PDA

View Full Version : Fanfiction of the Week (info and listing)

oni flygon
August 21st, 2004, 09:53 PM
note: The Fanfiction of the Week has been replaced by the Fanfiction of the Month

Fanfiction of the Week
Requirements and Information
Contributions by Tetsuya-san

Qualifications:- Properly written fanfics. This includes grammar, punctuation, etc. Description and sticking to story standards works.
- Length. A story qualifies if it has more than one chapter, or 5 pages (as justified by Microsoft Word).

How do I get my story to be fanfiction of the week?
Your fanfiction must be chosen by the moderator of the fanfiction forum if the moderator finds it appealing and standing out with the other fanfictions. They must be properly written and must be more than one chapter (one shots are an exception). Stereotypical fanfictions for example, if parts aren't made properly, usually have very little chances.

Where does a story go right or wrong?
Usually, good stories fit in with basic story requirements. If a story seems so outstanding, that a mod would really love it, then it works, and it could get Fanfiction of the Week. You can build onto your writing skills by reading the "Basic Pokémon Writing FAQ" (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=29844). It helps.

How are fanfictions chosen?
The moderators of this forum are good fanfiction writers themselves, so they know what's a good story or not. The moderators can either share their opinion on a story then put it through if they agree on it, or let one do it themselves. The selection of fanfics is kept to a standard.
Fanfiction of the week listings
As of August 15, 2005

Week of August 15, 2004 "More Velleity" by Frostweaver
Week of August 22, 2004 "Call of Dragons" by oni flygon
Week of August 29, 2004 "Another Way of Battling by Frostweaver
Week of September 5, 2004 "Falling White" by LilyPichu
Week of September 19, 2004 "The Road To Palantria" by Neo Pikachu
Week of September 26, 2004 "Forgiving Tears" by LilyPichu
Week of October 3, 2004 "Rifts In Time" by Beau'
Week of October 10, 2004 "The Quest for the Legends" by Dragonfree
Week of October 17, 2004 "Raven - Mechyena Saga" by Obsidian Blade
Week of October 24, 2004 "Pocket Monsters Chronicles" by Yamato-san
Week of October 31, 2004 "Who Shot Brendan Birch?" by Breezy
Week of November 9, 2004 "Guilty by Design" by Iveechan
Week of November 16, 2004 "Realizing Fate" by Breezy
Week of November 21, 2004 "Hex" by Mr. Cat Dog
Week of November 28, 2004 "Last Defense" by Dragonfree
Week of December 5, 2004 "Love's Lost" by oni flygon
Week of December 12, 2004 "The Trial of Juno - The Dawn of Hope" by Neo Pikachu
Week of December 19, 2004 "Sunset Beach" by Dragonfree
Week of January 2, 2005 "The Prize" by Jedi_Amara
Week of January 10, 2005 "The 1337est Mary-Sue Parody EVER!!! (ROFLLOLOMGWTF!)" by Mr Cat Dog
Week of January 17, 2005 "Into the Mud" by Aiya Quackform
Week of January 23, 2005 "Ties of Water and Fire" by Miyu-Chan
Week of January 30, 2005 "~The Legendarian Chronicles" by Chibi Pika
Week of February 6, 2005 "The One Drop" by Aiya Quakform
Week of February 17, 2005 "Twisted Hierarchy" by Obsidian Blade
Week of February 21, 2005 "Blue Eyes' Warriors" by Hitoshizuku
Week of February 28, 2005 "Destiny of Understanding" by Flatulus
Week of March 6, 2005 "The Wingèd :[Book One]: The Kuraitenshi " by Rebecca M. Renfeild
Week of March 13, 2005 "Konnichiwa!" by ActOnThat
Week of March 20, 2005 "memory" by Jedi_Amara
Week of March 29, 2005 "Fatality" by lilbluecorsola
Week of April 4, 2005 "May I?" by Breezy
Week of April 13, 2005 "Chocolate Heart" by LoveLy MiSha
Week of April 18, 2005 "The Utmost Loyalty" by Breezy
Week of April 30, 2005 "<< Soul Awakening >>" by blueguy
Week of May 15, 2005 "The Pokemon Detective" by Breezy
Week of May 31, 2005 "Northbridge" by Vampiric Angel
Week of June 5, 2005 "an letter off complaint!!!" by Breezy
Week of July 3, 2005 "Ionem" by Ionem
Week of July 17, 2005 "Misconception" (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44466) by Act
Week of August 6, 2005 "Collector" (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42323&afsrc=1) by Sandra's Chargon
Week of August 18, 2005 "Shackles" (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36614) by Dragonfree
Week of August 20, 2005 "Choice and Consequence (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43533) by purple_drake

If you have any more questions, post them here. The list will be updated weekly.

