PDA

View Full Version : Best battle tower pokemon

circoheeve
September 1st, 2008, 09:53 AM
My favorite is an Alakazam with Psychic, calm mind, recover, and either thunderbolt, ice punch, or shock wave. Just max out calm mind, use recover when you get to low hp, and everything else is usually a one-hit-wonder. What's yours?

groudonlover
September 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
Breloom: Lvl 50
Sky Uppercut | Leech Seed
Headbutt | Mega Drain

Tentacruel: Lvl 50
Surf | Cut
Dive | Waterfall

Dusclops: Lvl 50
Will-o-wisp | Curse
Shadow Punch | Confuse Ray

Only Problem is Psychic's, they take out Breloom(grass/FIGHT) and Tentacruel(water/POISON) easily, and Dusclops usually faints on the one after the Psychic... (Dusclops is Newcaught at lvl 50 in Sky Pillar, and badly trained...)

Arsibiyez
September 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
My favorite is an Alakazam with Psychic, calm mind, recover, and either thunderbolt, ice punch, or shock wave. Just max out calm mind, use recover when you get to low hp, and everything else is usually a one-hit-wonder. What's yours?

Sorry, no such luck. Alakazam's electric moves only include Shockwave, Thunder Wave and Thunderpunch. You're probably confusing this with a Gardevoir.

And maxing out Calm Mind proves to be difficult when you get to the 40th battle or so. Usually they start using more powerful Pokemon and use better strategies. I admit though, I used to use Alakazam too. Recover didn't prove too useful, though. Almost everything physical did more than 50% damage to it, even the ones that normally don't do much damage (like Rock Blast and Metal Claw). I went for near-all-out offensive.

Alakazam @ Scope Lens
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Psychic
- Skill Swap / Fire Punch / Calm Mind

Yeah, this was powerful, and fun. I couldn't use more Leftovers, so I went with Scope Lens to get more critical hits. I don't usually rely on hax, but I didn't have much of a choice. I initially had Fire Punch, then replaced it with Calm Mind. But when Shedinja came around, I gave him Skill Swap. It worked, but happened way too rarely.

As for the other two:

Breloom @ Shell Bell
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bulk Up
- Hidden Power [Rock ~ 50]

The Hidden Power [Rock] was complete luck. I had no idea it would turn out that way when I raised this. I had been planning to replace it with Rock Tomb, Return, or Secret Power [Normal ~ Paralysis] if it didn't turn out that way, but it did. And it's base power was at 50, so I was happy with that. Yay!

Bulk Up helped a lot in surviving Flying attacks, and ensuring that HP[Rock] did at most 3HKOs at neutral damage against everything.

And last:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

No Softboiled here. In a party of only 3 Pokemon, it's essential that you keep the attackers healthy. Blissey here is for Para-support, Wish and Heal Bell to help out with healing other party members. Wish is usually used with Baton Pass, though. It helps ensure that the recipient of Wish doesn't get KO'd before it gets healed. But Blissey doesn't get Baton Pass, so I had to rely on luck. I bred for this using Smeargle -> Skitty -> Chansey.

circoheeve
September 2nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Headbutt | Mega Drain

Surf | Cut
Dive | Waterfall

Will-o-wisp | Curse

Only Problem is Psychic's, they take out Breloom(grass/FIGHT) and Tentacruel(water/POISON) easily, and Dusclops usually faints on the one after the Psychic... (Dusclops is Newcaught at lvl 50 in Sky Pillar, and badly trained...)

yeah dude, that psychic weakness is huge! You should definitely replace tentacruel with an absol or even a heracross. Or maybe an umbreon, you need a supporter

Sorry, no such luck. Alakazam's electric moves only include Shockwave, Thunder Wave and Thunderpunch. You're probably confusing this with a Gardevoir.

Yeah, I meant thunder wave. My strategy is to paralyze, then calm mind until my hp falls below the max, then recover, then repeat. Then I just 1 Hit KO the team. It only works on a pokemon using SP moves, though. Thats why I have a Gengar, which mercs because it has Toxic, Hypnosis, Double Team, and Protect. I Managed actually to make it past 50 and get the shield.

Arsibiyez
September 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Milotic would do so much better if you gave it a set like that Gengar does. I would guess that would work in Battle Tower, but isn't it tiring to wait so many turns to KO one Pokemon?

Ah, well. It's your team. If it works, it works. Just out of curiosity, who's your third Pokemon?

