PDA

View Full Version : Love--- does it hurt or not?

Ayoumi Hamasakie
September 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Many people today say that love makes them happy, but some of them cry a lot because of it. True, having a love (boyfriend/girlfriend) maybe inspirational, but there are disadvantages. So, what can you say?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Guillermo
September 25th, 2008, 12:15 AM
It can be good, and it can be bad. I mean, the benefits are having someone you feel like you can talk to, and trust with all your heart. But then BAM! What if he/she is cheating on you? How do you feel then? Crushed, that is how.

There is someone for everyone, you just have too find that person.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 25th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Love is great, however, it can turn sour for the worst.

When you love someone, it's like having a best friend, only they won't go away to do something else, etc.

they'll stick with you. It's the best kind of feeling.

However, if something happens to break that apart, (cheating, car accident, etc.) you're left heart broken. and you feel sad.

Love is great, but it also sucks. hard. T_T

Zet
September 25th, 2008, 02:23 AM
as the saying goes "sometimes love hurts" so pretty much things can go perfectly at times, but from time to time you'll go along a bump in the relationship and have fights etc so I guess you could say it's true that it hurts and it's true that it doesn't hurt

Innocence
September 25th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Ultimately, true love is love that only makes you happy. Unfortunately, very few people have access to that kind of love. But love is also part choice, not just a feeling. You can't divorce your husband/wife just because they do something you don't life. Sadly, a lot of people do these days.

Although, I could be talking rubbish, as, instead of the symptoms that are most common, I seem to get not many of those. Mostly. But I suppose my stomach is stronger than most. Bad grammar in this paragraph, can't be bothered fixing it.

-Ryan

Chaostorm
September 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
well i had been cheated by girlz so many times . i got so mad and said : ( ARRRRGH!!! from now on i hate girlz!!!!!!). and that was a long time ago. being so mad for a fake love.......

txteclipse
September 25th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Love can actually overcome or otherwise repair hurt in general. Love isn't necessarily all "happy fun time," though. A lot of actions performed out of love can actually be painful, even if they are ultimately for the better of the loved or the lover, I.E. "tough love." So I would say it can hurt, but that's a small price to pay for having love in your life.

Merzbau
September 25th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Love is a state of absolute passion and devotion. Love cannot hurt.
When infidelity occurs or otherwise, the bond of love is broken. Love did not cause it. Only lust, and greed.
Love is an absolute good, to be felt by all living things for each other.

Sounds
September 25th, 2008, 09:16 AM
it always depends on the loved one...

Snivi
September 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
This sums up my love life "All this time you were pretending ....so much for my happy ending"

My opinion is that love is not real except in fiction like songs, movies & books.

Ausaudriel
September 25th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Ultimately, true love is love that only makes you happy. Unfortunately, very few people have access to that kind of love. But love is also part choice, not just a feeling. You can't divorce your husband/wife just because they do something you don't life. Sadly, a lot of people do these days.

Although, I could be talking rubbish, as, instead of the symptoms that are most common, I seem to get not many of those. Mostly. But I suppose my stomach is stronger than most. Bad grammar in this paragraph, can't be bothered fixing it.

-Ryan

;3971073']Love is a state of absolute passion and devotion. Love cannot hurt.
When infidelity occurs or otherwise, the bond of love is broken. Love did not cause it. Only lust, and greed.
Love is an absolute good, to be felt by all living things for each other.
These two posts work well together. Prior to reading [sugarPUNK!]s post, I was going to reply to Innocence saying I disagree. Together, though, it gives me something to think about. :>

I guess you have a point, there. Love really isn't the direct cause of pain (the only way you could really blame it is if you were go in a huge loop, such as "I never would have loved them, and I never would have gotten hurt" => "well if ____ was never born, I never would have loved them, and I never would have gotten hurt" => "well if _____'s parents hadn't moved to ____ and then had _____, I never would have loved them, and I never would have gotten hurt" and so on and so forth.

