PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

Pages : 1 [2]

Shadows
November 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I've decided purple will be a Johto Rival,(If we add Johto) Either way, he will be in beta 2.

fireking220
December 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'll be happy to proofread maps for u and get rid of bugs if I can. I just played ur demo and noticed a couple of flaws in the maps.

Seadiga
December 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM
No offence or any thing but James's hair looks alot like oaks.
Will lugia be obtanible in this

Shadows
December 2nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'll be happy to proofread maps for u and get rid of bugs if I can. I just played ur demo and noticed a couple of flaws in the maps.
Those errors are most likely gone, and I already have beta testers.
I have no need for someone to proofread my maps.
No offence or any thing but James's hair looks alot like oaks.
Will lugia be obtanible in this
1)James's hair needs to be palette edited.
2)Most likely, yes.

Konekodemon
December 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
are you later on going to do that thing where when you enter a battle instead of Pikachu popping out of a Pokeball it just jumps on screen screaming,"Pika!" like what the GBC Yellow did it

Shadows
December 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Do you mean the intro scene?
That probably won't be inserted.

Surf
December 3rd, 2008, 03:52 AM
Ya know what
I know how you can do the pikachu script
ask Yunghove!!!!!

Shadows
December 3rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yunghove won't tell me anything...
Originally he was going to, but then he got banned a lot...

Anyways, I'll probably update this when I have the time, if there is anything to update....
If I ever get a new computer(I share this comp. with the rest of my family), I'll probably start hacking more often.

I'm planning to extend the beta's features, so the wait will be even longer.

Anyways, heres a quick update. I'm hoping to get the titlescreen similar to this,but with a better background. For now it's just a crappy paint-made banner.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5614/bnnrgw3.png
(Created by Shadows)

Dukey
December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hmm.. you need to use an enter key...

It seems good, a yellow hack would do pretty well I guess

machomuu
December 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Do you mean the intro scene?
That probably won't be inserted.
No, she means whenever you used Pikachu in battle, when the special Pikachu that follows you around came out of the pokeball, he would say: Pika! Now it is possible if you make a special pikachu out of the 25 empty spaces and give it a cry that says: Pika!

KyGon
December 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
looks amazing, don't give up on it!! also, i like the OWs except for James, cause he needs purple hair. other than that, great work!!

Konekodemon
December 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
yea that, but I also meant that you don't throw it out of the ball, it just jumps on screen like it's already out of the ball before the battle

Shadows
December 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
yea that, but I also meant that you don't throw it out of the ball, it just jumps on screen like it's already out of the ball before the battle
That could be changed by changing the backsprite, but I don't want to.
What if Pikachu isn't in your party?
looks amazing, don't give up on it!! also, i like the OWs except for James, cause he needs purple hair. other than that, great work!!
I don't like James's hair either, but I can't palette edit in paint :(.

poke_lova
December 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM
this looks really good so far. good luck on improving even more!

miksy91
December 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
A good hack you've made. Best part this far where I've played is that when team rocket attacked. That fun fun to see ! :D

Gundam-Fighter
December 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Sup. I was wondering if you needed any help for anything at all?

Shadows
December 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Sup. I was wondering if you needed any help for anything at all?
Not right at the moment.
A good hack you've made. Best part this far where I've played is that when team rocket attacked. That fun fun to see ! :D
I'm glad you had fun!
this looks really good so far. good luck on improving even more!
Thanks for the support!

Okay, I think there may be updates soon.
I want this hack not just to be little changes from Firered, so I'll be adding more features besides the extra rivals.

KillaEstevez
December 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM
This looks sweet man nice job! How far can I go in this?

Shadows
December 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Cerulean City, after the Gym battle.

Konekodemon
December 11th, 2008, 03:29 AM
cool, I can't wait for the next beta to be released, your doing a great job

linkinpark187
December 11th, 2008, 03:44 AM
for palette editing, try GIMP. it's a great open source program. also, here's a tutorial for palette editing in GIMP:

http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/resources/palettes/howto.html

enjoy! :D

killik123
December 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I wished nintendo would remake this game for a console like gamecube or sumthing cause i really hated the pokemons after 150. Pokemon colloseums are just gay, i prefer a 3d pokemon yellow remake.

Anyway where abouts are you working on now? Have you got past the town with safari zone yet?

Shadows
December 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I wished nintendo would remake this game for a console like gamecube or sumthing cause i really hated the pokemons after 150. Pokemon colloseums are just gay, i prefer a 3d pokemon yellow remake.

Anyway where abouts are you working on now? Have you got past the town with safari zone yet?
I'm adding some events, fixing glitchtes, etc...
I'm past Fuchisa City, but I may go backwards to add/edit some things.

nct28th
December 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I could help with the map im fast and good

Shadows
December 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Sorry, but I don't need help with mapping.

killik123
December 19th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Cool, u've got really far into it. I cant wait till this is released.

