PDA

View Full Version : Rubik's Cube

Aurafire
October 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Can anyone else here solve it? My record is about a minute or so XD

Yu_&_Rei
October 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM
you solved it in a minute?!?!?! It took me 4 hours to solve it!! I hate how cheaters will take of the colour panels and stick them in one square to make it look like it was complete.

Rellyms
October 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
you solved it in a minute?!?!?! It took me 4 hours to solve it!! I hate how cheaters will take of the colour panels and stick them in one square to make it look like it was complete.

Wow I don't even know you and you hate me.I'm a cheater if I can't get all the colors I take the sticker off. This usaully happens when I get all sides then it's those two sides that won't go.

Aurafire
October 11th, 2008, 06:11 PM
XD You guys should actually learn how instead of....taking off the stickers. (cheaters =P)

It's really not that hard, just a little memorization (Well, maybe a little more than a little ^_^)

Ruphire
October 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do it in about a minute!!! I've been working on mine for 4 years!!

Josephine
October 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Even taking off the stickers and re-placing them is too tricky for me. I simply memorize how I muddled it up (Only a few turns however) and then repeat those steps backwards. xD

Fool's most people. ^^

Lusankya
October 11th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I think there's some special pattern you can use to solve the cube... and I always thought it was spelled Rubix Cube.

Master Jecht
October 11th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I cant solve it. I had a friend in school that that could solve it in less than a minute. He gave me a shot at it. It started off solved but then he did two moves without me looking and i had to figure out the two moves. It was still too hard. I suck at it ><

Mariah Carey
October 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I've never solved one of those things in my life. They. Are. EVIL.

Gummy
October 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM
So many of the kids at my school seem to be able to solve that thing within seconds, but I can't barely get two sides. That cube is so damn frustrating.

Jubilation
October 11th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I've never solved one xD;

Lee Jin Tyz
October 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
i can solve a rubix cube. My best record is .53. Its actually not as hard as they seem. And no i didnt learn from typing how to solve a rubix cube on google. However I tried and woah that stuff was way to confuzing. So i just taught myself.

Aurafire
October 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
It was partially my fascination with how it worked that made me decide to finally get one and figure it out.

You can do some cool stuff with it besides that actual solving of it, like mathematical observations an certain creative patterns =P. I scramble and solve it a few times a day just so I don't get rusty XD.

destinedjagold
October 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM
is Rubik's the correct word, 'cause I really don't know... :\

anyways, my friends in college can solve it in a few seconds.
they are also filming themselves to be uploaded in YouTube... :P
dunno if they already uploaded it though... :\

my brother is learning how to solve it, though. ;)

World King
October 12th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Ah, Rubik's Cube. Been a long time since I solved one of those... Last I checked, I solved one in 2 min, 16 secs. I haven't touched one of those in a while, so I might take more in these moments. Just gotta find it, now... xD

Cassino
October 12th, 2008, 05:28 AM
http://www.scalzi.com/whatever/futility0519a.jpg

Still, I must admit I've never even tried.

Brien
October 12th, 2008, 05:31 AM
i've gotten it down to under a minute, me and my friend were in a "logics'' club.

we were bored.

I also could look at one and do up to 2 sides with my eyes closed, but i wasn't patient enough to do it other wise.

ErickaVolt
October 12th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Rubik's Cube is easy to assemble. You need to memorize few moves/turns.

Saltare.
October 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I've solved Rubik's cube in this time :50:13 seconds. My longest was....4 days when I first tried. I've also slved Rubik's Magic in under a minute

Syrex
October 12th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I've tried so many times to solve a Rubik's cube.

I give up after a few hours... I can't seem to do it. haha.

Lusankya
October 12th, 2008, 07:48 AM
http://www.rubikssolver.com/ is a great website for beginners to solving Rubik's Cubes, with step by step instructions and pictures!

Syrex
October 12th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Very nice!

Thanks alot for the helper, Lusankya!

popsicles.
October 12th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Ohyes. It lies somewhere in my closet XD
But I never actually solved it :x

Aurafire
October 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I'm glad everyone is so interested! O.O

Yeah....the day I got it I sat down and memorized all the moves. Took a while, but once you have them down you can solve it no matter how scrambled it is =P

Azonic
October 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I've never been able to solve a Rubik's Cube. One of my friends is a genius at them though, but I can't afford to spend the time to solve it on my own. So I just take the stickers off and put them in the right place. XD;

Confuse
October 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I've never been able to solve it. My sister just got one recently, and together we learned how to solve one side.

Now we're stuck.

Trap-Eds
October 12th, 2008, 09:53 PM
My friend has one of those cubes. I don't think she's ever gonna solve it, though....:/
And as for me, I've never solved one. I don't have that type of attention span.