I suppose directly, love isn't the cause of the pain.

(Angela your theme is... o.o)

THIRTY-SIX
September 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
It's a double edged knife.

Aurafire
September 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM
The benefits of love far outweigh the gains (IMO). Sure, there is risk involved. By our own nature, we hate putting our feelings on the line for fear of being rejected. But the satisfaction of being with someone who loves you drives us to actively seek it. And there will be break-ups, make-ups, tears, hours of talking, good times, and bad....but we do it because we hope that there is someone out there who is the one we've been looking for. The perfect match. I believe in my heart of hearts that there is someone out there for everyone, and that's why we should never stop looking for love =)

Cassino
September 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Love is just a part of the human reproductive cycle; nature's device to keep human mothers and fathers together as parents so that they'll care for their children properly.

It's the trust that entails love that results in its abuse.

Confuse
September 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Having love in your life is why I think we're on Earth.

But really, What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, NO MORE...

.inLOVE
September 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I currently have a boyfriend. It is cool because they buy you stuff all the time, but they sometimes cheat and break up with you "because it's not the right time".

Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!
September 25th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Funny, cause just today, my previously-subconscious lustful alter ego awakened, and-I don't want to talk about it. Much self-punching ensued.

marz
September 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Well personally I think that everything can't keep you constantly happy and can't keep you constantly sad; everything is just balanced out to keep your feelings, overall, neutral. Love is the same. Love can be an incredible feeling, but it's such a fragile feeling that barely anything can break or damage it.

As a teenager, you tend to over-react with some things and ignore the good something causes you and focus on the bad. Which is why you make such a huge deal about when you get dumped or something, you just think that things can't possibly get any worse and that Love is pointless and a waste of time because you always end up crying about it. That's not true, because you're ignoring all the good times you had when you were in love.

But I also think that you only have one true love in your life, and that's usually the person you marry or decide to spend the rest of your life with (if you don't wanna get married or whatever). Some people get married without thinking, and end up getting a divorce, but your true love is the one you stay with forever, through the good times and the bad.

Love is unlike any other feeling, but let's not forget: the bigger they are, the harder they fall...

Gumball Watterson
September 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Duele el Amor

I've always gone with that Mexican saying, I am going with it, and I will always go with it.

Love has just brought more suffering in my recent years, I am enduring it more this year, but in the past it was a mental and emotional chaos.

Hey, what can I say? The worst realization that a crush didn't like me was during the last school day in December, close to Christmas, which is supposed to be joy, and I even had a small gift bag of M&Ms for her, right before I was gonna give it to her, it happened. I held it untill I sobbed the Light Bulb In Spanish out of me at home.

Ever since, I never developed a deep relation to the girls I have a crush on...

Then again, I never tried flirting...

txteclipse
September 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, NO MORE...
Maybe we should really be addressing this. There's brotherly love, romantic love, agape love (or unconditional love), and possibly more. I think they can all hurt, but for different reasons.

marz
September 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Then again, I never tried flirting...

You probably have flirted before because most of the time you don't even realize you're doing it, and same goes for when you're being flirted with. It's much easier to notice flirting if you see someone else doing it to someone else. XD

peirateis
September 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
What most people feel which they refer to as 'love' is most often infatuation. In that sense, I agree with sugarpunk that true love can't hurt. However infatuation, crushes, etc. can hurt like hell.

suicidesal
September 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well I'm in a relationship and being with my boyfriend just makes me feel so content and fullfilled, but at times like now when he hasn't replied to texts, or made himself available to talk to it makes me feel sad/worried, because he typically responds within 20 mins.

Your question actually makes me think of I a song I learned in my korean class which is about love being light and darkness.

Harmony
September 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hmm..
In my opinion love doesn't hurt anybody or anything, people do.
I mean sure, when you're in love you're definantly going to have your ups and downs.
But if it's REAL love in the end it'll see the light of another day everyday, and thus nobody getting hurt.