Konekodemon
December 20th, 2008, 01:20 AM
it would make it more like a yellow remake if you used the opening from yellow for this,, you know the opening before you get to the title screen, would be cool, to use the yellow opening

pokefreak2
December 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
i can't wait till b1 b2 and finished game

Shadows
December 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM
i can't wait till b1 b2 and finished game
There may be less or more beta's then that, and I want beta 1 to be a great beta, with no bugs, and great gameplay. I wouldn't want to wait either!

it would make it more like a yellow remake if you used the opening from yellow for this,, you know the opening before you get to the title screen, would be cool, to use the yellow opening
If possible, the opening(or a new one) will be added, but that is not one of my primary goals.

Cool, u've got really far into it. I cant wait till this is released.
Thanks for the support! I don't think I've done enough yet. Seeing how I'm very busy, little/nothing is being done.

linkinpark187
December 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
i never did get a reply...did what i posted help you out any? just curious. it's definitely a great idea, though. now if you could only find someone to script the walking Pikachu...no, i'm not volunteering, either. the only thing i can really do is map, and even that i haven't done in over a year (though i can come up with some creative maps, lol).

good luck to you, though. :D

Shadows
December 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
I did download it, but I didn't get a chance to use it yet.
I currently need no help with the hack, and I'll probably put pikachu on your shoulder/back.

wolverfrog
December 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
The following pikachu one should be easy enough to script, just make it so you are constantly stepping on script tiles that makes a pikachu sprite walk one step behind you/to the side/above. Ask a more expert hacker on the details, or other ways this could be accomplished.

linkinpark187
December 24th, 2008, 07:17 AM
i think the Pikachu on the Back/Shoulder could be interesting, and a bit more true to the anime. good luck, Shadows! :D

nadjim
December 24th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Good luck for your project he has the promising air...

cloudffvii2696
December 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM
looks good, I started a yellow remake a while back, was going to work on it until i found this. looks like you beat me to it :P

Konekodemon
December 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I know someone who might be able, to do the Walking Pikachu problem, he's an expect when it comes to computers, he is Rii's friend, the user Rii on here, she has a friend that may be able to help with the Pikachu following you part, and even make it be able to make noises when it talks to you, I'll ask Rii and see if she can get him to do it

Shadows
December 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I know someone who might be able, to do the Walking Pikachu problem, he's an expect when it comes to computers, he is Rii's friend, the user Rii on here, she has a friend that may be able to help with the Pikachu following you part, and even make it be able to make noises when it talks to you, I'll ask Rii and see if she can get him to do it
That would be a great help!
Contact me if you or Rii's friend could help.

looks good, I started a yellow remake a while back, was going to work on it until i found this. looks like you beat me to it :P
That doesn't mean you should stop.

Good luck for your project he has the promising air...
Thanks for the support!

i think the Pikachu on the Back/Shoulder could be interesting, and a bit more true to the anime. good luck, Shadows! :D
Well, thats all I can do for the Pikachu following you thing at the moment.

The following pikachu one should be easy enough to script, just make it so you are constantly stepping on script tiles that makes a pikachu sprite walk one step behind you/to the side/above. Ask a more expert hacker on the details, or other ways this could be accomplished.
That would take waaay to much space, and someone who knows a lot of advanced scripting(maybe even some ASM).
I could script, but I don't know ASM.

MsBroccoli
December 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but where does this go up to?

nerDE
December 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I have also wanted to make a yellow remake but stopped do to lack of hacking experience on the whole pikachu follows you around thing. I would love to kelp in any way.

dwnxo1
December 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
or you could do it with ups if u can figure out how

Konekodemon
December 26th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Rii said she'd ask him this weekend

Shadows
December 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, but where does this go up to?
After you battle misty, its over.

I have also wanted to make a yellow remake but stopped do to lack of hacking experience on the whole pikachu follows you around thing. I would love to kelp in any way.
Well, so many people have said they quit their yellow remakes when they saw this one, thats not a reason to quit. I don't think people should quit a remake because someone else already started one.

or you could do it with ups if u can figure out how
That's only If I have to extend my roms's space.

Rii said she'd ask him this weekend
Thats great news! I hope we could get Pikachu following you to work!

CelebiKing123
December 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Super cool hack dude hopefully this yellow remake wil catually get finished lol. :D

minchan
December 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
For some reason, my VBA stops after the intro animation... Like it doesn't go to the push start screen... Any idea why?

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I really like the idea that you are redoing the Yellow version. Good luck.

Shadows
December 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I'm gonna take a few month-vacation from hacking, so I'll get this closed.

