PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon

tomakatom
August 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Have you ever saw a shiny pokemon and what was it?

I saw a shiny paras in mt moon on Leaf green, not the best of pokemon to be shiny but i caught it anyway.

Charizard EX
August 28th, 2008, 12:42 AM
For 50 times I played Pokemon, I never saw a shiny pokemon but when I was looking for a Staryu in Emerald at Lilycove shore, A shiny Wailmer appeared!

Banjora Marxvile
August 28th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I was really unlucky. In the Battle Pike in Emerald, I went through a wrong door and it was a room with wild pokemon. In the Pike, you can't catch pokemon, so what did I encounter? A shiny Dusclops

Angelic Diablo
August 28th, 2008, 01:25 AM
My first shiny pokemon was a Spheal in Ruby, I didn't even realise it was shiny I just thought it was cute so I caught it.

Go my now Stallrein (evolved on D/P so it has Ice Body)

That same file (Ruby) I also got a shiny Wingull

M O M U S U
August 28th, 2008, 09:09 AM
The first and only shiny Pokemon I've ever seen was a Weedle.

What a waste.

Totod!le
August 28th, 2008, 09:44 AM
The only random encounter shiny I ever found on R/S/E/FR/LG was an Exeggcute on LG when I was looking for a Kangaskhan.

Skaterzpenguin
August 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Oh gosh I probably caught at least 4 shinies in firered or leafgreen and like 3 of them in sapphire version and 1 in emerald. I guess i'm lucky expecially with my shiny charmander! XD

hothead
August 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
My first ever one was a marill in emerald it was green and i was like how cute so i caught it

Braeden23000
August 28th, 2008, 02:29 PM
The only shiny i ever saw was in Emerald in meteor falls, a shiny zubat, I would have caught it, but i hate zubat and his evos, even shiny ones.

Avey
August 28th, 2008, 02:35 PM

I saw a shiny paras in mt moon on Leaf green, not the best of pokemon to be shiny but i caught it anyway.

I've encountered two shiny Pokemon in my Advance Generation games; the first being a Zubat in a tunnel in my Firered version. Naturally, I was devastated to find out I had no Poke Balls left. The second time I ran into a shiny Pokemon was in my Leafgreen version. I was fishing for a Krabby up where you used to be able to find Missingno. with the Blue and Red versions and I started battling a silver Staryu. Thankfully, I caught the shiny that time and it now resides in my Diamond version.

Red1530
August 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I was really unlucky. In the Battle Pike in Emerald, I went through a wrong door and it was a room with wild pokemon. In the Pike, you can't catch pokemon, so what did I encounter? A shiny DusclopsOuch, thats got to sucks. A while ago I caught a shiny Sandshrew on my Sapphire version.

Lee Jin Tyz
August 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
ha all of you are lucky i have never seen a shiny pokemon im my entire life of pokemon gaming. its just my unfortuante luck

MM_Zero
August 28th, 2008, 05:46 PM
In firered, I found a shiny ponyta on my way back from catching moltres, which is now a rapidash in my pearl. I also saw a shiny shellder in crystal while training through fishing, but my only ultra ball failed >=(.

pm_41
August 28th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I once found a Shiny Onix in LeafGreen. However, I was out of PokeBalls... :(

Ramengan
August 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
In FR, I caught a shiny Rattata really early in the game. I've insisted that it remain on my main team simply because of that. :D
My friend recently caught a shiny Pidgey in his FR.

All of the other shinies I've found are in Gold, but eh.

Shinies are pretty much the reason I always stock up on ridiculous amounts of Pokeballs, no matter where I am in the game.

Jubilation
August 29th, 2008, 01:59 AM
I've seen afew in my time; I've seen: Manetric, Sharpedo, Tailow, Butterfree & Cascoon

Braeden23000
August 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I just found a shiny shuppet a few minutes ago, it used curse and killed itself, i was so mad...

Arrmegedden
August 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I found 3.

Sapphire . Oddish -_-

leafgreen. Pigey -_-

Ruby . wingul :)

Why whenever i find shineys its always the weak ones.

Peach●Pit
August 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I only ever found a shiny in Gold, it was a shiny sentret. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM
In Leaf Green I came across a Shiny Muk and captured it. I still haven't Pal Park'd it over to Pearl and I'm debating whether to do so.

