PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Chronicles: The Sapphire Theory

๒inaryקlastic
October 19th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Sign-Ups Closed!!!

The year is 2008 and an experiment is well underway in the heart of the region of Entonia. Proffesor Haley Dew of the Pokemon Discovery Society (PDS) has found a way to travel through time and space without the aid of Pokemon.... kinda. She belived this machine would let her bend Time lines and shape the Universe according to her own choice. Basically, if this machine worked, she could become God. Of course, she wasn't alowwed to build the machine and she didn't want any harm to come to anyone, but if this machine worked, it would be the biggest scientific breakthrough since the Moon Landing.

On October 18th, 1500 hours, the machine was switched on. People started disapearing into no where and people reported strange creatures all around the globe. Something had went terribly wrong. I'm here to explain. There is a Time Vortex which holds all of time together. When Time Travelling, you go through the Vortex to get to places, but as soon as the machine was made, it sent a crack through all of Time. When the machine was switched on, it got even bigger. So big, that people and objects could fall through and land in different places and times.

This story is set in the year 2012, 4 years after the Time Crack. The world has went into chasos. Parts have diverted back to the Prehistoric Era, some adavnced into an Alien Landscape, but amny Humans have been killed or dissapeared. The Region of Entonia seems to be the only placed unaffected. Strangly enough, that is where the Time Crack hapenned. The PDS are rounding up people who want to stop the Turmoil that has engulfed the Earth. Of course, Entonia is still a wasteland. People have abbandened there homes and all of the towns and cities are very overgrown and ruined, but people still manage to survive.

You are a person who wants to help stop the trouble. You go traveling around the world, just like a Pokemon Trainer, searching for the key to restore time and stricken chaosity. You recive a Pokemon from PDS, and set off to travel around the world, looking for a cure to the problem, but what is it?

Things You Should Know!

I am the RP master, so I won't be playing in the RP, but I will post chapters and determine if you've caught a pokemon and what level it is, and if you're Pokemon has leveled up, blah blah blah.
I am active, but I do want a Co-Owner for when I'm offline. They can do whatever I can do, just not accept new players or post chapters. If you'd like to be a Co-Owner, just contact me.
This is a chapter RP. You'll probablies know what a one of them is.
This is pretty much exactly the same as a Journey RP, only there will be alot more challenges and less civilisation, so be prepared!!!
There are only 3 spaces, so hurry!
When you join up, you are joining more than one RP. There will be about 5, each called "Pokemon Chronicles". They are set in (in order), Entonia, Sinnoh, Johto, Aqualia and the last is in Sinnoh and Entonia. When ever you see Pokemon Chronicles and you've joined before, Join Up!!!
Rules

All PC rules apply here.
No Godmodding at all!
Bunnying is alowwed, but only by permission.
You must be active. I don't want this Roleplay to die, so don't just join and forget about it.
Legendaries aren't alowwed, but there is a bit in the story which I'll have to explain later on.
Please keep everything PG-13, thankyou ^^
Have fun!
Sign-Ups

Name: (No need to explain.)

Personality: (Try not to make them boring. At least a paragraph please.)

History: (It doesn't have to be too crazy. Just 3 or 4 lines please :))

Appearance: (Please tell me what you would wear normaly and when it is cold, aswell as physical appearance ;))

Preferred Starter: (Explained Below :D)

Starters

Dratini

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa147.png

Level: 5

Personality: Rash

Ability: Shed Skin

Move Set:

Wrap

Leer

Thunder Wave

Eevee

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa133.png

Level: 5

Personality: Careful

Ability: Adaptibility

Move Set:

Tackle

Tail Whip

Helping Hand

Ralts

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa280.png

Level: 6

Personality: Hardy

Ability: Synchronize

Move Set:

Growl

Confusion

Pikalover10
October 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Oooh me pick me pick me!!

Name: Maximillion (Max for short)
Personality: Max is a very inteligent boy. Being at the top of his classes he took he never had any friends. He was isolated from the world and never knew why. He then became a jock and finally made friends. He still got good grades but wasn't at the top of his class. He became the class clown and made jokes around his pals. He never wanted to return to that boring life of being a nerd. He always has the expression on his face that jokesters have.

History: Max grew up in an unown forest with his dad for a few years. His mom died giving birth to him and his father disappeared on October 15th. Max was all alone then, but was sent to live with his uncle in Entonia. His uncle never liked him and just sent him of to bording school were Max lived there his whole life, moving to the next bording school when he got to middle school grades. He never had any friends until he became the jokster and never returned to becoming a nerd.

