PDA

View Full Version : high school discussion/help

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
This thread is for the discussion of all that goes on at/in high school, such as grades, teams, sports, clubs, and what not.
You can also ask for advice about what you think you should do in a certain situation.
Topic starter:Is it just me or do girls hug a lot?

Zebra Thunderhead
October 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
It's completely normal. It happens all the time at my school, especially with freshmen and sophomores. But they work that out through junior and senior year.

Kyoko
October 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yupp, like Color Me Evil said, it's just mainly freshman + sophomores that do it. I don't mind them hugging, it just gets on my nerves when groups of girls will do this in the middle of the hallway or at the bottom of the stairs when people are trying to pass.

Usually it's done and over with by time you're an upperclassman and you realize how annoying it was to other people~!

Virtual Chatot
October 19th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I don't mind it all, because sometimes I get hugs XD;

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
It's completely normal. It happens all the time at my school, especially with freshmen and sophomores. But they work that out through junior and senior year.
Your right I've noticed that it is usually just freshman in my school, I like the attention and the hugs though.
XD
@Reine Blair:I know it is so annoying when you are trying to get to a class and you have to wait until someone's hugfest is over.
^_^
@virtual chatot:Yupp I say keep the hugs coming!

Syrex
October 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I wish I still got hugs all the time.

I love me some huggies :D

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I wish I still got hugs all the time.

I love me some huggies :D

Yeah lucky me I still get them, and I don't think their going away any time soon.
XD

Cassino
October 19th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Not just you. I'm sceptical that every girl in secondary school is ****/bisexual because of how much they squeal and hug. ¬.¬;

Word censor for that?... Wut... Okay.

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Think thast wierd? Serebiiforums has a censor for pissed
Anyweh no its normal. But hell i see it everyday so i get used to it. I dont recieve cause basically the girl i like likes me as well and it would be awkward if we hugged. Real akward. Last time a girl hugged me she ended up with a broken toe. I stepped on it to hard apparently.

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Not just you. I'm sceptical that every girl in secondary school is ****/bisexual because of how much they squeal and hug. ¬.¬;

Word censor for that?... Wut... Okay.

That doesn't necessarily mean they are bisexual.
:/
By secondary school do you mean high school?

Tyrantrum
October 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Yep, like what Color Me Evil said, it's completely normal. :)
Obviously, even your girlfriends give you hugs! x3

It was funny, because one of my friends, Jazz.
I told her her that her shirt looked cool, and she smiled at me and gave me a hug!
It was during my last class too, but when everyone was talking! xD

It was nice though~

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yep, like what Color Me Evil said, it's completely normal. :)
Obviously, even your girlfriends give you hugs! x3

It was funny, because one of my friends, Jazz.
I told her her that her shirt looked cool, and she smiled at me and gave me a hug!
It was during my last class too, but when everyone was talking! xD

It was nice though~
Oh how sweet, is she like going out with you or just like everyone else giving out hugs?

Lusankya
October 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah, high school girls are pretty darn huggy. :)

Tyrantrum
October 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM
No, she's my friends, but she doesn't know that I like her yet! xD

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
No, she's my friends, but she doesn't know that I like her yet! xD

When do you plan on telling her, if you don't I'll find her and tell her!
XD
But seriously if you think she likes you, then go for it.

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Exactly why its awkward for me to hug my friend thats a girl when we both know we like each other that way.

Gummy
October 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
The girls at my school are very touchy. We've moved on from hugs to slight kisses on the cheek. High School rocks.

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Exactly why its awkward for me to hug my friend thats a girl when we both know we like each other that way.

Well if you both sort of know you have feelings for each other I think you should ask her if she wants to go another step and have a relationship with each other.

The girls at my school are very touchy. We've moved on from hugs to slight kisses on the cheek. High School rocks.

Yeah I agree high school is the best thing since sliced bread!
So much freedom in such a small place, way better than middle school.

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Oh i am. Im just waitin for a thing happenin in my school to end. A bunch of students break the schools chains and locks put there own and hold up the school for a bunch weeks until the demands to make the school better are satisfied. Right now we are goin on week 3 then the teachers are havin strikes. So until school kicks in again i cant!

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Oh i am. Im just waitin for a thing happenin in my school to end. A bunch of students break the schools chains and locks put there own and hold up the school for a bunch weeks until the demands to make the school better are satisfied. Right now we are goin on week 3 then the teachers are havin strikes. So until school kicks in again i cant!

0_o
Are you for real!
Wow that right there is like something out of a movie.
Well good luck with your school and your friend hope everything works out for you.
^_^

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Dont worry no guns or knives. They just sit there wasting time everyday. They change shifts and all so whtever. I spend that precious time to read so yeah again i shrug it off. Yeah thnx although i dont need it much.

