PDA

View Full Version : Drinking... :'(

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
What do you think about drinking?

Like, drinking to get drunk. or having a beer, glass of wine. ect.

I think it's fine to have a glass of wine at dinner

But, I'm beginning to see a issue with myself.

I seem to be wanting to go out during the weekends and want to get drunk all the time. When my step-dad gives me a beer I can drink it really fast and want more.

There was even times I snuck shots of Alcohol and cups of Long island iced tear :/

What do you all think about it?

Lusankya
October 18th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Sounds like you're falling into the deep dark abyss that is alcoholism.

Horizon
October 18th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Do not go out and get drunk at the weekends. There's no point to it; it may seem fun at the time but all you end up with is a lighter wallet and a bad headache.

Drinking is fine in moderation; I find that it is good when you need to relax. Just don't overexert yourself or you'll regret it.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Sounds like you're falling into the deep dark abyss that is alcoholism.

I really hope not, I mean, I'm only 17. not even close to legal age.

Do not go out and get drunk at the weekends. There's no point to it; it may seem fun at the time but all you end up with is a lighter wallet and a bad headache.

Drinking is fine in moderation; I find that it is good when you need to relax. Just don't overexert yourself or you'll regret it.

I know there is no point. I can't really explain why I do. I always say to myself, "No, I will not drink" and I end up doing it anyway :(

Master Electrician
October 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
What you might want to do is question why you drink. Is it a compulsion, is there something you're trying to escape, or are you ding it for fun/socially? Look at your motivations.

It's a tempting thing, I admit. I live in an area where recreational binge drinking is commonplace. But I don't feel like I need to. Think about why you feel the need to drink before you go any further.

Spinor
October 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
You need to drink to live anyways! Without drinks you die.

Wait. Beer?

No dude. Alcoholic drinks are T3h 3mo's Suicid3. I recommend you take therapy and stop that beer train in its tracks and launch it to hell before it's too late.

And being 17 makes matters an infernal pit. You should'v waited until the age of 30. When the body is fully developed and addiction is way harder. Chances are, if you don't stop, you'll drink and drive home, confuse red for yellow, advance at 30MPH, crash into a Coke Truck (because there are almost no Pepsi trucks) and die an explosive death in 3 years.

But that's my opinion. Only you control your future.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 10:26 AM
What you might want to do is question why you drink. Is it a compulsion, is there something you're trying to escape, or are you ding it for fun/socially? Look at your motivations.

It's a tempting thing, I admit. I live in an area where recreational binge drinking is commonplace. But I don't feel like I need to. Think about why you feel the need to drink before you go any further.

I think the reason I do it is because I'm just depressed all the time. I'm even on Zoloft

Trap-Eds
October 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I think the reason I do it is because I'm just depressed all the time. I'm even on Zoloft

Ooo, that's not good. There are other ways to relieve stress and depression than drinking. Write, draw, listen to music, TALK TO PEOPLE. You'll feel a lot better once you let out your stress in a non-drinking-and-drugs way. Especially in the long run. :3:

But anyway, about drinking in general....a little bit is fine, but when I'm of drinking age the last thing I'm gonna do is get drunk. It just ain't right!! :shocked:

Gary, the Magic Fairy
October 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Alcohol + Antidepressants = Bad Idea. It will kill your liver faster than just drinking, among other things.

I read that it stops the Zoloft from working, so drinking is probably not helping your depression. Another thing I read was that in some people, mixing Zoloft with alcohol can make people crave more alcohol.

I would suggest you NOT drink at all. Try to avoid it, and hope the Zoloft works.

Drinking because of depression usually doesn't end well. :\

Kelster
October 18th, 2008, 11:06 AM
It's pretty terrible how such a thing has become so "regular" in teens today. I can overhear people in my school talking about last weekend's party and the one coming up...
Don't get sucked into it D:
Wouldn't you rather remember what you did on the weekend?

.Iramet
October 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I'm 14 turning 15 and have been offered alcohol so many times.
So one of these many times I decided I would go to the party.
I took one sip of a green bottle(I think it was heineken)and I almost threw up.
It was absolutely disgusting, and then I thought to myself "What are you doing here" and after that night never drank again.
So dude don't drink it's not good for you unless your body is ready for it, and it tastes like crap anyway.
Just wondering was it you who decided to drink or did peer pressure get to you?

Cassino
October 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I don't oppose or advocate drinking, alcohol's nice to have on occasion but in the end I'd rather be drinking Pepsi or something.

Vernikova
October 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
You're suppose to drink it quick so you don't taste it... awkward.

Anyway, I think you should drink alcohol during occasions such as parties or other things. You shouldn't drink if you know you're not going to stay at your friend's house and go on the Belt Parkway and almost crash into a car that's merging!!!!

I'm happy that I use the train more these days. Also, no, I've never fallen under peer pressure.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I'm 14 turning 15 and have been offered alcohol so many times.
So one of these many times I decided I would go to the party.
I took one sip of a green bottle(I think it was heineken)and I almost threw up.
It was absolutely disgusting, and then I thought to myself "What are you doing here" and after that night never drank again.
So dude don't drink it's not good for you unless your body is ready for it, and it tastes like crap anyway.
Just wondering was it you who decided to drink or did peer pressure get to you?

I decided on my own. I'll try to stop for awhile and see if it improves any, my depression that is.

I don't oppose or advocate drinking, alcohol's nice to have on occasion but in the end I'd rather be drinking Pepsi or something.

I really do enjoy pepsi, I would I'd get addicited to that and become fat :P

Pechachu
October 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
My father has always had alcohol in the house, but I've never really had the urge to drink it. Even he rarely touches it, and if he's out at the pub he's usually the designated driver and prefers a soft drink.
I'm allowed to drink in the house, and on some occasions I do, but it's nothing great to me- I can't stomach anything other than alcopops. I'd rather have a coke or a J2O instead. :/
Maybe that's just the way I was brought up, but it seems that every weekend my friends go out binge drinking, most of whom are less than 17 years old. You know it's bad when you're out walking in the street and you see your friends vomiting everywhere and struggling to get home.

Volkner's Apprentice
October 18th, 2008, 12:42 PM
The best thing to do is find three or four things you love to do/eat/drink. Then just keep doing those; sure you might find yourself addicted to something a lot less harmful like cupcakes or Pepsi or even Super Smash Bros XD but at least it isn't alcohol.

Alcohol is fine in moderation, especially if you're a college/university student (but it looks like you're not..). There's plenty of things college students can be having fun with without drinking, though, (this isn't directed toward you.) Have a movie night or do a giant study group to get everyone's homework out of the way before the weekend, even just going out to play tennis or soccer with a big group can be really addicting and keep you away from the party scene!

Parties can be fun, but if you're a bad dancer, not interested in hooking up with someone, or don't really like drinking, then it can get boring and awkward fast. Make sure you give your friends healthy alternatives and seriously convince them otherwise. Not to say you have to avoid parties altogether! (social suicide XD) but definitely mix it up.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM
The best thing to do is find three or four things you love to do/eat/drink. Then just keep doing those; sure you might find yourself addicted to something a lot less harmful like cupcakes or Pepsi or even Super Smash Bros XD but at least it isn't alcohol.

Alcohol is fine in moderation, especially if you're a college/university student (but it looks like you're not..). There's plenty of things college students can be having fun with without drinking, though, (this isn't directed toward you.) Have a movie night or do a giant study group to get everyone's homework out of the way before the weekend, even just going out to play tennis or soccer with a big group can be really addicting and keep you away from the party scene!

