PDA

View Full Version : staying up a little too late at night

~Night
August 30th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I've been awake for 34 hours and 3 minutes strait and so far I haven't gotten tired at all. Is something wrong with me?
(oh, and I seem more squirmy in my seat[usually I can just easily sit still, but for some reason I can't]has this happened to anyone else before?)

MyLittleShop
August 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
ADRENALINE IS PUMPING THROUGH YOUR VEINS.

Moi.
August 30th, 2008, 04:11 PM
HAHA adrenaline its probably cos youve sat at your pc alot of the day and not done any exercise, sugars make you fidget and its good to, or youll get fat.

I sugest going to bed rofl, and then go to the gym maybe.

Guillermo
August 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
That is a bit weird. 34 hours with NO sleep? dude that is crazy! I suggest at least TRYING to get to sleep as even though you may not feel tired, you still could be!

Spinor
August 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Adrenaline, sugar, and Insomnia. Probly a 3 shot combo. Try being sugar free today. Drink some Tea, get a massage, relax and go to sleep. If thoughts race trough your head all the time, it will be hard without a doc or Psycitrist

Moi.
August 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well said AdvanceK9 you just told him he was crazy and in need of a phsyciatrist, lol just kidding.

get a day of sleep and relax

Chibi-chan
August 30th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Whenever I stay up for hours past when I should, the next day feels like every other day. It's the day after that. On the second day, I can't even concentrate and start to does.

So, you might feel it later on if not immediately.

the bitter end.
August 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Happens to me all the time, my internal clock thinks its time to be up and about at midnight and half-sleeps during the day.

Comic Tragedy
August 30th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Drank to many Red Bulls aye? Tssk, tssk. Anywho, I am just assuming you whent crazy on energy drinks. When I drink a Red Bull I can stay up for a LONG time. ( crazy sleepovers ftw). But like Chibi-chan has said it is the second day that you will crash in burn so....... watch out xD

Virtual Chatot
August 30th, 2008, 07:16 PM
If you don't sleep now, you'll shut down sooner or later.

Master Jecht
August 30th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Ya i know that feeling. I have stayed up for more than a day. You should try to get some sleep as soon as possible. Try taking a warm shower then going to bed that is supposed to help with sleeping. When I finally fell asleep after staying up so much, I slept for like 20 hours so just a heads up.

22sa
August 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
That's not too bad, I guess. Try not to go over 2 days and DEFINITELY no more then 3 days. It's very dangerous, you might just collapse anywhere and get injured. xD

Spinor
August 30th, 2008, 07:44 PM
That's not too bad, I guess. Try not to go over 2 days and DEFINITELY no more then 3 days. It's very dangerous, you might just collapse anywhere and get injured. xD

Actually, you don'y get injured by sleep or faint collapsations in the floor. Just in the stairs. However. You WILL get killed if you surpass one week. Not because of sleep, oh no. But because your hallucinations will make you do something stupid.

Cassino
August 30th, 2008, 09:41 PM
They say eating makes you restless, but I find I get to sleep much easier on a full stomach. So, if you haven't already tried eating three sandwiches before giving bed another go, do so. :D

Master Electrician
August 30th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Eating a little can make you restless, but a heavy meal can make you just pass out. That'd be the real reason behind the post-Thanksgiving nap for the other Yanks on the board.

Otherwise, when I was doing that kind of thing last year, a single Sudafed (regular, not the non-drowsy) was a Godsend.

Megera
August 30th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Try drinking a glass of milk then reading a good book while in bed. If after an hour you find the book to be TOO good and enthralling, read a non-fiction book you don't give a rat's ass about (for me it'd be like a biography on most people or a mystery novel).

If you can't sleep by tonight, try wearing yourself out tomorrow via running around the block. Don't do it at night though, since it increases your adrenaline.

Hope this helps!

Miyukii
August 30th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Gah. Just when I thought I take long to get to sleep, woah. Um, just try and read a book for a while, it always works. Or spread your hair out on the pillow and do this sort of tickle. (Well I call it a tickle) Just get the tips of your fingers (not fingernails) and run them up and down your arms. It makes me feel relaxed. Then, shut your eyes and just relax and think about something like what you're going to do tomorow.

Hope this helps. Or, if you really can't get to sleep I heard you can have something to make you get to sleep faster and it's not a drug.

Hiidoran
August 31st, 2008, 12:34 AM
Staying up for extended hours is all part of the job of being an internet junkie such as myself, and I assume you as well. I really don't hit my peak of "posting goodness" until I have been awake for about 15 hours. I don't know why, but I just sound completely absurd if I type before then. :o

If you do want to sleep, may I suggest watching CNN?
It doesn't work for me as I like politics, however; many people find the monotonous voices of the speakers to be irresistibly sleep-inducing. It's worth a shot, right?

Patchy
August 31st, 2008, 01:47 AM
I can never sleep either. Here's what I do:

Have something to eat.
Have something to drink, hot chocolate helps you to sleep, iirc.
Don't open your eyes unless you need to, most people fall asleep after seven minutes.

Poke Trainer Gary
August 31st, 2008, 02:16 AM
I won't even be able to stand if I am not sleeping for 2 days, not 2 day, if I don't sleep for atleast 1 day I will faint for sure. I am young and I don't have the power to be sleepless. I am a sportsperson, even though I can't stay like that.

Just a random question, you seriously were awake in your computer for 34 hours? Man, that is gonna hurt your eyes for sure.

Sora_8920
August 31st, 2008, 04:23 AM
Well, I drank coffee late one time and I stayed up until only 5:00, so o_o. I can't stay up that long, so meh. :D But yeah, it was only for one night, so I guess that's kinda moot.