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Dont worry no guns or knives. They just sit there wasting time everyday. They change shifts and all so whtever. I spend that precious time to read so yeah again i shrug it off. Yeah thnx although i dont need it much.

Ok now I'm interested.
So they have been living in your school for three weeks and are taking shifts to keep people out!
0_O
Whoa....
Are they at least hugging?
XD

Mitchman
October 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah mostly. And no not really this is a bit off topic no?

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah mostly. And no not really this is a bit off topic no?
Yeah it kind of is, that's why I said are they hugging, but seriously that is like...different.

Cassino
October 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean they are bisexual.
By secondary school do you mean high school?
Two guys hug each other and they're thought of as gay (of course not necessarily but in the majority of cases they are seen as such); I just like the balance the table.

Yes I do.

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Two guys hug each other and they're thought of as gay (of course not necessarily but in the majority of cases they are seen as such); I just like the balance the table.

Yes I do.
Oh now I get it I just didn't understand what you were saying, and I agree if girls can hug then...well... I guess....guys can,maybe I don't agree?
XD

Sk8er girl
October 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Its nothing strange...probably 2 u but.. its just a girl thing all girls do that unless they r mean anyways the probably think your cute or somthing...... idk u should ask them........... c what they would say =p

Kitty-Kat
October 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
People at my school actually have a Free Hug Day ^.^ It's so cute. I love hugging people, so I just hug them all the time. =] Hugs are nice.

txteclipse
October 19th, 2008, 01:06 PM
That never happened at my school. Weird.

Amachi
October 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Yes I do.
there are such things as manly hugs though.

It starts with a handshake, then pulling each other close together (with the handshake keeping the distance in between the torso's), and then patting each other on the back.

Though the way I explained it does make it sound pretty queer.

Anyway, hugs rock :)

Aurafire
October 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
there are such things as manly hugs though.

It starts with a handshake, then pulling each other close together (with the handshake keeping the distance in between the torso's), and then patting each other on the back.

Though the way I explained it does make it sound pretty queer.

Anyway, hugs rock :)

Man hugs are awesome. XD

But yeah, hugs are cool. Girls seems to do it way more than guys, but that's because they're....y'know, girls. =P

Yu_&_Rei
October 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
happens in my school all the time, and it happened in my middle school as well, I get a hug like everyday and I sometimes hear some Girls scream for no reason, but thats only the cheerleading squad.

Avey
October 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
My friends are no different to the ones described by everyone else who has posted in this thread.

Fearless Love
October 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM
That acually happens a lot at my school...I may be a girl but I am not one of those girls. It kinda get's anoying for me after a while, aside from that, most the girls get real squeely. and Most cheerleaders at my school do the whole screem for no reason, makes me wonder why I joined the squad.

But yeah, the hugs are normal, for most girls.

Yu_&_Rei
October 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM
the cheerleading squad at our school sucks, they even occasionally fall when they do the pyramid as the person at the top attempts to juggle

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM
People at my school actually have a Free Hug Day ^.^ It's so cute. I love hugging people, so I just hug them all the time. =] Hugs are nice.

0_o
Free hug day!
That is crazy if my school did that the whole day would be one huge hug!

the cheerleading squad at our school sucks, they even occasionally fall when they do the pyramid as the person at the top attempts to juggle

Yeah mine too, when we had our homecoming football game they were tossing someone in the air and they caught her the wrong way, and she got a concussion.

Fearless Love
October 19th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Ha, we can't do pyramids at all, we can do anything but that, I twisted my ankle when I fell. i'm always on the top cause I can not support those girls,I'm too small...

Yamikarasu
October 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, I think I've just gotten used to girls being really huggy. Hmm... I remember thinking it was weird back in 7th grade.

They had free hug day at my school too! It was AWESOME.

:3

Lusankya
October 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I was walking down the hallway at the start of school and some fat guy randomly walked and hugged me...

It was very weird.

And apparently October 15 is International Hug an Asian day.

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I was walking down the hallway at the start of school and some fat guy randomly walked and hugged me...

It was very weird.

And apparently October 15 is International Hug an Asian day.

Are you sure that's true?
If so I think you should have told someone because I don't think it is right.

GunSaberSeraph
October 19th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Is it just me, or are teenagers like myself being overly bombarded with advertisements?

Recently, at my school's homecoming pep rally, these guys from a local radio station came and spent like, 13 minutes talking about their sponsers.

"Everyone on this side of the room say SOBE!!!"
"Everyone on the other side say LIFE WATER!!!"

And everyone except for me and my friend cheered. I was so ashamed i almost felt like vomiting...