Ausaudriel
December 28th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Closed upon the request of the Hack owner. :3

Thrace
January 25th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thread reopened upon Shadow's request.

xXleaftechXx
January 26th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I like this hack its one of my favourite ones i hope you finish it and all the luck and i see you reopened the thread Congratulations!!!

Shadows
January 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM
There's just a few major events left to script, a few finishing touches to add, and the beta will be ready for testing.

protovad
January 26th, 2009, 06:56 PM
if you need help pm me im still a begginer but i csan map and i can sprite i use advance map and overworld if thats okay

add-damo
February 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
hey hey there. newby here lol. this game is lookin really good. as an older generation pokemon gamer (now goin on 23) this is something i was surprised they ner released so to have it come to a rom form its ganna kick ass...

I was playin the demo lastnight and thought it was really good. i think that pikachu should just be on your back/sholder but even every now and then if pikachu follows you, like inside houses and in the safari zone. just a thought.

cant wait to see some more progress. great work ;)

EDIT* oh and also insted of doing Johto, how about doing the orange islands? its soemthign that was never put in the legit games and it would work well i think

Shadows
February 8th, 2009, 11:29 AM
hey hey there. newby here lol. this game is lookin really good. as an older generation pokemon gamer (now goin on 23) this is something i was surprised they ner released so to have it come to a rom form its ganna kick ass...

I was playin the demo lastnight and thought it was really good. i think that pikachu should just be on your back/sholder but even every now and then if pikachu follows you, like inside houses and in the safari zone. just a thought.

cant wait to see some more progress. great work ;)

EDIT* oh and also instead of doing Johto, how about doing the orange islands? its something that was never put in the legit games and it would work well i think
I'm not really familiar with the Orange Islands, if it was only in the TV shows, thats why. I've only played Pokemon games.

Alright, now back to buisness:

I was about to script the last few events today, and I realized I completely forgot how to script.
I'm going to read a few tuts and hopefully I learn how to script again.

kend09g
February 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM
this game would be awsome if pikachu was behind you/follows you

Shadows
February 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry for my inactivity. I have an untested beta ready but I will not be releasing it anytime soon for my own reasons. Sorry but you guys will have to wait a while before the beta goes public.(Or even gets tested)

sean888
February 14th, 2009, 12:17 AM
hmm... after reading the some of the posts it sounds like your having trouble making pikachu follow.... soo i was thinking couldnt you take the old script from pokemon yellow special pikachu eddition and just modify it a little... ( im not a good hacker soo plz dont get pissed with my reply )

poopydude
February 18th, 2009, 02:02 PM
how far does the demo go up to which town????

KnilShadowLink
February 22nd, 2009, 01:07 AM
>.> I was gonna make a Pokemon Lighting Yellow I had actually started workin on it, I'm not gonna stop, I'm just gonna make it a private game *sighs* I shoulda worked sooner...oh well, anyways good luck on the hack

Nearsighted king of Ice
February 22nd, 2009, 02:13 AM
how about the name golden spark

or the name yellow streak or golden shock

Shadows
February 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
how about the name golden spark

or the name yellow streak or golden shock
Name was decided months ago, a little to late.
>.> I was gonna make a Pokemon Lighting Yellow I had actually started workin on it, I'm not gonna stop, I'm just gonna make it a private game *sighs* I shoulda worked sooner...oh well, anyways good luck on the hack
Just change the name, and make it public!
how far does the demo go up to which town????
After you battle misty in cerulean, it's over.

Jesterns
February 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
On mine all the Sprites/tiles are undercolored

Shadows
February 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Can I see a screenshot, please?
I don't understand how they could be under colored.

m311or
February 28th, 2009, 06:01 AM
it sounds better

how do you download it

Shadows
March 1st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Click here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42942&d=1222216870) to download the .ips patch for the demo.

Jesterns
March 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
here is one sorry for the delay I didn't have I-net
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2214/pokemonlightningyellow.png
The person is over brightened and the grass switches colors

Shadows
March 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
I fixed the OW pallets, but the grass has not been changed yet.
That's normal, don't worry.

MessiahForHire
March 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
Heh, I started playing this and I like it. I'm not even through Viridian Forest but I can't wait to see a final product.
But I did notice a couple wierd things, though I don't know if you've fixed them or not. The first is that there is half of a tree just as you leave Viridian City to go up to Route 2, and the second is that the tree that can be cut right near the guy who gives you the Teachy TV moved: the path there got wider and the tree is on the bottom, with the potion up and to the left of it.
(Sorry about the lack of screenshots, but since I have less than 15 posts, I apparantly can't post links, sorry. I do have them, though.)

Shadows
March 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
I am aware of most of the errors in the demo.
I have the day off of school today, and hope to get beta 1 releasedtested today.

I'm going to try to add extra features if I can.

