PDA

View Full Version : R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Ok. I've been noticing a LOT of Monotype challenges for the R/S/E series, so, how about a complete challenge? Meaning, you can choose ANY ONE type and use the pokemon for that specific type. You may use them, breed them, whatever, as long as it is that ONE type you have signed for.
You may start with ANY starter, and use them to help TRAIN your OTHER pokemon, but not for trainer battles.
Ex. Training Ralts until it learns Confusion.
Some types I WILL have exceptions to. Such as Dragon and Ghost. There are not alot of either type, so if you use pokemon that are LIKE the two types (I will make exceptions on others, too), then that is acceptable.

Gardener(s) : sdfs
Plain Jane(s) :
Pyromaniac(s) : Pyromaniac45
Burrower(s) :
Dragon Slayer(s) :
Night Walker(s) :
Aqua Blatser(s) :
Static Shocker(s) :
Spirit Walker(s) :
Freezer(s) : Pikataro
Iron Head(s) :
Boulder Basher(s) :
Black Beltt(s) : ArmyGuy0628
Air Pilot(s) : MoonlightKnight
Entomologist(s) :
Magician(s) : Parabolic
Venom(s) : WKnite

The nicknames are relavant to the type so if you are confused let me know. You may use any of the pokemon from your selected type, like said before, but you must put at least ONE update each day.

If anyone wishes to join just let me know! (Or post here)

EDIT: More than one person can use a specific type. Meaning two or fifteen people can use water. Not just one.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 08:18 AM
hey! I'd like to try this out. I'd prefer the fire type, so I guess that would be Pyromaniac?

what about dual classes? like ice and water or fire and fighting? are those allowed?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Dual are most definitely allowed.
And yes you may have the fire type! ^w^

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
awesome, so I can start anytime, and just record my progress here every day, or should I wait for more people?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
awesome, so I can start anytime, and just record my progress here every day, or should I wait for more people?
Anytime you'd like.
Just remember to record you post at LEAST once a day.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
well, I'll be playing on Pokemon Ruby, with Torchic as my starter. (duh)

bolmy
September 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Why don't you get together with the others who have monotype challenges and make them all in one big ol' thread?

Or are my ideas retarded?
(Having a bad day, so take my ideas with a pinch of salt)

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Why don't you get together with the others who have monotype challenges and make them all in one big ol' thread?

Or are my ideas retarded?
(Having a bad day, so take my ideas with a pinch of salt)
Meh.....idk
but no....your ideas are not dumb.
lol

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 09:15 AM
hey... can we have HM slaves that aren't the type we choose?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
hey... can we have HM slaves that aren't the type we choose?
Yeah
Any and all HM slaves are welcome.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Start Time: 11:48 am
did all the beginning things like Brich's intro, set the clock, save Birch, got Torchic, and trained on route 101 and route 103 until I was level 10. then I pwned May. Continued on my adventure. ( I could write this whole thing kinda like a fanfic. but I'm lazy) made my way to daddy's gym, watched wally catch his pokemon (how in the world did he train that thing?).

Made it though Petalburg Woods, Got the wailmer pail! (OMG! the Wailmer Pail!! how did I ever live without it?!? -_-') Made it to Pedalburg Gym and Double kicked Roxanne's ass. boo-yeah! (perhaps I should be taking some screen shots of this shouldn't I?). anyways, I rescued the little birdie, got cut, and bought a few items. pokeballs and potions and such. I caught a Nincada, made it learn cut, then I continuted on my adventure towards Brawly.
Brawly killed me... I should have healed instead of fighting all the trainers and then him in and row... oh well. I returned to him and destroyed him!

that's enough for today.

Pokemon: Blaze/Combusken Lv. 22
Nincada: Lv. 7
Badges: 2
Pokedex: 3
End Time: 12:27 (play time: 2 hrs. 25 mins acording to the game clock. I llive for the Turbo button ^.^)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/2.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/1.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/3.jpg

Parabolic
September 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Grabbing psychic on Emerald! Ralts for-the-flipping-win.

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Have fun! <3
You guys can also sign up for more than one type as well!

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
like... more than one type per game, or start a new game with a different type?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM
like... more than one type per game, or start a new game with a different type?
more than one per game. OR once you are done with the first challenge (or you wish to redo anything) you can change your selected type.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
if we can have more than one type, then what's the point of having a monotype challange?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM
if we can have more than one type, then what's the point of having a monotype challange?
I didnt mean in one play
I meant in one game have fire, another water, and the other, grass!
And if you beat the game with EACH of those, then you may start the challenge again with a whole new type tdifferent than your last.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
ooooh, I get it now. heh, I thought you ment having more than one type on a single play. good thing it's cleared up.

so this challenge goes to entering the Hall of Fame I'm assuming right?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
ooooh, I get it now. heh, I thought you ment having more than one type on a single play. good thing it's cleared up.

so this challenge goes to entering the Hall of Fame I'm assuming right?
Yeah up to the Hall of Fame (Unless you wish to go further).

bolmy
September 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Meh.....idk
but no....your ideas are not dumb.
lol

I take some comfort in this then XD

I'm debating whether joining up here and running Dark on my second copy of Sapphire, but I dunno. Seeing as I'm already doing a Dark challenge *shruggies*

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I take some comfort in this then XD

I'm debating whether joining up here and running Dark on my second copy of Sapphire, but I dunno. Seeing as I'm already doing a Dark challenge *shruggies*
Do whatever you wish! ^w^ You can join at ANY time so just post which type you would like when you are ready! ^w^

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 10:31 AM
hey, which one would be rock type? Bolder Bashers? I think I'd like to do a rock type for my next one. after I'm done with fire ^_^

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
hey, which one would be rock type? Bolder Bashers? I think I'd like to do a rock type for my next one. after I'm done with fire ^_^
Yep! You guys dont have to say the nickname you're signing up for. Just the types. I'll get the types and all.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Start Time: 1:05

Delievered the package. hopefully it was a message that would self destruct as soon as it left my hands and save me the trouble of beating him later. then! I left the Island. there was nothing left for me here anyways.Fought my way up the beach and scored 6 free soda pops! Then I kicked the snot out of the two magma grunts. I trained on route 110 for a while. man I hate Marshtomp... stupid Mudshot. luckily I was level 27, so I double kicked her ass too. take that May! continuted with my training until I was Level 30. then defeated everyone on the biking road. I decided on Aron for my second HM slave. He shall get rock Smash and Strength. (when I get Strength of course.amazingly, he almost KO'ed my Blaze. I was scratching him, being careful not to kill him, and he ended up dropping me to 9 hp. bastard...

anyways, I got my thrid badge, reunited the couple in the cave, and saw Wally again. made my way north and finnaly caught my second pokemon. Numel. so I ran around everywhere I've already been training him. I continued on my quest when he was level 23. I ventured on, saw Team Magma steal the meteor, thwarted their plans in the volcano, and got the fourth badge! Numel preformed admirably. he KO'ed every pokemon in the Gym. expect for Flannery's Torkoal. Numel got knocked out. but Blaze beat the snot out of it, so it's no problem. I got the Go-Goggles from May. no battle because she's afraid of me! muhahha! anyways, I grabbed the claw fossil just to have even though it's not going to do me any good. then I raced back to fight Norman. he got pwned. along with every trainer in his gym. I love Blazekin.

now I need to adventure to find a slave to use surf. I wonder where I can find one.

Pokemon:
Blaze/Blazekin Level 41
Numel Level 30

Slave 1 & Slave 2 level 7 and 11
Badges: 5
Pokedex: 6
Endtime: 2:57 (play time 9:49 I really like that Turbo button!)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/4.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/5.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/6.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/7.jpg

Parabolic
September 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Well... I haven't done much... been busy being sick, working on my POKeMON manga, and doing some work on my RPG which is coming along okay...

So here is what I have soo far.

Started, got a Torchic, searched the grass for an hour or so and got me a Ralts. Met Wally (Bish stole my idea! He doesn't deserve a Ralts...), talked to Norman, And now I am on route 104... yeah, not much. XD

Party:
Ralts lvl 12

Badges:
N/A

Question! On Emerald, could we choose to extend our challenge to the Battle Frontier as well?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Well... I haven't done much... been busy being sick, working on my POKeMON manga, and doign some work on my RPG which is coming along okay...

So here is what I have soo far.

Started, got a Torchic, searched the grass for an hour or so and got me a Ralts. Met Wally (Bish stole my idea! He doesn't deserve a Ralts...), talked to Norman, And now I am on route 104... yeah, not much. XD

Party:
Ralts lvl 12

Question! On Emerald, could we choose to extend our challenge to the Battle Frontier as well?

Yes you may! Just as long as you keep the same type. ^w^

Parabolic
September 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Sweet. I'll have to trade for a Meditite to make my party battle-worthy for it, but I'll do it. :P

Amplified Ampharos
September 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hey can I be Air Pilot and Psychic trainer or only 1

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hey can I be Air Pilot and Psychic trainer or only 1
You can be both but it must be for seperate games. Psychic on one and Flying on the other.

Amplified Ampharos
September 5th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Oh then just sign me up for Flyng

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
hey, which pokemon would qualify to be a dragon or a ghost? because you said they have to be similar, so which ones would be okay for dragons and ghosts?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM
hey, which pokemon would qualify to be a dragon or a ghost? because you said they have to be similar, so which ones would be okay for dragons and ghosts?
Dragon:
Gyarados
Sceptile
Seviper
Milotic
Seadra (If unable to get Kingdra)

Ghost:
Chimecho
Wobbufet
Swalot
Gardevoir
Weezing

There are other types that may have exceptions as well.

Parabolic
September 5th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Okay... caught a snag. Can I have permission to beat up that Aqua member that only has a Poochyena with my Torchic and then put it back? ;.;

I can't progress through the game unless I beat it. I don't think I have any TMs so it's kind of my only option right now...

WKnite
September 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Im gonna join either way this question will just effect my type of choice
If using a rom can it be set to get a pokemon of selected type as a starter?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Okay... caught a snag. Can I have permission to beat up that Aqua member that only has a Poochyena with my Torchic and then put it back? ;.;

I can't progress through the game unless I beat it. I don't think I have any TMs so it's kind of my only option right now...
That falls under training your pokemon so yes, you may use it.

Im gonna join either way this question will just effect my type of choice
If using a rom can it be set to get a pokemon of selected type as a starter?
Sorry but you made no sense to me. I dont know wtf roms are but....

sdfs
September 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hey, can I do the ground type? ^^

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, can I do the ground type? ^^
Most certainly! ^w^
Ground type is another type that I will make exceptions to.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
a rom is playing a console game on a comupter, which is what I do. but using a rom is no problem, as long as you don't use cheats. just stick with the original core game and it should be fine.

don't set it to get anyone as a starter (i'm assuming you mean a hack) just choose a starter, and as soon as there is a type available, then catch it, and release your starter into the wild!

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:12 PM
a rom is playing a console game on a comupter, which is what I do. but using a rom is no problem, as long as you don't use cheats. just stick with the original core game and it should be fine.
._." wow....seems complicated to me
XD

sdfs
September 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Really? Because I thought about it and I can get 6 ground types from the game :P But then again, I wouldn't mind losing whiscash....What kind of exception?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Really? Because I thought about it and I can get 6 ground types from the game :P But then again, I wouldn't mind losing whiscash....What kind of exception?
ANY rock type
Snorunt and Glalie
that's it

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 02:19 PM
It really isn't confusing at all.

Hacking is confusing. I tried to learn how to do it, but I couldn't. way too hard for me. but playing hacks (games people made themselves, like Zel's Shiny Gold, he took Fire Red, and moved everything around to make the game exactly like Gold Version) is really fun. and the emulator is really handy because of the turbo button (speeds the game up 10X) and the save state feature (save anywhere, even in the middle of a battle.) send me a PM and I'll teach you how to emulate

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
It really isn't confusing at all.

Hacking is confusing. I tried to learn how to do it, but I couldn't. way too hard for me. but playing hacks (games people made themselves, like Zel's Shiny Gold, he took Fire Red, and moved everything around to make the game exactly like Gold Version) is really fun. and the emulator is really handy because of the turbo button (speeds the game up 10X) and the save state feature (save anywhere, even in the middle of a battle.) send me a PM and I'll teach you how to emulate
Well from what i hear you have to download stuff to use them (And my laptop is pretty messed up as it is) so i'll politely refuse that offer!
XD
Thanks though~<3

sdfs
September 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Alright, thanks ^^ So, is Swampert, Rhydon, Camerupt, Flygon, Aggron, Solrock okay? If not, I can change it. ^^

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I was thinking Pink_Lopunny, you should send a request to Kip to make us some user bars as well.