Yu_&_Rei
September 25th, 2008, 07:00 PM
well, sometimes you can look for the one you love but if you're patient you can find true love, and with love sure theres may be lots of crying and arguements ut with the mistakes you make, you learn from them, I'm kinda in a relationship now and my older sister is helping me thru it.

kissing. raindrops
September 25th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Love is complicated... My friend doesn't believe in love. I dunno, I've had my heart broken so bad, I was dying inside. Right now I like a guy, but he's with someone. Yeah, it hurts. But I guess it's life.

Emii
September 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I think love can be the best thing in life, but also the most painful. Loving someone alot makes you so happy, but if something were to happen and you couldn't be with that person anymore, then it would be the most painful thing ever. Yeah.. that's what I feel, anyway =)

Yu_&_Rei
September 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
what I believe is that everyone has a true love and if you're patient you will find that person someday.

Black_Wolf
September 25th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I see a lot of responses by people in their early teens. My response to them is, just wait until you are older. When you are that young, one cannot distinguish between love and a simple crush. I have personally never seen a teen couple last long, heck, my cousin once dated this one guy for about 10 hours, and she dumped him because she suddenly, and I quote, "Didn't love him anymore, I like this other guy now." end quote. and she was 12!

Now, I agree with the whole concept of there being a right person for everyone... well, almost everyone. I believe that sometimes, some people aren't meant to love, which might be because he/she is too jealous or maybe way self-centered to care about a partner's feelings.

Personally, when my first girlfriend dumped me, I didn't feel bad. I figured that if she didn't care for me, so be it. I wasn't going to cry over someone that didn't loved me, who decided that someone else was better than me. Nope, I just got on with my life.

Chairzard
September 25th, 2008, 09:40 PM
well, sometimes you can look for the one you love but if you're patient you can find true love, and with love sure theres may be lots of crying and arguements ut with the mistakes you make, you learn from them, I'm kinda in a relationship now and my older sister is helping me thru it.

I'm sorry but women aren't good at assisting men with dating and relationships, if I listened to my sister I would have to put on my white knight armor and start sucking up to girls.It wasn't till i ditched all advice from women, and started learning from men, that I've met many girls and have had successful relationships.Things like not giving a girl a compliment till shes earned it, rewarding good behavior, for example, she dresses real pretty and looks good then reward her by telling her she is beautiful.Never spoon feed compliments or she will think she is the prize not you.I don't mean be a jerk or never listen to her, but in general you should be thinking of where to go and what to do.

Long story short the success to a long and loving relationship is with the man leading it.

Bianca Paragon
September 25th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah, love hurts :\ But it's kind our own fault we've got to the point where we can be hurt so badly, so quickly. In my view, love's potential to bloom has been diluted by our enhanced levels of communication opening the doorway to a bigger pool of potential partners...

I mean, in the past you got to know everyone your own age in your own community, and someone would click not because they were the one, but because they came closest to what you wanted in the choices you had. Now, with the internet, and mobile phones and video calling and multinational dating sites and chatrooms et cetera..we think we don't have to settle anymore, and we cast our net far too wide and far too thin..

Or to put it another way, we sow seeds far outside our potential garden and can't hope to water them effectively. So how can love grow?

Aegis
I'm going to have to agree with Ausaudriel, Innocence, and [sugarPUNK!] on this one. True love brings you a different type of happiness then what you've felt before love, and love itself doesn't actually hurt. It's how people in love react to each other, how attached they get to the feeling that love gives them that hurts. Greed drives you to try and hold on to the happiness and closeness, but it's when you don't get that closeness that it hurts. So, indirectly I guess love does hurt, but love itself isn't the cause.

And I know that probably seemed like some fortune telling incoherent babble, but oh well XD

Master Electrician
Love and pain are two faces on the same coin. You can't love without hurting. On the flip side, if you do truly love someone, it's one of the most joyous things I know of.

