PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Exterminators

Decepticon
October 2nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Pokémon Exterminators (The Remake)

My third comic, posted here for the third time... They say third times the charm right?

Anyway this is a remake... kinda... It will start out the same as the old Exterminators, but will eventually go in a different direction.
The old Exterminators was a 9 panel comic, while this one is only 6, I might change back to 9 after Chapter 1 is complete however.

Summary
Exterminators are a group of skilled trainers who travel around the Sevii Islands taking on missions to get rid
of troublesome Pokémon. Peter, a teenage boy from Three Island, is among them, he tells the tale of how he
joined, his first week with them, and how he suspects something far worse then problematic Pokémon at work...
Act 1

Prologue
[1] (http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2892/ep1gk9.png)[2] (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/681/ep2xq1.png)[3] (http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3327/ep3wl8.png)[4] (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2713/ep4mk1.png)[5] (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2104/ep5bu4.png)

Chapter 1
[1] (http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9873/ep6ra0.png)[2] (http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4086/ep7vt0.png)[3] (http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3010/ep8ff3.png)

Character Bio's
Coming Soon...

Credits
Coronis
Pokésho
Pokémon Elite 2k
Spriters Resource
Video Game Atlas

PM me if you should be here!!
Enjoy, and please take the time to leave a comment!!

ForeverRed
October 3rd, 2008, 01:45 AM
good comic Decepticon xD
cant wait for more XD

Rob-120
October 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
this is nice man. Your really goood at making the maps and storyline and stuff! Keep it up ^ ^

Red1530
October 3rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
The graphics of the comic is great and it has a great storyline.

Ravecat
October 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
Way too much speaking and .jpg looks horrible.

[NovaPirate]
October 3rd, 2008, 06:26 AM
YES! You don't know how excited I was when I saw this post, and it lives up to the your legacy as a comic maker.

Emerald Ex, I'm not sure if you were being serious, but if you were, that's ridiculous. Decepticon uses .PNG and even though it might have a little bit too much talking, Decep handles it rather well. Apologize now.

So are you going to remake everything exactly as was, or are you going to go on a different path from now on? Should I give you my newer character sprites (Although I thought I already had but if you lost them or something..)?

Edit;
Saw about how it'll go a different path and all. Hah. I was thinking about being nostalgic and going back to using party sprites for Pokemon over worlds (You know, how when you look at your party? The sprites for Espeon and Umbreon in over world?), but you beat me to the punch.

Ravecat
October 3rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
;3997136']Emerald Ex, I'm not sure if you were being serious, but if you were, that's ridiculous/. Decepticon uses .PNG and even though it might have a little bit too much talking, Decep handles it rather well. Apologize now.

It is .JPG, however it is high-quality .JPG, so it's not too bad.

Though, there is FAR too much speaking and no, it is not handled well, it is too much speaking.

I will not apologize for not being a know-nothing kiss-ass like the rest of you. Anybody who wants the opinions of others needs to get used to criticism.

[NovaPirate]
October 3rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
It doesn't truly affect the comic much. That's why I didn't notice. If we had artifacts flying around left and right it might, but it hasn't.

Also my dear Emerald, the strange thought that you got into your head that I am a know-nothing suck-up is far from the truth. Far from it. Although you have made one comic and indeed you do have proof you can make a mediocre comic you are simply annoying when you criticize me, because you are not a regular here with respected comics or influence, you don't understand what has happened, so you assume. I am absolutely fine with criticism as long as it's fair and relevant. Now once again, run along and don't turn this into a flame-war

And anyway, once the narrativng stops he kills a lot of the speaking off. This is a remake of the original Exterminators, which was just fine and dandy to the rest of us. Just bear with the speaking for now, and be glad it isn't in bad grammar and all caps.

Ravecat
October 3rd, 2008, 06:49 AM
;3997197']It doesn't truly affect the comic much. That's why I didn't notice. If we had artifacts flying around left and right it might, but it hasn't.

