PDA

View Full Version : Mods

Pages : [1] 2

doomsday_shadow
August 18th, 2004, 04:49 AM
How can we be a Mod? I want to be one, but I think i still have a long road to pass

aaaaaa
August 18th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Basically, you excel in all areas of being a member, and you might be singled out if the time comes for new staff.
Asking kinda deminishes your chances, though :\

John Denver
August 18th, 2004, 04:58 AM
The one way to be a mod is to NOT do what you just did...you should never plainly open a thread asking to be a mod...big no no

Pincushion
August 18th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Commong, most of us want to be a mod, but know not to ask, up front about it! You have to earn it, But good luck any how!

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM
To me it seems people dont really know it's more work to be a mod. You get a better PM box, but aside from that there is a lot of work you have to do. You uaslly have to move threads back and fourth depending on if it's in the right area or not. Then there is also if it's a duplicate topic or not, if it's spam, ect.. It's a lot more work being a mod or anything higher then people really think it is. People just think it's a position on the boards that gives you respect, ya but it also is a lot more responsiablity which most wanting to be mods dont have.

Kairi
August 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I have a better question, when will people realize the best rank is the one you join into? ^_^
Oh, and your question was in the FAQ you know.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Another thing, people dont read that stuff as much as they should. Rules, FAQ, other stuff that people should read tends to get ignoired by the new comers here.

Frostweaver
August 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM
I have a better question, when will people realize the best rank is the one you join into? ^_^
When they lose the best rank they have (most of the time that is true).

Why do people want to do work, and give up the "Member" title where you get to enjoy the others doing everything for you? It's like "Can I give up my role of being the master of the house and become a slave?"

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 08:58 AM
lol, thats becuse people dont really know what you have to do as a mod. When a person acutally finds out what it is, they tend not to want to do it.

Kairi
August 18th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Err, this needed to be moved. /me does so

Sayuri no Hoshi
August 18th, 2004, 09:10 AM
You know, Kairi's right, heh. ^_^; I'm obviously not putting down my position of being a mod; because, I do feel honored to be one. You just have to be patient--just make yourself be known as a worthy and helpful member and your time will come if an admin, or another higher rank of power, feels you can handle having a moderator position. Plus, mods only close threads and do other odd jobs. We don't have the real power, lol. XD

Midori Chi
August 18th, 2004, 09:27 AM
I'm a Mod at another site,Its not hard at all.I like being a Mod there.But I wouldnt want to be a Mod here.Like you said,its funner being the Member then a Mod.

Arcanine
August 18th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Here is how it goes, you get a larger PM box, and see the Mod forum (good and bad parts to that). I get PMs from new members asking "Can I be a Mod?" and they only have like 5 posts on the forums. You know they just want to be a Mod for the title or just to run around saying "Hey look I am a Mod" and as soon as they have to do work "Oh why don't you go to another Mod to do this". Everyone thinks being a Mod is all fun and games but it's hard work.

Trap-door how many members is on the forum you Mod? PC has four thousand members, by now it would have over five thousand if the Admins didn't clean out the old members that never posted. PC is large, lots of members to keep track of, and if you are a Mod of a forum that gets a lot of posts you will have your hands full.

Midori Chi
August 18th, 2004, 09:54 AM
I would have to say.Its over 2,000,I know that much.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 10:04 AM
See, thats what I'm saying. People just want the title, they really dont know that it is acutall work.

Castrainer
August 18th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Gotta think of... Being a mod isnt something important for ya, its important for others. Being a mod is HELPING not ABUSING!

Gardy
August 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM
blue i like your avvy. but ontopic being a mod is hard work take it from arcanine who is a prater (sp) which is way harder. u have to make tough descions. it may take 2 years untill u r a mod.

Castrainer
August 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
And...? Its not everyone who wants to be mod. I dont want, but if If someone ever ask if ya want to be a mod it would depend on which forum... And I dont care my position as long as I can have fun at PC ^_^

Arcanine
August 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
See, thats what I'm saying. People just want the title, they really dont know that it is acutall work.
Yea people like the title. I mean who other then Frosty (the Mod not skds) would turn down a Mod spot. But if I just gave some one that didn't work for that spot a Mod spot, most of the time they won't do that good as if some one who worked for and helped members to get there.
I mean if some one just gave you $100 bucks for nothing now you might just go off and blow it in no time. But if you worked real hard getting that same amount of money you might think about it before you spend it all in one place.
My point is a Mod spot don't come easy on PC, members will get Modded for what they do (if they help a lot of members report spam and all that stuff then it will help you're chances to be a Mod).

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Not two years, lets not go overboard. There are a few mods with less then six months and 1,000 post here. You just have to help people out and follow the rules.

Gardy
August 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
sry. 2 years i thought. XD ppl who don't deserve it want power and to be famous i know mods and ppl that r famous though they didn't want to be a mod/prater for that reason. u may have to help make things better on pc.

Arcanine
August 18th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Abby was Modded in a month from joining and Alyssa was Modded almost a year from joining. So the time differs (I was Modded 4 months from joining and made S-Mod in weeks from making Mod).

Castrainer
August 18th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Abby was Modded in a month from joining and Alyssa was Modded almost a year from joining. So the time differs (I was Modded 4 months from joining and made S-Mod in weeks from making Mod).

Woah! Thats Fast O__o
Humm... blue should be modded XD

Scyther
August 18th, 2004, 11:05 AM
lol i think so 2 hes been doing great work

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 11:07 AM
How the heck have I been doing good work? lol that was kinda a chep shot Cast. I'm not really doing anything diffrent am I ?

Castrainer
August 18th, 2004, 11:12 AM
How the heck have I been doing good work? lol that was kinda a chep shot CAst. I"m not really doing anything diffrent am I

But ya have good aknwolodge (sp?) XD
And ya is a senior member... If thats ever something needed XD

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Like we said, time really dosent matter one of the best mods ever at pc was only here a month before she got modded (Abby )

Timbjerr
August 18th, 2004, 12:24 PM
took me nine months since I initially joined to be modded, then it'll be at least 11 months since I was modded till I become an S-mod

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 12:27 PM
You joined just to be a mod? That's...not new surprisingly a lot of members do this on big boards just to gain power I guess. But hey you came out pretty good...little pathtic but hey it's all right with me lol.