Haza
September 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Find the Wailord set that works for you because wailord always delivers in the battle tower

Arsibiyez
September 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
I would not always recommend Wailord. Its HP may be fourth to Blissey, Chansey, and Wobbuffet, but its defenses really suffer at 45 base each. And I'd wager that you plan to use Water Spout. Wailord would need to be pretty fast or lucky in order to continuously deliver with that attack. Not to forget that a very large number of Pokemon resist Water attacks. Water types are the biggest population in Pokemon. Dragons are commonly used (not sure if that always applies in BT too), and Grass can be found as a hybrid in a lot of Pokemon.

groudonlover
September 6th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I think i should replace the Tentacruel with another fish instead...
Anyone know some good fish's?
(and i hate fishing, the only rod i can handle is old rod, the others always get away... the only thing i have ever hooked on a Super is a Luvdisc and 3 Corphish's)
---
I have all fish's i know from R/S except Horsea and Evos, i have almost all Pokemons i know except for trade evolutions, and some final-forms i have not evolved yet so the alivability of fish in my PC is not bad

EDIT: Tentacruel(Bengt) is my old HM Slave i have trained from lvl 15 so he has got good training
Anyone know if you can EV-Train via Exp. Share?

shanecdavis
September 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, you can EV train with Exp. Share. That is my preferred method.

Also, my all-time favorite Battle Tower team consists of Snorlax, Blissey, and Gengar.

groudonlover
September 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Yes, you can EV train with Exp. Share. That is my preferred method.

Also, my all-time favorite Battle Tower team consists of Snorlax, Blissey, and Gengar.

that makes EV-Training a lot easier than doing it by hand, you could use your Rayquaza and send all of the EV-s to the Exp. Share, i thought you must use the pokemon itself...

And all of those pokemon is unalivable in ruby and i get Leaf Green in a few days...

Jubilation
September 18th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I like using my Jynx, Weezing & Alakhazam, three of my (many) favorite pokemon

shanecdavis
September 18th, 2008, 06:05 AM
that makes EV-Training a lot easier than doing it by hand, you could use your Rayquaza and send all of the EV-s to the Exp. Share, i thought you must use the pokemon itself...

And all of those pokemon is unalivable in ruby and i get Leaf Green in a few days...
A great Ruby combo is Salamence, Swampert, and Milotic/Gardevoir.

Tanooki
September 18th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I used Wailord, Grovyle, and Glalie once, and it worked pretty good for me. =P

Still though, I'd advise against Wailord. It's HP and ability to learn Water Spout is tempting, but it really isn't very good because of it's very low defense stats. It's similar to Camerupt, in the sense that it learns a really powerful late-game move (Eruption), but it's bad stats don't make it very practical.

I haven't played the Battle Tower in a while, so I don't have any current teams. I should hopefully be there soon in Ruby though, since I've gotten pretty far in only a couple of days. xD

circoheeve
October 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM
Milotic would do so much better if you gave it a set like that Gengar does. I would guess that would work in Battle Tower, but isn't it tiring to wait so many turns to KO one Pokemon?

Ah, well. It's your team. If it works, it works. Just out of curiosity, who's your third Pokemon?

it was snorlax but I changed it to Blissey (cheap, I know)

shanecdavis
October 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Blissey is far from cheap. Legendaries are cheap. It takes a lot of hard work to breed a good Blissey. Hopefully, you bred it to be Bold and gave it max Def EVs.

groudonlover
October 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Now i have:
Breloom (Drainer) @ King's Rock (=Flinch)
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Sky Uppercut
Protect

Solrock (Kamikaze!) @ Leftovers(=Heal)
Rock Slide
Psychic
Explosion
Protect

Wishcash (Fish...) @ Mystic Water(=+10% to Water)
Rest
Snore
Earthquake
Surf

I was at 33 wins, but lost on a Crit...

Tanooki
October 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty surprised you made it to 33 wins with that team (no offense or anything). Whiscash is extremely slow (not quite as slow as Quagsire or Crawdaunt, but still pretty bad), and Solrock has such a horrible Sp. Attack that it pretty much defeats the whole purpose of using it as Psychic-type. I guess as a Physical attacker its fine, and the kamikaze method is ok, depending on the situation, (worked for me a few times before with Electrode), but I still don't think you should use one, considering the far better Psychic-types available (Alakazam is old news, but he gets the job done better than anyone else, despite such a low Defense stat).

groudonlover
October 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
I know wishcash is slow, but he has saved me a lot of times... And i like that his Water-type in some way seems to bug both Raichu and Manectric to use Electric attacks, which he is immune to :)

I dont have a Link Cable, so i cant get an Alakazam. And i am using Solrock as Rock and Kamikaze attacker, not Psychic. I have Psychic just to not Monotype him...

