PDA

View Full Version : Has PC changed to you?

flight
September 29th, 2008, 08:46 PM
This question is directed at the PC veterans. Cheeb and Ray, if you don't find this fit for this section, then move it if you will, or close it if it's completely deemed unfit.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about this for quite a while. For those people whom were at PC at 05 and earlier, has PC changed to you? Whether it may be significantly or not at all?

For me, I'd say it changed a great deal since I joined. I must say, I missed a lot of people that joined and were active during my time there at PC, and it feels really, really different without them now. D:

Also, I would like to point out that there would be no "LOL DUH IT CHANGED". I would assume that it didn't change for some, and really comments like that are unnecessarily anyway.

So what about yourself? I know it probably isn't right just to target this thread directly at PC veterans, but I wanted to get it from their point-of-view, really.

As for the other members(who joined in 06 or later) I've decided that you could also post here, if you noticed any changes within PC. D:

Actually, anyone could post whether PC has changed whether they have joined or not, to make this less confusing.

mystletainn
September 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Well... since you're so graciously letting us newer members post Derrick (and seriously, I thank you for this opportunity of letting me post in your thread), I've noticed a change in my obviously short duration of time here.

The Strategies and Move Sets section has changed greatly. More intense scrutiny by Smarties, Dark_Azelf, BeachBoy, and I has shaped it into an organized forum compared to what it used to be. Some may disagree with the changes (such as Moderator Approval for all threads), but I think there's more to gain from that forum.

Also, with the addition of upgraded profiles, groups and such, there is more interaction between members.

Then again, these changes may be considered minuscule in comparison to that vast knowledge you members from April 2005 must hold.

Forever
September 29th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I... don't even really remember PC when I joined. BUT! April fools have gotten increasingly worse since 2006's.

Aaaand... the staff have gotten stricter/less lazier?

Oh and PC felt... closer or something to me back in early 2006. Meh, that's all I feel like remembering back on. XD;

Klippy
September 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
That's cause you're hateful, Nica. PC loved you once, now you're just like a bad wart.

Also, I would have to say that even from '06 it has changed greatly, just like I have changed.

I remember the first year I spent at PC was mostly in the Sprite Comics section, but even that place has changed. It started off very active and really popular, but now it's basically a ghost town (at least, last time I checked) and I'd have to say that I'm glad I got out of that little phase. XD

That's my input. D: It's really small, because I'm sick and not thinking properly. >: So, if I feel the need to re-edit this tomorrow when my brain is working better, I shall. :D

Forever
September 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
That's cause you're hateful, Nica. PC loved you once, now you're just like a bad wart.

PC has no reason not to love me... -cough-

And, I just realised something good that changed since I joined, I met Jess and Malyka <3

Hiidoran
September 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Hmm... Has it changed?
I suppose it has changed at least a small amount, however; I'm not quite sure if I even qualify as a PC veteran as I don't much remember the time when I joined. The community has definitely grown a lot more since then, and there are definitely more regulations, but most of them seem to do nothing but better the community. I definitely recall a different Staff being around when I first joined, it's actually quite a shocker to see what all has changed in that department since late 2005. The Staff now really seem to take regulation very seriously and I applaud that. I don't really wish to speak of past Staff as I feel I didn't quite know any of them that well, but I would go for definite improvement.
(Of course, I'm not saying people who are still staff from that point in time are bad! Far from it! xD)

As for content, I would have to say there has been a good deal of improvement there too. The boards are organized at least a little bit different than what they used to be, but yet again I applaud the change. I wasn't around when the notorious T-Dome was alive and well, so I'm afraid I can't reminisce with you all about that. :/

Sorry for my poor articulation on this post, perhaps I should have just waited until the morning to think of something to say, eh?

Soul Eater
September 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Yes. I think PC has changed alot. I mean I don't want to sound like its a bad thing because I have gotten used to it. XD

I noticed that staff has become alot more strict with what goes on.

I remember four years ago when there was the original crush thread. It sure brings back alot of memories and I know back then it was more carefree. Now it really isnt that much fun.

I think the last time we had any fun was during the January DCC. I know we got out of hand but the old DCCs were like a highlight for most of us and we had a chance to have fun.

Things got out of hand though and now the DCC is kind of boring because even that has changed too.

It's not like I hate PC because of that. I used to hate it because I wasnt used to seeing all the change. I mean I love PC for being the place where I can see all my friends and I think now that we can send messages in each others profiles, that they are trying to make up for not letting us have fun. :D

I'll always love PC because even if I go to another forum, it can never replace how great PC really is. I know I made mistakes in the past but I've gotten over them. I can't change what people think of me but I can still live the rest of my life here at PC.

