PDA

View Full Version : In Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks...

SamuraiMaster
September 10th, 2008, 06:11 AM
I remove my cap to every one of those "Heroes of the Day" that climbed those stairs in those towers, attacked the hijackers on that plane, and rescued those in the Pentagon.

I don't remember mch that day...but I do.

I woke up that morning...I was in grade 5. I heard on the radio something about two towers on fire. Something about hijacked planes. I didn't know what that meant. I thought it was just a big accident.

We went to mom's store cuz my sister had to get her hair done. Mom said she saw the second plane hit. I am sort of glad I didn't see the second crash live. We watched the chaos on the television. I was just sort of in awe, that this was actually happening.

Honestly, some of me was throbbing with excitement...I don't know why. I didn't fully understand the evil behind this attack...until later that night. But that morning, I was sorta thinking. "Wow, America is under attack? Let's kick butt! Hell Yeah!" I deeply regret thinkig that now...

There was a lot of talk in skool that day about the terrorist attacks...

That night, I wanted to watch the news. Hell, I wanted to see the news during the duration of the day. Mom jus told me to go do my homework. I only heard that the towers were destroyed, and a lot were dead.

Over the years, I began to study the attacks, reading books, and such. I even watched the documentary...filmed by one of the fire departments that day.
The documentary is simply called 9/11. It was originally supposed to be a documentary on how to be a fire-fighter...for rookies.

The morning of 9/11/01, the camera man was in the street, the fire department was checking in on a reported odor of gas. Out in that street, you heard the first plane fly over. The camera man turned and captured the only known footage of the first plane crashing into tower 1.

The fireedepartment answered immediatly. This is also the only known footage of the events INSIDE the towers that day...begining...to end.

A very powerful documentary.

Years later, I anger at America and the big deal it makes about 9/11. It's a tragedy, not a national conspiracy. I hate it when people bring up the damn sayings "Bush did it." "The Towers were demolished." I jsut wanna shout SHUT THE **** UP! I just can't believe that American citizens would make some conspracy theory out of a national tragedy. It's almost as disgusting as the Columbine Super Massacre RPG (a game made by a man in Utah where you play one of the Columbine High School shooters).

People just don't always want to understand the truth that exists...

God Bless America.

I made these about a year ago if your interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJJZlmrJlE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJJZlmrJlE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ98hlSboIE

Aurafire
September 10th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Amen dude, you said it all. We should all make a point tomorrow to take a moment and remember 9/11 and the lives lost that day.

I like the videos too, they were very well made. Nice job =P

Netto Azure
September 10th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Amen dude, you said it all. We should all make a point tomorrow to take a moment and remember 9/11 and the lives lost that day.

I like the videos too, they were very well made. Nice job =P

We could make this as the official PC Remembrance thread... I am just sad that some people still believe it's some kind of conspiracy. It was a National Tragedy. But you do have to remember the British also went through something like this, day and night during the Battle of Britain in 1940.

Me I still remember this day like it was yesterday. I was back in the Philippines, back in Third Grade... it was night time...My grandmother was helping me with my Homework and studying. Then the phone rang. Iy was my aunt on the other line...She said turn on the TV...Go to the CNN channel (Lucky we had cable in the Philippines back then.) We tuned to CNN and saw the Horror...We saw live the Second Twin Tower get hit...we kept on watching and found out that the Pentagon was also hit, with another plane crash landing in a field on Pennsylvania....I didn't know the true impact of that history Shattering moment till later on in my life...possibly because we just went through an Impeachment trial (Which ousted the President) in the Philippines and had enough of history making moments.

Then for a few days I remember flipping through different channels even foreign language channels (Japanese, Chinese, etc) which only had either a clip, schematics, etc. of the event...even our local news blared about the event...

Edit: I watched the videos...Brings out so much emotions especially the quotes...But the front page of the Shanghai Star disturbed me in the end of the second video...It asked kind of like the wrong question it said things like "Icons of American might" and "...as the world waits for the reaction of the Superpower..." but that's just probably me....

Emii
September 10th, 2008, 07:37 AM
That day was really scary.. I was in the sixth grade, and my teacher got a phone call, so she turned on the tv, and we saw the second tower get hit, and then our school went into lockdown (like the terrorists would want to attack my school..) and that's all we did all day.. It was so scary

The videos are really well made, good job! I like them

EmeraldSky
September 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I'm dedicating my channel broadcast tomorrow to those that were lost...and replacing the Legend of Mana music with the Song of Healing. (I would've put a clip of God Bless the USA on there, but I don't have that song)

Memory
September 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I remember that day...
..I was in first grade. I had my backpack over my shoulder before going to school and was walking into the living room and heard a guy on the news talking about what he had seen... then I saw videos of the buildings tumbling down. It surprised me, but I kinda shrugged it off, and went through my day (I was only in 1st grade) then when I got home my grandma explained it to me.

The ironic thing is, my anniversary with my boyfriend is tomorrow, too.

ShadowofTime01
September 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I was in the 7th grade... my mom woke me up and told me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center (which i had no idea what those were at the time). And as I was watching the tv, I saw the second plane just crash into the tower... Horrific moment for a kid to see. I just remember being so angry and wanting to stop those who hurt innocent people, and then feeling totally powerless to do so at that age.