Parties can be fun, but if you're a bad dancer, not interested in hooking up with someone, or don't really like drinking, then it can get boring and awkward fast. Make sure you give your friends healthy alternatives and seriously convince them otherwise. Not to say you have to avoid parties altogether! (social suicide XD) but definitely mix it up.

I've found myself drinking alot of Kool-aid lately.
Kool-aid and Anime is all I really have.

My father has always had alcohol in the house, but I've never really had the urge to drink it. Even he rarely touches it, and if he's out at the pub he's usually the designated driver and prefers a soft drink.
I'm allowed to drink in the house, and on some occasions I do, but it's nothing great to me- I can't stomach anything other than alcopops. I'd rather have a coke or a J2O instead. :/
Maybe that's just the way I was brought up, but it seems that every weekend my friends go out binge drinking, most of whom are less than 17 years old. You know it's bad when you're out walking in the street and you see your friends vomiting everywhere and struggling to get home.

I agree, I always find a place to stay when I do go drinking on the weekends. I'd never go home. It'd shame my parents.

txteclipse
October 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I know there is no point. I can't really explain why I do. I always say to myself, "No, I will not drink" and I end up doing it anyway

That's called addiction. It's probably minor now (I don't know how long this has been going on for you or how bad it really is), but it can and probably will get worse if you don't correct yourself or seek help.

On a personal note, alcoholism runs in my family (my grandfather was an abusive alcoholic and eventually drank himself to death), so I'm basically going to try and never touch the stuff. I know that alcohol is okay in moderation, but I'm not willing to take the chance with my family history. If you've had (or have) alcoholic relatives, your chances of being an alcoholic are higher than normal, so bear that in mind.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
That's called addiction. It's probably minor now (I don't know how long this has been going on for you or how bad it really is), but it can and probably will get worse if you don't correct yourself or seek help.

On a personal note, alcoholism runs in my family (my grandfather was an abusive alcoholic and eventually drank himself to death), so I'm basically going to try and never touch the stuff. I know that alcohol is okay in moderation, but I'm not willing to take the chance with my family history. If you've had (or have) alcoholic relatives, your chances of being an alcoholic are higher than normal, so bear that in mind.

I started drinking at the age of 15. It's two years now.

My parents are both heavy drinkers and whenever i crave some alcohol, I just ask them and they either give it to me or buy it for me if I have the money. All I have to do is drive them to the store. Seeing how they are drunk all the time. I don't think they realize they are buying me alcohol.

Another thing, I'm quite popular along the party crowd because I can get the alcohol no problem. So, I don't know who my real friends are and who are not using me to get them alcohol.

Of course I know for a fact that I have a few friends that are not using me. Brooke, Matt, Tyler, and my Step-brother. They never ask me to get them alcohol, nor do they drink. They've all been trying to get me to stop. It was working for awhile. I stopped for about a month and started back up because of my father coming out to be Gay. That broke mine and my mother's heart.

I accept gays and have no problem with it, but he was with my mother for 19 years. I was more worried for her than anything else.

Yu_&_Rei
October 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
well if you're depressed maybe you should get therapy or something but don't just try to stop this on your own if you know you need help, this can turn into a serious matter.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM
well if you're depressed maybe you should get therapy or something but don't just try to stop this on your own if you know you need help, this can turn into a serious matter.

May I ask if you read the entire thread?

I stated that I am on Zoloft and I visit a psychiatrist twice a week.

Bleuhorn
October 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
You're seeking attention, for what? Only strong people kick the habit or they object to it completely and make no excuses, a true person does not make even one attempt to explain about how they drink occasionally. Drinking alcohol is justifying lies, it's full of lies, wild parties are disgusting, crowds are all aquaintances and they'll never be your true friends. Why be with that? The stronger man deals with their problems and keeps moving on without lies. I've been let down, beat up, mentally deprived but it never stopped me from enduring these lies.

It's much more simple to resist, to kick it: mind over matter. You don't need to love in fear, love yourself for who you are, treat your mind, your blood and your heart like a temple.

Never, ever, ever give up.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 04:22 PM
You're seeking attention, for what? Only strong people kick the habit or they object to it completely and make no excuses, a true person does not make even one attempt to explain that they drink occasionally. Drinking alcohol is full of lies, wild parties are disgusting, crowds are all aquaintances and they'll never be your true friends. Why be with that? The stronger man deals with their problems and keeps moving on without lies.

It's much more simple to resist, to kick it: mind over matter. You don't need to love in fear, love yourself for who you are, treat your mind, your blood and your heart like a temple.

Sorry, but I'm not seeking attention. It was just a thread to ask about are the views and it got into making me a better person. I'm actually shocked to get the responses I have. Seeing how I'm not a very well-know person here at PC.

chanchimi
October 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
You're seeking attention, for what? Only strong people kick the habit or they object to it completely and make no excuses, a true person does not make even one attempt to explain that they drink occasionally. Drinking alcohol is full of lies, wild parties are disgusting, crowds are all aquaintances and they'll never be your true friends. Why be with that? The stronger man deals with their problems and keeps moving on without lies.

I agree with you, 120%, Bleuhorn. Listen to what he said, cause everything he said is right. Treat your mind, heart and blood like a temple. You only get to live once, and there is no point in wasting it by drinking.

Unforgettable
October 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Alcohol + Antidepressants = Bad Idea. It will kill your liver faster than just drinking, among other things.

I read that it stops the Zoloft from working, so drinking is probably not helping your depression. Another thing I read was that in some people, mixing Zoloft with alcohol can make people crave more alcohol.

I would suggest you NOT drink at all. Try to avoid it, and hope the Zoloft works.

Drinking because of depression usually doesn't end well. :\
This is completely correct. You may want to watch yourself. I would also suggest not drinking at all. Not because "O LOL DRINKING IS BAD" Because really, drinking in moderation is ok. But in your case, it isn't. And sneaking shots and stuff? That is a problem... :/

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 04:27 PM
This is completely correct. You may want to watch yourself. I would also suggest not drinking at all. Not because "O LOL DRINKING IS BAD" Because really, drinking in moderation is ok. But in your case, it isn't. And sneaking shots and stuff? That is a problem... :/

It's a habit I'm trying to get rid of. I've tried the whole "eat a peppermint when craving alcohol" doesn't work. I've gone to AA meetings. Didn't help me. My doctor doesn't know what to say to it.

.Iramet
October 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM

I'm sorry but I think if someone is depressed going to therapy is just going to make someone feel worse about themselves.
@Syrex:I hope that you can get thru this because at one point in my life I was wicked depressed and all I could think of was my family being killed and all I did for like three months was waste my life in the darkness of my room.
And it isn't worth it.
Just keep yourself surrounded by people you know care about you, and if you are going to get alcohol don't ask your parents, that could be part of what is making you depressed is that they are actually getting it for you.

Necromancy
October 18th, 2008, 04:30 PM
*huggles Syrex*

):

To be honest, everyone's like "OHMAHGAWD ALCOHOL IS SO BAD" but really, it's the person's lack of willpower, or their weakness to peer pressure, or other factors in their life, that make them drink too much. I don't really think the alcohol is to blame, since it doesn't exactly make you drink it. Still, I do hold a lot of sympathy for people who are addicted to things like alcohol, but it really annoys me as well because of the amount of damage it can do to your body. It's like you don't value the life you've been given or your health.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
*huggles Syrex*

):

To be honest, everyone's like "OHMAHGAWD ALCOHOL IS SO BAD" but really, it's the person's lack of willpower, or their weakness to peer pressure, or other factors in their life, that make them drink too much. I don't really think the alcohol is to blame, since it doesn't exactly make you drink it. Still, I do hold a lot of sympathy for people who are addicted to things like alcohol, but it really annoys me as well because of the amount of damage it can do to your body. It's like you don't value the life you've been given or your health.