Entire thread edit: August 18, 2005

mozzie11
August 24th, 2004, 05:30 PM
What makes a story stand out?

oni flygon
August 24th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Not being in script form, length (minimum 5 pages in Microsoft Word), vivid and excelent description, creativity, etc.

Dizzy
August 24th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I wish any story I wrote was good enough to even consider being read by the great Oni and frostweaver (...wait...scratch that)

I wish any story I wrote was good enough to even consider being fan-fic of the week. All I can do is...Pray :)

pichugirl
September 3rd, 2004, 12:14 PM
is anyone here.Respond.Please.

oni flygon
September 3rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Erm...that's SPAM. Just ask questions here.

Lily
September 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
So there's a fanfiction of the week, huh? Neat! I have a question. Let's say your fic was extremely long, so no one bothered to read it, yet it was quite excellently done and legitimate enough to be the fic of the week. What do you do then? oO;;; If only the moderator sees it though, will it still matter? ^_^;

oni flygon
September 3rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
People like me and Frostweaver read them. Check the Fanfiction Lounge sometimes. And I know which ones are great fanfics and the ones that aren't... ^^

Kylie-chan
September 15th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Sadly, my stories have short chapters as I know from experience from bombed stories that overwhelmed ppl with the length. Mine sucks. :( Mine isn't creative or long but it'll get longer...
*starts crying*

Lily
September 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Aww Dark Pikachu! =O You can certainly try to make an improvement! Think, try and add more details to certain main events that occured in your story. You have to make an effort to make it long if that is what you wish, and for creative support, consider using the plot you have with many added twists that makes the fic more interesting than before. Imagination too! :3

*hugs and hands DP a tissue*

Kylie-chan
September 16th, 2004, 11:54 PM
I put in effort *cries harder* it's lack of skill not effort *takes tissue and blows nose* but thanks you've said nice stuff 'bout DoMT on serebii.net and i know you're soothing me im just an old crybaby
so wats this week's fan fic of the week (scuse the punctuation i put my stories through word spellchecker but i dun wanna do that for everything i say here)
b.t.w. congrats on 'falling white' Lily it is cool i didn't subscribe because on hpf i subscribed to everything and my inbox got cluttered (email inbox) :/

Lily
September 17th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Ah DP, if you put in effort, I am quite SURE there WILL be an improvement. (and what's DoMT again?) I know you have plenty of good skill as a writer if you try focusing on what your story is going to be, while adding stuff along the way. And I am CERTAIN that I am not soothing you because you think you're a crybaby (you're not), I'm merely trying to help, if that isn't working...^_^

And ty for the compliment! Just remember to try and really put effort in your story, skill or not. It shows whether or not you worked hard on it.

Kylie-chan
September 17th, 2004, 03:53 PM
^___^ But it is working. Thanks. Sometimes I just get really teary. I think it may be because I'm a Pikaform. Don't ask what it is. You'll all think I'm a crazy fusioner. If that's the word (fusioner)
*a pikaform is a cross between a pikachu and a castform, which reminds me of a temperamental pokemon cause it changes with the weather, paraphrase it to moods... and i'm a dark pikachu... so yeah*
*DoMT is my abbreviation for darkness of my tears...*

Lily
September 17th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Truth be told, I have no idea what it is but meh...

And you're very welcome. ^_~ I don't blame you if you get teary. A lot of people are fustrated by things they feel they cannot do, yet they can only if they try without giving up right away. Well, all I can say is best of luck with the next chapter! I honestly look forward to it and can't wait to read it! Good luck-

:3~

oni flygon
September 26th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Congrats to LilyPichu for being a two-time fanfic of the week author. XD

Lily
September 26th, 2004, 06:29 PM
:O!!!!!!!! :3~

*is so flattered*

Yay! Thanks Oni! XP *hugs* I never expected it until I saw the familiar bold print...Ah anyway, much thanks to you! I honestly wouldn't have expected it.

