PDA

View Full Version : The 'I cried during a Pokemon MD game' club

Saturn
September 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I was wondering who else cried during the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. Don't feel ashamed if you did! Though I only have Time...
I was crying non-stop from the time grovyle started talking about disappearing to the little segment after the credits.

Zathura
September 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I didn't, it was too sappy for me, even though I played it. :/

The Abyss
September 11th, 2008, 01:44 AM
I did when I died in the first one then i reminisced about my loved, awesome, irreplacable friend.

ThunderThylacine
September 11th, 2008, 02:17 AM
MD 2 was the first Pokemon game to really irritate me. I love an epic story as much as the next RPG gamer, but goddam that game was one long drivel! Ok, the story wasn't too bad, and yes it might have tugged at my heartstings a bit, but for ONE thing... the FLASHBACKS!!! I got SO angry having to watch the SAME thing over and over and OVER again! I was ready to throw my DS out the window. For the love of God Nintendo! I just want to play the game! Stop showing me the same freakin' sequence I just watched 2 minutes ago!!

...rant over.

An-chan
September 13th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Yeah, the flashbacks annoyed me too, but they might've been useful if I had quitted playing after seeing those dreams and started again, say, the next day. But a simple "do you remember your dream? yes/no"-banner could not have been THAT hard to make...

But, well, I'll report about that crying thing later on, when I finally get the courage to play the game trough. I have a bad habit of crying in every game if it happens to have something even remotely emotional in it... I get so damn attached to my characters!

Destiny Hope
September 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I have to admit, I did cry when my character disappeared at Temporal Tower and when my partner was on the beach and I was watching all those memories of our friendship... The music only added to the sadness, but it was beautiful all the same.

Pietacular
September 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Agreed. That made me die a little inside. Then that part of me was resurrected once I cam back. Thanks Dialga!

Archer
September 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
The dialogue is far too corny to take seriously. Actually, I was reduced to laughter at several points, due to this.

dragontrainergirl
September 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM
when i played MD2 I cried lol! the only game to ever make me cry!! O_0.....

Scarlet Weather
September 18th, 2008, 02:11 AM
when i played MD2 I cried lol! the only game to ever make me cry!! O_0.....

If MD2 made you cry, I don't want to see what'll happen if you play The World Ends With You though to the end. 0.o

.:Kanto:.
September 18th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Tonight, I shall find out if this is sad. I've only ever cried at one episode of pokemon.....Lets never speak of this again.

burningfoot
September 18th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I didn't cry but I did feel sorry for some characters and I did feel a bit upset at two points.

Explanation: I felt sorry for myself because I had somestupid irritating Chimchar following me and sometimes I thought the Chimchar might fancy me which was really creepy. I felt upset when I found out that two of the coolest characters in the whole game left and had no possible way of returning. I was also upset that Dialga brought me back, I wanted to see the Chimchar suffer and starve himself.

Led Zeppelin Pwn
September 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Im close to breaking down and crying in it... lol,
the story is addicting.
the only time I cried at somethin pokemon related was the first movie...

SherlockHolmeboy
September 24th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Man, PMD2 is really bad for making me cry at its ending. When Grovyle disappeared, I tried really hard to contain myself, but after Temporal Tower, I just lost it. :(

Cynic Kaka
September 24th, 2008, 03:30 AM
O_O Noone mentioned Chatot's Sacrifice?!

YOU'RE ALL MEAN!

>_>

Xenart
September 24th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I felt like crying in the first one. But I held my tears in the end. For the second one, I expected the same thing so I did not cry.

Pachireecko
September 24th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Well the 2 pmd games nearly made me cry but I held it in.

kissing. raindrops
September 25th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I have to admit, I did cry when my character disappeared at Temporal Tower and when my partner was on the beach and I was watching all those memories of our friendship... The music only added to the sadness, but it was beautiful all the same.
Exactly.... I cried in the exact same parts. Oh jesus lord?!

