• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Hassle in the Castle" Episode Discussion

Years
Here is where you can discuss a dark and stormy night inside a labyrinth in "Hassle in the Castle."

My review to come forthwith.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
What's with all of these no talent episodes? You think the "Original being the Best" would come up with good, memorable episodes.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Is this that episode where Jessie gets a mask and can't control people outside the building?

Officer Jordan

never a good post
Years
Hassle in the Castle, if I remember correctly, is the episode where Brock's Zubat evolves into Golbat.

"Control Freak" is the one where Jessie wears a mask, and it's the one where Golbat evolves into Crobat.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
No wonder no can remember this episode Officer, who cares for Brock's Golbat or Crobat... or Zubat? The poor thing was treated worse than Chimchar while he was with Paul.

Years
What's with all of these no talent episodes? You think the "Original being the Best" would come up with good, memorable episodes.

Hey, I just cover them -- go yell at the producers.

Anyway, I remember this episode well enough, as I kept botching the taping process. So, yeah, I remember it well.

I actually enjoyed the motto this time around.

Jessie: to keep from scratching (or something to that effect)

James: to save us from Jessie's, er, complaining.

You make the call, there. Hah.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
*pokes episode with a 30-foot pole*

I don't want to rate this episode. If I do, it's rating would be:

Rating: 4/10 maybe a 6 at most.

Years
When I first wrote the episode synopsis, I almost wanted to comment on the Scooby Doo facets. Lost in a castle, the gang splitting up, the mystery of the castle/labyrinth -- doesn't that sound like a Scooby Doo episode to you? Heh.

Ironic, as I hate Scooby Doo. Oh, well.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
How can you hate Scooby Doo? Scooby is a legend in American cartoons.

It does sound like it though. Except they didn't solve the mystery.

Years
How can you hate Scooby Doo? Scooby is a legend in American cartoons.

It does sound like it though. Except they didn't solve the mystery.

Because the animation is so lackluster? Because the premise is so contrived? Because they often axed all but the popular characters? Ironically, I did like it as a kid, then I grew up.

Yep, our kids never did solve the mystery. Lazy writers.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Scooby dooby doo, where are you? I forgot the rest of the lyrics...I used to watch it a lot, but the old ones are quite odd, the characters are kinda inanimate. Hanna Barbera one's are quite odd, the Flinstones has music ALL they way through (so annoying) and the infamous moving-the-background around and around. I'm sure Pokemon must do that with the trees, the same trees in diffeernt eps I mean, not on a loop.

This episode actually sounds interesting, going around a hanuted house (why didn't theyy show the Old Cheatau in DP??)

Years
Scooby dooby doo, where are you? I forgot the rest of the lyrics...I used to watch it a lot, but the old ones are quite odd, the characters are kinda inanimate. Hanna Barbera one's are quite odd, the Flinstones has music ALL they way through (so annoying) and the infamous moving-the-background around and around. I'm sure Pokemon must do that with the trees, the same trees in diffeernt eps I mean, not on a loop.

This episode actually sounds interesting, going around a hanuted house (why didn't theyy show the Old Cheatau in DP??)

Indeed. In a way, I'm a sucker for that old Hanna-Barbera look, except in Scooby Doo. I don't know why. I'm a bad, bad man. Well, I dont know if Pokemon intentionally does that, but you can argue the same amount of cheapness.

(Because the writers forgot?)

Vernikova

Banned
Years
Celedon? Yes. Saffron? Bar the battle. That's it. Pewter? Yes. Cerulean? Yes. Vermillion? I'll give you that. Viridian? Definite yes. Fuschia? Of course.

Looks like it for Kanto.

Years
Celedon? Yes. Saffron? Bar the battle. That's it. Pewter? Yes. Cerulean? Yes. Vermillion? I'll give you that. Viridian? Definite yes. Fuschia? Of course.

Looks like it for Kanto.

No Cinnabar? Heh.

Anyway, as for Johto (of the three Gyms covered, so far), well, Violet was handled well. It was alright for Azalea (barring the GS Ball wankery), too. I'm debating on Goldenrod, as it could have been done better.

Not that I was crazy about the other Gym cities, either.

Back