Thanks for the hug :]

I know, Alcohol does horrible things. I hate it. I'm always sick and throwing up. That's why I was gone for 3 months from PC, I tried to recover myself. It didn't work out. I'm going to keep the advice in mind to not ask my parents for it.

txteclipse
October 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
It's much more simple to resist, to kick it: mind over matter.

Actually, it isn't. Kicking addiction is really very hard. It will be better for you in the long run, but it won't be simple by any means. What you need to do is build a good circle of influence around yourself: those friends you mentioned that don't drink and the psychiatrist are a good start. You need to make yourself accountable to them, or in other words tell them you know you have a problem and ask them to check up on you once in a while. Tell them to ask you how much alcohol you're drinking, even call you on occasion to see if you're drinking at home or just to talk. They may not actually be willing, but I know I would do something like that for my friends.

On top of this, you need to remove the temptation. I really don't know how this is going to work, because it's your parents' alcohol. I think for starters you need to put your willpower behind stopping asking them for it, and you really need to stop driving them to get more. You may even want to tell them that you're having a problem with your drinking habits if you feel comfortable doing so. It may not amount to much, but then again your parents could have a revelation. If all else fails, try to get them to lock up the alcohol cabinet and make sure you don't know where the key is. It sounds extreme, but it will help you a ton, believe me.

You really shouldn't provide alcohol for parties, either. I will warn you right now that this will probably not go over well at first: you will most likely have quite a few falling-outs with supposed "friends" that only hung around you for your ability to get booze. In the long run, though, this will be well worth it. Primarily, you won't be paranoid that your friends are only hanging around you because you can get them drunk. That's going to feel very, very good, and I truly think you need that kind of encouragement right now. Your real friends may even become closer to you as a result of this, which is always good.

Finally, don't give up. Ever. Breaking addiction is a process, and it can take a long time. If you mess up, it's not the end of the world. You just need to stick with trying to not drink. Do not think that if you mess up you'll never be able to succeed, because then you'll just start drinking without limiting yourself. Even if you mess up on occasion, you'll be doing better than you are now, and you need to keep that in mind.

So to recap: make yourself accountable to people you trust, avoid temptation, and stop providing alcohol. Don't ever quit trying to stop, either. If you ever want to talk to someone and your friends aren't available, or even if you're just online and the temptation to drink starts kicking in, you can get in contact with me. Drop me a PM, a VM, anything. If I'm online, I will try to help. And even if I can't help, I can always listen.

Woo, long post. Anyways, enjoy life, man.

Gerri Shin
October 18th, 2008, 05:18 PM
my view is that it's ok to have alcohol in moderation and when you're of legal age. Having a beer with some friends is ok just as having a glass of wine with a fancy meal is. however if you're just out to get drunk or chug as much as you can then I can't tolerate it.
trying to break an addiction to the stuff is admirable. I agree with all that TxtEclipse said, especially the never giving up. the longer you go without, the better.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Actually, it isn't. Kicking addiction is really very hard. It will be better for you in the long run, but it won't be simple by any means. What you need to do is build a good circle of influence around yourself: those friends you mentioned that don't drink and the psychiatrist are a good start. You need to make yourself accountable to them, or in other words tell them you know you have a problem and ask them to check up on you once in a while. Tell them to ask you how much alcohol you're drinking, even call you on occasion to see if you're drinking at home or just to talk. They may not actually be willing, but I know I would do something like that for my friends.

On top of this, you need to remove the temptation. I really don't know how this is going to work, because it's your parents' alcohol. I think for starters you need to put your willpower behind stopping asking them for it, and you really need to stop driving them to get more. You may even want to tell them that you're having a problem with your drinking habits if you feel comfortable doing so. It may not amount to much, but then again your parents could have a revelation. If all else fails, try to get them to lock up the alcohol cabinet and make sure you don't know where the key is. It sounds extreme, but it will help you a ton, believe me.

You really shouldn't provide alcohol for parties, either. I will warn you right now that this will probably not go over well at first: you will most likely have quite a few falling-outs with supposed "friends" that only hung around you for your ability to get booze. In the long run, though, this will be well worth it. Primarily, you won't be paranoid that your friends are only hanging around you because you can get them drunk. That's going to feel very, very good, and I truly think you need that kind of encouragement right now. Your real friends may even become closer to you as a result of this, which is always good.

Finally, don't give up. Ever. Breaking addiction is a process, and it can take a long time. If you mess up, it's not the end of the world. You just need to stick with trying to not drink. Do not think that if you mess up you'll never be able to succeed, because then you'll just start drinking without limiting yourself. Even if you mess up on occasion, you'll be doing better than you are now, and you need to keep that in mind.

So to recap: make yourself accountable to people you trust, avoid temptation, and stop providing alcohol. Don't ever quit trying to stop, either. If you ever want to talk to someone and your friends aren't available, or even if you're just online and the temptation to drink starts kicking in, you can get in contact with me. Drop me a PM, a VM, anything. If I'm online, I will try to help. And even if I can't help, I can always listen.

Woo, long post. Anyways, enjoy life, man.

Thank you so much for your words for encouragement. You've been nothing but helpful, and I'm greatful.

Yu_&_Rei
October 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
well I know that Alcohol is fine, but don't overdo it, so how do you feel now?

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 05:44 PM
well I know that Alcohol is fine, but don't overdo it, so how do you feel now?

Well, I haven't drank for... what? 12 hours now.

I have the craving like mad because my parents offered it to me, but I declined and went upstairs to my room to watch death note and post on PC :]

Aurafire
October 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM

I have the craving like mad because my parents offered it to me, but I declined and went upstairs to my room to watch death note and post on PC :]

It seems like your parents should realize that you're beginning to have problems with alcohol...which is why it is beyond me that they are offering it to you. If you really want to stop drinking, they certainly aren't going to help the situation by doing that. If you haven't told them yet, I would do so soon. You should have their support and their understanding, and right now they're making it worse by offering alcohol to you.

Kicking addictions are hard, no question about it. It takes all kind of will-power and determination. You need support from your friends and family, and you absolutely need to find an activity that takes your mind off of alcohol. Even just talking about it to someone who's willing to listen will do wonders.

And above all, remember...You always have friends here at PC. We're definitely here for you ^_^

Lusankya
October 18th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Maybe you should tell your parents about it...

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 06:09 PM
It seems like your parents should realize that you're beginning to have problems with alcohol...which is why it is beyond me that they are offering it to you. If you really want to stop drinking, they certainly aren't going to help the situation by doing that. If you haven't told them yet, I would do so soon. You should have their support and their understanding, and right now they're making it worse by offering alcohol to you.

Kicking addictions are hard, no question about it. It takes all kind of will-power and determination. You need support from your friends and family, and you absolutely need to find an activity that takes your mind off of alcohol. Even just talking about it to someone who's willing to listen will do wonders.

And above all, remember...You always have friends here at PC. We're definitely here for you ^_^

:] I'm glad I have friends here at PC :D

I've told them. many times.

They are the type of parents that don't care about anything but themselves.

Yu_&_Rei
October 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
yes yes, we're all here for you, and if you're parents ever offer you anything just walk away, if they follow you then go to the bathroom and lock the door.