I suggest trying to do some of the things aforementioned.

eleven
August 31st, 2008, 04:49 AM
I do this all the time myself. The most resent all nighter was last night, and then I fell asleep at 3PM the next day.
What happens is you actually go past the tired point at some point. That's what could of happened to you.

~Night
August 31st, 2008, 08:36 AM
in total, I was awake for 37 hours and 40 minutes
oh, and last night I was asleep for 12 hours(a good nights sleep)
Drank to many Red Bulls aye? Tssk, tssk. Anywho, I am just assuming you whent crazy on energy drinks. When I drink a Red Bull I can stay up for a LONG time. ( crazy sleepovers ftw). But like Chibi-chan has said it is the second day that you will crash in burn so....... watch out xD
I don't usually drink energy drinks, besides caffine and suger makes me sleep(I just skip the suger rush), so I guess it was a good thing that last night I drank soda, besides, I'm still a kid so I can't drink that stuff

Actually, you don'y get injured by sleep or faint collapsations in the floor. Just in the stairs. However. You WILL get killed if you surpass one week. Not because of sleep, oh no. But because your hallucinations will make you do something stupid.
Yah, that's what my brother said that, but he didn't know how long you until you died

They say eating makes you restless, but I find I get to sleep much easier on a full stomach. So, if you haven't already tried eating three sandwiches before giving bed another go, do so. :D
eating just makes me want to eat more, and then I never want any healthy foods at dinner. When I'm hungry, I'll even eat my mom's broccoli, it looks and tastes like charcoal!
oh yah, I also think my stomach has betrayed me(I no longer get hungry *cries*)

Try drinking a glass of milk then reading a good book while in bed. If after an hour you find the book to be TOO good and enthralling, read a non-fiction book you don't give a rat's ass about (for me it'd be like a biography on most people or a mystery novel).

If you can't sleep by tonight, try wearing yourself out tomorrow via running around the block. Don't do it at night though, since it increases your adrenaline.

Hope this helps!
If I drink too much milk, then it gives me the same side effects that it does for people who are lactose intallerent, about half the people in my family are lactose intallerent, and my mom is still trying to figure out if I have any food sensitivities
I've read all the books I have and I'm going on some sort of book strike because whenever I go out to buy a new book, nothing good is ever there! But there are, I think, two books that are coming out soon that I REALLY want

Gah. Just when I thought I take long to get to sleep, woah. Um, just try and read a book for a while, it always works. Or spread your hair out on the pillow and do this sort of tickle. (Well I call it a tickle) Just get the tips of your fingers (not fingernails) and run them up and down your arms. It makes me feel relaxed. Then, shut your eyes and just relax and think about something like what you're going to do tomorow.

Hope this helps. Or, if you really can't get to sleep I heard you can have something to make you get to sleep faster and it's not a drug.
my hair feels hard and scratchy right now, but that DOES work when it feels its usual silky self
oh, and my friend has some tea flavor that helps you go to sleep, that might be what you're talking about

Staying up for extended hours is all part of the job of being an internet junkie such as myself, and I assume you as well. I really don't hit my peak of "posting goodness" until I have been awake for about 15 hours. I don't know why, but I just sound completely absurd if I type before then. :o

If you do want to sleep, may I suggest watching CNN?
It doesn't work for me as I like politics, however; many people find the monotonous voices of the speakers to be irresistibly sleep-inducing. It's worth a shot, right?
I can be interested in almost any type of TV show or book, so either I'll just keep watching and watching, or I'll get so frustrated that I go blind(only for a few seconds, though) but I'll keep that in mind for the next time this happens(which might be years from now, but I'll try to remember to watch a boring TV show, even if it might not be boring after all. . .I know! I'll the sports channel[sorry all you sports fans, but it's not because I don't like watching sports, I just don't like watching sports on TV, I'll go to the actual game any time])

I can never sleep either. Here's what I do:

Have something to eat.
Have something to drink, hot chocolate helps you to sleep, iirc.
Don't open your eyes unless you need to, most people fall asleep after seven minutes.
Mmm. . .something to eat. . .
unfortununtly, my body just wont let me eat as much as I usually do, my mom said it was because of the medicine I'm taking, but I never thought it'd beable to make me eat as little as I am right now(thankfully, my mom told me that I should be back to normal after about a week a few days ago, so I think that means I'll start eating normally on Tuesday)

I won't even be able to stand if I am not sleeping for 2 days, not 2 day, if I don't sleep for atleast 1 day I will faint for sure. I am young and I don't have the power to be sleepless. I am a sportsperson, even though I can't stay like that.

Just a random question, you seriously were awake in your computer for 34 hours? Man, that is gonna hurt your eyes for sure.
I'm only 12, the last time I stayed up for over 24 hours was when I was 4 years old, but that was because. . .well. . .it's a long story
I wasn't on the computer all that time(seriously, do you know how boring it can get? Besides, it wouldn't hurt because I can easily close my eyes when I'm typing or listening to something.

I do this all the time myself. The most resent all nighter was last night, and then I fell asleep at 3PM the next day.
What happens is you actually go past the tired point at some point. That's what could of happened to you.
that DOES sound logical, because there was this one point that I felt tired, but it was only for a little while, not enough to make me fall asleep, but it was there, and then before I knew it, it was 6 o'clock in the morning, and I didn't even bother to go to sleep because my parents would probably wake me up at. . .probably 9 o'clock. . .so I just stayed awake. My mom said that I looked tired, but I didn't feel tired at all

Well anyways, the good thing was that I finally fell asleep last night