^_~

oni flygon
September 26th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't expect a 12 year old to write stories so good... You even outshine the older writers... *coughevenmecough* XD

Lily
September 26th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Nooo...I know older writers write much better than me, as I had stated before, all I do is string up some fancy words together, that's all. o.o; Nothing about good writing nope don't see one anywhere...Thanks again Oni so much! ^_^ Now I must be off celebrating while drinking champagne.

*runs off*

Mr Cat Dog
September 26th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Nooo...I know older writers write much better than me, as I had stated before, all I do is string up some fancy words together, that's all. o.o; Nothing about good writing nope don't see one anywhere...Thanks again Oni so much! ^_^ Now I must be off celebrating while drinking champagne.

*runs off*
12 year old shouldn't drink champagne! *grabs the bottle and starts helping himself* XD Anyways... it was between this and Rifts in Time for FanFic of the week. Hope Beau should get it next week though. ^_^

Kylie-chan
September 28th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I can't write, so why do I keep trying? Cos I like writing. So tough. Anyhows, I just updated DoMT, so if Oni and Frostweaver were insane enough to consider reading it and even considering it - OMG! - it's now longer than 8 pages in Word. I checked.

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 2nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Don't be upset about it. Niko didn't even credit me for starting the whole idea, giving it to Shadow, and then me telling Niko how it was managed. Of course, Niko does better management of it. And since Shadow no longer mods this forum, his critique no longer applies as Fanfiction of the Week is normally agreed by the moderators of that forum. How things change is all beyond me since I never said anything except that Fanfictions had to be properly written to qualify. It didn't matter if it was script, one-shot, or full ledged. But that doesn't stop me from picking one. ;)

I could even find a suitable guest picker since I don't see Niko anywhere...

NIKO!? WHERE ARE YOU? If you don't come, I'm sure to start finding Yellow.

oni flygon
October 2nd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Meh? I was depressed all week long so I wasn't here, that's why. I was so depressed, I couldn't even manage to update my own fanfic...

Lily
October 2nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
It's okay, take your time. Depression can lead to random things, and if you weren't here because of depression, I'm sure people understand. It's not a basic necessity or anything to update your fic, right? You always have plenty of time before you have to. ^_^

Hope you feel better oni!

oni flygon
October 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM
I've gone over it. I'm just a bit moody. It's a good thing I finished a one-shot before I ultimately became depressed...

Yamato-san
October 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Not being in script form, length (minimum 5 pages in Microsoft Word), vivid and excelent description, creativity, etc.

What's wrong with script format? If it's extremely well-done script, can you make an exception?

oni flygon
October 4th, 2004, 03:36 PM
What's wrong with script format? If it's extremely well-done script, can you make an exception?

I can describe unproperly written script in just one word: BORING

If it's well done. *coughShakespherecough* then I could accept it. But it's most unlikely for someone.

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 4th, 2004, 07:06 PM
It's the exclusion no one really agreed on, oni.

Lily
October 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM
I thought script fics were usually allowed for parodies and humors too, weren't they?

oni flygon
October 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM
It's the exclusion no one really agreed on, oni.

oh that? Meh. I didn't really like scripts that much. It's quite a bit of a pain to read them since half of the time, I forget who was talking...XD Reading Shakespheare's Julius Ceaser is even worse... X-X

I thought script fics were usually allowed for parodies and humors too, weren't they?

Hmm...good idea. Maybe I should think about it..

Yamato-san
October 4th, 2004, 08:59 PM
oh that? Meh. I didn't really like scripts that much. It's quite a bit of a pain to read them since half of the time, I forget who was talking...XD Reading Shakespheare's Julius Ceaser is even worse... X-X

How the hell can you forget who's talking when each person's name is put right in front of each line? Anyway, my fic (Pocket Monsters Chronicles) is meant to be rather serious, so it's obviously not a parody or humor story. My reason for doing script wasn't just to make things easier, but also because my story was conceived as a doujinshi manga that was abandoned, and script would just be a simpler way to convert that into writing format. I highly recommend people at least look at what kind of scripting I've done. Thus far, Mr. Catdog's left behind a very good complement about it.

T.W North
October 4th, 2004, 09:17 PM
When you say 5 pages long min, does that mean per chapter?
And script format is when its being written for a play, a fan-fiction is something like a novel(unless its a one shot). Plus, no matter how well written a script is, it cant really grab people attention until its acted out.