Also my dear Emerald, the strange thought that you got into your head that I am a know-nothing suck-up is far from the truth. Far from it. Although you have made one comic and indeed you do have proof you can make a mediocre comic you are simply annoying when you criticize me, because you are not a regular here with respected comics or influence, you don't understand what has happened, so you assume. I am absolutely fine with criticism as long as it's fair and relevant. Now once again, run along and don't turn this into a flame-war

And anyway, once the narrative stops he kills a lot of the speaking off. This is a remake of the original. Just bear with the speaking for now, and be glad it isn't in bad grammar and all caps.
No you arrogant ass, I will not "run along".

One, that comic was from over two years ago, and I've come along way since- not that that matters; you don't need to be a chef to know when food tastes good.
Two, I also don't need to be a regular to know there is too much text.
Three, I've already given in to the .JPG point, because yes there are no artifacts.
Four, nothing I said was at all beyond fair and relevant.

I'm simply pointing out what's wrong, so there can be improvement, and ultimately a better comic for everybody to read and for the creator to be proud of.

So get off your high horse and understand you are no better than anybody else, especially just because you're a "regular".

Decepticon, I apologize simply for this mess in your thread, because apparently your buddy feels you can't handle a little bit of criticism.
I will not further a discussion with someone so childish.

[NovaPirate]
October 3rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
I would respond, but you cut off the discussion.
But, as a side note, I never said that the criticism you gave wasn't fair and relevant. Indeed, I worded it odd, but I didn't. You implied that yourself.

You continue to assume.

Ravecat
October 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
And you assume that I assumed. See how that works?

It's called backpedaling, you do it a lot.

Sublime
October 3rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
i liked it. the first real sprite comic that drew me in. i like the amount of speaking, contrary to Emerald Ex.

also, the text could be a darker color.

Decepticon
October 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

It's been changed to .PNG, that must have been tinypic's fault, because
they are .PNG on my computer...

@Nova: Well it will eventually go down a different path but theres more than
just the prologue that remain the same, most of chapter one is the same with
a few new things added in, and I already have your new sprites :)

@Emerald Ex: Thanks for the crit, I often worry that its to much text, but
at the same time I don't want to leave panel's empty when I have more to say,
but Nova's right, after the narrating is done, there will be less text,
so if those were the only complaints then please don't write it off just yet and
bear with it for the first chapter.

@ArmyGuy: Thank you, I'll do something about the text for chapter 2, I already have
most of chapter 1 made so please bear with it for a while longer.

Zephyr+
October 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Haha, seeing this comic brings back nostalgic memories~ I remember back in the glory days of sprite comics, when this one was one of the most remowned. :3 Keep up the good work!

...I forget; was yours one of the comics that accepted people's characters and incorporated them into the storyline? There were lots of those, but I seem to remember a couple in particular that were done in the overworld-style and were about as good as this...

Glitter Stain
October 3rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, this is nice. The only thing I don't like is the incredibly large amount of dialog. The visuals are usually more important than the actual text (though both are important), and the large text boxes are distracting from the comic.

Decepticon
October 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Episode 6 is up.

@Zephyr: Exterminators was one of those that accepted others and added them to the story somehow, but I don't think thats allowed anymore is it? Since this is a remake your character will still be in though.

@Mobile Tsk: Thanks, the dialogue will get smaller after the first chapter when the narrating stops. :)

Zephyr+
October 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM
...Hm?

5. Joining comics is now allowed.

I suppose it must have been banned at some point in the past, right? But the rules don't say anything against it. So if you wanted to continue the comic using new characters on a plot that diverges from the other one, you could. But then, simply doing a revamp of the comic would be good too-- Exterminators had an awesome plot. =D

Anyway, would you like me to revamp my character's overworlds? The ones I had were... kinda not good. xD; I've gotten better since then.

[NovaPirate]
October 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Yes. I remember I came in after a while.
"IT'S JUST BIG BONED!"

Best. Quote. Evar.
There's one run on sentence in the panel where Dash is talking about the Exterminators. You used a lot more custom sprites though, and you included a lot more Exterminators. Are we still going to have the 'Post or Your Character Dies' rule?