So to all those who perished on that day, here's to you **raises glass in salute**

.inLOVE
September 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I was in 6th grade, I was home sick watching the news and I was crying because my uncle was in that part. That burned. We're going to the pentagon tomorrow to see the bench dedicated to him when the memorial opens. I hope all the people who died are there in heaven, happy that we all have a place in our hearts for them, even though we have never met them.

Pokemaster1993
September 10th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I was in 1st grade, but I didn't go to 1st grade until that october. I was in Queens, NY that day I think, and I was in an apartment for something, and when I heard the twin towers collapsed I kept watching the news for more news. then I watched out my window to see the towers far away going down I think.

SamuraiMaster
September 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I was in 6th grade, I was home sick watching the news and I was crying because my uncle was in that part. That burned. We're going to the pentagon tomorrow to see the bench dedicated to him when the memorial opens. I hope all the people who died are there in heaven, happy that we all have a place in our hearts for them, even though we have never met them.

My deepest sympathies...sorry...

The Song I referenced above "Hero of the Day" actually fits the fire fighters.

It's Metallica, and the song talks about how we view heroes on the television of sports or whatever, then they go on to talk about how the real heroes are the ordinary people in the ordinary life that do ordinary things...

Another thing that made me really happy was a political cartoon (well technically it was) but not satirical.

It said who's your favorite hero?
The three choices were
Batman
Superman
The NY Fire Department

Anti
September 10th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I remember this day very well. I was in second grade and we were about to go to music class. My teacher told us when we were in line that "some very bad people did some very bad things."

I didn't understand it then but it's really kind of weird how I remember given that. Really one of the saddest days in world history.

icomeanon6
September 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
It happened when I was in third grade, and I definitely wasn't as scared as I should have been, seeing as I live only twenty minutes away from the Pentagon. No one in my class really understood what was happening, even though we had all seen the footage. There was a friend of mine in that class whose father had almost gone on one of the flights, I don't remember which one, though. For weeks after it happened, there were fighter jets flying low over my neighborhood.

We should never forget what happened then, and we should always remember to keep the families of the victims in our prayers.

Kenshin5
September 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Its kind of said to see some of those ignorant comments toward your video on youtube with all there bs conspiracy theories like the goverment planned to do that and kill all those innocent people.I remember that day when I was in 6th grade and in between classes it was strange cause all the teachers were all huddled up talking seriously I was wondering there must be something wrong then when class started next hour the teacher was explaning what happen and turn the tv to some news station then a few mintutes after he turned the tv on the second plan hit.Im think is this serious I must be dreaming this cant be happening.

sandcrawler
September 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
What's crazy is that there were a good chunk of people who (gratefully) missed their flights that day. Maybe it was just more noticeable because it was it was 9/11.

I wasn't horribly desensitized to it. When I came home from elementary school that day my dad was in the car and all "Hey sandcrawler, did ya hear? The twin towers were attacked." It was real blunt and all over the news anyways.

Alakazam17
September 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I remember hearing about it in my first week of high school, during Art class. My teacher had said that there had been some attacks in the United States. Later that day my school had a moment of silence for them.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I was in first grade when this happened.

I remember I was bending down for paper, and the prinipal and vice principal and so other guy I don't remember... were there to tell us what happened.

I, however, stayed in bending down position all throughout until they told me to get up. XD

Thank god I didn't have any corcerns about my family members.The one thing I remember clearly was that it was on the news for DAYS.

It got boring for me. (OMG, I KNOW, I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON! BUT GIVE ME SOME SLACK! I WAS ONLY 6!)

But I feel sorry for all who died in the attack.
hopefully thier souls are doing... ya know, stuff. stuff that makes them happy. Like golf. or parcheesy.or maybe scrabble- you get my point.

marz
September 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I strongly believe that 9/11 was an inside job by the American government itself, so I have no respect for America and it's government, and no pity for what happened to the Twin Towers and Pentagon. America's government is just sick.

However, I do feel pity for all those who had to die in that "tragedy". Your government sure screwed you over this time, didn't it?

Kenshin5
September 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Im sure your goverment is the ideal government.What logic would there be for the government to attack there own buildings?

marz
September 10th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Im sure your goverment is the ideal government.What logic would there be for the government to attack there own buildings?

Every government is corrupt, my friend.

The government doesn't need logic. It does things it feels it has to do to accomplish things. Listen, the government staged this "terrorism" just to start a war in Iraq and claim it right by labeling it "The War on Terror". It also did it for economical gain and to take away civil liberties.

Aurafire
September 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I strongly believe that 9/11 was an inside job by the American government itself, so I have no respect for America and it's government, and no pity for what happened to the Twin Towers and Pentagon. America's government is just sick.

However, I do feel pity for all those who had to die in that "tragedy". Your government sure screwed you over this time, didn't it?

Yeah....don't post in this thread if you're going to say stuff like that. It's ignorant and stupid for anyone to think that 9/11 was an inside job. In case you didn't notice, this thread is trying to be respectful towards a national tragedy, and we don't need people like you posting your twisted beliefs. Please and thank you.

