PDA

View Full Version : Need Ammo for a debate: Vespa Moped.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
October 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Well, I'm turning 15 soon and I want to get a class M lisense for motorcycles and Mopeds and I want to buy a Vespa.

It gets 80-100 miles to the gallon
It holds 2 gallons.
It is street legal.
It's 150CC. ( Whatever that means...)

But... I think one of the worst problems is that is goes about 50 MPH.

So, I need some good points on why I SHOULD be able to get it.!

Mechanic
October 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Get none, save the money and buy a cheap or not so cheap car later on.

But if you really want one, 50Mph is about 90Kph so it's a good investment IMO.

That's the speed of MOST normally used motorcycles so don't worry about it, if you still find it slow... Work, get money, mod it, done?

Lusankya
October 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Well, if you're going to be doing lots of highway driving, don't get. If you're just going to stay put locally, why not?

Master Electrician
October 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Well, the speed cap really is only something to worry about if you're doing freeway driving, and riding a bike/moped at freeway speeds is just a bad idea to begin with. But honestly, waiting a year and getting a standard license and a car will be much more practical.

Cassino
October 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hey people, this is not a debate about whether he should get a car or a moped, he's asking for points for arguing in favour of his case of getting a moped.

Anyway, so, you seem to have enough points to win over whoever you're extorting money from. That speed is actually fine, or should be. The only other point (and probably the most important one) is having a valid reason for getting the thing, but at your age I doubt there really is a valid reason.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
October 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Well, ^_^

It's not the fact that it goes 50MPH, it's local, so my parents thinks thats a little too fast for something like this.

And I want to have something to drive for the year, until I CAN drive a car. I have the money to buy one myself.

So I'm just trying to convince my parents that I should be able to get one.

Cassino
October 9th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Well, ^_^

It's not the fact that it goes 50MPH, it's local, so my parents thinks thats a little too fast for something like this.

And I want to have something to drive for the year, until I CAN drive a car. I have the money to buy one myself.

So I'm just trying to convince my parents that I should be able to get one.
Lucky little rich you then... well, I'm on your parents' side now you'ce said it's for local things. Assuming you have a bicycle, isn't that good enough?