PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Get For My Birthday?

fudgy
September 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
well i turned 14 on september 6
i was woundering what i should get for my birthday
i have a xbox, xbox60, gamecube, etc
i am getting into music (i have a ipod) but i am
becoming more musical
i do not want the new pokemon games/nor a nitendo ds
but i am not sure what to get.

btw i can spend up to 231 dollars

Saltare.
September 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Uh dude? It's your birthday, not ours. Just choose something you want that you dont have. That easy

Confuse
September 14th, 2008, 12:13 PM
If you like music, try getting an iTunes gift card(if you have iTunes).

Heck, get more than one. I'm just suggesting.

fudgy
September 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Uh dude? It's your birthday, not ours. Just choose something you want that you dont have. That easy

thats the thing, i dont know what i want,
i have alot of stuff :|
(blackberry curve, xbox, (2) xbox360, wii, gamecube, ps2,games for all system)
i have alot of stuff i dont even play :|

If you like music, try getting an iTunes gift card(if you have iTunes).

Heck, get more than one. I'm just suggesting.

eh i have a different way of getting my music.

Cherrim
September 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
If you're into music... I dunno, pick an instrument to learn and use the money to buy/rent it? Take lessons?

Alternatively, if you really can't think of anything just save the money up. That way you aren't buying something you don't really want. Then in the future, if there is something you want, you have money set aside for it. And worst case? You're saving up for university in a few years. :]

Cassino
September 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
LimeWire I see.

To be honest I don't think you should get anything. Knowing when to use one's assets is something well-advised.

Memory
September 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
If you're into music... I dunno, pick an instrument to learn and use the money to buy/rent it? Take lessons?

Alternatively, if you really can't think of anything just save the money up. That way you aren't buying something you don't really want. Then in the future, if there is something you want, you have money set aside for it. And worst case? You're saving up for university in a few years. :]

^ I agree. :D

or go get a pet. Pets are always fun. <3

fudgy
September 14th, 2008, 12:38 PM
^ I agree. :D

or go get a pet. Pets are always fun. <3

i have a hamster, bunny, and a doggy lol :p plus my mom wont let me get a cat :(

LimeWire I see.

To be honest I don't think you should get anything. Knowing when to use one's assets is something well-advised.

lol ya, i may save my money :P

i have a trumpet, and a piano, i know how to play trumpet perfectly and my sister can teach my how to play piano (already know the keys and some chords) so ya i just need a little revising :P but ya i will save probably.

Saltare.
September 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM

If you dont use a lot of stuff, give it to Goodwill or some type of charity or sell it

Team Magma Girl
September 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Get a Macbook. That's what I got for my last birthday<3.
:]

Since you're into music maybe a iPod if you don't already have one. The new itouch is $229.
Nevermind, didn't read good enough. You already have an ipod. Well if you want to new one there you go. ha.
Maybe nice speakers for your computer. With some bass. Play some loud music.

Midnight Beat
September 14th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Get a Macbook. That's what I got for my last birthday<3.
:]

A Mac book for $231? SHOW ME WHERE NAO PLZ!

....sorry, I couldn't resist.
xP

Anyway, if you can't make up your mind now, just hold on to the money for a while. You may find something that you want in the next few months.

ZakkiePwnz
September 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM
you should get pancakes.

:D

Zorua
September 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Just get something that you'll actually spend your time enjoying, something that you have passion for or something like that.

'Tis what I'd do, anyway.

devilicious
September 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Donate all that money to PC.

Or to me.

ZakkiePwnz
September 14th, 2008, 05:45 PM
i still say go with pancakes.

haha, well.
if you get a 360, get some good games, and live is a must.

Ullion
September 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I'd go with what most people say, PANCAKES save it up. Believe me you'
ll thank yourself for that later in life for when you want to go to a good University or College. Tis' what I am doing! Although I still have 20 bucks from my bday in August, I just can't find the CD I want. Futureshop sucks. =/

Gymnotide
September 14th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Buy a gun so you can intimidate people with it.

fade101
September 15th, 2008, 02:05 AM
rich kids... *sigh*

*cough* Uhhh, 231 bucks??
You can do a lotta stuff with that!
How bout you take yer friends out and hit the arcade or the movies??
Hang out with them, im sure you'll have a good time!
Its better than those ipods... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Wait... on second thought, get teh IPOD!!!