Jesterns
March 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Also take out the pidgotto out of viridian, it's to strong for new players

ben92
March 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
dun take out the pidgeotto so its exactly like the classic yellow version

Shadows
March 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
It's a rare encounter from the original, so I will be keeping it.

TDZ
March 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Cool hack, I'll wait what you have in store next ;D

macdaddymario
March 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
i just want to say one thing... you are my hero. i've been looking for someone o be doing a yellow "remake" and here one is.. so thank you. i've read through the entire post and its nice to see that you have had so many ups and downs from a technically pov... (im no hacker mind you.. tho it would be nice) it gives you a chance to look back and see how much better you have become at hacking from when you first started the project.

I've seen tons of people ask "when will it be released" and instead of asking you that im just going to assume that it'll be soon, and instead ask something that i dont think i saw (if it was asked im sorry and you can just ignore the question) but how far will the beta run up to? will it cover the whole game, or will some of it still be missing?

in any event, good luck with the project.. and keep up the amazing work :D

Shadows
March 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
i just want to say one thing... you are my hero. i've been looking for someone o be doing a yellow "remake" and here one is.. so thank you. i've read through the entire post and its nice to see that you have had so many ups and downs from a technically pov... (im no hacker mind you.. tho it would be nice) it gives you a chance to look back and see how much better you have become at hacking from when you first started the project.

I've seen tons of people ask "when will it be released" and instead of asking you that im just going to assume that it'll be soon, and instead ask something that i dont think i saw (if it was asked im sorry and you can just ignore the question) but how far will the beta run up to? will it cover the whole game, or will some of it still be missing?

in any event, good luck with the project.. and keep up the amazing work :D
Thanks!
I'm glad that you like the hack.
I already have a beta ready, I just don't want to release it. I want it to be better, so I'm working on it more.

macdaddymario
March 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM
o great :D cant wait to play it.. was there a post back there somewhere about how far it'll go? will it span all 8 gyms? or is it just going to be a few of them? (if your not releasing information about it i apologize)

Shadows
March 7th, 2009, 06:56 AM
All 8 Kanto Gyms from Pokemon Yellow will be available, thats all I'll say.

macdaddymario
March 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
thats awesome, you didnt have to say anymore then that (not that you had to say anything to begin with) :D again thanks and cant wait to play it

SilverLink
March 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
This game seems fun! I look forward to it! And looks amazing! The Jessie and James sprite could be improved....

Ash987
March 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Will you change this over to a DS hack when possible? You could use the Amity Square script to walk Pikachu (maybe).

pillsburydoughboy25
March 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
You've probably already noticed this, but you should take wild Pikachus out of Viridian Forest, and anywhere else he/she shows up. You could only get one in Yellow. :)

Shadows
March 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Fixing bugs, beta should be out in a month.

Kentai
March 15th, 2009, 03:32 AM
man was I into pkmn yellow. It was so... awsome xD
The whole different concept of having a pokémon following you all over the game was so much fun.

I really hope you can remake that, it would be so cool!
I can't wait to play it!

sy,
Kentai

jAvAcOlA
March 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
hmm... after reading the some of the posts it sounds like your having trouble making pikachu follow.... soo i was thinking couldnt you take the old script from pokemon yellow special pikachu eddition and just modify it a little... ( im not a good hacker soo plz dont get pissed with my reply )

That's what I was wondering. If gameboy color managed it...how hard could it really be?

Shadows
March 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
That's what I was wondering. If gameboy color managed it...how hard could it really be?

Thats like taking a human foot and putting it on a hamster. They aren't compatible.

jAvAcOlA
March 15th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thats like taking a human foot and putting it on a hamster. They aren't compatible.

That's not what I meant. People were saying in this thread that it's nearly impossible...so I'm wondering how a crappy(by today's standards) game from 10 years ago can do it if it's so hard?

Shadows
March 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
They are two completely different games, and Nintendo coded pokemon yellow differently then the gba games.

lolwut
March 19th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hmm... Confusing.. I guess the lightning yellow hack i have on my ipod must be retarded lol. This ones awesome, good work. The one on my ipod is exactly the same as fire red but you get pikachu at the beginning, gary gets eevee and then theres a couple of other minor changes. I gotta get this one somehow

Shadows
March 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM
I have given up on making Pikachu follow you.
I may hack D/P/Pt after I finish this hack(and a few more after this) and it will be possible on a DS rom.
So, Pikachu will not follow you in this remake.

At the moment, I'm working on ways of making Pikachu more interactive in the game.
Examples:
- Pikachu comes out of Pokeball at PKMN Center(Will take a few days)
- At random times, pikachu comes out of the pokeball to talk. (Will take a few days)
- Still gotta think of more.

Chimchar 9
March 21st, 2009, 02:28 PM
I don't nkow if anybody had mentioned this but, why don't you just edit the ash ow but with pickachu behind him, then that way he follows you all the time.
i don't know if it will work, but still it is an idea.