September 25th, 2008, 09:37 PM
This topic just makes me want to finish the game more...*Gets out Nintendo DS and puts in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team in* LETS DO THIS!

aaronburnsyou
September 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I almost cried of laughter when I had the chance to say, "bok bok bok," to my partner Torchic! (If that counts)

But I think some of the music made me cry more than anything (more so in the first PMD game, when you were fugitives).

Skaterzpenguin
September 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I never cried over video games, but I may feel a little sadness in me like "oh know", or "poor thing". ;]

Catsupper
September 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Well i felt sad inside of me i was crying but outside oof me i was just frowning lol

Pietacular
September 30th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Squirtle;3948394']Tonight, I shall find out if this is sad. I've only ever cried at one episode of pokemon.....Lets never speak of this again.
I'll bet that was the episode where Ash abandoned Pikachu. My sister cried at that one.

And ArcticGlaceon, nobody mentioned Chatot because Chatot wasn't one of the emotionally tied characters.

September 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
What I said in my last post, The episode I nearly cried was when Ash gave away his Squirtle and it had those flashbacks. Sad moment.

Abenti
September 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I definitely had tears flowing during certain points in PMD2... don't remember for PMD1 though... it's been a while and several other games in between.

Cynic Kaka
October 1st, 2008, 07:11 AM
I almost cried of laughter when I had the chance to say, "bok bok bok," to my partner Torchic! (If that counts)

But I think some of the music made me cry more than anything (more so in the first PMD game, when you were fugitives).

I almost cried of laughter when Zubat called my Torchic and Piplup chickens.

Spirit Ruler
October 1st, 2008, 07:21 AM
I cried at the end when Grovyle disappeared, then you disappeared, then at the flashbacks on the beach :'(. So emotional...Then I stopped when Dialga brought my charecter back to life. Does anyone know how you're charecter was still around in PMD1? 'Cos I thought at the end you're charecter goes back to Earth.

Cynic Kaka
October 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'll bet that was the episode where Ash abandoned Pikachu. My sister cried at that one.

And ArcticGlaceon, nobody mentioned Chatot because Chatot wasn't one of the emotionally tied characters.

>_>

He sacrificed his life to save you and your annoying partner, because you were his prized recruits.

Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!
October 1st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Squirtle;3990048']What I said in my last post, The episode I nearly cried was when Ash gave away his Squirtle and it had those flashbacks. Sad moment.

I felt that way when I watched the one when James has to leave Chimecho-especially in Japanese.

I cried inside when Grovyle left, but the thing that really struck me emotionally is that at the end, the partner is crying his eyes out after the player dies, but he has to move on.

MD isn't that sad though, because you apparently were some Buddhist monk or something, because you lose your memory to cleanse your heart and soul. Why go back to something if you don't remember if it was GOOD or not?

Soul D3w
October 1st, 2008, 10:58 PM
I too am one of the many who cried when you dissapear in MD2.

Dukey
October 27th, 2008, 10:13 PM
d, but I was holding back the tears in PMD2 when I died and came back to life

Fim
November 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
I was sad at Temporal Tower, because of the sad sequence of events. I felt like crying, but I didn't.

Kid nino
November 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
I have been known around my friends for being the guy who will not cry at anything. Pain like a broken bone yes. But emotional. Never. No movie is to sad to make me cry. Yet, I played MD2 I was on the border. It's like your fighting it. My brother walked in when my partner was walking away when I went away and he just sat there seeing if I was going to cry. :D I didn't thank goodness.

Sarcastic Prince
November 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Duh, MD made you cry?

Let see what happens if you play The World Ends

with you. It stings you a lot.

P.S I never cry in any entertainment game.

Especially Nintendo Typed.

I wanna know why you guys cry.

My feelings are like, nothing, I don't have a single tear when I play MD.

The Magus
November 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I have a bad habit of crying in every game if it happens to have something even remotely emotional in it... I get so attached to my characters!
same here... My friend and I both got close to tears near the end of the mystery dungeons.