Appearence:

Normally: Max usually wears blue jeans, a green striped T-shirt, a black jacket with green cuffs, red and white shoes, black fingerless gloves, a locket with a picture of his girlfriend in it, his green glasses, and his brown hair all smothed out. He also wears his black running shoes.

When cold: When its cold Max wears his black jacket, a green long sleeved shirt, his blue jeans, goggles for his glasses, if it is really cold his earmuffs and mittens, and his hair the same. He also wears his locket and his black running shoes too.

Max is about 5 foot three, weighs 95 lbs. and has two scars on his body. one runs from his right shoulder down into his right hand palm and another one down his left shoulder into his left palm. For some reason these scars start hurting when danger is near by and every time it starts stinging something bad has happened and Max learned to trust the scars tingling.

Preffered Starter: Is Ralts lvl. 6 or lvl. 5? I still want him just wondering:)

I hope it is good enough. If I need to edit anything tell me and I will...

drunk ¬_¬
October 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hope the history portion isn't too... mature ¬_¬, if there are any problems please do let me know though :)

Name: Valtencir Gomez “Rocke”

Personality: Rocke is the kind of guy who takes things a bit too serious, probably due to his loss (read history). This makes him of course get mad easily over small things that most people would overlook, and to make things even worse, he has studied boxing ever since he was a little kid and is quick to pick a fight. All in all, he is dangerous. Of course, this is only scratching the surface of his whole personality. He, in reality, is quite easygoing and chill when he is with people he knows closely, and can take jokes from them, he is also very loyal to all that he considers his friends, and expects the same from them. Although not a leader, Rocke is extremely charismatic, and will get people to follow him when even he doesn’t know where he is going (not that it matters to him though). He is the kind of guy that you would only like to know as a friend. His most noticeable feature is his rashness at taking decisions without necessarily thinking them through.

History: Rocke used to live with his family of mother, father, and younger brother and sister. Used to, not because of the time gap opening up, but because at the age of 17, he ‘accidentally’ impregnated his girlfriend Ana, and had to elope with her (from Viridian to a small town in Entonia) in order to escape her parent’s wrath (who wanted her to abort the baby). At first, he kept in contact with his brother, who would usually take money to him from his dad (who was actually proud of his decision to elope and not abort the baby), but these visits would soon end because of problems with the other family, and times getting rough. It was the same for him, for some reason since the year 2008 started, the land began to become more and more arid (him and his father were farmers), and it became hard to live off the earth. Then on October 18… Rocke came home to find his pregnant wife gone, and decided that she had disappeared due to the time gap (after finding out of the event with the time machine. Therefore, he decided he would do whatever was necessary to get her and his son/daughter back.

Appearance: Rocke is very short for his age at about 5’8”, but has learned not to make much of it. He weighs 60 kgs (about 159 lbs) due to the muscle. He has black, curly hair that he keeps buzzed short, and dark, dim eyes that look almost lifeless. He prominent jaw-muscles, and is very strong and muscular, as he has always been a very athletic guy. Another prominent feature he has, is a small scar underneath his right eyebrow, that he got from being punched by his in-law. In terms of clothing, he usually wears tight shirts (his preferred choice being a white v-neck), and black slacks that he keeps sagged halfway down his bee-hind (ass). He wears a pair of black ADIDAS Samba due to his usually active schedules and a silver, cross necklace he got from his grandmother who lives far from them. Whenever it is cold, he’ll put on a purple hoody, and a black beanie (if necessary).

Preferred Starter: Dratini, if you would be so kind;)

Yuukihime
October 19th, 2008, 07:27 PM
heres my sign-up :D

Name Rin Kohaku

Nickname: None

Birthday: 28th of February

Appearance: Rin wheres a midnight blue turtleneck the covers almost all of her upperbody and most of her hands and even her neck. People wonder why she wheres a turtleneck..even in the heat.. Rin doesn't say anything about it but its because he is trying to cover up something....Her jeans are jet black with some white lacing on the side, while her shoes are high heel boots that are jet black as well withbrown lacing on the side even though it is barely visible its there :o. Rin stands about 5"8 yet only weighing 90 pounds..She is very frail and has an elegant demenor.. An interestign fact about her is her pink eyes.She has long black hair that extend down past her waist.She carries a black bag with all her pokemon supplies...

Personality: Rin is cold and indifferent to everyone. If you talk to her she will most likely often walk away or look at you and make some rude comment about you, and if you annoy her enough you will end up with a slap on the cheek. Despite being cold and indifferent on the outside she is suffering on the inside. On some occasions she will begin having mental breakdown in which she runs off to the nearest hiding place she could find and curse at herself fr her own flaws that she had made of herself. Even though having mental breakdowns on soem occasions she refuses to cry..she thinks it as a sign of weakness and doesn't wished to be called weak.