Do you have a better suggestion? Before i had a
100% Sweeper team, which works for a Lvl 100 Rayquaza in E4, but not for a Lvl 50 BT Team

My tactic:
Breloom uses Leech Seed and Sky Uppercut to constantly heal itself and he is so fast so King's Rock can make the foe flinch. If there is a Girafarlig(farlig=dangerous in Swedish :-)), Pinsir or Bird that could OHKO Breloom i switch him against Solrock and Selfdestruct! Kaboom! Dead! (if it is a bird Solrock's good PHYSICAL ATTACK with Rock Slide(with Flinch Chance) will 1-3H KO it). Wishcash is for handling Fire and Ground that would kill Breloom of Solrock, which uses Rest if HP goes too low, snore in 2 rounds and continue...

That is how I do it, how do you do?

And Legendaries are NOT cheap!
They just OWN!

.emerald
October 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Sorry man, Alakazam can't use Thunderbolt...

Headbutt | Mega Drain

Surf | Cut
Dive | Waterfall

Will-o-wisp | Curse

Mege Drain? Giga is far better.
Cut, Waterfall & Dive are disgusting HM's, & I'll be honest, Surf is the only move there that I liked.
I would suggest giving Tentacruel an Ice beam, Giga drain, Confuse ray & Surf(MODEST & TIMID only.)

My tactic:
Breloom uses Leech Seed and Sky Uppercut to constantly heal itself and he is so fast so King's Rock can make the foe flinch. If there is a Girafarlig(farlig=dangerous in Swedish :-)), Pinsir or Bird that could OHKO Breloom i switch him against Solrock and Selfdestruct! Kaboom! Dead! (if it is a bird Solrock's good PHYSICAL ATTACK with Rock Slide(with Flinch Chance) will 1-3H KO it). Wishcash is for handling Fire and Ground that would kill Breloom of Solrock, which uses Rest if HP goes too low, snore in 2 rounds and continue...

That is how I do it, how do you do?

And Legendaries are NOT cheap!
They just OWN!
I would suggest the movesets for Breloom:

Breloom @Leftovers
Nature:Hasty
Spore
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
(A physical sweeper is what Breloom does best, besides being an annoyer with its ability & movepool.)

Solrock!?!
You would be far better off with a Metagross with Explosion...

About, Whiscash. Don't give it Snore. Snore has horrible damage(40) and It isn't speedy(The flinch doesn't work that way.)
Instead, buffer moves like Amnesia or an Ice Beam would work...

Latios @Brightpowder
Nature: Quirky
Psychic
Dragon Claw
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
(A special sweeper that can KO most types with its elemental movesets.)

Milotic @Leftovers/Lum
Nature: Calm
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic
(Milotic is a special sponge, if confronted with Blissey, Toxic would lead it a steady death.)

Metagross @Quick claw
Nature:Sassy
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Psychic
Shadow Ball
(Mixmeta has a good coverage. Psychic & Meteor for STAB, Shadow for anti Psychic & Ghost & Earthquake for anti-fire.)

groudonlover
October 4th, 2008, 02:16 AM
My latios is on lvl 52, so he can't get in, Milotic requiret that **** Feebas, the only Pokemon i have EVER given up on catching! And Metagross grows very slowly...

And i already used Focus Punch on my Blaziken a while ago, so i dont have it anymore, and i cant remember what i used Toxic on...

Where do you get Brightpowder from? You cant buy GameSharks or ActionReplays in Sweden, so Cheating is not Possible here, and what bonuses does Hasty give? Sounds like something with speed.

And should i Breed a Shroomish for Spore or what?

Wichu
October 4th, 2008, 06:20 AM
You get BrightPowder in the Battle Tower on R/S. If you get enough wins, you start getting better items instead of just stat boosters.
On Emerald, you need to save BP and buy it.

To get Spore, you have to level Shroomish to level 54 without evolving it.

groudonlover
October 4th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Lvl 45 not 54, and how many wins do i need?
I need Brightpowder to win battletower... Brightpowder is like a Permanent Double Team Right?