@ Rentorar: nobody cried because HE WASN'T DEAD! he was taken into extensive care. he survived! geez...

ManaphyLv100
November 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I cried the second time I played it through, when Grovyle vanished... The music was a big catalyst in that. Poor Grovyle...

SegaSaturnGal
November 25th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I cried at the end of Pokemon MD: Blue Rescue Team. Seeing my character go back to his world then coming back brought tears to my eyes.

Peanutz
December 1st, 2008, 11:29 AM
I cried during the end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, The mood was just so emotional.

TIC TAC
December 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
In MD blue version, I cried when my Treecko went up, I never thought I'd come back lol.

Kokuo
December 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
I rarely cry, but I almost did at the end of Explorers of Time.

nofxdino13
December 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I would give MD2 a damn 3 out of 10 for these 3 reasons. One, I hated the damn flashbacks. They made me want to cut my brother's head off and watch his digestive system work instead(I think it would be more entertaining). Two, the ending was freaking sad, and it was as someone let the ocean inside. Three, the characters were PITIFUL! I got too attached to them and really(I really did this) dropped my DS from a 20-foot high slide. Overall, it was as much fun as watching paint dry, getting kicked in the crotch, an peeling onions.

Stronkadonk
December 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I didn't cry but I was sad as hell when Grovyle sacrificed itself to save everything

_cynthia_
December 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM
who knows if grovyle died.
you and your partner were both revived in the end , right?
so maybe grovyle was revived too.

waveguidebuizel
December 11th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm usually unfazed (mostly) by emotional things. But in MD Red, tears were welling and dripping down. In Darkness, I almost cried, but I think I didn't because I was kind of expecting it.

Tilly08
December 14th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I have to say, If you dont start at the beginning, or go through the whole game, you can`t get emotional.

kingofjokers
January 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
lets just say i was just about to then i realized it was just a game.......then i cried some more

PokemonMichael
January 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM
i cried at the end bit at temporal tower

WiiGamin
January 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I cried on both endings. MD is the only game that made me cry. (And I've played, what, over 800 different games by now...?)

PMD is the best Pokemon game series ever.

Nnoitra Jiruga
January 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
MD 2 was the first Pokemon game to really irritate me. I love an epic story as much as the next RPG gamer, but goddam that game was one long drivel! Ok, the story wasn't too bad, and yes it might have tugged at my heartstings a bit, but for ONE thing... the FLASHBACKS!!! I got SO angry having to watch the SAME thing over and over and OVER again! I was ready to throw my DS out the window. For the love of God Nintendo! I just want to play the game! Stop showing me the same freakin' sequence I just watched 2 minutes ago!!

...rant over.
xDDD
Lol. I agree. xD These flashbacks srsly need to stop. The same one over and over again. D:
Anywaiz, PMD is a good game. xD Unfortunately, I only like the antonigists.(villians) o-o Such as Dusknoir and Skuntank. xDD And Grovyle. .A.

darkmewham2
January 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I cried when Charmander became an orb of light... and the second time I played the game through... But when I finished MD2 I didn't cry at all. xD (I almost cried when Manaphy went away, though.)

Feuer
January 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I cried when my R4 containing my MD got forgotten in my pants and washed with lots of Omo. xD. Anyways, it wasn't the sort of game where you feel like crying (unless you just cry).

Mario The World Champion
January 28th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I believe I did a blog entry about this a while ago.

I mean, that game had such a sad ending. Sure, everything was all happy when your character came back to life, but it's when your character disappears as your partner is pleading for you to stay. I actually cried for the first time in years when I saw the ending! I'm 27 years old and I'm crying over a character in a video game! That's how powerful that game can be!!

jacobpurificacion
January 29th, 2009, 05:21 PM
the ending was very sad but i held my tears in and ON WITH THE ADVENTURES
i restarted my game because the story is so AWESOME.............the distortion of space,the world's ruin,AWESOME!!