Charizard EX
September 15th, 2008, 02:15 AM
You are 14 and you still have 231$!? Weird, I got a PSP after begging and getting A+ in final examination. I so badly want a DS, You give one Xbox 360 to me. :D. Just kidding!.... but do you think it'll work.

ANYWAY, You should buy the new iPhone 3G. Or buy a guitar and a mike. how 'bout you give me the PS2, just kidding.....do you think it'll work. Naah. I want it anyway. You already have an iPod, piano, trumpet for music, what else would you want. Get a new iPod maybe.

Guillermo
September 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM
If you are into music. try buying a musical instrument. I would recommend an acoustic guitar because they are simple to learn. But it's your birthday not ours, so buy what you wish.

fade101
September 15th, 2008, 02:40 AM
If you are into music. try buying a musical instrument. I would recommend an acoustic guitar because they are simple to learn.Thats a great idea!
Yeah, you could get it like from ebay or something...
dude! GET TEH GUITAR!!

Jaimes
September 15th, 2008, 02:43 AM
No offence, but youre making yourself sound really spoiled.

Buy an educational book and donate the rest of the money to a better cause (e.g charity for lil starving kids in Africa) - there's no point in wasting it.

fudgy
September 15th, 2008, 04:06 AM
No offence, but youre making yourself sound really spoiled.

Buy an educational book and donate the rest of the money to a better cause (e.g charity for lil starving kids in Africa) - there's no point in wasting it.

well first i am not going to donate it to charity because we give away our unused clothing/toys to our local charity,and i think i might donate about 50$ for the animal shelter.

If you are into music. try buying a musical instrument. I would recommend an acoustic guitar because they are simple to learn. But it's your birthday not ours, so buy what you wish.

i really like to learn that :P but i am learning the piano first maybe ill buy one within the months.

Tater Tot
September 15th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Maybe... Buy an iPod Touch? Those are really fun. X3 They're handy to. Or an iPhone. Something from the Apple company. XD Nah. Just kidding. Do what you want with it. I'm saving up all my birthday money for a Laptop. : 3

Dusclord
September 15th, 2008, 06:53 AM
If you're not sure, buy nothing.

That's the one and only advice I can give you...

ShadowofTime01
September 15th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Give it to me so I can purchase a nice flat pannel tv when i get back to school... haha.

If you're getting into music, then that is a lot of money you can spend to find bands you like and music that defines who you are. I you really like music, I'd suggest spending some of that on a new record player and then go out and buy some classic albums and listen to it on Vinyl. Or if you want to get into newer music, buy and HD radio with itunes tagging and then discover new music that you like and then use the rest of your money to buy it off of iTunes. I know locally, I'd like to listen to an HD station that plays local music, which is even better than the regular station it's affiliated with.

But also, like Lightning said, saving it is alwas good. Although spending it on a musical instrument is also a valid idea.... seriosuly though, I could totally use the money, I'm not going to be able to survive without a tv down there... ;p

the bitter end.
September 16th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I suggest Spore, it's an awesome game, only problem is the DRM sucks, badly.

Darkrai Lv.1000
September 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
hey we have the same b-day!!! :D
well... it's ur b-day. just get sumthin u want that u don't have yet. i bought a cake for myself. bet u know what happened to it.

Eureka1
September 19th, 2008, 04:03 PM
How about you don't get anything? If you already have everything you want then there's no reason to force something upon yourself.

Do a ton of research and buy a ton of CDs perhaps. Then get some nice equipment and boom, music fan.

fudgy
September 19th, 2008, 05:15 PM
ya im gonna keep into music(saving all money, except about 25 dollars of it)
but first adopt/buy another bunny for my bunny outside, its so lonley!

wakachamo
September 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Make a sensible contribution to society.

pink-tiger
September 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I would aim for a camara!(actually i was saving that for christmas.But since my birthdays in december its all the same.^_^

Master Jecht
September 20th, 2008, 01:10 PM
go to taco bell and order 231 tacos!