Kenshin5
September 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
They went to the war in Iraq cause they thought there were weapons of Mass Destruction not cause of 9/11.

marz
September 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah....don't post in this thread if you're going to say stuff like that. It's ignorant and stupid for anyone to think that 9/11 was an inside job. In case you didn't notice, this thread is trying to be respectful towards a national tragedy, and we don't need people like you posting your twisted beliefs. Please and thank you.

It needs to be said, buddy. You don't believe me because you instantly believe that it was terrorism. You've never actually taken the time to look at the facts. The buildings were built with 47 thick steel columns, and those planes definitely did not cut through all of those columns. In fact, the Twin Towers were built to withstand more than a plane hitting it. There were bombs planted in the floors, which is what made the buildings collapse.

It's really no point to try to convince you all. I don't judge you for your beliefs, so don't judge me for mine. Thanks.

ps: watch the movie Zeitgeist. Part 2 is about 9/11 and proving that it was an inside job.

Aurafire
September 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It needs to be said, buddy. You don't believe me because you instantly believe that it was terrorism. You've never actually taken the time to look at the facts. The buildings were built with 47 thick steel columns, and those planes definitely did not cut through all of those columns. In fact, the Twin Towers were built to withstand more than a plane hitting it. There were bombs planted in the floors, which is what made the buildings collapse.

It's really no point to try to convince you all. I don't judge you for your beliefs, so don't judge me for mine. Thanks.

ps: watch the movie Zeitgeist. Part 2 is about 9/11 and proving that it was an inside job.

I reported you. This isn't about beliefs or not. It's about remembering where people were that day and how they felt about it, and about remembering those who died. The least you can do is respect what they have to say.

marz
September 10th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I reported you. This isn't about beliefs or not. It's about remembering where people were that day and how they felt about it, and about remembering those who died. The least you can do is respect what they have to say.

Wow, you reported me? Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Oh right, I guess you're getting influenced by your corrupted government already~

Amachi
September 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
It'd be best if the discussion of how it happened is to be left outside of this thread. This thread isn't here to discuss and share conspiracy theories or thoughts on politics and war - it's in remembrance of those who perished.

So zip it.

Pokehero22
September 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Nicley done Amachi!

Anyways, I don't think I even knew 9/11 happened, but I heard that there were the Twin Towers, anyways, It is time we Americans do stand together and defend our freedom, and our nation. Those innocent people did not deserve to die. Heck, they didn't even do anything wrong...

God Bless the USA!

Aurafire
September 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Getting back on topic....

I was in 6th grade, in history, and the principal came on over the announcements and said that the president declared a national emergency. No one really knew how serious it was. I didn't find anything else out until I got home. My dad had come home early and he and my mom were watching the news. I was way too young to understand the gravity of the situation, but it's funny how you remember stuff like that.

P.S. thanks Amachi =P

Pokehero22
September 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Amachi is a true American! Taking a stand for his country. Well, if he is American O_o

Not everyone is American around here, but I know that the whole world was shoken by that tragedy. I just hope we are able to defeat Iraq and teach them a lesson for killing all those innocent people, including the small kids... :(

marz
September 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
lollolo thx amachi ur so kewl

Anyways.. When I first found out about 9/11 (I only started believing it was an inside job a few months ago), I thought it was ridiculous. I didn't know why or how people could manage to fly planes into a building. I hated seeing it on the news over and over because the news reports were really gruesome and showed some things my young eyes shouldn't have seen. I felt really sad and confused as to why anyone would do something like that.. I feel really sorry for those who died.

omg how's that guys?!?!

Aurafire
September 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Amachi is a true American! Taking a stand for his country. Well, if he is American O_o

Not everyone is American around here, but I know that the whole world was shoken by that tragedy. I just hope we are able to defeat Iraq and teach them a lesson for killing all those innocent people, including the small kids... :(

We're not really "fighting" Iraq. We're fighting terrorists in Iraq. But yes, it was a tragedy.

It was nice when the whole country kind of came together that day and we forgot about our politics. I suppose we've taken a step backwards....but it's still nice to remember.

lollolo thx amachi ur so kewl

Anyways.. When I first found out about 9/11 (I only started believing it was an inside job a few months ago), I thought it was ridiculous. I didn't know why or how people could manage to fly planes into a building. I hated seeing it on the news over and over because the news reports were really gruesome and showed some things my young eyes shouldn't have seen. I felt really sad and confused as to why anyone would do something like that.. I feel really sorry for those who died.

omg how's that guys?!?!

Mmmm....I can really sense the sincerity there. Again with the inside job stuff....just leave.....really.

Pokehero22
September 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Well, as long as we show them what we showed Britain back in 1776. O_o (Going way back! O_O)

We will not just take a hit, no, we will fight back, we love EVERYONE in this country.

God Bless the USA, God Bless the Innocent Lives who died that fateful day, and God Bless the World.

Atomic Reactor
September 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
omg how's that guys?!?!

Was that really necessary? -_-

The first I had herd about it was when I got on my bus. I was in 3rd grade, i overheard some kids talking.
" Dude, those twin towers in NY got hit!"
I didn't think much of it. It was all we talked about for almost a week in school.
It sinks in deeper and deeper each year.
:(

Pokehero22
September 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM
That must have been haunting...

