PDA

View Full Version : The Homework Thread [V.2.]

Avey
September 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Yep, September has come around and most of the forumites here have gone back to school, so I'm remaking this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125127).

Before anyone asks, this thread is basically for asking questions, ranting and chatting about homework. Yeah, I suppose it does have a pretty blunt purpose. Anyways, before someone comes in here and kills the thread with some sort of higher level maths question no one feels like answering, I want to ask two questions regarding homework:

1). Do you enjoy doing homework, do you loathe it or are you somewhere in between?

2). Do you actually get homework and if so, how much would you get after an average day of school?

flight
September 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
1) Sometimes. At least it keeps me from being bored.
2) I don't get that much homework a week, so everything's pretty lax so far.

Memory
September 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
The only days that I DON'T get homework are Wednesday and Friday - my school has a new rule that no homework can be assigned on those days.

My science teacher is a real asldfkj this year though, she gives us homework like every night. And of course math too...

...I also missed two days of school. Lotsa make-up work to do. Ugh.

flight
September 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Make-up work is very strict here. If you miss a day of school, that could put you in some mad risks. D:

Saryka
September 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
1). Do you enjoy doing homework, do you loathe it or are you somewhere in between?
Meh. I'm alright with it. They're all classes I enjoy, save for English, so I don't really mind doing the homework. Besides, I'm trying this year to actually get my homework done, and so far it's going pretty well.

2). Do you actually get homework and if so, how much would you get after an average day of school?
I've actually never gotten that much homework at a time. XD; Why, even tonight, out of my four classes, only one of them actually assigned homework. Last year, I got next to none, and the year before I didn't get too much either. Elementary school, I got... almost nothing (mind you, I was a horrible student then and didn't get the little bit of homework we did get done. :x).

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
somewhere between NO and sometimes.
sometime Homework sounds so much fun, like a project or whatever,\
or a problem. But overall, I think Homework should be illegal :x

---

Well, this year, i've noticed something about my homework.
it's become more focused on quantity, than quality.

let me elaborate.
When I first saw the amout I was like... WTF.

then I do it, in like... 5 minutes done.
er...

hopefully it STAYS this way through the year ^^

MyLittleShop
September 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM

Somewhere in between.

I get an average of 3 hours a homework a day and 6 hours on weekends. Private school >.<

Motsuko Live
September 12th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Ugh, I hate homework. I find it's such a complete waste of time. I mean, sure, if you don't understand the lesson or are failing horribly, then you should be doing your homework. But if you understand everything that's going on, then why do it? I mean, you don't get marked on it anyway (unless it's a presentation or something of that sort).

But being able to understand most things I'm taught - not necessarily 'cause I'm smart, but just because I pay attention - I've never seen the purpose in it.

Contrary to my feelings about it, I actually get a lot of homework a day. About two hours everynight (though I might just be a slow worker). :D

Archer
September 12th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I guess Assignments/Projects don't count?
Well we're almost at the end of the 3rd Term, so exams are approaching. That means some teachers cut back on the Homework and some use it to cover what they forgot to teach through the year.

I dislike most homework, depending on the subject. French homework is usually fun enough as is IT, but the rest irritates me. Unless I know the teacher will check, I don't do it.

Usually what I don't finish, which depends greatly on my mood during the day. About an hour.

I tend to do well in class, regardless. I know it won't work next year (yr11), but I usually wing exams...

Vie
September 12th, 2008, 04:21 AM
1) I actually hate it, but its necessary -.-'
2) I get lots of homework...now that Im in grade eleven. Theres not enough space in my homeworkbook to note it down. horrible. A year ago homework took me 2 hours a week, now its 3 hours a day... ;_;

Tater Tot
September 12th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I like homework when there's not too much of it. When people pile crap on my face I'm not a happy Tater tot.

Right now, I'm not getting that much at all. I sure do hope it stays that way.

the bitter end.
September 12th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Yep, September has come around and most of the forumites here have gone back to school, so I'm remaking this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125127).

Before anyone asks, this thread is basically for asking questions, ranting and chatting about homework. Yeah, I suppose it does have a pretty blunt purpose. Anyways, before someone comes in here and kills the thread with some sort of higher level maths question no one feels like answering, I want to ask two questions regarding homework:

Well technically it's all homework for me, 'cause I'm homeschooled.

ErickaVolt
September 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM

1. I find some homework enjoying especially interesting lessons.
2. I get 3-9 homeworks everyday. Some are boring, but I want to finish it in no time, then I can sit back in my computer! :3

popsicles.
September 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'm okay with it. I mean, I don't reallyreally like doing it, but when something has to be done, I prefer doing it right away.
Otherwise I just forget it and get my teachers mad xD I also like doing projects more then doing just .. Regular homework. :3

I get homework for every course I have once in a week.
Which can be a lot, unless you organise a little bit, stuff some work somewhere in a study hour or make it on the bus. But yeah, I get a lot of homework :<

fade101
September 12th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I think Homework should be illegal :xIllegal? i prefer the term banned XD

So do i enjoy homework?
Hell no! they made us do work in class, and now they want us to do extra work?? I just dont get these teachers... Procrastination is always my obstacle... i prefer doing mah homework last minute coz im not wasting mah precious time doing somethin that i've done before D:

Do i actually get homework?
Uhh... yeah...
I get them pretty much everyday, especially for maths... my teacher gives double work, dangit...

Cherrim
September 12th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Hate it. Though I prefer assignments over exams. ;_;'

In high school I would only do the homework that was actually going to be looked at. So I wouldn't do any math homework or anything. I'd usually do art homework in class (probably the class before it XD) and I'd do French only because that department was rather anal about checking homework.

In university I get two math assignments every week along with a computer science one. They take a minumum of 8 hours each. ;_; I did all of them first term but second term I sporadically did questions from them. D: It's all on top of my other classes' work, too, so ick. I do try to at least read over and do a rough copy at least for everything, even if I don't hand something in that's perfect.

Alakazam17
September 12th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I get homework, but I rarely finish it. I just do it until I know the material. Anything after that is just boring repetition.

Though some classes I had back in high school forced us to do homework. I couldn't stand it....It is much better nowadays when I can only do that which makes me learn. =D

EDIT: My definition of homework is "work assigned that is not to be graded." If it were to be graded, of course I;d do it, and do it as well as I can. And I get a tonne of it in university. For instance, I have 8 programming assignments between now and the American Thanksgiving.

LethalTexture
September 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Meh. If it's gonna be done it's gotta be done, although I don't like doing it.

Since I'm only in the start of college (my induction only finished on Tuesday) we're not getting much, but I envisage that that will change pretty soon.

Volkner's Apprentice
September 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'm in my first year of college and since I'm at home for a year, I'm balancing work and school. It's tough because I had to schedule my classes for only Monday and Wednesdays so I can work two other days and still have time for a social life and homework time.

As for homework specifically, here's a warning: don't take night classes. O_o...3 hour class is tough to get through and then you have 9-12 hours of required study and workload. It can be strenuous.