Buizel 9 ~

Shadows
March 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
The OWs are too small, and I don't like having it on your back or your head.

Chimchar 9
March 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
The OWs are too small, and I don't like having it on your back or your head.
Im sure you can expand the box, try having a look on DJG's Tut i think that will help.

Buizel 9 ~

Shadows
March 21st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Try expanding the player ow's and they will turn invisible.
You can't repoint the Player OW offset.

Chimchar 9
March 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Try expanding the player ow's and they will turn invisible.
You can't repoint the Player OW offset.
Well did you see the video DJG made with the hO-Oh, so you must be able to do it.

Buizel 9 ~

Shadows
March 22nd, 2009, 04:23 AM
Thats a R/S/E Rom, and that might make the difference.

Chimchar 9
March 22nd, 2009, 04:40 AM
Thats a R/S/E Rom, and that might make the difference.
Hmm... yeah good point.
But anyway i'll still think of more ideas for you.;)

Buizel 9 ~

poddish
March 22nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
I have a few ideas:

1.flying pikachu fakemon: hard to get, but it has higher stats and can learn additional moves.

2.missingno: sure they weren't in yellow, but fr/lg didn't have them so why not?

3. rebattle gym leaders: why not? emerald did it

4.the random trainers have 2nd gen and 3rd gen pokemon, as do the gym leaders when you rebattle them

5.the "intro battle" (the one before the title screen: nidorino vs gengar) will have pikachu vs. eevee

6.huge under ground area with groudon at the end (late in the game because its a LONG way through

7.ALL 1st+3rd gen fossils avalible and able to be revived

8.when you get to newbark town, elm gives you one of the johto starters

9.events for the legendary birds unlike r/b/y/fr/lg where you just find and talk to them

10.In viridian forest, after the pokemon league, you have a small chance of mew being there, as an invisible, randomly placed overworld sprite

11.remixes from other rpg games (like final fantasy, paper mario, mario and luigi, super mario rpg, other pokemon games, etc.)

12. an event involving a shiny pokemon

AuraGuardianLeader
March 23rd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Now this is exciting! If you're not too busy, could you send me the message with the link when you finish your first beta? Thanks! :nervous:

Bastoonet
March 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
The Game looks great! I hope tha the game will come soon properly...

And I also prfer 'Yellow Voltage' than lightning yellow

Bigdog
March 26th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I have given up on making Pikachu follow you.
I may hack D/P/Pt after I finish this hack(and a few more after this) and it will be possible on a DS rom.
So, Pikachu will not follow you in this remake.

At the moment, I'm working on ways of making Pikachu more interactive in the game.
Examples:
- Pikachu comes out of Pokeball at PKMN Center(Will take a few days)
- At random times, pikachu comes out of the pokeball to talk. (Will take a few days)
- Still gotta think of more.

Just edit the OW's of ash to include pikachu. No scripting required.

Ozzy
March 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I like Pikachu Voltage as a name.

Why not.

jAvAcOlA
March 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Just edit the OW's of ash to include pikachu. No scripting required.

What if you put him in the PC?

~Undefined~
March 27th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I like Pikachu Voltage as a name.

Why not.
Firered is the remake of red. Leafgreen is the remake of green. So the remake of yellow should include yellow in it.

WolfMagi
March 27th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hi, how can this be open rom Lightning Yellow?
Sorry because of English spelling errors.

Z1Dude
March 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hi! I'm new to this, I just downloaded the demo and I have a question... How do I open it? I'm usually a wiz with these things but I'm pretty clueless. Thanks!

Z1

Also, Pikachu following you, I'm all for it. That to me, was a highlight of the game for GBC. :3:

Shadows
March 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
The name of this hack has been decided and will not change.
If you want a yellow remake with a different name, make one yourself.
Hello like this one opens Lightning Yellow rome?

I'm sorry, I don't understand:(.
Hi! I'm new to this, I just downloaded the demo and I have a question... How do I open it? I'm usually a wiz with these things but I'm pretty clueless. Thanks!

Z1

Also, Pikachu following you, I'm all for it. That to me, was a highlight of the game for GBC. :3:
Pikachu won't follow you in this hack, sorry.
And to get the hack to work, read this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2228252#post2228252).

Bigdog
March 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
What if you put him in the PC?

Good point. That's where I think scripting would go for that. Unless somone can make Pikachu permanently stay in the party , this would be pointless.

Red
March 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Well, this is pretty interesting. I wonder if you'll finish the hack in all of our dust. What I see so far only looks okay. Well, keep trying and maybe something will come of it.

