PDA

View Full Version : New record sign up

Blue Screen of Death
October 7th, 2008, 04:37 PM
If you want to help break the most ever online record, post here. Once we get more than 408 people we'll set the time for All to get on at once (yes I will consider time zones, don't worry). I'll post a time for every time zone in the world when it comes time.

txteclipse
October 7th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Count me in. That record has bugged me since the day I started coming here.

Lusankya
October 7th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Ha, count me in. And we should go generously over 408 before we figure out a time, because chances are a lot of us won't be able to get on at that time.

Yu_&_Rei
October 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Oh I am so in, I'm in the pacific Time zone.

Spinor
October 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I dunno if this thread is topic worthy but, count me in. I am worried about Time Zones and availability, we ought to have more than 450 just in case.

God
October 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Count me in. Ish.

Stupid timezones.

B-Baller
October 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Count me in too. My timezone is GMT +12...although we have daylight savings at the moment so we're one hour ahead than usual.

Cassino
October 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Most users ever online was 995, June 28th, 2007 at 08:59 PM.
Interesting thread, but you'd've done better to post it in Other Trivia, and you're gonna need an unreal amount of people anyway (yeah, 995; where did you get 408 from anyway?), which I doubt you'll be getting.

Dukey
October 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm in!
I was thinking bou doin this the other day...

to 1000 and beyond!

LipstickTraces
October 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
As long as the time is adequate, I'll help out :) I'm in the UK.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
October 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Sure. why not? Count me in, I'm game.

Idiot!
October 10th, 2008, 07:05 AM
This Asian poster wishes to join.

Bludycomicsinc
October 10th, 2008, 07:42 AM
The guy from Tennessee would like to join! I'm in the central timezone.

Nuke
October 11th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I'm in the UK.

I'll help.

True Justice
October 11th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. But I never got around to prepare for it. I'm glad to see someone has. I'm in.

And I guess I don't need to post my time zone since you said you'll post all of them.

Eon-Rider
October 11th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I see a future where this fails. =\

Cassino
October 11th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Tell me when you get OVER 9000 users online (someone had to say it D:).

Does just leaving your browser open with PC on it all day keep you on the online list? 'Cause if it does, that makes half a job for everyone.

Nuke
October 11th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Tell me when you get OVER 9000 users online (someone had to say it D:).

Does just leaving your browser open with PC on it all day keep you on the online list? 'Cause if it does, that makes half a job for everyone.

I think you get logged out if you dont post or switch page or something in 15 minutes.

Bludycomicsinc
October 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I think you get logged out if you dont post or switch page or something in 15 minutes.

I'm not sure. I'm willing to try it.

Counterfeit
October 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I'll do it, timezone is GMT, not that it will matter however, as I don't usually sleep 'till 4-5AM.

So any time will do for me.

dumbpikAchu
October 19th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Ok, Title says it all.... but seriously, isn't it a good idea? It could put all the participants in a hall of fame! ^_^ I've always wanted to be in a Hall Of Fame like in the Pokemon games...

Tyrantrum
October 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM
This might be in the wrong section, but I'm not too sure. :\

Too answer your question: It is possible to beat the record of members coming on in one day. :\
Though, it probably won't be for a while, or if a TON of people join at the same time maybe.
Plus, we're al very busy in life, so, like I said, might not be for a while. :\

Noah Ridgewood
October 19th, 2008, 11:33 AM
"Most users ever online was 995, June 28th, 2007".

Sorry, is July 4th the date you'd like to do this? If so, I think that most of the users may be busy on July 4th seeing of what day it means to Americans. But perhaps that's just me. Aside from that, as much as you'd like this to happen, people have lives aside from PC. And, like I said, July 4th just isn't a date to be doing something (if you mean by having this done on July 4th) like this. You know?

Vernikova
October 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
That would be very difficult and you would have to have a lot of time on your hands. You would have to convince 996 people to go on at the same time and day.

Possible but not likely.

CHG-Swampert
October 19th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Considering we need 996 people... I think that'd be pretty tough mate. We'd have to get some new members also. We getting them every day but not THAT many

Forci Stikane
October 19th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Ok, Title says it all.... but seriously, isn't it a good idea? It could put all the participants in a hall of fame! ^_^ I've always wanted to be in a Hall Of Fame like in the Pokemon games...

