PDA

View Full Version : This Poem Sucks

Glitter Stain
September 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Sadly, this poem is no longer available. =[

Tamaki
September 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yknow, it's actually good... in an ironic way.

Syaoran
September 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
It actually has a very firm structure... (lol Tercets?)

I usually prefer when the message isn't so blunt and the poem makes me try to decipher it. But it works.

Glitter Stain
September 25th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Yknow, it's actually good... in an ironic way.
Lol

Can't you see
The irony

It actually has a very firm structure... (lol Tercets?)

I usually prefer when the message isn't so blunt and the poem makes me try to decipher it. But it works.
These are the only lines with a consistent structure:

Maybe I don't need to
This mess is fine
No need to clean up

If this makes sense
Sometimes imperfection
Is better than perfection

But that's not the point. The point is that it started out terrible, just to prove a point, and then became poetic in order to state the point.

Plus, there's really no need for every poem to be a puzzle. Sometimes it's better to just read something that spells out its point.

Syaoran
September 25th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I don't see any difference in the quality of this poem between the first lines and last lines. And by having all stanzas have 3 lines, you did give it some sort of structure/format, whether intentional or not.

Plus, there's really no need for every poem to be a puzzle. Sometimes it's better to just read something that spells out its point.

It's not a matter of what is "better", it's about personal preference. ;)

Glitter Stain
September 25th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I don't see any difference in the quality of this poem between the first lines and last lines. And by having all stanzas have 3 lines, you did give it some sort of structure/format, whether intentional or not.
Yeah, but if you didn't notice:
1) Tercets are rarely used repetitively as it's hard to create a proper rhyme scheme and rhythm pattern for them. They usually turn out choppy.
2) The first three stanzas I messed up on purpose. They're not fluid at all.
3) The point isn't that any point of the poem sucks. It's that imperfection doesn't mean something sucks.