X_CiEnCe
March 31st, 2009, 05:28 AM
Wow the hack looks good
but you dont use the
script of applymovement
(can you understand my?
T_T)
the pikachu follow you

xxxbyrdxxx
April 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
*warning: nub question*

I beat misty, and now I'm kinda stuck...where is cut >.>.

also. i noticed that you can't go into the pokemart in peuter. unless i was walking into a wall that looked like a door.

Z1Dude
April 3rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
do yo have any recent updates for download?'ve been playing your demo and so far so good.

Shadows
April 4th, 2009, 07:15 AM
do yo have any recent updates for download?'ve been playing your demo and so far so good.
There hasn't been any other releases, sorry.
*warning: nub question*

I beat misty, and now I'm kinda stuck...where is cut >.>.

also. i noticed that you can't go into the pokemart in peuter. unless i was walking into a wall that looked like a door.
That is the end of the demo, and did you use a clean rom?

Wow the hack looks good
but you dont use the
script of applymovement
(can you understand my?
T_T)
the pikachu follow you
That won't work.
Learn how to script, and you'll see why.

Well, this is pretty interesting. I wonder if you'll finish the hack in all of our dust. What I see so far only looks okay. Well, keep trying and maybe something will come of it.
I'll try my best to finish it.

poddish
April 4th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Well I saw the 1st post and it said you might include Johto in the 1st beta, well can you hold off on that till beta 2? The hack is great so far. On another subject, what are you doing with those 25 ?? pokemon? Are you going to use them as fakemon, use them for trainer faces (like in ruby destiny life of gardians), or are you just going to let them sit there and take up (a small amount of) space? Also, are you going to add new items over the multiple "blank" ??????? items? Will you make special optional events that only happen if you have Pikachu with you? Like,I don't know, maybe an event where the rockets try to steal pikachu, and while they're escaping they leave something behind that eventually leads to you stopping them from catching mewtwo, and you end up catching it yourself

Shadows
April 5th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Well I saw the 1st post and it said you might include Johto in the 1st beta, well can you hold off on that till beta 2? The hack is great so far. On another subject, what are you doing with those 25 ?? pokemon? Are you going to use them as fakemon, use them for trainer faces (like in ruby destiny life of gardians), or are you just going to let them sit there and take up (a small amount of) space? Also, are you going to add new items over the multiple "blank" ??????? items? Will you make special optional events that only happen if you have Pikachu with you? Like,I don't know, maybe an event where the rockets try to steal pikachu, and while they're escaping they leave something behind that eventually leads to you stopping them from catching mewtwo, and you end up catching it yourself

One of them is going to be A surfing Pikachu, I don't really have a need for any of the rest.

jAvAcOlA
April 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
You should do something with the SS Anne truck.

BTW: If you're gonna add another region, it should be Hoenn and not Johto. For one Hoenn and Kanto go together(same time frame) and there's already hacks that include Kanto and Johto.

poddish
April 5th, 2009, 04:11 PM
You should do something with the SS Anne truck.

BTW: If you're gonna add another region, it should be Hoenn and not Johto. For one Hoenn and Kanto go together(same time frame) and there's already hacks that include Kanto and Johto.

I think the reason he's doing johto is that:

It's right next to kanto

Hoenn is bigger than kanto and johto (individually) so there's not enough fly spots

Ruby and Sapphire were he worst (in many people's opinion) pokemon games so far.

Johto is the most popular official region, and you gotta follow the crowd

If he uses Hoenn, he'd either have to make new characters, or explain why they went all the way to Hoenn at the same time as the player

Johto was the second region introduced in the games, so why would a remake of a 1st gen game skip a region that is older than one that is included?

Also, you could make a flying pikachu fakemon in addition to the surfing one.
Will you use the gs beta maps in johto?
Will there be minigames?
Will some of the Sevii islands be in if you have enough space left?
Can you upload some videos of the next beta to youtube, and give us your yt user name?

jAvAcOlA
April 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Ruby and Sapphire were he worst (in many people's opinion) pokemon games so far.
Nah...that goes to Diamond and Pearl.

If he uses Hoenn, he'd either have to make new characters, or explain why they went all the way to Hoenn at the same time as the player
Not really. Gary is the only one who would have to come along.

Johto was the second region introduced in the games, so why would a remake of a 1st gen game skip a region that is older than one that is included? Neither region was in the 1st gen...so what's the difference? Besides, it's not older. R/S took place during the same time as R/B.

~Undefined~
April 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but Gold/Silver/Crystal were a million times better than Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
I think that Shadows should stick with Johto, screw Hoenn.

yeshi160
April 11th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Looks cool keep up the good hacking!

kingfurgill
April 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
cant wait for his hack.
it's very nice, please, do not cancel it!

Shadows
April 20th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I won't, but this will be my last hack.