ErickaVolt
September 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM
You just have to find a right person. Me, I haven't in to this "love" yet. I still need to finish College and have a nice job.

Kishijoten
September 26th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Love doe's hurt, but again it depends on the person you are with
and if he/she loves you more or less.

KLS 500
September 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Love is alright because it depends on the person you are with. Once I had a girlfriend and she just did not like me so I just got broke up and waited until the next one showed up and I am with her at this minute.

helix
September 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM
My personal opinion is that love is a very strong form of physical attraction; basically that sort of 'meant to be', 'destined' force described in romance novels and movies doesn't exist. Scientifically, love is said to only last two years.
It's a feeling of its own; it's the circumstances under which it is felt that determine whether the entire situation is painful to someone or not. Basically, no. It doesn't hurt to 'fall in love'- it's merely other people and yourself that bring about the pain involved.

.emerald
September 26th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Well, I have a GF. I'll be honest, we never & will not break up until someones does something stupid to one another. If we do. IT HURTS-BAD.

Ayoumi Hamasakie
September 26th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Yume_mirai is right... some boys cannot be trusted a lot because some of them cheats, which hurts even more... a single ''thank you'' somehow hurts a bit. but it is ok cause there could only be one love..

.emerald
September 26th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Yume_mirai is right... some boys cannot be trusted a lot because some of them cheats, which hurts even more... a single ''thank you'' somehow hurts a bit. but it is ok cause there could only be one love..
Yume's gone... I do miss him.
You're surprisingly correct there.

Innocence
September 27th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I currently have a boyfriend. It is cool because they buy you stuff all the time, but they sometimes cheat and break up with you "because it's not the right time".

Nothing personal, but if you like someone because "They buy you stuff" it isn't love. All other posts like it, I didn't forget you, I just chose not to quote.

Ausaudriel, I'm glad I helped make you think. I seriously believe that we're all getting insensitive and unwilling to put anything into a relationship, which is why so many fall apart. If you don't think somewhere along the line, then you'll continue to follow the paradigm that we've all evolved to follow in the last 50 years.

-Ryan

Oh, black wolf, I failed to read your post. Even though you weren't targeting me, rather targeting young teens who talk of materialistic and love at first sight, I find the age stereotype a little perturbing. I'd just like to say that even if the mortal shell we call a body has only aged a decade and some, our souls can age and mature outside time.

Never judge a book by it's cover, people,

-Ryan²

...I've re-assessed your post, and found out that really, when I thought you were addressing young teens who take love rather lightly, I realize you meant only the latter part really. My apologies.

-Ryan³

EvaXephon
October 2nd, 2008, 04:14 AM
Every time I've ever felt infatuation for a girl, everything in my life immediately took a turn for the worse. I don't allow myself to get crushes or fall in love - it just winds up hurting me, or making the object of my affection feel uncomfortable.

Azzurra
October 2nd, 2008, 04:29 AM
I'm not a complete expert at this, but love may end up hurting people.
It depends if you're mixed in with the wrong crowd, and fall in love with someone who does not love you back.

But, love may be very special, if the person you love is genuine, and loves you back just as much as you love them.

>Feelings<
October 14th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I agree with most of what many people have said here.
I may not be the most intelligent one to learn about this matter from, but I'll tell this:
True love doesn't hurt. It's just that most people now calls crushes "love", but they won't last long in the long run.
Another thing is, love and relationship for sexual desire is not the same thing.
Yes, they can exist together, but the latter cannot exist on it's own for more than a little while.

And yes, there's someone made for another all the time. You just have to find them.
It wouldn't have been too hard if people weren't immature, and actually cared deeply for their love claim.