.Iramet
October 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Is it just me, or are teenagers like myself being overly bombarded with advertisements?

Recently, at my school's homecoming pep rally, these guys from a local radio station came and spent like, 13 minutes talking about their sponsers.

"Everyone on this side of the room say SOBE!!!"
"Everyone on the other side say LIFE WATER!!!"

And everyone except for me and my friend cheered. I was so ashamed i almost felt like vomiting...
I couldn't tell you the answer to that as I've not yet experienced anything like that.
But my school does have lot's and lot's of banners for vitamin water and propel, and when I say a lot I mean around every single corner, and all of our vending machines are filled with them.
What about anyone else, does your school have a thing for advertising?

Confuse
October 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM

Yet in France, it's cool for guys to kiss each other on the cheek.

Staying on point, hugs from girls are cool. Except I wouldn't want a girl I've known for a week to start huggin' me all the time. Would creep me out, man.

As for advertising, I haven't seen anything promoting stuff.

Lusankya
October 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Staying on point, hugs from girls are cool. Except I wouldn't want a girl I've known for a week to start huggin' me all the time. Would creep me out, man.

I wouldn't mind, if she was pretty. ^_^

And I haven't encountered anything advertisement like that at my school.

Confuse
October 19th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't mind, if she was pretty. ^_^

I guess you have a point, though. Sure, she can be pretty, but at the same time insane.

KhaosKnight
October 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Meh, hugs are no big deal...i personally dont want every chick in my dang school giving me hugs all the time(im not a very huggy person) and because of that characteristic, they get mad :D. There is one that doesnt like me anymore because i wont give her hugs.

Yu_&_Rei
October 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
My school is totally insane, I enjoy the hugs but they get annoying sometimes. but me and my best friend Brendan seem to get lots of hugs. but at our school we get a lot of advertisements, I had to help the student council post some advertisings for the halloween dance and I went a bit overboard. I placed it on some ppl's lockers.

Confuse
October 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
It seems that many people in my classes are braindead, because they won't do a d**n thing.

In gym, some kids can't sit their stupid @$$es down when they have to.

Does any have this at their school(I don't want to offend anyone, it's a problem for me)?

Yu_&_Rei
October 19th, 2008, 06:53 PM
yes it happens in my school, same thing in my gym class.

billionbucks25
October 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
usually people in my grade only hug me and mabye some juniors if i know them well (im a sophmore) but i'm expected to be hugged since my like 4"11 still

chanchimi
October 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm not much for hugs. Never really have been. But at my school, there are TONS of hugging.

/Circa
October 20th, 2008, 12:41 AM
It seems that many people in my classes are braindead, because they won't do a d**n thing.

In gym, some kids can't sit their stupid @$$es down when they have to.

Does any have this at their school(I don't want to offend anyone, it's a problem for me)?

Chill a bit, k?
It's not really your problem if they fail in life. Just let people have a bit of fun, I don't really do much in school, my brain wanders and I don't really try to stop it, I learn more from what I look around at than five million books will teach me.

Enjoy school while you can, have a bit of a laugh, have a bit of a life ;)

Charliezard
October 20th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Chill a bit, k?
It's not really your problem if they fail in life. Just let people have a bit of fun, I don't really do much in school, my brain wanders and I don't really try to stop it, I learn more from what I look around at than five million books will teach me.

That's about all you can do. Trying to stop it will get u isolated, and joining them will lead you to a life of failure :P
Day dreaming ftw...unless you accidently get a little carried away in these day dreams. Then it can be embarising :P

Mitchman
October 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM
So people i have a q. What am supposed to do if im bored at home cause the teachers are goin on strike and i miss 3 days of school for national holidays? Also if it normal to beat the crud out of each other for the hell o it during each 5 minute break between classes.

.Iramet
October 20th, 2008, 10:42 AM
So people i have a q. What am supposed to do if im bored at home cause the teachers are goin on strike and i miss 3 days of school for national holidays? Also if it normal to beat the crud out of each other for the hell o it during each 5 minute break between classes.

First of all I thought the students were on strike but now it's the teachers to!
o_0
Well I usually go on the computer when I'm bored and at home from school on holidays, and about beating the crud out of other people during class changes I'm not so sure because we would get detention at my school.
XD

Nuke
October 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hugs = non existant at my secondary school.

Odd?

Mitchman
October 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
LOl we dont. Yeah its acually true students then teachers. Its a nice system we have. Hell high school is so perfect here. As long as you dont doodle in math class.The teacher throws your notebok out the window.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 11:17 AM
LOl we dont. Yeah its acually true students then teachers. Its a nice system we have. Hell high school is so perfect here. As long as you dont doodle in math class.The teacher throws your notebok out the window.