(Dusty<3)
August 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I found a cute greenish Kingler not too long ago! (Am I weird for thinkig that they are cute? o.o )
AND I found a shiny Ralts in Emerald, shiny Dusclops in Ruby, and a shiny Feebas in Saphire. Now it is a shiny Gardevoir and Milotic!
<3

.emerald
August 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I saw 7 shiny Pokemon in my whole,entire gaming Pokemon career.
SR'd Kecleon(Emerald)
Shiny Poocheyena(Emerald)
Shiny Tentacool(Emerald)
Shiny Poliwag(Fire Red)
Shiny Geodude(Red)
Shiny Starly(Diamond)
SR'd Chimchar(Diamond)

I guess its by luck...

shiney hunter
August 29th, 2008, 08:17 PM
i just caught a shiney ralts today. =)

iRawr-x
August 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Well, In LeafGreen.. I don't quite remember but I think my first one was a .. Shiny Pikachu.
and..
I got my shiny Mewtwo. =D

Shiun Enshidia
August 30th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Lemme See...
Leaf Green: I came across a Shiny Oynx in Victory Road. Caught it, got out of Victory Road, saved and the file corrupted to the point just before. So I lost it.

I came across a Shiny Pidgey as well on Three Island I think. Had ONE Ultra Ball left, caught it
I came across a Shiny Ditto while looking for Suicine of a friends Fire Red. We lost it

In D/P I've found a Rattata and Pachirisu shiny by Pokeradin'.
Plus the Shiny Gyrados. So...6 in total, 3 of which i caught. One of which I can't find (I can't find my LG) so I'm stuck with 2. Interestingly, never found one on my Sapphire, on second playthrough now.

~DarkAchu~
August 30th, 2008, 03:48 AM
My first shiny encounter was a shiny carvana, i didnt catch it becuase i didnt need a water type lol, my second and last was shiny charmander when i kept starting my game over and over again lol

BlueEew
August 30th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Never ever found a shiny on my Sapphire, 2 copies of Ruby, 3 copies of FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald. Actually I have two copies of Diamond, and one Pearl and I haven't found on on them either.

The only legit shiny I have ever got was Gyarados from Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Sonickebab
August 30th, 2008, 07:08 AM
The only random encounter shiny I ever found on R/S/E/FR/LG was an Exeggcute on LG when I was looking for a Kangaskhan.

Me too but on FR, I later evolved it now its a red exeguttor.

Tinhead Bruce
August 30th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I played emerald ALL the way through 4 times and never once got a shiny. I didn't even know shinies existed until I joined PC

But I did get a shiny noctowl once in Diamond with the pokeradar

shiney hunter
August 30th, 2008, 07:15 AM
the only two shinies i ever caught were the garydos from g/s/c and a ralts i caught yesterday in sapphire =D.

Duuuarte
August 30th, 2008, 08:29 AM
i've been playing pokemon sice RB were released, and i have never ever ecountered one.

Edit: Unless you count the shiny garydos in g/s/c

Tinhead Bruce
August 30th, 2008, 08:36 AM
That's right! There was the gyarados in g/s/c. Funny; I have it right next to me, and yet I haven't played it in years. I really need to start playing it again.

halcyonXlll
August 30th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Shiny Hariyama in Ruby(Whirlwinded me), and Shiny Registeel in Sapphire.
I SRed for the Registeel, but it was still a random 1/8192 encounter anyways. My luck in 3rd gen games has been terribly sucky :c

Braeden23000
August 30th, 2008, 10:31 PM
A shiny slugma appeared! :D

EDIT - My first caught shiny, i caught with a great ball!

Dratii
August 31st, 2008, 01:48 AM
I have only ever found a shiny hoppit. Which was black and looked weird.

Dark Sakurati
August 31st, 2008, 02:25 AM
In Emerald or it might of been Sapphire anyways In the safari zone I found a shiny oddish it was a darker greenish colour (look liked it was dieing) I tried to catch him but he got away oh well doesent matter it's just 1 little oddish .</p>
I've got loads of shinys here is a list of them:
-CHARIZARD -BLACK -FIRE RED
-BLASTOSE -LIGHT BLUE GREEN SHELL -LEAF GREEN
-GROUNDON -GOLDEN -EMERALD
-KYORGE -PINK -RUBY
-RAYQAUZA -BLACK -EMERALD
-ARNOTH -CAN'T REMEMBER -EMERALD
-LILEEP -CAN'T REMEMBER -EMERALD
-DITTO -BLUE -EMERALD
-MANY MORE...... -MORE MORE MORE!
I caught those all, cool huh yeah well it took a long time.
Starters I got at the begining of Fire Red and Leaf green.

bye bye

Shen
August 31st, 2008, 03:02 AM
I have :

A shiny Pikachu from FR which became part of my main team (I didn't even notice it was a shiny till my friend saw it as a Raichu...I really should've guessed what those stars meant).
A shiny Psyduck from FR (blue Psyduck ftw)
TWO shiny Oddish from FR (traded one)
A shiny Growlithe from Pearl (I was SO happy about this)
and a shiny Slowbro from a friend.
I think I may have more, but that's all I can remember...

