PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about getting dirty?

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I just wanted to get people's opinions on this, How do you guys feel about getting dirty (example: playing soccer and slipping in the mud or if someone spilled soda on you)

Kenshin5
September 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I dont really feel anything about it.Getting dirty happened if I am doing work outside im probably going to get dirty so what do I wash it off and go about my business.

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I can't get dirty cuz then for some reason I get stared at even if its a little mark, and the majority of my clothes are expensive so.......... thats a problem.

Kenshin5
September 20th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I usually dont wear a shirt and if I do its a plain white shirt that probably cause less then 5 dollars.So im not too worried.

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
you mean you go shirtless when you go out? ppl say white shirts look good on me but I'm afraid of wearing whitle because one stain and it's done for.

Kenshin5
September 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I dont go out unless I have to for instance I only go out when im going to community college then when I get home I take my shirt off.I dont worry about stains thats what a washing machine is for.

Jubilation
September 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I hate it, by that I mean I'm impossible to get dirty >;

Guillermo
September 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM
This thread name sounds...wrong. Anyway onto the topic, I don't care, since I play Football as well as Basketball I am used to slipping in mud and getting dirty, it feels nice if you really think about it:)

Shadowwalker
September 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I dont really care about it it feels kind of funny

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
all my clothes are expensive name brand so it's hard for me to get dirty unless it's P.E and we run in the forest then I get dirty sometimes but I get grossed out even though I'm in my gym strip, but mind you I got my favorite sweater dirty when I went there for photogra[hy class.

Roy G. Biv
September 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Eh, I don't like having grits on my hands :p
But I'm not opposed to rolling around in the mudd
Or splashing in puddles <3

Kenshin5
September 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM
So are you like a clean freak?Were the slightest about of dirt or stain freaks you out.

Guillermo
September 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I am actually less worried about my clothes and myself getting dirty than my shoes. My shoes cost around $300 and I hate it when they get dirty:)

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM
yeah you could say I'm a clean freak, bit I don't mind getting my hands dirty working with clay or when I'm cooking as long as I wear an apron.

Kenshin5
September 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I am actually less worried about my clothes and myself getting dirty than my shoes. My shoes cost around $300 and I hate it when they get dirty:)
Yeah I agree I could careless about myself being dirty but I dont want my shoes to get really dirty.btw 300 dollars for shoes what a ripoff!

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM
those shoes could be namebrand, my shoes are also around $300, but I wear those to school rarely. I don't want them getting dirty.

Guillermo
September 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM
They are Nike Air Jordan's. They were reduced from $500 so I got a good deal, They have gold on em, little specks of gold:)

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I have 5 shoes, 3 nike and 2 puma, they're very expensive and I got them in a $300-$400 range, my most expensive are my blue and white puma shoes. they were around $390 so I NEVER wear them in gym class but then again I don't have any old shoes.

Master Electrician
September 20th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Let's see here... I love exercising, I work on cars, I work in the theater around sawdust, grease, etc., I'm a target shooter, whenever it rains you can find me either mudsliding or mudwrestling...

So no, I don't mind getting dirty at all. And my clothing reflects this, the most expensive pants I own (aside from formalwear) cost maybe $30. I get most of my clothing from the Army Surplus store.

Yu_&_Rei
September 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I can't stand mudwrestling, I saw these 2 guys doing that on my way homefrom school and they were Aqcuaintences of mine but they accidently slinged mud at my Ed Hardy Sweater which was very expensive, it was raining too so if only I put my umbrella to good use.

Amachi
September 21st, 2008, 12:15 AM
We get it. Your clothes are expensive. Did you post this thread just to tell everyone? Cause that's how it's coming across to me.

If you don't want to dirty them so badly then get some cheaper clothes that you can get dirty.

By the way, most things can be washed out.

And to answer your question, if I'm out and about it will irk me a bit if I dirty my clothes, but I forget about it fast enough. At home I probably couldn't care if I tried.

True Justice
September 21st, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty neutral about getting dirty. I'd rather stay clean but if I do get dirty, then I'll just take a shower like I do every day. So it's not that much of an inconvenience either.

popsicles.
September 21st, 2008, 02:03 AM
Uh, no. I don't like getting dirty xD
I'm a very clean & tidy person, so dirtyness is a nono :/

Sounds
September 21st, 2008, 02:59 AM
well it depends,if i was full of dirt in front of alot of people i'd be kind of embarrased
but if im with my friends i wouldnt care at all

Horizon
September 21st, 2008, 03:41 AM
I don't mind getting dirty one bit. It's especially cool when you play football after its been raining, do a slide tackle and then promply get all your side covered on muddy water. And I often walk around for hours before somebody points out that I've got a food stain on my jeans/shirt. I never notice them. =D

RYOUKI
September 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM
I rarel get dirty.