Oh, and my question to someone who was putting scientific thoughts into love in this thread: Are you heartbroken or something?:\
Science hasn't been able to prove god right or wrong. Same goes for love. And the rest is answered in my post already^

wobbadude1
October 14th, 2008, 07:53 AM
what I believe is that everyone has a true love and if you're patient you will find that person someday.

Couldn't have put it better myself! That's what I believe anyway...

It can hurt when you get rejected or dumped and you feel as if there is something wrong with you- even though there isn't! It's a horrible feeling!

Horizon
October 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
From personal experience, I can safely say that it does. I don't want to go into details, but love is not only a truly glorious thing when you eventually find it, it can be a very nasty feeling that turns even the most trustworthy people into the worst imaginable lying, cheating backstabbers.

Most people may not believe in fate, but I believe what happens happens, there's somebody for everyone and it'll be worth it when you find it/it finds you.

Banjora Marxvile
October 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM
... this is a hard question. In my experience, it can hurt. But only when rejected. Saying that, love can either make you feelvery good... or very bad...

Joey the Cockroach
October 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM
well, possibly something i will never experience... ah well.

i would say both. it could possibly be a great feeling, and when it hurts, it must hurt. must feel exactly like your heart is removed from your chest.

Unforgettable
October 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Love it amazing, it makes you happy, makes you feel free and see the world beautifully. Love isn't what hurts, it's people.

CHG-Swampert
October 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Love burns my eyes and my heart.

Disturbed
October 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
It hurts... badly.

Maybe a month and a half ago, I was dating this girl for maybe 2 years, and my friend heard her tell her friend that she'd kill herself if I ever broke up with her......

The story just goes on and on, and most of you probably don't want to hear that story, so the idea is: yes, it hurts.

ShadowDeeps
October 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Love, to me, reaches - through any art incarnation (whether it be music or visuals) - a range and set of emotions and a depth of bond that should be taken in earnest. It should be what the booming sun wishes to give in my eyes, not the vase that seeks to constrict flowers (though that would be tough love). It isn't a singular thing. If you aren't forgotten but can be reserved, then love can be a very empyrean and wonderful thing in my eyes. Though, I'm thinking more love and less pensive obsessions (which may border or reach possessiveness). As such, there is no unrequited love when love is mutual by nature, even if it leaves the greatest of scars.

It's also interesting how many wish they never hate or were hated, but how can you know love if you don't know hate? I see them as two sides of the same coin - and there are also emotions and things humanity has yet to divulge (or that hasn't been yet decided). Though, whether love hurts or whether it's good or bad? I suppose that ranges in opinion and construing.

Sublime
October 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Love hurts....most definatly...

just today, i got my heart broken..

Kricketune
October 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I don't think love is suppose to hurt, but rather selfish choices that are made in it, you know?

Yeah, I think I need to think that statement through, but for the most part I haven't been hurt by love unless there was a selfish act on my side or the other; and I mean that as the significant other sense. However, I don't really think it's like it.

It has it's ups and down for sure.

But I believe God is love, and He never intends to hurt any of His children.

Lusankya
October 14th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Love always hurts, because you can't have your love forever. Love means loss, loss means pain.

DarkWishes
October 14th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Well it all depends. It does for different reasons of different relationships. You can still love someone even though they cheated and you saw it. so it hurts to know that. It hurts to find out that the person doesn't like you too. During a relationship someone could be busy as well and etc. Love is the best and worst thing. It can make you all great, but it also can m,ake you cry more than ever.

ShadowofTime01
October 15th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Losing Love hurts, but it's such an amazing thing when it's real and it works. When you're right for someone else, everything around you seems to be absolutely amazing. Love gives you the opportunity to be completely open and vulnerable with someone else, and you lose that feeling that you're alone in the world. It's the only time you can truly be yourself. And when you lose that, you lose the one person you were able to confide in, share everything with, and that leaves a huge hole in your heart... but as long as there is love in this world, there is hope. Hope for me, hope for her, and hope for the entire world.

fade101
October 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Love is....... unpredictable...
Sometimes, it hurts you, a lot, and sometimes it might just be teh most sweetest feeling/thang ever...
If you know how to... nurture it, take good care of your loved one/s, it might not hurt you at all...
thats what im trying to do... and im giving it all i've got :D

Kirakishou
October 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I am going to assume that you mean romantic love, and base my opinion around that.