Guitar God in Training
August 31st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Gamehacker64, it's kind of ironic that you've got more legit random encounter shinies than most people on here :D

First shiny I ever found was a pidgey on Silver.. before getting my first pokeballs.

In 3rd Gen I got
Whismur in Ruby
Magneton and Ghastly in Fire Red
Bannette and Rayquaza in Emerald

The Magneton is now gone since I deleted the save file to start over.
So far Sapphire and Pearl have not given me any shinies and apart from Rayquaza, my shinies don't look much different than the normal ones and have terrible natures.

Penumbra
August 31st, 2008, 12:17 PM
LOL THAT SUCKS. AHAH BEFORE FIRST POKEBALLS. (Above)

Only one in FR. I was training my newly evolved clefable and I thought "great another common spearow. Oh well, i'm about to level up" and then a little sparkle. Caught within a few seconds..

It's now in my Pokemon Ranch fluttering about as a fearow. The PokeRadar ignored me and didn't do it's job. Through GTS I got some hacked shnies. Shiny Swampert over different forums + Shiny charizard. Kinda funny how I got the charizard.

I was uberly bored and I hated my weak charizard, so I traded it over wi-fi and wanted a level 50+. I come back, level 50 shiny charizard. gwah gwah gwah!11!

Blazers
August 31st, 2008, 01:16 PM
I have encountered a few shinies

1st one was Pokemon Gold version; Zubat
2nd Pokemon Ruby; Wurmple
3rd Pokemon Ruby; Whishmur
4th Pokemon Ruby; Numel

Lynnx
August 31st, 2008, 02:21 PM
I've only encountered one wild shiny, which was a male, LV 19 Goldeen in the Safari Zone. I threw a ball at it, but it ran on the first turn. D:

Dark Mystery
August 31st, 2008, 02:23 PM
My first shiny pokemon was a shiny tangela, then a shiny spinda, and then a shiny latias and then i saved my game in front of shaymin and kept restarting until it was shiny!

Duskfall
September 1st, 2008, 04:58 PM
It was in Pokemon LeafGreen. I had a Masterball on me, saving it for Suicune. I'm on Two Island, saving Lostelle. She says there's a scary Pokemon, and a lvl30 Hypno jumps out. Guess what? It's freakin' pink!

I neraly jumped out of the chair. After that, I just chucked a Masterball at it and imported it to Diamond ASAP.

varial295
September 1st, 2008, 06:20 PM
onl shiny i ever got was a ryhorn wich was red but went to orange when it evolved it was in leaf green my first game on the sevii islands i was amazed

bubblewrap
September 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
I found a shiny in my friends Pearl while pointlessly running around. Blue Ponyta! I quickly traded it to my Diamond and she still doesn't know to this day.:P

Oh, Yeah! And that Red Gyarados from G/S/C!

Evilyn
September 2nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I saw a Shiny Sandshrew in that ashy area in Emerald. I didn't catch it though 'cause I didn't have any Pokéballs with me :l
Now I have always atleast 100 Pokéballs with me XD

Revise Librarian
September 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM
In FR I found a shiny Venonat.

True Justice
September 7th, 2008, 06:48 AM
In LeafGreen, I found a shiny Caterpie while searching for Entei above Cerulean. It took two Ultra Balls to catch. The next day, while training that shiny Caterpie (now a Buterfree) in Victory Road, I run into a shiny Geodude. I couldn't decide whether to use Stun Spore to prevent it from Self-Destructing or throw an Ultra Ball. So I chucked an Ultra Ball and I caught it.

More recently in Sapphire, I soft resetted for 2 hours and got a shiny Mudkip.

elmo534
September 12th, 2008, 10:56 AM
i have never found one in over 200 hours of gameplay:/ bummer

Infamous Amos
September 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Once caught a shiny Weezing and a shiny Unown (L) on the same day. Also caught every Unown that day... That was a good day for me ^_^

Conor
September 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I saw a shiny bellsprout today but i killed it by accident lol (n)

e-MeR
September 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Shiny Beedrill I caught.I was happy at that time. ^^

Kozoi
September 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I've never had a shiny because i epicly fail.

