PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves?

Aurafire
September 25th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I was think about all the things that annoy me, so here we go! What are some of your pet peeves?

Some of mine are:
Smoking
When people do something really loud that wakes me up
Having to get up early
Losing pokemon battles =P
Being at college and not getting to see my friends >.<

Anyone else?

Yu_&_Rei
September 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Mine are:
Being lectured constantley about the same thing by my parents
being annoyed by my older sister
finding nice clothes but aren't in my size
having a short amount of time to study for a test
getting lots of homework
having to walk in the rain ( I get sick easily in rain if I don't have a jacket or an umbrella)
having to use the bathroom a bit later after I've already gone there
vacuuming
making a clay sculpture but it ends up burning in the oven
being around ppl who smoke and are egomaniacs
having to be waken up by someone early in the morning especially when I'm having a cool dream.

Master Jecht
September 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Slow drivers
Old people
Snoring
homework
waking up early
chores
getting gas

Black_Wolf
September 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Hippies and Liberals- I fought in a war and I get a paycheck every month, but these people think I don't deserve it. to hell with them, I say.

Mexicans-Yes, I hate my own people. I don't know why. I guess it's just natural to hate each other.

Shopping with my Girlfriend- I HAAATTTTTEEEE it so much. I don't care if it makes your butt look big, just buy it and let's go!

Over sleeping- I feel that if I wake up at 11 am or 12 pm, I already wasted my whole day.

Government-sponsored financial bailout plans- That is just retarded! Let the economy take it's course.

A single person riding in a Hummer- What are they trying to prove?

Loud, obnoxious kids in restaurants.- Can't control them? Then leave the brat at home next time.

Gangsters- They look like clowns to me.

Guys wearing their pants low- Seriously, belts aren't that expensive!

My girlfriend's parents- They hate my guts....

My Girlfriend's brother- Tried to jump me five times before he realized he was no match for me. Still an annoying little brat.

Experimenting in the kitchen. Aka cooking- I simply can't do it.

Gunn
September 26th, 2008, 02:01 AM
- Kids,
- Doing laundry,
- Use of the word "guestimate,"
- Those who think that the attacks on Sept. 11 is an inside job and always refer you to some crappy college project movie like Loose Change or Zeitgeist--only shows that they can't perform a proper debate,
- People with no manners,
- Scientologists, haha, no wait. They're only good for a source of entertainment,
- Cats,
- Bad drivers

and other things I can't think of right now..

Sexycheese
September 26th, 2008, 03:05 AM
I hate.....
Cheap Cheese
Bad drivers
Incompetence
and Bad coffee

fudgy
September 26th, 2008, 03:14 AM
condensation around the drinks (gets all over you and the table, its so annoying)
friends who ditch/friends who use you
when you turn in a paper and then continue a paper on a bigger size paper (those big ones taht ppl have, i hate that)
out of order things, or things that are not placed right
chairs that are attached to desks.
low pants. (for everyone)
high shorts above knees (for guys)

Avey
September 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Online, I hate it when one posts a fan fiction, gets reviewed and is told to improve and responds, telling the reviewer to stop being so mean and that he/she doesn't care what anyone thinks about his/her story.

Offline, I can't stand it when people talk about anyone behind their back. If you can't say something negative about someone to his/her face, don't say it at all.

Confuse
September 28th, 2008, 11:01 AM
People who yap on the phone when shopping. Just shut up, please.

People who yell at you when you're 5 inches away.

Girls with short hair(I love the sexy, long hair of girls. Girls shouldn't look like guys.)

On the same token, guys with long hair.
"What a beautiful little girl." "He's a boy." "Sorry."

Guys with high voices. Somtimes it's not their faults, but "homosexual" keeps flashing in my head everytime they talk.

There are more, I just can't think of 'em.

Melodyfree
September 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
A single person riding in a Hummer- What are they trying to prove?

Loud, obnoxious kids in restaurants.- Can't control them? Then leave the brat at home next time.

Gangsters- They look like clowns to me.