WKnite
September 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Can I please take Poison? (Crobat FTW)

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Alright, thanks ^^ So, is Swampert, Rhydon, Camerupt, Flygon, Aggron, Solrock okay? If not, I can change it. ^^
Yep! Sure is! Just make sure they each know at least ONE, ground type move.

Can I please take Poison? (Crobat FTW)
You got it! ^w^
And yes, Crobat does pwn
XD

sdfs
September 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM
All of them or just the non ground type pokemon?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM
All of them or just the non ground type pokemon?
All. If not possible then a Ground related move *Such as Sand-Attack or Sandstorm*

WKnite
September 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I has one question... for now... are we allowed to train multiples of the same pokemon?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I has one question... for now... are we allowed to train multiples of the same pokemon?
Well....it depends.....sorta.....what pokemon are you planning to use?

I was thinking Pink_Lopunny, you should send a request to Kip to make us some user bars as well.
I sent him one but he isnt online.....or at least....idt so

WKnite
September 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
well would this be okay:
Dustox
Crobat(2)
Tentacruel
Muk
Vileplume

sdfs
September 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Alright, I fixed my team to have at least one ground type move each ^^ I'll start now ^^

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
well would this be okay:
Dustox
Crobat(2)
Tentacruel
Muk
Vileplume
well.......seeing as Crobat IS hard to get....one Crobat...They have Weezing too you know.

WKnite
September 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Well could I move the two to Dustox or Tentacruel? I really dont like swalot/wheezing/roselia and im using Ruby so I cant get Seviper.
would this be okay:
Dustox
Crobat
Tentacruel
Muk
Vileplume

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Well could I move the two to Dustox or Tentacruel? I really dont like swalot/wheezing/roselia and im using Ruby so I cant get Seviper.
would this be okay:
Dustox
Crobat
Tentacruel
Muk
Vileplume
Hmm.....I suppose so. But good luck training two!

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Start Time 5:00 pm (i'm playing PBR at the same time!)
So i decided on Zangoose for my surfing slave. he was difficult to catch because all my attacks KO'ed him in one hit. eventually I encountered one that was a
level 14, and my numel only got a Magnatude 4, so it didn't kill him, but hurt him enough to be caught. he also picks up random items, but I don't think I'll
be taking them off of him because that would be using him for something other than my slaveness.so I went into New Mauville (just for the training purposes),
and played around there for a while. I shut off the Generator, and my Numel died. then by Blaze got paralyzed, and I found out that I had no paralyze heals
or cheri berries, so I tried to dash back to the entrance, but I kept getting into battles, and I almost died. 3 HP left, so i used one of my escape ropes!
^_^

I made it back to Mauville, got thunderbolt, and continued my adventure west! I beat the TV team, and then the unthinkable happened... my Numel evolved! they
grow up so fast!
anyways, I made it to the weather institute, and Camerupt single handedly took out team Magma. I got myself a castform, and he went stright to the box. poor
guy. afterwards I fought May again, and Camerupt almost KO'ed her whole team. I'm so dissipointed. she's a crappy rival. rivals should be strong!! from here
on out, she's no longer my rival. Wally is. Take that May!! I then caught Tropicus as my flying slave...

Round 1!!
Winona's Gym was cake. Winona on the other hand, kicked my ass, as I knew she would.Training is now in order... I think a lv. 40 camerumpt should do better.

round 2!! I was so close!! curse the criticle hits! Camerupt destroyed all of them in 1 hit except for skomary and Alteria. Skomary fell in on hit for the
firey leg of Blazekin, and Alteria barely beat me. I slashed her once, I slashed her twice, and she had a nick of health left. the she used a hyper potion.
so I slashed her again. she used earthquake, and I slashed a second time. I had about half my health left, and she had a silver. I used a hyper potion, and
she used earthquake, and got a crit hit for a KO!!! GRRRAAHHH!

round 3: no problem. just like last battle, except this time I killed her. I hate Winona...
I made it to Lilycove and kicked May's ass for the final time. she finnaly gave up. then I went to Mt. Pyre to see team Magma cause ruckus. (I can't even use
Grudon, because he's a ground type, not fire. this just occured to me)

end time: 6:27
Pokemon: Blaze/Blazekin lv. 43
Camerupt: Lv.40
Slaves 1,2,3,4
badges:6
Pokedex:10
Play time 12:45
if that was how long I'd really played for (without the turbo) I would be done the game already.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/8.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/9.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/10.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/11.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/12.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/13.jpg

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Start Time 5:00 pm (i'm playing PBR at the same time!)
So i decided on Zangoose for my surfing slave. he was difficult to catch because all my attacks KO'ed him in one hit. eventually I encountered one that was a
level 14, and my numel only got a Magnatude 4, so it didn't kill him, but hurt him enough to be caught. he also picks up random items, but I don't think I'll
be taking them off of him because that would be using him for something other than my slaveness.so I went into New Mauville (just for the training purposes),
and played around there for a while. I shut off the Generator, and my Numel died. then by Blaze got paralyzed, and I found out that I had no paralyze heals
or cheri berries, so I tried to dash back to the entrance, but I kept getting into battles, and I almost died. 3 HP left, so i used one of my escape ropes!
^_^

I made it back to Mauville, got thunderbolt, and continued my adventure west! I beat the TV team, and then the unthinkable happened... my Numel evolved! they
grow up so fast!
anyways, I made it to the weather institute, and Camerupt single handedly took out team Magma. I got myself a castform, and he went stright to the box. poor
guy. afterwards I fought May again, and Camerupt almost KO'ed her whole team. I'm so dissipointed. she's a crappy rival. rivals should be strong!! from here
on out, she's no longer my rival. Wally is. Take that May!! I then caught Tropicus as my flying slave...

Round 1!!
Winona's Gym was cake. Winona on the other hand, kicked my ass, as I knew she would.Training is now in order... I think a lv. 40 camerumpt should do better.

round 2!! I was so close!! curse the criticle hits! Camerupt destroyed all of them in 1 hit except for skomary and Alteria. Skomary fell in on hit for the
firey leg of Blazekin, and Alteria barely beat me. I slashed her once, I slashed her twice, and she had a nick of health left. the she used a hyper potion.
so I slashed her again. she used earthquake, and I slashed a second time. I had about half my health left, and she had a silver. I used a hyper potion, and
she used earthquake, and got a crit hit for a KO!!! GRRRAAHHH!

round 3: no problem. just like last battle, except this time I killed her. I hate Winona...
I made it to Lilycove and kicked May's ass for the final time. she finnaly gave up. then I went to Mt. Pyre to see team Magma cause ruckus. (I can't even use
Grudon, because he's a ground type, not fire. this just occured to me)

end time: 6:27
Pokemon: Blaze/Blazekin lv. 43
Camerupt: Lv.40
Slaves 1,2,3,4
badges:6
Pokedex:10
Play time 12:45
if that was how long I'd really played for (without the turbo) I would be done the game already.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/8.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/9.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/10.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/11.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/12.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/13.jpg
Pics were fricking hilarious!
XD

Ninja Caterpie
September 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Cats of looooooooaaaaaaal!!!!!

Can I put my Grass Challenge data into this one too?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Cats of looooooooaaaaaaal!!!!!

Can I put my Grass Challenge data into this one too?
go for it.
And wtf with the cats thing?

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Any chance I could be Ice? If not, then any other available type?

And... How exactly does this work? I'm new to the whole thing, and if I need to give any other info., feel free to let me know... ^^'

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Any chance I could be Ice? If not, then any other available type?
Yep! Since Ice isnt available at start it is one of the exception types.

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Sweet ^^ Thanks!

Any chance I could use Eevee? Since it *can* evolve(s) into Glaceon?

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
but it doesn't evolve into glacion in this generation of pokemon...

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Sweet ^^ Thanks!

Any chance I could use Eevee? Since it *can* evolve(s) into Glaceon?
Well remember this is for the GBA series of Hoenn....you cant get Eevee in those games.

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
'K then.

My starter: Glace, a female Snorunt. And I know it can't evolve into Frosslass, but it can still become Glalie.

Glace is level 15 for the time being. And then there's the male Spheal, Icicle. Level 15 as well.

I hope this is good? *still a tad confused; will get it eventually* Does this have to be via a GBA game? If it is, I could use an emulator...

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
'K then.

My starter: Glace, a female Snorunt. And I know it can't evolve into Frosslass, but it can still become Glalie.

Glace is level 15 for the time being. And then there's the male Spheal, Icicle. Level 15 as well.

I hope this is good? *still a tad confused; will get it eventually* Does this have to be via a GBA game? If it is, I could use an emulator...
Yeah it does. Only Ruby, Saohire, or Emerald. *And how did you get a Snorunt?*

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Eh, I'll have to start over then. I'll probably get the Snorunt later... Meaning I'll have to go upstairs and get the laptop booted up so I can play my emulators (currently is on an Apple, which can't play my emulators whatsoever).

If so, then my starter will be a female Mudkip level 5 (her nickname will be Saph). I think I'll use Sapphire for this...

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Eh, I'll have to start over then. I'll probably get the Snorunt later... Meaning I'll have to go upstairs and get the laptop booted up so I can play my emulators (currently is on an Apple, which can't play my emulators whatsoever).

If so, then my starter will be a female Mudkip level 5 (her nickname will be Saph). I think I'll use Sapphire for this...
Ok! Got it! Have funand do your best!
^w^

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM
OK, never mind. Got a VBA emulator for the Mac XD And best of all, it plays the game.

So, I'll be getting Sapphire any second now...

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
OK, never mind. Got a VBA emulator for the Mac XD And best of all, it plays the game.

So, I'll be getting Sapphire any second now...
lol
be sure to keep a record of events!
<3

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I will.

Now if only I could get a girl Mudkip... *mutter mutter* XD

Got one ^^ I just started, and since I'll be also posting on here, it may take a while 'til I log off and all...

Oh, and would Lotad count as an Ice exception? I'm assuming Water types could be Ice-ish 'til I get an actual Ice type?

(Dusty<3)
September 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I will.

Now if only I could get a girl Mudkip... *mutter mutter* XD

Got one ^^ I just started, and since I'll be also posting on here, it may take a while 'til I log off and all...

Oh, and would Lotad count as an Ice exception? I'm assuming Water types could be Ice-ish 'til I get an actual Ice type?
Well....Lotad isn very compatible with Ice type moves.....but I suppose so...

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well, you can teach it Blizzard... XD

The Mudkip is now level 6, named Saph. I'm still making progress though, before I save and all.

Pyromaniac45
September 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Start Time 7:08
on the way down Mt. Pyre, I made sure to find a Vulpix. I was lucky. Blazekin's Peck left it with 1 hp remaining! I then flew to Fortree. There, I was able to pake Tripcus learn flash, strength, and rock smash, and Zigzagoon learned Cut, making Aron and Nincada useless. they have been released into the wild. I managed to catch a Marill, so I would be able to use dive and waterfall later. (I think he can use those attacks...)

My vulpix seemed weak as well (level 27) So i decided to train on Route 123. She got Ko'ed a few times, but her level grew, which was nice. once Vulpix was level 33 I flew to Petalburg to watch Team Magma run away with the submarine. damn... I've always hated this part... I've never liked infiltrating bases... it sucks as well that Vulpix kept on getting KO'ed. but Camrupt picked up the scraps. I then went back to Fortree to Train my Vulpix. Then I went just ouside of Lillycove until she was at Level 40.

Sheeh, Grinding is hard. but Vulpix is finnaly level 40. now for the seventh badge, which I have a very bad feeling for. anyways, I've never liked going on the ocean. luckily by Blazekin's slash and double kick is enough to fell any enemie that comes my way.

HOLY CRAP!! I destroyed Kate and Liza!! that's the first time ever than I've beaten them on my first go. I used my level 44 Blazekin, and my level 45 Camerupt, and I destroyed them! They always kicked my ass, always... this is awesome!

After my triumphant victory, I went diving, looking for a Red Shard so I can Get a Ninetails, but no luck. I found Pearls, Big Pearls, Yellow and Green Shards, but no Red. damn. I eventually accidently found Team Magma's Submarine, so i decided that now was the time to act!I kicked ass all the way though, even though it took 15 minutes to figure out those damn rock puzzles... Maxie wasn't so hard. his fully powered Camerupt killed my half powered Camerupt. no problems though. Blazekin destroyed it. then I watched the awesome Groudon jumping though the roof of the cave. I never understood that one. oh well.
I should be able to use him damnit. stupid ground types... Then i took off to Sootaplois, and caught him for the fun of it. I'll trade it to my FireRed game later. then I went and used my Blazekin to destroy the ENTIRE 8th gym. I wish. I got Pwned. so, off to grind I go.