To be honest I haven't touched the rom in weeks.

manga_meijin2
April 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hey Shadows, I don't know if you got my PM or not, the offers still up if you want

Shadows
April 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I read your PM, I don't need any different sprites.
The ones I have are fine.

enViable
April 22nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
hows the badge progress so far

Shadows
April 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
By badges, they're all in already.
I'm not going to post updates for a while, so I might close this if my inactivity continues.

Closing Again.

Christos
June 4th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Thread opened by request.

Shadows
June 5th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Some things that will be in beta 1 won't be in the demo.
The revised demo should be finished sometime this summer.

ben92
June 9th, 2009, 07:37 AM
gd job keep it up yo.. jus some encouragement to keep ur fire burnin =)

Shadows
June 9th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Update:
The Revised Demo is almost complete, heres some screenshots I took a while ago:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2709/111fkz.pnghttp://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8973/222q.pnghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6421/333z.png

Silver0ice7
June 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Okay, on the demo when you get pikachu it says you obtained bulbasaur, just one of the things i found.

I like the platinum tiles (I can never figure out how to put in tiles)

jacob654951
July 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM
:\
Thats too bad.
That was the main reason I liked yellow, was because Pikachu was always following me.
OH well, this hack looks promising anyways. (Hopefully that building will be built in vermillion city, I always wanted to know what that was, lol)

ya i've always wanted to know what that building was too

icemanya
July 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I was actually very curious if anyone had ever though about this. glad to see there is already someone in the works of it. Well you got my support.

PkmnTrainerSilver
July 29th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hi,
this hack is really cool. I played it. Anyway, on one of your screenshots you saw Ash, a kid and a Machop. Why is that there though?
Thanks.
- PkmnTrainerSilver - :)

Shadows
July 31st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hi,
this hack is really cool. I played it. Anyway, on one of your screenshots you saw Ash, a kid and a Machop. Why is that there though?
Thanks.
- PkmnTrainerSilver - :)

The machop is there for a reason.
You'll see why soon.

I haven't hacked in a while, so I have to learn how to script again.
Also, I have to redo most of what I've done before, my old computer got wiped.

Chaos190
August 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM
I found something strange
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/Hypershadow190/Bug.png
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/Hypershadow190/Glitch.png

VenamothWriter
August 3rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Um when will we be able to play the beta?

Has the game already been released so we can play? if so whats the link

Satoshi Ookami
August 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
Um when will we be able to play the beta?

Has the game already been released so we can play? if so whats the link
Download link is in the first post ;)

VenamothWriter
August 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
lol i don't see the link where is it?

Shadows
August 4th, 2009, 02:46 PM
It's in the attachments.
Here, you go:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42942&d=1222216870

Podifo
August 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I would say Pokemon Lightnew Yellow.

Shadows
August 4th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Err... The name was decided a while ago...

Smitty96
August 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Awesome, Yellow was my favorite of the 3 because you could get all three starters. And Pikachu followed you. Have you thought about ways to do that, or put Pikachu on the character's shoulder?

Sarcastic Prince
August 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Awesome, Yellow was my favorite of the 3 because you could get all three starters. And Pikachu followed you. Have you thought about ways to do that, or put Pikachu on the character's shoulder?

That's a way, but I don't think it's good... Personally, I don't think that having Pikachu following you in a Yellow make is important or something like that.

Anyways, I just played the Demo and I've found 3 glitches so far.

Pic 1: The Backsprite is still the Old Man's Bacsprite, not Prof. Oak's.
Pic 2: It still says Bulbasaur instead of Pikachu.
Pic 3: Houses overlaps the Hero.

Shadows
August 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM
The first image is not a glitch, the second is, the third is fixed.

I'm going to hack today, hopefully the Revised Demo will come soon.

All thats left is to revise a few scripts and insert some sprites.

Sarcastic Prince
August 6th, 2009, 05:07 PM
The first image is not a glitch, the second is, the third is fixed.

I'm going to hack today, hopefully the Revised Demo will come soon.

All thats left is to revise a few scripts and insert some sprites.

I know it's not, maybe I should call it a oddity or something? And do you realize that Ash's OW is lighter than other OW's?

dragonface
August 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM
nice job so far. cant wait till its finished

ya that is strange lol.... glitch...

Shadows
August 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I know it's not, maybe I should call it a oddity or something? And do you realize that Ash's OW is lighter than other OW's?

That was little palette error, I fixed that ages ago.

dragonoid
August 9th, 2009, 11:08 PM
keep up the good work and your hack will become fameous

Sarcastic Prince
August 10th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Bug Report: Another Glitch which is after battling the Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge. When I open the menu to switch my Pokemon, the "Pokemon" thing on the Menu is missing, however, your Pokemon are still there, when I view the computer to check.