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
yes yes, we're all here for you, and if you're parents ever offer you anything just walk away, if they follow you then go to the bathroom and lock the door.

They are always too drunk to follow me so I'm in the clear there.

They don't have jobs. They get welfare and child support for me and my sister.

and I work a full time job and go to school.

Aurafire
October 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM
:] I'm glad I have friends here at PC :D

I've told them. many times.

They are the type of parents that don't care about anything but themselves.

I'm really sorry. That's not a good situation at all. I...can't even imagine that they wouldn't even be willing to help you with a serious problem like this.

Is there anything you love to do? Something that totally takes your mind off of alcohol? If you don't have one already, find a good, healthy activity that you can get yourself absorbed in. Any kind of sports, games, good books, writing....something to distract you, you know?

Yu_&_Rei
October 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM
wtf they make you work instead of them? that isn't fair!!!

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm really sorry. That's not a good situation at all. I...can't even imagine that they wouldn't even be willing to help you with a serious problem like this.

Is there anything you love to do? Something that totally takes your mind off of alcohol? If you don't have one already, find a good, healthy activity that you can get yourself absorbed in. Any kind of sports, games, good books, writing....something to distract you, you know?

My "get-aways" are posting on PC and reading Manga and watching Anime.

wtf they make you work instead of them? that isn't fair!!!

No, I choose to work to be able to buy the things I want. Cell phone, clothes, internet, ect.

Aurafire
October 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
My "get-aways" are posting on PC and reading Manga and watching Anime.

Keep those up then! The main thing is to just stay active, and always have something to do so your mind never wanders back to alcohol.

I don't know how much more I can say, or anyone can sat for that matter, that hasn't been said already. Believe in yourself, never give up, and don't ever think about faltering. And PC is always here for you =P

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Keep those up then! The main thing is to just stay active, and always have something to do so your mind never wanders back to alcohol.

I don't know how much more I can say, or anyone can sat for that matter, that hasn't been said already. Believe in yourself, never give up, and don't ever think about faltering. And PC is always here for you =P

Yes, Thank you. Thank you everyone who has posted and gave me advice :D

It means a lot to me.

Lusankya
October 18th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Wow, you've got some sucky parents.

Thank goodness you have internet. :D

Syrex
October 18th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Wow, you've got some sucky parents.

Thank goodness you have internet. :D

Haha, Yeah. It's a great thing to have.

Zetta-Chan
October 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM
It seems you problem is your so bored and depressed, you just drink. Do you think you delibertly want to get drunk? No. I would suggest finding things that make you happy, food, friends, anything. Also, staying active is also a big thing in getting rid of addiction. If you just go outside, relax, and look around you'll forget about everything. If I'm bored or something, I don't turn to alchohol, I go outside and look around. It really is a beatiful world, so instead of drinking, try something you love. I just like to watch the seasons, but thats just me.

Merzbau
October 18th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Many people here are saying that "everybody knows that alcohol isn't bad", and I disagree, first of all. Anything that can make you lose control of your thoughts and actions is something to avoid in my book.

Anyway, as to your problem, follow that one person's advice about the circle of influence. Quitting cold turkey is something for people with godlike willpower, and unless you have that, it's probably not going to work.

marz
October 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I know there is no point. I can't really explain why I do. I always say to myself, "No, I will not drink" and I end up doing it anyway :(

I think I can probably explain why you do: it's because it makes everything seem better. When you're under influence, you're more lively. Especially when it comes to drinking. And everyone loves an outgoing person, and everyone loves being an outgoing person. So if drinking and getting drunk gets that out of you, that's probably why you like it and do it, even after you tell yourself you won't do it.

I'm like that too. I try to tell myself that I won't drink, and then I end up getting smashed out of my mind. But, when you do actually stop yourself from getting drunk (not necessarily drinking), you feel good and accomplished. You feel like you can set yourself goals and actually pull through. If you do it once, that satisfaction may motivate you to do it all the time. And the more you do it, the easier it'll get, to the point where you'll always do it, and it'll become a reflex of yours to say "No, I've had enough to drink tonight."

levi022
October 19th, 2008, 05:58 AM
O.o id never drink lolz..................

Syrex
October 19th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I think I can probably explain why you do: it's because it makes everything seem better. When you're under influence, you're more lively. Especially when it comes to drinking. And everyone loves an outgoing person, and everyone loves being an outgoing person. So if drinking and getting drunk gets that out of you, that's probably why you like it and do it, even after you tell yourself you won't do it.

I'm like that too. I try to tell myself that I won't drink, and then I end up getting smashed out of my mind. But, when you do actually stop yourself from getting drunk (not necessarily drinking), you feel good and accomplished. You feel like you can set yourself goals and actually pull through. If you do it once, that satisfaction may motivate you to do it all the time. And the more you do it, the easier it'll get, to the point where you'll always do it, and it'll become a reflex of yours to say "No, I've had enough to drink tonight."

That could be it, Thanks for explaining what you think :]

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Legal drikin age here is 17 and im 15. The most i drink is 3-4 gordons space a month. Hmm mabye its just you want to fit in with friends?

Lusankya
October 19th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Legal drikin age here is 17 and im 15. The most i drink is 3-4 gordons space a month. Hmm mabye its just you want to fit in with friends?

People drink illegally in other countries too, huh? Not that I expected otherwise...

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Only drink? We smoke as well. Well not me. But people in my age group.

Motsuko Live
October 19th, 2008, 01:24 PM
As horrible as it sounds, underage drinking is... well, normal. We all experiment at some point in our lives, and in my honest opinion, it's better to do it in the early years. Yeah, drinking may not be the healthiest thing to do, but it's not the worst thing, either. Besides, I'd be a hypocrite if I told you not to drink, so I'm obviously not going to. Just... you know, keep it in moderation. It's natural that the longer you drink, the more you're going to want/be able to handle. Adults make alcohol seem ten times worse than it actually is. As long as you don't let it become a major factor of your life, you're fine.

Virtual Chatot
October 19th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I lost my biological father and my cousin to alcohol. I'll never drink and I feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to.

Furanty
October 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Someones may know that I'm from Germany, so I tell now about the situation here.
In Germany, beer and wine is allowed for everyone of 16 years, with parent's permission even with 14 years. Other alcoholic drinks, such as vodka isn't allowed under a age of 18.
This fact is part of culture and tradition. Of course, that brings problems too. We have many teenager and even children who, we would say, drink a beer or two. But there are also many anti-alcoholics.
At school, we often organize "Kursfeten", what means something like class-party, which take place in pubs or bars after school often. Our teachers are often there, too. So, we can learn more about our teachers in "private time", not only in school.
Well, I guess, I have make more than 100 mistakes, so I'm sorry if it is hard to read :(

the bitter end.
October 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
First of all, if your depressed, find someone who actually cares to talk to, it really helps, it may seem stupid for a while, but eventually you feel better.

Second, if your parents are addicts, why don't you work together to get off the addiction, I know they aren't the best parents in the world, don't drive them to buy the beer/other alcoholic beverage, they will have to run out of supplies eventually, and maybe when they are less drunk, they will listen to you.

Finally, if or when you do get over this addiction, you will realize that the whole thing was stupid anyways, and that it will only made your depression get worse in the end, and from what I've heard it tastes like crap, so there really isn't a point in doing it, it will just hurt your body, and possibly cut your life short.

There's my two cents.