Tough I'm a klutz so in soccer, the most I do ( when I fell) is just moe on.

Spilling soda? CHANGE CLOTHES!

But for things that doesn't stain like water or maybe a bit of ink, I just ignore it.

Franceschi
September 21st, 2008, 07:13 AM
I don't have a giant problem with it. But I'd prefer it if I didn't have to deal with it. Getting dirty outside of the house annoys me even more 'cause you don't have anything to change into >>

Comical name to this thread by the way.

Confuse
September 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
If I'm happy, and I'm with friends that are gettin' dirty as well, no problem.

But if I'm feeling really bad and get dirty, I get ticked off really bad.

Aegis
September 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
The full extent of how dirty I get is if somebody spills a drink on me or something when I'm out eating :F Otherwise, I hardly get dirty when I'm out and about. Sports aren't my thing, so I don't really get muddy or dirty from those... and I don't really do anything else to get dirty.

Saryka
September 21st, 2008, 02:21 PM
I rarely get dirty either, but when I do, I HATE it. D: Like, even spilling water on my clothes counts as "dirty" for me, and I just feel very uncomfortable when that happens. I don't really do anything to get myself dirty anyway, so it's not something I really think about.

the bitter end.
September 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Well, i personally don't really care, others might disagree, but I think it's kinda stupid to freak out over a little dirtiness...

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM
I hate when things just fall on me.

especially on my white shirts >.<"

devilicious
September 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate getting dirty.

Sand, mud, paint, anything. It's horrid. ;w;

Yu_&_Rei
September 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm glad the sport I play which is tennis doesn't involve getting dirty. unless I fall sometimes (which I do if I dive for the ball and don't fo it right.) and then I'll be a little annoyed cuz I don't get that dirty but at parties I cannot get dirty otherwise I'll be REALLY embarrased.

Mariah Carey
September 21st, 2008, 08:06 PM
Bom chicka wah wah.

Oh wait, not that type of thread.

I'm fine with getting dirty, especialy in the shirt. Because then I can do a MJ.

Lover's Kite
September 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
They are Nike Air Jordan's. They were reduced from $500 so I got a good deal, They have gold on em, little specks of gold:)

I feel sorry for your parents. Their wallets must be empty :O

I can't stand getting/being dirty. Whether the clothes are expensive or cheap. If I get like one stain....I NEED TO TAKE A SHOWER. XD

I dunno...I'm weird like that :x

Archer
September 22nd, 2008, 12:58 AM
Dirt/Mud: meh...
Water: Yay!
Anything sticky (Drinks, food...): Get IT OFFF!!!!

Dirt and water don't bother me in the slightest, however anything sticky or germy irritates me. I have to wash my hands after eating, most of the time.

Metatron
September 22nd, 2008, 06:45 AM

those shoes could be namebrand, my shoes are also around $300, but I wear those to school rarely. I don't want them getting dirty.

Dude, who the hell spends that much for a single pair of shoes? Damn, the most I think I've ever spent for a pair of sneakers before was like, $95 ._.

Anyways to answer the question, I don't mind getting dirty ;D

...However, I try and avoid it all costs. I don't freak about about getting a bit of mud on me, but I wouldn't just run out and deliberately get myself filthy ._.

chanchimi
September 22nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Getting dirty? Well, I could say I try not to, but if I get dirty, hey. I get dirty. Not a big deal. I'd personally perfer to stay clean. I also wear lots of EdHardy, but if it gets dirty, eh. I'll get it washed. So, you could say that I'm neutral!

ErickaVolt
September 23rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Ew. Misleading topic. I don't want to get dirty at all. Even when I was in high school, I'm a clean person. It's a bit of disgusting to look. :(

Jeremy
September 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well sweeties, I rather not get dirty, but if I get dirty from playing sports or randomly get into a food fight and surived, I don't mind. XD I can stand being dirty to a point. XD

Harmony
September 25th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Well if I had to choose between being dirty and clean, I'd denfinantly choose to be clean.
But, if I were playing sports or something I wouldn't treat it as if it's the end of the world.

Yu_&_Rei
September 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Well I'm very careful about eating foods that can stain, Pasta sauce is something I'm afraid of because it happened to one of my shirts and it isn't really coming off.

Patchisou Yutohru
September 25th, 2008, 07:05 PM
In my opinion, clothes are clothes. Dirty or not. I don't have the slightest care in the world if my clothes get dirty from activities that I play and do. Having a little bit of nature on you isn't per say a bad thing at all and I don't see why people go shrieking at the slightest sign of dirty clothing. To me that's pretty pathetic. There's more in life to be worried about than getting your clothing getting dirty. Like people have said before hand, that's what the washing machine is for.

Well I'm very careful about eating foods that can stain, Pasta sauce is something I'm afraid of because it happened to one of my shirts and it isn't really coming off.

