PDA

View Full Version : Burning Questions

.Seth
September 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I've never seen just a thread where you can just ask a simple question you want answered.
Well. I made one.
Feel free to ask any question as long as it's not something completely obvious/spam.

And remember! There are NO stupid questions.

This is for simple questions, not really, really long ones.
If it's about the community, go to Community Questions and feedback.

I and All of the members will try our best to answer your questions.

When you want to answer a question, please quote the person who asked the question you are answing.

Well, seeing as I don't have a question right now, I'll let you nice people post some! :)

Guillermo
September 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
This is a good topic Seth, also I see you changed your name:)

Hmph...*thinks up a question* I don't know if I should go back to CSS or just stay with the signature I have now, opinions would help? Thanks!

.Seth
September 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Whichever is best for you. Is CSS entertaining?
Just ask yourself questions like that, and you'll find the true answer. But that sig you have kicks butt.

Confuse
September 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Does my avatar look like Homestar's dead?

Zet
September 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM

no it does not, mainly because Homestar can never die

the bitter end.
September 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM

I'm not sure, he kind looks like he's coughing O.o just my opinion though... (Not trying to sound insulting)

Confuse
September 19th, 2008, 07:00 PM
no it does not, mainly because Homestar can never die

QFT. He can't die.

I'm not sure, he kind looks like he's coughing O.o just my opinion though... (Not trying to sound insulting)

Thanks, guys. I think he's having a "Woaw" moment.

And he's usually rightside-up, but I just flipped him around.

Tyrantrum
September 19th, 2008, 07:01 PM
He looks like he got hit in his unmentionables with a bat upside down! XD

Confuse
September 19th, 2008, 07:09 PM
He looks like he got hit in his unmentionables with a bat upside down! XD

You say that as a funny thing. But thanks for the input, whether it was good or bad.

the bitter end.
September 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Is Rosseta stone worth the money? I might be getting it for Japanese, so I want to see your input.

Zet
September 20th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Is Rosseta stone worht the money? I might be getting it for Japanese, so I want to hee your input.

rosetta stone.... well I have to say not really, with the language packs, they only tell you words and that without any english/other language translations. But if you think you'll be able to understand it try a trial version before buying it

Gerri Shin
September 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Is Rosseta stone worth the money? I might be getting it for Japanese, so I want to see your input.

I'm currently using the Japanese language pack for it, and I seem to be doing ok with it. Granted it won't take a short amount of time to learn (short being 6 months), but it seems to work fine for me, just make sure you have a headset/microphone for the speech portions

Chibi-chan
September 20th, 2008, 06:29 PM

It depends on how often and how regular you plan to use it.
Learning takes time, so you've got to make sure you use every inch of it; then you'll get somewhere :D

By the way, try not to get too off-topic with this. These kinds of things could be brought up in the DCC. If it does get offtopic, conversational, or downright random, I'll have to lock it.

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
do you think someone like Lucario would be annoyed by someone like Sailor moon *totally random question*

Chibi-chan
September 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
do you think someone like Lucario would be annoyed by someone like Sailor moon *totally random question*

Did you not just read what I just wrote? :|
Stupid random questions go Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=87667).
I'm totally serious :|

Alakazam17
September 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
do you think someone like Lucario would be annoyed by someone like Sailor moon *totally random question* Yes I would. Because Sailor Moon has a thing for being annoying. XD

EDIT: She whines about everything, gets preoccupied by things, her attacks take too long and don't do much in my opinion, and she has to get rescued by Tuxedo Mask-who she is a little too crazy about-all the time. Just thought I should explain her annoyingness more for those standing in awe. O_o (That and I realized I didn't really add much too the question until now, XD)

Glitter Stain
September 20th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I've never tried it, but family members have told me that it works really well.

Yes I would. Because Sailor Moon has a thing for being annoying. XD
Wow... just... wow...

Kenshin5
September 20th, 2008, 09:08 PM
What do you consider a stupid question?

Master Electrician
September 20th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Any question either rhetorical in nature or without any meaningful answer.

Should I change my major from Theater Arts to Philosophy.

Amachi
September 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM
Any question either rhetorical in nature or without any meaningful answer.

Should I change my major from Theater Arts to Philosophy.
No. What kind of job will philosophy get you? And I hope that with theater arts you have something else to go along with that, just in case.

Kenshin: That was a stupid question. Please don't push it.

BakingBluePotatoe
September 22nd, 2008, 04:48 AM
Where do I get shoes with skates in them?

Ya'know, the ones with the wheels in the soles?

Confuse
September 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Where do I get shoes with skates in them?

Ya'know, the ones with the wheels in the soles?

Those are called Heelys. I've seen a lot of people with them, so I think you can buy them at most shoe stores.

EvaXephon
October 2nd, 2008, 04:17 AM
Can a shy, boring, unattractive, awkward nerd get a girlfriend? And if so, how?

Guillermo
October 2nd, 2008, 04:23 AM
Yes, anyone can get a girlfriend. Just look around. There is someone out there for everyone.

Azzurra
October 2nd, 2008, 04:24 AM
Okay, I've got a question, how to you make friends around here, PM random people or just talk and stuff?

Crystal Clair
October 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Oh great! A questions thread just like at Sppf!

Okay, I've got a question, how to you make friends around here, PM random people or just talk and stuff?

Well from my experiences, I'd say find someone you have something in common with and leave visitor messages at their profile. It's even better if you try to start a conversation involving that shared interest.

.Iramet
October 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
How do you tell a girl that your not interested because you already have a girlfriend without breaking her heart?

Toast
October 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
How do you tell a girl that your not interested because you already have a girlfriend without breaking her heart?

Hit her with a shovel. If you say you have a girlfriend she shouldn't care. If you told her "YA YOUR UGLY I DONT CARE BOUT YOU!" Than that would break her heart. She'll understand that you have a girlfriend probably.

Isn't this topic dead? >_> Sorry for posting in it, didn't see that it was posted last posted in October 2nd

♣Gawain♣
October 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hit her with a shovel. If you say you have a girlfriend she shouldn't care. If you told her "YA YOUR UGLY I DONT CARE BOUT YOU!" Than that would break her heart. She'll understand that you have a girlfriend probably.

Isn't this topic dead? >_> Sorry for posting in it, didn't see that it was posted last posted in October 2nd

Maybe or Maybe not... Check it out...

Do you like Astronomy?

BakingBluePotatoe
October 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM
HOW do you change that godforsaken smooth/blurry text in Internet Explorer?

Conman
October 16th, 2008, 10:07 PM
HOW do you change that godforsaken smooth/blurry text in Internet Explorer?

I have no clue, but have you searched every inch of Options/Preferences. I'm really no help since I'm a FireFox user.

As to a question from me, do you think it's better have have one great theme/signature for a long and making minor edits OR having a completely new theme/signature every month or so?

----------------
Listening to: The Cool Kids - 88 (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+cool+kids/track/88)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

.Iramet
October 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I have no clue, but have you searched every inch of Options/Preferences. I'm really no help since I'm a FireFox user.

As to a question from me, do you think it's better have have one great theme/signature for a long and making minor edits OR having a completely new theme/signature every month or so?

----------------
Listening to: The Cool Kids - 88 (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+cool+kids/track/88)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)
Well I don't know about anyone else but I think that it is good to try and make something that represents you and make minor or no edits at all to it for as long as you possibly can, because I think that a signature should represent you and if it is ever changing then you must be to.
Hope I helped.

Lusankya
October 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM
My avatar and siggie are just random pictures I like. No real theme over here.