Brittany
August 18th, 2004, 12:27 PM
took me nine months since I initially joined to be modded, then it'll be at least 11 months since I was modded till I become an S-mod
Nine months of bugging admin? XD jk.

oni flygon
August 18th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I was modded a few months ago and I was member of PC for two and a half years. That's how you wait to be a mod. XP

Just be good, be helpful, and try to stand out out of the crowd in a good way. Then, they mods will notice you... ^^

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Well it doesnt matter mod or not ^^ being part of PC is just also an honor! I mean its one of the best forums around so be glad your a part of it! i myself wouldnt mind being a mod but its not gonna happen ^^ i dont really deserve it as it is XD lol.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 12:57 PM
It's just allways going to be up to the higher's here. Just try to stand out by helping people whenever you think you can help them. If you dont think you can help them tell them a member that might be able to to. Oh ya, DONT be rude to any one of the members, share your opions but dont force it onto people.

Arcanine
August 18th, 2004, 01:05 PM
I was modded a few months ago and I was member of PC for two and a half years. That's how you wait to be a mod. XP

Just be good, be helpful, and try to stand out out of the crowd in a good way. Then, they mods will notice you... ^^
Well PC has not been around for 2 and a half years. XD

Deoxys55
August 18th, 2004, 01:05 PM
I'm not a mod or anything, so I'll just say what most people have said. Help out newbies, and even advanced members if they need help, don't try sucking up to a mod or admin to become one, and treat everyone equaly. And don't just try to become a mod for the power, actually do it with a meaning, like wanting to help in some way.

Sakura and Espeon
August 18th, 2004, 01:08 PM
No, being a moderator is much harder than you think it is. You have to check every topic to see if they comply to the rules and also you have to help members explain what they do wrong and stuff. It takes Patience to do this job and notice that we volunteer, so we don't get payed anything for doing our job. I did this this job to help PC to be a safe and non-spam place and also help other members about topics they need to know about. ^_^

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah thats what i woud like to do....I love to help i mean i LIKE orginaizing lockers and messed up shelves XD I THINK i would be a good Mod. XD but it aint my choice so we will have to see... anyways when WAS the last time someone was modded?

Deoxys55
August 18th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Well, Jkaizer was remodded after the forums were hacked I think. XD

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Lol....well I mean like a new person....just wondering XD.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Just seems to me to many people are asking to be mods without having a good understanding of what it really means to be one.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 01:38 PM
That is true.... because this is me also i do admit but not really anymore:
people think to be a mod means your going to be popular....its a little true but you have to be responsible and such.....

Blaze
August 18th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah I am not a mod here yet anyways XD

What I must say is that you need to gain the Admins, Praetors, S-Mods, and Mods respect if you want to ever achieve this.

You should never join a forum just to become Mod for one that doesn't look good or makes you look very trust worthy and you won't become a Mod for at least a few months.

Moding is a privelage which is a gift yet a curse (i do mod at other forums so i can speak lol XD). It is fun to Mod of course but there are alot of responsiblitys and you must know the rules for where you Mod because you have to do a good job

Ice demon
August 18th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Meh i used to want to be a mod
but now i'm just happy posting as a normal member without the extra work ^_^...............

Its the best way - believe me ^_^

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Ya, well at least people are starting to catch on thst being s mod involves work, and a good deal of it. I've allways known that so it irks me when people sk admins to be a mod just for the title.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
well that would never be me... i WANT to do the hard work unlike normal people....XD

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Still you have to help people, move threads, read EVERY thread in your area(s) to make sure there are no duplicate or spam and such. Aside from thst you get pm's from a lot of members asking for help on things thst your expected to know.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM
yup thats the hard work i mean ^^ if i was a mod i would do it to help- and to do the dirty work.....

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Anyone would do it if they were a mod. They kinda would HAVE to.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Well most people want to be a mod because....well....they want to be a mod...XD the only reason i want to be is because i really like helping people but its allright if im not i help people by making sprites ^^

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I like helping people to I do it a lot...apperentally. Though a lot of people only do it here in hopes of being mod's which isent a good reason for it, you have to want to do it out the goodness of your heart...cheesy but true.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Yup thats me! lol i was gonna say what i said was tacky but i didnt.... :P

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Lol, lotta people are afraid of something being tacky like that.

Jay
August 18th, 2004, 04:01 PM
*yawn* Why would you want to become a mod?

It's the same as being a regular member except you have to be responsible and do your job, what a waste of time.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I like helping whenever I can. There are people that just want to help other becuse they like helping.

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:15 PM
I don't care about modship. I like helping out people. I post in ever single newbie forum I see just because I like to. I know how it felt to be a newbie. Well I guess I still am. I have only been here a little over a month. If someone asked me to, well I would be more than happy to help out PC, but it isn't a goal of mine and I never think of it.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Thats how is should be, but sadly isent though.

Frostweaver
August 18th, 2004, 04:17 PM
*yawn* Why would you want to become a mod?

It's the same as being a regular member except you have to be responsible and do your job, what a waste of time.
Please spread these words to all those who starts threads on "how do I become a mod" and etc. Lol too bad that old T-Dome thread in the question forum got erased during the hack. Bewildered at the amount of daily requests of "oh I guess that I can mod over it if no one else wants to..."

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:17 PM
yup *nods sadly* I just wanna show people what i can do...but still i can do that withut being a mod.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:20 PM
We all can. I guess having that title gives you a sense of self-achivment. Sowhat, would people stop helping if they lost the title of mod? I wouldent but many people dont understand that it's work to be a mod.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM
yeah i wouldnt stop either...it would make me work harder.... ^^

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Ya, people dont do things for the right reason anymore it seems.

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Eliana, you would make a cool mod. Don't get me wrong or anything. But it seems to me like this whole time you are trying to ask for modship, but not directly, but subliminally. Well atleast that is what I am getting. I think you would make a great mod though. Oh yes, and who was the last person to obtain modship around here?