Tanooki
September 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I have about... ZERO shiny Pokemon. Aren't I cool? xD

To be honest, I very rarely ever see them, so it amazes me how people manage to catch about 10-20 of them, when I think I've seen about maybe five in my entire life. The last one I've caught was a shiny Phanpy in Silver version. Yeah, it's been that long. =P

Ehwick
September 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Ahh the first time I ever played A pokemon game that had shiny's was in emerald so I started to just train my mudkip and then I found a Ralts and I checked to see what it was on serebii and read that it was a psychc pokemon and I noticed there was two different colors of him and I had the blue one and thought it was cool so I caught it. Ive never seen another one...

pokemon9901
September 13th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I came across a shiny Rayquaza in Emerald and now it is in Diamond...and i also came across an shiny starly (which is staraptor now) in diamond...

MoogleTime
September 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM
came across only 1 shiny from the 9 years ive played pokemon

a tentacool, horrible

mrpwnageisme
September 15th, 2008, 05:24 PM
ok i got a sjhiny raquaza on ruby i was doing the raguaza event and wen i battled it was shiny lucky me

ChamsRock
September 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
My only shiny was... a Magikarp the first time I played Silver. The bad thing is, It was level 29 when I encountered the red Gyrados in Lake of Rage. I fail horribly.

PKDante
September 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I found a Shiny abra in Gold version

All the rest were on ruby:
2 shiny whismur,
Shiny Electrike
Shiny Zubat and shiny Golbat which I found in back to back fights!

I chained on Diamond and got 2 shiny Ditto from the chain, then my game froze and I lost them :(

Jubilation
September 18th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I caught a shiny Ghastly last week

Asday
September 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I don't have friends, so I've seen as many shinies as I've caught.

A Zubat on FireRed. Not evolving, gonna get one of each pokémon, shiny and normal. Ain't going well, so far. Kinda hampered by the huge unpopularity of pokémon over here, and aforementioned lack of friends, but I'll get by.

Yoshimi
September 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
i remember seeing 4 shiny pokemon(excluding gyarados in gold).

1:ruby
I was playing my brothers ruby and i encountered a shiny wurmple.
I was excited, so i caught it.

2:ruby(same one)
I was searching the route with the day care for half an hour for a volbeat, when a shiny roselia just popped up on me.

3:firered(rom)
I was searching for a larvitar in sevault canyon when a shiny marowak revealed itself.I caught it because it was glorious in its lizard green skin.

4:firered
My friend was playing his Firered when he came upon a shiny tentacool.
sadly, he had no pokeballs so i got really angry at him.

Thats about all. I had more, but they were on hacks.
I'll post when i have more shinies.

twilight guardian
September 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
The very first shiny I encountered was a purple Wurmple (lol)in Sapphire. Unfortunately the batteries were dieing so at the time I had started a temporary file until the batteries died and was battling pokemon before my battle with Ruby/Brandon. I had to kill it.

After that, I caught a shiny Zangoose. I also have a Shiny Onyx that I got on DP from a trade. I also have a shiny Crobat from a Zubat. I actually have 2 if you count the one on my XP game. But that one is green and not black for some strange reason.

EvilMuffinKate
September 20th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I've only seen/caught 2.

1.) Tentacool/LVL. 5
2.) Magikarp/LVL. 10

:/ how disappointing

FinalMaster
September 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM
The only shiny I have ever seen was a Tentacool. I caught it and now it's a shiny Tentacruel at a level somewhere above 40. (I found him in my ruby version)

mischief4545
September 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
The only shiny I ever caught was a medicham in victory road on ruby..........
wish I had a shiny kyogre.......

Annuhh5
September 21st, 2008, 10:07 PM
I've had a few but m most recent one was a few days ago, I caught a shiny Zigzagoon
:)

Mikau1
September 22nd, 2008, 01:39 AM
ive seen a shiny zubat in gold. it wasnt great but still caught it.

and red garydos lol. part of the plot

and most weird of all is... ive train a trapinch, when it evolve it turn into a shiny vibrava, but then when it evolve to flygon it return back normal

BeelzemontZero
September 23rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
we found Shiny Ponyta in FireRead,forget where we exaclty find it

lordbahamut
September 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
I saw a shiny Ekans once and caught it, thought it was in Silver version. I don't remember seeing a shiny pokémon in the GBA versions. I guess I was just unlucky. *shrugs*

Ehwick
September 23rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
About 20 minutes ago I caught a shiny Abra while searching for my Latios I used my Masterball and now catching Latios will be alot harder.... but hey I love Abras..