Anyone know a sightly better fish than Wishcash?
And something else than a Metagross to replace Solrock?

shanecdavis
October 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I don't have time to respond to all your questions right now, but I will say that Whiscash is a weak Swampert. More to come because you need some serious advice.

BTW - Don't waste time getting Brightpowder. Horrible, horrible item. Only works 10% of the time and it prevents your Pokemon from having an item that will help all the time.

groudonlover
October 5th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I have Blaziken not Swampert...

shanecdavis
October 5th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Well, that isn't very helpful then. I would restart, especially since you wasted Focus Punch on Blaziken, but it is your game.

groudonlover
October 6th, 2008, 03:59 AM
when you have 208:49 in Play Time, have captured all legendaries INCLUDING Lati@s and have 170 in the Pokedex you rather not Restart... And you can breed from a Vigoroth that learns it naturally! (i like breeding more than a TM...)

Can anyone suggest a better Kamikaze than Solrock and a fish that don't just move once per century(*_*)?

shanecdavis
October 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM
when you have 208:49 in Play Time, have captured all legendaries INCLUDING Lati@s and have 170 in the Pokedex you rather not Restart... And you can breed from a Vigoroth that learns it naturally! (i like breeding more than a TM...)
The error in your thinking is that Shroomish CANNOT learn Focus Punch. Breloom can only get it by teaching it the TM. Since you only have 170 in your Pokedex, restarting would still be a viable option, but again I can only lead you to the water. I cannot make you drink it. Your game, your rules.

Can anyone suggest a better Kamikaze than Solrock and a fish that don't just move once per century(*_*)?
You don't want a Kamikaze to begin with, let alone a weak Pokemon like Solrock. Since you won't restart for Swampert or take the time to raise Beldum, I would suggest using Flygon. Great all around stats (especially Atk and Spd), a STAB Earthquake, and a bunch of resistances.

Being patient in getting Feebas would round out your team perfectly. Just fish 5 times in each water square until you find it. It takes time, but time is all you have. Once you have Feebas, you want to breed until you get a Bold Nature. Don't settle for anything else, as it will make Milotic not only a great special wall, but allows it to take physical hits too.

Between those three you will find yourself pretty successful.

groudonlover
October 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I hate when my Post don't show up... I finnally found FEEBAS!!!!
Now i just have to evolve it, (i have filled ''Berry Master's Garden with berries) and i already had a lvl 45 Flygon. I just trained it in 2 minutes, and that's done!

MOVESETS:
Breloom: @Leftovers
Sky Uppercut
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Protect
^^Trying to breed Spore... And i have the Focus Punch TM on LG!^^

Feebas @Shell Bell
? (is soooon gonna evolve...)

Flygon @King's Rock
Bite
Flamethrower
Dragonbreath
Fly

As i said, i am trying to evolve Feebas to Milotic, but are waiting for the Berries to grow... I am watering 'em as often as i can

*SP addict DS noob*
October 8th, 2008, 11:35 PM
My latios is on lvl 52, so he can't get in, Milotic requiret that **** Feebas, the only Pokemon i have EVER given up on catching! And Metagross grows very slowly...

And i already used Focus Punch on my Blaziken a while ago, so i dont have it anymore, and i cant remember what i used Toxic on...

Where do you get Brightpowder from? You cant buy GameSharks or ActionReplays in Sweden, so Cheating is not Possible here, and what bonuses does Hasty give? Sounds like something with speed.

And should i Breed a Shroomish for Spore or what?
FYI Metagross is east to raise as long as you know where to train it.
Brightpowder can be won in the Tower in R/S & bought in Emerald
DuH... Hasty gives speed and lowers defense

You get BrightPowder in the Battle Tower on R/S. If you get enough wins, you start getting better items instead of just stat boosters.
On Emerald, you need to save BP and buy it.

To get Spore, you have to level Shroomish to level 54 without evolving it.
Dude its 45...

Lvl 45 not 54, and how many wins do i need?
I need Brightpowder to win battletower... Brightpowder is like a Permanent Double Team Right?

Anyone know a sightly better fish than Wishcash?
And something else than a Metagross to replace Solrock?
Brightpowder is by chance, not permanent evasiveness...
Swampert is FAR better.
~E_M_Y~'s opinion about the Metagross was right, it is better than a Solrock..