End Time 8:57
Pokemon: Blazekin: lv. 49
Vulpix Lv. 40
Camerupt: lv. 47
Slaves # 2,3,4
Pokedex: 13
Playtime 20:14

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/14.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/15.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/16.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/17.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/18.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/19.jpg

sdfs
September 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Start time: 7:04
Did all the beginning stuff, and trained. Trained my mudkip (who I named Mizugorou :) ) . Beat May, got free stuff, etc. Went looking for a zigzagoon to be an hm slave, but I seemed to get only Poochyena and Wurmple. (This happens to me a lot ._.). Ended up getting one eventually, spent all my money. Moving on. Wally gets his ralts, that guy stopped me, talked to me about talented trainers, and then I was let free to go into the Petalburg Woods.

More story stuff. Got out of Petalburg Woods. You guys know this stuff, so it's best not to bore you to death :) Wailmer pail obtained. Like that'll help me. Mizugorou evolved after battling Rich Boy Winston. He will never be cute again.

Got Cut and the Quick Claw before fighting Roxanne. Water Gun/Mud Shot her to death. Defeat the Aqua grunt and got the pokenav.

Update on Team:
Mizugorou-Marshtomp-Adamant-Level 21
Time played: 51 minutes.
(If you wonder how I'm doing this so fast, I'm playing a rom and using the fast foward button when I walk and such)

Beat May and made my way to Dewford. I caught the second pokemon for my party. Kokodora the Aron. :) Caught a Lotad for Flash (went back to petalburg). I'm not being very picky about my pokemon. My Aron has Sturdy (which is pretty useless to me) but hey, having one is better than not having one. Continued to train Kokodora in Granite Cave.
----Distractions: Ate food, played some other games for a bit with friends-----
Back to the game. Beat Brawly with Mizugorou. I got really lucky. Mudshot got a critical hit and 1 hit KO'd his makuhita. :)

Current Party:
Kokodora-Aron-Careful-Level 18
Mizugorou-Marshtomp-Adamant-Level 22
Time played: 2 hours, 8 minutes
(With breaks)

Delivered Steven's Letter and leveled Kokodora to level 22. Delivered the good to the Captain, went on to talk to Birch. Did trick house and beat May.
And that'll be all for today:
Kokodora-Aron-Careful-level 25
Mizugorou-Marshtomp-Adamant-level 26
On the route to Mauville, playtime: 3 hours 21 minutes (with distractions, other games, etc).

Eucliffe
September 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Total time spent - 2 hours 34 minutes
Start time - 9:20 PM
End time - 11:54 PM
Badges - 1
Pokemon - Saph (female Marshtomp; level 18), Gale (female Magikarp; level 12), Shy (female Skitty; level 9)

I started from the very beginning and am now in Dewford. It'll probably take me a while to evolve Gale...

Parabolic
September 6th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Okay...

Used Torchic to take care of the pesky Aqua, trained Ralts to 13 and got bored with it so I decided to try Rustboro Gym with him. Risky, yes, but I find it more enjoyable that way. Ralts reached lvl 14 off the trainers, I left, POKe Center'd, and challenged Roxanne. If it weren't for Double Team, I would have used up my potions and lost, but thanks for the best low-level weak-mon helper move, I trounced her. :)

POKeMON:
Ralts - lvl 15

Badges:
Stone Badge

~SilverSoul
September 6th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I would like water, please. I dunno which version I'll use yet.

bolmy
September 6th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'll do this.

It's sorta different to the other challenge I'm doing, so I'll run them paralell and see how well I get on.

I think I'd have to go Dark again, due to not being able to get through a game without my beloved Absol.

(Dusty<3)
September 6th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I would like water, please. I dunno which version I'll use yet.
No problem! Have fuuunnnn!

I'll do this.

It's sorta different to the other challenge I'm doing, so I'll run them paralell and see how well I get on.

I think I'd have to go Dark again, due to not being able to get through a game without my beloved Absol.
XD
I can live without Absol.

bolmy
September 6th, 2008, 07:08 AM
XD
I can live without Absol.

No one can live without Absol! Anyone who says otherwise is in denial *shifty eyes*

I'll start tonight. My first detailed post shall be tomorrow at some point :)

(Dusty<3)
September 6th, 2008, 07:10 AM
No one can live without Absol! Anyone who says otherwise is in denial *shifty eyes*

I'll start tonight. My first detailed post shall be tomorrow at some point :)
The only thing I LIKE about it is it's ability to learn Razor Wind.

And have fun!

WKnite
September 6th, 2008, 07:28 AM
:( I forgot to save when I got to rustboro's gym so right now I have a level 7 and 8 Cascoon and im headed towards Norman's gym.

sdfs
September 6th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Start time: 9:58
Entered Mauville, got rock smash, and got a mach bike. Trained on the trainers on the routes of each side of Mauville before going down Cycling Road. Picked up a harbor mail in slateport before biking back up Cycling Road. Traded the harbor mail for the girl's coincase. Bought 1000 coins before leaving. (I have no money now ^^; ). I beat Wally easily, and his uncle and Scott talked to me.

Update:
Kokodora-Aron-level 30
Mizugorou-Marshtomp-level 26

Pokedex:
Seen 49
Own 5
XD I'm really bad about this. I usually just go through catching what I want, then I go back and catch all the other pokemon (after the elite four).
Play Time for today: 38 minutes

I entered the Mauville gym and beat all the trainers easily with mizugorou. (Mudshot for the win, though, I ended up using watergun on the Illumise and Volbeat. Annoying little things.). Healed up before taking on Wattson. It wasn't a hard battle, my attacks just missed a couple of times. Leaving the gym, I went to train up Mizugorou to 30.

---Break----

Start time: 11:56
Got to Verdanturf and cleared up Rusturf Tunnel. Afterwards, I went back and did the second trick house challenge. Backtracked through Rusturf tunnel and got the ball from the Devon guy. Went back to mauville and bought 500 more coins before leaving to the north. Kokodora evolved into a Lairon. :) Right after that, I caught my third pokemon, Bakuuda the Numel. I went to go train him up a bit before continuing.

Time: 53 minutes playing
Still training Bakuuda. When he reached level 20, I decided it was time to move on.
Team:
Bakuuda-Numel-Brave-Level 20
Kokodora-Lairon-Careful-Level 32
Mizugorou-Marshtomp-Adamant-Level 30
(HM slaves aren't important enough to get a mention)

Worked my way to the creepy old lady's rest house. Bakuuda had grown to level 23 from fighting trainers, but a wailmer killed him. Beat the next cool trainer and rested in the weird lady's house again. Saved on the ashy route.

Bakuuda-Numel-24
Kokodora-Lairon-32
Mizugorou-Marshtomp-30

Pokemon Seen: 57
Pokemon Caught: 7

Time: 1 hour, 14 minutes.

Pyromaniac45
September 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
start time 11:00am
I didn't grind, I just fought him again, stubbonly refusing to admit defeat. this time I got lucky and nailed a critical hit when i used double kick on Milotic, which knocked him out. I rock.

So I'm finnaly at the E4... I have a feeling I'm going to get my ass kicked three times sideways. but oh well. it's not like I can quit now. I trained inside the Victory Road, but my Vulpix kept dying, so I decided to go and do as many side quests as possible. I did as much as the trick house as I could. only the level that becomes available after beating the elite four remains, and that's done. I climbed to the top of Mt. Pyre, inside and out. and I evolved my Vulpix and taught it fire blast. then I went back to training. I think I'll be doing a lot of this for the next few hours... I ventured down to pacifidlog town, and ventured west some more, knocking out all the trainers I came by. the only pokemon I had troubles with were Azumarill and Peliper. once all my pokemon were level 50 or higher, I decided to try and make it though VR. I made it up the waterfall, and then Cooltrainter Vito Ko'ed me. I made it to the end after healing and giving it another go. I made it to wally, and my Camerupt KO'ed his whole team all the way up to Gravedior. usually his last pokemon. It Ko'ed my Camerupe and BlazeKin in one hit each. so I sent out Ninetails. it was a good fight, and I got lucky. I kept it confused and it kept hitting me. Ninetails had 29 ho left, 0 PP on both Flamethrower and Fire Blast so all it have left was quick attack. but I won. I could taste victory. then suddenly out comes roselia. I had compleatly forgotten about it. so I revived my camerupt as it KO'ed my Ninetails, but then Camerupts eruption destroyed it. I had made it through. I figured that since I was already there, I might as well take on the Pkmn league, so I put Blaze in first, took his Macho Brace off, and went for it! I was KO'ed on the first try. I beat his first 4, and then Sharpedo used surf on me. TT_TT So then I decided to go into VR and just grind. I put the macho Brace back on Blaze, and went at it. If it wasn't for the stupid Macho Brace, Blaze would have PWNED everyone, but because of the macho brace, Golbat was faster than him, and after four or five wingattacks, Blaze would faint. Ninetails was speedy, he didn't have that problem, he pwned everyone in the cave. Camerupt is slow anyways, so he dies sometimes. I decided to get my team to level 60 before trying again.
OKay, before I go into the E4, I'll post everything about my pokemon.

Blaze/Blazekin lv. 61
Careful Nature
Hp 187
AtK 167
DEF 114
SP.ATK 154
SP.DEF 106
SPD 134
Attacks: Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Double Kick, Slash
Ninetails Lv. 60
Hasty Nature
Hp 168
AtK 110
DEF 108
SP.ATK 125
SP.DEF 137
SPD 182
Attacks: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack

Camerupt lv. 60
Gentle Nature
Hp 176
AtK 135
DEF 104
SP.ATK 155
SP.DEF 111
SPD 81
attacks: Ember, Rock Slide, Eruption, Earthquake.
If anyone has any tips for me before I attack the E4, please, tell me. I have a feeling I'm gonna get pwned. If only I had my lv. 100 Blaze with me... I can beat the entire Elite Four with just him.

End Time 1:13 pm
Pokedex: 14
Playtime 32:30 in reality... about 6 hours.

Parabolic
September 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
You haven't taken the time to get a Torkoal or anything? I know there are more fire types than that... and you'll need more POKeMON for the elite four. O.o

Pyromaniac45
September 6th, 2008, 12:55 PM
You haven't taken the time to get a Torkoal or anything? I know there are more fire types than that... and you'll need more POKeMON for the elite four. O.o

there are 5 pokemon.

Torchic, Slugma, Numel, Vulpix, and Tokoal.

I chose Torchic, Numel, and Vulpix. and I'm doing not bad.

3:15pm

I started with Camerupt, because I know Mightyina would cut my attack, so I used eruption and Ko'ed him in one go. I then switched into Blaze, and Ko'ed everyone else using double kick or blaze kick. easy battle. Then I fought Phebe, My Camerupt used eruption again, and ko'ed Dusklops. I switched into Ninetails for the second one. we confused eachother, but I kept hitting myself and dusklops used earthquake until I fainted. damn him. Blaze came out, and blazekicked him twice. she healed him, then I got a crit blaze kick for the KO. Sableye came out next. it survived the blaze kick, but only barely. with a burn as well. it attracted me, then died because of the burn. Banette died easily. I missed the second one, and it used that stupid attack Spite, and it Desroyed my PP... so I used an ether on blaze kick, and finished the battle. The next battle, I used Blaze first. against Galie. Sky Uppercut mised twice, allowing Hail to be used, but Galie fainted once it finnaly hit. Sealeo died one hit against Sky Uppercut as well. both of them did. (I've used Blaze in a lot of E4 battles in the past ^_^) it almost KO'ed Walrein in one hit, allowing it to use surf, and take me down to 6 hp. she healed, and sky uppercut finished both her remaining pokemon off. The fight with Drake is nothing Special. I used Slash to fell Shelgon, then switched into Camerupt to fight Flygon. Flygon used dig twice to fell my Camerupt. Blaze came back and killed it with a slash. when salamance hit the field, I switched with ninetails because I knew that he had intimidate. I confused him, and then fire blast. he then tried to use flamethrower, which only made my fire power rise. Flamethrower then finished off Salamance. a second Flygon came out, and a mere fire blast KO'ed him. then Altara came out. I used fire blast twice, but he was still alive with a sliver of health. he healed and KO'ed Ninetails with a take down, damaging himself to about 3/4 health remaining. out came Blazekin, and I immeadtly revived Ninetails. Altara used take down again, which took out 91 points of damage. he did it again, bringing me down to 8 points of health. I used slash, and Altara fell. Drake was defeated.