Saltare.
October 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM
The officers at school said "It's your body, your life, screw it up however you want to. just don't ask us to watch." But personally, drinking is a bad thing. I know this guy, Loren, he is only 14 and he drinks and smokes. But sounds to me your turning into an alchoholic

El Gofre
October 20th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Only drink? We smoke as well. Well not me. But people in my age group.

Where about are you living?

Someones may know that I'm from Germany, so I tell now about the situation here.
In Germany, beer and wine is allowed for everyone of 16 years, with parent's permission even with 14 years. Other alcoholic drinks, such as vodka isn't allowed under a age of 18.
This fact is part of culture and tradition. Of course, that brings problems too. We have many teenager and even children who, we would say, drink a beer or two. But there are also many anti-alcoholics.
At school, we often organize "Kursfeten", what means something like class-party, which take place in pubs or bars after school often. Our teachers are often there, too. So, we can learn more about our teachers in "private time", not only in school.
Well, I guess, I have make more than 100 mistakes, so I'm sorry if it is hard to read :(

On the contrary, your english is very good. I also agree with the drinking laws in germany and belgium (Just to clarify, the law is usually that anything over 20% proof is limited to over-18s), as it becomes a more socially accepted practice and more easily supervised. I can only speak about what occurs in england, but the higher drinking age of 18 means that alcohol is widely regarded as a "taboo" subject. As such, when teens get the opportunity to drink they do it in copious amounts, leading to the high levels of alcohol-related crime in the news today (My own theory anyway). I myself have just come back from belgium with a class full of 17 year olds where they (Myself included) drank large quantities simply because we could. Lowering the age would get rid of this idea, as when people can drink as much and as often as they please they soon get very sick of binging. Meh, if the age were to drop in the UK now there would be extreme backlash while the populace adjusted to having to let youths drink, but in the long run it could prove beneficial in the long run.

As for drinking itself, I try to limit myself to the occasional whiskey (17 and starting on the hard stuff :P), I can make it last just as long as a few beers and get the same intoxicated feeling, but do so at a cheaper price and in the long run ingest fewer units. However should I be invited to a knees-up, I wont hesitate on stocking up, as it's good fun getting drunk on very limited occasions (I myself am blessed with an immunity to hangovers =])

To conclude, I believe most of europe have got it right with the laxed laws. The more westernised countries are keeping the topic very high-profile so long as youths drinking is seen as such a problem, and any leniency could possibly help in the long run.

Lusankya
October 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM
As horrible as it sounds, underage drinking is... well, normal. We all experiment at some point in our lives, and in my honest opinion, it's better to do it in the early years. Yeah, drinking may not be the healthiest thing to do, but it's not the worst thing, either. Besides, I'd be a hypocrite if I told you not to drink, so I'm obviously not going to. Just... you know, keep it in moderation. It's natural that the longer you drink, the more you're going to want/be able to handle. Adults make alcohol seem ten times worse than it actually is. As long as you don't let it become a major factor of your life, you're fine.

I've tried beer before, but I actually didn't like the taste(different kinds, not just one kind). Think I'll give wine a shot next.

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM
it was mostly hard liquire I drank.

.Iramet
October 20th, 2008, 03:17 PM
it was mostly hard liquire I drank.
Well I've heard from friends that it is much easier to get drunk from and it tastes a lot better, but I refuse to drink it because I know I will probably like it and I don't want to go there.

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Well I've heard from friends that it is much easier to get drunk from and it tastes a lot better, but I refuse to drink it because I know I will probably like it and I don't want to go there.

it doesn't taste good and it burns your throat.

.Iramet
October 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
?!?
Really.
Wow the people around here must be drunk before they even drink the hard liquor in the first place, that way they can't tell if ti is good or not.

True Reign
October 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Drinking is okay and even getting drunk with friends is okay as long as someone can drive home, but doing it all the time is idiotic.

I suggest you to take a new 'addiction'. I used to spend hours upon hours in my room playing my games, but now... I just want Black Cherry Soda all the time (Don't worry, I am skinny and very active when it comes to sports).

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
?!?
Really.
Wow the people around here must be drunk before they even drink the hard liquor in the first place, that way they can't tell if ti is good or not.

It must be watered down then. Or lower proof.

Phixum
October 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Well, I don't drink alcohol, nor am I even thinking of doing so. That is for several reasons:

1. Alcohol is good for your heart and blood. But what about your other organs? Physicans and Biochemists are increasingly arguing the bad impacts of alcohol. Sure it has positive and healthy consequences, but when you evaluate something, you evaluate it as a whole (unless you're a fool). When the bad impacts overweight the good ones, the thing in question could be safely (and generally) be deemed to be harmful.

If this was the only reason, I would be fooling myself as well. Another plausible reasons could be:

2. During the manufacture of alcohol, they subtract ethanol (the active ingredient of alcohol) using benzene. This information was conveyed by Organic chemists in my university. Although the process is highly efficient and the risk is very slim, do you really want to take such a risk?

3. I don't drink alcohol because I am Muslim, and Muslims don't drink (it's prohibited in my religion).

4. Personally, my health is really bad, and the last thing I need is an addictive substance. The mere fact that alcohol intake could be out of control and cause severe consequences is an enough reason for me to stay away from it. You're a smart person who can wisely regulate his/her own alcohol intake? Good for you. I want to not try to take it in the first place.

5. This reason is my very own reflection, and is totally subjective (although it might be true). Majority of people seek alcohol because of psychological challenges. In my opinion, that reflects one's weakness because they are running away from their own challenges rather than dealing with them. Dealing with problems is one factor that enhances one's experience and makes a strong person.

Champion Victoria
October 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Having an appreciation for wine is an essential part of being a cultivated lady, but one oughtn't overdo it. I am also vehemently against underage drinking, but I do think drinking laws tend to get more people to want to drink illegally than otherwise.

Lusankya
October 20th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Then why do you drink it?

.Iramet
October 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Then why do you drink it?

Probably the same reason everyone else does.
To get drunk.
:/

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Probably the same reason everyone else does.
To get drunk.
:/

That was my goal before. but now I want to stop.

Aurafire
October 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
That was my goal before. but now I want to stop.

Speaking of the whole reason why this thread was created....

How have you been doing? I hope it's not going too poorly =/

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Speaking of the whole reason why this thread was created....

How have you been doing? I hope it's not going too poorly =/

It's doing better. I still drink alittle bit, but it's A LOT less than I was. I've had maybe 4 beers max in the past 2 weeks. It used to be a case (30) a week.

Aurafire
October 20th, 2008, 07:00 PM
It's doing better. I still drink alittle bit, but it's A LOT less than I was. I've had maybe 4 beers max in the past 2 weeks. It used to be a case (30) a week.

Don't expect to just stop all together. It's just like those nicotine patches for smoking...You need to ween yourself off gradually. You should set a reasonable time table for yourself and stick to it.

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Don't expect to just stop all together. It's just like those nicotine patches for smoking...You need to ween yourself off gradually. You should set a reasonable time table for yourself and stick to it.

I think I'm doing well for the amount I cut.

Aurafire
October 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I think I'm doing well for the amount I cut.

Yeah that's actually quite a bit for such a short period of time. Keep it up =P

Yu_&_Rei
October 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM
thats good to know, but don't try to rush it, take it slowly so there isn't any pressure or stress.

Flabébé
October 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
First off, I hope things get better for you man.