If that was the case at my school, all of my notebooks would be out the window and then some. Maybe even me, seeing as how I won't stand a teacher touching my stuff much less throwing it [thank you Patchisou for stating out the obvious]. Though, they wouldn't do that even if they wanted to. I doodle in every class; not just math, due to boredom. As for your question a few posts up, I don't really see why it matters. Three days are three days. Clearly being on here passes some time. Seeing as how I don't know you directly, I don't know your interests and what you like to do on your spare time. I suggest doing whatever they may be and just keeping busy. Add some sleep in there too. It's nice to sleep in those days. Don't get up early. Enjoy your time and relax! That's all I have to say. Oh, and eat. Eating, sleeping and hanging around with friends (seeing as how it's a strike by teachers, I don't see the problem with you being out of the house) downtown or somewhere. Maybe the park or something. But, yeah. Keep busy. Though PC may take some time out of your day, I don't advise you to spend such rare days such as the days you were given from your teachers strike problem to make you stay up in the house cooked up in the house all day. You know?

Mitchman
October 20th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Some? I spend 5 hours max a day here! Anyweh all thats true. But if been doing that for 2 weeks while the students were on strike! So what would i do if ive been doing that for 2 weeks straight and bored.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'm confused. Why are you asking us what you should do when you're home? That's on your own time, not ours. We don't have a clue what you like doing when you're at home and not online. So you should spend some time trying to figure that out and then ask yourself that. Not us. I mean, if that's how you are going to be acting with two weeks, I can't imagine what you do when summer vacation lingers around. Perhaps relearn some English?

Mitchman
October 20th, 2008, 11:44 AM
LOl true true. Anyweh i usually work. So question. In high school is it normal if awkwardness comes out of no where when around girls?

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I think the answer to that one is pretty obvious with all the posts out there in The Post Your Problems Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php?searchid=2105425) based around talking to girls.

Mitchman
October 20th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Wait is there one of those? I really didnt notice it. Is it stickied?

Confuse
October 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Chill a bit, k?

OK then, it's their education they're destroying, not mine.

It's not like they're just distracted, they deliberately just ignore the teachers. Apparently, they got more important things to do by just wandering around the classroom.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Wait is there one of those? I really didnt notice it. Is it stickied?

Seeing as how I just linked to it, there is one. It didn't just come out of thin air now did it?

Mitchman
October 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM
LOL sorry bout that. Its really a bad day for me so sorry for soundin like a noob.

Zanacross
October 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Oh now I get it I just didn't understand what you were saying, and I agree if girls can hug then...well... I guess....guys can,maybe I don't agree?
XD

Im a guy and I hug my guy friend. I mean he may be bi but whats wrong with it. We are liek best buddies.

.Iramet
October 20th, 2008, 02:42 PM
[-Name sponsored by Apple-][];4053783']Im a guy and I hug my guy friend. I mean he may be bi but whats wrong with it. We are liek best buddies.

Yeah I suppose your right, but wear I am coming from it is a bit weird but it definitely doesn't mean someone's gay.
Sorry about that.
^_^

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
[-Name sponsored by Apple-][];4053783']Im a guy and I hug my guy friend. I mean he may be bi but whats wrong with it. We are liek best buddies.

I don't see the problem with it. I find it strange at how some homophobic people would make fun of that, yet they turn around and slap another male on their ass out of nowhere.

.Iramet
October 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I don't see the problem with it. I find it strange at how some homophobic people would make fun of that, yet they turn around and slap another male on their ass out of nowhere.

I know that always bothered me!
They will sit their and call someone else gay yet they are allowed to do stuff like that and it's ok.
Good point Patchisou.
^.^

Motsuko Live
October 21st, 2008, 04:28 AM
If I had a dollar for every time I heard somebody call someone else gay, I'd be really, really wealthy.

Just don't take it too hard. Be it a joke or not, you're going to be called gay at least once in your high school career, guaranteed. But who cares? It doesn't actually mean you're gay. As long as you and they people you hang out with know you're not, then it shouldn't matter. And if you are gay, then it shouldn't matter, anyway. You are the way you are, and you should have realized this by the time you got to high school.

And, just for the record, when you tap another guy on the behind, it doesn't really mean you're gay. I mean, c'mon; how many gay football players do you think there'd be? It's just a guy thing.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 21st, 2008, 06:53 AM
And, just for the record, when you tap another guy on the behind, it doesn't really mean you're gay. I mean, c'mon; how many gay football players do you think there'd be? It's just a guy thing.