In which case I would say that yes, love does hurt, because it is not in human nature to do it. Humans are a cruel, uncaring and entirely self-centered race who are only in things for themselves. The "true" love spoken of in poems, stories and songs is an impossibility for humanity, because everyone puts themselves first. When people try to go against their nature, it WILL hurt, because they simple cannot do it and it is extremely frustrating when it does not yield the expected results. Love, or what is perceived as love, NEVER lasts, because it is never fully reciprocated, for you cannot know someone else's emotions or thoughts, and, unless you die at the same time as your partner, you're going to be left alone.

For love to NOT hurt, you have to have ABSOLUTE faith - an impossibility, because everyone doubts at some time or another - and/or just not care about what the other person thinks, which completely denies the point. Or you have to die before it starts to hurt. None of those are particularly nice options, in my opinion.

GOD DAMNED GARY OAK
October 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I've been hurt before. loves great when your having it but losing it is just too painful

~Mew
October 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
same here. love is great and can suck. i hate falling in love :(

Syrex
October 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I find it to be bad.

I thought I was in love once, I was wrong.

All we did was fight and jealousy.

I really hated it 5 months of hell,

Now, sex just complicates EVERYTHING.

It's best to wait until marriage.

.Iramet
October 15th, 2008, 02:52 PM
For me love is something you and a person share together and it can only be between two people that truly care about each other, therefore if you are hurt by a supposed love it is not true because the love was never there.

Sheruda Kachinuki
November 6th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Good question... as for me, IT DEPENDS, because WE RE ONLY HUMANS, and no one of us is PERFECT, so as for love, (and as for the problems they confessed to me) I believe it is both inspiring and hurtful.

Rockéttes
November 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Of course there's going to be some downsides; everything we do has something or other that makes doing it less pleasurable. I guess it really comes down to what love means to you. Personally, I don't mind having to put up with the drama and what not. True love is worth so much more than that, in my opinion.

So no, my answer would be it does not hurt.

Phixum
November 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Well, I've been in love a couple of times. Although these relationships were internet-based, I have learned so much. I think I've learned more that I would have learned if my relationships were "real-life"-based. I put "real-life" in quotation marks because I believe the distinction between the two "worlds" is an unfair stigma, and needs more thinking of what the REAL world truly is.

Anyways... back to love. Love is okay. It's good, but it's bad. It hurts, but it also heals. Love is just like anything else: it can be a bless and it can be a curse. In the end, it depends on who you are and whom you're with. In my case, my ex-gf was such a pain, and I could not get any attention, any comfort, or any good experience from her. Therefore, I suffered a lot because of her, and thankfully it's over now.

However, just because this is the experience I've been through in my relationships does not mean this is the general trend. I have seen many happy couples who have been nurturing their love for years and years. Although I've experienced negative relationships, I'm still hoping for a positive one! XD

prolific_rhapsody
November 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Love, is amazing. However, you have to BE in love, true love, for it to be blissful. And true love is very difficult to find.

Phixum
November 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Love, is amazing. However, you have to BE in love, true love, for it to be blissful. And true love is very difficult to find.

I agree. It's like finding a shiny pokemon in Fire Red.

Anyways, prolific_rhapsody, are you interested? ;)
Nah, I'm just kidding. I'm not gay, lol.

prolific_rhapsody
November 7th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Ahahahah funny. Neither am I :P. Sounds like Tila Tequila. "A shot at love! Are you interested?" XD.

It'd be interesting if there were a line, though, that defined love and puppy love.