okay, the champion. first, Skomary, my first blaze kick missed, which allowed it to hit me with areal ace, but I KO'ed it with a second kick. Arrgon came out, but is KO'ed by a single double kick. I knew Metagorss would kill Blaze in one shot, so I decided to try Ninetails. first I confused it, then hit it with a fire blast after it hit itself. 1 hit KO!! then Claydol came out. I used a confuse ray, then a fire blast. it took almost half it's HP, then I used it again, bringing it into the red. unluckily, Claydol snapped out of confusion, and hit me with an earthquake. I knew Steven would use a full restore, so I used Confuse Ray. he healed, then was confused. I healed myself, and kept on using flamethrower, as he kept on hitting himself. SO LUCKY!!! (it occurs to me only now that I'm at least 5 levels ahead of everyone in the E4... awesome) Next Craddily came out, who trounced me. confuse ray and ancient power... pwned. I sent out Camerupt, and used Earthquake. half damage, then I became confused... luck would decided who lived and who died in the next round... and I failed... I hit myself. I was hit with giga drain, which healed Craddily enough to survive my next earthquake. he healed, I used earthquake, then he used ancient power next round and finished me off. only Blaze left... I opened up with a blaze kick, and it almost beat him... he sludge bombed me, brought me into the yellow, and I finished him off with a slash. now... it was final pokemon against final pokemon... I saved my game ^_^. Level 56 Armaldo came out... I healed myself, and he used ancient power to bring me down to where I was before I healed. but it was a crit hit, so I healed again, knowing that it wouldn't do as much damage if he used it again. he used areial ace, and dropped me a good 80 hp I used slash, he used arieal ace, I used double kick, he used ancient power... (see pic 9) then a final double kick finished him off!! VICTORY IS MINE. I have finished the Pokemon Mono-Challenge!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/23.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/24.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/25.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/26.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/27.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/28.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle1.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle3.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle4.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle5.jpg
end time
4:34
Pokemon:
Blaze LV. 64
Camerupt LV. 60
Ninetails Lv. 61

~SilverSoul
September 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
(I found my Emerald version! This is very short since I only played for twenty minutes

Day One: Start time- 4:02
I really didn't do that much except the beginning of the game. I named myself Brett (I'm the boy) and after saving the professor, I received Mudkip as my starter, nicknaming him Mudd. I slaughtered my rival who I was supposed to battle and then started my adventure after I received my pokedex and the running shoes from my mother.

I went to Oldale City where I healed Mudd before heading out to Route 102. After walking around in the grass, I found a wild level three female lotad. I lowered her hp using some tackle attacks and then pokeball at it, succesfully capturing it. I nicknamed my new pokemon Green. This is where I ended my game for the meantime.

End Time: 4:36

Pokemon:
Mudkip/Mudd
Level- 6
Gender-Male
Attacks- Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap

Lotad/Green
Level-3
Gender-Female

(Dusty<3)
September 6th, 2008, 02:35 PM
there are 5 pokemon.

Torchic, Slugma, Numel, Vulpix, and Tokoal.

I chose Torchic, Numel, and Vulpix. and I'm doing not bad.

3:15pm

I started with Camerupt, because I know Mightyina would cut my attack, so I used eruption and Ko'ed him in one go. I then switched into Blaze, and Ko'ed everyone else using double kick or blaze kick. easy battle. Then I fought Phebe, My Camerupt used eruption again, and ko'ed Dusklops. I switched into Ninetails for the second one. we confused eachother, but I kept hitting myself and dusklops used earthquake until I fainted. damn him. Blaze came out, and blazekicked him twice. she healed him, then I got a crit blaze kick for the KO. Sableye came out next. it survived the blaze kick, but only barely. with a burn as well. it attracted me, then died because of the burn. Banette died easily. I missed the second one, and it used that stupid attack Spite, and it Desroyed my PP... so I used an ether on blaze kick, and finished the battle. The next battle, I used Blaze first. against Galie. Sky Uppercut mised twice, allowing Hail to be used, but Galie fainted once it finnaly hit. Sealeo died one hit against Sky Uppercut as well. both of them did. (I've used Blaze in a lot of E4 battles in the past ^_^) it almost KO'ed Walrein in one hit, allowing it to use surf, and take me down to 6 hp. she healed, and sky uppercut finished both her remaining pokemon off. The fight with Drake is nothing Special. I used Slash to fell Shelgon, then switched into Camerupt to fight Flygon. Flygon used dig twice to fell my Camerupt. Blaze came back and killed it with a slash. when salamance hit the field, I switched with ninetails because I knew that he had intimidate. I confused him, and then fire blast. he then tried to use flamethrower, which only made my fire power rise. Flamethrower then finished off Salamance. a second Flygon came out, and a mere fire blast KO'ed him. then Altara came out. I used fire blast twice, but he was still alive with a sliver of health. he healed and KO'ed Ninetails with a take down, damaging himself to about 3/4 health remaining. out came Blazekin, and I immeadtly revived Ninetails. Altara used take down again, which took out 91 points of damage. he did it again, bringing me down to 8 points of health. I used slash, and Altara fell. Drake was defeated.

okay, the champion. first, Skomary, my first blaze kick missed, which allowed it to hit me with areal ace, but I KO'ed it with a second kick. Arrgon came out, but is KO'ed by a single double kick. I knew Metagorss would kill Blaze in one shot, so I decided to try Ninetails. first I confused it, then hit it with a fire blast after it hit itself. 1 hit KO!! then Claydol came out. I used a confuse ray, then a fire blast. it took almost half it's HP, then I used it again, bringing it into the red. unluckily, Claydol snapped out of confusion, and hit me with an earthquake. I knew Steven would use a full restore, so I used Confuse Ray. he healed, then was confused. I healed myself, and kept on using flamethrower, as he kept on hitting himself. SO LUCKY!!! (it occurs to me only now that I'm at least 5 levels ahead of everyone in the E4... awesome) Next Craddily came out, who trounced me. confuse ray and ancient power... pwned. I sent out Camerupt, and used Earthquake. half damage, then I became confused... luck would decided who lived and who died in the next round... and I failed... I hit myself. I was hit with giga drain, which healed Craddily enough to survive my next earthquake. he healed, I used earthquake, then he used ancient power next round and finished me off. only Blaze left... I opened up with a blaze kick, and it almost beat him... he sludge bombed me, brought me into the yellow, and I finished him off with a slash. now... it was final pokemon against final pokemon... I saved my game ^_^. Level 56 Armaldo came out... I healed myself, and he used ancient power to bring me down to where I was before I healed. but it was a crit hit, so I healed again, knowing that it wouldn't do as much damage if he used it again. he used areial ace, and dropped me a good 80 hp I used slash, he used arieal ace, I used double kick, he used ancient power... (see pic 9) then a final double kick finished him off!! VICTORY IS MINE. I have finished the Pokemon Mono-Challenge!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/23.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/24.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/25.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/26.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/27.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/28.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle1.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle3.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle4.jpghttp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/wind_tosser/battle5.jpg
end time
4:34
Pokemon:
Blaze LV. 64
Camerupt LV. 60
Ninetails Lv. 61
AWESOME! I JUST caught a zigzagoon! XD

Parabolic
September 6th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Coolio. Grats on the finish. :)

My report...

Went through the events up to Dewford, and Ralts hit 18 after beating May. I entered the cave for some training to 19 where I then went to the gym and trained on the trainers to get Ralts to evolve. After a quick rest at a PC, I went back and completely stomped all over Brawly.

POKeMON:
Kirlia lvl 20

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge

Question! Who thinks I should try for an Abra? I know I would need to get a POKeMON with hypnosis or something, but the more POKeMON on my team, the better chances I have to making it through. Especially since I'm planning on doing the frontier.

Pyromaniac45
September 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
you don't NEED hypnosis. try to get like... mean look if possible, or try using a fast ball or an ultra ball. a great ball usually catches one for me when I try inside the cave where you find aron.

sdfs
September 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Coolio. Grats on the finish. :)

My report...

Went through the events up to Dewford, and Ralts hit 18 after beating May. I entered the cave for some training to 19 where I then went to the gym and trained on the trainers to get Ralts to evolve. After a quick rest at a PC, I went back and completely stomped all over Brawly.

POKeMON:
Kirlia lvl 20

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge

Question! Who thinks I should try for an Abra? I know I would need to get a POKeMON with hypnosis or something, but the more POKeMON on my team, the better chances I have to making it through. Especially since I'm planning on doing the frontier.

Honestly? With Abra, I usually toss a ball and hope for the best. This helps if you're playing a rom and you savestate before tossing the ball :) Hypnosis is too unreliable IMO.

Parabolic
September 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Eh... I'm playing the real game. Mean Look might help, but I don't remember if it works for Teleport. Just anything to keep it from being able to teleport, really. Ah well. I'll try something.

Dammit... I just realized that Sidney is gonna SUCK for me once I get to the Elite Four, but challenges are what this is about. I'll try to get some good TMs that aren't Psychic moves. XD

sdfs
September 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Start time: 8:45
Beat some trainers and made my way to the glass blowing house. Walked through the grass until I had enough soot for a blue flute, a yellow flute, and a red flute (During this time, I also talked to Lanette, and continued to train numel.. Fact: I hate Spinda. I got distracted a lot in this time. Running through ash isn't very fun. Bakuuda evolved to Camerupt while I was collecting ash XD
Collected Dig, Roar, and continued on down towards Meteor Falls. I picked up the Lotad Doll from Lanette. I caught a solrock....Who doesn't get a nickname. He's the odd one out of my party. I then leveled him up before continuing on.
Ooops....Didn't copy down my end time, but I didn't play long. My entire party is now at level 33.

Pyromaniac45
September 6th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Eh... I'm playing the real game. Mean Look might help, but I don't remember if it works for Teleport. Just anything to keep it from being able to teleport, really. Ah well. I'll try something.

Dammit... I just realized that Sidney is gonna SUCK for me once I get to the Elite Four, but challenges are what this is about. I'll try to get some good TMs that aren't Psychic moves. XD

I was lucky for Sidney... I had double kick with Blazekin. here's a tip, be at least level 60 before taking the E4 challenge.

If you use Solrock, just make sure it has flamethrower and earthquake or rock slide, he should be able to KO Sidney's entire party that way.

Parabolic
September 7th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I guessed as much. I completely forgot about Solrock at the time of the post. XD

Anyway... report.

Traded a friend for a meditite to help with the Aqua encounter at Slateport. It was lvl 29 so I am kinda keeping away from it until I beat Flanery. Kirlia evolved and I wiped the floor with Wattson. I went up to Mt. Chimney and grabbed a Solrock and I have been spending a while training it. I'm about ready to go and confront Magma, but decided to take a break for a while.

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 33
Meditite lvl 31
Solrock lvl 29
Zigzagoon lvl 10 [HM Slave 1]
Machop lvl 15 [HM Slave 2 (Strength)]

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge

sdfs
September 7th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Start time: 2:18

I went back to Meteor Falls and watched the little cut scene. Went down to route 115 and battled the trainers there. Nothing special. Went to go to Mt. Chimney afterwards. There's not much else to do at the moment. Why is Tabitha a boy? You'd think Tabitha would be like a girl grunt, but no, Tabitha is a guy.

Anyway, beat Maxie up easily before going down jagged path. Picked up the free egg since I had an open slot and contiuned back down to return the meteorite. Mizugorou evolved after killing a slugma on my way there. At least he's not quite as ugly now. Got return for returning the meteorite and left to go back to lavaridge.

Super-Speed hatched the egg. A female wynaut hatched from it. (Mach bike+speed button = madness)

Gym time:
Kokodora-Lairon-Careful-34
Solrock-Solrock-Hasty-33
Bakuuda-Camerupt-Brave-33
Mizugorou-Swampert-Adamant-36

I made it easily past the trainers (They didn't put up much of a fight. Except that kecleon. My attacks kept missing him). The battle with Flannery was just sad. Her numel used overheat once before it got knocked out, her slugma didn't get to do anything, and her camerupt attempted to tackle Kokodora to death. XD And I managed to get lucky and flinch her torkoal every time. A good battle for Kokodora :) May stopped me on my way out and gave me the go go goggles.

Went hunting for my next party member. Did you know that Vibrava has a lower base attack than Trapinch? And that Trapinch and Flygon have the same base attack? Eventually, I caught one and named it Nuckrar. I began to train it outside of the sand storm. But for now, I'll take a break.
End time: 3:24

Parabolic
September 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I don't mean to be a let-down, but do rock types count in a ground type challenge? Both Lairon and Solrock aren't ground types... they are a mix of rock and another type. If it counts then I'm sorry for nagging, but I just find it slightly unfair. It's like me grabbing a Shuppet or something and using it because it's close to a psychic type.

Oh yeah! Report...

Stuff... I don't quite remember much since I played until I felt tired enough to sleep. I did the Mt. Chimney stuff, went through the fourth gym, and I am currently training my new party POKeMON.

