PDA

View Full Version : High School

Jaegir
August 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
Well starting tuesday I become a Junior.
two more years.
then im out!
how bout you pc?

Yamikarasu
August 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Starting a week ago, I'm a Freshman. Yayz!

There are so many people. O_o

And my English teacher really sucks, she's one of those elitist class hole type of people. One of our assignments is to attend a "cultural" event, which is basically any non-comedic play or the opera. WTF? She even said that Oktoberfest didn't count because they served food there. Again, WTF? I don't know about you, but drama and opera are not part of my culture. What a class hole.

Apple Inc.
August 31st, 2008, 07:12 PM
Startimg on Tuesday I will be a freshmen in a technical high school specializing in computers. And if they let me use my laptop for some of the stuff that means i can use WLM baby.

Chibi-chan
August 31st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Just became a senior =A=
Too early to say anything fun about it yet.
College essays suck though. So do AP labs. Bleh.

Cherrim
August 31st, 2008, 07:16 PM
I win, I'm already over and done with it. I graduated high school in the class of '07, so I basically just finished my first year of university. I don't miss high school, either. I'm so glad to be out. 8|

Barkovitch
August 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM
Freshman starting on Thursday. Pretty sure it'll be even more annoying than middle school, and at least ten percent of the people will be more idiotic than I could possibly imagine.

Aizuke
August 31st, 2008, 07:23 PM
I was out of highschool around 3 years ago. I never really liked it though. :\

Highschool to me was when everyone I knew seemed to change. D: So I'm pretty much glad to be out of there. :x

Saryka
August 31st, 2008, 07:29 PM
I'm going into my junior year of high school in two days. D: I just hope it's better than last year was, the year where most people I know changed (mainly for the worst). Part of me can not wait until I graduate, although there's still a part of me that's really enjoying high school.

The thing I'm most nervous about, though, is my schedule. We don't get it until the first day of school here, so I don't know who's in my classes, when my classes are, and who my teachers are. >:|

Kyoko
August 31st, 2008, 07:32 PM
I'M A SENIOR :D! CLASS OF 2009 WHOOTWHOOT.
I loved high school, it's been a really fun time for me. I just wish I would have worked harder the other years so I didn't have to stress all this semester to get good grades and do better on my ACTs :'D not trying hard can and will bite ya in the butt ;;!

as for right now, I've just finished my first week of senior year. I love all my classes and teachers so it should be a fun year.

icomeanon6
August 31st, 2008, 07:35 PM
And my English teacher really sucks, she's one of those elitist class hole type of people. One of our assignments is to attend a "cultural" event, which is basically any non-comedic play or the opera. WTF? She even said that Oktoberfest didn't count because they served food there. Again, WTF? I don't know about you, but drama and opera are not part of my culture. What a class hole.
Man, that's even worse than my freshman English teacher. >_< If I were you I'd go to a baseball game or some other sporting event, now there's an integral part of American culture! I'm lucky enough to have an awesome English teacher this year. He's a drama teacher, but the good kind: the kind that specializes in comedies and film as well!

I'm entering sophomore year at the best high school in the friggin' country! If you wish to argue that "best in country" claim, send me a PM.

Hiidoran
August 31st, 2008, 07:39 PM
I'M A SENIOR :D! CLASS OF 2009 WHOOTWHOOT.
I loved high school, it's been a really fun time for me. I just wish I would have worked harder the other years so I didn't have to stress all this semester to get good grades and do better on my ACTs :'D not trying hard can and will bite ya in the butt ;;!

as for right now, I've just finished my first week of senior year. I love all my classes and teachers so it should be a fun year.I'm with Kelsey on this one; Class of 2009 rocks!
I'm enjoying my Senior year pretty darn well. I love the fact that the Freshmen get out of your way and you can just easily stroll down the hallways. All of the teachers seem to know you, so you get excuses to leave class all the time! It's beautiful really. :'D
(Plus we get to eat outside now, that's pretty fun I guess)

The only down side is that I decided to take it easy this year and not take any AP courses. :O
(School is actually quite boring when one is not challenging themselves!)