Now on the drinking bit. I guess I'm a bit out of the norm here. I drink. Thursday nights are my nights and I'll be the first to tell you get drunk. I don't drink 'beer'. I mix my own drinks. (becoming a bartender helps with that) Do I have to get drunk? No. Why do I? I like the taste of the drinks. I lack the ability of puking so I guess that helps. Depending on how much you eat and what you take, I don't feel sick or get a hangover. I drink with a few of my friends and have a good time. But if your taking Zoloft. Back away. I've seen someone damn near die from a bad combo of zoloft, zanex and alcohol. It's not a good combo.

But good luck man.

revelp8
October 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM
most of the responses that have been posted are indeed very true and correct. Firstly, don't mix the anti-depressants or any kind of drug with alcohol, it only nullifies the effects and kills the liver.

Secondly, i don't think you're at the appropriate age (obviously) to be drinking. They have a reason why its set at 21 you should follow the law in that case. If you're ever caught, it could mean worse times for you and your family and friends. Take it from someone whose done all that stuff, lay off the alcohol. There's plenty of other things you can be doing instead of drinking. If you want to PM me to talk more, i'd be more than happy to chat with yah :classic:

Furanty
October 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM
most of the responses that have been posted are indeed very true and correct. Firstly, don't mix the anti-depressants or any kind of drug with alcohol, it only nullifies the effects and kills the liver.

Secondly, i don't think you're at the appropriate age (obviously) to be drinking. They have a reason why its set at 21 you should follow the law in that case. If you're ever caught, it could mean worse times for you and your family and friends. Take it from someone whose done all that stuff, lay off the alcohol. There's plenty of other things you can be doing instead of drinking. If you want to PM me to talk more, i'd be more than happy to chat with yah :classic:
But this age is not very good I think. If it were allowed earlier, but not for all alcoholic drinks, you would get the chance to "test" the effect of alcohol. This is one of the political reasons why beer and wine is allowed at 16 years in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and some other European Countries.

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 11:31 AM
17 in some parts. Acohol has no effect wht soever on me.

Horizon
October 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
17 in some parts. Acohol has no effect wht soever on me.

I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. Alcogol affects EVERYBODY, there will always be a point where your body takes in too much alcohol and you lose control of your actions.

And yes, here in the UK the legal age is 18.

Alakazam17
October 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM
The drinking age in the provinces of Quebec, Alberta, and Manitoba is 18. For the rest of Canada, it's 19.

I'm 21, and I have never had a drink. It just doesn't appeal to me, heh. But I am weird, after all. XD

King Goodra
October 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Lately I've been finding out that more and more of my friends, who I thought would never in a million years do this, have been drinking. It's made me keep my distance with most of them with the exception of one or two who I can't really get away from even if I wanted to. But as for me, I've never had a sip of alcohol with the exception of one time when curiosity got the better of me and I took a sip from my dad's bottle of some type of alcohol that I can't seem to remember. Worst taste I've ever had in my mouth. As for intentional drinking is concerned, I don't plan on starting.

Horizon
October 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM
As I'm sure you know, when you're young it tastes horrible because your tastebuds are okay; as you get older they detereorate. So I guess it's an acquired taste, but not in the typical sense of the word.

Aurafire
October 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'd have to agree with Deano...Besides really sweet mixed drinks, if find the vast majority of them to be horrible tasting. My taste buds are obviously working fine XD

Kids just do it because they think it's the cool thing to do, unfortunately =(

Syrex
October 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
I'd have to agree with Deano...Besides really sweet mixed drinks, if find the vast majority of them to be horrible tasting. My taste buds are obviously working fine XD

Kids just do it because they think it's the cool thing to do, unfortunately =(

I don't do it just to be cool... It sorta just happened.

Nuke
October 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
I've read through most of the thread, I accept I'm not really at the right age to give this advice but if your parents have the same problem, it may be encouraging you somehow.

It might help to get out the house a bit more, find a hobby or something.

Good luck getting through it.

Aurafire
October 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
I don't do it just to be cool... It sorta just happened.

I didn't say you were...sorry if it sounded that way. It's just that most kids I know do it because it's the "cool thing" to do. But it certainly doesn't apply to your situation anymore =/

Syrex
October 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
I didn't say you were...sorry if it sounded that way. It's just that most kids I know do it because it's the "cool thing" to do. But it certainly doesn't apply to your situation anymore =/

I didn't think you meant it that away. I was just saying :]

~ I am trying to get out of the house me and get a hobby. Anime and Manga are my Hobby.

Counterfeit
October 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
I started because, yes, it was the 'cool' thing to do.

But now I drink because I feel more confident when I am drunk, and that means I can have a better time. ^^

Maria Santos
October 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
I never thought that I would drink in my life. But then I went to Colombia and my Uncle offered me some Aguardiente...lol that fastest yes I have ever said. I always said no to alcohal before but for some reason I decided to start there. =/

I have drank since then about 7 times and always at family partys. ya know, birthdays get togethers etc. They let me drink but not own a gun. xD great examples they are :P lol now they ae promoting aguardiente SUGAR FREE! great now i can get crunk without risking diabetes xD xD xD

Syrex
October 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
I never thought that I would drink in my life. But then I went to Colombia and my Uncle offered me some Aguardiente...lol that fastest yes I have ever said. I always said no to alcohal before but for some reason I decided to start there. =/

I have drank since then about 7 times and always at family partys. ya know, birthdays get togethers etc. They let me drink but not own a gun. xD great examples they are :P lol now they ae promoting aguardiente SUGAR FREE! great now i can get crunk without risking diabetes xD xD xD

Eh... Take my advice and stay away from it. It's best that you do.

Metatron
October 22nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I drink occasionally, but usually only when I'm in the company of my friends/family. Having come from a stereotypical Mexican family (seriously...we had an effing pinata at Thanksgiving last year), there's usually always some form of alcoholic beverage in the house. I usually try to stay away from drinking, however, following my Mother's words of advice to me as a child:

"Don't ever get drunk, or you'll wake up the next day with a massive headache, and that will suck. Well, I mean, unless you really want to. Then I guess that's alright. Just don't say anything stupid that might result in you getting your ass kicked for it."

When I do drink, though, I'm usually completely hammered after just 1 or 2 drinks, though. I'm what is commonly referred to by many as a "2-beer queer." :'D

Syrex
October 22nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
I drink occasionally, but usually only when I'm in the company of my friends/family. Having come from a stereotypical Mexican family (seriously...we had an effing pinata at Thanksgiving last year), there's usually always some form of alcoholic beverage in the house. I usually try to stay away from drinking, however, following my Mother's words of advice to me as a child:

"Don't ever get drunk, or you'll wake up the next day with a massive headache, and that will suck. Well, I mean, unless you really want to. Then I guess that's alright. Just don't say anything stupid that might result in you getting your ass kicked for it."

When I do drink, though, I'm usually completely hammered after just 1 or 2 drinks, though. I'm what is commonly referred to by many as a "2-beer queer." :'D

I used to be called a light weight because I'd be pretty drunk off a few beers. But since my problem, My friends basicilly say I have a stomach of steel because I drink a case myself. and I'm a small boy.

Check my profile for photos of how skinny I am. Photos are in the album called "Brooke And I"

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
October 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
It's not worth it... Unless you ENJOY trying (and failing) to steal your friend's printer paper, confessing your crush to another drunk friend who proceeded to tell everyone else, make a general ass of yourself, AND have a THREE DAY hangover when you have summerschool the next day.

In short, it's overrated (though funny stories do arise from it xD). The only way I do it is if someone bets that I can't... then I have to. (It's a pride thing)

Fox♠
October 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM

Whattttt.

You rarely get headaches. Especially if you do it weekly.

I think it's fine to get hammered, but in moderation. Like I do it every pay day just to celebrate.