Decepticon
October 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
@Zephyr: I guess characters can join then!

;4009797']Yes. I remember I came in after a while.
"IT'S JUST BIG BONED!"

Best. Quote. Evar.
There's one run on sentence in the panel where Dash is talking about the Exterminators. You used a lot more custom sprites though, and you included a lot more Exterminators. Are we still going to have the 'Post or Your Character Dies' rule?
haha, you still remember that line, nice! xD

Yeah, I made the ship full of exterminators this time, but most are just fodder.

I'm not going to have that rule, this time, because I'm not going to add characters
just for the sake of adding them like last time, though I will still accept characters,
but they will have a more of a direction or purpose this time.

Lets just say more posts save the comic, not the characters.

[NovaPirate]
October 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Too bad. Some of the death comics were funny.
But does that mean that we're not going to have the one war scene?
I mean, there are more Exterminators now. They can't be taken as easily now. So when exactly do you intend to split off the story lines? When it ended before, or earlier.

Decepticon
October 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM
war scene?

It's going to have the same overall plot, I'm not quite sure when exactly its going to split off yet, some of the characters have changed and things will be changed slightly or happen at different times, but the same stuff will go down basically.

[NovaPirate]
October 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Didn't want to spoil the plot, so I didn't fully describe it.

The whole scene with the fleet being obliterat3z.

Decepticon
October 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
ah yes, that, well lets just say the outcome will be the same ;)

Ravecat
October 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
there's still a lot of speaking to be honest.

Try short, sharp sentences, rather than dragging on with unnecessary words.

Use the PICTURES to describe the event, rather than relying soley on the words, because that's what comics are good at.

Good job, so far, though. :)

ryushin5
October 7th, 2008, 08:54 AM
wow i like the story and the mapping if this was a tv show i would watch. :D

Decepticon
October 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Episode 7 is up, also I fixed that one run on sentence in Episode 6 (I think)

@Con~: Thanks, but most of chapter 1 is already made so it will be the mostly the same as with the prologue; although I did end up taking your advice and edited some of the chapter 1 episodes so the text doesnt overpower the picture as much. (in afew panels of future episodes it was cutting off the characters so I changed it)

@ryushin5: thanks :)

Red1530
October 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I liked the surprise in chapter seven.

Decepticon
October 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Episode 8 is up! Please comment!

I liked the surprise in chapter seven.
The Gyarados suprise?

Matt Silver
October 17th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I disappear for the better part of October from this forum and Exterminators comes back... the irony!

Would love to give a long winding review praising and deconstructing the comics, but I have no time this time, but will give some general comments...

Nicely done! I mean, it's the Exterminators we all know and love, but it's so shiny remade and the new characters you made yourself (Right?) is a nice change. I look forward to see how you change things this time around (If any happen). Go Exterminators! :D

Decepticon
October 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I disappear for the better part of October from this forum and Exterminators comes back... the irony!

Would love to give a long winding review praising and deconstructing the comics, but I have no time this time, but will give some general comments...

Nicely done! I mean, it's the Exterminators we all know and love, but it's so shiny remade and the new characters you made yourself (Right?) is a nice change. I look forward to see how you change things this time around (If any happen). Go Exterminators! :D
w00t, Matt Silver is back! I knew you'd show up eventually!

and kinda about the characters, I just edited the Brendan and May sprites so they arn't wearing headgear and edited Avatar's Wally sprite to make Rory!

Thanks for the comment Matt, I look forward to maybe a winding review, praising, and deconstructing in the future ;)

Red1530
October 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
The Gyarados suprise?Yes, I was referring to the Gyarados. The ending of the latest chapter reminded of G/S/C.

Sumomo & Kotoko
October 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I really enjoyed reading what you have so far of this comic.

I agree with ArmyGuy that the text could be darker (hard to read).
You said you'd already take care of that, so its all good. ^_^

The only other problem I noticed was one or two spelling errors.
But we're human. Thats normal. Haha.

Great comic, put together very nicely. Great story line.
I look forward to reading what you have instore. =]