Zaia Katora
September 24th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I have seen and captured a shiny Chansey, a shiny Fearow, and a shiny Horsea (it's a Seadra now).

hotmic 1998
September 27th, 2008, 11:45 PM
i have a shiny mew lv91 yay for me

+Golden Weavile+
September 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM
My First Shiny Encounter Was A Rayquaza
Unfortunetly Back then i thought it was a bad glitch so i restarted my game
(IM SO RETARDED!!)

蜃気楼
September 28th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I didn't get any Shinies because I didn't played for hundreds of hours

thethethethe
September 28th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I didn't get any Shinies because I didn't played for hundreds of hours

You don't have to play for hundreds of hours, you just need to be extremely lucky.
The only shiny Pokemon I've encountered that wasn't preset to be shiny was a Shiny Swablu I caught in Pokemon Emerald.

Lith
September 28th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Ive had a large share of shinys in my games...
In D/P/Pt Ive used other means....chaining and such...
In Emerald 2 (I have 2,see?) I have about 5 shinys...
From the top of my head they are...Luvdisc (Orange), Gyradose (Red), oddish (Fully green) and....hmm...

Goku GT
September 28th, 2008, 01:48 AM
i found a shiny garydos in gold ahah lol 8)

Flaps
September 28th, 2008, 03:44 AM
My very first shiny was Caterpie in pokemon gold I Fainted it by accident
Then In ruby I saw a shiny shroomish but killed it by accident
In Leafgreen I saw a shiny Rattata, I caught it and evolved it to a Raticate
In emerald I saw a shiny Smeargle and caught it and a shiny Seviper but it was in THE BATTLE PYRAMID!!! I was SOOO SAD!!!
And Ive yet to see one in diamond.

aaronburnsyou
September 28th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Let's see, all the shinies I've ever seen/caught:

GSC:
-Raticate
-Hoothoot (got away, because I couldn't use pokeballs yet)
-Oddish (nothing to catch with)
-Krabby (evolved)
-Gyarados (obligatory shiny)
-Cleffa (Crystal egg, also obligatory shiny, and fully evolved)
-Graveler (evolved)
-Nidoran F (fully evolved)

Sapphire:
-Zigzagoon
-Banette (I was so stoked, Banette is one of my favorites)
-Golbat (actually, two in the same save file, and turned pink when evolved)

Fire Red:
-Rattata
-Metapod (evolved, obviously)

Emerald:
-Numel (evolved)

Obe3
September 28th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I only ever found a shiny in Gold, it was a shiny sentret. XD

i found the same...I was confused at first why it was colored funny but looked it up.

Now i'm sad i only found a sentret...hopefully I find something a little cooler through the games

Suzume
September 29th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I've only found shinies in my Silver, even though I have played Crystal the longest. I was just lucky in Silver, but now the internal battery has died so I don't have any shinies anymore... The two shinies I found in Silver were Drowzee (purple) and Rhyhorn. (almost same color?) I didn't train them or anything, but it was cool to have them. :P

ChibiVamp
September 30th, 2008, 05:00 AM
i caught a shiny tentacool and a shiny oddish in ruby. the bellosom i evolved was super-cute :D

Sirrush
October 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
i've played the games plenty in my time and the only shiny i have ever found is the one u always get in G/S/C lol

my lil brother bought his gold used though and when he got it it had a shiny murkrow on it.

that's it though.

don't own Fr/Lg, Emerald or D/P :/

Daniel A.
October 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
In Pokemon D/P, I saw a shiny meditite out of randomness and thought it was a cool glitch so I caught it..

True Reign
October 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Now that I think about it, I remember that I saw a shiny Wurmple in Emerald, but accidently fainted it. I didn't want it anyways.. Just wanted to catch it because my friend wanted it (at the time we were both playing at his house, so we were looking over each others shoulders to see everything we were doing).

Ehwick
October 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM
W00t!! Yes I just hatched a Shiny Smeargle.

~Azure-
October 2nd, 2008, 12:31 AM
well here it goes:

RSE:
Poochyena (friends game) caught it! (Pal Parked to my Diamond)
Houdour (friends game) ran O.o
1st Battle Shiny Poochyena no pokeballs...