Mr Cat Dog
October 5th, 2004, 08:39 AM
When you say 5 pages long min, does that mean per chapter?
And script format is when its being written for a play, a fan-fiction is something like a novel(unless its a one shot). Plus, no matter how well written a script is, it cant really grab people attention until its acted out.Yes - 5 pages of Microsoft Word in the default settings of font is a good enough length normally for a FF of the Week. And, I would have to agree with you on that. Reading J.B. Priestly's "An Inspector Calls" in English has made me realise that acting is much better than reading in terms of script. Since this is Pokemon FanFiction, and not Pokemon Movie Multiplex, script fics aren't exactly great for showing off full writing ability to the maximum as something like a novel can.

Although I don't mind reading script fics - my review of Pocket Monsters Chronicles proves that - I would prefer to either see the script being acted out, or reading a compelling novel.

Kylie-chan
October 8th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I agree with Mr. Cat Dog. A script can be tragedy, or humour, parody, whatever, (even shipping but what the heck IS shipping anyway), but it'll have a tough job beating a story. It can't include much description or stuff unless it has a narrator (boring!!!!!), stuff that can shoot these stories to the top.

Stories rock. Scripts can only show real shine when put to images, if you don't mind me saying, because scripts just don't paint the picture. Sorry...

Yamato-san
October 9th, 2004, 12:41 AM
OK, so all in all, scripts seem to be overshadowed by story formats, no matter how good or bad either one is, just because. However, such a thing won't stop fics from becoming Fanfic of the Week, right? See, I'm very confident in the quality of my storyline, but I'd hate to see that it's shunned just because most people have a bias against my type of formatting.

Jolty-kun
October 9th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Congrats on making fanfic of the week guys^^, especially LilyPichu for being 2x winner, i might start writing soon o-o;; XD

Ryoutarou
October 9th, 2004, 03:03 AM
OK, so all in all, scripts seem to be overshadowed by story formats, no matter how good or bad either one is, just because. However, such a thing won't stop fics from becoming Fanfic of the Week, right? See, I'm very confident in the quality of my storyline, but I'd hate to see that it's shunned just because most people have a bias against my type of formatting.
Your forgetting a little fic called download...now that was in script format and it did really well.

D3L3T3D
October 9th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Funny, my fic got one good reply, and that was the ONLY reply. Yet, i'm keeping at it. If I could write Mindworld Tactics over on final Fantasy forums, I can write my fic!!! Haha!

Ahem. Don't kill me. :p

And some scripts are good, but i've seen few. I only use scripts to plot out cinematic type scenes for games.

Frostweaver
October 11th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Scripts are good of course. Real life examples such as "The Crucible" is an excellent script format play that's meant to be acted out, but still equally enjoyable when it's just read like a book.

HOWEVER, not that script fanfic is unaccetpable, but let's say it's 95% a failure...? My reasons...

a) scriptfic relies 100% on plot and tone to demonstrate character description, and I can hardly find tone in a non-script fanfic in PC... do you really think that someone in PC is going to be good enough to do an entire fanfic that bases all forms of character description on tone? Most likely, we'll result in some piece of crap known as "no description available."

b) script fanfic also relies on heavy usage of symbolism and other implicit means to get an idea across, since the narrator is dead and everything relies on what the character(s) see(s) and know(s). Symbolism again, is hard enough to think of in a normal fanfic, and we're trying to write something that is to be filled with them?

c) if your last name is Shakespeare then sure... as Oni pointed out already. By the way, how many Shakespeare are there in history again?

d) For those who has read Hamlet... recall the sword fight scene near the end of the book between Hamlet and his uncle, or how Macbeth slays the king. How did Shakespeare describe those "action scenes?" Now imagine how he did that, and try to describe a Pokemon battle that way... best of luck.

SBaby
October 11th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I find it just easier to write in third person, instead of Script Format. In Script Format, it is often the case that the only person that knows what is going on is the author. With Script Format, you have to describe things in way more detail than in any other format, so the audience knows what is going on.

Kylie-chan
October 17th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Glub, I don't care any more, cos I'm never gonna get it. I can't compete with people like Lily and Dragonfree.

Lily
October 18th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Dark Pikachu, if a 12 yr old can do it, so can you. Don't put yourself down like that, all you can hope for is to try and always give your best shot. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and that's a pity, isn't it? Dragonfree put her effort into the awesome fic we know today, and yours could be too. Just try and good luck. ^_~

Kylie-chan
October 19th, 2004, 01:08 AM
awww thanks

But like, there is a thing with writing. You either have that extra something, or you don't. So nah, I'm contented with the fact it's critically-acclaimed.