Plus, have any of you seen Godspell? In the Movie, during the end of the "All for the Best" Number, they are dancing on top of the WTC. I was like O_O

Anyways, I just think we should put all of our diffrences aside, because, right now, It seems some Americans aren't really mourning the death of all the innocent people...

And then the whole contreversy thing shows up? NO WAY!

Anyways, As I have said, God Bless America, the land of the Free, and the home of the Brave.

Wish
September 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Well, I was in elementary school when it happened. I remember getting ready to go to school all cheery and happy until I saw my dad turn on CNN.

"Breaking News" (When I thought the Breaking part meant actual breaking...yeah >.>)

I saw the footage live on CNN, but I never realized how important and what a tragedy it was until when I got old enough to understand the whole concept. Weird how my teacher made me draw a journal page on that. I remember drawing a nice little stick drawing of a plane crashing into a building for our journal that day. XD I should scan it here sometime.

God bless America.

Kyoko
September 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I was in 5th grade when it happened. I was home sick and my mom got a call from my aunt to turn on the news, so I stayed in the living room to see what all the fuss was about. My mom started freaking out and I watched the clips over and over, but didn't get was so wrong about it XD; I thought it was an accident at first. Then I remember my mom trying to call my brother out of school because she was freaked out.

I also feel bad for those who lost their lives :( it's a shame.

Pokehero22
September 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
To tell the truth, I was actually in... idk, first grade? maybe 2nd?

Anyways, I never knew it happened... :(

Until... I saw ground zero... :*(

Black_Wolf
September 10th, 2008, 06:15 PM
*Removes cover* I remember when this happened. I was actually working. I was taking a break from College. I saw everything. Long story short, In anger and disgust, I applied myself, and eventually joined the marines.*I just retired. USMC Vet. 2003-2008*

Now, I'm just gonna be nice. Unless you guys have been to or actually know what goes on overseas, I will have to ask you guys to limit your negative comments on the conflict.

SamuraiMaster
September 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I also gotta thank Amachi. ou just gained a lot of respect from me.

I visited Ground Zero last spring and was pissed.
New York has turned ground zero into a purse. You gotta pay $10 to go see the holes, which are very deep and fenced off around the outside.
You don't know what the money goes to...I was just thinking "Why wouldyou need to pay to see a sight that basically now is a huge part of American history?

The streets around the WTC area were renamed into names like Liberty, Justice, Peace, etc. It was a sight to marvel.

I didn't pay the 10 dollars. Would have, but tickets were not being sold at the time. (anger rising again)

*Removes cover* I remember when this happened. I was actually working. I was taking a break from College. I saw everything. Long story short, In anger and disgust, I applied myself, and eventually joined the marines.*I just retired. USMC Vet. 2003-2008*

Now, I'm just gonna be nice. Unless you guys have been to or actually know what goes on overseas, I will have to ask you guys to limit your negative comments on the conflict.

I honor and respect your job overseas. However I am not in favor of the war and don't know if I ever was. My cousin is over there. I worry about him. also got a friend from High school serving over there. I worry about his safety as well.

I respect the marines, but like I said...I wish the leaders at times would lead in the right direction.
I hope this is understandable man.

Thanks.

Stalin Malone
September 10th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Just a friendly reminder that the type of explosion that took down the twin towers happeins with demolitions that use charges and not from airplanes hitting it.

SamuraiMaster
September 10th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Just a friendly reminder that the type of explosion that took down the twin towers happeins with demolitions that use charges and not from airplanes hitting it.

(SM is gripping his mouse very tight wanting to crush it)

Please........leave......damn........conspiracy........theories.....off........this..........thread........

Do I need to make it any clearer?

Thank you.

Klippy
September 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM

Obviously you failed to read that this thread is a tribute to those that died on the day. Not for your silly conspiracy theories. :/

So, unless you've got something actually worthwhile to add to the thread, besides your unpatriotic bullcrap, then go away.

--

I was in 5th grade when 9/11 happened and I remember it quite well. I was eating a waffle as the planes hit and at school we had a little service thing for an hour about it. Obviously I don't remember what was going on in my head so long ago, but I knew that it brought every American citizen together and helped unite us as a nation for awhile.

Stalin Malone
September 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Conspiracy theory? You all in the mainstream are the ones who believe in a conspiracy. Yeah, a small band of hunted men who live in afghanistan pulling off 9/11. That's 100x more implausible and out there than the theories presented by such enlightening videos as 'Loose Change'.

Black_Wolf
September 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Conspiracy theory? You all in the mainstream are the ones who believe in a conspiracy. Yeah, a small band of hunted men who live in Afghanistan pulling off 9/11. That's 100x more implausible and out there than the theories presented by such enlightening videos as 'Loose Change'.

You'd be surprised how "small" that band really is.

Seriously, do you think demolitions is that simple? To bring down something like that, no matter how well you place the charges, Tons would be needed. Trust me when I say that such an explosion would not go unnoticed.

Anyways, please let us be. Get together with other of you conspiracy-loving buddies on another forum, and post there. Please remember that this is a very touching subject for some of us.