Guys wearing their pants low- Seriously, belts aren't that expensive!
This. To the millionth power.
But there's more:

Families with more than 3 kids - Seriously. The planet is overpopulated as it is. Do we REALLY need that many more brats to put up with? Every time I see families like these I want to castrate the parents and throw at least 2 of the brats off a bridge, especially if they're loud and obnoxious.

Snobs - There are a lot of these in my school, and I'm not talking about the cheerleader stereotype. These people will say the nastiest crap about people they barely know (i.e.: Me) just to inflate their own egos. I hate all of these bastards and I hope they get devoured by hazardously poisonous snakes.

Chat Speak - Particularly the type of bastardized 1337 that people on Myspace (ie.: All of my classmates and their mothers) use to make themselves come off as gangsters (see: retarded). This includes AlT CaPs, replacing s with z and r with a and y with this 'ii' bull, ALL CAPS, severe butchering of simple words, replacing 2 and 3-letter words with txt talk, etc. Real gangsters would be outside popping caps in people's arses or something, not making fools of themselves through the interwebs.

People who can only talk about themselves - If I cared to hear your life story, I'd ask you. I'd also appreciate it if YOU WOULD LET ME TALK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.

Getting ridiculous amounts of homework - If kids are too young and fragile and easily influenced to, say, be able to stomach adult themes on a children's TV show, WHY do you try to destroy our brains like this? D: I don't get home from school until 4 (sometimes even 5) WITHOUT going anywhere else, have an early curfew and do you honestly expect me to blow my whole day doing what I just came home from doing? Give me a break.

Most Dominicans - SHUT UP! I CAN HEAR YOU FROM 4 MILES AWAY! WHY IS YOUR RADIO UP SO HIGH?! TURN IT DOWN! WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, LEARN HOW TO SPEAK PROPER SPANISH!

Myspace - It's spelled LADY. Not 'Ladii'. That's not a word. No, you shut up. I hope the snakes eat you too after they're done with the snobs. Hold on, I need to go register you along with all the other "Ladii_Shadow"s. #99004678311, was it? You don't need that much glitter in your profile either. It's freezing my computer up! I don't WANT to see pictures of you making out with your boyfriend/girlfriend. Or your cleavage, or you making some stupid pose while fully displaying your underwear. Whatever happened to layouts that weren't black and *insert eye destroying neon color here*? You're not emo, you're not a gangster, and you're not black. Your skin is lighter than mine, you poser.

peirateis
September 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
- People who seem to think that there's something wrong with smoking.
- People who disagree with me.
- Pink Floyd.
- Congress.
- Time.

Josephine
September 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
People who don't just shut up about smoking, even after they've made their point, and you've moved away from them.

Punctuation in posts.

People who are exsessivley loud.

People who patronize me.

One of my best friends as recently started to do the last one on my list. Ass-hole, he won't last long.

Jorah
September 28th, 2008, 01:35 PM
- Smoking (family of smokers, people who smoke over me annoy me)
- Shopping with family
- Hypocriscy (which I really am)
- Using imperial measurements (only for some things)

Mr. Curling Iron
September 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
People who arent Generous... but always ask you for money... GAH! Thats pretty much self explanitory D:

Drunk people... (Actually... anyone that drinks more than 2 glasses of alcohol)

Those smokers that smoke in public places... GOD! DO IT IN UR HOUSE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...

Smokers in Trains/Buses/Train Tracks etc (ITS ALREADY ILLEGIAL AND MAKE IT WORSE)

Those old 30+ year old women that are oviously too ugly to be helped without spending thousands on cosmetics... but you see them trying on clothes that wouldnt fit them if they expunged half the stuff in their body.

Annorexic girls... (EAT DAMMIT UR NOT GUNNA BE UGLY IF UR NOT A STICK)

Annorexic guys... (WTF.)

Teenagers that always show off... (not the tiny showing off like... playing with an expensive fone, or talking loudly-ish with mates... the ones that just walk around with hundreds of dollars... but SHOW it to everyone... Shouting in the day... GAH! ETC. ETC. ETC.)

People that tell you that you cant sing... (STFU MATE! WDC!)

When people tell you off when ur trying to do something good >.>

Happy Dude
September 29th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Oh Boy how I have waited for one of these threads.