~Edit~
Wish i had a shiny Houndour...
Go to my Thread if you want to trade for it

Bonzai-Cat
October 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Ruby, I caught a Blue Numel

and in Cerulian Cave I caught a Bronze Machoke in Leaf Green

EvilMuffinKate
October 4th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Well I just caught a Shiny Duskull ^___^

pumpkinziggy
October 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
The first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Poochyena on Emerald. However, I was about 8 back then, and didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was, or its value. So, I restarted the file. ;_;
The next one was about a year later, when I encountered a shiny Bellsprout on LeafGreen, east of Celadon. I caught it, since I had learned about shinies now, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I deleted the file... I just don't know.
Then, a year ago, I found a shiny Sandshrew on the same game, west of Cerulean City. I have now migrated it to Diamond, and plan to evolve it.
In August, I was playing Diamond, chaining Tauros, and on the third Tauros, I found a shiny patch. Then I encountered a shiny Tauros. I caught him, and named him Lemon-Lime, after his colors.
Only a month later, I was EV training my Gible, randomly encountering wild Pokemon, when I found a shiny Shinx. I caught her and named her Nefertiti. :)
That's it! I'll probably post again when I find another shiny Pokemon.
Right now, I'm aiming for a shiny Pidgey, Zigzagoon, or Surskit on Diamond. Too bad they only come in swarms...

.Iramet
October 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah the first ever shiny I encountered was in pokemon crystal, it was a rhyhorn, but when I was young I had no idea about shinies so I thought I was seeing things when it sparkled, and I ran, I found out about this a few weeks ago and was devastated.
:/

pokemew
October 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
i ve had a lot of shinies and got them all except ponyta i would have caught it but i didnt know they were that rare so i thought i would get more which i did

shiny charmander
shiny bulbasaur
shiny sneasel
shiny beldum
shiny roselia
shiny swablu
shiny dratini
shiny eevee
shiny riolu
shiny larvitar
shiny gible
all currently reside in my diamond game
im very lucky when it comes to shinies

Pokemonmaster540
October 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Lucky.I only ever got the Gyarados in G/S/C.Pretty cool about the paras.=(

IcyByte
October 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
A shiny Koffing on my Silver game! I will always remember that day...

"Lolwtf? *kills*"

Ninja Caterpie
October 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Haha! I found I shiny Seaking just yesterday in the Safari Zone while looking for Dratini! Cool, huh?

Ravecat
October 8th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Graveller and two Tentacools.

⋚Raika⋚
October 8th, 2008, 06:33 AM
the only shiny i have encountered is a shiny tailow in emerald which is green in colour and evolved into a green swellow x3

Clouddyl
October 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I've seen about 6, but never caught one, i always seem to be tired and needing to be somwhere, saw a whismur and a zubat both shiny in rusturf tunnel, and i think i saw a numel, but i ran before i realied each time, so, so gutted :'(

Mikau1
October 11th, 2008, 05:52 AM
i got 1 but it probably sound fake.
i used to have a pokemon emerald, japanese version. i got a normal trapinch and when it evolve to a vibrava, it was a shiny vibrava. a red one. once it evolve agained it turn back to a normal flygon not shiny. but i really have 1.

i dont really expect you guys 2 believe in me but it really did happen and im positive about it. if anyone kno y it turn out like that please tell me

ExtremeDarkness
October 11th, 2008, 07:47 AM
i have never seen a shiny in emerald. but i probobaly could.

Brien
October 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I was using my friend's saphire to get a ludicolo for a team i was bulding,

He said I should breed him a decent Lotad while Im at it.

Of course, I told him I would get the first one and he would get the second one...

Mine was shiny ^^ they are so cool when they are red tbh :D

Kamakazai
October 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
i got 1 but it probably sound fake.
i used to have a pokemon emerald, japanese version. i got a normal trapinch and when it evolve to a vibrava, it was a shiny vibrava. a red one. once it evolve agained it turn back to a normal flygon not shiny. but i really have 1.

i dont really expect you guys 2 believe in me but it really did happen and im positive about it. if anyone kno y it turn out like that please tell me

I've heard of this happening before. If the Emerald you have was used when you got it, there probable used a hacking device like gameshark on it. Useing hacking devices can accualy rewrite the program permently even when its not what it was intendid for. Its also possible that you have a pokemon emerald rom hack that make vibrave shiny for no apparant reason.

~Frozen Darkness~
October 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Okay, so I was just experimenting with the Arceus event with my AR( I don't do anything with the Arceus ) so I battled one in the Hall of Origin. Guess what. It was shiny on the first try! I didn't even use the shiny code! I just decided to toss a luxury ball at it for the heck of it, and before I knew it, it captured Arceus! I guess I'm really lucky.