It seems like PC only gets its n00bs because of Diamond and Pearl forums. They really don't care the true value of PC and they try to tear it apart because they just can't see how much means to those that were before them.

I know that before all this Diamond/Platinum/Pearl nonsense came around, PC was much quieter but it seems like there is so much more that PC can't handle. N00bs get carried away over everything and whine because they don't what they did. It gets so annoying and its all you ever see.

Eon-Rider
September 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure if I count as a veteran because it started long before the forums you post on today (pre-2003 I think) even existed but I joined before any of the posters before me. Of course it's changed. Too many people come for their D/P/Pl needs and leaving after they've obtained them. Before all this D/P nonsense, I could actually find a thread I wanted to post in when I clicked New Posts.

It might just be me but it feels the rules have gradually become more strict. Where's the love? I don't know why I just said that.

The change that I hate the most is name changes. Since they started, I really haven't bothered keeping up with who's who. Yes I've changed my twice but I would've been fine with my original username.

Also, DUH IT CHANGED.
>_>
<_<

Arcanine
September 29th, 2008, 10:20 PM
5 and a half, going on 6 years (Feb will be 6 for me) as a PC member... in that time you wouldn't believe how much as changed. Like for example... how many of you know that this is the second PC (third if you count Kwesi's old old forum)? It's true, PC had a restart on September 6th, 2003 (you can see because of my joindate). Due to... server and database stuff crashing, killing off large threads, and randomly deleting members. So we started fresh and what you see today is what PC came to be.

Would you also believe at one time in PC's history we took requests from members who wanted to be Mods. As in... if you want to be a Mod on PC send a PM to a Higher Staff member. That's right... it went backwards, the members came to us and the other way around (like it is now). So yea... that was kind of weird.

Or how about the time where we had a "Mature member" forum... that went over really well... it was the most flamely, bashing, "hardcore" forum on PC... Some of you oldies will remember it as the "T-Dome".

There was also a time on PC where the only Admins on PC were that of Community Site Admins. That's right, if you didn't have a site you would have never seen the light of the Admin CP. The highest rank a normal Staff member could have gotten was S-Mod. Sure, later on that was broken by Kairi/Abby who found favor in the eyes of the Admins and she was given a "Sub-Admin" usergroup known as Praetor. After her I came along and got my own "Sub-Admin" group, it was also called "Praetor" but had a different color (at first the group was green, but when I got promoted Abby was moved to a new one, and she got pink). Later on that lovely group got a color change (and hasn't had a change since... it's the longest running Staff color) and a name change. All of you know it now as the "Staff Administrator" usergroup and also became a full Admin usergroup. And that other Praetor group... well it stuck with the name for a while, but later was changed to "Assistant Administrator". And now you know the history of both the SA and AA groups.
(And here's a fun fact, the Staff Admin rank has had less people to have the title of "Staff Admin" then any other group on PC. Only a grand total of 5 people has been in it. Me (Arcanine), Erica (Lightning), Jake (Hiroshi Sotomura), Jorfe (Ryoutarou), and David (Soma Peries), all in that order)

I'm bringing back memories now aren't I?

How about the time long long ago when a random member named "22sa" joined the old PC and somehow shot to the top of the postcount list? He kept track of how many members PC, PE2K, and SPPF got that day and would post them in a thread. He was also the founder of the first PC Get-Together...

Or how about the only reason why I was Modded was because I had "Arcanine" in my name. Or the only reason why Erica was Modded was because she was a girl? XD
And both of us were Modded at the same time, we were a group of members who became Mods. And now out of that... 10 or so people Erica and I are the only ones left. In fact (discounting the Purple Admins) we are the only Staff on this PC that was also Staff on the old PC.

And all of you say PC has become more strict... I say it's become more loose. Sure, the rules and Staff have gotten more strict... but at the same time PC as a whole has gotten far far far more lose then what I remember long ago. PC used to be stiff... and cold. Now it's a community, a place where people can make friends, sit back and talk and have some fun.

And at one time PC didn't have a rules thread... anywhere on PC. There were rules, but they were just spoken rules and you had to learn by mistakes before knowing them rules. It wasn't until Abby, Erica, myself and some other old Staff got together and hammered out a real rules thread. A place where people could see what the rules were before having a Staff member jump on them and tell them it's wrong to double post.

And how many of you know that PE2K (and The-APCC... now known as PokeZam, and late PokeSafari) was a PC Community Site (this in fact was before my time. I joined PC 6 or 7 days after PE2K broke off and went back to it's old forum)? That's right, PC used to be the forum of PE2K (and them other sites). And that there was a lovely war going on between PC and PE2K for the longest time.