Yes, I know. But it's still strange how someone is going to call you gay and then turn around it do that. It's just very hypocritical if you ask me. I mean, I haven't been called gay in a long time and I don't really care if someone thinks I'm gay or not anyways. I let them think what they want. That comment hasn't really had any effect on me since I was in, like, sixth grade and even then it was really old and just about, like you said, everyone was either gay compared to someone else or just metro. If you ask me, the majority of the teenagers these days need to grow up.

Motsuko Live
October 21st, 2008, 07:11 AM
Yes, I know. But it's still strange how someone is going to call you gay and then turn around it do that. It's just very hypocritical if you ask me. I mean, I haven't been called gay in a long time and I don't really care if someone thinks I'm gay or not anyways. I let them think what they want. That comment hasn't really had any effect on me since I was in, like, sixth grade and even then it was really old and just about, like you said, everyone was either gay compared to someone else or just metro. If you ask me, the majority of the teenagers these days need to grow up.

I see where you're coming from. But in my school, when someone is called 'gay', they're not necessarily being accused of finding men more attractive than women. They're just being insulted. Gay has unfortunately become another derogatory term, such as dumb, or stupid. I'm not saying it's morally correct, but that's the way I see it. Example:

Fred: Hey dude, let's go to the beach today!
Edward: Pfft, that's gay.
Fred: ... ;_;

In this situation, going to the beach has nothing to do with liking men. Edward just thought it was a 'stupid' idea, but chose to use the term 'gay' instead. Why people think 'gay' means the same thing as 'stupid' is beyond me, but that's, unfortunately, the way things have turned out.

So, when a student calls another student gay, and then 'turns around and smacks another male on the behind', they're not really being hypocritical. They're just ignorant, and are using the term 'gay' in the wrong way. If they're implying that the other student is, in fact, homosexual, then yes, it would be rather hypocritical.

Just read through this and realized that barely any of it makes any sense. @_@;

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 08:43 AM
To the normal mind no! Acually i got it very much. Your trying to say that todays gay=stupid and when men call another man gay its not that gay but stupid. So he is not being hypocritical at all cause he is calling others stupid not homosexual.

/Circa
October 22nd, 2008, 01:44 AM

It's just becomes usual nowadays. I hug my mates for no reason yet we're still straight, xD.
We do slap eachother but the wierdest thing is it's acceptable for me and some of my mates to slap a girl on the ass, and they don't mind it ;S. We like chase each other around.

Thats my view on things, soughta.

.Iramet
October 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM

I swear on everything that is my life that the only notebook that I doodle in is my math notebook.
o.0
That is seriously strange, because my teacher just checked our books today and he didn't really mind.
But he is really nice so that's why.
^_^
What do I do if my teacher for homeroom absolutely hates me?

Confuse
October 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
I swear on everything that is my life that the only notebook that I doodle in is my math notebook.
o.0
That is seriously strange, because my teacher just checked our books today and he didn't really mind.
But he is really nice so that's why.
^_^
What do I do if my teacher for homeroom absolutely hetes me?

Wow, drawing in your notebook. Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Your homeroom teacher hates you? How so? My homeroom teacher's great. She's nice to everyone, even the kids who won't shut up.

.Iramet
October 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Wow, drawing in your notebook. Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Your homeroom teacher hates you? How so? My homeroom teacher's great. She's nice to everyone, even the kids who won't shut up.

Not specifically me, just my class in general.
When some of us walk in for class we say hi just to see if we can get a response out of him, but he usually acts as if we didn't say anything or gives us his look which kind of looks like this "sdigawehylgawrhytk".
XD
But today I forgot my I.D. and he was like "Oh you kids today think you can just get by in life by depending on me well to bad" and I said "So how do I get a new one?" and then he was literally turning red so I said "nevermind it's ok."

Confuse
October 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Not specifically me, just my class in general.
When some of us walk in for class we say hi just to see if we can get a response out of him, but he usually acts as if we didn't say anything or gives us his look which kind of looks like this "sdigawehylgawrhytk".
XD
But today I forgot my I.D. and he was like "Oh you kids today think you can just get by in life by depending on me well to bad" and I said "So how do I get a new one?" and then he was literally turning red so I said "nevermind it's ok."

Can't really do much for the no-nonsense, strict teachers. At least, that's what he sounds like.

As long as you participate, you should be fine. Just don't do anything stupid.

People at my school get a new ID from the bookstore. Maybe you have one of those.

Shem
October 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
ID's suck! They make us pay $5 for a new one. Luckily I'm smarter then that and i make my own "counterfeits". and I change the pictures on them too. That annoys some teachers.

*MitSuKi*
October 24th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Hey, Iramet... I LIKE you!!! We're the same!!! I draw and write doodles at my notebook,too!! The best thing is that my homeroom teacher didn't mind!!He just said"Nice!" "Next!!"

