PDA

View Full Version : Illogical Justifications

Avey
September 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Notes: Poem contains hidden meanings and references. Read over again if you don't understand it.

Illogical Justifications // Reign of Love // Bond of Flames // A Farewell to Kings

Last night, I talked to a vampire,
About a political satire.
Although it was an interesting read,
I wish I hadn't done the deed.

I guess my parents should be proud,
I've been told I stole the show.
Yet all I feel is diversion,
From the only road I know.

I've been told every poem has a moral,
At least, that's what they said.
If I had a chance though,
Those people, they'd fall down dead.

Is it my reign of love,
that has ended all the fear?
That bond, it keeps flaming,
Does it cause all the blaming?

Every tale ends,
As every era passes.
They shall remember this thing;
A farewell to kings.

N-XIGE
September 5th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I read this poem yesterday; and it seems that there are really hidden meaning; but I would not have said that; I would go with the "There isn't any connection between the rhyming lines theory" but I won't since there seems to be a Nexus somewhere here that I haven't totally sought out...anyway; thumbs up for the camouflage...I'll get back to it later.

Alli
September 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Very nice. Not my favorte from you, I'll admit, but even still, one of the better poems I've read on PC. Well done, Rekhyt.

Stalin Malone
September 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Poetry is the bleatings of disturbed minds and not artwork. Instead of posting it here you should be going to get help instead.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 6th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Good, I liked how I found a story of a life passing through the poem.
(Rhymes FTW)

Poetry is the bleatings of disturbed minds and not artwork. Instead of posting it here you should be going to get help instead.

wow, that's about the nicest thing anyone has ever said about poetry T_T

get over yourself.
people express themselves through expressive things.
like poems. and paintings. and... storys, etc.

who the hell are you to go into someone's thread and say they are disturbed psychos?
JUST BECAUSE they wrote a poem.

hey, heres a poem for ya:

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Screw the rules,
Go away.

Stalin Malone
September 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry. I wasn't previously aware the research of several decades in the Psychiatric community on the nature of poems as a good tool to discover symptons was suddenly invalidated by the deep and scholarly insight of a 12 year old.

Avey
September 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I read this poem yesterday; and it seems that there are really hidden meaning; but I would not have said that; I would go with the "There isn't any connection between the rhyming lines theory" but I won't since there seems to be a Nexus somewhere here that I haven't totally sought out...anyway; thumbs up for the camouflage...I'll get back to it later.

Thanks for the review, even if we both know you won't get back to it later.

Very nice. Not my favorte from you, I'll admit, but even still, one of the better poems I've read on PC. Well done, Rekhyt.

Meh, I preferred my other two as well. Thank you.

And this is coming from a twenty year old who posts on a Pokémon forum?

Good, I liked how I found a story of a life passing through the poem.
(Rhymes FTW)

Yeah, it's meant to signify something along the lines of that.

I'm sorry. I wasn't previously aware the research of several decades in the Psychiatric community on the nature of poems as a good tool to discover symptons was suddenly invalidated by the deep and scholarly insight of a 12 year old.

I always believe psychiatry was a load of rubbish and I'm not going to stop believing that. Especially after what you just said.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 7th, 2008, 03:14 AM

I'm also sorry,
I didn't think about all those decades of psychiatric reasearch we're being preached by a grown man in a kid's anime show forum.
Please forgive me ^^

N-XIGE
September 7th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the review, even if we both know you won't get back to it later.

Well...it seems I did get back to it...and besides you guys shoudln't yell at the guy for being on this forums..you'll just be discouraging some members...like some supporters that are almost 30.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 7th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Well...it seems I did get back to it...and besides you guys shoudln't yell at the guy for being on this forums..you'll just be discouraging some members...like some supporters that are almost 30.

Actually, the point is he is discourageing people from writeing poetry and saying that they need psychiatric help.

if that isn't bad enough, he's basically trashing the poem Rekhyt made.

so... what seems more bad?
hm...?

the point is, he's being a "jerk" [/fwacensor]
and using display age to his advantage.
so, why can't we?

N-XIGE
September 7th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Well...the point is two wrongs don't make a right. That's what I'm getting at; I saw all he said before I even posted the last time; it's just best to ignore spammers like him, or object what they say...they should be left to mods...only we don't have any here in the Poetry forums...and besides; he is partially right...at least, only in the aspect where he says Pyschiatric help...that is only necessary in a case where the feelings expressed in the poem have gone out of control...nothing else...he's just another Spambot; leave him be.

And Rekhyt...I've had something from your poem;

EMPTY

Well...I'd say I couldn't find any error in this one...I had to re-read some of the thing's I originally put in the quote box and actually understood...but...I'll say you are either going away because the way things relate; they seem to turn you away from your original path and you have aknowleged that.

...at least; that's what I picked up except the rest of the hidden things are are diverted from the poem itself.

Let's see my rating...: 7.5/10 Now; this may not be good; but don't mind me...I'm just judging from the fact that I haven't found a decent Nexus between the 1st and Last paragraph.

Stalin Malone
September 7th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Dissenting from your views is enough to make you get lumped in as a spambot? What's wrong with you people?!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Well...the point is two wrongs don't make a right. That's what I'm getting at; I saw all he said before I even posted the last time; it's just best to ignore spammers like him, or object what they say...they should be left to mods...only we don't have any here in the Poetry forums...and besides; he is partially right...at least, only in the aspect where he says Pyschiatric help...that is only necessary in a case where the feelings expressed in the poem have gone out of control...nothing else...he's just another Spambot; leave him be.

And Rekhyt...I've had something from your poem;

Well...I'd say I couldn't find any error in this one...I had to re-read some of the thing's I originally put in the quote box and actually understood...but...I'll say you are either going away because the way things relate; they seem to turn you away from your original path and you have aknowleged that.

...at least; that's what I picked up except the rest of the hidden things are are diverted from the poem itself.

Let's see my rating...: 7.5/10 Now; this may not be good; but don't mind me...I'm just judging from the fact that I haven't found a decent Nexus between the 1st and Last paragraph.

Heh. You're probably right.
Maybe I'm just a little to pissed off a people who trash things without good reason and use "facts" instead.

I think admins/super mods moderate this forum...

but, before this whole ordeal is done, one last horah:

Dissenting from your views is enough to make you get lumped in as a spambot? What's wrong with you people?!

Maybe it's because we all write poetry

Proto
September 7th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Guys, cool it. D: BRTD, you're more than entitled to your opinions, but your post was extremely rude. If you want to debate about the nature of poetry, try making a new thread (perhaps a debate thread in Other Chat.) Bottom line, posting it here in Rekhyt's thread was uncalled for. Unless you're going to give constructive criticism, compliments, advice, and so on, don't post in here.

Avey
September 8th, 2008, 07:36 AM

BRTD, I want to apologise about my outburst. It was late at night and I wasn't in complete control of the beautiful thing known as common sense. We're all entitled to our own opinions and I respect that.

You wouldn't mind making a debate thread about whether or not poetry signifies madness?

Thank you for the review.