A quite pint is definitely good as well.

Syrex
October 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Whattttt.

You rarely get headaches. Especially if you do it weekly.

I think it's fine to get hammered, but in moderation. Like I do it every pay day just to celebrate.

A quite pint is definitely good as well.

Sure, It's fine if you if do it in moderation. but I used to drink a case a night. Now, I haven't drank in 2 days now.

power321
October 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
anyone who drinks alcohol is considered a drunk. and je deteste drunks.

Idiot!
October 23rd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Just avoid drinking alcohol all together. It's a threatening habit.

Sexycheese
October 23rd, 2008, 02:28 AM
Drinking is fine in moderation, in fact red wine is good for you in small amounts :)

Syrex
October 23rd, 2008, 02:43 AM
My real father always gives me a glass of red wine for dinner.

Sexycheese
October 23rd, 2008, 02:45 AM
Oh thats even better because you dont get drunk as easy if you drink while eating. Plus you get a better knowlege of wines :)

♣Gawain♣
October 23rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Never I'll drink alcohols or shall we say, hard drinks? They can cause abnormalities in our liver and brain, even if we drink it in copious amounts, it can eventually cause buildup of plaque over time in various parts of our bodies.

Syrex
October 23rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Never I'll drink alcohols or shall we say, hard drinks? They can cause abnormalities in our liver and brain, even if we drink it in copious amounts, it can eventually cause buildup of plaque over time in various parts of our bodies.

That's a very smart thing to do, EonDragon.

wobbadude1
October 24th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I recommend doing what I do: drink only on special occassions like birthdays or good grades at college, etc. It's always good to go out and enjoy yourself- just don't over do it! :)

♣Gawain♣
October 24th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Sorry dude, but we're Mormons, and we're forbidden to take any alcoholics.

Amachi
October 24th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Well I'm a Christian and we're allowed to drink :)

But yeah, I think alcohol is good for when you're enjoying yourself. As soon as you get to the point where you're kinda ruining the night by making a mess on people's shoes or getting your stomach pumped then you should probably ease up a bit.

*MitSuKi*
October 24th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Yes, what Amachi said is true BUT I,too, am a Mormon(like Eondragon)so I will never, ever drink. Even if I will just taste it once I will be addicted to it. I trust Our church and they tell the truth. Even those who drink many times said this "I'll just taste it. Just this once." But, look! They practically drown themselves in alcohol. So, NO!

Furanty
October 24th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Yes, what Amachi said is true BUT I,too, am a Mormon(like Eondragon)so I will never, ever drink. Even if I will just taste it once I will be addicted to it. I trust Our church and they tell the truth. Even those who drink many times said this "I'll just taste it. Just this once." But, look! They practically drown themselves in alcohol. So, NO!
Well, everyone is allowed to be religious. But nobody is allowed to claim something as the truth, I think. You can never know, that the Church of Mormons tells the truth. And there are many, well, millions of people who drink, but who are not addicted.

Zanacross
October 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM

You know that is a load of bull

You don't get addicted from one little drink. Some of you little kiddies have some warped Ideas about drink.

Syrex
October 24th, 2008, 07:27 AM
[-Name sponsored by Apple-][];4062259']You know that is a load of bull

You don't get addicted from one little drink. Some of you little kiddies have some warped Ideas about drink.

Exactly. Take it from me. It took awhile for me to get addicited.

Mechanic
October 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I go out with my friends EVERY weekend to drink party and whatnots since last year, it's been good and i think i will continue. I almost always go around with a bottle of Aristoff on my jeep but when i am driving i drink moderately and if i get drunk by trying to be a bad ass i always just hand out the wheel for someone else to drive =.=

I think drinking is ok, GO DR!~~ WHERE MINORS CAN DRINK AND PARTY ANYTIME LOL hehe

Furanty
October 24th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I go out with my friends EVERY weekend to drink party and whatnots since last year, it's been good and i think i will continue. I almost always go around with a bottle of Aristoff on my jeep but when i am driving i drink moderately and if i get drunk by trying to be a bad ass i always just hand out the wheel for someone else to drive =.=

I think drinking is ok, GO DR!~~ WHERE MINORS CAN DRINK AND PARTY ANYTIME LOL hehe
I do it too. First we go to a little bar and drink one or two beer. After that, we go to a Shop and buy one or two crates of beer, sometimes also Vodka or co. and go then to a nice field outside of town.

Keitaro
October 24th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I've actually been suckered in to a party month in my life and unless you like have a thousand dollars missing in your wallet and a headache in the morning I don't recommend it. >.> (I'm not an alcoholic though, don't worry :s)

Lot of more fun, better & cheaper ways to invest your time in. Not to healthy for your system or your morale either; you're more intelligent to take Water > Booze.

wobbadude1
October 27th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Sorry dude, but we're Mormons, and we're forbidden to take any alcoholics.

Wow, I have never met a Mormon before! But I have met Jehovah's Witnesses and Muslims and they believe in not taking alcohol/or a little amount of alcohol, so if your of religious persuasion and truly keeping to your faith then follow their rules! Or even if it's your life choice- that's fair enough!

You need more than one drop to get addicted to alcohol, although it is very easy this is an exaggeration. The last time I drunk was about a month ago for my birthday and I haven't drunk since- no cravings or anything! Then again I wouldn't smoke a cigarette even though I know one smoke won't get me addicted I wouldn't want to try it anyway, so I do see where you're coming from! :)

Archer
October 27th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I respect that people can be self-disciplined enough to follow commitments like that. I am against binging, however I don't see the harm in a glass of wine here and there. In small amounts, it can be calming and bring a feeling of well-being to people. The problem comes when people have too much and assume they are invincible. The "why not" attitude leads to people drinking too much and taking risks.
As for long term effects, it can not only be detrimental to the drinker's health, but also impact on their life. They lose both respect and the ability to function "properly" without alcohol in their system.

Sexycheese
November 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
[-Name sponsored by Apple-][];4062259']You know that is a load of bull

Yes we have a voice of reason!!!
If you get addicted from one drink how come I am not a raving alcoholic from taking wine at communion? (Im a Catholic)

Shadowfaith
November 3rd, 2008, 02:23 AM
Drink is fine if your responisble and careful...

I'm a fine one to talk, I go out drinking whenever I possibly can, I enjoy it and I do get rather wasted but not to the point where I'm throwing up and don't know what I'm doing at all. That's never a good place to be. No I like to be drunk but not propperly slaughtered XP I have fun when I drink...true I don't need alcohol to have fun, but it's enjoyable when your with your mates ^_^

Azzurra
November 3rd, 2008, 02:47 AM
I despise drinking, and I think even in moderation's, it can cause more harm than good.
But, if you do however think of drinking, do so carefully, and catch a cab, not drive home.

Sexycheese
November 3rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
I bet that unless your faith says you cant drink you will all have at least one drink in your life :)

>Feelings<
November 3rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Drinking is never bad, it's good. Just too much of it ain't

Fate Falls
November 3rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
Back when I was young and in high school, I had this completely different outlook on drinking. I feared it and I really frowned upon it. I didn't really understand it. I really didn't look at people my age that drank in such a great light.

Now at the age of 21, my entire outlook has done a 180. I started drinking just after high school at some parties. After experiencing it for yourself, you really can be a much better judge of the overall way that alcohol affects you. I rarely drink now, as I hate having hangovers (my stomach hurts bad), but I do from time to time. I think to really be the judge of alcohol, as with anything else in life, you have to be the one experiencing it to understand it.