Mikau1
October 11th, 2008, 09:05 AM
well, i played my emerald on the actual gba handheld console so i dont think that it would be hacked

Kamakazai
October 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
well i don't really know then

Blaine's Best Student
October 11th, 2008, 01:58 PM
without cheating Ive seen three shinies in my lifetime, 1st was on crystal it was a shiny ditto, the second time was on fire red and it was a zubat, and the third time was on ruby and it was a whishmr

Azonic
October 12th, 2008, 05:04 AM
I've caught a shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone. It was a dull pink. :3

Unfortunately, I accidentally saved over my data and now that Rhyhorn is gone. ;_;

tailsrules80
October 12th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I found a shiny unown (i) on pokemon firered. Used pal-park to put it on pokemon pearl

Never seen any other shiny pokemon though >_<

Bonzai-Cat
October 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Just today I had a strange coincidence with my Poke'mon Leaf green game.
Last night I had some strange dream I was playing my pokemon game (yeah you know your a nerd when) and I dreamed I caught a Shiny Red Gyrados that for some reason was slightly stronger than regular Gyrados and it knew Dragons Claw, Fire Blast, thunderwave and I forget the last one.

Anways I forget the rest of the dream but the coincidence is this morning I was playing my game and I was training my Starmie in Victory cave and I ran into another Shiny Machoke. O_O

p.s. I caught the Machoke

Lalapizzame
October 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well I did catch a Shiny Wurmple, it was erm ugly. Very very ugly, and the only reason I was catching it, was because I restarted my game. That was because I drained my old save file of the strong pokes and basically made all the pokemon remaining look so weak.

So really, I hated the Wurmple but it was like the only Shiny poke I had, besides this one Magikarp, which was Modest nature. ._.

Xenart
October 20th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I was raising a Totodile in Firered (no not a hack trade from emerald for completing pokedex) so anyways While I was raising it, I had come across a shiny Spearow and I didn't have any pokeballs so I couldn't catch it. So lesson learned here, is always have pokeballs with you.

smellybellysrock
October 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM
first shiny was a zubat
second was a shiny sneasel

then to my bad luck i found....... a shiny delibird without any pokeballs. i was ready to toss my ds at the wall and hang off the telephone wires till i blow up.

Dragonking_ShinyElite
October 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
I'm trying to find a shiny Poochyena. Been looking on Route 103 as it appears more often in sapphire. I would try Emerald but I haven't gotten a shiny out of it in over 3 years.

eing15
October 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Mi first pokémon shiny was a duskull, and I catched it! :)

After that, I see more, ratata, pidgey,zubat, ryhorn...etc
But I never see/catch one pokémon legenday shiny :(

yuki3056
October 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM
In sapphire i was hunting for a bagon and kept getting golbats and the first bagon i saw was a shiny one i was so excited i threw my master ball at it and had to trade the one from emerald to catch latias lol

Hikari Ven
October 27th, 2008, 06:23 PM
My shinies are in my signature. I've been SRing for shiny Lileep in Emerald, the one that gave me my second shiny Torchic(the first is now a Blaziken). Also have several other targets in various games, but no shinies yet.

Dukey
October 27th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Shiny Shuppet outside Safari zone in Sapphire, oh and in Ruby when I battled Poochyena when he was attacking the prof IT WAS SHINY!!! I was pissed as hell

Daemon6
October 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM
First shiny i ever got was a poochyena in emerald.
I was trying to AVOID the grass but there was a part
where i had to. i wasn't expecting that.

Barney.
October 28th, 2008, 03:33 AM
On the GBA Versions I've only had 2 shinies:

1. Shiny tentacool (Evolved into tentacruel) on my LG I was just surfing and I found one, wasn't trying.
2. Shiny Zubat on my Saphirre, Again just in a cave (Can't remember which) and found one.

----------------
Listening to: Hot Chip - Out at the Pictures (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hot+chip/track/out+at+the+pictures) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Hawkfish
October 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I only saw one shiny a Nidoran and I didn't catch it on accident. Blame Safari zone. And back then I was a n00b and didn't know what a shiny was also. I might have put a little more effort in catching it.

Kozoi
October 29th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Uhm on FR/LG/E/R/S/ Ive had no luck, i can chain shinies on D/P though.

I've got loads of shinies on D/P.

Once on silver i also found a shiny unown which was blue i think... i freaked and ran like a newb.

maxx unlimited
November 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
A Gastly in Leafgreen and a Hairyama in Emerald.