KTUOS
August 11th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I'm stuck in Cerulean when I leave a ghost attacks me.

absol16
August 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I hope you don't give up with this hack... I've played the demo and you still have a long way to go (compared to the demo) but you're doing a good job... keep it up

LightSlei
August 14th, 2009, 01:57 PM
There's one strange tile about 4 tiles left of the protagonist house, from the lowest flowers directly next to the house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54OLKmq-5s
I'm messing around with the demo now which is a bit of fun.

Also my personal opinion but the sprite for Eevee seems odd at the mouth, it looks more like "+" then an actual mouth.

Few more buggy tiles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i654sf2cVxw

Pkmn-Master
August 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
This is horrible news. I was really eager for this hack to be completed.

I hope you do come back with good news! And I wish you luck in High School.

LightSlei
August 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
High School and Real Life is so much of a Delay I can't even get on the computer much anymore.
I'm afraid this hack won't be completed, I'm sorry.
I'll leave the thread open and come by every once in a while, and hopefully I'll come back with good news.

Don't give up, just work on it on the side when you have time. Especially since I'm enjoying playing it so far.

LdP
August 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM
This hack seams to be with very good quality: I'm talking because the begining that I played!
That would be great If you continue it...

By the other way, did I miss something? In the demo version that I downloaded the image of professor Oak character when he catches the pikachu is different from the picture in the 1st post message, I was wondering I I have the same version...

Thank you for this hack, seams excellent, I'm going to continue playing it.

snake17
August 31st, 2009, 06:35 PM
I Like this idea
and if additional help with sprites is needed i can help

Jblauvelt02
August 31st, 2009, 10:49 PM
this is an amazing idea. i hope your going to make a career choice out of gaming in some way haha. You are very creative and talented. Btw, im a noob to the site haha, if he updates the game, does he post a new link to download? Sorry i know its probably a stupid question

Satoshi Ookami
September 1st, 2009, 05:04 AM
this is an amazing idea. i hope your going to make a career choice out of gaming in some way haha. You are very creative and talented. Btw, im a noob to the site haha, if he updates the game, does he post a new link to download? Sorry i know its probably a stupid question
There's download link in the first post .)

Jblauvelt02
September 1st, 2009, 07:00 AM
There's download link in the first post .)

yeah i understand that, i already have a version. What i mean is like what if he releases one with less or no bugs, or finally adds in the pikachu. Will that download be within the same like first posted? or does he post a new link

LdP
September 3rd, 2009, 02:35 AM
Jblauvelt02, the first post has an adicional info: "last edited by Shadows; july 31st, 2009 at 10:12 pm"
that means he updates the first post, so it has allways the newest version!

DestinyBender
September 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Having Pikachu follow you would require a god of a scripter, the only solution right now is having a script for every single tile of every map of the game.

Yeah, having a Pikachu following you around would require the deity of scripting, this includes the sprites, and when you look at the Pokemon, it's mood would be hard to change every now & then.

But, this patch does look pretty cool.

~DB

vokal
September 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
im trying to play this game but there is a ghost at cerulean city that i cant get by. Can anyone help me with this please. I cant continue the game

OtherAlias
September 6th, 2009, 07:33 AM
im trying to play this game but there is a ghost at cerulean city that i cant get by. Can anyone help me with this please. I cant continue the game
that's probably the end of the beta vokal, but I'm not entirely sure.

Shadows
September 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Beta 1 ETA: October 2012

I'll be starting over for the most part, all the progress I made since the demo is lost. ;(
It's been about 3 years, I should get started.

Cyclone
September 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Oh wow. This is a reborn project by every definition from the sounds of it.

Cyclone

Dimebag
September 6th, 2012, 01:54 AM
An update ?! I'm waiting to see it ;)

Stodd
September 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
although the beta i played was young, it was amazing to me and it felt a lot like the original yellow. i prefer the gen I/II games anyway haha. this is a marvelous hack and i can't wait to see progress on this new version of it (sorry that happened btw). keep at it! :)

bobrepuS
September 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Awesome, can't wait for the beta.
I have 1 suggestion though. Could you make the physical/special split that they added in Gen 4. I'm not an expert on how to do it, but Liquid Crystal did it on Fire Red so I know it is possible with Fire Red.

TwiliDragonRin
September 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I really really can't wait for the beta, I know you and the other members will do a good job on this

Critx
September 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah LY is Back! I CAN'T WAIT ^_^

PokemonMasters
September 16th, 2012, 11:31 PM
wow, another hack that came back :) celestium and lightning yellow. Well, good luck :)

blackevil165
September 22nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Any update since reviving the project?

XERIQ8jesta_laghoul
October 26th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Your project will have fakemon, mini games and some newer gens too ? That's interesting how one of the rival sprites is resembling the original games.

Good luck on it!

DrFuji
October 26th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Whelp, unfortunately this thread has been revived past the one month limit again.

Shadows, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia. Please try to not let it remain locked for three years this time XP