.Iramet
October 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Can't really do much for the no-nonsense, strict teachers. At least, that's what he sounds like.

As long as you participate, you should be fine. Just don't do anything stupid.

People at my school get a new ID from the bookstore. Maybe you have one of those.

Yeah I ended up getting a new one at my school store they cost three bucks.
I was like o_0.

ID's suck! They make us pay $5 for a new one. Luckily I'm smarter then that and i make my own "counterfeits". and I change the pictures on them too. That annoys some teachers.

I would so love to make my own counterfeits but I'm not smart enough.
XP
Five dollars is a little outrageous, they had better be shiny!
XD

Hey, Iramet... I LIKE you!!! We're the same!!! I draw and write doodles at my notebook,too!! The best thing is that my homeroom teacher didn't mind!!He just said"Nice!" "Next!!"

Yay!
You like me!
XD
How do you know we are the same?
I could be crazy for all you know!
XD

Zebra Thunderhead
October 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
We have IDs but we barely use them. They come free with the school pictures. They're never used for school events, but supposedly if you show your ID at some local stores you get a small student discount. Licenses are much cooler anyway. (:

Kyoko
October 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Oh dang, if you don't have your ID at my school, you are screwed. You need them for attendance during free periods, to be able to go out to lunch, to go to activities and to take make up tests. I lost mine for a day and thought I wasn't going to make it through school haha.

before we got all high tech and took attendance with ID's, you rarely ever used it. I miss those days 8'(

.Iramet
October 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Oh dang, if you don't have your ID at my school, you are screwed. You need them for attendance during free periods, to be able to go out to lunch, to go to activities and to take make up tests. I lost mine for a day and thought I wasn't going to make it through school haha.

before we got all high tech and took attendance with ID's, you rarely ever used it. I miss those days 8'(

Exactly, at my high school you need it just to be in the hallways, also if you want to eat.
They are constantly asking to see it, because a lot of kids sneak into my school because it is so enormous and because their friends go there.
^.^

Trap-Eds
October 25th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Here's what I find annoying. When you're trying to hurry through the packed halls and PEOPLE JUST STAND THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALL TALKING!!! Hello!!! The people who designed the school made spaces in the hallway side walls specifically for chatty people to go and talk!! And yet I hardly ever see people in them!!

But other than that, my freshman year so far has been awesome. :D

Oh yes, ID's. I just need mine for lunch and to get on the school bus.

Confuse
October 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Here's what I find annoying. When you're trying to hurry through the packed halls and PEOPLE JUST STAND THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALL TALKING!!! Hello!!! The people who designed the school made spaces in the hallway side walls specifically for chatty people to go and talk!! And yet I hardly ever see people in them!!

You said it. People still do that at my school, yet the passing period's only 5 minutes. 'Cause, as everyone knows:

Talking about stuff that can wait 'till after school > getting to class now.

Trap-Eds
October 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
You said it. People still do that at my school, yet the passing period's only 5 minutes.

Heh, same at my school. Which reminds me, apparently the passing period last year was 7 min or so, and some the teachers and older students at my school hate the new schedule. Me, I can't really say because I wasn't here last year.

Toblerone
October 26th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Yes, i do agree that a 5 minute passing period is way too short. I mean, what if you have to get from one side of the school to another? And what if the corridors are awfully cramped, and you have some annoying seniors blocking the pathway.. It's quite ridiculous nowadays, isn't it? Everything's quite rush and tumble.

Shem
October 26th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I never have an Issue with the 5 min at my school. but generally I walk right through the group of people. They get the message then.

.Iramet
October 26th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I have plenty of time left to spare and we only have five minutes, and my school is huge.
Maybe you people are just slow...XD.
Just kidding.
But the only time I can't get to a class on time is when I'm at lunch going to the next class.

Spiffums
October 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I just got done typing up two seperate research essays for the same class, due on the same day. I'm tired of essays, and I have another one to write tomorow. What do you guys think about essays? I'm just curious because I personally enjoy papers that recquire some sort of creativity, not just "Look up information, put it in your own words, put the URL".

Chibi-chan
October 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I hate essays. Especially timed ones. They are the bane of my existence....
Wait till you get to college essays, 100x worse than anything you've ever imagined.

And because this is school related, I'm going to merge this with the other school thread.
merged~

.Iramet
October 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
The thing with essays are they can either be great or they stink, depending on what it is about, and if you like it or not.
If it is for computer class and you can choose anything you can find on the web, I like it, but if it is for English class and you have to write about the importance of verbs and nouns the I don't like it so much.
XD

Confuse
October 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I have no problems with essays when you get to type about stuff you're interested in.