-Cassidy (floyd 4 lyf)
-Rap
-hip hop
-ITUNES (Sync and delete all my songs again why dont you)
-Santa (Thanks for the lame whistle)
-Average 12-13 year old boys (No you aren't cool)
-Teenage girls (No your myspace piczzzzz are not hawt)
-smoking
-drinking
-people who tell me to do something (I'd do it myself if i really wanted it)
-Halo 3
-Kevin Rudd (WHERE IS MY FREE LAPTOP RUDD YOU LIED YOU SNAKE)
-Animie (never really got into t3h Naruto metal jacket cartoon stuff everyone is so 1337 about
-Greenpeace
-Vegetarians (We were designed to eat meat not plants)
-People against stemcells
-Baby's
-Loud noises
-Bright lights
-Religion (Sorry if this is offensive, Will delete)
-Err yeah I could go on.

Actually just add the world to the list..The world Peeves me off. Of course I could read more but my fingers would fall off before I could finish.

Trap-Eds
September 29th, 2008, 08:04 AM
When people annoy me just to get a reaction. GRRRR!!!!
Kids and teens who think they own the world. They give America a bad name.
When someone says "like" after every two words.
Cartoon Network. Yeah, they'll still air Tom and Jerry but kick off all the other awesome shows???????
When grownups think kids don't know ANYTHING, especially when the kid knows more than they do.

Actually just add the world to the list..The world Peeves me off. Of course I could read more but my fingers would fall off before I could finish.

I hear ya.

the bitter end.
September 30th, 2008, 04:57 AM
All right, it's a relatively short list...

1. My Brother's Singing - He really sucks at singing, but he thinks he's really uber good, so he'll never shut up.
2. Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers Fangirls - Gosh, everyone every female I know in RL is obsessed with the Jonas Brothers, and loves Hannah Montana, it's not that they're bad, it's just that they're over-rated.
3. Retards that think China and Japan are the same thing - This one's the last one! Well yeah, nobody seems to get the fact that China, and Japan are two separate countries and I come from the latter. (S'true)

Master Electrician
September 30th, 2008, 02:48 PM
People who look at me like I'm a lower form of life for smoking.
ATM machine and PIN number. Think about it.
René Descartes.
Gangstas.
Campus Security.
CRJ Bombardiers.
Noisy drunks.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota.

Confuse
September 30th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Girls who say "like" too much when they talk. It's worse then "um."

People who expect me to do things for them, like at school. Lazy, brainless people.

Like Black_Wolf said, guys that wear their huge pants below their waist. Guys, COME ON. Hike your pants up, or pull your @$$ down. And buy a freakin' belt. They're not that expensive.

People that try to be annoying to get attention.

People who swear 'cause they think it makes them cool.

Trap-Eds
September 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Drunk drivers. Why is it that 99.9 percent of the time, a drunk idiot comes barreling through traffic and kills half a dozen people, yet somehow manages to walk away??
And what's worse, the most that they probably get is a FINE.

EvaXephon
October 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM
When people say "could of" instead of "could have".

Or say "fertography" instead of "photography."

And so on. Common grammar / pronunciation mistakes.

Confuse
October 2nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
The labels in the back of the neck on a shirt. I want to shank the people who came up with that. Thank God people are making the info sewn into the shirt.

When I drop something for no apparent reason. My hands are sweaty or somethin'.

People who walk up to your front door, trying to sell you something you either 1. Don't care about, or 2. Can't afford. Please go away, people. No thank you.

Just go.

Trainer Kat
October 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
- People who seem to think that there's something wrong with smoking.

Seconded. I HATE it when I'm outside and someone walks by and does that obviously fake cough (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about). I've even gotten 'smoking kills' added after the cough. -_- Hello, I'm outside, thank you. I know that smoking kills. I never smell like smoke. Whenever someone walks by, I make sure I don't take a drag so that I'm not blowing smoke in their face. I've never understood why non-smokers feel the need to be rude to smokers, when most smokers are really considerate. I stopped smoking a week ago though, so I suppose it really doesn't matter anymore.

Other than that, I detest:
- Chatspeak
- My suitemate, who slams the bathroom door every time she pees!
- Feet. My friends know this and they take their socks off and touch me, and they're all guys, so their feet are really nasty. :S

Lusankya
October 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Smokers, stubbornness and stupidity in general, slow and bad drivers, ignorance and gullible people, and conspiracy theorists.