Gunn
August 31st, 2008, 07:39 PM
Graduated. My next stop is boot camp.

Rebellious Treecko
August 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Became a Junior two weeks ago; still have lots of anxiety.
World Geography has a lot of kids in it (I hate crowds), and it's hard to pay attention in class.
Math class is harder than last year, of course, but it deals with math problems about life this time. (like sales tax, prices, annual wages, etc.)
It's hard to pay attention in PLATO, too. Thank goodness the teacher gives me special accomidations...(sp)
Directed Studies (Study Hall) is a lot like last year, but with my English teacher teaching and in a different class. More students in a crowded room make it stressful sometimes.

The school assembealy (sp) of the first day of school was very loud and crowded. Some kids that sat around me teased me and bothered me for a while.
Being in school is like facing my disabillity face to face and having to fight it all the time. ;\

Aurafire
August 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Done with HS, In my first year of college. It's not bad, I miss my friends =(

Gerri Shin
August 31st, 2008, 08:33 PM
been out a few years now,. Oh my how things have changed. high school was where I had some of the best times of my life: early crushes, my first date/love, the one history class where the teacher was almost senile and gave us test answers during the tests, bowling in the hallways, seeing 75% of my class in the same detention for going off-campus for lunch... Ah those were the days....
* continues reminiscing whilest slowing swinging on a swing as the camera slowly zooms out to a lovely sunset behind the house....*

SpartanPatriot
August 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
two more years.
then im out!
how bout you pc?

I am the same as you. Only two more years but then college and then who knopws what. ;)

Tinhead Bruce
August 31st, 2008, 08:40 PM
Ugh... Officially starting High School tomorrow =(

Cassino
September 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior... What do you Americans go around calling it if you go to a school with more than just secondary years?... No, that wasn't rhetorical.

America's obsession with giving everything curious names aside, by the time I actually got to secondary school, I was already becoming more disillusioned at education, which had just become much more demanding. Also, everyone changed while I didn't, so I was rendered friendless. The rest of this little story I'd rather keep to myself.
I've actually left school entirely now and am starting college next week.

Kitty-Kat
September 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Another '09er here! :'D
So far, it's freaking hard! D: My school has this really awful Career Pathways thing that they're doing that is REQUIRED for graduation, and it's SO MUCH WORK! And the only reason they have it is because they assume that you have absolutely no idea what you're going to do after high school, and that it's their job to make sure you do! I hate it, there is so much extra work involved [and I'm taking such hard classes already!] It makes me want to burst out in tears, I have no idea how I'm going to get through it =[

Jorah
September 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
I dunno what it is in American language but I'm going back to college for my second year taking my A Levels. Well, I went back today haha.

Cherrim
September 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
College has to be the most confusing word ever. It means something completely different depending on if you're in the US, Canada, or the UK, I think. Possibly other places too. :| At least high school is usually pretty straight forward, haha.

Hazuki
September 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
I just started, so I'm a freshie. x3;

But it's more like a college than a high school to me... maybe it's because it's on a college campus and you get free stuff! :D

Neko
September 1st, 2008, 06:18 PM
Meh. This thursday is my first day of school. I'll be a junior, so I guess that's cool. Only two more years to go, only some say this is the hardest year of high school. o_O;;;

I hated how last year we had an away soccer game the first day of school. This year it's going to be the second day of school. Yay. <<;;;

-Neko

Mōnštȝr¿
September 1st, 2008, 06:20 PM
two more years.
then im out!
how bout you pc?
Well I am a Sophmore... I still have lets see 1 2.. I think 2 years well unless you count this year so I have 3.

Yuoaman
September 1st, 2008, 06:27 PM
Well I'm a Senior starting Wednesday, which in Canada means that I am in Grade 11/12, I'll be in 11...

Here Junior's are Grade 9/10...

Backwards Americans lol

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
September 1st, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm a freshman! I just hope 9th grade isn't TOO hard... but, things should be okay. ^_^

Gymnotide
September 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Eleven approaches with staggering alacrity.