First of all, why July 4th as opposed to any other (holi)day?

Secondly, why are you asking now when that day is over eight months away?

Third, how would this put anybody into a "hall of fame" or anything of the sort? None of the people in the previous record got anything special out of it, now did they?

Fourth, how am I the first person to be asking these questions? T_T

Virtual Chatot
October 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Wha...What in the hell are you even talking about? Honestly O_o

Azonic
October 19th, 2008, 12:40 PM
That would be very difficult and you would have to have a lot of time on your hands. You would have to convince 996 people to go on at the same time and day.

Possible but not likely.Uh, no one is going to convince 100 people to come on at once. O_o Users visit this site naturally. Why July 4th anyways?

And for the whole "Hall of Fame" topic, there are going to be guests that help contribute to the number of members that are online. You can't exactly put someone in a Hall of Fame if they haven't registered.

The whole record breaking deal isn't going to happen for a while. o_o

dumbpikAchu
October 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Uh, no one is going to convince 100 people to come on at once. O_o Users visit this site naturally. Why July 4th anyways?

And for the whole "Hall of Fame" topic, there are going to be guests that help contribute to the number of members that are online. You can't exactly put someone in a Hall of Fame if they haven't registered.

The whole record breaking deal isn't going to happen for a while. o_o
ok then, maybe umm, uh, *whispers to self someday that isn't busy*.... December 31? or Jan.1? Nah, All the New Year stuff..:/ Umm, maybe some day in summer break for those of you that are still in school(college,but I doubt they have breaks)? Like June 1. nothing happens June 1,right?

KJ
October 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM

no you dont, because i leave my browser up all night and this is one of the site in my tabs thats open. i dont get logged out, i can wake up and go right to posting....but anyways Count me in!

Kardashian
October 19th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I want in!! But this is going to be very hard...

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'll do it but I doubt it is going to happen, how will you tell every one when to be on?
:/
But more power to you if you can make this happen.

Lusankya
October 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
At this rate we should have enough people in about... 10 years.

dumbpikAchu
October 19th, 2008, 05:51 PM
At this rate we should have enough people in about... 10 years.
yer so right mate....*sigh* drop it unless y'all are really anxious. in that case, keep urself logged in?

Eon-Rider
October 20th, 2008, 03:17 AM
no you dont, because i leave my browser up all night and this is one of the site in my tabs thats open. i dont get logged out, i can wake up and go right to posting....but anyways Count me in!

I'm very sure that's not what they mean. =.="

Trivia: Every time a new record is up, it is always during a time when I'm asleep.

♣Gawain♣
October 20th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I think I'll try. I have nothing to do here anyway. Pacific time zone is my TZ I think.

Cherrim
October 20th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Pro-tip: If you idle on the "Who's Online" page, it'll refresh it constantly so you'll always appear online while the browser is open.

If everyone picked a day/night to leave their computer and browser open to that page, it wouldn't be impossible, but... it would be quite a feat to actually manage it.
It doesn't log you out, but it does show you as offline if you don't visit in 15 or 20 minutes. So while you can sit down and post after leaving it open all night, you won't be shown in the online list the whole time.

Ascaris
October 20th, 2008, 09:18 AM
GMT+4

I'm in. PM me when this thing's gonna happen.

the bitter end.
October 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
4th of July, count me in, now we need to set a time for every time zone...

Water PKMN Trainer
October 20th, 2008, 09:36 AM
You can DEFINETLY count me in!!!

dumbpikAchu
October 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I'm glad we all didn't listen to my stupid side here :) thx for helping. Maybe, just maybe, On June 1 we could all leave our comps on?

[.εternity]
October 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Mr.Game and Watch would like to join!
Mr.Game and Watch sent out Who's Online!
Enemy Previous Record used Remain!
It's not very effective...
Who's Online used New Record!
It's super effective!
Previous record fainted!
New record gained Front Page listing!
New record grew to level 1000 and more!
Mr.Game and Watch completed his journey!
This came out of the blue but it took 15 minutes to think >.<