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:25 PM
yeah.....but i really do wanna stop that but there isnt anything we could do...and piro munkie thanks.... ^^ and your right about the asking part :P i used to say "CAN I BE A MOD?PLEASE? PLEASE?"
XD ah yes those were the bad olddays.....at other forums...now i put it differentely cuz i know it aint gonn happen so im saying something intelligent rather then asking....XD

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I've seen about 3 or 4 people ask without acutally saying it...piro your sig picture is to big.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Meh i guess im not alone then huh? ^^ Well thats good! because its bad to direct these things directly....lol

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:29 PM
That'd be cool to be a mod. Havent really done anything to deserve it though, just like helping out people....corney as it sounds.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:31 PM
lol i think we have things in common :P we say things that are supposed to sound good but end up corny.... but Blue i dont know you to much but at first when i saw you in the dragons club when i knew nothing of PC i thought you were a mod...:P i think you should be one

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:33 PM
That is what I figured blue, about my sig pic, but I wasn't sure. *Goes to resize it.*

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:35 PM
lol i think we have things in common :P we say things that are supposed to sound good but end up corny.... but Blue i dont know you to much but at first when i saw you in the dragons club when i knew nothing of PC i thought you were a mod...:P i think you should be one
Sounds kinda obvious when you say it like that though.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:38 PM
So? doesnt matter....I think you seem well i dunno how to put it...important maybe XD im weird...and i always seem so miniscule....

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:43 PM
OK, back, and the sig picture should be fine now. If it's not, then just let me know. Anyway, what were we talking about again?

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I seem important? Well that makes one person who thinks so...ya I have a mini-fanclub!

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I think you seem important too, Blue. I don't know what is it about you, but you just do.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:45 PM
lol....i dunno.... i just think weird things.... XD I have a fan club have you seen it? and lol a mod joined it Jkaizer did XD

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:46 PM
But your more well known arent you? Thats why you have the club.

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:47 PM
That club is still going? Dang! Anyway that is off topic sorry. Yes, you do seem important blue. Maybe it's because of your post count or something.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:48 PM
*looks around* are you talking to ME? XD me? well known? how do you figure? *is a very humble person* XD

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I think he was talking to you eliana. He wasn't talking to me, that is for sure. So it must have been you!:)

Ryoutarou
That club is still going? Dang! Anyway that is off topic sorry. Yes, you do seem important blue. Maybe it's because of your post count or something.
Thought post counts dident really matter? Ya I was talking to elina.

Eliana
lol they dont....but Blue how do you figure I'm well known? XD

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:53 PM
lol they dont....but Blue how do you figure I'm well known? XD
Hmm lets see...you have your own fan club? More well known then me.

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:53 PM
They don't matter. I just said maybe it seems like your important because you have such a high post count, as most staff members do.

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:55 PM
They don't matter. I just said maybe it seems like your important because you have such a high post count, as most staff members do.
a1337a has a small count dosent she?

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Lol...... Well thats not technically true.... i have a higher count then a lot of Mods...XD dont matter....

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Note how I said "most staff members." not all.:P

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I know just saying...dont have to have a high post count to be liked better see compare me and elina.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Lol good point. XD Well post count isnt everything....

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM
YOur right thats how people with low counts are able to be mods.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I do have to admit.... i use to think that getting high post count meant you would get to be a mod...but its not true...well it shows your are devoted but thats not everything...

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Ya see i'd give up this post count for at least a hundred meaningfull post.....or the abillity to write in english better

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 05:04 PM
you write pretty well ^^ but ya can always get better right? ^^

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I guess...at least I dont have a accent anymore...that sucked.

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 05:07 PM
you had an accent? COOL!!!!!! XD lol we are off topicing....:P

Ryoutarou
August 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
We were for a few post mostly it has been on topic/

Eliana
August 18th, 2004, 05:11 PM
yeah *is proud of self* XD well maybe if a mod would see this they would post i wanna see their opinion about this...

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Yes, blue, you can always get better at writing. Everyone can. And I would also give up all of my posts for 100 meaningful posts.

Kairi
August 18th, 2004, 06:15 PM
This is getting off topic, and his question was answered long ago. @_@; If you’ve got more to say about modding, perhaps but otherwise it’s getting a lil spammy.

ravenstorture
August 18th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Yes, we have been going off topic guys. Sorry Kairi! You can close it if you want.

Ice demon
August 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Ya, well at least people are starting to catch on thst being s mod involves work, and a good deal of it. I've allways known that so it irks me when people sk admins to be a mod just for the title.

Well Blue since i figured out that before u even joined i guess the part with starting to catch on may not apply to me XP....................

Well IMO this topic has been milked passed capacity and before the Spam gets out of control lets close it.

Blaze
August 18th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Yes,

That is quite true. As a mod at PWC-DF Forums (the biggest of all I work for). It's not all fun and games.

You practically have to go through every single post to make sure nothing is bad and is not against the rules so yeah that is all for Blaze's Closing Thoughs :D

*Blaze Out

(Kairi like my new typing ;) )

aaaaaa
August 18th, 2004, 10:06 PM
I was here for four months, and then I got randomly modded ^_^

Ryoutarou
August 19th, 2004, 04:30 AM
randomly? how the heck did that happen.

KLS
August 19th, 2004, 06:22 AM
well i've been here for 3 years and i still didn't get picked
see it's random it depends on the way you behave
and they monitor your every movement

Arcanine
August 19th, 2004, 08:34 AM
randomly? how the heck did that happen.She was picked without being in a group of members getting Modded.

well i've been here for 3 years and i still didn't get picked
see it's random it depends on the way you behave
and they monitor your every movement Like I said on Page 2, PC has not even been here 2 years. It started on October 16th 2002. So on the 16th of Oct it will be 2 years for PC.

Frostweaver
August 19th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Nope... PC existed for a longer time than < 2 years. It's just that the reference only traced back so much. If you include PC's days before vbulletin, you do get 3 years or so.

Arcanine
August 19th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Nope... PC existed for a longer time than < 2 years. It's just that the reference only traced back so much. If you include PC's days before vbulletin, you do get 3 years or so.The old PC was started on Oct 16th. They upgraded to vB on Jan 16th 2003. So when they moved to vB they changed the dates and stuff to what it was on the old board.
And if you are going back to the old one where Erica was on that board was only open for 6 months or so.