If you wasted all your TM's, it's better to restart. IMO

Now i just have to evolve it, (i have filled ''Berry Master's Garden with berries) and i already had a lvl 45 Flygon. I just trained it in 2 minutes, and that's done!

MOVESETS:
Breloom: @Leftovers
Sky Uppercut
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Protect

Feebas @Shell Bell

Flygon @King's Rock
Bite
Flamethrower
Dragonbreath
Fly

As i said, i am trying to evolve Feebas to Milotic, but are waiting for the Berries to grow... I am watering 'em as often as i can
Flygon's movesets are all useless if you ask me...
I'd rather give em' these:

Flygon @King's Rock/Brightpowder
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Blast

shanecdavis
October 9th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Dude its 45...
No. It is Lv54 in RSE/FRLG.

Suggestions/comments in bold:

MOVESETS:
Breloom: @ Shell Bell
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute

While you are breeding for Spore, breed for Adamant. Having Spore and Hypnosis on your team may seem like overkill, so can go with Sleep Talk Milotic, but against the computer having both really works well in your favor. Basically the strategy is Spore, Sub, Seed, Punch. In that order. If your opponent is resistant to your attack, Spore, Seed, then switch. That will give the Pokemon you switched to a nice HP increase each round until it beats the seeded opponent.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis / Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Recover / Rest
- Surf

If that Feebas isn't Bold, I would breed another one. Bold Nature, along with the provided EV spread will really help Milotic take some good physical attacks. Not only that, but if your Milotic gets statused, its Def is increased by 50%, making it even stronger. I have suggested two movesets, which are its best. The first works rater easily. Start off with Hypnosis, and Recover until Hypnosis sticks. Then you can switch to a different Pokemon for the KO since the AI will RARELY switch out. The other moveset replacing Hypnosis/Recover with Sleep Talk/Rest abuses Milotic's Marvel Scale. Put Milotic to sleep to boost its defense, and then use Sleep Talk to continue to attack. Milotic is amazing in the Battle Tower, as long as it has been raised properly.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack (Substitute)

DO NOT use King's Rock or Brightpowder. Those are HORRIBLE hold items. You only get a 10% chance of it working each round. Pathetic. Flygon should have Choice Band. It's Atk is increased by 50%, although once you use an attack that is the only one you can use unless you switch out. I cannot tell you how much better that item would be for Flygon. Substitute would be more effective than Quick Attack, but you probably don't have more than one available. The beauty of having two sleepers on your team, is that Flygon can switch in and you can choose which move to attack with, get the Choice Band boost and then switch back to a sleeper if the next opponent resists the attack you chose. Fire Blast is strictly for Steel and Grass Pokes you will run up against.

For the berries, you want Pamtre. Don't bother with any others. When you have 10-15, go blend berries with the Mister. If you are good at it, you can get an Indigo PokeBlock
with a max Lvl of 50 and max Feel of 45. Not that high, but in that area. That will give your Feebas its best chance at maxing out Beauty with the least amount of effort. Good luck.

.emerald
October 9th, 2008, 07:13 AM
No. It is Lv54 in RSE/FRLG.

And 45 in Generation four.(Why this sudden level attack change?)

groudonlover
October 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
It is lvl 45 in DP but 54 in RSE.
And howcan i learn it Earthquake? Geodude learn it naturally, so i should Breed it.

.emerald
October 9th, 2008, 07:19 AM
And howcan i learn it Earthquake? Geodude learn it naturally, so i should Breed it.
Who should learn Earthquake?
(If it should be Flygon, then tutor it.)

groudonlover
October 9th, 2008, 07:25 AM
There is no Tutors in Ruby, and Blaziken is owning everything with the TM...

.emerald
October 9th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I didn't mean that. What I meant was, give it Earthquake...
What do you mean by: "Blaziken is owning everything with the TM..."

shanecdavis
October 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM
NEVER give a Ground move to a Fighting Pokemon. It is worthless. A STAB Sky Uppercut does comparable damage to a SE Ground attack. As far as breeding Earthquake, you are again out of luck as there is no way to breed Earthquake to Trapinch. That is due to it belong to, of all things, the BUG Egg group. Hopefully you have an Earthquake TM on LG. If you had Emerald, you could train Zigzagoon to Lv91 and then use their Pickup Ability to get Earthquake TMs. I have done that and have about 45 of them for breeding purposes. Yet one more reason why Emerald is the best overall game we have.