Kid: *slaps down a solved cube* GOT IT!!
Hahah, I love those commercials. :D

RYOUKI
October 12th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Oh yes, my cousin has that cubes. Actually she taught me how to form 1 side of the cube, and I'm not smart enough to form 2. o.o;;

Jorah
October 13th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Rubik's Cubes and this (http://pokemon-movie.jp/playground/patipatipuzzle.html) type of thing are like my enemies. They make my head hurt and I hate them so much. Yes, I *am* aware the link is to a children's game, but I can NOT do them! They end up making me angry so I decide to stop very quickly...

Aurafire
October 13th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Rubik's Cubes and this (http://pokemon-movie.jp/playground/patipatipuzzle.html) type of thing are like my enemies. They make my head hurt and I hate them so much. Yes, I *am* aware the link is to a children's game, but I can NOT do them! They end up making me angry so I decide to stop very quickly...

You just have to practice at them for a while...it's all about memorizing patterns and such. But it's fine if you're not into those kinds of puzzles ^_^...I wasn't quite sure how to start the game because I epic fail at Japanese.

Lusankya
October 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM

I beat that in 1 min 12 seconds. ^^

I've solved Rubik's cubes before, it just takes me a long time...

Yamikarasu
October 13th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't done it in a while, but I think my best time was under three minutes. :/

Jorah
October 14th, 2008, 12:31 PM
You just have to practice at them for a while...it's all about memorizing patterns and such. But it's fine if you're not into those kinds of puzzles ^_^...I wasn't quite sure how to start the game because I epic fail at Japanese.

I can't read Japanese either XD Just click the red bar and then click the picture you want to move into the space

I beat that in 1 min 12 seconds. ^^

Ahh no way, I ended up clicking random boxes in frustration XD

El Gofre
October 14th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I've brought my time down recently, I can now do a side in 10 seconds. It's a pity I can't get more than 3 sides done at any one time :P

Lusankya
October 14th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Which really just means that you still can't solve a Rubik's cube. ^^

Bludycomicsinc
October 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I can NEVER solve it. It's really tough man.

Michii
October 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I know how to solve it with a video, but I can't be bothered actually taking time to learn the order when I have vocabulary to study for. :p I can now solve two sides just whenever, but it takes a good five to ten minutes. Before I even watched anything, I once had a Rubik's Cube that I was so frustrated with, that I threw it against a brick wall, shattering the block into little blocks, which also shattered into fractions of little blocks. :33;

Aurafire
October 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I know how to solve it with a video, but I can't be bothered actually taking time to learn the order when I have vocabulary to study for. :p I can now solve two sides just whenever, but it takes a good five to ten minutes. Before I even watched anything, I once had a Rubik's Cube that I was so frustrated with, that I threw it against a brick wall, shattering the block into little blocks, which also shattered into fractions of little blocks. :33;

Who knew a simple puzzle could cause so much rage O.O

Michii
October 15th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Who knew a simple puzzle could cause so much rage O.O
Hey, now you're a rockstar, get your game on, go playyy, that was years ago. I was only eleven or twelve and I was pissed off xDD. It made me feel better, though, if you're wondering. :]]

Aurafire
October 15th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hey, now you're a rockstar, get your game on, go playyy, that was years ago. I was only eleven or twelve and I was pissed off xDD. It made me feel better, though, if you're wondering. :]]

XD Smash Mouth quote.....

I'm sure it did. It can be kinda frustrating, but it's fun once you know how to do it. =P

the bitter end.
October 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Ah, I can never solve those things, so difficult...

GKS
October 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I used to do it in about 3 and a half minutes. Now my Rubik's Cube is broken, gotta fix it. My dad could solve it too, he taught me.

♣Gawain♣
October 16th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Lol, if you tried recording mine, I think it'll be several months before I complete one color. It's very tiring.>_>

Trap-Eds
October 18th, 2008, 11:00 AM

Heehee, I know what you mean. Those are so annoying!!

Lynnx
October 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Ugh, puzzles. >.< I can do one side of a Rubik's Cube, but I've never solved the whole thing because I'm too impatient to just sit there fiddling with it. A bunch of people I know can solve the things in a minute or so, so I just watch them. xP

Rise Against
October 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Rubix cubes are hard... to challenging

/Circa
October 19th, 2008, 02:17 AM

That was easy, took like less then 20 seconds :S
Rubiks cubes are pretty hard, but they are good for training brains into some logic ;D, plus it's good if you want to learn to stop getting angry easy.

My best was like 5 minutes, I don't care about the time, rather getting it done.

Lusankya
October 19th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I just can't figure out how they MAKE the things. You can move each cube individually, yet they're all attached to each other!

Obito.
October 19th, 2008, 04:40 AM
most ive been able to do is one side and i was at it for 2 hours, i hate those things!