PDA

View Full Version : Re: Poem About Suicide

~Night
September 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM
This is called Re: Poem About Suicide because I'm pretty sure we're supposed to put our own poems in our own threads, and this poem just happened to go along with the thread called 'Poem About Suicide'

Here's a poem about suicide that I just made

A thought that said "Life is so cruel"
Can make one hate even a beautiful jewel.
A friend can easily make fun all they wanted,
Never realizing that they will soon be haunted,
By not only the sight of their friend's final breath,
But the reason they may blame themselves for that horrid death.
For what they think is a simple joke,
Just might end up being something other than a hoax.
Just remember to believe when someone says they've had these thoughts since before first grade,
Or you may be the one visit their grave.

Unfortunately, some people in this world (like me) are depressive and when they finally tell someone, they get laughed at(it is VERY upsetting when your friends laugh at you for being suicidal, it just makes it worse). Just remember, if you have any friends at all who either make fun of, or have suicidal thoughts don't laugh at them. Make their life worth living. Don't encourage their depression, encourage their happiness. Just laughing once at that could give them their decision - either live their miserable life, or die - and if they choose death, you most likely regret it, and sometimes obtain depression yourself.
If YOU are suicidal, then don't kill yourself. Even if it seems there is no hop in the world, you ARE needed. Even if you picture your family parying the day you die, don't kill yourself. Even if it seems like you have no friends, someone WILL cry over your death. You can only live your life once, so make it good. When you feel depressed, think about the good things in your life, even if you can't think of anything good, you have to try. Everyone has good and bad points in their lives, whether their rich or poor, famous or nerdy - EVERYONE has a life worth living. Sometimes it's just the thoughts you have that make your life miserable. It may be hard when you're still a kid and haven't told anyone about it your entire life, so don't beat yourself up about it, if you have to, pour your heart out. I don't care if you tell it to your mom, your dad, or even your pillow. I believe that those who can cry are the ones that are truley strong. They aren't chicken enough to look weak(no, I am not saying to walk up in front of the class and start crying, I'm just saying not to keep your tears in until your eyes pop out!). There was a quote I heard(I'm pretty sure it was Meowth from Team Rocket who said it to Chimchar. . .) ". . .It's only the first day of the rest of your life. . ." which means to go live your life, don't dwell on the past. Who cares if your pants fell off in first grade? As long as you stop taking the bullying about it personally, people will forget all about it. If someone calls you "Captain Underpants" or some other name, just laugh. This works for almost all cases(if you're a seventh grader at a middle school and someone calls you a Sevy, call them an Eighty and comment about how they're ten years older then you. Laugh about it, have fun. I'm not saying to make fun of other people, I'm saying to come up witha sensible way to get past those bullies).

~!~Miss Cow~!~

PS sometimes anti-depressants can cause even MORE suicidal thoughts for kids and young adults, so only take them if it is absolutely neccissary(and I'm pretty sure you need a doctors perscription to take it anyways, so don't even think about taking anti-depressants without their permission!!!

Glitter Stain
September 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
This poem is really depressing, and you should've at the very least tried to make something out of what you said. It just seems like a bunch of different sad things about depression and suicide tied together.

~Night
September 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I guess I was really just warning people not to laugh when their friends finally tell them about their suicidal thoughts, I mean, when one of my friends seemed to purposely mock me about it, I almost stabbed myself(I had already been feeling depressed that day, she just made it worse). That's the problem with my friends - they don't know when to stop joking.

Well anyways, thanks for the critisizm(sp?). I'll keep that in mind next time I feel like writing a depresing poem (=

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Melody
September 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Well you've got a nice rhyme scheme going with this one. Try to add more to the poem next time, it's not bad but there's not much to this poem. I think it would be better if you were to put more into it.