groudonlover
October 10th, 2008, 07:45 AM
... Don't that Pickup work in R/S?
And i NEVER rely just on STAB-Power, i didn't wanted to Monotype him.
And i have ALL of the TM's on LG, except for some i haven't bought/found yet, except for Shock Wave(Zapdos) and Blizzard(Articuno)

shanecdavis
October 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Pickup DOES work in RS, but it was overhauled in Emerald to include much better items the higher level the Pickup Pokemon is. You cannot get Earthquake with Pickup in RS.

groudonlover
October 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Ok...
Milotic soon on Lvl 50 @Shell Bell
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse

Flygon Lvl. 50 @?
- Bite
- Dragonbreath
- Protect
- Fly

Breloom Lvl. 50 @Leftovers
- Giga Drain
- Spore (?)
- Sky Uppercut
- Leech Seed

shanecdavis
October 12th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Why did you give Milotic TWO Water moves? When would you EVER use Water Pulse instead of Hydro Pump, which should really be Surf??? Get rid of that craptastic Water Pulse and use Hypnosis or Toxic instead. Sleep Talk and Rest over Recover would also be more effective.

If that is the moveset you are using for Flygon then you are better off using a different Pokemon. I suggested Flygon because of its STAB Earthquake. If you cannot use it, there are better options out there for physical attackers. Flygon won't be as effective for you. I would add a Snorlax instead. That thing dominates in the Battle Tower.

Also, where is Focus Punch on Breloom and why does it have Giga Drain? You want Substitute. Spore > Sub > Leech > Punch/switch to better Poke. Breloom is a great set up Pokemon for your team. Otherwise I would suggest Umbreon instead. It can takes hits really well and set up for your other Pokemon.

Movesets in competitive battling is VERY important, especially in the higher rounds of the Battle Tower.

groudonlover
October 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I have not hatched the egg yet, and i am still waiting for my friend to clone my Snorlaxes, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Venusaur and Mewtwo and trade them to Ruby

And i now have:
Breloom: (same)
Flygon: (same)
Milotic @ Leftovers
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf

I have won 28 times in a row with no defeats so far...

shanecdavis
October 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Once again, you still have two Water moves on Milotic. That severely limits its effectiveness. Look at it this way - your Milotic currently has only three moves. Hypnosis is a MUCH better option, or even Toxic. At least you can actually do something with those moves. As you get into the higher numbered of battles, status moves become VERY important. Milotic (if you raised a Bold Nature as I suggested) can come in on ANY Pokemon and set up. I can either Hypnosis (using Recover if it misses too many times in a row) to put a troublesome opponent to sleep so you can take care of it more easily, or you can use Toxic and then outstall it, something a well-raised Milotic can do very easily.

groudonlover
October 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I try to breed for Hypnosis, and i strongly dislike that Hydro Pump has only 5 PP and aims bad, so i think that's what is gonna be replaced. Training is no problem, as both Feebas and Milotig grows fast.
If i owns everything with a Serious Milotic and 2 Water moves, a Bold with Hypnosis will own even more!

shanecdavis
October 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Yes, I have defeated the Battle Tower with Bold Milotic, although I had that Stalker version (Sleep Talk/Rest) which I think is more effective since it can cure itself of all status, double up its Def, and continue to attack while asleep. The AI just cannot handle Stalkertic.

groudonlover
October 14th, 2008, 12:22 PM
That's what Snorlax was made to be...
And now i have 3 unhatched Feebas Eggs, so at least one of them should be bold.
I now have a Fermale, a Male with Hypnosis(wrong nature) and 3x Eggs.
And what Pokes should i defeat to get those EV's?

shanecdavis
October 14th, 2008, 07:00 PM
That's what Snorlax was made to be...
And now i have 3 unhatched Feebas Eggs, so at least one of them should be bold.
I now have a Fermale, a Male with Hypnosis(wrong nature) and 3x Eggs.
And what Pokes should i defeat to get those EV's?
Meh. Against the predictable Battle Tower, I would have went with Curselax over Stalkerlax, but I keep forgetting that I farm TMs and you might only have one Rest.

Personally, I would mass breed about 25 eggs. Hatch them all, keep the Bold Feebas and release the rest. Then after you had a handful of Bold Feebas, I would figure their IVs and keep the best one.