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 38
Medicham lvl 37
Solrock lvl 37
Grumpig lvl 32
Baltoy lvl 19
Zigzagoon lvl 10 [HM Slave]

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge
Heat Badge

(Dusty<3)
September 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I don't mean to be a let-down, but do rock types count in a ground type challenge? Both Lairon and Solrock aren't ground types... they are a mix of rock and another type. If it counts then I'm sorry for nagging, but I just find it slightly unfair. It's like me grabbing a Shuppet or something and using it because it's close to a psychic type.
Just as long as she doesnt over do it.
As long as each of her pokemon have at least one ground move that she will use in a battle, it's fine. It's one of the slightest exceptions I have.

Eucliffe
September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Ergh... Haven't posted here in a while.

I'm completely sorry; I can only play my Sapphire on the VBA for the Mac, so... I haven't been able to do much since my friend only has Dell computers ^^' I tried playing it on the VBA for Windows, but it would make me start a new game...

sdfs
September 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Just as long as she doesnt over do it.
As long as each of her pokemon have at least one ground move that she will use in a battle, it's fine. It's one of the slightest exceptions I have.

They both will have ground type moves. If it's that big of a deal, I can toss them out and get another two ground types. It'd just take me a bit to plan out more movesets.

Parabolic
September 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Okay. Just making sure.

Threw Norman away like a used tissue. No one has evolved yet, but Baltoy is getting there.

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 38
Medicham lvl 37
Solrock lvl 38
Grumpig lvl 36
Baltoy lvl 34
Zigzagoon lvl 10 [HM Slave]

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge
Heat Badge
Balance Badge

Can't really get a sixth party member until after the elite four other than an Alakazam so I'm gonna go and get an Abra even though he and Gardevoir are decently close to being the same POKeMON. XD

sdfs
September 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Start time: 6:18
Well, as soon as I started up, I resumed training Nuckrar. (On a random note, to D/P players, chaining pokemon is fun :D) I bought more coins. .... My textfile with my party is gone ._. Well, break time, have to rewrite it.
Alright, situation handled. Anywho, bought flamethrower for Bakuuda. Went back to training Nukrar. Traded a lotad doll for a duskull doll (I was bored :P ) Thinking about it, I realize the battle against Juan is going to suck. Caught a marill to be a hm slave (strength). Nuckrar got trained on some spinda and numel, but the trainers available still beat him. I guess that means there's more training to be done....later.
End time: 7:51

Parabolic
September 8th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Posting before I pass out from a tiring day of college... again.

Had a wild romp through the marshes and beat up Aqua lackeys again. I made it to Fortree and did the Steven stuff for the Devon Scope, entered the gym and trained my Baltoy further on the trainers. He evolved and such. Winona was cake until here Skarmory which ripped through my Medicham and Grumpig. I finished it off with Solrock (should have used her first...) and then took out Altaria wth Claydoll. I'm currently balancing out my party levels on Route 121.

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 41
Medicham lvl 37
Solrock lvl 39
Grumpig lvl 38
Claydoll lvl 38
Wingull lvl 4 [Fly Slave]

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge
Heat Badge
Balance Badge
Feather Badge

sdfs
September 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Start time: 6:30
Went back to training Nuckrar before taking out all the desert trainers. I began to train him in the mirage tower because of the lack of sand storm. However, this ended as soon as I took the root fossil. (no surprise there). Continued to train up my pokemon (Bakuuda, Solrock, Nuckrar).
Time: 7:25
Nuckrar is still two levels behind everyone of my pokemon somehow.
--Correction: Nuckrar just evolved....Into a less powerful pokemon XD (base stat wise. Other than that, I like my vibrava)
He looks like a bug type, in my opinion.

And I just remembered the trick house challenge.

After completing that, I had Mr. Briney take me back to Petalburg. I ended up beating Norman with Mizugorou alone. I primarily mudshot his pokemon, but I had to be careful of slaking's counter. I won with 9 hp left.

Detour time: Fun with surf!
Surfed to Dewford and picked up sludge bomb. Learned the pokemon I had planned to teach it to couldn't learn it.
Surfed on towards the abandoned ship. Trained and picked up Ice Beam for Mizugorou.
Surfed towards slateport, fought all the trainers and returned for another trick house challenge.
Did the stuff for New Mauville and made my way to fortree.
Destroyed some Aqua grunts and got a free castform. Just in time for....Rival battle!

My team:
Nuckrar-Vibrava-Adamant-39
Bakuuda-Camerupt-Brave-38
Mizugorou-Swampert-Adamart-40
Kokodora-Lairon-Careful-40
Solrock-Solrock-Hasty-40

It was a one sided battle.
Got the rest of my pokemon to 40, and that seems like a good stopping place for today.
Pokedex:
Seen: 97
Own: 15

End time: 9:06
Play time: 2 hours, 36 minutes

(Dusty<3)
September 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Ok. Got started and after the whole main battling with my rival, I set off to get a Zigzagoon. Two hours later (o.o) I finally found one, caught it, and trained it to level 7. Then after training more on the other trainers, I went out to Rustburo City, caught a Whismur, and now bothof my Zigzagoon and Whismur are on level 11.

Amplified Ampharos
September 10th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Wait is it possible for me do Psychic instead plz with a ralts on top if so I could get you a Ralts with Destiny Bond

WKnite
September 10th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Sorry for not posting for three days but:

Named Character Dean
did all the intro
started with Treecko
Caught 2 Wurmples
Started switch-training my Wurmples with the Treecko.
Got my Wurmples into Cascoons
Training Cascoons into Dustoxs'
1 Cascoon evolved into Dustox
Decided to deposit Treecko
PARTY:
Cascoon F lV8 (lAX)
Dustox F lv10 (Relaxed)
Got Potion from PC, Got potion from Pokemart Guy
Cascoon #2 evolved into a Dustox.
Took some Oran and Pecha Berries
Defeated all the trainers I could battle
Watched Wally get a ralts
Got more Pecha and Oran berries
Beat the handful of trainers up to and including the Team Magma member in petalburg woods
beat more people in forest, got more berries, bullet seed, wailmer pail, all the visible and hidden items behind the berry house.
more trainers beaten, more berries collected got the free premier ball, got 2 x(stat name) items.
Went to gym and closed emulator
Forgot to save and ended up back with level 7 and 8 cascoons
Got one Cascoon into a Dustox
Deposited Treecko again
Got the potions again
Got second Cascoon into a Dustox
Got both to Level 15
Beat Roxanne (luck, and 2 super potions help alot when all your pokemon are weak to rock attacks)
Status: ALL ITEMS AND TRAINERS POSSIBLE UP TO AND INCLUDING ROXANNE obtained/beaten]
Beat Team Magma guy
Returned Devon Goods blah blah blah.
Withdrew Treecko to use as a cut slave
Went to Dewford Town. Got Old Rod! Caught a level 6 male tentacool
Caught a level 10 female Zubat
Trained a bit
Beat Brawly
Went to steven (I always forget to get flash first)
got flash
Went to slateport
started training against the trainers and wild pokemon, also caught an oddish
Got Zubat to evolve into a Golbat
Talked to/Rescued Cap'n Crunch er... Stern...
Saved
Went up the route towards Maullville, detoured left, after a battle my Oddish became a Gloom.
Realized I needed Cut so I went back to grab Treecko
beat everyone up to Maullvile city
Destroyed Wally (my Tentacool took 3 confusions and was confused, yet still pwned the er... ghost of a psyhic?)
Got Bike
Trained a bit
Got destroyed by Wattson (poison types dont do well against magnetons)
Beat Winstrates, got macho brace
trained a bit
Got destroyed again by the magneton.(Damn you Wattson)
Trained a bit, Tentacool evolved into Tentacruel
Tentacruel easily destroyed Wattsons entire team with BUBBLE BEAM
Trained, Caught a Grimer, got Secret Power TM
At level 27 Golbat evolved into a Crobat!!!
Trained S'more
Pwned Team Magma and stole their stolen meteorite.
Trained More
Beat Flannery
Got Go-Goggles
Re-United Wally's sister and boyfriend
Saved in Normans Gym
Beat Norman and all his minions, in the end it came to Crobat and Slaking(Crobat never got to attack when he switched in the poison kill the Slaking)
Got Surf
Traveled to the weather station and started training on wild pokemon and random trainers before goin for team magma
Grimer Evolved into the all powerful pile of muck... MUK!(Wish Muk'd quit flippin me off)
Kept training
Saved
got my pokemon all to level 35, except Muk who was at 40.
Beat Team Magma
destroyed may
Saved in fortree

sdfs
September 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Start time: 5:30
I load up my file and check out my team. (Remember where I left off, etc). I skip ahead to go catch Rhyhorn and then come back for fortree later. Got the Devon Scope from Steven (Doesn't it seem like he has nothing better to do but follow you around?). Safari zone time. This is probably one of the few times I will catch pokemon XD ....I need a pokeblock case....Run time >_>;
New record: 66 collisions on cycling road
.....I forgot in emerald the pokeblock case is not in slateport....after I ran the entire way back....
Thank god for save states.
Went in and went on a catching spree. Caught a rhyhorn (and named it Sidon). Wasted the rest of my steps and went to check out what I caught (and pick up Sidon). Raised Sidon to level 30 (it feels so slow leveling him ): )

And I think that this is a stopping point for today.
Stop time: 7:00

Oops, forgot to copy down my start time...
Well, I got Sidon to 40, and I am going to fight winona. It shouldn't be a hard battle, flying vs ground. I beat her, but her skarmory wittled Sidon's health down to 25. (Out of 120).
My team looks like this at the moment:
Sidon-Rhyhorn-Relaxed-40
Kokodora-Lairon-Careful-41
Nuckrar-Vibrava-Adamant-41
Mizugorou-Swampert-Adamant-41
Solrock-Solrock-Hasty-41
Bakuuda-Camerupt-Brave-41
On to Mt. Pyre. Beat all the aqua people and began my way up. And now I'll stop.
Stop time: 9:54

Rinnosuke
September 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Can I join? Spirt Walker for me
Pokemon using:
Duskull

(Dusty<3)
September 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Can I join? Spirt Walker for me
Pokemon using:
Duskull
Are you able to get it at beginning?

Rinnosuke
September 10th, 2008, 04:53 PM
yeah I got two ds and a baby one in my ruby so I can get it in emerald

Sublime
September 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM
i would totally join...if i hadnt lost my ruby.

if i get a emulator [which i probably wont] or find my ruby, i'll let you know.

Braeden23000
September 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Ill take ground, im already doing another challange, but i want to use ruby. I want to use 3, six pokemon is too much work. Claydol, Flygon, and Donphan. Ill use Marshtomp until i get baltoy and trapinch, since he is ground, but im going to deposit him once i baltoy and trapinch trained.

sdfs
September 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Again, I forgot to copy down my start time....
Worked my way up Mt. Pyre's little tower slowly. Kokodora evolved into Aggron. Side note: I hate wobbuffet. After killing the wobbuffet, I taught solrock shadow ball. Sidon evolved into Rhydon. Got to the top and collected all the items on the way down. Made my way to the trick house before going towards the magma hideout. Caught a new HM Slave. Fought my way through the magma hideout. Nuckrar fainted, but I'm too cheap to use a revive. So, I continue on, beat up everyone else who's there and watch the cut scenes. Got to a pokecenter and switched hm slaves again (Dodrio-Fly).Got to Lilycove, and rival battle time. Beat May's pokemon easily. Leafblade left Nuckrar with 1 hp (He had taken some abuse from pelliper too). Ended up beating May with 14 hp left. (She needs to calm down with the leafblade. Use more than one move.)
Ugh, forgot about the submarine cut scene. Flew back to slateport to try and do it right this time.
Beat my way through the Aqua hideout. Picked up a nugget and a master ball. (Why did they leave this here? If aqua had used this, kyogre would have been under their total control....). Anyways, Nuckrar finally evolved. Beat the admin, submarine drove away, healed up and prepared to leave for mossdeep.
Got to mossdeep, claimed the king's rock and the super rod. Note: Anyone notice Steven doesn't have a bed in his house? Just throwing that oddity out there. Tough fight. I haven't been leveling up all that much. Sunny day+Solarbeam knocked out Mizugorou. Countered this by using Nuckrar (Who knows solar beam).
Current status:
Solrock-Solrock-42
Mizugorou-Swampert-42
Sidon-Rhydon-44
Bakuuda-Camerupt-42
Kokodora-Aggron-42
Nuckrar-Flygon-45
And I think that's a good stopping place for today.
Stop time: 10:15

(Dusty<3)
September 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM
yeah I got two ds and a baby one in my ruby so I can get it in emerald
Then have at it! Ill mark you in asap

Ill take ground, im already doing another challange, but i want to use ruby. I want to use 3, six pokemon is too much work. Claydol, Flygon, and Donphan. Ill use Marshtomp until i get baltoy and trapinch, since he is ground, but im going to deposit him once i baltoy and trapinch trained.

Have fun then!