History: Rin was born in frail health. Unable to play outside she developed no social skills and never had any friends.. The doctors didn't know what was wrong with her but Rin always thought that it was because of what she thought of herself and that she deserved this. Soon things at home became worse and worse until her parents hated her..she often wondered why she was brought into this world.The way her parents talked about her, she found it easier to just blame herself for eveything, she just wanted her parents to treat her like their own flesh and blood..and not disown her. Soon things turn horrible.. they soon began beating on Rin.. IF she even left her room they would take a whip and beat her till the deep cuts were left..which explains all the scarring on her body.. Rin was tortured in her own home..beaten on a daily basis and she underweight...She later found out that her parents had another child and disowned her.. When she was 14 her emotional being had been scarred and she decided that even if she was a failure she would leave.. That night while everyone slept she snuck out..never to be seen in Fuschia city again..so she hoped... She ran as far as she could away from that accursed town..She was hoping to get her own pokemon and prove herself.." I'm going to be the next Pokemon Master and show them..that i'm not worthless!" Rin told herself as she quietly left Saffron City.

This was stolen off another oen of my rp-sign-up sheets

Preffered Starter: Eevee of course <3

Sir Aaron1017
October 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
((I am debating on whether to take you up on your offer of Co-owner.. maybe I might...))

Name: Lexie Volari
Nickname: Lex

Personality: She is the one that most people find too headstrong because she is always telling it as it is, and will never admit it when she is wrong, but when she is, she just smiles, but the smile never leaves her mouth, because she is glaring at you. Although she is over controlling, she has to have people to talk to, so that is why she chose to be a coordinator so she could meet lots of people, and to see the scenery, of course! She is not too trusting, though, because she lost her parents at an early age, and when she moved in with her aunt (who was given custody of her in the will, seeing as she was her mom's favorite sister, and because she was always nice to Lexie) she was extremely cruel to her, and she never forgave her. She tries to always keep things posative, and always look ahead.

History: When Lexie was 4, her parents died at an early age of "unknown causes" which the police have decidedly given up on investigating because it was too complicated. The primary care of Lexie passed to her Aunt Valorie, who was made her legal guardian. She was beat many times for just being in the room when her Aunt was mad, but the worst time was when Lexie was little and accidently called her Aunt "Mommy", which was when she found out she her parents were dead in a very cruel way. She was starved for 2 days, locked in a closet, and yelled at constantly by her Aunt, which she stated every time "I am not your Mommy, you little brat!" and then was hauled out and beaten on the last day. Valorie hated her with a passion, and the only reason she acted nice when Lexie's parents were alive was to gain her mom's trust, and inherit the fortune that Lexie's parents were worth, and Lexie will never touch a penny of it because her aunt spent half of it on getting her complexion fixed, which has taken many years, and lots of money! When she turned 10, she ran away, and hopes to never return, but she feels that one day, she must to confront her on what she had done to her.

Appearance: Lexie has back hair with a few white streaks that are natural, though most poeple wont believe it. She has been told on multiple occasions that her eyes are the clearest blue they have ever seen, and if you comment them, she will blush uncontrollably. Despite how her eyes command total attention of her face, she has other great qualities about her. Her teeth are dazzling white, and she uses them all the time because she is always similing.

She normally wears a black blouse that has extravagent sleeves that are very wide at the hands, which are usually getting in the way, but she loves them anyways. She also wears a pair of performance brown pants, and black stilettos when the situation allows, if not she wears a pair of black tennis shoes. She also has a neclace which is oddly always changing color which she recieved from her mother as part of the will - the one thing her aunt didn't take from her.

When it's cold she wears a dark blue jacket with fake, white, animal fur around the cuffs of the sleeves and the collar. There is also a hood on the jacket that she uses only when it gets really cold - the hood also has white fur around the brim. She has black hiking boots, and blue pants made of some very thick material. She also has a blue scarf, white gloves (5 fingered so she can still do things with them on) and blue go-goggles.

Additional Information: After she ran away, an elderly couple took her in and gave her the love she needed. She tries to catch her pokemon in Premier Balls only.