KLS
August 19th, 2004, 09:15 AM
no i'm talking about the 1st alliance
with TheUD,safari and APCC

Pincushion
August 19th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Well, lets face it, Hardly any of us are ever, going to be important on the forums, Like a mod, etc, If we beg! I think your judged on the way you act,post, Talk to other members, and obviously if you post like the starter of this thread, your not going to be a mod!

Thomas
August 19th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Well, that is just the way it is. There is only a certian amount that the admin/pretors want to be mods, so not everyone can be one. Right now there is 25 regular mods and 28 main forums (not including sub forums or the announcement forum.) So if they only want one mod for each forum then that means there is limited spots.

Also, I think the question got answered somewhere on these 5 pages, dont you think?

KLS
August 19th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Well, lets face it, Hardly any of us are ever, going to be important on the forums, Like a mod, etc, If we beg! I think your judged on the way you act,post, Talk to other members, and obviously if you post like the starter of this thread, your not going to be a mod!
the first part i disagree sure we are all not important but we can make ourselves important (and no not by spamming,flaming etc)
the second part yeah your right
it's by the way you behave and act

Unregistered
August 20th, 2004, 07:56 AM
No spam or we'll disable guest posting in Q&F
~Kairi

Imakuni?
August 20th, 2004, 08:00 AM
no forum linking. *tells mod*

shining_light
August 20th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Uh, Imakuni?, how can you report someone who isn't registered? just outa curiousity...

Imakuni?
August 20th, 2004, 08:07 AM
easy. i hit the http://pokecommunity.com/images/templates/fg_legendaries/buttons/report.gif

aRedMoon
August 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
Who is spreading rumors that I got remodded? O.o

Do you fail to notice the lack of "Moderator" under my title? >_> I'd love it back... but I gave it up to prove a point.

Anyways, like said, becoming a moderator isn't all fun and games.

[mod leak]
In the lounge... there is a sticky... and guess what?

It's Mod Rules.
[/mod leak]

Mods can't do whatever they please, they have to follow the rules set down for the entire board, plus bonus ones. Sure, it's a nice little title, but it does require some work.

Timbjerr
August 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
OMG!! someone's leaking info! XD
We do have to follow rules, but nothing major. They're basically guidelines as to how to handle certain situations...

Well, that is just the way it is. There is only a certian amount that the admin/pretors want to be mods, so not everyone can be one. Right now there is 25 regular mods and 28 main forums (not including sub forums or the announcement forum.) So if they only want one mod for each forum then that means there is limited spots.

actually, some mods (like me) cover two or three forums, that way we cover all of those 28 forums with only 25 mods...with the exception of the Pokemon TCG forum, which has been modless ever since Dakota was promoted to S-mod...

Thomas
August 21st, 2004, 05:51 PM
Well, I guess there is not that many people who know that much about the TCG. I just looked at the forum leaders and there are some who mod more than one forum. I guess there could be alot more mods.

aRedMoon
August 21st, 2004, 06:16 PM
Yes~ Another leak! =o

...jk

And people are modded in areas that they seem strong in. Like Jedi_Amara was given Webbies because she's in there all the time. And if TCG needs a mod that bad... then someone will be appointed there in time. =/

Ice demon
August 21st, 2004, 09:49 PM
Well its all good being a mod i'm sure and it may be nice to be one but for now i'm happy being a nobody with no responsiblities.................

Well i can't blame the mods
i'll be amazed if there wasn't a "Mods Rule" thread.....XP

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah, it wouldn't make much sense.

But hey peeps, if you work hard and you stay dedicated to PC, someday you may get that casual PM titled "Moderator?"

Simon
August 22nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
Or you may simply log on one day and see your name bolded with teh mod power. Like a1337a did...I think she did anyways...

*is pondering how this got so big*

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 05:25 AM
They normally ask first. XD;

Though that would be a nifty way to get modded. XD

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 05:29 AM
Yeah, it wouldn't make much sense.

But hey peeps, if you work hard and you stay dedicated to PC, someday you may get that casual PM titled "Moderator?"
Scotty's PM title was not Moderator, it was "hey" or something. XD

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 05:55 AM
You gotta love how they approach soon-to-be-mods...

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 05:56 AM
You gotta love how they approach soon-to-be-mods...
The night before Scotty was Modded I told him he was going to be banned and he though he was going to be. XD

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 05:59 AM
The night before Scotty was Modded I told him he was going to be banned and he though he was going to be. XD
Wow...

I can just feel the love.

Brittany
August 22nd, 2004, 06:03 AM
Is it just me, or is this thread becoming inutile? It sounds like everyone is trying to give away secrets of how to become a mod XD.

Castrainer
August 22nd, 2004, 06:04 AM
Is it just me, or is this thread becoming inutile? It sounds like everyone is trying to give away secrets of how to become a mod XD.

If thats it, lets let it alive XD

Scott thought he was going to be booted out? O__O XD

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 06:15 AM
That's a bad thing? O.o

*grins*

Simon
August 22nd, 2004, 06:56 AM
What do you mean everyone? *eyes JKaizer*

And it does seem to be the topic of this...topic. The very first post was asking about "How to Be a Mod".

*looks up inutile*

Oooooh...lacking in serviceabilty or not useful.

Cool Cr@cker
August 22nd, 2004, 07:46 AM
Hmm..Being a mod involves a lot of hard work and responsiblity.And It's no easy job.You'll understand that if you are made a mod.I know this cause I'm a praetor at DG Forums!JK you were probably the nicest mod here!And you followed all the rules and helped all newbes kindly and I thought you would be teh first mod to recieve a promotion.But unfortunately you wanted to be demodded.Mods Pls look at Ice demon's profile!he has some abusive words there!And I have one doubt.One day when I was just browsing the members list when I saw a member called Nick.he had joined PC only that day and he already was a mod.I want to know how's that.LOL!

Castrainer
August 22nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
Its because <<NICK>> is FlamingTorchic -.-;;
If ya clicked at his profile, ya would see in his signature...

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Yes... mods can switch accounts. *looks at Alyssa* XD

Flaming Torchic became <<NICK>>... XP

And um... thanks for the compliment...