How many of you can remember before we had Supporters? Before we had Member Fanclubs? The Computer Tech forum? Before PC had like 50 themes? How many of you remember when Jorfe was an SA? Or when David and Robo were Mods? Remember the old rep system when everyone had like 20 gold blocks? Or how about a time where Kwesi was active on the forum?

Has PC changed? For me it has... I joined PC when it had less then 1000 members, and like less then 100,000 posts. And now look... over 83,000 members, and over 4,100,000 posts.
When I joined and got used to the forum all I wanted to be was a Mod... and now look, a rank I never would have dreamed of getting when I joined all them years ago. I have met and made so many friends on PC. Some of them very very close to me, and some long gone off the face of the internet. Some I just randomly found on some other places online. And some that's still around today. And some (or more like one) that's been with me since I started this long lovely Staff trip. Has PC changed? Damn right it has. Will it keep changing? I think it will. I do want to be here to see if it does. I might not have done anything to shape PC into what it is today, but at least I can stand in the shadows and tell the newer group of members about the old group of members who's name is long forgotten.

Soul Eater
September 29th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Another thing I want to add is the dare thread. That got all of us into trouble because everyone was either too afraid to step in there or they had to do something really stupid.

I know Andy used to masquerade as a girl because of that thread. I'm sure most of you think he is still a girl and hell, he thinks so too. :D He is really Andrea too but he'll never admit it.

A few of the other staffers had been the same way. It was really fun too because back then genderbending was a really huge thing. XD Now its died down alot because the dare thread isn't around.

That's also changed because you never see that anymore. Even Andy doesnt go around pretending he was a girl. XD Sure, there was a time when he was Amanda for a while but it didnt last very long.

Excuse me, I forgot to mention that Andy is really a she, not a he. I just got yelled at for calling her a he, how rude. :<

Lover's Kite
September 30th, 2008, 05:24 AM
2005 and 2006 were very big years for PC. Many things have change. Have you seen the ROM Hacking section lately? It's full of spammy n00bs now. D:

Crystal Clair
September 30th, 2008, 06:28 AM
2005 and 2006 were very big years for PC

I remember those days. Those days were the prime days for me here, back when people like Phantom Bugsy were around the anime section and back when I had more friends than Sunflorazumarill and Shenlong. Oh yeah, and Maya Miyazono. Just typing that name in brings me nostalgia. She was like the first person to ever pm me and I hated her once but then I started to really like her. I remember other members like Gymleader Whitney, the Hunk, that artist I was paired up with whom I called Ju-Ju and so much more. Oh yeah and I can never forget back when that Angela member was good old Toto and loved Ash like a true lover. Now the biggest Ash fangirls I know are at Bulbagarden (Chatsy and Pokemon_Trainer_Lisa)

I miss having so many friends, not to mention that girl Tig/Jenny-chan who would pm me at 6 am in the morning

Eon-Rider
September 30th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Oh yeah, and Maya Miyazono. Just typing that name in brings me nostalgia.

Holy crap, I remember that name. o.o Who was she again? I can't remember anything about her besides the username.

Forci Stikane
September 30th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Of course PC has changed. D/P/P brought in a swarm of noobs that are ruining the foru--*shot*

In all seriousness, yes PC has changed. Aside from the influx of new members that the new games brought, the lower staff has changed dramatically over the years (I still remember well when aragornbird was the invisible Mod and Charaxes was dark, among others), and even some members that used to be regulars have since left. On the other hand, there have been some new members that are an asset to the forum (not all of them, mind you), and upgrades like the Visitor Messaging system & the new DBE-less server have made the forum more...informal. Really, anything to avoid the horrors of September 06 is greatly appreciated.

Overall, whether the changes are actually positive is a toss-up, but there's no doubt that the forum has changed.

(And here's a fun fact, the Staff Admin rank has had less people to have the title of "Staff Admin" then any other group on PC. Only a grand total of 5 people has been in it. Me (Arcanine), Erica (Lightning), Jake (Hiroshi Sotomura), Jorfe (Ryoutarou), and David (Soma Peries), all in that order)

...I seem to remember a certain 6th member who has since been booted out also having that title...

Avey
September 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I was ready to give out to Caerus for being elitist when he said only veterans could post in this thread. You're just lucky that I was bored enough to read the rest of your post. Seriously though, thanks for including the people who weren't here back in the day.