Victoria~
October 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
~ GETTING UP EARLY, ARRRRGH. I hate it so much. WHY, WHY there isn't high school at afternoon?? Why school must be at 7am ? I have extreme bad mood in the morning. Extreme.
~ Maths. Not aaaaaall the things at maths. Some are pretty cool (like trigonometry, so nice *--*). But algebra.. Algebra is my sin. I can't stand!! I hate the teacher aswell :3 (I'm such a adorable girl..)
~ People who says that my family is weird. Just because it is kinda big. hmpft.
~ Feet. iiiiirrrc~ Feet in general are totally gross.
~ Smokers. Wanna smoke, kill your lungs, FINE, but keep your stink away from me.

Seconded. I HATE it when I'm outside and someone walks by and does that obviously fake cough (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about). I've even gotten 'smoking kills' added after the cough. -_- Hello, I'm outside, thank you. I know that smoking kills. I never smell like smoke. Whenever someone walks by, I make sure I don't take a drag so that I'm not blowing smoke in their face. I've never understood why non-smokers feel the need to be rude to smokers, when most smokers are really considerate. I stopped smoking a week ago though, so I suppose it really doesn't matter anymore.
Noo, it's not that the non-smokers are being rude. They just wanna to make clear that cigarrettes smell horribly. Like, ok, you're smoking outside, not blowing smoke on anyone's face.. but, I don't know, the smell spreads like fire... plus, it kinda sticks on you, I don't really know how to explain.

Lusankya
October 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
~ GETTING UP EARLY, ARRRRGH. I hate it so much. WHY, WHY there isn't high school at afternoon?? Why school must be at 7am ?

Oooo, very much seconded. I am not a morning person at all...

Trainer Kat
October 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Noo, it's not that the non-smokers are being rude. They just wanna to make clear that cigarrettes smell horribly. Like, ok, you're smoking outside, not blowing smoke on anyone's face.. but, I don't know, the smell spreads like fire... plus, it kinda sticks on you, I don't really know how to explain.

xD Really? See, I've loved the smell since I was a toddler. I was a theatre girl all through high school, and the majority of the actors smoke, so I suppose I've just always been used to it.

Peanutz
October 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I hate school. Yeah, I know I need it to have a good future and blah, blah, blah, but I feel it wastes my time and is boring. (Even though I love science.)

When my cats throw up on the floor...

Getting up early. I agree with ~Victoria when I say this....WHY!? Why must we get up at 6:30 in the morning?!

Gangstas. I just don't get it.

Drinkers.

Smokers.

People who are 4 inches away from me and shout like I'm miles away. (My younger brother is a perfect example of this...)

Math. I hate everything about it, even if it is important.

Lucy Lu
October 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
One of my major pet peeves is when people don't put things back where it belongs. If they don't want it, they just put it anywhere. What happens if it is a cold item? It will spoil, and we will lose money. And also they eat the stuff before they pay for it. x.x I just wish that they will go back to the aisle and put the item back! It isn't that hard. Or get one of the partners to put it back for you. Just don't throw it by the magazine rack. @_@

Clevink
October 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I got quite a few:

Modesty. Some people seriously need to learn what the word means. I understand wanting to tell people your talent, and that's fine in a tactful and not obnoxious manner, but when somebody says to me, "Yeah, I am SO GOOD at singing/acting" it just drives me up a wall. >.< (I'm one of the drama geeks at school :))

1337 speek: Liek oh em gee guyz teh speel chek isnt hard 2 find lrn 2 use it pl0x lololol

Whiny kids in restaurants: This has been mentioned a few times, but it's one of mine as well. I have a three year old sister, and sometimes kids just get restless. The parent should then whip out the kids' handy-dandy activity bag and get a coloring book. The said kid then becomes involved in coloring and stops whining. Simple.

People saying 'your mom': Don't even get me started on this one.

People making fun of each other by saying they're 'emo': This one REALLY bugs me. I just can't stand it, because, for one, it's not emo... It's depression. Depression is very serious and shouldn't be taken lightly at all.