Kairi
August 22nd, 2004, 08:13 AM
I actually showed Sarah a screenshot of one of her posts right after she was modded, and that was how she found out, by seeing her title and boldness in it. XP

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 08:20 AM
Wait a sec. Secrets to being modded? I thought that was all general knowledge?

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Yes, it's General Knowledge... to those that know the secret. =o

Sarah got an interesting way of getting modded~

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Wait, how did Sarah get modded? She told me randomly but that dosent make a lick of sense.

Kairi
August 22nd, 2004, 08:54 AM
As to how we decided? Well we thought she’d be a good one, and all the senior staff agreed on it. Then S-kun did the technical side of it, modding her, and I showed her that picture to break the news.

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
Well that makes sense...more so then the response I've been getting lately at least.

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
Hehe... maybe she herself doesn't know the full story? =p

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Either that or she's just manipulating the crap out of me. Which really isent that hard to do. lol. I'm sure she knows why she got modded.

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 09:24 AM
Err, not for sure. All they really tell you [insert experience here] is that they thought you were a good canidate... nothing really "for sure" about it. =/

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Secrets? No there is no secrets to all this. But some how people that talk to me a lot gets Modded O_o. It's not that I bring their name up or anything but they just do (Soph, Scotty, Tommy, Brandon, Nick, Austin, DT and a few little chats with some of the other Mods before they was Mods). XD

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Then whats up with the big conspirecy? Just being a good member isent enough? It'd be funny if there was some secre to it and most of the wannabe mods have been trying for nothing.

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
And most of the mods have been around at PC for quite some time, remember that too. =/

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 09:39 AM
Most, but look at some of the vet mods. They were modded within months of joining werent they?

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
PC was also much smaller back then. Newbies were hired to do the job. =p

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 10:34 AM
....or they were just really good members?

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 11:02 AM
....or they were just really good members?
Good members? Ha That's a joke (for me atleast, I would have to be the worst staff member there ever was on PC. Back when I first joined I didn't know the rules (like any one made a post about the rules or anything <_<). But all that changed when some one told me it was wrong and I stoped and now look where I am today.

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
Today? A cross gender praetor? Now thats the real dream! NOt like most people bother to read the rules anyway is it? Took me a while to getting around to doing it, I just read it last month for the first time.

Lokhlan
August 22nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
The way you guys are discussing becoming a Mod makes me think of someone being drafted. I think it's neat that PC tries to suprise people when they become a Mod instead of giving them advanced warning. - As in dear ole a1337a's case. Suprise, suprise! XD

Missingno Baby
August 22nd, 2004, 11:27 AM
Tendo, wern't you a mod? I dunno, but one day, I think I'll be a mod.. sometimes, I'll bite my lil' brother just to stay on PC, it's so addicting!!
BTW, for some reason, blue would make a good mod...

puni puni~

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Today? A cross gender praetor? Now thats the real dream! NOt like most people bother to read the rules anyway is it? Took me a while to getting around to doing it, I just read it last month for the first time. Cross gender Praetor. XD That's funny. XD
But I was talking about (as in where I am today) one of the highest staff members on PC.

I think it's neat that PC tries to suprise people when they become a Mod instead of giving them advanced warning. - As in dear ole a1337a's case. Suprise, suprise! XD Well the group Scotty's group they was all Modded at 3 am (my time) when I was talking to Kwesi on MSN so no one knew about it till they got on.

Hey maybe I should post Scotty's story, it's going to make a best selling book. XD
Any one want to see it? XD

Lokhlan
August 22nd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Erm, I was never a Mod. I guess you could say I'm aspiring to be one though.

Missingno Baby
August 22nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
I just thought that you were a mod, considering you looked like one. Remember kids,
Missingno Baby has short-term memor loss.

BTW, does EVERYONE want to be a mod or something? Then it'd be like:
WELCOME TO PC, (insert nuB name here) HERE, YOU CAN BE A MOD!

puni puni~

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Most people just want to be a mod for the acutall title, not the work. Once they find out that like everything else in life, theres work involved they duck out of it.

Arcanine- Praetor is a sub admin right?

Missingno Baby
August 22nd, 2004, 11:44 AM
"Hey maybe I should post Scotty's story, it's going to make a best selling book. XDAny one want to see it? XD"
lol....I WANT TO READ IT!! PLEASE!
blue's right, most NubEs don't understand the sophosti-whatever work of a mod.
(BLUE still should be a mod, he'd look good with the title)

puni puni~

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Most people just want to be a mod for the acutall title, not the work. Once they find out that like everything else in life, theres work involved they duck out of it.

Arcanine- Praetor is a sub admin right?
Yea me and Abby are the Sub-Admins on PC.

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Hmm, dont you have to pay for pc once you become admin? I know most vboards are expensive and usally the admins have to pay for it. I talked to kwesi about it once...but forgot what he said XP

Missingno Baby
August 22nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Oh my god, really? *doesn't want to be an admin* I'M TO YOUNG TO PAY!! XD
Ok, and I'm kinda puzzled. What order are the positions?
(remeber children, Missingno Baby has short-term memory loss!)

puni puni~

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
I think it's this order
normal member
mod
s-mod
Praetor
admin
right?

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
Hmm, dont you have to pay for pc once you become admin? I know most vboards are expensive and usally the admins have to pay for it. I talked to kwesi about it once...but forgot what he said XP
No since PC is running on the one where you pay like $180 bucks and you don't have to pay any more (thanks to V-Road for that since PC was running on a one year thing).

And here is Scotty's story. It's going to be the first one page best selling book. XD
(I made this post so when I say I it's me XD)

"I remember my best IM chat with an Admin *goes back in one of that remember modes* it was with Kwesi, it was like 3 am and we was talking about Mods (it was Scotty's group) and Scott's name came up and we was talking on PC with PMs and I told Kwesi that I was going to tell Scotty that he was going to ban Scotty and Kwesi liked the idea and told me to do it. So I did and it went to well, Scotty though he was going to get banned and then left PC and only came back the next day to see if he was banned or not, but he got a shock to find out he was Modded (True story, I wonder if Kwesi will see this post and say something about it). XD"

Kairi
August 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
JK hit it pretty well, on the old PC there might have been three or four active mods, so they were quicker to promote and add them. o_o; There weren’t even rules.
And there’s nothing magical about selecting a mod, someone suggests that they have good qualities that would make them mod worthy, the others discuss it, and then they’re modded.

