• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ikarishipping: What's your opinoin?

What's your opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
Hello, as you can clearly see, I am Mystery Treecko and I was looking through every kind of shipping there was when I came across something that didn't really make sense to me.

IKARISHIPPING

Weird, in 'A Gruff Act to Follow' (DP16) Paul couldn't even remember Dawn's name. I read a story on another website and it sorta converted me. I just want to know you're opinion.
Please tell you're opinoin in either a comment, click a poll or both. I'll write a story which will be on this website and several others based on the comments. Thanks again from the Mystery Treecko.

Beta Titles

If Dawn likes Paul: 20 Minutes

If Paul likes Dawn: What is a love?

If they both like each other: Plusle and Minun​

P.S. That first vote was me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There are a lot of ships that don't make sense, yet they have supporters. There are a lot I could name that fit that.

I really don't have an opinion on Ikarishipping, having not seen a single new episode of Pokemon since the episode where Chimchar was released? o_O But yeah, I can't really comment on if Dawn likes Paul, or if Paul likes Dawn, or if they both like each other.

I was just commenting on the fact that Ikarishipping isn't the only ship that doesn't make sense. ^^

I like the idea of only one of them liking the other though. Can't really pick either Dawn or Paul to be in that position.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
I've never actually seen a single episode of the D/P series, so I can't give much of an educated opinion, but from what I understand Paul is a rival, and I am generally of the opinion that shipping people who show every sign of disliking one another - such as your average rivals - is pretty stupid. I have never heard of a real-life crush actually being expressed as being a jerk to the other person or constantly arguing with them.

I don't know precisely what the dynamic between them is since I just haven't seen it, but from everything I've heard of Dawn and Paul, they don't seem like they'd have the kind of dynamic I could ever interpret as romance. (Then again, I'm not a shipper at all, and the only pairing in anything I have ever felt myself actually shipping was a canon pairing, so eh.)

On another note, I really love the name Ikarishipping. I saw the thread title "Ikarishipping (PaulxDawn)" somewhere and immediately thought, "Haha, that's an awesome shipping name." It's a lot cleverer than most.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
Years
At the moment in the anime, I'm not really too fond of Paul because of his attitudes on Pokemon training. However, anime tend to be fairly predictable, so I think its reasonable to assume that somewhere in the future, he is going to lose to Ash and come to realize that he isn't doing things the right way. Even if that doesn't happen though, if one is thinking of fanfiction or of a hypothetical scenario, it could still happen.

So long as Paul changed his ways some (since I don't think Dawn approves of his methods), I'd fully support the pairing. It could happen :)

Hiidora

Strawberry Lip gloss~!
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
*Sigh* Ikari shipping doesn't exist really, Paul annoys the crap out of Dawn and she hates him, Though I do wish Ikari shipping existed though, I really love the "Jerk and Preppy girl" pairings and that's exactly what that coupling is! ^ ^

Sadly if they did like each other, You would have to watch the Japanese version to see it, They cut out almost all the pairings in the English version.

Though I do have to say this, Ikari shipping Is a cute and wonderful coupling, I love all the fan fics about it and I am obsessed with this coupling! Please do write a fan fiction! I'd love love love to see one on here!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Don't bump fics over a month old. Read the rules before posting in this section again, to learn when you can and can't bump. This is one of those "can't" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back