PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered...

Cassino
October 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
What does Bill Gates do with his money?

Sorry, this does seem a bit of a spam-attracting topic, but I'd be interested to see where it goes.
I'll say this once: be serious if you're going to post here.

Aurafire
October 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I know he gives incredible amounts away to charity, but that still leaves him with millions upon millions of dollars. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what he does with all of it =/....

Hiidoran
October 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Didn't he only donate money because people pressured him to do so?
That could just be meaningless speculation, however.

Hmm... I'm not quite sure what a guy like Bill Gates does with his vast amount of wealth. Perhaps he simply stores it all away or invests it in other things. I know he uses a large proportion of it to buy other companies out and such, but otherwise I suppose he just does what he wants with it.

Motsuko Live
October 20th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Apart from donating ridiculous amounts to charity, I've heard he uses it to make sure his children get the best education possible (as I'm sure most of us would). I'm not sure what else he does with the rest.

But even so, he can't really be blamed. I mean, it's billions of dollars... that's a lot of money to spend. Even with all the new technology in the world.

Cassino
October 20th, 2008, 02:40 PM
But even so, he can't really be blamed. I mean, it's billions of dollars... that's a lot of money to spend. Even with all the new technology in the world.
I'd just spend those billions on... ... ... a moon base, and other stuff. :O

Maybe he keeps it for reserve funding in case Microsuck starts to lose profit...

True Reign
October 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I think I have heard some where that he uses his money to make his house 'high-tech' and what I mean is that he uses his money to have like automatic toilet flush, his windows darken at night automatically, and his television turns into the channel he wants it to turn by voice command. Your starting to get where I am coming from?

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Bill Gates has too much money for his own wealth to spend it on such needs that the "common people" in America and possibly other countries do as well. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Sure, he pays for food and taxes and all that great stuff that we get the joys on spending our money on. But that honestly can't, and of course isn't all of what he spends it on.

From my opinion and theory on this subject, I strongly believe that he spends it on the needs of the people and children all across the country, and perhaps the world. There's charity as well as other donations that I'm sure that he spends it on, like others. And you can't forget Microsoft Events. Honesly, I'm pretty positive he spends the most with those events than the rest of the staff members of Microsoft could. Aside from that, I do recall reading an article of him donating to a lot of cancer research foundations and events.

And from what Trogdorhump said regarding screwing himself over; I'm pretty sure the founder of Microsoft would know how to spend his money wisely having been in the business for so many years. Along with that, like I said, he's got too much money for his own wealth. How could someone be a founder of a major computer company screw themselves over anyway? Bill Gates isn't just rich, in case you didn't notice.

So EVERYONE that isn't iTarded can benefit by stuff like Windows. AND you know how much he still has.

Now, now, do you really need to go insulting those who like Apple? I mean, come on. That's just not cool. What someone else likes shouldn't be something you're so offensive about nor should insult them about. And if you think it's that way, I think it's time to grow up, my friend.

Lusankya
October 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Bill Gates doesn't actually HAVE all that money, he is WORTH all that money. That means that most of his money is in the form of investments and stocks, not cold hard cash sitting in mega-huge bank account. Meaning he CAN'T spend it unless he sells those investments or stocks. It also means that daily fluctuations of the stock markets makes him lose or gain billions of dollars every day.

On the subject of what he spends it on, most of it he just invests in stuff so that he gets even more money. The rest he either has allocated in case of emergency, for his children, or donates.

Sounds
October 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
swince his amount will never stop increasing...i think he will give loads of it to charity(who doesn't?)
and a bit to his children otherwise i have no idea

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Bill gates probably adds another 50 miles of fiber-optic cables through his house.

Since you walk around with a chib-board that automaticly plays your favorite music and sets the room temp. to your favorite temp without you doing nothing but walking into the room.

Randall Raichu
October 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Bill Gates could give 15 dollars to EVERY person on Earth and STILL have over 10 Million dollars. Just a fun fact for ya! If I ever see him, I'm asking for 100 bucks.

Cassino
October 21st, 2008, 12:46 PM
Now, now, do you really need to go insulting those who like Apple? I mean, come on. That's just not cool. What someone else likes shouldn't be something you're so offensive about nor should insult them about. And if you think it's that way, I think it's time to grow up, my friend.
First lesson of life: accept that you will be lampooned.

Bill Gates doesn't actually HAVE all that money, he is WORTH all that money. That means that most of his money is in the form of investments and stocks, not cold hard cash sitting in mega-huge bank account. Meaning he CAN'T spend it unless he sells those investments or stocks. It also means that daily fluctuations of the stock markets makes him lose or gain billions of dollars every day.
Oh I see... well I don't because I don't know how the stock market works and am not even confident that I know what it is... but I see. ō.ō

Bill Gates could give 15 dollars to EVERY person on Earth and STILL have over 10 Million dollars..
So he has over 90 billion USD? Good god...

thorn96
October 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
My friend said he heard a rumor that old Bill randomly gives out hundreds of dollars to randoms. If that's true, I LOVE YOU MICROSOFT!
Can I have money now? I'm an enthusiast! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!