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 12:07 PM
I think it's this order
normal member
mod
s-mod
Praetor
admin
right?Yep that is how the ranks on PC goes.

Ask Scotty about it some day about it blue and hear what he has to say about it. XD

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Heh...that just sounds mean and funny at the same time. Praetor is just a pc position right? I've never acutally seen it at any other vboards.

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 12:19 PM
Heh...that just sounds mean and funny at the same time. Praetor is just a pc position right? I've never acutally seen it at any other vboards.
Yea the rank Praetor is just on PC (maybe on some other boards that got it from PC but PC is the only large forum that has Praetor as a rank). Abby came up with it when she was playing FFX-2 (I think that is what she said, ask her on how she came up with it XD) and now I have it, all to myself (maybe I should edit and color and all that other stuff XD).

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
Well that makes sense, since I've never heard of a sub-admin untill a few months ago. I allways thought the S-mods were sub admins though? Or are they sub-sub-admins? Is that even a word?

Lokhlan
August 22nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
I've noticed other boards have picked up on the Praetor rank since PC introduced it. I guess they don't realize Praetor originated from PC & PC only.

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 12:27 PM
Well then I guess thats why we dont have. The Z-7 level here? Allthough I never acutally got that.

Arcanine
August 22nd, 2004, 12:31 PM
Well that makes sense, since I've never heard of a sub-admin untill a few months ago. I allways thought the S-mods were sub admins though? Or are they sub-sub-admins? Is that even a word?Well S-Mods don't have any Admin powers (well now they do because they can move members to the usergroup for the T-Dome) so they are not sub-Admins (we are Sub-Admins or higher S-Mods, what ever sounds better to who ever is reading this XD).

I've noticed other boards have picked up on the Praetor rank since PC introduced it. I guess they don't realize Praetor originated from PC & PC only. Well there is no copyright or anything on it and it's a real word so they can use if they want.

Ryoutarou
August 22nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
Well, I'll be darned it is a real word. 2nd highest ranking member in the roman goverment.

aRedMoon
August 22nd, 2004, 03:27 PM
Roman governement? *snorts*

And the levels weren't completely right...

Super Moderator
Praetor / "Abby"
Admin

You forgot about the legendary "Abby" level. =p

Cool Cr@cker
August 22nd, 2004, 05:49 PM
Legendry Abby level!that's funny!Great story Arcanine.Praetor is a great power.Cause Admins cant be on all the time and it's the praetors who have to take care of PC.

Eliana
August 22nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Well all I gotta say is I hope one day I have the privlege of being a mod at somewhere big....XD then I will never do a wrong ever again.... lol

Thomas
August 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Yes, Kairi is soooo special that there is not title to describe what she is. So they just put ??? as here title. I am not sure but I think she has more powers than a preator.

Lokhlan
August 22nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
No doubt about that. Kairi is some kind of special. "Legendary Abby" - *snickers* XD

Burne Starcofski
August 22nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
I have a Universal question (Meaning it applies to most everywhere.)
What, exactly, does a Mod do besides moving threads, editing posts, and locking innapropriate threads?

Brittany
August 22nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Secrets? No there is no secrets to all this. But some how people that talk to me a lot gets Modded O_o. It's not that I bring their name up or anything but they just do (Soph, Scotty, Tommy, Brandon, Nick, Austin, DT and a few little chats with some of the other Mods before they was Mods). XD
I know that there arent any secrets. But everyone is talking about it like they are. They are all like "Hey if you are nice to other members, you might become a mod"
"Hey if you are dedicated to PC, then you might become a mod."

People say it as if it was some secret unknown to mankind, that being obeying rules and being affable and respectful might actually get you somewhere.

Those are manners/rules like that apply anywhere, including PC, so I don't see why so many people make a big deal about learning how to become a mod.

Ice demon
August 22nd, 2004, 08:22 PM
That would be funny
to be told u would be banned and then get modded
^_^

blah to be modded u need to know mods and that about it..............
+ u have to be good
but IMO its mostly about knowing some mods.....

Timbjerr
August 23rd, 2004, 03:00 AM
I still believe that you had something to do with my moddingness...or whatever...

I think I had the most random modding...on the day of the new database, Kwesi popped up on AIM like "Do you wanna be a mod?"
Of course, I had gone through the mod interview and all that a couple mnonths before, but I still didn't think I would be modded. XD

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 03:09 AM

I'm going to start talking to you.... alot.

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 04:57 AM
I still believe that you had something to do with my moddingness...or whatever...

I think I had the most random modding...on the day of the new database, Kwesi popped up on AIM like "Do you wanna be a mod?"
Of course, I had gone through the mod interview and all that a couple mnonths before, but I still didn't think I would be modded. XD
YOu thought they forgot about you? Know thats a heck of a way to get modded.

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:10 AM
I have a Universal question (Meaning it applies to most everywhere.)
What, exactly, does a Mod do besides moving threads, editing posts, and locking innapropriate threads?
A mod can:
A) Lock threads
B) Edit posts
C) Edit topic titles
D) Add notes to a topic
E) Go into the lounge (Which is full of OT)
F) See the T-Dome before it's open (:P That's how it was)

And that's about it. Nothing special, really. Oh, and of course the "Moderator" under their title. :P

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:25 AM
The title is the coolest part! XD!

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:29 AM
Of course it is. That's why we have threads like this. XD

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
Of course it is. That's why we have threads like this. XD
XD, with people trying to figure out how to become a Mod.

Ahem,

I think in honor of the elections this year, we should vote a member of PC to be a Mod! I won't run, but its a good idea! I nominate Daegon Kimeron.

*waits for people to call Brittany an idiot*

Seriously, the Admins should discuss this!

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Or we could have someone running for Admin as it is the presidential (sp?) elections. XD

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Don't Admin have to have their own website?

Their should be a new class(or group watever its called)

PRESIDENT! I am so smart. Power is less than a S-Mod, but with a font of an Admin(or Praetor/????? for that matter). Just purple, or some other color!