Yeah... Lotsa things bug me :P

Edit: After reading other people's I remembered more:

Morning's need to go die. 'Nuff said.

Judging people: Just don't do it...

Master Electrician
October 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Eeerm... Gonna have to disagree. I make very sure not to blow in people's faces, always ask if it's okay to light up if there's a non-smoker around, keep my clothing washed and for the most part, free of stale tobacco smoke, and don't create butt-litter. And I still get people reaming me out about it, when they're 30 feet away and can't possibly smell it. It's a matter of intruding on my personal choice, especially since where I live now, there's no smoking area for us to go and non-smokers to avoid. Yelling at me about it is just plain rude.

I will say that some aren't rude about it, just as some smokers are. But to say that all non-smokers aren't being rude and are just trying to make a point is a flawed statement.

Lusankya
October 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Some people in every kind of catagory imaginable are going to be rude, some non-smokers will be rude, some smokers will be rude. I personally don't even want to be in the same room as a smoker, but that's just me. I'm not going to go tell them to stop smoking unless the smoke's getting in my face, and for some reason I can't simply leave.

.Iramet
October 15th, 2008, 01:51 PM
You now what really gets under my skin?
When people are one way around certain people and another with other people!
In other words FAKE!
It makes me so mad.

GKS
October 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
People who scream loud really annoy me.

Lash
October 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Those who use others for personal gain
People who lie in a situation for their own convenience
Mondays
People who don't take no for an answer

So, not much XD

Gerri Shin
October 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM
things that make me cringe are:
Babys/ girls really high pitched squeals
people who think they are all that and better than everyone else in the world.

Kirakishou
October 15th, 2008, 10:06 PM
- Smoking. I don't really care if people want to do it, I'd just prefer that they don't do it next to me.
- Lying. When people deliberately lie, or evade the question, I tend to get irritated very quickly.
- People starting conversations with me when they have nothing to talk to me about. Its always the standard, insincere questions, ie "How are you?" - don't ask if you don't care. Yet people always ask.
- People saying "Can I ask you a question?" - they'll ask it anyway, and...didn't give me much choice there, did they? Bravo.
- Chatspeak. For the love of the Gods, TYPE PROPERLY. A few spelling mistakes are to be expected - after all, English isn't everyone's first language. But that is NOT an excuse to mutilate the language. It is NOT.
- Disconnectors. If you don't like losing, don't play the game. So long as you play something, losing is always going to be a possibility.
- Children under the age of thirteen, in general. That said, I have some friends who are under that age, but this is a generalization. The majority of children under that age (in fact, under the age of sixteen) are moronic chavs.
- Angst. For hell's sake, does nobody suffer from REAL depression anymore? Stop your bloody whining and get on with your life. EVERYONE goes through difficulties, but you don't see us claiming depression as an excuse to get out of it and gain sympathy from everyone else.
- Self-harmers. This is the very lowest of the low. You want to kill yourself? Fine. Get on with it. Die silently, if you don't mind, because nobody gives a damn.
- People who make a promise and then break their word. If you give your word, you keep it. Simple. If you don't...words cannot describe the disgust I feel for these people.
- People telling me to "cheer up" - I'll cheer up when I have something to be cheerful about. I'm not going to do it just to make you feel better. You don't like it? Piss off. I'm not forcing you to stick around. I never even wanted your company.
- Suffocating friends. Friends are fine and all, but I don't want to spend every second around them.
- Expectations. I'm in life for myself and I'll not meet anyone's standards but my own.
- People who presume to know what I'm thinking. So, you can see inside my mind now, can you?
- Summer. Honestly, what is so great about the summer? Its bright and hot, which leads to dehydration and headaches. Its miserable.
- Being woken up in the morning by my little brother. I'm awake early enough as it is, I don't need him to pull me back from the abyss a few minutes earlier...
- Incompetence. If you're going to do it, do it RIGHT, or at least to a respectable standard. Freakin hell.
- Jehovah's Witnesses who make door-to-door calls trying to convert people to their faith. You want to be religious? Fine with me. But show a little respect to those who don't, if you please.

I suppose to condense it down, everything pisses me off.