Miyu-chan
December 17th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I was just wondering... Can you include the link in past winners? (For lazy people like moi? xD)

oni flygon
December 18th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Hmm...I'll try that when I get the time or ask Lily for assistance...

Lily
December 20th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Oni-chan is lazy. :O~

Links...when I get time or ask Oni for assistance...

As for the FF of the week, congrats to dragonfree for being a three time winner. XD

*cold* ;_;

Dragonfree
December 20th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Three-time winner? o.O Holy crap, you're right... whoa...

Aiya Quackform
January 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I'd just like to thank the mods for organizing this Fic of the Week competition! It's really helping me to find some good fics fast in this rather vast Fan Fic Chamber. There are some truly fantastic one-shots here, including those by LilyPichu and Dragonfree. I hope that someday one of my fics will be on this list. ^_^

Regarding the most recent winner, "The Prize", it was surprisingly short, but beautifully and powerfully described. I could really see that Kirlia dancing and spinning on the dancefloor... It was beautiful!

Mr Cat Dog
January 11th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Ooooh, my little parody of crapness has now been FF of the Weekified. *Does a little dance* Thanks to whoever put it up there ^_^

oni flygon
January 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM
You're welcome...
>.> (mind is blank)

Miyu-chan
January 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM
O.O; Errr... Wow... Thanks...

I'm honored to have my fanfiction be FotW. o.o;

*is speechless*

Chibi Pika
January 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
To quote what I said in my thread: Holy Froot. Never would have expected LC being FanFic of the Week this early, seeing as it's got the slowest plot in the universe (Dragonfree, in your review on SPPF, you said the plot started quickly, unlike QftL, but really, my plot doesn't start until Chapter 27! X3) But anyways, whoa, I'm honored.

~Chibi~

Miyu-chan
January 31st, 2005, 09:29 PM
Congrats! =D You wrote a superb story. n___n *confetti*

Geometric-sama
February 2nd, 2005, 03:14 AM
I just like its style. :P I see a lot of overwritten Pokfics that use heavy language, but yours is great, although a little of it seems complicated for a second-grader.

Chibi Pika
February 2nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I know, mainly I wanted the Prologue to be flashbask-ish, seeing as the whole entire rest of the story is about six and 2/3 years later. Heh, I don't think I could overwrite if I tried, I only just barely learned how to describe minimally and my vocabulary is pathetic XP

electricgrass
March 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM
how do you read the fan fiction of the week?

oni flygon
March 14th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Well, the most current one is stickied...
The rest...well... you have to use the search button in this forum...

DarkCharlie
March 20th, 2005, 03:58 AM
If a fanfic is less than five pages in length, but it had about fifteen chapters written that are all three pages, would it have a chance?

Geometric-sama
March 20th, 2005, 04:18 AM
All fanfics have a chance, at any stage of their writing, just as long as they're good ^^ My entire fic was only 400 words but it still got a listing.

DarkCharlie
March 21st, 2005, 11:00 AM
I'm glad of that, 'cos all my Chapterrs are abour 3 pages. I've only done six so far, but the one reply I had was mostly good.

Geometric-sama
March 22nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
I suppose I can read yours if you want~ XD

DarkCharlie
March 23rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
If you want. Chapter Six'll be better. I haven't finished it yet. Look at my sig.

Lily
March 29th, 2005, 12:37 PM
*poke* Oniiiiiii-chan ;; I don't think Sunday will work out for me, considering how I always delay it. Is it possible to switch the days?...Unless, of course, it doesn't work for you. Then I'm fine. =/

oni flygon
March 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Okay, then let's move it on Monday! XD

Strawberry Delcatty
March 29th, 2005, 05:52 PM
One of these days, I WILL make fan fic of the week.

Dragonfree
March 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
*pokes Chains* *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge* *hopeful gleam*

Geometric-sama
March 29th, 2005, 07:01 PM
One of these days, I'll make it too... or three... XD *is always aiming higher*

And I still think Summer was better than memory... o_O Although Fwosty hasn't gotten around to reviewing memory yet XD

Strawberry Delcatty
May 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Is it just me, or are updates on the FFotW been slow lately?

Shuko
May 18th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Is it just me, or are updates on the FFotW been slow lately?

Lol. I was thinkin' that too... There're a coupla fics I've read on here that I'd like to submit as candidates, but... seeing as how no one else has posted here since... March?

