what is there to say.

I've been a pokémon fan for ten years (its incredible to hear myself say that) now, and every bit as much into the games as I ever was. I love the lore and appeal of the pokémon world as a concept and it has always had lasting appeal for me, even when interest dwindled in my immediate circle of friends.

I play the pokémon TCG informally (I started last summer, unfortunately my deck is not up to date with the current rotation/ban list but I hope to rectify that eventually), the pokémon video-games as much as I can (Many summers have gone to additional play-throughs), and read as much pokémon manga and watch as many of the movies as I possibly can.

Trivially, I like electric pokémon, and almost always choose the fire starter. My favourites are too many to name, but right now I would say it would have to be Jolteon if I could only pick one.

Aside from the fandom, I like music (favourites include NIN, MSI, E6, Muse...), the occasional videogame (I'll let you guess my three mains in brawl, heh), and just hanging out and watching scary movies (Favourite is The Orphanage, and of course staple slashers and gross-out horrors). I'm interested in the future and reading about futurist ideas, projections and I guess you might call me a Futurist. I'm also really into the Protagonist relationships right now, and to some extent I suppose I'm a spiritual person, or open to such things.

I think thats everything. I hope to be as active as possible and enjoy my stay here. Thanks!

August 26th, 2008, 2:33 PM
Hello there and welcome to pokecommunity.
I see you put a lot of time and effort into your introduction, Thats nice.
Please read the rules and the faqs so you don't get yourself in to trouble.
Enjoy your stay.

August 26th, 2008, 2:43 PM
Hi there and welcome to PC. My name's Aiden and I love Dragons. I try and read as much of Dragons as I can and am currently waiting for the third book of the Eragon Inheritance trilogy; Brisingr to come out on the 20th September. I enjoy playing the Pokemon games but unfortunately don't have Sky or Freeview to watch the Pokemon anamie (spelling?). I have three films; Pokemon the First movie, Pokemon 2000, and Jirachi Wishmaker. I am trying to get my hands on the others but haven't been able to. On the last note, read the rules and have a great time here at PC.

August 26th, 2008, 3:28 PM
Well, that was a very nice introduction!
Very nice, Transcender, very nice.

Ten years, huh? You must have started playing right around the time that I first picked this awesome obsession up. So do tell, do you like the first generation better than the rest?
(After all, we veterans must stick together. ^.^)

Well, I can't say I'm too much into the TCG anymore, however; there was a lengthy period of time in which I was. As I'm sure you have already found out, PC has a section devoted to the Trading Card Game. I will probably find you there a lot, won't I? ;D

Electric-type Pokémon... I'm not too much of a fan, but they definitely aren't at the bottom of my list! However, your taste in starting Pokémon is spot-on with me!

Well, I'm sure you will find yourself coming here quite often once you get settled. It's a pretty addictive place.
If you ever find yourself in a mood to discuss something other than Pokémon, say some of those interests you listed up there; don't hesitate to make your way to the Off-Topic Discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25) area. It's full of all kinds of non-Pokémon related stuff that I'm sure you will enjoy!
(I suppose the community can be enjoyed no matter what you feel like discussing, really. xD)

I do hope you will become a regular member here.
You gave us such a nice introduction and I'm sure that speaks well for your character.

See you around the boards!

August 26th, 2008, 3:37 PM
Ahhh pokemon never gets old...Welcome to PC! Just chill out here and have fun!

August 26th, 2008, 3:52 PM
Such a warm (and timely) welcome!

To answer a few questions, the first-151– well, first 150 really; mew never really permeated my initial pokélife except for that one jungle/fossil/base-set, memory fails me, card –will always have a special place in my heart, but you'll find I'm much more open to the newer generation pokémon than most older fans, I think.

As far as the TCG subforum, I'm hoping to post my deck there soon!

Roy G. Biv
August 26th, 2008, 6:06 PM

That's the best introduction I've read in a while. Truly!

Welcome to PC, Transcender! I hope for you to be active here a long while!
I'm not sure if you have already, but it would be smart to check out tha rules! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723)
-hint hint-