Has this forum changed since I joined it? Yes. Probably not in the major ways everyone else who has gone before me have, but I've seen it change. When I joined, it was only because I wanted to download ShinyGold after reading about it on a website I don't remember the name of. After that, I quickly found out how addictive the forums were and I proceeded to be an absolute idiot. Often making illogical posts in the fan fiction lounge and the Diamond, Pearl & Platinum board. Of course, back then, the board was just called Diamond and Pearl. After that, I found Pokémon General (and I still consider my home on this forum) and ran into Twinx and Faruba in the Pokémon Daily Chit-Chat. We had great fun, messing around and always fretting about getting infracted for spamming. That was my world for quite a while. The fan fiction lounge and the Pokémon DCC. I managed to broaden my horizons about a month later and I started posting in other boards where I found that PC was a much bigger community than I first thought. I befriended a lot of people through threads and private messaging and I posted a lot more than I did when I first joined. I was there for when the forum upgraded and Visitor Messages and all those other features were enabled. People were overjoyed and completely distressed at the same time. Finally, there was no such thing as a filled up private messaging inbox to have to clean up. The bad side was that forums were turning into social networking sites.

And then stuff happened that brought us all to posting in this thread.

Cherrim
September 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I remember when PC was an Ikonboard and I was a member of it. BEAT THAT PEOPLE since apparently it's a challenge to see who's got more veteran points in this thread. But seriously... was anyone else around from that time or am I the only one left who was? :(
...I seem to remember a certain 6th member who has since been booted out also having that title...
...Nope, Andy was the first Staff Admin. Then I joined him. Then Jake joined us. Then Jorge got promoted. Then Jorge and I quit and David got promoted. And then I came back. That's it.

I reminisced in a recent post so maybe I'll go dig that up later. Not typing out something long right now. XD

LethalTexture
September 30th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Although not exactly a veteran, and I know I haven't accumilated a large amount of posts for how long I've been here, but PC has changed dramatically for me.

When I joined, I was a naive young Pokemon fan looking to expand my collection. I was solely a trader, and spent all my PC time in the trade forum. Literally, I never ventured out of it. The I spread to the main D/P/P forum, and eventually the entire board (even lurking into the depths of S&M omigosh). I'd develop a team and then leisurely browse the forums making occasional posts. Then my promotion got sprung upon me from nowhere, and here I am. I hope the higher staff feel I've been dedicated enough to the forum that nobody wants to moderate. ;D

But yeah, the general staff has seen a big switcharound for various reasons I was too lowly to understand or comprehend (and still am to an extent) but all changes have sincerely been for the better.

Sammi
September 30th, 2008, 10:09 AM
How many of you can remember before we had Supporters? Yep!
Before we had Member Fanclubs? I think it was riiiight when I joined. It's a bit blurry still.
The Computer Tech forum? No. :(
Before PC had like 50 themes? When I joined, we didn't have 50, but we still had a fair bit.
How many of you remember when Jorfe was an SA? Or when David and Robo were Mods? Yes. To all of them. I came back right when Kayleigh was s-modded. Oh, AND I remember Mork's old name. :P
Remember the old rep system when everyone had like 20 gold blocks? Vaguely, but man, those were fun.
Or how about a time where Kwesi was active on the forum? I remember seeing him in the HQ awhile back, does that count? :(

You forgot to ask if we remember the days before name changes. How could you??? :'(

I know Andy used to masquerade as a girl because of that thread. I'm sure most of you think he is still a girl and hell, he thinks so too. :D He is really Andrea too but he'll never admit it.

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT! Andy was doing that when I joined! I believed he was a girl for ages!

Then he turned back to a he, and I was left going "wait what? :B"

It took a moment, but are you talking about the Phony Staff Administrator? XD

---

But yeah, I wouldn't really consider myself that much of a vet, even though I joined back in 2004 (with nayana_1120 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=3425), eww). There's still people that have been around PC for longer, so I'm used to saying "I'm nothing when we have Andy/Erica/Jake/David/Steve/Kwesi/Whoever else on the staff/members I forgot around!" :(

I joined in May, but didn't actually become active until September of that year. So most of the stuff I'll talk about was what I remember coming back.