Stalin Malone
September 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry that facts and reality are touchy subjects to you. I hope someday you recover enough to no longer shy away from the truth.

God
September 10th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Well said, Samurai.

I never lost anyone in the attack, but it still is a tragedy anyway.

I give my respects to all who were affected.

Gunn
September 10th, 2008, 08:09 PM
My dad was in one of the towers the day before it happened ... I am still in a little shock about it, even if it was seven years ago ... I'm thankful that he's still here. From that day, I remember being in school and like others, I was young (sixth grade). I received a phone call from my mom to go watch the news that morning. And yeah, I couldn't believe it.

ShadowofTime01
September 10th, 2008, 08:22 PM

Hey Black_Wolf, I just wanted to thank you for serving our country like that. I won't even pretend to know what you went through over there or what it is like to be apart of our nation's military, but I want you to know that I am appreciative of your service no matter what my opinions are on the war or the current administration. We all share the same country and thus we obviously believe in the same ideals of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And i hope you don't let some of the tasteless comments on this thread get to you, when it should be about honoring those who have perished in a horrible tragedy. Sorry if anything in that statement was out of line, but I felt like saying it.

Lucy Lu
September 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I remembered it so well. I was in class(in college) when I seen it on tv inside the teacher's office. It was so terrible. I felt so sad for the people who lost their lives. So when I went home, I seen the alert again. Again, I was so sad. I had to go to work a few hours after class. I didn't feel like working. I was thinking about how can it happen? All of those people...

But also there were people helping a few people out to safety. I just want to honor everyone during that time. It was very hard, but that made us wake up. And fight against terror.

So I am in remembrance for all the victims of 9/11.

/Circa
September 11th, 2008, 12:51 AM
No offense, but in my view America deserved it. It's a bit sad that innocent people died, but the government needs to know people will rebel against what America has done.

If the politicians were in the buildings instead of some innocent people, I would of applauded.

Amachi
September 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
That's nice and all, but innocent people never deserve to die. As I've stated before in this thread, please keep this kind of talk out of this thread.

Zet
September 11th, 2008, 12:57 AM

two wrongs don't make a right, what about all the innocent iraqies(sp?) that had nothing to do with 9/11, you just can't say thats justice, you're just being like the terrorists and fighting over oil, it's sad

Guillermo
September 11th, 2008, 01:25 AM
This was one of the most terrible incidents I have ever seen over TV, my uncle died in the 9/11 and I just broke down. I saw the 1st tower get hit then I turned the TV off, it was such a hard thing to bear! I am sure all who died are at peace, and let us hope there is never a remake of the 9/11 incident.

Becky_x
September 11th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I don't remember what year I was in, if it was 7 years ago I must have been about 13/14. I didn't know anything about it until I got home from school and my Dad was watching it on the news. It didn't really sink in at all, I'm the kind of person who has to be there and actually see something for it to have an effect on me, so back then the footage on the news just looked like clips from a movie.

My condolences go to all those who have been affected by it all

Cassino
September 11th, 2008, 02:43 AM
9/11 doesn't even match up to all the plane crashes in the world, let alone any wars.
Tragedy I think not. The only reason for the fuss is because it happened to America.

To me, 9/11 was just another day, and that's all I remember it as.

Don't bother quoting me and typing up some argument about my jadedness. This is my opinion, I'll respect yours if you respect mine.

GreatStalin
September 11th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I can understanding respecting the deaths of innocent lives lost in the attacks which occurred on the 9th of Sept. 2001, but to go overboard with the topic on such a matter is just absurd (I'm looking at you, Pokehero22)!

It seems some Americans aren't really mourning the death of all the innocent people...

Nothing wrong with that, is there? Just because people don't mourn (which is, in many respects, an irrational use of time) doesn't give you any right to look down upon them as inferior Americans or somesuch, does it?

PS: I approve of the above post!

EmeraldSky
September 11th, 2008, 04:57 AM
::waves a US flag in tribute::

Cherrim
September 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM
While 9/11 may not mean much to me anymore (in the sense that it just doesn't affect me - I normally need a hinted reminder of what the date is to remember that the day is anything but just another day), I still can't believe some of the posts in this thread. I'm sure the people I'm talking about could find a better time to bring out these theories. I don't care if you choose to believe certain ideas over others, whatever makes you feel better. Just don't push them on others when it's definitely the wrong time and place. Common sense and compassion, you know?

Anyway, as said before, this day doesn't really resonate with me anymore. I recognize it as a day when many people lost their lives, and as an important day in the US, at least. I don't think I understood it well enough the day it happened. I remember being more annoyed that some of my favourite shows were cancelled that day (and in the days to come) in order to show coverage of the same thing over and over again. As the years went on, I understood it (and cared) more, but now, I guess I've just moved on. I would like to note that even as a kid I was very impressed by how the whole world just stopped and watched and were near-united in what they thought that day. The same doesn't ring true years later, but when it happened, that wasn't the case.

Forever
September 11th, 2008, 05:32 AM
This day is so important that MSN has its own tribute today to the event; by not working. Those damn terrorists, hacking MSN, hacking ur computerz. They're everywhere!