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Depends on what teacher and what it is about.

4th Gen Matt
October 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Essays.. eh.

It always seems I can never do well at them. No matter how hard I try.. I always get a 50-65 on them.

This is me:

Teacher: Next class, you will write a 2-page essay on Cultural Differences.

Me: There goes my grade. 10% down. =(

Essays are the sole reason why I never get an A in a class. I was getting an A in English until our essay. I ended up with a low B in the class.

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Whoa! What grade are you in?

4th Gen Matt
October 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Whoa! What grade are you in?

10th grade. My elective is Cultural Diversity.

I hate that class. I am going to drop it soon. (maybe).

.Iramet
October 29th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Essays.. eh.

It always seems I can never do well at them. No matter how hard I try.. I always get a 50-65 on them.

This is me:

Me: There goes my grade. 10% down. =(

Essays are the sole reason why I never get an A in a class. I was getting an A in English until our essay. I ended up with a low B in the class.

Tell your teacher to back off(not really).
That is long almost like a college essay(I don't know exactly as I'm not in college).
The most I've ever gotten for an essay is like five paragraphs which is about one page.
^.^

Motsuko Live
October 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
That is long almost like a college essay(I don't know exactly as I'm not in college).
The most I've ever gotten for an essay is like five paragraphs which is about one page.
^.^

... o.o;; what? Two pages is about the regular length of an essay should be. (At least, in my school it is).

Speaking of essays, we have our grade ten literacy test coming up. We have to write a 2-3 page practice essay on 'To Kill a Mockingbird', which is a little bit excessive seeing as the actual OSSLT essay only has to be five paragraphs. >_>

.Iramet
October 29th, 2008, 11:32 AM
... o.o;; what? Two pages is about the regular length of an essay should be. (At least, in my school it is).

Speaking of essays, we have our grade ten literacy test coming up. We have to write a 2-3 page practice essay on 'To Kill a Mockingbird', which is a little bit excessive seeing as the actual OSSLT essay only has to be five paragraphs. >_>

Really?
Maybe it's just because we are freshman but we barely get an essay over 2-3 paragraphs.
I don't know maybe your school is different than that of schools in Massachusetts.
^.^

4th Gen Matt
October 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM
^.^

Yeah, we do one essay per term in every class (excluding gym and very few other exceptions) that are worth 10% of our grade.

Randall Raichu
October 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I prefer them. If I have one set topic to write on, I can write a four or five page essay with little to no problems. It's fun for me. I'm not sure why...

Shem
October 29th, 2008, 05:16 PM
10th grade. My elective is Cultural Diversity.

I hate that class. I am going to drop it soon. (maybe).

Ah well that would explain cultural diversity, why would you take that? That's like taking parenting or fitness zone... the longest essay I had to do was 4 pages long for german about the city of Hannover. Barely got a B, it was tough finding informaton on it.

Motsuko Live
October 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Really?
Maybe it's just because we are freshman but we barely get an essay over 2-3 paragraphs.
I don't know maybe your school is different than that of schools in Massachusetts.
^.^
Probably. I live in Canada, so that could explain a lot...

Yeah, we do one essay per term in every class (excluding gym and very few other exceptions) that are worth 10% of our grade.
We get those too... they're called 'exams', and they're usually worth a lot more than 10%.

Shem
October 30th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Our exams are on their own quarter so they are 100% of the grade... but they are bubble sheet tests so its super easy

4th Gen Matt
October 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
We get those too... they're called 'exams', and they're usually worth a lot more than 10%.

Actually, those are called my Finals, and they are worth 20% of my grade.

They are multiple choice, 100 question tests and are extremely easy. I always get a low A or a high B on them.

I usually get the low B's on the tests where the teachers will not elaborate on the question that you have difficulty with.

Speaking of teachers, are there any teachers you have that you just don't like?

My driving teacher has one arm and is a total douchebag.

He called the entire class stupid and ugly on the first day of class. Eh.. I hate him.

.Iramet
October 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Actually, those are called my Finals, and they are worth 20% of my grade.

They are multiple choice, 100 question tests and are extremely easy. I always get a low A or a high B on them.

I usually get the low B's on the tests where the teachers will not elaborate on the question that you have difficulty with.

Speaking of teachers, are there any teachers you have that you just don't like?

My driving teacher has one arm and is a total douchebag.

He called the entire class stupid and ugly on the first day of class. Eh.. I hate him.
I don't hate any teacher's but I loath my homeroom teacher.
XD
He is the worst person to meet in the morning when he didn't have his coffee!
^,^

Shem
October 30th, 2008, 05:13 PM
this year, I like all my teachers, but back in 8th grade, my honors algbra teacher was totally against me. I missed school to go fishing one day and he had a sub the same day, well a bunch of kids were throwing paper air planes that day and when me and the teacher got back he IMMEDIATLY started yelling at me for it and i wasn't even there! He would not help me at all in school and because of him I'm terrible at math, had to drop Alge II and have to take Alge I again!

