But good things never last,
he left like he came, fast.
Its getting darker on the sand,
No more friend, hand in hand.
I lose sight on what i can reach,
Im alone, its night-time, on the beach.

Gymnotide
September 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
[css-div="border: 1px solid black; background-color: white; width: 400px; padding: 20px;"]No one to pass the time.
No one to pass the time with.
Missing a word.

I'll edit with full review in a second.

- - - - -

he left like he came, fast.
I think left should be "leaves," since most of the poem is in present-tense anyways.

A few mechanical errors, like a forgotten apostrophe in "I'm" and splitting of "wherever" into two words. Other than that, it is an innocent poem about an equally innocent and pure rendezvous with a companion.

The part which I especially enjoyed while reading this poem is the simplicity, which gives it that aforementioned innocence.

Tidal wave as a symbol and sand as a metonymy makes me very happy as well. I think you could use a bit more sensual vocabulary, however; for example, the smell of the ocean, the feel of the breeze and the sand and the warmth of the sunlight. It would really help to capture the beach better.[/css-div]

MyLittleShop
September 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
[css-div="border: 1px solid black; background-color: white; width: 400px; padding: 20px;"]
No one to pass the time with.
Missing a word.

I'll edit with full review in a second.

- - - - -

I think left should be "leaves," since most of the poem is in present-tense anyways.

A few mechanical errors, like a forgotten apostrophe in "I'm" and splitting of "wherever" into two words. Other than that, it is an innocent poem about an equally innocent and pure rendezvous with a companion.

The part which I especially enjoyed while reading this poem is the simplicity, which gives it that aforementioned innocence.

Tidal wave as a symbol and sand as a metonymy makes me very happy as well. I think you could use a bit more sensual vocabulary, however; for example, the smell of the ocean, the feel of the breeze and the sand and the warmth of the sunlight. It would really help to capture the beach better.[/css-div]

Thanks, any other reviews?