Scared of pasta sauce? Now that's something I haven't heard before. Perhaps Maury can help you out with that one, no? That's honestly something you should not be worrying about. Judging from your profile, you're 14 years old. You should not be spending your time worrying about if you are going to spill anything on your clothes. That's just a waste of time.

Black_Wolf
September 25th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Which is why I would always wear dark clothing when I was a child.

Seriously, if you are afraid of getting dirty, then you have not enjoyed life at it's fullest.

I, as a kid, was always out and about. I remember this one time I sank in about 3 feet of mud in what I though was a mere puddle. Did I freak? Nope. As a matter of fact, I played in the puddle with my friends for most of the day, throwing mud, fighting in the mud, just having fun.

And, of course, I grew older, and I went into the Marine's boot camp, were getting dirty was not so much promised, as 100% guaranteed. Did that ruin my experience or made me want to drop out? Nope. We did push-ups on mud puddles, and crawled in mud, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Then, came my tour in Iraq, where I was more worried about getting my butt shot off than to care about a little stain of dirt on me.

So, I don't really care. If I'm clean, YAY! If I'm so gross that my own dog wouldn't come near me, YAY again! I still enjoy myself, which I believe is better than any "Designer" clothing ever... But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy being clean, mind you.

kissing. raindrops
September 25th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I have pretty expensive clothes, so I care if I get em dirty? I hate feeling gross more than being dirty.

Yu_&_Rei
September 25th, 2008, 07:47 PM
the times I feel gross? when I haven't showered at once a day, when I feel like I have bad breath, (thats why you always should carry some gum with you ppl).

Stormer07
September 26th, 2008, 08:09 AM
i dont mind it- unless its like footy at school, and i have to sit through the rest of the days classes all mucky xD

Patchy
September 26th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Only if it's something that hardens on you, like ketchup. D=

Liquids are meh. If it's going to stand out, I'll care.

But there's nothing worse than having greasy hair. X(

Cassino
September 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I like being dirty, at the end of a day at least... shows I've actually been doing stuff.

I find people are overly fussy about dirty clothes, since they're going to wash them eventually anyway I don't see what the fuss is about. Washing unstained clothes, or clothes with only a few marks on them, is a waste of detergent.

Aizuke
September 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I guess I don't mind it, I mean it doesn't bother me, but I'll try to avoid getting dirty if I can. because my mum's a clean freak and she goes crazy over this stuff. >:[

As long as it doesn't smell though. D; I hate being dirty if it smells bad. :<

Kishijoten
September 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Getting dirty is not my thing, but if I do have to get it dirty like art projects from school, So I don't really mind getting dirty.

Yu_&_Rei
September 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
thats how I feel, Usually if I'm in art class working with clay I'll be wearing an apron and I won't mind if my hands get dirty with wet clay but one note is always use a hand moisturizer cuz my art teacher said you're hands would get very dry easily.

KLS 500
September 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Well, I love getting dirty because I will just shower if I am like really dirty like if there is dirt all over my clothes.

EvaXephon
October 2nd, 2008, 04:15 AM
I wash my hands ALL the time, almost obsessively, if I've touched anything that I THINK might be dirty, or shake someone's hands, or anything. It just became a habit of mine to stay clean and hygenic all the time. I don't think it's to the point of being OCD, but I can't stand knowing that I'm dirty. I can tolerate it, but if I can afford to slip away and wash up, I always do.

Azzurra
October 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
As long as I'm getting dirty while doing something I love, which is football, also known as soccer.

Fearless Love
October 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I don't care much about getting dirty. Heck getting dirty is part of my job. I fix cars and stuff since my dad can't fix them, so he can't run the buisness. so I get dirty on a daily basis, ain't no big deal!

Soul Eater
October 15th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Well, normally at home I wear a shirt that is already dirty. It is better because if I spill something on it or get it stained, I'm not worried about whether its a good short or not. I wear my anime shirts to be alot and also around the house so they get dirty pretty often.

I don't mind being a little dirty but I don't like being all sweaty and gross because I feel sticky and wet and its...bleh.

Kirakishou
October 15th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I HATE being dirty. I'm not a clean freak, I just don't like having stuff on me.

.Iramet
October 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I don't exactly like being dirty but I am not gonna be angry or anything if I get dirty.
But I do like sports and I'm not afraid to get myself dirty because I have to win at all costs!
XD

Michii
October 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Seeing as the most discusting bacteria crawls around your skin every second, and goes into your mouth when you eat fingerfood or when you lick your lips and there's nothing you can do about it!, dirt doesn't seem all too bad to me. :/

I don't like it, though.

GuardianofAuraGirl
October 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'd feel irritated and annoyed but if I really want to win something, I put that thought aside because I've got to win. To me winning something important to me is more important than getting annoyed at the state you're in!