Braeden23000
September 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ok i started, picked mudkip, did all the stuff until rustboro, beat the gym with water gun, save peeko, went to dewford, skipped gym, delivered letter, went to slateport, delivered goods, now im training for the rival fight on the path to mauville. Mudkip is level 19 and i have a zigzagoon as a cut HM slave.

ChronicEdge
September 12th, 2008, 03:24 PM
This looks friggin' cool. I'd like to participate, although I'm not sure what type I want to select yet.

sdfs
September 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Start time: 10:57
I loaded my game because I have to post daily. Sidon grew to level 45. Magma took over the space center. Solrock grew to level 45. Did the Steven double battle. KO'd his metang XD (accident). Bakuuda got KO'd. Steven just has Skarmory left (and he's on my side XD). I had Mizugorou and Kokodora left. Got dive. And that's all for today.
End time: 11:20

(Dusty<3)
September 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Start time: 10:57
I loaded my game because I have to post daily. Sidon grew to level 45. Magma took over the space center. Solrock grew to level 45. Did the Steven double battle. KO'd his metang XD (accident). Bakuuda got KO'd. Steven just has Skarmory left (and he's on my side XD). I had Mizugorou and Kokodora left. Got dive. And that's all for today.
End time: 11:20
if you cant post DAILY, then try to whenever you can.

sdfs
September 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
if you cant post DAILY, then try to whenever you can.
Ah, sorry. Today was a really rough day on me, but I thought I had to post daily.

Parabolic
September 13th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Sorry for the large gap since my last report... I haven't actually played in a while thanks to college and Spore. XD

So... Report:

Alrighty. I decided to try my hand at a Smart contest with Gardevoir. After feeding her some POKeBlock, I entered and almost lost to this damn Whismur that kept using "Shock the other contestants." moves, but Gardevoir won and I was happy. Then, my 6th member problem was answered when I remembered about the Safari Zone. Long story short, I got a Natu. Said Natu is now a Xatu after leveling up once in Mt. Pyre and didn't get any farther because dumbass me forgot to buy potions before departing for the place. So I now have 25 Hyper Potions and I'm ready to take on Aqua and/or Magma again. I can't remember which...

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 42
Medicham lvl 42
Solrock lvl 42
Grumpig lvl 42
Claydoll lvl 42
Xatu lvl 26

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge
Heat Badge
Balance Badge
Feather Badge

SuperPikachua
September 13th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I want boulder Basher I will start today

Freezer I mean I will hack for 1

sdfs
September 13th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Start time: 10:30
Caught a dive slave. (Sharpedo) and went on the hunt for Aqua. Realized I needed strength and rock smash. Took linoone out of my box and went back to Seafloor cavern. Bakuuda grew to level 45, and I went through all of the seafloor cavern details. Listened to the people in Sootopolis and trained some....Or a lot. Got everyone to 50. (took awhile, but the sky pillar really helped.)
Wow, I have the ice puzzle memorized. Yay. Juan battle will destroy me. Set up a sunny day with Bakuuda and ko'd luvdic. I sent out Nuckrar against Sealeo. KO'd it with solar beam. Bakuuda was KO'd by Crawdaunt. KO'd it with Nuckrar. Healed up and that's a stopping point for today.
Stop time: 12:33

Parabolic
September 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Not much has happened since my last report... had one of those days where I manage to find the tme to have a life, but I did squeeze in some play time. :P

Leveled Xatu, basically. I finished Mt. Pyre so now I am going wherever it is i am supposed to go next. I can never remember since Emerald doesn't side with one team. Eh... I'll figure it out.

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 42
Medicham lvl 42
Solrock lvl 42
Grumpig lvl 42
Claydoll lvl 42
Xatu lvl 40

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge
Heat Badge
Balance Badge
Feather Badge

I'll just edit the post if I play more.

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Not much has happened since my last report... had one of those days where I manage to find the tme to have a life, but I did squeeze in some play time. :P

Leveled Xatu, basically. I finished Mt. Pyre so now I am going wherever it is i am supposed to go next. I can never remember since Emerald doesn't side with one team. Eh... I'll figure it out.

POKeMON:
Gardevoir lvl 42
Medicham lvl 42
Solrock lvl 42
Grumpig lvl 42
Claydoll lvl 42
Xatu lvl 40

Badges:
Stone Badge
Knuckle Badge
Dynamo Badge
Heat Badge
Balance Badge
Feather Badge

I'll just edit the post if I play more.
xD
Well I said in an earlier post you didnt HAVE to post every day. Just post when yuo can from now on! I want you guys to have a life!

groudonlover
September 14th, 2008, 09:35 AM
TIP: For Surfslave, use a Tentacruel, he can learn both Surf, Waterfall, Dive and Cut

Parabolic
September 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM
xD
Well I said in an earlier post you didnt HAVE to post every day. Just post when yuo can from now on! I want you guys to have a life!

I see... well I must confess that I was too lazy to read back posts that time. Okay, then. :)

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Start time: 3:04
I plan to finish today. Made Sharpedo even more of an HM Slave (added surf and waterfall). I worked my way through Meteor Falls. Picked up Dragon Claw, taught it to Nuckrar, escape roped out. Flew to Sootopolis, swam to Evergrande and scaled the waterfall. Switched out my HM slaves for my pokemon. Checked to see which HMS I'd need in victory road. Waterfall. Looks like Mizugorou is sitting out for the duration of the run through. Oh crap, Wally's in the beginning. Load state, picked up Mizugorou, healed up, tried again. 2 Hit KO'd his altaria with Nuckrar. 1 hit KO'd his delcatty with Kokodora. 1 hit KO'd roselia with Bakuuda, but he got poisoned by toxic. 1 hit KO'd Magneton with Nuckrar. 1 hit KO'd Gardevior with Sidon. Left, healed, flew to Sootopolis, picked up brick break, taught it to Kokodora, flew back to evergrande, and resumed making my way through victory road.....I need flash? And back out I go. The most useless HM ever, and you need it for victory road. Okay, take three, I have lotad and sharpedo with me. Thankfully, Sharpedo can learn strength. If I need rock smash too, this is going to be frustrating....-_-. Load state. Alright, I decided to go to fallabor and catch a lombre. Short break, then flew back to evergrande and switched dodrio out for a lombre. Taught it flash and rock smash and tried to go back through victory road...again. Wooh, massive training took place.
Alright, ready to take on the elite four. My party:

Kokodora-Aggron-63-Kings Rock
Double Edge
Iron Tail
Brick Break
Dig

Bakuuda-Camerupt-60-Charcoal
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Return
Sunny Day

Nuckrar-Flygon-60-Blackglasses
Solarbeam
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Crunch

Solrock-Solrock-60-Hard Stone
Shadow Ball
Rock Slide
Secret Power
Sandstorm

Mizugorou-Swampert-60-Soft Sand
Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam
Take Down

Sidon-Rhydon-66-Quick Claw
Megahorn
Earthquake
Facade
Rock Blast

VS Sidney
2 hit ko'd his mightyena and crawdaunt. 1 hit ko'd his cacturne. I've been lucky enough to not take any damage yet. 1 hit ko'd his shiftry with the help of a swagger. Used the yellow flute on Kokodora before attacking. 1 hit Ko'd his absol.
Damage taken: None

VS Phoebe
Sent out Solrock vs her duskull. I used shadowball and reduced it to the yellow. She used shadow punch and took out a bit of my health. The next turn, I KO'd her duskull. 1 hit ko'd her Banette. Repeat last sentence for her next Banette. I used shadow ball on her Duskull. It used shadow ball on me. I was reduced to yellow. KO'd duskull and waited for her last pokemon to be released. (Solrock grew to level 61). Her last pokemon is sableye. I 1 hit KO'd it with Rock slide.
Damage taken: Solrock: 42/174
I healed it up with a few super potions and continued on my way.

VS Glacia
1 hit KO'd hear sealeo with Mizugorou's earthquake. I got lucky and 1 hit ko'd glalie (thank you critical hit). I got hit by an ice beam first though. 1 hit ko'd sealeo again. Glalie made it hail before I ko'd it. 2 hit ko'd walrein, but Mizugorou had taken hail and ice beam damage.
Damage taken: 77/203
I healed him up with some super potions and continued on my way.

VS Drake
It took two turns to kill shelgon because of protect. 1 hit ko'd altaria, but I took damage from it's double edge. Took three turns to kill Kingdra. He healed after 1 earthquake, and then I used it two more times. He had used surf and smoke screen. His Flygon used earthquake, but my icebeam KO'd it. Yeah, using that word a lot today. I used a max potion before attacking salamence. Icebeam dropped it to the red, he healed, and i used it again for the finishing blow. Champion time.....
Damage taken: 99/208
I healed and went on my way to fight Wallace.

VS Champion Wallace
Why couldn't Steven be the champion? I like fighting him more than I like Wallace. Anywho....Onto the battle
Sunny day-ing isn't an option right now, so I lead with Kokodora and hoped for the best.
Holy crap lucky. 3 hit KO'd wailord. Two flinching brick breaks and a double edge took him down. For Gyarados, I pulled out Solrock. 2 hit KO'd him with rock slide and dodged his earthquake with levitate. Lucky choice. KO'd tentacruel with Nuckrar's earthquake. As for milotic....I decided to use Mizugorou. He used surf, I used earthquake. He switched out to Ludicolo and I used Take down on it. It was left with a fraction of it's hp. He used a full restore, and I used Ice Beam. Realizing that he probably has a grass type move, I switch to Bakuuda. I called it right, but his surf takes me down. I switch to solrock and with a lucky rockslide, I manage to flinch it before KO'ing it. He resends out milotic, so I switch back to mizugorou. He heals, so I healed. One turn I used a hyper potion, then I used an ether. He knocked me down to the red after I used earthquake, so I heal again. He healed again. His toxic missed while my earthquake hit. His surf hit and my earthquake KO'd him. I switched to Nuckrar when he switched to Whiscash. Nuckrar took in sunlight....And it hits to rob whiscash of half his health. I take in sunlight again....and he hits me with a solar beam. My health is still in the green, and my solar beam KO'd him for the win. Battle over.

Everyone comes and congratulates me on it, May's all surprsied. And Tape is written down in history.
Name: Tape
ID NO: 40424
Time: 30:57
And the credits roll.....So, I ask you, is this challenge over or do I have to go out and catch pokemon?
It was a fun challenge :D If I can participate again, I might do bug type. They don't get enough love. Or grass type since they're so varied.

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Yes. It is over for you *Unless you would like to do the Frontier, but that is totally optional*. And yes, you may participate as many times as you would like! ^w^
Congrats btw. <3
*Gives you a 12" cookie*

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you ^^ I think I might do bug type next, but I have a slight problem. Some bug pokemon (*cough*pinsir*cough*) don't learn bug type moves. Should I avoid those?

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you ^^ I think I might do bug type next, but I have a slight problem. Some bug pokemon (*cough*pinsir*cough*) don't learn bug type moves. Should I avoid those?
Wellll.....since it IS itself a Bug Type....I'll allow it....but just Pinsir.
I thin you're the first person to actually care for it though!
xD
No offense...though I think I'm the only one to think that Gyarados is adorable!
xD

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Wellll.....since it IS itself a Bug Type....I'll allow it....but just Pinsir.
I thin you're the first person to actually care for it though!
xD
No offense...though I think I'm the only one to think that Gyarados is adorable!
xD
XD Well, scyther isn't in game and I'm trying to avoid shedninja at all costs XD

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
XD Well, scyther isn't in game and I'm trying to avoid shedninja at all costs XD
Ah! Understood
xD
Whelp, have fun with it! ^w^
And have fun with it too!

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Ah! Understood
xD
Whelp, have fun with it! ^w^
And have fun with it too!

Thanks, I'll start working out the details now ^^

Sublime
September 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
fighting please :D

i'll start with torchic, since it branches into fire/fighting

do you want me post what my final team will be?

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM
fighting please :D

i'll start with torchic, since it branches into fire/fighting

do you want me post what my final team will be?
Purty please! Have fun with it too!
^w^

Sublime
September 14th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Purty please! Have fun with it too!
^w^

final team:
Blazekin
Primeape [gonna get a friend to get a mankey from LG on his sapphire, then trade me a baby mankey]
Breloom
Hariyama
Medicham
Machamp

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
final team:
Blazekin
Primeape [gonna get a friend to get a mankey from LG on his sapphire, then trade me a baby mankey]
Breloom
Hariyama
Medicham
Machamp
Sorry, but keep it within the Hoenn games. K?

Sublime
September 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Sorry, but keep it within the Hoenn games. K?

ok, switch primeape with a heracross. its the only other fighting type in R/S/E...i think

d_disaster
September 14th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hey, I'd love to take up this challenge as a bug user on Sapphire!