If people say the plane crash didn't kill the people then why did they film the plane crash? o em gee, directors cut.

I don't believe it was the government either. Though who knows... Rudd could be planning to kill all of us on his birthday for the fun of it. Oh yay.

What's even funnier is that the anniversary of this is the day after the "end of the world/black hole" day. XD;

Maybe they'll get reincarnated as prime ministers/presidents and plan out another conspiracy, or go to heaven, whatever you believe in :3

[/sarcasm]

So yeah, I feel sorry for the Americans... and I hope their families can get over the event, and live life how they deserve to.

TRIFORCE89
September 11th, 2008, 05:42 AM
None of us knew what was going on that day. We didn't know what was going to happen next. I remember my mom calling my dad at work all day and relaying what was going on and what was being said on TV. Went to sleep that night to my dad saying, "You're going to wake up in a very different world."

As a Canadian, I don't have...the same emotional connection. But, in the days that followed I was amazed by your patriotism and how everyone was united. As much as it was an attack on America, it was in every sense of the word the WORLD Trade Centre. What was attacked that day were the principles held by every country that believes in democracy and freedom. Ideals shared by most of the western world regardless of politics.

Amongst all the evil there was that day, there were heroes as well. Known, unknown. Unseen. Firefighters, aid worker, regular citizens, people in the towers, people on Flight 93. In the hysteria and fear, people banded together and persevered - and many did not make it - but they were all heroes.

And, I so badly want to say something about conspiracy theorists, but is neither the time, nor the place, and I would be giving you more attention than you deserve.

Red1530
September 11th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I remember September 11, 2001 like it was yesterday. I was in the sixth grade at the time and the school I attended keep news about the attacks under wraps. When I got home from school that day my father told me as soon as I got of the bus that there has been a second Pearl Harbor. My father told me this because I had an interest in history and could immediately understand what happen. When I got into the house I saw footage of the South Tower collapsing. Later that evening while doing my homework with CBS 2 New York on I saw Seven World Trade Center collapse. That night before I went to bed, I watch President Bush address the nation. As I went to bed that night I thought that the people who attacked us must be thinking "What have we done." About a month later I would learn that United 175 flew over my school and I remember looking up into the sky and seeing a jet. I still think to this day I might have say the doomed flight.

God Bless America.
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Geography_and_History/International_Flags/usa_4.gif

Video Archive: http://wcbstv.com/911/sept11.911.ground.2.247167.html

Buoysel
September 11th, 2008, 06:36 AM
I agree that that day is a tragedy. We never forget what happened that day. Not just to the people in the Wold Trade Center, but in the Pentagon, and the people in Virginia.

Civilians were attacked, whether it be the terrorist or the government (who ever you want to believe), Someone needs to pay.

Let us not forget the soldiers who have died since then either.http://abiblestudy.net/Portals/Abiblestudy.net/American%20Flag.gif

Dusclord
September 11th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I don't remember that day, Today nobody in my school talked about that. I know people must remember this date, even in Europe 'cause the world haven't been peaceful since then. But when the war in Irak will be finished, it will be a part of U.S' history but I don't know if it'll be the same thing for other countries... that's weird.

fade101
September 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
my uncle died in the 9/11 and I just broke down.Im sorry for your loss.

I have nothing much to say coz i cant remember a thing either...
Just god bless america and its people... may all who have lost their lives rest in peace...
And to the heroes who helped... idk, nothing can ever repay you guys...

Gamer2020
September 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
look up the movie
9/11 in plain sight

Aurafire
September 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM
*salutes the flag*

I'll never forget, and I hope none of you forget, 9/11/01.

Saltare.
September 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM
My dad was a fire fighter so he was there and we have a video of it. Called 911 and it was signed by the firefighters in NYC. It shows every minute of the tradegy. So sad...

Suzume
September 11th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I don't have any strong memories of that day, but I think I was in the 5th grade then. I remember that it was already the evening (well, propably, because of the different time zone) of 9/11 and I was talking with my friend over the phone, when she mentioned something about a big explosion or a bomb or something like that in America. Later in the evening my parents watched the news and it became clearer what had happened. My parents were more shocked than me, because I didn't fully understand how serious the situation was overseas. The next day we talked a lot about it in the school, but I don't remember anything big happening then. It took severel years for me to understand how big impact 9/11 was to USA and how serious consequences it would have. I'm sorry for everyone who have lost someone that day. I still don't know how to feel sadness about this since it feels like a thing that happened far away and long ago, but I'm sure people who were more related to the whole thing do. Sorry for your loss.

Saryka
September 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I think I was in Grade Four when 9/11 happened. We were in the middle of a class and then my principal came on the announcements and explained to the school what just happened. Being only nine years old at the time, I didn't fully understand what went on that day until much later. I don't remember the details of that day, although I believe we were sent home early, or my parents came to pick me up early that day. I do remember that both my parents left work early, though. Seeing it on TV, I remember, was a terrible sight for me, even though I was only nine and didn't know what was fully going on.

I can't imagine how people who have lost someone due to that tragedy feel, and I don't believe anyone deserves to go through that kind of pain, or die in such a tragedy.

