PDA

View Full Version : So I found a copy of Pokemon Snap :o

.:Kanto:.
September 10th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Well. Today I went to the shops. I went to go check out a new gaming store. I looked around in it and I was shocked to find a retro isle. It had NES,SNES,Sega and N64

I found a copy of Pokémon Snap and bought it instantly. I was shocked to find a copy of Pokémon Snap in a brand new store. *I also picked up a Rumble Pak*

So I was wondering if i should know any special tips or anything about Pokémon Snap.

Swift!
September 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Throwing Pester Balls at some Pokemon make them do things. =D
I remember when I nearly finished Pokemon Snap... I needed one more Pokemon and I had no idea what it was.
Then I took some pictures of a Grimer and found a Muk, I was so happy... =D

ThunderThylacine
September 10th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Wow, old game. I barely remember it, but I played it to death back in the day. I remember you had to photograph some landscapes etc with hidden Pokemon shapes, like in the river level there was a mountain that looked like Dugtrio. And in the cave level there was a constellation you had to photograph to unlock something... Sorry that's not much help.
It might not be a Pokemon game as we know it, but there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

*Shiny Umbreon*
September 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
yea how you had too capture the land that looked like pokemon like mewtwo in the cave i also took a photo of gyrados and dragonite XD

Raibutai
September 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, awesome game. I remember that there were some landscapes that showed up as ? in the album. You need items to do things to those areas. That doesn't help much, does it?

Tanooki
September 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Haha, lucky. =P

I'm in the process of ordering an N64 off of Amazon. Yeah, I'm into nostalgia and the whole bit, so I'm buying one again. The first few games I planned on buying with it were Zelda: OoT and Majora's Mask, and the first and second Pokemon Stadium, but now after being reminded of it, Pokemon Snap will be on my list too.

I don't really have any tips, since I haven't played it in so long. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it again. xD

Powers
September 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Good game but.. too small, too easy..

Guillermo
September 19th, 2008, 06:03 PM
If you need tips look them up on Google or something, I have never played Pokemon Snap before since I never really liked the look of it. I hope you enjoy it.

Barney.
September 20th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I've completed pokemon snap, Small tip, some things in certain stages open doors to new places E.g throwing an apple/pester balll at the electrode near the pile of rocks in the tunnel level.

Also this gamestore sounds great! what's it called?

September 20th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Tis called Gametraders, They sell: N64, NES, SNES, Dreamcast, Genesis and PS1. *Oh and not to forget the modern consoles ^^*

Barney.
September 20th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Cool...But look on the website its only australia not UK :(

Ah well.

Anyway how far are you into poke snap?

*EDIT*

Happy birthday ;)

.Iramet
September 20th, 2008, 08:41 AM
OMG!!!I just remembered I still have that game!~busts open the nintendo 64~
My favorite level was the volcanic one were you can throw some apples to get all the little charmanders to come then you use the pokeflute to make them dance.
so Apples=charmanders=pokeflute=beautiful picture

thorn96
September 29th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I remember this game! It's old. I almost beat it, but I couldn't find a way to hatch
an egg on the second level... I think it was Zapdos... how do you do that?!?

Buono!
September 29th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I remember this game! It's old. I almost beat it, but I couldn't find a way to hatch
an egg on the second level... I think it was Zapdos... how do you do that?!?

Ain't it something to do with the Pikachus in there? I think you play the pokeflute to get them near the egg, then hit them with food or something, they'll shock the egg and it will hatch. Atleast, thats what I remember doing, but I could be wrong.

Red1530
September 29th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Ain't it something to do with the Pikachus in there? I think you play the pokeflute to get them near the egg, then hit them with food or something, they'll shock the egg and it will hatch. Atleast, thats what I remember doing, but I could be wrong.You have the wrong order. You first use food to move Pikachu near the egg. Then you use the Pokéflute to get Pikachu to use thudershock on the egg.

billionbucks25
October 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I just got this game on Virtual console..it rocks

IcyByte
October 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Epic win? Or Epic Failure?

Personally, I think It's a really awesome concept.. It's fun, and it's different than the other games, but the one problem with it is that it's so short.. When I got it for Christmas at like age 7, I had it beat before lunch, lol..

Infamous Amos
October 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Personally, I think It's a really awesome concept.. It's fun, and it's different than the other games, but the one problem with it is that it's so short.. When I got it for Christmas at like age 7, I had it beat before lunch, lol..

I think it is awesome :)

A DS or Wii version Would be cool.

October 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm still waiting for a remake...It would be so great..

Bleuhorn
October 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
This game was incredibly fun! I remember getting it for my 10th birthday and taking my cartridge thingy to blockbuster to print stuff. :[ I'm sad now, in some nostalgic way.

Sigh... How breath-taking it would be to see a completely new game, with new things, with a newly created male/female photographers to choose from (Created Mii optional?) it would be such a hit. The controls for the Wii would make this a really fun game, no doubt.