JezzaRules
November 7th, 2008, 02:01 AM
In Fire Red, I found a shiny Weedle which I evolved into a Beedrill. That was on GBA.

In Emerald, the only shiny I cheated for is an Eevee for the lolz (I only used the cheat to encounter Eevee but not the shiny cheat however *since I dont have it*.)
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/JezzaRules/PapaEevee.jpg
I had like 5 other normal eevees that I evolved into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon and Umbreon respectively =D.

Vuallum
November 8th, 2008, 12:10 AM
One time I was taking a challenge from another forum, I encountered a Shiny Hariyama, luckily I had a sleeping pokemon in the lead so it was caught.
More recently on my Ruby, I was searching for Latios on the route north of slateport, doing the encounter 5 pokemon then enter bike house and exit repeat method, first I got a shiny electrike and was like "WTF?" and managed to catch it, and continued the search. Two more repeats of the method later a green minun appears, and I go "wow, hax" and catch it.

So, I have 3 3rd gen shinies, and they're all Hoenn pokes :P Didn't end up getting that Latios from Ruby yet though.

~Darklight~
November 8th, 2008, 12:28 AM
pokemon gold a shiny lugia : D i didn,t now that it was shiny until now ...
ruby shiny rayqeuza it killed itself -_-

h POKE
November 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I once found a shiny spinda....
needless to say a horrid waste of a shiny

Slin
November 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
yesterday I got a shiny Baltoy =)

TwilightBlade
November 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Pics are worth a thousand words? (http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh85/ShiningAngelX/)

I have 4 shinies from the third gen. They are Poochyena, Pidgey, Lugia, and Ho-oh. I'm too lazy to talk about them, so read the info on my account if you care.

Currently I'm (casually 8D) hunting for:
FireRed - Articuno
Emerald - Cyndaquil

Vernikova
November 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
A shiny Spinda I found somewhere near Fallarbor. I caught it and never used it again.

.Eevee-Chan
November 9th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I found a shiny Oddish in my Sapphire,Sharpedo(omg purple! XDD),and a Poocheyna in the beginning of the game,but i didn't catch it because it was before the Pokedex T.T

shinyursaring
November 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Never have I encountered a shiny Pokemon :(

Synx
November 9th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Shiny Onix
It owned :)
And a Shiny Gyrados
I wanna see more :(

KadabraK
November 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I caught a shiny zubat earlier, it was in Team Aqua's cave :D

The warden
November 10th, 2008, 01:19 AM
My brothers got a shiney tentacool and a friend has got a shiney lv100 crobat but i have no shines.

♣Gawain♣
November 10th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Mine shiny is....

Mightyena
Milotic
Flygon
Rhyhorn
Zubat
All in my Emerald. Most recent is Zubat.

In my pearl....

Starly
Ralts
Finneon
Steelix(WTF?!)

The most recent is Steelix in Victory Road.

Y.AshKetchum
November 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
the oonly shiny pokemon ive seen is Ditto on Diamond and Regigigas On Diamond

Stormer07
November 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I have lottsa shinys, but only ever seen a shiny pelliper in the wild!

Braeden23000
November 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I recently found a shiny Absol, but I ran out of balls, as i had only 3 pokeballs and 2 great balls with me at that time, other shinys i found were slugma and zubat. Im looking for a shiny electrike.

lmfaomarie
November 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Hmm. I saw a shiny Wingull and a shiny....Makuhita. =D Caught em both hehe.

Noisuf Ekop 993
November 11th, 2008, 08:54 AM
My first shiny was a Swablu in Emerald. It is now an Altaria (which, btw, looks kick-ass in shiny form).

I encountered another, but when do I encounter it? The safari zone. Of course, my luck..... It was a Zatu. Damn you safari balls.....

Black Dunsparce
November 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Quick question, and I apologize if it has already been mentioned or answered:
Can you find, or have ever found a Black shiny pokemon? Because I would love to get me a black dunsparce!

Sorry for double posting, but the forum won't allow me to edit my post so...
I caught a shiny blue Girafarig in Crystal in Lake of Rage. Caught a shiny purple Spheal in Ruby and just shall a shiny green Espeon held by the first set of Twin Trainers in the Battle Tower in Double Team Mode. I really wish I had an Action Replay instead of a GameShark so I could had caught that Espeon in LeafGreen.

starryday
November 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I have a shiny Cacnea. Not the most interesting thing but it's something.