PDA

View Full Version : Emerald or FireRed

mischief4545
September 21st, 2008, 08:21 AM
I am about to get some money and I was wondering which one of these games people liked best.(I only have a gba sp because ds are overrated.)

Glitter Stain
September 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM
FireRed is much better than Emerald. Just the fact that it's in Kanto and Emerald's in Hoenn alone makes FR better. What's more is that FR has an entire "region" after the E4, while all Emerald has is the dumb Battle Frontier.

Sushi.
September 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
I have both of them also played with them too, and FireRed is better then Emerald. So FireRed I suggest to get.

braminoid
September 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Emearld is good for new Pokemon
Fire Red for better Pokemon.

GoodPokemonTrainer121
September 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
I have both..
so I guess Fire red is much better =D

Luck
September 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
i'd have to say firered.
It has the nostalgic, yet new(as in new car smell) feeling to it.
it has much more new areas, and they are really well designed.
emerald, it just has both teams as rivals and a big island known as battle frontier, which really isn't as fun as its cracked up to be.
so, i'd suggest firered, but thats just me.

ChamsRock
September 21st, 2008, 02:08 PM
Personally, I preferred Emerald better. Better Pokemon, higher leveled Pokemon and a better AI. The battle Frontier is fun too.

Yuoaman
September 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM
You can't go wrong with either, but Firered does last longer... But the DS is not overrated, it is worth all the money you put into it...

shanecdavis
September 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM
It really depends on what you want from the game. If you just want an in-game experience, then I would choose FireRed. If you want something more (better gameplay, smarter AI, unequaled breeding environment, excellent EV training process, an actually challenging competition in the Battle Frontier, among other things) than Emerald is the best choice.

ChamsRock
September 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
You can't go wrong with either, but Firered does last longer... But the DS is not overrated, it is worth all the money you put into it...

I think Emerald lasts longer with the battle frontier. Agreed with the DS statement.

seto9008
September 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
of course firered, it owns, and i like original kanto and johto better :D

Darklugia
September 22nd, 2008, 02:48 AM
Firered by far, but I'm biased in the fact that I don't own or have played Emerald :P

groudonlover
September 23rd, 2008, 12:07 PM

Yes... Money i dont have...
I bought Leaf Green with my last money!
And i am playing Ruby and it lasts longer than LG, but some people prefer old-new stuff...
And Hoenn's cities and paths is better!
Ok... now i am here, but now i cant get past the ghost in the stairs, because i need the Silph Scope i dont know where to get, so i go to Celadon(who can remember the name?) and buy a lemonade(for Y350!) i checked the internet that i needed(...) and go past the thirsty guard that STEAL my lemonade! and then i accidentally go to the gamecorner and defeat a trainer in there, find a secret switch behind a poster and press it, and stairs begin just magically pop up on the floor. Then i navigate trought the impossible slidingpuzzle and defeat a special trainer to get the liftkey and then it is a BOSSFIGHT!?

And all that to just climb some stairs
And your rival just pops up everywhere and kill you!

AND! The mew glitch doesnt even work anymore!

.Iramet
September 23rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
You should definetely get firered it has so much more gameplay and if you have never played the older first gen. games then it is perfect for you, and they also include the sevii islands which I find extremely awesome,because they include some johto pokemon. And if you have played ruby or sapphire it is basically the same as emerald except for the crappy battle frontier, so I think you should get the firered.
^_^

BeelzemontZero
September 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Fire Red

since our favourite is there ,Charizard :D

Mōnštȝr¿
September 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
fire red is the obvious choice!!!

J.M.
September 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I prefer Emerald since it's got so many unique and fantastic features, although FR is also pretty awesome.

BlueEew
September 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Well I have three FireRed games, and one Emerald. Does this answer your question? :D

ChamsRock
September 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
First of all, the quantity of games you have doesn't really matter. Besides, the topic starter has said he bought Leaf Green.

Skaterzpenguin
September 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Well if you like playing the old games from red/blue and such then I suggest getting firered, but if you don't care about the old games then get emerald. ;]

Ninja Caterpie
September 25th, 2008, 11:35 PM
First of all, the quantity of games you have doesn't really matter. Besides, the topic starter has said he bought Leaf Green.

Where did he say that?

Well, I prefer FR, but that's because ROM Hacking it is easier. It has longer and more fun gamepay but, due to the fact that I've only ever properly played Emerald, I'm a little biased. I'll still say FR.

.emerald
September 27th, 2008, 05:20 AM
FireRed is much better than Emerald. Just the fact that it's in Kanto and Emerald's in Hoenn alone makes FR better. What's more is that FR has an entire "region" after the E4, while all Emerald has is the dumb Battle Frontier.
Wow. Nice choice of words there.... Not another one...
FR has high level Pokemon which is good for training, but what happens if all your Pokemon are LVL.100? Trainer Tower? Off course not...

FYI- The Battle Frontier is one of the best places on could experience effective battle strategiesMaybe someone like you didn't even finished the Frontier silver, therefore adopting the thought of it getting boring... The Macho Brace is gotten earlier unlike FR, which provides earlier EV training, the Pokemon Contest segment is fun, berries adjustment & bases s well.

Personally, I think Emerald is better. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

mrpwnageisme1
September 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Fire red all the way dude and FYI: Ds's are worth the money

The Hero Without a Name
September 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Wow. Nice choice of words there.... Not another one...
FR has high level Pokemon which is good for training, but what happens if all your Pokemon are LVL.100? Trainer Tower? Off course not...

FYI- The Battle Frontier is one of the best places on could experience effective battle strategiesMaybe someone like you didn't even finished the Frontier silver, therefore adopting the thought of it getting boring... The Macho Brace is gotten earlier unlike FR, which provides earlier EV training, the Pokemon Contest segment is fun, berries adjustment & bases s well.

Personally, I think Emerald is better. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Many of which are banned. You're never going to see a Double Teaming anything, Stalking OHKO machines, or Kings Rock/Quick Claw anything in competitive battling because they're just cheapass.

Only thing that really challenges me about the Battle Frontier is the ridiculous hax the computers have. >.<

Stormer07
September 27th, 2008, 10:34 AM
i liked fire red the best- it reminded me of when pokemon started of! :)

Swampert 22
September 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Definately FireRed. Walking around Kanto reminds me of being a little kid with my Blue Version, plus you have the Sevii Islands to explore.

In my opinion, the colours in FR/LG are more vibrant that in R/S/E, which makes a big difference to the feel of it.

Saud-Blaziken
September 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I liked Emerald's story its nice
but firered was exciting
I would say emerald is better
my opinion.

Kishijoten
September 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I like Emerald better. Emerald has a good starting place
and the they have mixed Pokemon's from Ruby and Sapphire.