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Hey, I'd love to take up this challenge as a bug user on Sapphire!
Welcome then!
Have lotsa fun! Just post your planned team and you may begin whenever!
^w^

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Scratch that, upon consulting a friend, I decided to raise grass.

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Ah, if someone is going to do bug, I'll switch over to grass if you don't mind ^^;
Well, I said in the rules more than one person can do one type, but ok if that's what you want!

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well, I said in the rules more than one person can do one type, but ok if that's what you want!
I keep flipping back and forth between what to do, I'm sorry @_@~

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I keep flipping back and forth between what to do, I'm sorry @_@~
It's ok! So what type do you wish to sign up for?
If you have more han one of the Hoenn series games, you can sign up for more.

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It's ok! So what type do you wish to sign up for?
If you have more han one of the Hoenn series games, you can sign up for more.

I have sapphire, ruby and emerald, but I prefer to only have one going at a time. I've decided on grass though :) (Asked a friend for advice)

Sceptile
Breloom
Roselia
Cacturne
Cradily
Tropius

(Note: Changed Vileplume for Roselia)

(Dusty<3)
September 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I have sapphire, ruby and emerald, but I prefer to only have one going at a time. I've decided on grass though :) (Asked a friend for advice)

Sceptile
Breloom
Vileplume
Cacturne
Cradily
Tropius
Alrighty then! Have fun with it!

sdfs
September 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Alrighty then! Have fun with it!
Thanks, sorry for the confusion earlier ^^;;

d_disaster
September 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Right, I’ve decided on:

Heracross
Pinsir
Dustox
Armaldo
Masquerain
Ninjask

as my team. Hope that’s OK!

-------------------------------------------

So, I started Pokemon Sapphire, Birch gave me the low-down of stuff I already know, and I told him my name is Dan. So yeah… Mom showed me around… met May… nicked a Torchic from Birch, beat up a Poocheyena – yeah you’ve heard it all before. Went to Route 103, won against May, got the Pokedex. And here’s what I really wanted – Pokeballs!

Out on Route 102, I caught a Lv3 male Wurmple, my first bug type! Hurray! Called him Merlin. Why? Who knows. I also caught a Lotad for HM purposes. After a while of training Merlin (with help from Torchic), I came across a Lv3 female Surskit! Lucky for me, as I wasn’t actually sure where to catch one anyway. And I caught her! Called her LadyOfLake. Think I’ve decided on Arthurian theme for names :P

At last, Merlin reached level 7. What? Merlin is evolving! Just my luck, it evolved into Silcoon ¬¬ Dang, time to find another Wurmple. Oh well – it isn’t exactly the rarest Pokemon around.

Caught a new one – called this one Merlin as well. Confusing much? After some more time training, the new Merlin grew to level 7. What? Merlin is evolving! NOOOOO ANOTHER BLASTED SILCOON! Argh. That does it. I’m training up LadyOfLake for a while. I fought against the first trainer on the route once she got to level 6 – and owned his silly little Zigzagoon! Bubble ftw. After the battle I caught yet another Wurmple, Lv4 male, called him Merlin again. This time he had better evolve into Cascoon, or I’ll be rather annoyed.

Woohoo! Cascoon it is. I then defeated Bug Catcher Rick’s Wurmple duo using my new improved Merlin! Youngster Allen wasn’t much of a challenge either, good thing his Taillow was only level 3 or it could have been a problem. Lass Tiana was pretty easy. I’ll stop for now at Petalburg City Pokemon Center.

Party:
Merlin (Cascoon) – Lv8 – Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Harden
LadyOfLake (Surskit) – Lv8 – Bubble, Quick Attack

Other Pokemon: Torchic, Silcoon, Silcoon, Lotad

Total Play Time: 1:30

Haha, I haven’t got very far in an hour and a half…

ChamsRock
September 15th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Sign me up for Flying please!
I'm planning on doing:
Swellow
Pelliper
Xatu
Crobat
Tropius
Skarmory

Clevink
September 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Try Skarmory. ugh... fillerfillerfillerfiller

ChamsRock
September 15th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah, thanks!

I've been searching route 104 for about 15 minutes, but no Wingull/Tailow yet! Grr.
Oops. About a minute after posting, I found a Tailow....

Clevink
September 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM
D'oh. Hate it when that happens. Good luck to you!

ChamsRock
September 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Thank you. I'll post my report so far.
Started off, blah blah, picked Mudkip, Blah blah, owned my rival with 3 HP left, got my Pokeballs and Dex. Spent 15 or so minutes trying to find a Tailow, then spent 15 minutes raising it to it's current level, 16. Now I'm at my first problem. Should I wait until:
1) Tailow learns Double Team at level 19
2) Tailow Evolves.
3) Swellow learns Endeavor.
This is to fight Roxane. My next pokemon will be a Zubat, unless another Flyer is available sooner than Dewford.

sdfs
September 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you. I'll post my report so far.
Started off, blah blah, picked Mudkip, Blah blah, owned my rival with 3 HP left, got my Pokeballs and Dex. Spent 15 or so minutes trying to find a Tailow, then spent 15 minutes raising it to it's current level, 16. Now I'm at my first problem. Should I wait until:
1) Tailow learns Double Team at level 19
2) Tailow Evolves.
3) Swellow learns Endeavor.
This is to fight Roxane. My next pokemon will be a Zubat, unless another Flyer is available sooner than Dewford.
Just raise Wingull o_O It'd be a lot smarter than trying to take her on with taillow.

Clevink
September 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Wingull is, and it'll make it a lot easier to beat Roxanne.

Edit: UGH! Beaten by one minute. q.q

ChamsRock
September 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I couldn't find one, but thank you. I actually took her on with a level 22 Swellow. Double team a few times, then a Focus Energy and whittle away. I'm at Dewford Gym now with a level 8 Zubat and a level 23 Swellow. I'll just catch a Wingull at the route with the Rival battle before Mauvile.... Can't remember the name. Now my problem is..... Wattson. I suppose I'll Just raise my levels 'till I'm insane.

Clevink
September 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds good. That should be your last big challenge if you're doing Emerald. If not, Steven could be a little tough, but by that point it'll be much easier to level.

ChamsRock
September 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah... I wish I was playing emerald. It's Ruby. Anyways, beat up Brawly, did the whole Slateport-Magma thing and I just beat my Rival. Just Double Team twice and Wing attack.

Team: Swellow, level 25
Zubat: level 15.

Rinnosuke
September 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
ok starter thing blah blah switched starter with Duskull at Petalburg got a Ralts trained it with Duskull and met Wally rock gym beat its ass with Duskull team time
Current Team:
Ralts lvl 12
Duskull lvl 20
Edit: planned team is
Gardevoir
Bannete
Dusclops
Wobbuffet ( evil I know)
Weezing
Stableye

(Dusty<3)
September 15th, 2008, 04:56 PM
ok starter thing blah blah switched starter with Duskull at Petalburg got a Ralts trained it with Duskull and met Wally rock gym beat its ass with Duskull team time
Current Team:
Ralts lvl 12
Duskull lvl 20
Edit: planned team is
Gardevoir
Bannete
Dusclops
Wobbuffet ( evil I know)
Weezing
Stableye
You signed up for ghost:
Wobb and Weez are not allowed.

Rinnosuke
September 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
really if I'm not mistaken you said this
Dragon:
Gyarados
Sceptile
Seviper
Milotic
Seadra (If unable to get Kingdra)

Ghost:
Chimecho
Wobbufet
Swalot
Gardevoir
Weezing

There are other types that may have exceptions as well.

(Dusty<3)
September 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM
really if I'm not mistaken you said this
Oh....my bad.....well....just dont get too out of hand with it k?

sdfs
September 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Start time: 6:25
Went through all the beginning stuff. Not that hard. Picked up a Treecko and helped out Birch. Trained, fought rival, etc. (Nicknamed Treecko Jukain).... Wrote over state 1 by accident...No big loss I guess. (State 1 = Ground team). Got the running shoes and headed off to go watch Wally catch a pokemon. Time to hunt for a shroomish. Note, just after I typed this, I ran into one. I nicknamed her Kinococo and began to train her. :) Huh, what are the odds. Both Kinococo and Jukain are Bashful. Encountered a wild slakoth. Caught it to be a cut/strength/rock smash hm slave. Got to Rustboro and picked up Cut and the quick claw. I gave the quick claw to Kinococo and I taught cut to slakoth. Jukain evolved into a Grovyle. I beat all the trainers in Roxanne's gym easily before taking her on.
I beat Roxanne fairly easily. The only pokemon to put up a fight was Nosepass. A couple of megadrains and absorbed defeated him though. (Roxanne healed it twice which prolonged the battle.) Fought the Aqua admin and gave Peeko back to its owner. Got the letter to deliver and time for another Rival battle. Man, Torchic is hard to take down with two pure grass types. Anyway, beat her after a few tries and went on my way back to petalburg.
I went to dewford and began training there. I caught an abra to be a flash slave. Only took one try :D Kinococo evolved into Breloom, so I trained Jukain up some. When I got him to 23, I decided to take on Brawly.
Kinococo took them out easily with Headbutt. I taught flash to abra and delivered the letter to steven. You may notice I'm using Kinococo a lot for gym leaders. The reason? She's a slow leveler and they give good exp XD
Break: 8:27
Start time: 9:22
Cleaned out the museum and delivered the package. Rival battle was much easier with Kinococo. Trained and 1 hit KO'd Wally's Ralts with pursuit. Got Jukain up to 29 and realized there are no roselia in emerald.....Need time to think up a new member.
End time: 10:07

d_disaster
September 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Watched Wally catch a Ralts… he really didn’t need me there at all ¬¬

Fought a trainer on the beach, he had a Lv8 Taillow – it nearly beat me! So I trained both Pokemon up to Lv10 (Merlin evolved to Dustox!) before continuing into the forest. When I got to Rustboro, I beat the two Gym trainers’ Geodude extravaganza, just kept using Bubble so it wasn’t hard. Then I took on Roxanne. Geodude survived one Bubble, and then killed LadyOfLake with a Rock Tomb attack! I had to send in Merlin and use Confusion, but it did hardly any damage. And I got owned by Rock Tomb again. Looks like I need to do some more training before I can win.

It turned out that I couldn’t beat her until LadyOfLake was Lv15 and Merlin was Lv14. It was still a tough match though; I was lucky that Merlin’s poison sting poisoned Nosepass. But I won my badge nevertheless!

Party:
Merlin (Dustox) – Lv14 – Tackle, Poison Sting, Confusion, Gust
LadyOfLake (Surskit) – Lv15 – Bubble, Quick Attack, Sweet Scent

Other Pokemon: Torchic, Silcoon, Silcoon, Lotad

Total Play Time: 2:54 (Yeah it is going slow – but the bugs I have right now aren’t exactly fast at sweeping)

ChamsRock
September 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Hmm, how did you get a Surskit this early? Anywho, Training some more, and more, and more. Wattson is going to be a pain.I know I can't take him on before level 30, likely level 35, but then I'll breeze through the rest to Fortree for sure. I just hope I make up my time.

Team: level 28 Golbat
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack
Bite
Leach Life

Level 27 Swellow
Double Team
Wing Attack
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Anyone have any strategies for Wattson? I can't spam Double Team, as his Magenton will take me out with shock wave anyways. Also, should I get Endeavor, and if so, what should I get rid of?

d_disaster
September 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Surskit is rare, on route 102 :)

Your Wattson situation seems pretty tough - I doubt you can win until about lvl 35 like you say. Confuse Ray is probably your best bet, with luck magneton should eventually kill itself.

Sublime
September 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM
i havn't been able to play ruby much, as you know (stupid arm >_>). anyway, i managed to get to the first Gym using one hand. here is a quick summary.

Got torchic, beat every trainer i could on the way to the woods. Caught shroomish, used him to beat every other trainer on the way to the first Gym. Trained each of them to lvl 17.

Current poke's
Combusken lvl 17
Shroomish lvl 17

ChamsRock
September 16th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Congratulations! I just got my Golbat to evolve at level 36. I also have a level 28 Swellow now. I can't wait until I get a Skarmory! What +/- should I look for?

