PDA

View Full Version : PBR Mystery Gift pokes

Rich Boy Rob
September 12th, 2008, 07:14 AM
So I want a Surfing pikachu on my Diamond right? Well I want it to be special (even more than it is). So the number 8 is supposed to be lucky right? Well my idea was to get it on the 8/8/08 but sadly I didn't have PBR then, so I was wondering, is the pokemon's recieval date based on the wii's calender or the DS's? That way I can "forge" the date on it. So does any one know or should I just change both?

Forci Stikane
September 12th, 2008, 07:30 AM
It's based on the date of the DS that you pick it up on.

(Side note: since when is the number 8 lucky?)

Banjora Marxvile
September 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
8 is the lucky number of... China, isn't it? Or is it? Somewhere, at least.

Red1530
September 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
8 is the lucky number of... China, isn't it? Or is it? Somewhere, at least.Yes, your are correct. In China the number eight is considered lucky. Personally I think the date the Pokémon is received is determined by the server the Pokémon is stored.

Forci Stikane
September 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Personally I think the date the Pokémon is received is determined by the server the Pokémon is stored.

No, it is 100% absolutely, definitively certain that the date is determined by the date set on the DS. There is no uncertainty about it whatsoever.

Saltare.
September 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I thought it was Lucky 7? Either way, based on DS depending what time/day you pick it up on.

Zennerick
September 12th, 2008, 03:02 PM
It's based on the date of the DS that you pick it up on.

[S-HIGHLIGHT](Side note: since when is the number 8 lucky?)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

It's lucky in China. That is why the Olympics was held on 8/8/08 at 8:00P.m..
To the Chinese, The number 8 represents success, wealth, and prosper.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]I thought it was Lucky 7?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Either way, based on DS depending what time/day you pick it up on.

To us Americans it is lucky. However, in China, the number 7 symbolizes "togetherness".

Rich Boy Rob
September 13th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah I thought 7 was lucky too, until my mum told me 8 was :/
Plus I've seen that HSBC advert where the guy buys that number plate: 8 wwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy to many times
I may just get it on the 7/7/07 cause us Brits are more American than Chinese, or at least the Americans are more British.