• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Latest forum upgrade - IMPORTANT - READ THIS!

Rukario

Banned
Years
We will be updating the software that power you community in the next few days.. Here is some important information you need to be aware of:
Using Username = Password now Disallowed

In this release, users will no longer be allowed to set their username and passwords to the same value. Users who already have a password that is the same as their username will be forced to change their password on their next login.​
ALL users that have a password that is the same as or similar (as in uses part of) to their username WILL have to change it. I strongly suggest you do so NOW as you will be forced to do so once we have upgraded.

No other user-related issues are expected.

Also check out this page to hear about the new blogs features: http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Okay, now say if you have your username, but you have a different password? Will it effect logging in this forum? Do I still need to change it?

Rukario

Banned
Years
PC will be shut off (not down) during upgrade process (about 5 - 30 mins) - a normal vB maintenance update.

NO passwords need to be changed UNLESS you use your username as (part of?) your password. i.e. username: joebob password: joebob

You guys don't do that right?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Okay, phew. My password is totally different than my username. I just trying to make sure, thanks a lot. *walks away all happily*

Atomic Reactor

that would be foolish o_0
i say you do this "maintenance"
next week while im at school ^_^

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Two questions:

What day are you planning on doing this?

Are you up dating vBulleten?

Malice.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Yes, this is an update to the vBulletin forum software that powers PC.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Ah, what version are we going to?

Is the userface going to be different?

Normally maintenance updates of a version (Like 3.7.x, where x is the maintenance number)
have only bug/security fixes. So none or less features are added (normally none).

There are several template fixes with 3.7.3 but none of the templates were changed extremely.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
this is good news, a new security measure to stop people from stealing accounts and spamming the board. Thanks for the heads up! (not that it really affects me, but still good to know)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Spoiler:

I wonder if the update is over?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How do you post a blog entry? XD;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I get an access denied message. o_o

But nobody else with over 5000 posts has made a blog yet so maybe it isn't working for us?

Musaki Kidosho

0 to 60 In 4.6
Years
Exotic, I know. D: It's the free way to get a blog - and that's assuming your posts are of quality. Besides, if you're much of a regular, 5000 isn't that much of a stretch. If you're truly dedicated, surely you can gain a high number. :x

Or, you can fund us a bit extra (and by the way, you can shoot me now).
*Shoot*, is this another way to get us to pay, huh? Well I wont stand for th- I'll go get my Paypal account then :P.

Back