PDA

View Full Version : AUTHOR of computer virus that attacked Microsoft site pleads Guilty

Master Kwesi Nkromah
August 18th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Apparently the gov finally caught up to one the hackers responsible for the baster worm attack a few months ago.

Jeffrey Lee Parson, the 19-year-old Hopkins High School senior was arrested in connection with last summer's massive "Blaster" computer worm outbreak. He plead guilty Wednesday to authoring and unleashing an early variant of the worm that infected scores of computers and tried to take down a Microsoft Web site.

Originally this dude pleased innocent (I would have) but when federal cyber crimes task force pressed on him I guess he kinda cracked. It was prolly a good decision because had he gone to trial, he could have faced 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000 if found guilty.

Under a plea, Parson will serve at least 1 1/2 years but no more than three years and one month in federal prison.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
Wow, that is crazy, how could a 19-year-old do that to Microsoft. That must have been one of those crazy computer genius'. That just goes to show you that anyone can basically do anything they want if they have the know-how.

Imakuni?
August 23rd, 2004, 07:58 PM
whoa! wow! i had heard he was 24

oni flygon
August 23rd, 2004, 08:01 PM
He deserves it! I lost almost all of my fanfics to that stupid virus... XP

Imakuni?
August 23rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
*excuse me* **** him. i lost my first website to that bum

digi-kun
August 23rd, 2004, 09:58 PM
Wow, that is crazy, how could a 19-year-old do that to Microsoft. That must have been one of those crazy computer genius'. That just goes to show you that anyone can basically do anything they want if they have the know-how.
dont sound too surprised hackers r evrywhere...(1/2 my friends r XD [not PC])
hackers obviously no how 2 make viruses...virus wars!!! XD

DarknessMonkey
August 30th, 2004, 10:49 AM
That Sucks **** (Please Excuse Me)
If That ***** Did Anything To Harm My Comp **** Him...
Although Could This Be
Never Work?
THAT ****HEAD...

MEGAS
March 23rd, 2009, 01:26 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3374215513_e3b947309e_o.jpgHopkins(Or should I say Jimmy Hopkins from Bully)does really deserves for what he has done.