But when I joined...
- The only promoted admins were Andy and Kairi, with the Praetor and Abby usergroups. Erica and Jake were still s-mods. The only site admins that are still here from then are Steve and Kwesi. I think Andy, Erica, Jake, Steve, and Kwesi were the only ones that are still on staff from back then, actually.
- Mods were either just bold or blue. I can't remember if I was around before the color. Maybe in May of that year?
- It was damned near impossible for me to find a rules thread. There was one in the Technical Institute, I think, and another set somewhere else. I forgot. As a newbie, it was really confusing to learn PC's rules.
- The forum layout was different. There was a link to the old PC database. There was the Technical Institute, which was always dead. The latest game forums were... I think FRLG, back when RS(E?) and FRLG each had their own forum. Pixel Art was Home of the Sprites. Other Voting Polls was dead last on the forum order. There's more, but that's all I really cared about.
- I came back right after PC was hacked by... someone or another. So all the threads in Announcements and CQ&F had been deleted. So if you wonder why those forums only go back to 2004, that's why.
- Name changes were shot down like mad. Every time it was suggested, the staff said no. So, anyone who wanted a name change re-joined. Like me. Name changes came mid 2005, I think?
- The T-Dome was either brand new or about to open. (I never got around to joining it.) Originally, you had to be 13+ to join and had to PM a s-mod+ to join. The age limit was removed after a week tops.
- Rep was the fad of the day! People repped for fun. There was lots of repping friends. People asked for it still! The bars went up like mad.
- The spoiler tag was a pop-up! They were the fad in sigs, along with glow tags, which only showed up in IE. There was no handy CSS tag. Also, when the mods disabled your sig, they removed your [img] tags completely. There was no pretty [sig-disable] tag. In fact, it wasn't until a few months into being a s-mod (which was two years after I joined!) that Jake made the first [sig-disable] tag. So, yeah, I remember removing [img] tags... fun times.
OH, and there was a bit where they tried out an experimental code, so sigs more than 300px tall had a scroll box. It didn't work in all browsers, though. (Back then, I used Netscape, so it didn't work. Yes. Netscape. stfu I was too stubborn to download Firefox.)
- Different members, so different atmosphere. It's hard to describe, really. As for me, I was a bit noobish at the time. When I first joined, I love spriting, so I hung out at Home of the Sprites. I welcomed people for awhile if they came from SPPF, because PC was so much better than those meanie-butts omg. Then I went to OVP, where I've been since.

...how much did I miss?

Overall, PC was quite different back then. XD;

Forci Stikane
September 30th, 2008, 12:39 PM
...Nope, Andy was the first Staff Admin. Then I joined him. Then Jake joined us. Then Jorge got promoted. Then Jorge and I quit and David got promoted. And then I came back. That's it.

Really? Because I very clearly remember that Godot avatar ([/giveaway]) next to a red username, with the title "Staff Admin" sitting under it.

It took a moment, but are you talking about the Phony Staff Administrator? XD

I guess I am.

Cherrim
September 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Really? Because I very clearly remember that Godot avatar ([/giveaway]) next to a red username, with the title "Staff Admin" sitting under it.

I guess I am.
Well if you're talking about technicalities like that, I think several people have been Staff Admins and you've just missed it because it's only for a split second or something. :( It's happened before with almost all the ranks, I'd say.

Chibi-chan
September 30th, 2008, 01:02 PM
My grades have gotten lower in school and I've made some super amazing awesome friends and had super amazing awesome adventures that I don't think I would have ever had with my IRL friends...

Does that equal out? XD

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
September 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I remember a lot of the old staff and how has it changed. Some of them have been promoted, some of them left us one way or another but this is how I remember it was back then. I even remember some of the old staff colors.

Dakota
oni_flygon / Akinari /Akinari
PichuSecretBase
Castrainer
Eliana
Lightning / Lightning

Moonlight
Sakura and Espeon
LilyPichu / Lily
Chairman Kaga
Forest Grovyle

Dawson
Shadow

Flaming Torchic
Mr Cat Dog

LiquidThunder
Bell
AZSupraT
TRIFORCE89

The Hunk

How can't I remember those good ol' names that changed or went away as well?

PKHammer
Flygon_Trainer
legendary_pokegirl
legendary_pokemaster
Frostweaver
Blue
RoboMecchaWobbufet
icy_storm (can you guess who that was?)
Yellow (...no? Getting closer?)
Rolling Pichu (STILL NOT?)
PIKA2
Batesy
JKaizer
Jolteon!!!
Satoshi-Kun
^^NICK^^ v.2.0
Dizzy
LanceLite
Imakuni?
Iveechan
Esupio
girlgenius

..or those awesome topics no one posts in anymore.

The Dare Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35295&highlight=dare)
Do you have a crush on anyone at PC? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2984&highlight=crush)
Would you fart in front of your girlfriend/boyfriend? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7182)
Fads you miss... (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9750)
Pairup and Romance Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7704)
Hey guys! do you want some Co Co Cola? XD (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23591)

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
September 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I do notice that the RP section is like... A lot higher standards now, A LOT HIGHER. Which in a way is a good thing.