Klippy
September 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM
all else I got to say is that people die everyday, but we don't make tribute days to them, even if those people didn't die that die they would have died another day

I'd imagine my family would disagree with you. My uncle died a few years ago and on the day he dies, we all come together and just enjoy being together. So, there's a tribute day for him. Obviously the whole country doesn't pay tribute to him, but for every life he impacted, they remember the day he died and how great of a man he was.

So, I'd think that those that lost their loved ones on that day feel honored to have the entire country remembering their loved ones. It's no different than if their family payed tribute, but they're being respected greatly for their deaths and what they sacrificed that day.

Just put yourself in their shoes and see if you'd like for everyone to forget the day your family member or loved one died, then see how you'd feel. :/ I doubt you'd be happy some kid thinks your father/mother/family member's death was unimportant. I can't really say that I would feel the impact if your family member died, but I'd feel sympathetic towards you.

icomeanon6
September 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
all else I got to say is that people die everyday, but we don't make tribute days to them, even if those people didn't die that die they would have died another day
People may die every day, but 2,975 people do not die every day at the same time for the same reason. 2,975. Imagine two good sized high schools with all of their students inside being wiped off the face of the Earth, that's about how many people we lost over the span of minutes. 9/11 was an example of how truly dangerous and deadly religious fanaticism can be. To forget it would be a terrible mistake.

parallelzero
September 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
9/11 doesn't even match up to all the plane crashes in the world, let alone any wars.
Tragedy I think not. The only reason for the fuss is because it happened to America.

To me, 9/11 was just another day, and that's all I remember it as.

Don't bother quoting me and typing up some argument about my jadedness. This is my opinion, I'll respect yours if you respect mine.
^This.

I found it awesome that we had a fire drill at school today.

Memory
September 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Amen to that.
Seriously. This thread was not initially a debate thread, it's to remember the lives that were lost from the people in the planes, the towers, and the heroes and firefighters who fought the flames.

Some of these responses are just sick...

the bitter end.
September 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Indeed it's very sad that Americans think they can make a mockery of this horrible and tragic event.

It was a horrible thing...

Buoysel
September 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Amen to that.
Seriously. This thread was not initially a debate thread, it's to remember the lives that were lost from the people in the planes, the towers, and the heroes and firefighters who fought the flames.

Some of these responses are just sick...

Posts like this are sick: all your doing is spamming, we all ready know what the day is for, we don't need a reminder.

Moving on:

People may die every day, but 2,975 people do not die every day at the same time for the same reason. 2,975. Imagine two good sized high schools with all of their students inside being wiped off the face of the Earth, that's about how many people we lost over the span of minutes. 9/11 was an example of how truly dangerous and deadly religious fanaticism can be. To forget it would be a terrible mistake.

Approximately 155,000 people die every day. That's 107 people every minute, or six thousand an hour. It took over an hour for the towers to collapse, and not everyone died instantly. Some were buried under rubble for days before they finally succumbed to their injuries or dehydration. Whats makes this day "tragic", is the fact that nearly three thousand civilizes died as the result of an attack.

Source (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_die_a_day)

Indeed it's very sad that Americans think they can make a mockery of this horrible and tragic event.

It was a horrible thing...

I don't think anyone is mocking the fact that it happened. People are mocking different therorys of how it happened. Everyone is intitled to their own theroy, and you should not flame them for it.

the bitter end.
September 11th, 2008, 06:11 PM
What? no I'm saying in response to the title page, I actually haven't read any other posts, sorry if anyone took offense.

Zet
September 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
some people have misunderstood what I meant, but considering it's hard for me to type what I meant, I ain't gonna bother typing it. Sure family tributes are something but what I'm getting at is different to those sorts of tributes
plus my friend died when I was in year 9

it's called war, how many people die from war? oh thats right more than that small number

Amachi
September 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Posts like this are sick: all your doing is spamming, we all ready know what the day is for, we don't need a reminder.
Your concern is appreciated, but you're not a staff member, so telling people off isn't your job.

SamuraiMaster
September 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
*sigh*...I believe the memorial part of tis thread has died...

revelp8
September 11th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I remember, certainly. back in my first year of high school, on the way to school on a bus, and then in homeroom we caught the news. it was horrifying.

My condolences to all who have lost a family member or a friend.

I just hope something of that scale of terror does not happen to anyone else, regardless of location.

and god bless those heroes who fought back, who tried to save another life's while risking their own.

txteclipse
September 11th, 2008, 10:14 PM
My dad was driving me to school when he told me what was happening. I noticed that he was very distraught: I had never seen him like that before. It was scary.

I was kind of blind to war and hatred and violence before that point. I knew what war was, but I never really processed the word until we were actually in one. That day opened my eyes to the ugly side of the world, I think.

It's sad how the absolute horror that was 9/11 has been downplayed these days, its importance bogged down by baseless conspiracy theories and the decay of time. People were murdered that day. There was screaming, there was bloodshed, and there was terror. There were people jumping out of windows and smashing against the street. There were people trapped and burning in the towers. There were people crushed to death under the thousand-ton buildings as they collapsed. It wasn't a movie. It wasn't a t.v. show, where conspiracies are unexpected and thrilling and count for better ratings. It was a real attack on United States citizens by terrorists. And it was a tragedy of the highest degree: an act of hatred against mankind, by mankind.