Master Electrician
September 1st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Two years out and happy about it. By the time I was done with my Senior year, I only showed up to hang out with my friends. I've found much more of a niche in college.

Tyrantrum
September 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
I became a Freshmen on August 4th.

ErickaVolt
September 2nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
Well, I came out in High School last year. My HS life is the most important part of my life because all of my classmates talks about what's hip and hop [Pokemon, lol]. We even had a reunion last May. I am now 1st year college taking Computer Science.

Cronos
September 2nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Im Going To My Senior Year And Im A Tranferred Student To A Boarding School Since Its Easy For Me To Live,Im Going To Gradute In 4 Months

Tokin
September 2nd, 2008, 04:49 AM
I just came out of high school on may, now I'm on college, I have to say that high school offers new experiences and people that can change your life forever, so for everyone going through it or not yet, then enjoy it ^^

MasterPokemon409
September 2nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Been out since 2000.

(Am I the oldest person on here? :embarrass)

Netto Azure
September 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm going to be a Sophomore tomorrow(10th Grade) Too bad if I was in the Philippines I would be graduating HS already (Stupid educational differences I mean why does the US need 7th and 8th Grades anyway...) Can't wait for grad Go Class of 2011!

Twisting River
September 2nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
I just graduated in June so, I'm all done with High School. It wasn't too bad but I'm sure glad it's over with.

Waffle-San
September 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Just started High School. Woot for class of 2011. (ya up un these parts of Canada, high school starts in grade 10. And for all the american lingoist. It is grade 10 not the tenth grade. Grade 10!)

Conman
September 3rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
As of now I'm a Sophomore with some Junior classes. I'm pretty content with High School, once your past Freshman is really nothing surprising or new. Though after 1st year, all the easy stuff usually go away.

Parabolic
September 4th, 2008, 02:17 PM
High school was a lot of fun. I kinda miss it now that I'm a freshman in college. Bottom rungs of the ladder, if you will. It was some of the most amazing times with band and theatre, dating, amazing teachers I will never forget, life lessons, and more. Sure, I received more of a "life" over this summer, but now that school has started again, I'm kinda just that freshman dude. Save for my friends who go to the same school and the handful of friends I have made there, not a whole lot know me.

Cherrim
September 4th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Just started High School. Woot for class of 2011. (ya up un these parts of Canada, high school starts in grade 10. And for all the american lingoist. It is grade 10 not the tenth grade. Grade 10!)
I've always called it both, depending on what sounds better in the sentence. o_O I didn't even know there was a Canadian way of saying it.

Parabolic
September 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I never really said the numbers... I always called the grades by their years or by their titles. Such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year or Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior.

P.S. Lightning... does your sig change Sho poses each page load? I think i noticed it, but I'm too lazy to investigate. >.>;

Cherrim
September 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I've never used freshman, sophomore, etc. Ever. XD I only bothered to look up which year was which in grade 11 or something and didn't care otherwise.

Mmmmaaaaybe. Or maybe you're just going crazy. *shifty eyes* :D

Saryka
September 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I use them sometimes, like if I'm talking to someone, I'll be like, "Wow, I'm gonna be a senior next year!" or something. Otherwise, I'll just say, "Oh, I'm in Grade Eleven," and so on. I never say "the eleventh grade." :|

Trap-Eds
September 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I started highschool a few weeks ago. Except for the fact I have homework almost every weekend now....:sleeping: being a freshman is pretty fun.

Lover's Kite
September 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I'm currently a Junior, supposed to be a Senior, but didn't get enough credits :x
Most of my courses are Senior classes though.

Pokemaster1993
September 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Imma be a freshman next year.

flight
September 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Just started High School as an awesome sophomore. And around these parts, we use those terms, because it's cool around here.

Stalin Malone
September 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
You know that the problem is? They need to bring back corporal punishment into highschools. That'd fix alot of the lollygagging and lack of disciline the younger generation shows. Also, bring in school uniforms like how they do in Nippon. I suspect that alot of the discipline and orderliness of Nipponese society strems from the usage of school uniforms from a young age.

Team Magma Girl
September 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I started my junior year a few weeks ago.