A lot new members are flooding in.

I geuss, not much. Haven't been here THAT long...

devilicious
September 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Certainly. PC back in 2004 was like... well, maybe not PC, but we were all more innocent and cheerful and stuff. Also, the Pokémon forums were pretty unactive, while Other Chat [with the Family Thread], Other Voting Polls [with the Crush thread] and Funtime in Pokéland [with the Dare Thread] were where everyone posted, and the Pokémon boards were like... dead. And the staff members were certainly much less strict.

But still, PC changed a lot for me. Maybe for the worse, maybe for the better. But I also changed a lot due to the people I met here and the experiences I had with them. Those friends and memories are certainly very precious to me.

Also, I won't mention my ban because I feel it's uneeded to this thread and is a matter that could much be forgotten by now, right? :3

Castrainer

The Dare Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35295&highlight=dare)
Do you have a crush on anyone at PC? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2984&highlight=crush)

rofl
Now I feel like talking to my old Crush Thread buddies again. ;w;
Except like most of them disappared, lol.

Keitaro
September 30th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I might as well throw in my two cents for something to post.

These forums have never been the same since the PC/PE2K split; yet things naturally change overtime in general, which creates nostalgic topics such as this.

I'll be honest though, most of what I remember took place, during 5 to 7 years ago... I do remember some stuff that has changed, like the general topics seem to be more in-depth than previously, in large part due to a different portion of users. I'm quite surprised to see the member of the month still kicking after all this time (I figured the popularity thing would crumble over time), from what I saw the voting topics are more creative than ever though. I could name a few more things like different sections and so on, yet I just don't feel like it...

From a personal perspective though?... I remember being the only one who posted video game sprites in the art section, lol... Back then no one was interested really and now it seems to be a common thing. When I modded here I'd be struggling to find new ways to innovate things, now things are more innovated then I could have possibly imagine so that's a plus. Hard to think of other things right now though...

Overall PC has evolved, whether it is for the better or not depends on the individual's experience while visiting here, for me it was always fun times in the early millennium because it was a much smaller and simpler time to be a member here. The users who aren't around here no longer is the toughest thing to adapt too I find when you're away for so long. But honestly if things are still kicking and more people are chatting it means the place is a success and a better opportunity to meet new people.

Tater Tot
September 30th, 2008, 04:03 PM
You mean my nooby years? :O XD; Anyway, I think PC has changed a whole lot since I first joined. I actually miss a lot about PC's older years. So many things have changed, and I believe that 2005 was PC's best year. A lot of members that made PC so great have quit though. I remember I was big friends with Cybex Mewtwo, anyone remember him? And all I did was post in the Teen Titans Fan Club for awhile. XD I barely posted anywhere but Other clubs. XD I remember being paired with Gothsinn23, (gosh, I wonder what happened to her. XD) And of course, my brother being a moderator. I remember how embarrassed he was by some of my foolish actions. XD And I remember Kratos, I think he hated me although I thought he was my best friend. XD And, of course, I've seen a lot of staff members quit. Over all though, not much has changed except I like PC better right now than I did three years ago.

MasterZman
September 30th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yes it has a lot oh i donated to PCs but it was on a other site.

Memory
September 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I joined almost 3 years ago, wow. o_o;
Well... yeah. PC has changed. Or maybe it's just me. I dunno.
I remember the seasonal DCC's... and when you had request topics in the pixel art section. And when FG was a mod of the Art Gallery, and *~Ashley~* of OC for so long...
I hardly remember Claire... I think I got here just as she resigned. Seeing my old posts make me wanna scream, I was such a noob. XD

Anyway.
So yeah, I'd say PC has changed. And I wouldn't say for the better, but that's just my personal opinion. It's probably mostly me that's changed.... become less interested in pokémon and all.

'N I remember all my old friends here. God I miss them so much.
THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS ALL BACK TO ME DERK. D:<
*cough*

Sora_8920
October 1st, 2008, 03:13 AM
Well... since you're so graciously letting us newer members post Derrick (and seriously, I thank you for this opportunity of letting me post in your thread), I've noticed a change in my obviously short duration of time here.

The Strategies and Move Sets section has changed greatly. More intense scrutiny by Smarties, Dark_Azelf, BeachBoy, and I has shaped it into an organized forum compared to what it used to be. Some may disagree with the changes (such as Moderator Approval for all threads), but I think there's more to gain from that forum.

Also, with the addition of upgraded profiles, groups and such, there is more interaction between members.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Then again, these changes may be considered minuscule in comparison to that vast knowledge you members from April 2005 must hold.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Agreeing with that since I joined in '07 as well.