As for EV training, here are the best routes for RS:

HP: Surf at Petalburg City (Marill show up 100% of the time)
Atk: Fish (Super Rod) at Route 118 (Carvanha/Sharpedo 100%)
Def: Rock Smash at Victory Road B1 (Geodude/Graveler 100%)
SAtk: Route 112 (Numel 75%)
SDef: Surf at Abandoned Ship (Tentacool/Tentacruel 100%)
Spd: Surf at Meteor Falls (Golbat 90%)

groudonlover
October 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I try that.... I have 20 eggs now and is there no sightly easier place for DEF-EV's?
With RS you can only get 2, per time visiting that floor.......

shanecdavis
October 16th, 2008, 08:48 AM
There is a serious dropoff in RS after that, as far as probability goes. You can Dive into the seaweed on Routes 124 and 126, but that is only 70% of meeting Clamperl or Relicanth. I haven't tested it, but it might be better. The next best is Fiery Path for Torkoal and Koffing, but that is only 43% (although Torkoal is 2 Def EVs). I say try them out and see which of those is the most consistent for you.

Personally, I use Emerald for all my EV training since it is so much easier. I have set up Secret Base locations where I can fight 6 Golem (3 Def EVs each). That takes quite a bit of set up though. If you want a natural location, the Magma Hideout gets you 100% with Geodude, Graveler (2 EVs) AND Torkoal (2 EVs). Doesn't get much better than that.

groudonlover
October 16th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Yes, but the Magma Hideout is sealed right...
And on this side of the Planet, you can't cheat...
Relicanth has 4% Enc., but Torkoal would provably be worth it.
Now i just have to hatch the Eggs!

shanecdavis
October 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, in RS the Magma Hideout is sealed. That is why I mentioned I do all my EV training in Emerald, the best game out there for breeding/EV training.

Good luck with the eggs.

groudonlover
October 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
The 30th egg of 30 was bold.. the only that was...
Now i am at........ 4 Def. EV's! Fantastic isn't it?
I use Granite Cave B2F and Aron to Def. Train.
They are at a that low level so i can put in many EV's per level!

shanecdavis
October 17th, 2008, 07:38 PM
The 30th egg of 30 was bold.. the only that was...
Now i am at........ 4 Def. EV's! Fantastic isn't it?
I use Granite Cave B2F and Aron to Def. Train.
They are at a that low level so i can put in many EV's per level!
Actuallly, if you use the Exp. Share, Feebas won't have to level up at all until you are ready to feed it PokeBlocks.

(Dusty<3)
October 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Well this has somewhat scooted away from being a battle twoer fav thread, to a "why are you so dumb?" thread. So many people *1* flaming Groudon. Let the guy make his OWN team that HE likes. Groudon, yes, the teams that he gives you ARE incredibly effective, but if you do not like some of the moves he TELLS you to give *which he cant really force you to* don't listen to him or anyone else. It's your game, your choice of moves, and your pokemon.

Anyways, my team:

Milotic Lv. 74
Leftovers
Moves:
WATER PULSE
Dragon Breath
Attract
Toxic

Gardevoir Lv. 78
Twisted Spoon
Moves:
Psychic
Magical Leaf (Kirlia learns in FR/LG)
Ice Punch
Fire Punch

Lunatone Lv. 77
nothing
Moves:
Toxic
Psychic
Cosmic Power
Explosion

See? I use my favorites. Sure I KNOW they aren't the BEST moves or pokemon, but if you work with your favorites and ARE dedicated to them, you'll have no chance of losing....metaphoricly speaking anyway....and of course it may actually win youa symbol. *I have five just from this team*

groudonlover
October 18th, 2008, 03:04 AM
The "Symbols" is in Emerald...
And that team is worth trying, but i got to use a Solrock instead of Lunatone, as you can't get'em in Ruby...

shanecdavis
October 18th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Yeah, we have gotten off-topic quite a bit. If you would like any more help, feel free to PM me. One thing I will say is there is no way you will win the Battle Tower with the team mentioned above, which is what you originally wanted help with. If you think I was "flaming" you, as the Pink kid above said, that wasn't my intention. You have come a long way from your original team. Keep it up.

groudonlover
October 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Ok now... let's talk about something else...
Who likes hamburgers?
(just kidding, that would have been a liiiiitle too much OT...)

And now i finnally have a team that have the ambitions to get past 50 wins
Now someone else might use this team too!