PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Yuoaman
October 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM
So how are you guys going to celebrate Thanksgiving on Monday?

I'm going to be spending the day at my grandparents'.

Confuse
October 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM
You mean Colombus Day, right? Thankgiving isn't 'till November.

For Colombus Day, I hope to have some friends over, then go see a movie. I hope.

Nuke
October 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM
We in Britain dont celebrate it as you may already know.

Midnight Beat
October 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I think Thanksgiving is on different dates in different countries. [I]American[I] Thanksgiving is in November, but he might not be American. :\

Yuoaman
October 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM
...darn American...

In Canada, Thanksgiving is in October, and it's this Monday. We don't have Columbus Day...

Sounds
October 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
hmmm...in France,thanksgiving is in December,and then comes new year(awesome). haha well i think ts gonna be the same as always, spending it with my family...

Aurafire
October 11th, 2008, 09:03 AM
O.O I totally forgot Thanksgiving was in October for Canadians....

But I can tell you the I WILL be celebrating Thanksgiving at my grandparents as well =P

Cherrim
October 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I'll be spending Thanksgiving fighting off this awful cold and deciding on my courses to take next term as well as who to vote for on Tuesday. ;_;'

My aunt might be coming over but my parents went out for dinner with her last week so I'm not even sure. Whether she comes over or not, though, I'm mostly just spending the weekend relaxing at home with my family. ♥

Kirakishou
October 11th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I'm English, so I won't be celebrating either day. However, if there is some cause to celebrate on Monday, this gives me a wonderful excuse to sit in my room and play Halo 3 all day.

TRIFORCE89
October 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I don't think we actually have plans this year for Thanksgiving. :x

But happy Thanksgiving all the same.

Jorah
October 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Well, no, since I come from England haha

Gummy
October 11th, 2008, 01:28 PM
We'll do what we do every Thanksgiving: call up family from all over the country and have one enormous dinner.

Josephine
October 11th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Being Brittish I don't celebrate it.

And being completely honest I don't know what the holiday is about either. :x
A part from the obvious theme of giving thanks. xD

Gumball Watterson
October 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I wonder why British don't celebrate Thanksgiving... Oh well, too much Texas History homework is disturbing my American History Memory...

For Thanksgiving? I'll be spending it at my house, the casual kind, Turkey, PUMPKIN PIE OMG!, Sour Cookie Cake, and maybe mashed potatoes, depending on whether Obama wins or not.

Zenoah
October 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
When it comes in November for me, it'll be at my uncle's house since it's bigger. My grandparents have moved back up from Florida so this'll be their first with everyone in years!
I think a few members of the family will be there as well.

Saryka
October 11th, 2008, 08:16 PM
My turkey day tomorrow will be spent at home with family. We'd go to my aunt's house, but she has two cat's and I'm allergic to cats. D: It's gonna be a small dinner with a few people - but I prefer that over having thanksgiving with a huge family.

Gerri Shin
October 11th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I will be enjoying a day filled with family food and sleeping. This year I plan to take over my uncle ralph's roll of occupying the couch all afternoon.
*thanks the lord for letting it be a day where work is cancelled*

Ullion
October 11th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Thanksgiving isn't just the Monday, for Canadians its both Sunday and Monday, and which day the families eat varies from family to family. For our family, we celebrate on Sunday, and big Turkey dinner!

But this year is a twist, my dad and I are going to a Raptors preseason game in the afternoon because my uncle won 2 SECOND ROW (yeah SECOND ROW) seats!

Mariah Carey
October 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving in New Zealand. But I take advantage of the shopping sales anyway.

LilLoveGirl
October 12th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I'ts a ways away! You know!!!

Charon
October 12th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I wonder why British don't celebrate Thanksgiving... Oh well, too much Texas History homework is disturbing my American History Memory....

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't Thanksgiving something to do with the Pilgrims? And the native Americans?
I don't know, being English, but.... yeah. We don't do it. One huge blow-out meal a year is enough for me! Our 'turkey day' is Christmas, basically.

Joey the Cockroach
October 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM
well it usually differs on which holidays we get in every country.

like Charon said, we only get turkeys for christmas. i dont even know if we have something similar to Thanksgiving though.

ShadowofTime01
October 12th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think i'll raise a glass to Christophoro Columbo and then go to class and do hw... Darn America and it's not celebrating Thanksgiving on Columbus Day...

Yuoaman
October 12th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Well Thanksgiving is basically celebrated because of the goodwill which the Native Americans showed to the people immigrating to North America, so it's pretty much a North American exclusive holiday.

Volkner's Apprentice
October 12th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I usually spend Thanksgiving at the G-parents house. It's definitely a nice time, even if we're not crazy about spending time with family, it's still good food and quality time.

Also American, though, so that doesn't get here until November. :P I'm not looking forward to working Black Friday after that though @_@

Syrex
October 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I wait until the weekend.

Then we have a giant fest :D

Mewcario
October 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I eat food on thanksgiving :)

Yuoaman
October 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I eat food on thanksgiving :)

O_o

I would have never guessed. I guess that's why many nickname this holiday: "Turkey Day".[/sarcastic comment]