Short Literary Sample: (I know you didn't ask for one)

As Sophie walked out of the small tent she was sleeping in that night, She was stunned of what she had stumbled on in the night. She looked around to see the grass was blowing gently in the breeze. The way that the trees were just looked beautiful. She had set camp up at the base of a giant oak tree that twisted around everywhere, and loomed high in the sky, easily the tallest tree in the clearing. Off to the far side was a break of the trees where a pond was sitting with a river running off of it. The breeze was coming from the direction of the pond, giving it the smell of fresh water, and delighting flowers. There were Goldeen jumping out of the water making her want to go swimming, which was not a bad idea seeing as how she had traveled grudgingly through the mud, and the loamy soil which she usually would have planted berries in, but it was too dark to see, so she decided against it. In the trees were many bird pokemon which were calling gently in the morning air. The bushes were not only swaying from the wind, but from the multiples of tiny pokemon scurring around looking for berries, or running from an enemy.

"Today is the day I make it to Cerulean City" she said to herself, excited beyond belief. She was going to challenge the Sensational Sisters to a Gym Battle so she could eventually get to the Elite Four. She was proud of herself for getting this far, and her pokemon were all to thank. Thinking of them, she released them; A Wartortle, a Zubat, a Bellsprout, and a Vulpix. They looked like they were well rested, and were contently sitting on the grass, but her Zubat was perched on her shoulder. She reached up and tenderly scratched behind her ears, issuing a pleasured cry from it. "You are welcome, now, Lets go swimming!" and after changing into a swimming suit, she flat out ran, jumped in the water causing a large splash, upsetting the pokemon with large ripples that raced for the shoreline where her pokemon stared at her, hesitant to just jump in. "Are you coming or what?!" she yelled to them. "War!" her Wartortle yelled and jumped in, slipping underwater without making a even the slightest disturbance. "Show off..." Sophie muttered under her breath.

Preferred starter: Ralts - I actually created this character with Lexie owning a Gallade and a Gardevoir which she inherited from her parents as part of the will, but I took that out for this RPG.

Ralts
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa280.png
Level: 6
Personality: Hardy
Ability: Synchronize
Move Set:
Growl
Confusion

๒inaryקlastic
October 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM
Pikalover10- Hmm... Declined I'm afraid... It was a good sign-up, but too much competion.

drunk ¬_¬- Accepted!!! That was an excellent sign-up! You may travel with Dratini!

Ghostprincess- Declined. I thought it was a very good sign-up, and I had to chose between you ior another, but I'm afraid there's just too much competion.

Sir Aaron1017- Accepted!!! That was a Fabulous sign-up!!! I hope you enjoy your quest with Ralts ;D

We now have our Co-Owner, Lostt, and enough people have signed-up, so we can now get on with the RP!!!

Chapter 1- Reed Town
Number of Posts: 1

You open your eyes. Today is the day you join the PDS. You get up, get ready and head down to the lab in Reed Town. When you get to the big, blue buiding, you are greeted by Proffesor Dew and are given your Pokemon, along with a manual on what you are to do and 5 Pokeballs.. That is all.

The aim of this Chapter is to get up, go to the laba nd revive your Items and Pokemon, then head off for Route 101.

You Can't:
Catch a Pokemon.
Battle any Trainers.
Battle any Pokemon

Maps:
Reed Town & Route 101 (http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3018/route101reedtownroute10lz1.png)

Vyro
October 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
could you please make another pmd rp? I have trouble being a trainer, especially when you have to pick from a list of starters(no flygon)

drunk ¬_¬
October 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
(Ooc: Sorry for the inactivity)

(Beep, beep, beep) An alarm clock sounded in a small room, of a small house, in a small village, of a small region called Entonia.

A man named Valtencir Gomez, was the one to put out his hand, and stop the beeping. 6:00am. Farming had never been a good source of income in Reed Town of Entonia, which even though looked green to people’s eyes, had very arid land.

Valtencir Gomez (also known as Rocke by family and close friends), knew this very well. After all, he WAS a farmer. But today he would change that. He had made an interview with the PDS (Pokémon Discovery Society), and was ready to start working as a field assistant. 6:01am. Looking towards his right shoulder, he noticed his young wife sleeping soundly cuddled against him. Everything he was doing… everything he had done and would do was all for her sake. She was his world.

Valtencir turned her gently towards the other side making sure she wouldn’t wake up, kissed her in the forehead, got changed and left his house. She knew she wouldn’t see him when she woke up… she never did. He was a hardworking man after all.

As Valtencir walked towards the lab, he took a deep breath, and felt the early gusts blow some dry dirt into his nostrils, which made his eyes tear, and nose sting. <Another proof this land was arid> he thought as he covered up his mouth and nose and ran to the lab.

The Reed Laboratory (named after the town), was a big, blue building, which overpowered the rest of the houses and buildings and made everything else look that much smaller.

As Valtencir walked in, he immediately noticed Professor Dew who greeted him rather cheerfully: “Ah… good morning Valtencir!” he said as he noticed the man who walked in yawn and scrub his right eye. “Would you like some coffee?” he continued.