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
Or no power what-so-ever, just the title. That's an idea. XD

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:49 AM
Or no power what-so-ever, just the title. That's an idea. XD
But it can still go into the mod forum, so it can socialize and pretend to actually have a purpose, just like our real President!

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
But it can still go into the mod forum, so it can socialize and pretend to actually have a purpose, just like our real President!
I can see that. XD

So the president will get a special name coloring, a little title, and access to the lounge. XD

Who wants to propose it to the admins? =p

Cherrim
August 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
I think we discussed doing that for mods at one point in time... but we scrapped it quickly because people would only vote for themselves or for the most popular people. And just because someone is popular doesn't mean they're mature enough or able to do the job properly. @_@

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
I think we discussed doing that for mods at one point in time... but we scrapped it quickly because people would only vote for themselves or for the most popular people. And just because someone is popular doesn't mean they're mature enough or able to do the job properly. @_@
It would only be a font change ,lol.

Plus, this is only once every couple years, then that person gets de-presidented, and a new president rises!

Cherrim
August 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
XD;; Ah... okay. *missed the post before hers and wasn't clear on the issue* :o

Lol, that would be kind of funny. X3 But... I dunno about the access to the Mod Lounge. =\ Sometimes we do actually talk about important things in there and the reason it's hidden is so members can't see it. So just giving any random member access and then stripping it away later on might not be the best idea. x_x; *hates being so negative on ideas all the time when she comes up with the downsides* XD;

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 08:20 AM
It's not just a random member! It is a member chosen by the people!

Heres an Idea... Every mod/s-mod/praetor/????/admin nominates one person. Then PC decides from the list.

Wow, I am getting more serious about this every time I post about it! XD

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 10:51 AM
Or maybe you could have people nominate themselves? Make a thread in OC, get a bunch of nominations, then make a primary to decide the final canidates, then they could go around trying to get people to vote for 'em. XD

And Erica, if a member got voted into "office", they would have to be rather well liked around the board, so it wouldn't be a complete newbie. And it's not like we're giving them access to the AdminCP. XD

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 01:30 PM
Why not do a AI type thing? Have members nominate other members then the one's with the most on to top 10? I've been watching to much tv lol.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 01:35 PM
Wait a minute, this sounds like a good idea, but unfortunatly we would have to get the admins permission to do this, and I doubt that they would let us hold such a competition.

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 01:38 PM
Hence the idea that its only a idea.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 01:41 PM
Well, everything starts with an idea, but someone has to have the initiative to make it a reality.

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Yes but you forget one thing...it's an idea from me...meaning it's never going to happen.

Missingno Baby
August 23rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Aa, lets thy mods have a place for themselfs, no?
I mean..the T-Dome, Trainer card forms....and now...??!
I guess my opinion won't count much...I'm an idiot....:)

puni puni~

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Well, even though it was your idea somone could take it even further, but I still doubt it will ever happen.

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
That would be kinda cool though, a restart to pc idol lol.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 02:05 PM
I have an idea...out of all the PC mods/smods/preators/kairi/admins who is the most like Randy, Paula, and Simon?

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Ok, were starting to stary off into spam a little arent we? Anyway's i'd say Dakota is like simon, dont like him but usally makes the right choices.

Missingno Baby
August 23rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
Who's Simon????? *doesn't understand*
Lets get onto topic!

puni puni!

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Ok, were starting to stary off into spam a little arent we? Anyway's i'd say Dakota is like simon, dont like him but usally makes the right choices.

Yep you are right...I think I'll make a thead in the OT forum.

Ryoutarou
August 23rd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Wait, wouldent you have to get a admins ok?

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 02:33 PM
No the thread is just for the Randy, Paula, Simon thing.

Blissey Trainer 8290
August 23rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
hey, this "president" thing sounds cool! i was getting excited just reading about it! i mean.... the person wouldnt have mod powers, cause that might not be very good... but the colored name and possibly the access to the mod boards would be cool! just the only thing is... the admins permission...^^' doesnt sound good...

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 05:59 PM
Well, I think someone should PM one of the admins and ask them to read the topic and show their opinion. The worst they can say is "No," right?

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
I guess I could do that, but then they might think it is my idea and get mad at me...*runs away and hides*XD

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 06:15 PM
I could I guess. I'm the one that PMed them about the T-Dome. XD

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 06:21 PM
Well, they respect you because they made you a mod, so you should do it. I shouldnt do it cause I dont think they like me :(

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 06:29 PM

They didn't make me a mod. My modship was determined by the S-Mods and Sub-Admins...

*sighs missing modship...*

I'll send it tomorrow.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 06:34 PM
Wow, they make the decision? I thought they had to verify all actions with the admins?

Ice demon
August 23rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
IMO the president thing will be exactly what most members think mod ship is all about - a bold name and some recognition.................

It shall all be about popularity and to be honest PC doesn't need any help in that catagory................................................

so in conclusion i really see it as a bad idea..................

Blissey Trainer 8290
August 23rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
i dont see what is bad about it, cause it might not be up to the members... it might be up to the mods/s-mods/admin/preator/abby/ anyone else of high powerXP... so it wont be about popularity... unless the members decide(like MOTM)

Ice demon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Yes i realize that it is all for fun but honestly
why waste the mods/s.mods etc etc etc time
+ what is the point???????

I really see it boiling down to popularity
I mean what conditions would the mods use except being totally random/it being some one they know.............................

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
It's better if mods make the nominations, because it shows that the person is a better candidate. If the person has caught a mod's eye, then obviously, they must have some similar traits.

Plus having Mods/S-Mods/Praetor/?????/Admin nominate, gives PC about 40 candidates.

And finally, letting Mods/S-Mods/Praetor/?????/Admin nominate, is an idea more likely to get passed by Admin, because if the candidates get nominated from PC members, there is a larger chance that the 'President' would be a screw-up.

I hope this actually gets passed... we will probably just humor Admins when they hear this, XD.

Ice demon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:48 PM
Yes but why would they nominate someone to go prancing about flaunting their psuedo modship???

It really makes no sense in my mind..............

it just all relates back to popularity.

But if is in the name of fun i guess they can give it a try......
i guess...........

oni flygon
August 23rd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Yes but why would they nominate someone to go prancing about flaunting their psuedo modship???