Trap-Eds
November 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Here's a nice quote from Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy:

"Love is like a onion, Double D. The more you peel away its layers, the more it stinks." *takes a huge bite out of the onion* :laugh:

Hmmm, what is love? That's a hard question to answer, since you can love just about anything. And in differant ways, too. The love you have for your cell phone is different than the love for your best friend, and the love you have for your parents, and the love you have for your husband....you get the point. It's a REAAALLY complicated emotion.

CyberForte
November 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Love is a strong feeling, to my perception, of attachment and emotional dependance. As such, it is impossible to love without feeling pain as a result of caring so much. Be it a result of carelessness, disagreement, or even something just hurting the person you love, there are things which will hurt when you care deeply for someone, and if you cannot feel that hurt, then I cannot believe you truly feel that strongly. In my case, it can be overwhelmingly powerful to the point that even being apart bothers the both of us greatly, but I understand most lovedoesn't go to that level. Still. caring enough to say you love someone should and will mean there will be pain; it is unavoidable. What makes it worthwhile, though, is that the happiness, companioniship, the dedication and exclusivity and comfort that make up the positive effects far, far outweigh the painful ones, at least in a healthy, reciprocated relationship. Or, so my experience tells me.
-CF

Snivi
November 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Love - I don't think it really exists except in moves, songs and books.

World King
November 9th, 2008, 12:05 AM
From my experience, love is not always the one that does the hurting. Love is a wonderful feeling, when you feel that for the correct person. Otherwise, that's when it could end up hurting badly. Like me: in the last 6 people I've felt it for(girls, to be specific), I haven't seem to have found it. And each time, it hurts less and less...

But still hurts :(

Emilio
November 9th, 2008, 06:45 AM
It depends on the people, the feeling (love) is in there, the people are the ones who can destroy that love and turn it into hatred. But yes, love hurst or should I say, people hurt.

Spanish John
November 9th, 2008, 09:22 AM
When you see the one you love flirting with someone, it is enough to put a crack in your heart
But it can still be repaired
Even when you see a ring on her finger, it is enough to break your heart

Even when you see her kissing someone, it is enough to smash your heart
But when she says she hates you, your heart is gone
Beyond any hope of repair

Love. Wonderful. But when it's taken away from you, it hurts. Like hell.

It's different when you're ****/bisexual (I am the latter; EDIT: they won't let me post that? Oo), because usually you think someone of the same gender as you is most likely straight, but you keep trying. If they are straight, the rejection hurts double.

And it also sucks really bad when you develop a crush on a girl...and then her brother too. ;w;

But love...protect yourself, but don't be too protective. You'll find someone eventually. Just keep looking.

Franceschi
November 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
It's different when you're ****/bisexual (I am the latter; EDIT: they won't let me post that? Oo)
It depends what word you had typed. If it could be thought of as offensive, it will be starred out.

Anyway, back on topic, I've never fully had a grasp of love. From what I can see, it hurts and I've never met anyone who's convinced me otherwise. ;;

*MitSuKi*
November 10th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Love??? What the heck is that again?
He, sorry. Love is like...a bittersweet feeling. It feels so good yet it also hurts.
>.<

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Heh, Its kind of funny when it comes too love because its like a love hate relationship you know....one secound your happy to be in love and the next once someone you love does something wrong like cheat on you or give you a big problem you hate it, but ill quote something someone once told me before "Love isnt something you just do its an Ability that devolpes with the person you have feelings for" ^_^ thats just my opinion

Volkner's Apprentice
November 10th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I agree with what Audy came to realize on the first page. :mudkip^_^:

Love isn't the direct cause of pain after a relationship. I can safely say feelings can get a person really screwed up and it can take a long while to fully recover, but everyone heals in the end. Sometimes it can just take an understanding and appreciation to fully accept what you have as opposed to dreading what you've lost. Love can be found in all the little nooks we have on Earth, but it takes dedication, hope, and a little cleverness to find the right nook.