Yeah, S&M is more...secure, I guess, now.

It has changed with VM's as well.

~. t R U T H

Counterfeit
October 1st, 2008, 03:39 AM
I remember I was big friends with Cybex Mewtwo, anyone remember him?

I remember. ^^
What happened to him?

I wouldn't say PC has changed that much for me, maybe that's because this is the only year I've actually been a consistant member.
So yeah, all I can say is that various people have left since I joined. xD

Cassino
October 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM
I've not seen PC change at all, for me; any announced changes have been like a far off cry carried by the wind.
I've been here two years and have passed the 1000 post mark but I remain as unknown to this forum as anyone with only 100 posts. People who have been here half the time I have are getting staff positions now and it's rather... freaky. :0

Squeegee Beckenheim
October 1st, 2008, 03:41 PM
Let me be one to say that PC has changed a lot. I miss PC sometimes. I miss being a staff member, but PC was becoming something completely different the longer I stayed a staff member.

The golden days of PC ended when Kaga left, I honestly believe. He was purely one of the best people that ever inhabited this forum.

Many of PC's people have change as well. Many for the worse, but it is nice to see some of these people who I think truly deserved to be upper staff, upper staff now.

Dawson
October 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Agreeing with that since I joined in '07 as well.

Yeah, S&M is more...secure, I guess, now.

It has changed with VM's as well.

~. t R U T H
Upon reading this post, I now think the Strategy & Moveset forum should be renamed the Moveset & Strategy forum.
Let me be one to say that PC has changed a lot. I miss PC sometimes. I miss being a staff member, but PC was becoming something completely different the longer I stayed a staff member.

The golden days of PC ended when Kaga left, I honestly believe. He was purely one of the best people that ever inhabited this forum.

Many of PC's people have change as well. Many for the worse, but it is nice to see some of these people who I think truly deserved to be upper staff, upper staff now.
That's a misconception I think quite a few of the 'older' members have made at some point. Looking back to when I joined, some four and a half years ago, everybody who was active, and played a huge part in making PC what it was, has changed. Of course they have. Back then we were all in our early to mid teens. Now we're all grown up and are, or on the verge of, complete adulthood. So it's not that we've all changed for the worst, it's that we've grown up and matured. We may not be completely the same way we were four years ago, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think I've changed drastically from the day I joined this forum, but in a positive way.

But yeah, PC is completely different now compared to what it was in what I consider to be its peak, which was the end of 2004-2005 period. For a start, it was more relaxed and fun back then. You could actually go into Other Chat without seeing half a dozen closed threads. Threads didn't always have to be about serious discussion in there. I remember a thread called "Make your own South Park character" which quite a few staff members participated in. It was just a silly, fun thread, but that kind of thing would get instantly locked now.

And I remember when the DCC didn't have to be a running conversation with topics. I remember one rule not too long ago where you -had- to post something relevant to the current subject before you could attempt to talk about something else. Why? No idea. I remember back then the DCC was zany, quirky and random. The thread where you could go to the bathroom for a minute, come back and find nearly two pages of new posts in the time you were gone. There were like a dozen or so people constantly posting. It was fast and furious, but it was awesome. Every DCC since has been a shadow of that one.

Why? PC became a victim of its own success. The forum grew and grew. And with the release of each new game brought a wave of n00bs to infest the place. And not just any kind of n00b. We're talking about Pokémon n00bs. Those people that decide to post anywhere and everywhere, yet somehow managed to completely avoid any and all kinds of punctuation. People who, when trying to decipher their posts into English, genuinely make you worry about the future of mankind.

So with each new wave of n00b brought more rules and stricter enforcement to try to contain the spread of idiocy. Which in turn damaged the fun factor of this forum. Although I also think some of the staff promotion decisions were quite incorrect and were fairly damaging to the way PC was. People weren't always promoted on merit, but for other criteria. I remember back to like 18 months ago when Jeremy and Forest Grovyle were promoted to SMod, despite being two of the most inactive mods for quite a while, just because they were two of the longest serving mods, therefore had "earned" the promotion. Ahead of Signomi, who was quite considerably the best moderator on the forum at the time. Which I thought was a joke and a mistake. But that's another story.

So yes, PC has changed. Not necessarily for the better, in my opinion. Although, the majority of the changes were enforced in order to prevent a n00b-like cancer from completely destroying it, so I can accept that.

And, yeah, the T-Dome. Haha. The Masturbation Thread had to be one of the freakiest things to ever appear on any Pokémon forum. Ever.