Melody
September 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I remember that day....I was in 8th Grade.
It was a clear September day, and as usual I was staring longingly at the classroom window and the sunlight when the P.A crackled to life and informed all teachers to turn on their T.V. sets (Yes, there was a T.V. in every classroom).
I remember glancing at the T.V. casually wondering what the school wanted us to see. What I saw shocked me. As I watched the news report and realized what happened, a part of me died inside knowing what had happened. Around me, some of the other students were taking the news in different ways, some indifferent, others very angry or in the case of one female classmate, crying her eyes out because her father was in NY at the time. (later we found out he was ok.)
I reflected silently all the rest of that day. Anger stirred deep within me and I wondered how someone could have the guts do such things. As the days went by...I learned more about what was going on and what had happened. I felt sorry for the people who lost their loved ones in the attack. Deep down I knew that 9/11/01 would be another date Americans would never forget. I was awed that such a historical event happened but was sad that the event was tragic.

To this day, I don't know how anyone could actually do something like that and think they'd be admitted into any form of heaven.
Ah well. I guess that it goes to show you that anyone can be tricked into doing evil deeds.

I'm sure that God will sort them all out eventually....

AK87
September 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
hm... I remember this like today... 9/11 I has back from school at 4 PM (Moscow time zone) and turn on TV... I remember I felt irrational fear and body shiver... I was scared. But, when proofs of Ben Laden's case was published (about his money support in conflict in Afganistan in 1980's, when was killed so many soviet soliders) I begun thinks that 9/11 is proportional answer to this, like Perl Harbor attack after stops of oil transfer to Japan...

P.S. Not shure, but it still look like bonus to start war in Afganistan, like blow houses in moscow in 1999 for begun start second war in Chechnya and support Putin's way in policy

Avey
September 13th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Wow, you reported me? Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Oh right, I guess you're getting influenced by your corrupted government already~

I have to admit that I laughed while reading that post.

Regarding 9/11, I really don't remember that much or what age I was. It was a half-day in my school so we all went home early and I was playing in my estate with my friend and my mom called us in to watch the news. I was around six or seven, I think, and I got to see the second plane crash into the second building a couple of minutes later. I'm not going to lie and say that I felt really sad at the thought of everyone dying; in truth, I felt pretty indifferent. Nowadays, I truly feel for the people who were harmed in any way regarding 9/11, but back then I was young and I really didn't have a clue what was going on. My uncle was presumed dead that day as he had some business around the area of the twin towers and thanks to the phone lines being down, but he was found to be safe and well.

If anyone starts telling me I'm heartless because of this post, you can expect to be ignored. I was young and immature and all of you shall deal with it.

Amachi
September 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I have to admit that I laughed while reading that post.

Regarding 9/11, I really don't remember that much or what age I was. It was a half-day in my school so we all went home early and I was playing in my estate with my friend and my mom called us in to watch the news. I was around six or seven, I think, and I got to see the second plane crash into the second building a couple of minutes later. I'm not going to lie and say that I felt really sad at the thought of everyone dying; in truth, I felt pretty indifferent. Nowadays, I truly feel for the people who were harmed in any way regarding 9/11, but back then I was young and I really didn't have a clue what was going on. My uncle was presumed dead that day as he had some business around the area of the twin towers and thanks to the phone lines being down, but he was found to be safe and well.

If anyone starts telling me I'm heartless because of this post, you can expect to be ignored. I was young and immature and all of you shall deal with it.
I was just as immature as you were. I was actually angry since all the channels in the morning were showing the news rather than cartoons, haha.

Noah Ridgewood
September 13th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I remember what I was doing that day too. Strangely enough.

It was class. I was sitting down and listening to my 4th grade teacher lecture about some history (which is strange how we had a history lesson while this occurred) and a secretary came and called my teacher over, giving her a piece of paper that I am assuming had details about what happened. A few minutes later, she came back in crying and had to leave for the day because she was so emotional. Well, we only had about an hour and a half left of school (seeing how it became a half day due to this).

I distincting remember having the fear in my head of us being under attack by them again. Only, this time, they'd be sending soldiers or something in on us and they'd be raiding the towns or something and killing innocent people.

What some people aren't seeing as that it effects not just us, but the whole world seeing how it made effects on other countries as well, opening the eyes to the strong evil some people have in them.

We had a moment of silence in third period of school [this year]. What had happened was I was in the hallway doing a Lab with my group and then the principle had came on and asked for a moment of silence that was literally a moment (well, 10 seconds to be exact). I was extremely mad about that and that anger lasted all the way to my first post (which is why I said what I did at the very beginning of the post). With that said, no one was really taking the moment seriously which got me even more pissed off at it. But I guess their is nothing I can really do to change how people feel. Immature is what they all are, though.

It took severel years for me to understand how big impact 9/11 was to USA and how serious consequences it would have.

I'm the same way. Over the years I've grown more mature and more patriotic, if I do say so myself and then realized that there was more to life than playing video games and riding bikes (since I was a forth grader back then, I didn't have much I could do).