Frostweaver
May 18th, 2005, 06:02 PM
It's just that FFotW is still there, just the record page (this page) isn't updated at the same time XD; Go bug Oni or Lily about it =p

electricgrass
May 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
how do u read old fanfics of the week ?

oni flygon
May 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
You search for them... well... just enter the title on the search engine here in this forum...

Geometric-sama
May 22nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Wasn't one of the mods gonna go through and add links sometime? XD

oni flygon
May 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Well, Lily and me were going to but then we just forgot about it...

Man...I forgot to update again...but Lily was supposed to do it ... ><

Lily
May 28th, 2005, 06:32 AM
FF of the week on the 29th.

I skipped a whole week. =o=;

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 15th, 2005, 05:16 AM
=O Lily, you should know better. Actually, maybe no need for me to intervene. Do you two alternate between weeks now?

oni flygon
June 15th, 2005, 07:50 AM
We always do... but Lily forgets and then I forget and... yeah...>>

Lily
June 18th, 2005, 12:50 PM
We always do... but Lily forgets and then I forget and... yeah...>>

Wahhh~~~ So it's my fault now? 0__0;;;

...Okay, technically it is, but contrary to popular belief, I have not forgotten this time! >=D Seriously. I've sifted through the Fanfiction section and tried looking for one, but couldn't. This repeated precisely four times to date.

I'd feel bad if I keep picking the fanfiction by the same author again and again; sometimes, it can't be helped, of course, but in the end, I wind up not choosing any thus making the whole thing pointless. ><

I mean...if Onii-chan has suggestions, then I'd gladly pick it.

Sorry! I just couldn't pick. <__< Sorry! Again, I'm really sorry! TToTT

oni flygon
June 18th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I couldn't pick anything, too... usually just Breezy fics... o.o

Lily
June 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM
...Sorry! TT_TT

I DID mean to pick a Breezy fic...of course, they're all wonderful, but maybe it's the tinge of guilt of picking the same author repeatedly. That doesn't necessarily apply to the quality of her stories, though! ^^;

Onii-chan, I think I got it from you. =]

oni flygon
June 18th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Hey, I have a faulty guilt complex... I'm always guilty whenever I pick her fics because people might go: "Her again?" ... >>

Lily
June 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Same with me. >___< Perhaps Breezy should educate some of the writers on the art of..erm....goingonffoftheweekthreadthingy.

oni flygon
June 18th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Yeah, true... we need to update the writing guide anyways. Frosty said he'll update it but he has exams...>>

Lily
June 18th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Then it's settled. ^_^; I'll try picking the ff of the week, but it isn't guaranteed.

(Oh, out of topic, but I love your profile pic!) <3

oni flygon
June 18th, 2005, 01:05 PM
o.o

It's been always like that, Lileh... XD

btw... your mailbox is full...

Lily
June 18th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Ah, sorry! I didn't know. Sorry. >_<

I've cleared out a few messages...it shouldn't be full now. ^_^;

SilverBlaze09
June 18th, 2005, 02:41 PM
<.<;

You're having hard times picking FFotW?

Why not get others on it?

I mean, I've seen LBC running around here and there, and CP, and a coupla others. If you want to find a story to sticky, just PM one of the reviewers who have loads of time and give them the specs for FanFic of the Week. THEY can do the looking. Of course, they hafta have time, too...

*shrugs* Of course, you COULD just put it to a vote.

'FFotW voting'.

SilverBlaze09

Geometric-sama
June 18th, 2005, 08:04 PM
You could ask Fwosty dear~ XD *goes to write more that could be considered*

SilverBlaze09
July 1st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Ah was meandering through the thread, and I was wondering.

Do you two want to get the links for the FFotWs, or can I do that in my copious spare time?

SilverBlaze09

Received permission from teh 00b3r LilyPichu. Here they are.