Yes, I realise this thread was nearly dead. And, no, I don't care.

pink-tiger
October 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Yeppy!I left for a few months because my internet got dis-connected.Only for 4 months.When I came back LOTS was different.Thought the changes arent soo bad.The profiles are kinda cool.But then others could be better or worse.

Kitty-Kat
October 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM
When I first joined, there seemed to be a lot more emphasis on RolePlaying. Now it seems to be on hacks. I also remember fewer styles to choose from :P It seems so long ago, though, it's hard to remember. Pairs were also a big thing, or so it seemed to me. Not so much anymore, I don't think.

PC sure has grown.

Lucy Lu
October 28th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah I remember when I first joined. I couldn't see everyone's avatars or rep. It was all in "red x's". Because I had Norton Internet Security(well still do, update to current). And I wasn't going to risk to turn it off. But that didn't stop me for going. I came here to meet with friends who loved the Pokemon anime. Because I was mad at one "forum". I won't mentioned it here. And then when I got into more anime, that died down a bit. I met wonderful people and til this day I still keep on contact with them. And I also made new friends along the way as well. I do remember a few threads that were made during that time. "The Glomp" Thread, "Marry" Thread, etc. And also we had a "What is your Rep" Thread. That one was crazy.

Well for me yes PC as changed because everyone is getting older. I remember everyone was at least 11-17 years old when I joined. Now they are 18-23! Man...I am one of the oldies around here. I joined when I was 24. XD Dang that is old, but I didn't care.

Everyone is maturing and there will be a few interest that they are not into anymore. That is what I am seeing now. The newer generation is taking over. New members come here everyday to see how this forum is. We do get a few noobs, but I got to remember I used to be one too. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I love to come into a forum that doesn't have any hate. ^^ And I enjoy coming here just to hang. I know I do get busy at times, but I will try my best to stay active here.

So yeah, that is all I am going to say in this matter. If I have something else, I will edit this post.

Happy Dude
October 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I really don't think anyone here knows what they are talking about minus the people who joined in at least 2004.

The forums have changed a lot since then.

I personally like the way it used to be

Cherrim
October 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Upon reading this post, I now think the Strategy & Moveset forum should be renamed the Moveset & Strategy forum.
We thought about it, but note that it's actually called "Pokémon Strategies and Movesets" so if we switched them around it'd abbreviate to PMS anyway so it's lose-lose. XD

Zet
October 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
PC has changed me some what since I've gain a lot of friends since I've been here, I've pretty much haven't laughed and had fun in a long time (plus it's also made me more british)

Sounds
October 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM
PC has changed me some what since I've gain a lot of friends since I've been here, I've pretty much haven't laughed and had fun in a long time (plus it's also made me more british)

How did it make you more british?
PC for me when i first joined was just a random forum,now its like a 2nd home lol

Dukey
October 29th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I agree ith .Oblivion, when I joined, I was only interested in playing hacks, now, as .Oblivion said, its like a 2nd home...

Hiraku
October 30th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I noticed how there have been a LOT of changes in the past 5 months. Alot of popular traders drifted away. I stopped posting in the trade section. Styles, the attitudes of people, and the members of staff have all changed. It is very saddening.

Flabébé
October 30th, 2008, 07:56 PM
It used to be fun. When RPing actually had people who RPed and tried to make things creative before it went all to hell and things became predictable. When the staff was smaller and not as anal as they are now. When life on PC wasn't about stupid threads and people dissing everyone else. Back when PC was for fun. When PC was a place you could come to to get away from the hate. When Pokemon was still the main part of this webpage. When Pokemon made sence. WHEN POKEMON WHERE NO MORE THAN 300!

Kura
October 30th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Well.. I'm not gonna post a paragraph like Andypants there.. but I will say that is has changed durastically..

I used to like it a lot better back then..
:/ Now the DCC is like... completely dead :/

._. It's kinda boring now.. I miss my old friends who used to go here.. and it seems like so much effort to make new friends because everyone seems like.. so cooped up in their own business that they just couldn't care less.

It seems like people only care about their own clique..

Bleuhorn
October 31st, 2008, 12:35 AM
If I remember right, this place has changed from it's first carnation when I joined years ago.

Saryka
October 31st, 2008, 01:11 PM
I haven't been here very long, but I think I could say it's changed. My experience of PC when I first joined to when I came back after an almost year-long hiatus, to right now in my inactivity - all of them are really, really different, but I can't put my finger on why. I may not have great memories of PC like other people, and I may not have friends that I "go way back" with, but this place sure has changed. It's not as... eventful as it once was for me - even the DCC, my "home" of sorts, is becoming a little boring with each visit. I don't know. :/