Ravecat
October 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM

Ah, but I'm sure you didn't get all the pictures, and that was the main aim of the game; not just breezing through all the stages.

I love this game, and while I'd love a remake, I don't think they'd capture the smae "feel" of the odl one, it would try to be too "next-gen" and high tech.

Red1530
October 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I think that Pokémon Snap is among the best games in the Pokémon series. It broke from the normal mold of Pokémon games and allowed you to explore your artistic side.

IcyByte
October 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ah, but I'm sure you didn't get all the pictures, and that was the main aim of the game; not just breezing through all the stages.

I love this game, and while I'd love a remake, I don't think they'd capture the smae "feel" of the odl one, it would try to be too "next-gen" and high tech.

The only photos I still don't have are Muk and.. Muk. Lol,I think there's another one.. Not sure.

Zenoah
October 7th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Pesterball a grimer 3 times for it to become Muk.

I loved this game. I could remeber being up until 4am trying to get all the photos. And the stage with Mew I loved! I took pics of the constelations all the time. I loved taking pics of the landmarks as well. The Kingler rock and the Koffing volcano smoke.
Also, pestering the Charizard so it breathed fire was fun...and getting an Arcanine to pop out of the lava!
....I want this game and cosole back now....

Skaterzpenguin
October 8th, 2008, 03:41 AM
I bought the game with my wii points... And I beat pkmn snap in like 3-4 hours. lol the game is fun, so I say its an epic win! ^_^

Cherrim
October 8th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Snap is my favourite spin-off game. Period. It was so much fun as a kid and it's retained that fun factor as I've grown back. I replay it about once a year. :'D I would LOVE to see a remake on the Wii. I think there's so much potential so I can barely believe they haven't done one already, or that they put their money into crap like Pokémon Channel on the GCN instead of a Snap sequel. D:

But yeah, another Snap game with all the Pokémon (or most, at least) and longer gameplay would be amazing.

Beating the game entirely--so getting all the stages and taking a picture of every Pokémon only takes a few hours. D:

Charliezard
October 10th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Epic win, downloaded it the other day on my wii. I fail so hard at this game though, got like 5 pokemon I need for my report ._. :P Dugtrio is all I know :O Ahhh well, that's the fun of it :D

Sexycheese
October 10th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Im still stuck in the vaklly as I cant get the switch >.<!

Charliezard
October 10th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Im still stuck in the vaklly as I cant get the switch >.<!

You can't or you don't know how?
Either way...that's the fun of it so gl :D

Zenoah
October 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hold up! You can get it on the Wii?
I have to go see if I can download it then! Hope it's not too much points. I think I have 1000 left after getting Ranch.

TTH
October 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Epic win! I remember being so damn excited when I got to mew! I felt like such a special person. And when I at last got Slowpoke to turn into Slowbro I was so relieved to have gotten them all :)

Ah...memories.

lugialief14
October 10th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I loved this game, and it cheated on me with all of you.... *sniff*

Lolo-chan
October 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I used to adore Pokemon Snap even though I beat it like 400 times x.x

lugialief14
October 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Oh, heres a hint on the level with Charizard. Throw pester balls at him until he blows fire, then take the picture. More points.

ExtremeDarkness
October 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM
i dont think that pokemon snap was very good.

spike6958
October 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Good game back when it first came out, but i downloaded it on Wii VC when it came out and finished it in a day, and not touched it since, i was a good game but i dont think it's aged too well, still i would love to see a new one for the Wii with all 496 Pokemon.

CHG-Swampert
October 13th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Isnt PS that horrible game with only picture taking and really no point at all?

Donnie
October 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
no its that awesome game with only picture taking and really no point at all

Miyukii
October 17th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Pokemon Snap? I heard about this game on the Wii Shop channel. I suppose it's a teeny bit like 'My Pokemon Ranch' but then again, you can't upload them. Anyway, it's only taking pictures, but I heard you can get it off the Wii Shop channel and you can send the photos to Wii friends. It will improve, but until then, I'm waiting for the right moment.

mystletainn
October 18th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Merged these two threads together as one was created right after the other and both covered the same topic.

shiniyoyo4000
October 18th, 2008, 06:40 AM
can't remember

Got that game yaers ago and sold it for 40

(can u believe they screwed up Shoddy??)

Red1530
October 19th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Pokemon Snap? I heard about this game on the Wii Shop channel. I suppose it's a teeny bit like 'My Pokemon Ranch' but then again, you can't upload them. Anyway, it's only taking pictures, but I heard you can get it off the Wii Shop channel and you can send the photos to Wii friends. It will improve, but until then, I'm waiting for the right moment.The two games are completly different. My Pokémon Ranch is a fourth generation version of Pokémon Box. Pokémon Snap however allows you to take pictures of select Pokémon from the first generation.