Alcohol isn't a bad thing, like I once thought. You can turn it into a bad thing by abusing it, as with anything.

speedinglight
November 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
red wine would probably be the only alcohol i'd drink

i can't STAND the smell or taste of beer >_<

Sexycheese
November 6th, 2008, 06:08 AM
red wine would probably be the only alcohol i'd drink

i can't STAND the smell or taste of beer >_<
That will alll change after your first rave lol :)

jasonresno
November 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I'm 19 years old and all of my friends drink or smoke casually barring a few close ones. I've been offered many times but I've never smoked anything or drank anything alcoholic. I'm cool with that.

ErickaVolt
November 7th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Drinking beer is a serious matter. Drinking too much beer and you'll become alcoholic.

Sexycheese
November 7th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Oh too much is bad but a little is cool right?

raging lion
November 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Drinking is not at all right. There is even a proverb for it. I heard it long back. It was something like
"First the man takes the drink"

"Then the drink takes the man"

There was one more line in the middle. I don't remember it. I can never think of drinking nor would.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
November 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Drinking is not at all right.
That's enormously untrue. Drinking in excess is what's not at all right.

Metatron
November 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Drinking beer is a serious matter. Drinking too much beer and you'll become alcoholic.

Thanks for stating the blatantly obvious just now :D

To all you who say "drinking is terrible, and you should never do it," I disagree. You try going you entire life without drinking any alcohol at all. Everyone bound to do it at some point in their life. I'm not encouraging the use of alcohol, but there's nothing wrong with having a few every so often. As long as it's done in moderation, there's nothing wrong with it, as with most things.

If your religious belief forbids the use of alcohol, that's totally cool. Just a little heads up; when you're out with your friends, and they're knocking down a few, telling them how horrible it is for them...probably won't go over too well...

pm_41
November 8th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Drinking is bad...

'Nuff said.

Team Magic Tyson
November 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I drink at weekends socially with my friends. Maybe get through a litre of sambuka because i drink it straight. Sometimes i like it because a nice glass of sambuka and man utds game is a very good combination.

However going out i can never last 2 hours, annoys me. I'd rather save my money thank you very much.

I hardly drink though tbh. Got a rather nice addiction atm which is my girlfriend.

/Tyson

TwilightBlade
November 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I
cannot
stand
drinking.
My life was ruined because of it.

ShadowofTime01
November 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
that sucks man, it really sucks that alcohol can ruin people's lives....

I personally think that like everything else, if you do it in moderation it's fine. As long as you remain in control of yourself and how much you drink it think it's ok. Children shouldn't be allowed to drink because their livers are n't fully developed yet. I drink on occasion, just some single malt scotch aged 18 years, or if i'm feeling surly (usually at a social function) i drink good ol' fashioned Tennesee Whiskey (JD). Honestly the taste of cheap alcohol is pretty harsh, which is why i prefer the more exspensive stuff, but that causes me to drink less. I think the Irish got it right when they made scotch and their whiskey.

Tokin
November 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
using it as a digestive, to go along with a meal, it's perfectly fine, other than that, I see no use for drinking it, those drinks don't taste very good, in higher concentrations it's toxic and it's a depressant, not a stimulant, so I don't see much of a point in it

Yuoaman
November 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Well I'm not an idiot, so I don't even go to the parties with my friends, and plan to wait until I'm of age before I even attempt to drink...

Sexycheese
November 10th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Well I'm not an idiot, so I don't even go to the parties with my friends, and plan to wait until I'm of age before I even attempt to drink...

And I thought I was boring...Come on people beer is not going to kill any off you!!!! (If you drink too mucgh then yeah but everything is bad iff you have too much, too much pokemon can make you blind but does that stop any of you? I dont think it does!

Sorry about that lol :)

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 04:49 AM
And I thought I was boring...Come on people beer is not going to kill any off you!!!! (If you drink too mucgh then yeah but everything is bad iff you have too much, too much pokemon can make you blind but does that stop any of you? I dont think it does!

Sorry about that lol :)

xD I agree some people have to learn to live alittle..
But we never do thought as for drinking I dont see any problem with it because we all have the ability to control how we consume it. Its all about will power. ^_^

Sexycheese
November 10th, 2008, 04:51 AM
xD I agree some people have to learn to live alittle..
But we never do thought as for drinking I dont see any problem with it because we all have the ability to control how we consume it. Its all about will power. ^_^
Thank you!
The voice of sanity has arrived!!!!

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Thank you!
The voice of sanity has arrived!!!!

xD just saying what is needed to be said. I believe this is a start of a beautiful relationship ^_^

Sexycheese
November 10th, 2008, 05:02 AM
xD just saying what is needed to be said. I believe this is a start of a beautiful relationship ^_^

Agreed, Seriously if any of you had tried it your opinions on it would be very different....
Not that im an alcholic or anything.....Or that I drink......I better just shut up as im digging a bigger hole for myself lol :)

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Agreed, Seriously if any of you had tried it your opinions on it would be very different....
Not that im an alcholic or anything.....Or that I drink......I better just shut up as im digging a bigger hole for myself lol :)

Lol I think that you dug your hole already. Alcholic! xD

Eternal Nightmare
November 10th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I dont really see anything wrong with drinking, also long as you dont get hooked on to some kind of alcoholic beverage. Me, I will only drink like wine or a wine cooler. Now, smoking on the other hand........................

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I dont really see anything wrong with drinking, also long as you dont get hooked on to some kind of alcoholic beverage. Me, I will only drink like wine or a wine cooler. Now, smoking on the other hand........................

Exactly, Its all about control people once you have that theres nothing wrong.How you create that control thats another story.

Smoking Yuck >_<

Sexycheese
November 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Agreed, smoking is for Emo's. It is a slow suicide

Mr. Curling Iron
November 11th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I
cannot
stand
drinking.
My life was ruined because of it.

I agree with you mate =)

But more towards when people's personalities change when they drink >:

I hate that.

And my gf has stopped wanting to drink alcohoo ever since she found out how much I hate it >:

Pharue
November 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
What do I think about drinking? Well... if you're the type of person that doesn't act like an idiot while drunk, you're alright. However, if you're drinking compulsively... it might be time to turn to a more positive activity. Heck, even talking to people helps. I used to be depressed all the time, but then I found my groups of friends (I'm not the person to have only one), and focusing on the stupid stuff that got me depressed. I also used to take medicine for it, but I got tired of it... which didn't help at all... probably why I'm so moody all the time. Anyways, alcohol isn't the way to go for depression, it only hurts more afterwards.

ShadowofTime01
November 11th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Agreed, smoking is for Emo's. It is a slow suicide

Smoking is not just for emos... especially if it's not cigs. I mean I smoke hookah socially on occasion, and just so I'm not off topic here, there is nothing better than smoking a great cigar and sipping on a glass of single malt scotch. It really takes the edge off... on the few occasions I've actually been able to do that.

But i'm not promoting smoking, it's bad if you get addicted to cigs, but like everything else, moderation is key.

Sexycheese
November 13th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Smoking is not just for emos... especially if it's not cigs. I mean I smoke hookah socially on occasion, and just so I'm not off topic here, there is nothing better than smoking a great cigar and sipping on a glass of single malt scotch. It really takes the edge off... on the few occasions I've actually been able to do that.

But i'm not promoting smoking, it's bad if you get addicted to cigs, but like everything else, moderation is key.

I guess but while some alcohol as advantages (red wine can be good for you) ciggarets just....have no benafits for your health. In small amounts I guess its ok.