Edit!!! I beat Wattson with quite a few Paralyze Heal and Super potions, but I did it! Wow.

sdfs
September 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Start time: 2:17
Bleh....Decided to take ludicolo on as the last member. Remind me that I hate myself for this later. At least it makes flannery easier to take on. Luckily, my first encounter back at petalburg was a lotad. I savestated and nicknamed it Hasubrero (sounds a lot better than Runpappa). I checked its ability and it has Rain Dish. Exactly what I was looking for o_O Seeing as I am lucky right now, I trained it. I managed to get it to level 13 before leaving the route before petalburg. And I just realized it won't make the Flannery battle any easier. He doesn't learn hydro pump until 49. Yay. Hasubrero evolved into Lombre just outside of slateport where I continued my training. it's not easy only having bullet seed, nature power, absorb and astonish. Lalala....Got Hasubrero up to 21. Still 9 levels behind the other two. On a random unimportant note, I beat the guirtarist on the beach near mauville with nature power. It turned into earthquake :D
Ran out of trainers (including gym trainers) so I went back to training in the grass. Got both Jukain and Hasubrero to 30 and went to take on wattson. I 1 hit ko'd both his voltorb and his electrike, but his magneton paralyzed Kokodora and healed with a super potion. I defeated Manetric with three mach punches. Ack, loaded state and now I have to refight him @_@ Cleaned out Rusturf tunnel. Left for Fallabor, leaving the winstrates for either cradily or cacnea. I hate the ashy route. Is it just me or does it seem like the encounter rate is really high there? I eventually got the three flutes and continued on. (My pokemon are all level 36 because of how much time I had to spend there.) (Oh, and incase that doesn't make the logical connection, Jukain has evolved into Sceptile.) And I think I'm done for the now.
Hasubrero-Lombre-Gentle-36
Kinococo-Breloom-Bashful-36
Jukain-Sceptile-Bashful-36
End time: 6:17

Sublime
September 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Congratulations! I just got my Golbat to evolve at level 36. I also have a level 28 Swellow now. I can't wait until I get a Skarmory! What +/- should I look for?

Edit!!! I beat Wattson with quite a few Paralyze Heal and Super potions, but I did it! Wow.

get a wingul/pelipper. it can use surf. that gives you an extra pokemon instead of an extra HM slave

ChamsRock
September 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I was originally getting a Pelipper, but I'm replacing it with an Altiria, and I'll just use Mudkip/HMSlave

I've done a lot since my last post. I found a Skarmory, decided to catch a Swablu instead of a Wingull. Gave Skarmory the Exp. share and owned Maxie at Mt. Chimney. Owned Flannery with a few of Swellow's Attacks. Got the Go-Goggles, and went to challenge Dad. He was pretty easy. I got Sludge Bomb and taught it to Crobat. Blah Blah, saved just after beating Wiona. Currently searching for a Tropius.

Kinda stinks that there aren't any good water TMs early on though. However, Fire attacks will only be 1x instead of 2x against Lombre at least. Good luck everyone.

Chapati
September 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Wait a minute, what?.......

ChamsRock
September 17th, 2008, 12:18 PM
...... Anyways, Little update on my team, now that I have all 6 assembled.

Level 40 Crobat:
Sludge Bomb
Air cutter
Confuse Ray
Bite
Level 40 Swellow:
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Endeavor
Quick Attack
level 30 Skarmory:
Air Cutter
Sand Attack(Steel Wing in 2 levels)
Swift
Fury Attack
Level 25 Swablu:
Peck
Fly
Astonish
Sing
Level 25 Tropius:
Stomp
Sweet scent
Razor Leaf
Growth
Egg(Natu(It moves occasionally. It should Hatch soon.))
When Natu Hatches, I'll edit to fill it's moves in.

Chapati....... What is the significance of your post?

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Start time: 4:12
Battled all the trainers and watched the little scene at meteor falls. Battled the trainers on the other end and walked back to fiery path. Went through there and up to fight the magma grunts....Man it's going to be tough fighting Flannery. Winona is going to be tough too. Defeated all the grunts and got the meteorite. Went to Lavaridge, trained, etc. Returned meteorite, trained. At level 40, I decided to try and take on Flannery. With Kinococo.
Sky uppercut handled Numel easily. Same with camerupt (got a critical hit that time). Headbutt handled Slugma. 1 sky uppercut took torkoal down to the yellow. Another ended a match. I guess it was a lot easier than I thought it would be :) Time to get two more party members. First, I picked up the root fossil, then I caught a cacnea and ran back to rustboro to restore my cradily. Oh, lileep. I always get those two mixed up. Trained both of them up. This took a long time compared to everything I had done earlier. (It's 7:03 now, they're both caught up. Took longer than it should have. o_O). After wasting over an hour on that, (or was it two hours? *can't remember*, I went on to go fight norman. (I had trained on his trainers too.).
Norman was really easy....Kinococo's sky uppercut made really quick work of him. I taught Hasubrero surf and went off to do surf related things. But for now, I think I'll stop.
Team:
Kinococo-Breloom-43-Bashful
Noctus-Cacturne-40-Quirky
Jukain-Sceptile-40-Bashful
Hasubrero-Lombre-40-Gentle
Yuradle-Cradily-43-Rash
End time: 8:16
(did some stuff inbetween playing though.)
Ooops, forgot to post it when I finished ^^;

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Sdfs, where do you get your nicknames from? They're very original, I like them! :)

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Sdfs, where do you get your nicknames from? They're very original, I like them! :)
They're not really original ^^;; I look on bulbapedia for the japanese names. For example:
Cacturne = Noctus.
Nothing special, I just like how they sound :)

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Ooooh, haha, that's really cool. You're right, the japanese names sound MUCH cooler.

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Ooooh, haha, that's really cool. You're right, the japanese names sound MUCH cooler.
In most cases XD Some are not that good. For example: Magmar = Boober >_>

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM
PAHAHAHAHAHA... Yeah, maybe not then...

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
PAHAHAHAHAHA... Yeah, maybe not then...
Yeah, my friend and I still make fun of magmar for that XD But thanks for the compliment :)

(Dusty<3)
September 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah, my friend and I still make fun of magmar for that XD But thanks for the compliment :)
What is with the Mag family and them having a relative prefix of boob?
Magby= Bubii
Magmar= Boober (Poor thing)
Magmortar= Buuburn

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Ya gotta love those Japanese game designers ;)

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
What is with the Mag family and them having a relative prefix of boob?
Magby= Bubii
Magmar= Boober (Poor thing)
Magmortar= Buuburn
You know, I think Magby has it the worst out of them. XD Sounds exactly like it >.>

(Dusty<3)
September 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
You know, I think Magby has it the worst out of them. XD Sounds exactly like it >.>
Poor baby booby
xD
Oh wow that was so mean. lol
Good thing I dont like fire types!....or boobs
xD

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Poor baby booby
xD
Oh wow that was so mean. lol
Good thing I dont like fire types!....or boobs
xD
XD
I'm glad someone asked about the nicknames, this is interesting :)

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
*Gasp* Don't like fire types!? And yeah... My bad for major thread hijack >_>

(Dusty<3)
September 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
*Gasp* Don't like fire types!? And yeah... My bad for major thread hijack >_>
HATE them. And yeah....it's ok
xD
They can bur-.......freez-........DROWN IN THE PACIFIC. There.
xD

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
HATE them. And yeah....it's ok
xD
They can bur-.......freez-........DROWN IN THE PACIFIC. There.
xD
Fire types aren't bad to me. I just wished they had more variety. I still hate slugma though >.>

(Dusty<3)
September 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Fire types aren't bad to me. I just wished they had more variety. I still hate slugma though >.>
Slugma is actually the only one I like. And Magcargo.
They are so CUTE!
xD

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Slugma is actually the only one I like. And Magcargo.
They are so CUTE!
xD
XD
I've always like charmander and quilava. Not their evolved forms, but I like those two :)

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Ewww Magcargo, really? I like pretty much all Pokemon EXCEPT the Slugma line and Electrike... Hate that thing so much and it's stupid Static ability >_> STOP PARALYZING ME, DANG IT! *Bashes head against wall*

Edit: Yeah, Charmander's a beast. That's why I claimed him :P

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Hah, Shroomish is worse about it. Effect spore leaving you asleep while you're trying to train >_>

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Ooooh yeah, that's annoying too. A lot of times if I'm playing on my emulator I break out AdvancedMap and raise the Wild Pokemon's level of that area so it's easier to level up, haha. Like in Fire Red, I might make the Pokemon in that first route all Milotic. They give a LOT of exp.

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Ooooh yeah, that's annoying too. A lot of times if I'm playing on my emulator I break out AdvancedMap and raise the Wild Pokemon's level of that area so it's easier to level up, haha. Like in Fire Red, I might make the Pokemon in that first route all Milotic. They give a LOT of exp.
Heh, I've never tried that, though, I was supposed to hack Emerald with a friend...We never got around to it XD

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Heh, I've never tried that, though, I was supposed to hack Emerald with a friend...We never got around to it XD

Haha, I've never done a serious hack... I don't know how those guys do it. I've always wanted to do a real ROM hack, but it's just too complicated to a computer retard like me, lol.

sdfs
September 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Haha, I've never done a serious hack... I don't know how those guys do it. I've always wanted to do a real ROM hack, but it's just too complicated to a computer retard like me, lol.
High five to that. I was just too lazy to go over to their house and do real work. Wow, I hope I don't get kicked out of hte challenge for the non challenge related posts ^^;;

Clevink
September 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM
High five to that. I was just too lazy to go over to their house and do real work. Wow, I hope I don't get kicked out of hte challenge for the non challenge related posts ^^;;

Lol yeah I'm thinking of entering so I'm just gonna go to bed now and shut up >_> haha

Sublime
September 18th, 2008, 06:29 AM
did you see my first update lopunny? im planning to do more today, since i can use my arm more, and since im staying home from school.

ChamsRock
September 18th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I did nothing but train and farm Sitrus berries. Natu hasn't hatched yet, but It's close.

sdfs
September 18th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Start time: 6:58
Went to the abandoned ship and picked up ice beam. Taught it to Hasubrero and went on to fight more trainers. Ran ahead adn caught a tropius (nickname: Kurabo ((Stolen from the cheri berry))) and then went on to take on multiple trick house challenges. ... XD I forgot how to do this one. Nevermind, figured it out :)
Still training Kurabo....
9:11
Got Kurabo to 40. Good enough for me. Off to take care of new Mauville. Got that taken care of, trained on my way to the weather station, beat the aqua grunts in the weather station. Rival battle time. Theif/Icebeam took pelliper down easily. Surf destroyed combusken. Hasubrero vs Lombre...Hasubrero's Icebeam KO'd Lombre easily. Taught Kurabo fly.
Fun fact: I have enough money for 99 hyper potions.
Goal: Get everyone to 45 before winona.
It's so late....Anyway got everyone to 45 while doing a huge trade...

Kurabo-Tropius-45-Jolly
Jukain-Sceptile-45-Bashful
Kinococo-Breloom-45-Bashful
Yuradle-Cradily-45-Rash
Noctus-Cacturne-45-Quirky
Hasubrero-Lombre-45-Gentle
End time: 11:45
So tired @___@

sdfs
September 19th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Start time: 6:18
Time to beat up Winona. For this battle, I think I'll lead with Hasubrero. Icebeam knocked out swablu easily. I switched in Yuradle to fight Pelipper. Ancient Power took care of him. As for Skarmory, I sent in Hasubrero again. I used surf which took it down to the red, but Winona healed it. My third surf missed, and skarmory used aerial ace, but I still had most of my HP. My Icebeam missed and Tropius hit me with another aerial ace. Ice beam got rid of it though. Altaria also faced an icy defeat. From here on out, it should be a lot easier.
Left fortree to go fight my way towards mt pyre. (Going to run ahead to lilycove so I can fly back later). Got to lilycove, picked up the pokeblock case, and fought May. It took two of Noctus's faint attacks in order to knock out her Tropius. It took one Needle arm and one Facade to knock out Pelipper. Two facade for Combusken. Two facades for Ludicolo. Went to the safari zone to pick up solar beam. Taught it to Yuradle. Picked up Giga Drain, taught it to Hasubrero.
Did all the stuff on the outside part of mt pyre. Worked a bit up the inside of mt pyre.
End time: 7:35

megatyler3
May 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I've done water monotype on Sapphire, here are my pokemon and their moves:
Swampert Lv. 50
Muddy Water
Mud Shot
Take Down
Brick Break

Pelipper Lv.50
Wing Attack
Water Gun
Protect
Fly

Sharpedo Lv.50
Skull Bash
Take Down
Crunch
Slash

Lombre (forgot to evolve him lol) Lv.50
Surf
Hydro Pump
Absorb
Giga Drain

Lanturn Lv.52
Hydro Pump
Take Down
Water Gun
Thunderbolt

Walrein Lv.65
Blizzard
Ice Ball
Body Slam
Aurora Beam

Sorry for not asking for permision/posting about it but I did it over a long period of time, every once in a while I'd pick it up and play it. Because I didn't do the above I'd understand if you don't want to add me to people who completed challange.

Sydian
May 13th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Wow. This is so old it didn't even make the move to the challenge forum. If you want to enter a monotype, there's a challenge forum now, unlike 2008. So please post in there, and please don't revive threads this old!

Locked.