Trap-Eds
October 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM
this year, I like all my teachers, but back in 8th grade, my honors algbra teacher was totally against me. I missed school to go fishing one day and he had a sub the same day, well a bunch of kids were throwing paper air planes that day and when me and the teacher got back he IMMEDIATLY started yelling at me for it and i wasn't even there! He would not help me at all in school and because of him I'm terrible at math, had to drop Alge II and have to take Alge I again!

That, is just wrong. I don't understand teachers like that. Honestly.
Anyway, I don't really hate any of my teachers. How can I, they're awesome!! In all my fourteen years I've never really had any mean teachers.

Essays.....ugh. My essays usually end up sounding so boring and short I wonder how I even get A's-B's on them.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I prefer essays over oral reports, group projects, or just about anything else any day.

Shem
October 30th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Generally when our teachers make us write an essay, they make us read them to the class as well... Because they need to prepare us for oral presentations... Stupid...

Patchisou Yutohru
October 31st, 2008, 03:36 AM
Well, I understand completely why they make us do oral presentations, it's just hard to stand up in front of a bunch of your classmates opposed to adults. I mean, I have no problem speaking to people who are older. It's the younger ones that are hard to deal with (meaning my own age and anything lower). The kids your own age would make fun of you about it and the younger kids... I don't know. I find it awkward to speak in front of the tikes.

4th Gen Matt
October 31st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Well, I understand completely why they make us do oral presentations, it's just hard to stand up in front of a bunch of your classmates opposed to adults. I mean, I have no problem speaking to people who are older. It's the younger ones that are hard to deal with (meaning my own age and anything lower). The kids your own age would make fun of you about it and the younger kids... I don't know. I find it awkward to speak in front of the tikes.

I love speaking in front of little kids. You can joke around with them and stuff.

I hate speaking in front of people my age. I always think they are making fun of me.

Adults I am ok with. They are more mature then most people my age so they actually listen to the report.

Surf
November 1st, 2008, 01:58 AM
I'm at a High School thats big on sport
so naturaly there are massive fights
which i get beaten up in

Patchisou Yutohru
November 1st, 2008, 02:35 AM
There's an easy way to solve that, Hackimon: Avoid confrontation. When you sense something is going to go wrong, listen to that and don't open your mouth on problems that you know you're clearly correct on and other people are too hardheaded to realize that they're wrong. Because that seems to be the main cause of most of the fights that occur at school these days. That and rumor spreading. During in which case, the above seems irrelevant and you should stop spreading rumors. But, I'm neither stating nor saying you don't spread rumors because everyone has spread at least one in their life.

.Iramet
November 1st, 2008, 02:07 PM
There's an easy way to solve that, Hackimon: Avoid confrontation. When you sense something is going to go wrong, listen to that and don't open your mouth on problems that you know you're clearly correct on and other people are too hardheaded to realize that they're wrong. Because that seems to be the main cause of most of the fights that occur at school these days. That and rumor spreading. During in which case, the above seems irrelevant and you should stop spreading rumors. But, I'm neither stating nor saying you don't spread rumors because everyone has spread at least one in their life.

Wow!
Well said Patchisou!
That is the best way anyone could have said it.
^.^

Surf
November 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
No i mean like theres a game of soccer being played then suddenly some guy trips someone then he gets punched. Then the guy whose friend punches that guy. Then the guy who got punched punches someone else then so on and so forth

Conman
November 1st, 2008, 05:47 PM
I completely hate writing about things I'm in no way interested in. So yea, I hate writing essays at school. This is also why I hate English class the most out of all my classes.

----------------
Listening to: Que B.I.L.L.A.H.; The Cool Kids - I Got Colors (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+cool+kids/track/i+got+colors)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Patchisou Yutohru
November 2nd, 2008, 04:12 AM
No i mean like theres a game of soccer being played then suddenly some guy trips someone then he gets punched. Then the guy whose friend punches that guy. Then the guy who got punched punches someone else then so on and so forth

Even though I didn't understand what you said, I got the general idea and I'm afraid that all of those people are immature and need to grow up. It's as simple as that. They sure will have a lot of fun in high school if that continues. People there don't mess around and in another two or three years, depending on if you live in the United States and all and when your birthday is, that's something you and those people will have to start worrying about. As high school is when people start to change. For the better or worse.

FairyGarland
November 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Essay poll: it depends on the essay and whether or not I like the topic.