Mere Valleity, frostweaver: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14867

Call of Dragons, Niko: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14397

Another Way of Battling, frostweaver: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15667

Falling White, LilyPichu: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24902&highlight=Falling+White

The road to Palantria, Neo Pikachu: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16741

Forgiving Tears, LilyPichu: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17889

Rifts in Time, Beau': http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17941&highlight=Rifts+Time

The Quest for the Legends, Dragonfree: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18730

Raven-Mechyena Saga, Obsidian Blade: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19125

Pocket Monsters Chronicles, Yamato-San: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18956

Who shot Brendan Birch?, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18645

Guilty by Design, Iveechan: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20951

Realizing Fate, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19101

Hex, Mr Cat Dog:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22089

May I?, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33268

Last Defense, Dragonfree: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22707

Love's Lost, Niko: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23567

The Trial of Juno: The Dawn of Hope, Neo Pikachu: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24274

Sunset Beach, Dragonfree: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25290

The Prize, Jedi_Amara: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=26184

The 1337est Mary-Sue parody EVER!!! (ROFLLOLOMGWTF!), Mr Cat Dog: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27091

Into the Mud, Aiya Quackform: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27442

Ties of Water and Fire, Miyu-Chan: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27901

The Legendarian Chronicles, Chibi Pika: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=28851

The One Drop, Aiya Quackform: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12848

Twisted Hierarchy, Obsidian Blade: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30529

Blue Eyes' Warriors, Hitoshizuku: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31114

Destiny of Understanding, Flatulus: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=29162

The Wingd :[Book One]: The Kuraitenshi, Rebecca M. Renfield: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31959

Konichiwa!, ActOnThat: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31189

memory, Jedi_Amara: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30238

Fatality, lilbluecorsola: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34528

May I?, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33268

Chocolate Heart, LoveLy MiSha: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35552

The Utmost Loyalty, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36149

<<Soul Awakening>>, blueguy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=37033

The Pokmon Detective, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=38585

Northbridge, Vampiric_Angel: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=39626

an letter off compaint!, Breezy: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=32453

Ionem, Ionem: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42619

That's all of them. When I found multiple copies, I chose the newest ones by default.

Lily
July 8th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Wow...I can't express my thanks.

Thank you very much! ^^! XP I appreciate the time given.

SilverBlaze09
July 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
*folds hands into cloak and bows head* You are welcome.

Let me know if you have any other odd jobs that need doing, for I have too much time on my hands and too little to do. XD

SilverBlaze09

Sandra's Chargon
August 6th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hmm I got it for this week? Oo Never expected hat, people usually hate my gore fests...

More so when it must be confusing when based on a one shot thats based on a what if on a mIRC rp lol oo;;

Lilz I'm surprised at you, supporting somebody trying to kill Yams.

Sandra

Lily
August 6th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Meh. I haven't seen Yami in ages.

T'was good though, I won't deny that fact. ^^

Wow. I'm actually higher than you on this forum. You must obey me now and do whatever I say. 8)

Sandra's Chargon
August 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Get back to SPPF and I own you :D

Yams refuses to come into SPP due to a certain onion, for more pm so we don;t spam up :D

Still, a gore fic being rated good...

Sandra

Lily
August 6th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Pfft. I have the power of RPGs in SPPf so technically, *I* own you. >=P (Yami RPs there, does she not?)

Back on Topic~

Who cares if it is gore, although, why'd you have to go kill off Erika... Either way, I thought it was good enough. oO

But killing off Erika...le sigh. In a grotesque manner too. >>

oni flygon
August 12th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Lily, as if you know that I'm on leave and you suddenly appear and you suddenly feel like you have the right to say the green forum...

Lily
August 17th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Without Niko here, I'm guessing this will be a bit delayed.

n___n; Congrats to Dragonfree for getting this four times. xD

oni flygon
August 18th, 2005, 04:33 PM
And that's more than I had before I was a mod

Lily
September 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM
Niko, when does the FFotM start? It's September, after all. :33~

(rofl that song :x)

Harubi
October 1st, 2005, 02:53 PM
Unfourtenatly my Fan fiction doesn't seem to be HOT in the eyes of the members here, though my close friends who've followed the story really loved it. How can i make people from the forums read my Fiction?

oni flygon
October 1st, 2005, 08:58 PM
by not doing what you just did
;D

If your fanfiction is still open, it's either that:

a) I really like it and I would comment on it
b) It's so mediocre and predictable that I can't close it but I don't want to waste any life force by commenting
c) almost to the brink of closing but I would comment on it and ask the author to do a good job but usually I just did it and it turned out to be like (b) because the author just discontinues.

or

d) I personally know the author and I would always give them the "good job" via IM or FF lounge

oh yeah, one last thing:

If your friends don't consist of the regulars in the fanfiction lounge, don't trust them when it comes to writing

;D

Harubi
October 2nd, 2005, 01:08 AM
Lol, well i know them in real life. I can trust them and there following my series on DeviantART. None the less, i'll still continue my Fan Fiction.