Necromancy
October 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Eww, I hate it. I can't stand it, especially when it's got a horrible feeling like squelchy mud in your hands and stuff. >_<;;

Syrex
October 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I can't stand getting dirty.

If I don't shower 2 times a day and brush my teeth after every meal, I feel disgusting.

I have OCD. Haha.

Lusankya
October 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I hate getting dirty. I hate feeling greasy or oily or anything like that and I can't stand stains.

Charliezard
October 17th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm fine with getting dirty, it's fun...but I can't stand sticky O.o It REALLY annoys me...I can't explain why. So as long as being dirty isn't being sticky I'm cool with it :D
Edit - Post 100

Katnip
October 18th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I hate being sticky, too, because it gets all over everything and it's a pain in the butt to wash off. But I don't mind getting dirty at all unless I'm wearing nice clothes or if I'm with people who expect me to "act like a young lady".

Virtual Chatot
October 18th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I work on cars every chance I get, so I like getting dirty.

Greasemonkeys forever! XD

Charliezard
October 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I hate being sticky, too, because it gets all over everything and it's a pain in the butt to wash off. But I don't mind getting dirty at all unless I'm wearing nice clothes or if I'm with people who expect me to "act like a young lady".

I'm more likely to wanna get dirty if I'm around people who want me to act like a young lady... O.o that would just be weird, lol jokes... I just mean them "proper" people :P Show em how to have fun :D

levi022
October 19th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I just wanted to get people's opinions on this, How do you guys feel about getting dirty (example: playing soccer and slipping in the mud or if someone spilled soda on you)
i dont really mind lol...................

Charizard EX
October 19th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I really hate getting dirty. Hate it TOO much. It disgusts me even if some mud is stuck to my shoes. (weird, huh?) I avoid stepping on anything dirty.

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Misleading title a bit no? Anyweh nah not that much. I usually dont mind a stain thats tiny and 3-4 showers a week is fine to me.

Yamikarasu
October 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Depends on what kind of dirty. I can't stand being sticky. That's one of the reasons I never drink regular soda.

I can stand being unclean if its for sports. Otherwise it is just uncomfortable.

billionbucks25
October 19th, 2008, 06:53 PM
i dont want to get clothes dirty but they just do. The only time they get stained is from food...otherwise im nowhere near sports, mud or filfth. I dropped P.E so that's checked off my list aswell. But food stains are a part of me. Whether its curry(yes im south asian), chicken or coke..it'll dirty eventually.

I'm just happy I don't dirty my dress shirts as much. I style is informal formal wear like a sweater vest, dress shirt or sweater with collar ya i'm a nerd :)

Yu_&_Rei
October 19th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think dress shirts are nerdy, those are actually in style.

billionbucks25
October 19th, 2008, 06:56 PM
i guess but my mom hates it when I try to wear them to school.

Xenart
October 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I get pissed off. Because I don't like getting my closthes dirty.

Eternal Nightmare
October 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I really dont care about getting dirty because if I do I will take a bath that night. However, my only problem comes wehn i am wearing someting I like and it gets dirty.

billionbucks25
October 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
i used to think that the washing machine was the anwsers to all stains but when i turned 12, i realised it wasn't

Yrie
October 20th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Life happens, know what I mean?

You're not going to stay clean your whole life. Live with the fact and learn to deal, okay?

Lusankya
October 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Is OCD really a disorder or is it just people who can't stand being dirty? ;D

bugbite250
November 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I don't like dirty messes! If there is one, I have to clean it up right away!

Hawkfish
November 5th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Ive been dirty a lot in my life. Ive been raised in a job where you clean crap out of pen's everyday so.. No, but I perfer being clean.

cheese rox!
November 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Nice little thread name we have here...

I don't mind getting dirty, unless I have my "TOTALLYAWSOMES" clothes on.

Madridista
November 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I don't care if I'm dirty, even if I have my favourite clothes on. Not getting dirty while playing soccer, means that you're not trying your best :D

Mr. Curling Iron
November 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I care very little If I get dirty :/

♣Gawain♣
November 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Sometimes, when I feel I'm bored. I'd usually throw mud at a target a few feet from me.

Phixum
November 10th, 2008, 11:56 PM
ROFL!

Well, to me, it depends. If I'm going out, then hell yes it matters how clean I am. I love showering everyday and cleaning myself with soap and all. It refreshes it.

I only mind getting dirty when I'm playing a sport. Even then, I try to avoid getting dirty as much as possible.

Idiot!
November 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't care if I get to change soon. Or when I am looking at the bigger picture.

Pharue
November 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Lol I'm used to it (after crawling through mud w/ rifles, etc), so getting dirty's no big deal for me. Though, I don't like ppl spilling stuff on me or anything like that.