It really makes no sense in my mind..............

it just all relates back to popularity.

But if is in the name of fun i guess they can give it a try......
i guess...........

So you're saying that mods get modded because they're popular?

Let me ask you this: How popular was I before I was modded?

Brittany

THATs the point, if they(mods and admin) nominate the person, then the person wouldn't be a person that is just prancing about their pseudo modship!

If PC selects the person on thier own, then their is a large chance of the person being a moron. Just let them nominate the candidates... I'm sure they don't mind, most of them would be amused with the idea, and actually give a candidate.

Arcanine
It's better if mods make the nominations, because it shows that the person is a better candidate. If the person has caught a mod's eye, then obviously, they must have some similar traits.

Plus having Mods/S-Mods/Praetor/?????/Admin nominate, gives PC about 40 candidates.

And finally, letting Mods/S-Mods/Praetor/?????/Admin nominate, is an idea more likely to get passed by Admin, because if the candidates get nominated from PC members, there is a larger chance that the 'President' would be a screw-up.

I hope this actually gets passed... we will probably just humor Admins when they hear this, XD.
That's why I didn't like the idea of the Mod test all that much. I mean sure we are the ones that pick the Mods but some one will feel better if they got picked without asking. They feel like they stood out from the other members and got picked as a Mod.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 07:55 PM
That's why I didn't like the idea of the Mod test all that much. I mean sure we are the ones that pick the Mods but some one will feel better if they got picked without asking. They feel like they stood out from the other members and got picked as a Mod.

You are probably right. I bet if you ask all the people that got randomly picked that, they would say they felt they stood out, or was doing a good job as a member.

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Wow, people are starting to say my ideas were right from the begining! I feel loved! XD

Arcanine, what do you think the chances are of this actually happening?

1 in a million? XD

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 08:08 PM
I would say 1/1000 and there are about 4000 members. So there is limited spots for mods. So 4 out of all the members in the next 1/2 year?

Ice demon
August 23rd, 2004, 08:15 PM
So you're saying that mods get modded because they're popular?

Let me ask you this: How popular was I before I was modded?

Oni do u even know what they are talking about??
being modded means u actually do stuff
this is just a person who gets to go around with a title and intrude in the Mod lounge...................
thats it....................

and the only reason everyone is so happy is because they are hoping that they would be picked..............................again popularity.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 08:16 PM
Well, that is partly true. Mods are usally popular with the members and are good members so it is 1/2 true.

Ice demon
August 23rd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Anyway if u want this u are going to have to lobby for it..............

and u better get a good few mods etc into it.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
It also helps if you have a good rep with all the mods and higher members. Sometimes you do things that you can never recover from.

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 08:27 PM
I still think that letting this get based on popularity is stupid. What if Fudge01 got picked? xD

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 09:34 PM
Hehe... that'd be a disaster. X_x;;

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 09:38 PM
Hehe... that'd be a disaster. X_x;;
Thats exactly why Mods/S-Mods/Praetor/?????/Admin, should make the nominations!

If it's that way, then we wouldn't have a disaster. Hmm... We still haven't even gotten this passed! XD!

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Should I send it to all 4 (Kwesi, VRoad, Zapchu, & Steve) or just one of them? O.o

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 09:46 PM
All of them!

BTW: if this gets passed, Daegon Kimeron better get nominated.

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
Okay, I'll send it to all of 'em. XD

And maybe you'll get nominated. :P

usami
August 23rd, 2004, 09:52 PM
I don't see whats so "Oh my god I want it!" about a different styled name lol, although thats not to say I wouldn't want it.

Shiney
August 23rd, 2004, 09:53 PM
*pops head into the thread* What's this I hear about people being nominated for mod-ness? XD

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 09:54 PM
You get to lock threads! Oooooooooooooooooooooo

Shiney
August 23rd, 2004, 09:54 PM
You get to lock threads! Oooooooooooooooooooooo

It's not all about the powers, there's a since of responsibility, plus, you're forgetting human nature. Something people can't have, they want.

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 09:55 PM
And maybe you'll get nominated. :P
I had a dream, and in it I was a mod...(wierd yet?)

Then while I was minding my own.... all of a sudden Ninjas pop out of nowhere!

They were trying to hack PC, and I was the only Mod online at the time! I had to protect PC myself! Then one of the ninjas tried to hurt a 6 year old pokemon loving kid, and I had to kick his butt!

Then the hacking ninjas went over to where Kwesi was! And Kwesi was asleep(in my dream, anyone who's not online is asleep, XD), and they tried to hurt him, but I had to give all of them a butt-kicking too!

Then all of a sudden.... I was surrounded by the hacking ninjas and they were trying to kill me! I tried to give them a butt-kicking, but I started to get tired and they started to hurt me, and right before I died, I woke up.

I have the wierdest dreams after a night partying...

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 09:57 PM
...that is an odd dream. XD

Shiney: No one is up for modding, we're talking about a new member group. XD

Shiney
August 23rd, 2004, 10:03 PM
...that is an odd dream. XD

Shiney: No one is up for modding, we're talking about a new member group. XD

Which would be just what? I guesed that it was modding from the title of the thread. X_X

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
Which would be just what? I guesed that it was modding from the title of the thread. X_X
It's about President, a new group that we are trying to get passed.

The President has a different colored Admin font(like Kairi and Arcanine), and little or possibly no power.

Shiney
August 23rd, 2004, 10:10 PM
It's about President, a new group that we are trying to get passed.

The President has a different colored Admin font(like Kairi and Arcanine), and little or possibly no power.

So basically a demi-mod or a mod-in-training? I like that idea. A lot.

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 10:15 PM
They wouldn't get any power in the future either... unless they were chosen to mod. o.o

Brittany
August 23rd, 2004, 10:17 PM
So basically a demi-mod or a mod-in-training? I like that idea. A lot.
Basically, but PC only elects one President

<IDEA>

PC elects a President and a Vice President.

President has Mod powers and Vice President has less-than-mod powers, but they both share the same font.

Wow I get great ideas, XD

aRedMoon
August 23rd, 2004, 10:20 PM
But where would President have mod powers at? O.o