In my school they have brought back corporal punishment. Well parents had to sign a paper saying if it was okay. I think that's some BS. No teacher or administrator is EVER going to touch me. I don't care how bad I'm being, if they "spank me" I'm going to take the paddle and smack them over the head with it. Multiple times.

Stalin Malone
September 7th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Electroshock therapy or a lobotomy would cure one such as yourself of your mental issues.

Crystal Clair
September 7th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Me, I'm actually done high school. I graduated this June with a local diploma.

So now while you kiddies are in school, I'm sitting in my room on my laptop, thinking up possible jobs or activities I can get into or fleshing out creations for potential money-makers.

Honestly though, I miss school

Retro Bug
September 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
ZOMGHAaa, okay I'm a '12, it sucks I don't get to be a &quot;o&quot;/&quot;zero&quot;, and then a number, I ate my birthyear. :P Anyhow I guess HighSchool okay, there's a lot more cute boys, AND girls then there where in Junior High. Haha, I sort of hate-love my classes, it depends on the day, B day I'm fine w/ all my classes, A Day, I hate Algebra. Not the class, the people in the class.

I have 2nd lunch both times. That means I eat lunch at 1:00 P.M, usually 1:15 P.M since the line is liek longgggg. \:

Emii
September 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Well I graduated last May, so I'm in college now. But really, it's not really harder than high school at all. When I was a High school freshman, we had to take some class to learn "how to deal with high school" and now that I'm a college freshman, we're taking a class on how to "learn the ways of college". Useless crap classes XD

anyway, if High school isn't too hard, college is easy too ^^ I miss high school sometimes though, lol

omg I sound like an old person

Ullion
September 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'm with Kelsey on this one; Class of 2009 rocks!
I'm enjoying my Senior year pretty darn well. I love the fact that the Freshmen get out of your way and you can just easily stroll down the hallways. All of the teachers seem to know you, so you get excuses to leave class all the time! It's beautiful really. :'D
(Plus we get to eat outside now, that's pretty fun I guess)

The only down side is that I decided to take it easy this year and not take any AP courses. :O
(School is actually quite boring when one is not challenging themselves!)

duh, because I'm a part of it too. =)

Well last year of high school for me as well, which means this is my last semester of English! *arm pumps* I can't wait for this semester to end. I got Advanced Functions (University level), Gym, English (University level) and Chemistry (University level) this semester. So lots of work. But next semester I get Calculas (Uni level), History (Uni/College mix level), spare, Biology (Uni-level). So semester 2 will be easy n' fun. =D I just gotta apply for a good University now. Hopefully Carleton will do...

SpartanPatriot
September 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I am on my Junior year right now and I absolutely love it. I have drafting, geometry, ISP (English/Social Studies) and then football after school. The only downside is that my lunch is small and like only 6 of my friends are in it. I wish I had the second lunch which is much bigger.

Jubilation
September 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I have another 4 more years of it...yay?

Parabolic
September 8th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Electroshock therapy or a lobotomy would cure one such as yourself of your mental issues.

*Picks himself up after falling on the floor from laughing too hard...*

Wow... absolutely awesome. I have met many a student that needs a good smack on the head or seven. In college, of all places. They aren't as abundant there, but I still find them.

.inLOVE
September 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I just graduated. I now attend Boise State. Ah, high school started the golden years. But I AM glad to be out.

Xairmo
September 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I just started my Senior year! \o/
I skipped my Junior year and I also started taking classes at my local college ^^

Assolute-Amore
September 9th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I just started my freshman year. So far it's ok, but I can't wait to get out. Even though when I do, I might miss it. so I guess I'll try to enjoy it while I can? XD

Jaegir
April 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I was out of highschool around 3 years ago. I never really liked it though. :\

You graduated when you were sixteen?

Felly
April 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I'm in my freshman year and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's a bit hard though, which is annoying. And I'm taking all of these crazy honors classes. But I'm dropping Honors English, so maybe it'll be a bit easier on me in my sophomore year.

Also, homecoming is mad fun. <3 I'm glad I went, haha.

Chibi-chan
April 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Talk about serious revival e____e;