“Thank you very much Professor” he replied as he received a cup of coffee from Prof. Dew. “But please call me Rocke, that’s what my friends have always called me, and you’ve been a good friend since you helped me settle down when I first got here with Ana (his wife), and now you’re even helping me by giving me a job… you truly are a good friend”

The Professor chuckled: “I told you that this land was very different from tha of Viridian… and I’m happy you can help me… Rocke. For now, I need you to help me on field, so I’ll give you a special Pokémon I received from a friend in Johto called Claire, and here are five pokeballs that you might need, and a manual on what you are to do.”

As Rocke took the last sip from his coffee, he acquired the things that the professor took out, and replied: “I’ll be back when I’m done with this” pointing at the manual. He then headed towards Route 101.

๒inaryקlastic
October 28th, 2008, 03:02 AM
YAY, It hasn't died!!! ^^

Drunk¬_¬- That was an excellent post ;D I'm glad I accepted you ;) The next Chapter will be up as soon as the next RPer posts ;D

Sir Aaron1017- Kicked!!! Due to not inactivity :\ I gave you a warning :)

Pikalover10- Re-Accepted!!! In the case of a Booting, a accept the third best Post, you :D Get RPing ASAP!!! You can travel with the Level 6 Ralts :)

Pikalover10
October 28th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Chapter 1: The begining

"Get up! Get up!" someone yelled in Max's ear.

"Wah!" Max said toppling out of his bed.

He looked up to find his agnoing little sister with one of the worst possible things you could give her, a blowhorn.

"Scottie, what are you doing in my rooom!?" Max asked firmly grasping the blowhorn out of her hand.

"I was just...I was just waking you up for your journey." Scottie said starting to tear up.

Max stared at her unlikely and went outside his room, and threw the blowhorn down the stairs. Scotttie gasped and ran down after it. Max quickly ran back to his room and locked the door. A few minutes later Scottie came banging on the door begging to get in. Max went ovre to his dry-rotting dresser.

"Man, I so need a new dresser." Max complained taking his clothes out.

He put on his long sleeved green shirt with another shade of green stripes, his blue jeans, his black jacket, a pair of white socks, his white and brown shoes, and his black rimmed glasses. He combed his hair out and looked out of his mold-growing window. The town was as beautiful as ever. The only complaint Max had was that they had quit a walk to town being the only house on the south side of town.

Max went over to his bed and grabed his black backpack. He put in his mittens, earmuffs, goggles, and a picture of his best friend, Ingo. Ingo was the only one who accepted him for who he was. Yeah, he might be living with his uncle and adopted little sister, but Ingo had made it all better. Max threw his bag against his back and headed out for his journey. He grabbed his locket and put it on.

He dashed down the stairs and left the house without eating breakfast. He ran out into the fresh air in Reed Town. He dashed towards the laboratory and then stopped at the front door. It was rickedy and bright red. He stepped inside to ind imself late to the meeting. He krept into the line just as the prfessor handed out thee pokemon, fie other pokeballs, and a pokedex. Max had gotten a Ralts as his starter and then smirked happily. The professor told them how their pokedexs worked and then they all left. Max stopped at the begining of the first route and couldn't wait to start his journey.

((OOC: Sorry it is kinda short...I couldnt think of anything better at the moment.:/))

๒inaryקlastic
October 30th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Pikalover10- That was a good post ^^ Just remeber, the Time Crack has already happened, so you won't find many people or civilisations on your Journey...

Now that everyone has reached the recommended posts for this Chapter, I will post the new one :D

Chapter 2-Route 101
Number of Posts: 2

A nice, tranquil little route. Many bug pokemon can be found here. There is a small little pond, also.

You Can't:
Battle any Trainers.

Maps:
Reed Town & Route 101 (http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3018/route101reedtownroute10lz1.png)

Pokemon on this Route:
Wurmple
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa265.png
Level: 3-5
Nature: Any
Moveset: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting (Level 5)
Rarity: Common

Caterpie
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa010.png
Moveset: Tackle, Stringshot
Rarity: Common

Taillow
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa276.png
Level: 4-5
Moveset: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy
Rarity: Uncommon

Surskit
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa283.png
Moveset: Bubble
Rarity: Rare

Night only Pokemon
Vulpix
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa037.png
Level: 3-6
Moveset: Ember, Tail Whip
Rarity: Rare

Surskit
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa283.png
Level: 3-6
Moveset: Bubble
Rarity: Uncommon

Notice the small changes in level and rarity between Day Pokemon and Night Only Pokemon! Enjoy RPing, and maybe catching your first Pokemon...