View Full Version : Anyone in Canada go to the gaming invasion in Toronto?

October 19th, 2008, 6:39 PM
I did..I loved it! I even got a wii hat for hitting 150 points on soccer heading

October 19th, 2008, 6:42 PM
I wanted to go but too much homework this weekend :c

October 19th, 2008, 6:44 PM
it was a blast.. sadly i couldn't play gears of war 2 since i was under 18 and my friends were there so no adults.

Motsuko Live
October 20th, 2008, 2:14 AM
I didn't even know it was going on... probably would have tagged along with a few buddies, though.

October 20th, 2008, 4:34 AM
I don't even know if this is more suited for here or Other Games but I'll leave it here for now. 8\

I didn't go, though I did consider it briefly. In the end I didn't think it'd be worth it to go play games if I already own them or plan on getting them soon. I also didn't feel like leaving the house to go downtown so I missed it. What exactly was there to do?

October 20th, 2008, 4:41 AM
Well, I don't think I would have much fun going on my own. Especially since I don't have a 360 or PS3 (although I would play the games that are there for them). I think it would be more fun as a friend thing. Seems kinda goofy otherwise.

October 20th, 2008, 4:42 AM
Well, I would've gone with my brother. Wouldn't have minded playing Gears 2 but... then again, I prefer trying out new games in the comfort of my own home where fewer people can see me suck so hard. XD;

October 20th, 2008, 4:49 AM

Also playing games like if someone just walks away from the screen is weird.

Ontario Place had this Pokemon event once. Pinball and Snap were there before they were released (this was loong ago). So, I went to play Snap after the guy in front of me left but he was on some menu (I think it was when you select pictures for Oak) and I had no clue how to get to the actual game. Which is kinda sad because its not that complicated.

October 20th, 2008, 4:55 AM
I hate that too. It's part of the reason I never really bother playing games at kiosks or setups in stores unless I know the game well and... if I do, what's the point in playing it at a store? XD I never understand how my brother can, yet that's all he does if we walk into a store that has them.

So now that I think about it, he would have adored this event.

October 20th, 2008, 6:38 AM
Ontario Place also used to have a pavilion every summer completely full of SuperNES games. That was so much fun when I was little. I wasn't exactly aware of what video games were out back then. So, that place was helpful. That was the first time I played Super Mario Kart.

October 20th, 2008, 5:32 PM
well the games were either best selling or newest releases and i gotta say....no new wii games were there so i was dissapointed but i had fun playing dance dance revolution...bioshock, ect